Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

We all have our wishlists for what we'd like to and not like to see on our shows.  Who should come back from the dead, who should stay buried, what the next big sandwich at Kelly's Diner should be...

I figured we could use a place to talk about our dreams for General Hospital.

Since AJ just "died" I'm assuming I can't get my dream of hate-turned-to-love Carly/AJ story, but it'd be nice if maybe Johnny and Matt got let out of jail for good behavior or something...

A girl can dream...

I want Sonny to truly pay for something, anything, in a way that actually has long-term ramifications -- not just going off his meds and acting like a psychotic child for a couple of weeks while his family coddles him and tries to get him to take his meds again.  I'll take jail, being permanently disowned by Michael, anything.  Even if he just went to jail for a few months and somehow got out on a technicality, that would probably go such a long way toward audience goodwill.  It's comical that doctors such as Steven Lars Webber and Matt Hunter are in jail, yet bottom feeder Sonny skates every single time.  I don't care one whit if he has claustrophobia -- that would actually make the story more compelling.

I want Franco to be GONE.  He serves absolutely no purpose other than holding Carly's purse, and the canvas would be so improved without his presence (especially since the cast could use a bit of a thinning out in general).

• Love 10

I want Sonny to truly pay for something, anything, in a way that actually has long-term ramifications -- not just going off his meds and acting like a psychotic child for a couple of weeks ....  I don't care one whit if he has claustrophobia -- that would actually make the story more compelling.

I want Franco to be GONE.  He serves absolutely no purpose other than holding Carly's purse, and the canvas would be so improved without his presence (especially since the cast could use a bit of a thinning out in general).

Ah, wouldn't that be wonderful, to see Sonny pay for something - ANYTHING? As for his claustrophobia, I wish they dump his flat ass in a garbage can and put on the lid. Let him weep in darkness.

As for Franco, ditto. Only a truly perverted mind like Ron C. could have thought it was not only a good idea to resurrect this misshapen mess AND make him a leading man. And he's also managed to put a serious dent in Roger Howarth's popularity.

Why does Show think we would, or want to root for these horrors?

• Love 4

The sad thing is, more and more, the only "cure" I can see for the show is to lay it to rest.  And I was distraught at the idea of the show being cancelled in 2012 without hitting it's golden anniversary.  But as the legacies of the show thin out, the writing gets worse, the underwear models infest the show...I'm sorry, but I just can't.  I don't see how FV maintains a budget with all the casting calls he put out.  I can't see how RC gets away with being an ass and throwing temper tantrums on twitter.  

My morning radio personalities here in NYC had a piece yesterday (4/3).  It seems as though ABC News is looking for a fourth hour of GMA similar to Kathy Lee and Hoda.  They even surprise auditioned Maria Menunos for the show and according to the report, would pair her with Lara Spencer.  Now, ABCD's new chief is the current head of the news division, but he doesn't take the job for a year, I believe.  But, I can see him having this brainstorm and I suspect he may be gunning for the time slot.  The report also said Spencer/Menunos would'be be up and running for another year and a half to two years...well within the time that ABC has confirmed GH's status and hinted about their status.

• Love 2
(edited)

Who should come back from the dead:  AJ, Georgie, Emily (not a NL fan, but we need more Q's), Alan, Zander, AJ, AJ, oh...did I mention AJ!

Who should stay buried: Jason Morgan, Courtney, Connie (didn't hate her but we can't get her without Sonny attached)

Whos should return: JohnnyZ, Steven Lars (as a recast), Robert, AJ (he needs to come back to life already after this recent dreck), Dillon, Decker Moss (find the guy who played him and bring him back!), Jax, Jagger, JasonQ, Brenda (away from Sonny), Robin, Kristina (in a recast), Serena Baldwin, Laura.

Who should go or die:  Sonny, Franco, Ava, Kiki, Silas, Nathan, Madeline, any mention of Nina Clay, Sabrina, Felix, Shawn, Luke, Heather, Olivia

These recent occurances need to be a bad dream.  Maybe of Carly's.  She wakes up and hears her shower running.  In a haze, she thinks it's Franco, but when she opens the curtain it's AJ.  Her "reality" is that they got back together at some point and have been getting it on for months now, but somehow she dreamed up all this other crap.  Things had spiraled out so bad in her alternate reality that she's releived to find AJ alive and in her shower and joins him for some shower-sex. 

Meanwhile, Sonny has either died or is rotting in prison somewhere.  Michael is happy that his bio parents are together and is enjoying his life with new girlfriend, Maxie Jones...

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 1
(edited)

Heather gives Ava some of her LSD-spiked iced tea. Ava goes cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs, and, thinking Sonny is AJ back from the dead again, shoots and kills him. Ava, who also confesses to shooting Connie, gets sent to lockdown at Ferncliff, never to be seen again. Sonny's funeral is sparsely attended after the truth about him shooting AJ is revealed. Carly's role in keeping Sonny's secret is also revealed, and Michael turns his back on her. Kiki and Michael quarrel over this, and Kiki leaves town.

In a final, epic Spencer-Cassadine battle, Luke gets a redemption storyline. Victor and Helena take their battle for power to Port Charles, where an epidemic is unleashed on the city. Franco, Sabrina, Felix, and Olivia are among the dead. Joss, Anna, Obrecht, Julian, and Nikolas are among the ill. It's up to Robert and Luke to figure things out and track down the Cassadines to get the cure. Luke is shot but kills Helena and Victor really, truly, finally, dead. He and Laura have a final goodbye, with loads of flashbacks of the glory days, as they express their gratitude for everything they had together. Luke dies holding the hands of Lulu and Lucky, while Tracy holds him in her arms. There is a huge memorial for him, as family and friends from the past gather. Pallbearers include Robert, Lucky, Ethan, Lucas, Morgan, and Michael.

Maxie returns with her baby, after Spinelli is killed in a car accident. She settles back in Port Charles and tries to rebuild her life as a mother.

Carly leaves town after Joss' complications from the epidemic require specialized treatment overseas. Michael comes to say goodbye to Joss, but snubs Carly. Other than Bobbie and Morgan, no one else bothers to say goodbye to Carly. She sobs as the plane takes off.

With Victor dead, Robin is free from his threats. She returns home, telling Patrick she turned off Stavros' life support, killing him. Unfortunately, Jason was too far gone to save. She is able to bring his body home. Sam has him cremated. Half of the ashes, Sam and Robin scatter from the bridge in memory of Jason Morgan. The other half of the ashes are given to Monica, to be buried in the Quartermaine crypt as Jason Quartermaine. AJ returns home for the private service, telling Tracy that he sold his shares of ELQ to Monica and Michael. She can deal with them, he's done with her. He sabotages the MetroCourt while Carly is overseas, ruining her investment and forcing her to sell out. He buys it through a shadow company he created, and renames it Quartermaine Plaza. He hires Morgan to run the health club at the hotel. Maxie gets a job running guest services.

Obrecht loses whatever leverage she had after Victor dies, and she's demoted at GH. Monica assumes power as chief of staff. She names Patrick as chief of surgery, and Robin as chief of immunology.

Edited by MsChicklet
  • Love 9

Unfortunately, Jason was too far gone to save. She is able to bring his body home. Sam has him cremated. Half of the ashes, Sam and Robin scatter from the bridge in memory of Jason Morgan. The other half of the ashes are given to Monica, to be buried in the Quartermaine crypt as Jason Quartermaine.

WOW, Ms. Chicklet, just WOW. I would love to see this - it's the perfect way to acknowledge both of Jason's lives and lets the people involved in each one do what they need to mourn.

Just how does one go about getting a writing job on a soap opera?

• Love 4

In a final, epic Spencer-Cassadine battle, Luke gets a redemption storyline. Victor and Helena take their battle for power to Port Charles, where an epidemic is unleashed on the city. Franco, Sabrina, Felix, and Olivia are among the dead. Joss, Anna, Obrecht, Julian, and Nikolas are among the ill. It's up to Robert and Luke to figure things out and track down the Cassadines to get the cure. Luke is shot but kills Helena and Victor really, truly, finally, dead. He and Laura have a final goodbye, with loads of flashbacks of the glory days, as they express their gratitude for everything they had together. Luke dies holding the hands of Lulu and Lucky, while Tracy holds him in her arms. There is a huge memorial for him, as family and friends from the past gather. Pallbearers include Robert, Lucky, Ethan, Lucas, Morgan, and Michael.

I'd replace Michael and Morgan with Nikolas and Dante, but otherwise, yes please.

Oh and even though he could still be included, I'd still change Ethan's paternity. They can even retcon the retcon of the affair by saying Holly drugged him and let him think they had sex for whatever reason. Or maybe they both got high and just thought they had sex lol.

Oh and even though he could still be included, I'd still change Ethan's paternity. They can even retcon the retcon of the affair by saying Holly drugged him and let him think they had sex for whatever reason. Or maybe they both got high and just thought they had sex lol.

That would be cool. I'd even be glad of a retcon where Holly, wanting a child but not finding someone to have one with, asked Luke and Laura if Luke could be a sperm donor with the understanding that Luke would be under no obligations to be a father. Laura, understanding the desire for a child, gave the OK.

My ultimate retcon of Ethan, however, is that he is the son of Holly and Luke's late cousin, Bill Eckert. When Holly fled Port Charles after their relationship crashed, she discovered she was pregnant and was scared Bill would either take the child from her or use it against her somehow. She reached out to Luke and Laura, who agreed to go along with a cover story that Luke was her sperm donor. Either one would explain Ethan's paternity in a way that eliminated the bullshit retcon of Luke  cheating on Laura all those years ago.

• Love 5

I wish that there was a way to have JJ's Lucky sing at the Nurses' Ball. Perhaps they could have him send in a tape of him singing an original song from Africa. Young Lucky was a great performer there.

• Love 1
(edited)

Assuming A.J. is dead and not 'dead':  Sonny is tried & convicted of 1st degree murder and is wisked off to jail. Carly is convicted for covering up the murder.  The entire town shuns them.

Michael disowns Sonny & Carly completely and legally changes his name to Alan James Quartermaine III in honor of his father & grandfather. He and Monica grow closer. Morgan, disgusted by his parents' behavior moves to wherever Jax & Josslyn live.

A new Quartermaine shows up at the front door, she's the daughter of A.J. and Keesha from way back when.  There's no "almost incest" between the newly christened Alan & his half-sister. They know right from the start that they are siblings. Monica gets a granddaughter to dote on. Side note: I'm a little bit iffy on this part of my ret-con, I hate that A.J. missed out on a chance to parent both of his kids. On the other hand, I love giving Monica a granddaughter & another connection to A.J.

Jason (now aptly played by a differed actor) regains his Q memories and his moral compass & backbone. He truly feels absolutely disgusted & remorseful over what he did-not only to A.J. but as part of the mob. He willingly turns state's evidence against Sonny, but also does jail time for his mob crimes.

Alternatives: Monica kills Sonny and disposes the body off the coast of Bolivia. It's declared justifiable homicide. When she's back home, her entire family has a big party for her-complete with a cake. Everyone had a blast-even Tracy!

Okay, not exactly "Mad Men" or "Breaking Bad" level storytelling, but I so want Sonny to actually pay for his crimes & for the Quartermaines to have some good luck happen to them after all the stuff they've been through.

Edited by ladybug
  • Love 3

I think that maybe the only thing that would turn this show back to GH is if Sonny decides to quit the mob and go to medical school and is discovered that he is the best doctor evah and immediately starts practicing at GH and replaces Dr. O as chief of staff because after all he is Sonny.

• Love 2

It's been a long held dream of mine that - due the yumminess that is Ted King - Lorenzo is actually WSB and comes back married to Deke's unknown daughter who is a Doctor. No, she is not Sonny's sister - she's Deke's daughter with another woman. She reveals that Sonny's beloved mother was a complete whack job who was actually abusive as all heck. Deke would have left her but he was trying to protect Sonny. Deke did lock Sonny in the closet - to protect him from Adella. She hates Sonny and wants him under the jail for having her father murdered. 

Sonny cannot deal with this and tries to end it all. Like everything else, he can't do this right either and winds up in a coma. Everyone in Port Chuck he ever treated like garbage gets to come into the room and tell him off. Somehow Felix trips over the ventilator cord and Sonny croaks. He is most certainly deader than the proverbial doornail and at the funeral his kids sit around and talk about the various ways he got almost all of them killed.  Then he is never mentioned again. Carly can't deal with no Sonny and also leaves Port Charles to look for her true love, Jason.

Since Lorenzo is actually a good guy now and Anna runs off with Robert to rejoin the WSB, he becomes the Police Commissioner. Robin comes back and so does Dr Kyle Julian and his brother Leo. Dr. Kyle and Lucas start dating. Felix is heartbroken and runs away forever. Sabrina goes with him and we see her son with Patrick on occasion.

Nik decides Britta is just enough of a liar and schemer to be a good Cassadine. Stephan comes back and approves of the match. 

• Love 3

I wish that the hospital would become the central pillar of Port Charles.  It was a fine soap opera before Luke Spenser showed up.  Put the mob stuff on prime time.  It's pretty pathetic that all that Ron/Frank have done with this show with the woman is either make them pregnant or stupid.  It figures that they got rid of Ellie.  How about getting rid of the mob (Corinthos and Cassadines) and have an influx of Doctors and Residents?

• Love 3

I want Alexis to find out about Ric, but keep the truth from Molly to protect her.  I want Alexis and Ric to spend time together while he's in hiding in Port Charles, not somewhere else.  I want Alexis and Ric to rekindle their relationship and realize their love is real and not pipe dreams like Liric and Julexis.  I want banter, hot sex, and true love.  And a pony.  

What I wished would have happened, is since Jordan knew that Julian truly wanted out:

A.  Do what Anna did with Ric

B.  Let Julian and Alexis in on it, including Jordan real job

C.  Finally bring down Faux Luke and if possible bring down Sonny also.

(edited)

What's going on with Mac Scorpio, is he still alive?

If he is, my wish is for him to find true and lasting love with a good woman.

Oh and Stutters loses his "coffee" empire, ends up a Barista at

Starbucks.

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba

I wish someone would push Felix into oncoming traffic.

I wish writers remembered that Maxie used to be snarky and amazing and get rid of his podperson impersonating as Maxie.

I wish Morgan was shirtless more often.

I wish Brad stopped chasing after Lucas' worthless ass. Don't chase, replace!

I wish Matt was back. He was fun and a doctor and not in the mob!

I wish Sabrina's plane to Puerto Rico crash-lands in the ocean.

I wish someone would kill this insipid Niz trainwreck with fire. 

• Love 2

I wish Matt was back, too. Patrick needs a bro.

My wish list primarily is to ditch the following characters, in this order: Franco, Nina, Levi, Ava, Kiki, Shawn, Rafe.

I also wish Ned would appear every day.

(edited)

Here is my longer Dr.O post about Nik. She is way over thinking about snaring Nik and getting rid of the competition that is Liz. I have a better plan:

• Try to drive Liz and Nik apart? No honey, you want to do the exact opposite. Lock them together somewhere, come up with contrived reasons for them to be forced to interact with each other. Having Nik ride in on his white horse to get Liz's job back is a pretty good start. Nik needs to start getting bored/frustrated with Liz, like he did with Emily and Courtney once he successfully stole both of them from their previous spouses.
  • The last thing you want to do is kill or even physically hurt Liz. It will drive him into white knight mode or he will push aside Ghost/tumor!Emily for Ghost/tumor!Liz. Notice there isn't a Ghost/tumor!Courtney, that is because a virus killed her, not some Shakespearen villain. 
  • See if you can set up Britt with someone else. Try someone with a past Nik can judge that accepts Britt for who she is. Since Bryan Craig is dating Kelly Thiebaud in real life, why not Morgan? He can make snide comments about Morgan sleeping with a cougar and working for the Jeromes. Nik rarely contacted Liz for two years and before that ignored her in favor of Brook Lynn, but once AJ and her developed a flirtation, that rang across the ocean and he was back sniffing around her. I suspect part of Nik's interest in Britt was because she was still nursing feelings for Patrick.
  • Get Britt engaged. Nik likes his women married or almost. If it emotional ruins Britt's new guy, all the better. Nik likes a challenge .
Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1
(edited)

I want all of the unemployed characters to get jobs.

For starters, Morgan & Maxie should into business together.  He could be the general contractor and she the interior decorator.  

Then I want Keeks to become a nurse and Lucas to become a doctor.

Lastly, I think Molly should become a candy striper while TJ gets an internship at Diane & Alexis' firm.  

Edited b/c I want Molly to get a job at the hospital, not Uncle Sonny's club.

Edited by Tiger

Hey, @Tiger, I don't mean to be anal retentive, but I think you mean candy striper for Molly as candy stripper brings to mind Uncle Sonny...recruiting...Molly to strip at his sleazy club, taking up where Karen Wexler left off, paying Molly with candy.  :-P (Though I GUESS it'd be better than hooking her on drugs, too, maybe? Okay...not really.)

As an aside, at least then, Sonny was portrayed as the pig he was.

Not quite sure where to put this. It's about my overall ambivalence right now about the show.

The character I'm most interested right now in is Morgan, and his character is in a stall right now. And if his next story is gonna be re-romancing Kiki . . . snooze.

My favorite character is Dante, and while I wouldn't MIND him starting a new romance with a character per se if I thought if it was gonna be written decently, I know Ron can't write romance for shit, so I'm not really interested. I would make an exception for an Anna fling though, because I know FH and DZ can make a little something out of nothing. But that is a remote possibility.

The secret I'm most interested in, Sonny getting exposed for killing AJ, will only be resolved satisfactorily only if Sonny goes to prison or the mental hospital even for just a little bit. Without that, Michael shunning Sonny is not enough for me to care. I couldn't care less if Michael shuns Sonny or not. As it is, I still don't trust Ron not to throw in some bullshit retcon about how Ava secretly had another gun in her cleavage and whipped it out at the same time Sonny shot AJ, and it was really HER bullet that killed him.

Overall, I think the thing that would really cure GH now is the fallout to Sonny shooting AJ to be damned good. But, yeah, I don't trust it to be so.

• Love 2

I want Sonny's permanent or temp exit to mirror Laura's 2002 exit.  I want to see him in a wheelchair, and drooling.

If it's good enough for Laura, it's damn sure good enough for Sonny.

• Love 2

Ava - not actually pregnant - manages to rope a mentally unsound, bipolar Sonny into marriage. Sonny is caught out as A.J.'s murderer and sent off to Ferncliff for at least six months. Due to her machinations, Ava gets away clean with none the wiser about her murder of Connie outside of Sonny's powerless inner circle.

Mrs. Ava Corinthos then reigns supreme for at least six to nine months.

• Love 1
(edited)

I wish that the initial conception of Port Charles (intern doctors starting their careers) wasn't its own soap opera but was folded into General Hospital. 

Then years later we got the 2nd season of GH:Night Shift as a summer storyline on General Hospital.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1