Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

(edited)

I'd argue that both Ned and Laura have been allowed to grow in their positions as mayor. Ned has gone beyond all the Quartermaine in-fighting over ELQ, and Laura from the teen who went all the adventures to a powerful woman.

For all that they are very annoying, there has been an effort to grow Lulu and and Maxie, Lulu becoming Girl Reporter and Maxie moving out from being Nina's minion and trying to grow Deception.  Possibly Franco becoming an art therapist.

That's all I got. Everyone else seems to have been frozen in time.  I don't consider Carly to have grown because everything she's got, she got by marrying a rich powerful man.

Anna should be the one with her own PI agency.

ETA: Liz has grown too.. I forgot about her.

Edited by statsgirl
(edited)

I thought for a moment they were going to tell a growth story with Brook Lynn when she came back - that the setback in her music career would force her to try new things, discover new talents, find a new appreciation for the family business.  But nope, they blew up her working at ELQ almost as soon as it started.  So stupid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

It was also really insulting, because as usual, Brook Lynn was set up to fail. She's not a receptionist, so don't put her in that position! She had good ideas for the company, like updating the hold music, but of course we can't have a wimmins who isn't Carly succeed in a career without severe setbacks. UGH.

• Love 3

Moved this from the episode thread:

They could stop recycling the same stories over and over. Have Sonny/Jason/Carly lose for a change, and lose big enough that it can drive other stories. Why has no one ever gone after the MetroCourt? Put Olivia and Carly on opposite sides. Stop bringing on new characters and then stranding them.

I'm liking Valentin taking over ELQ save for the dumbness of people like Sam and, to a lesser degree, Brook Lynn. At least BL didn't know from the start that Valentin was involved, the way Sam did. Valentin is allowed some humor, which this show desperately lacks. We need more intentional humor.

Have Laura investigate the vote tampering and wrestle with how to handle the fact that it was her overindulged grandson who committed that felony. Have Spencer actually punished for something, instead of everyone laughing it off as "that rascal, Spencer. What are you gonna do?"

Follow-through is one thing this show is terrible at. If Sonny/Jason/Carly are going to win all the time, do something with that other than make them insufferably smug. Michael won custody of Wiley, so explore what being married to Willow is now for. 

• Love 2

Relationship angst has to have some stakes. Chase and Sasha fake cheating isn’t it and it doesn’t seem like they are willing to do anything real for the other couples. They have to be willing to really blow couples up on occasion for any of the angst to mean anything. 

• Love 4

Oh, speaking of terrible follow-through: What was the point of having Carly have Jason's PoA and have him not be in danger? All she did was sign the surgery form, which I think isn't necessary when it's an emergency. Or else they'll go ahead with the surgery and sign the papers after the fact. No hospital is going to let a patient die because they can't find the person to sign the consent forms.

Anyway, wouldn't Carly technically have to be his health proxy to make medical decisions for him? If the show is going to make such a big deal about stuff like this, it needs to be accurate.

For this story to work, we need Jason in a coma with no progress for a couple of weeks, and Carly and Sam and Sonny can start arguing about what to do. That's where the drama is, Show. Not in Carly signing the form and Jason being immediately fine. I mean...*sputters at the idiocy of it all*

• Love 3

Because I don't want to completely write off Brook Lynn character, I want her to be the one that figures a way out this Valentin mess. While everyone else is busy blaming Brook Lynn for ELQ and Michael is trying to bang Willow, Brook Lynn moves out of the Metro Court  as Carly and Olivia get into a huge argument bc Carly wants to kick her out. Instead of moving back to Brooklyn with Lois, she answers a roommate wanted posting and moves in with Felix ( I am using what is on the canvas). Brook Lynn continues to wallow in self pity, her heart no longer being into music, but visits Lucy, who convinces her to at least try and fix the situation with ELQ. Over the course of the year, many of her plans against Valentin and her former producer go to shit. Until she runs into Diane who mentions BL's betrayal of Michael and Edward's will reading. BL decides to get a hold of the original copy of Edward's will and manages to find a loophole: she, along with ever Q that gave Valentin their shares, weren't allowed too, rendering all of the transactions invalid. Though she realizes she is back under contract with her producer, she feels an a weight lifted off her shoulders.  Valentin somehow gets wind of BL finding the provision and tries to kill her in order to keep control of ELQ, but is unsuccessful and arrested, while BL's injuries damages her vocal cords.  Tracy temporarily returns in order to get ELQ back under the Qs control. She mentions that not only is she impressed that Brook Lynn managed to pull this off, she gloats to both Monica and Carly that where Michael failed to protect and rescue ELQ, BL managed to save it, and also points out that BL wasn't only one that sold out ELQ. Ned invites Brook Lynn back into the Q mansion, but BL declines as she no longer wants to be dependent on others for her life and career, and now will focus on her own boutique digital music label she started over the past year. Valentin has been charged with attempted murder and contacts BL to strike some sort of deal. BL agrees to change her testimony in order for Valentin to avoid prison, but only if he gets her out of music contract like before, even though she can no longer sing professionally but wants to return to songwriting. 

Meanwhile, Tracy manages to convince the Qs that Michael shouldn't be CEO for the time being and a new character is brought on and hired as the new CEO. 

• Love 1

I wouldn't mind BL and Valentin working together on ELQ. He is a decent businessman, and it would be nice to see her not be portrayed as so inept. Let her restart L&B Records to get control of her music. It can be a subsidiary of ELQ.

• Love 1

I was just thinking that the teen scene needs a SORASed Spencer. They can have a dynamic similar to AJ and Jason (before the brain injury) where Spencer loves and resents Cam at the same time because he feels like their family and friends prefer Cam to him. Spencer can envy Cam's easy relationship with Nikolas because it's not weighted down with the expectations of being a Cassadine. He can envy the fact that Cam has two younger brothers who adore him.  Spencer may have the money and the name but Cam has the relationships he wants. Spencer can team up with Dev or Josslyn for shenanigans. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I definitely think, because the show stupidly went the Starr route with Joss, that the teen set needs a schemer, they're all too sugary nice.  My pick, though, would be Lila Rae.  We need a Q up in there.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Ugh, I don't want to see a scheming teen working against other teens. I like it better when they're working together against a big bad or something. Join Molly and TJ with the hospital demonstration or something. Spare me teen machinations, though.

I do agree the teen scene needs some new blood, and that doesn't include a SORASed Spencer. They'll never get rid of Nicolas Bechtel until he's no longer interested. Spencer should stay off-screen, at boarding school, IMO. He's a little turd who was never punished for the FELONY OF VOTE TAMPERING. I will never let that go.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was thinking, with Lulu about to be coma-ed off the show, now would be a really interesting time to finally bring back Serena, because I think it could cause some interesting family drama/tension with Laura and Kevin.  Imagine Serena's in some kind of pickle and Kevin's involved in trying to help his longtime stepdaughter out, I could see that being hard for Laura to watch at the same time her blonde little girl is laying comatose off-screen.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I was thinking, with Lulu about to be coma-ed off the show, now would be a really interesting time to finally bring back Serena, because I think it could cause some interesting family drama/tension with Laura and Kevin.  Imagine Serena's in some kind of pickle and Kevin's involved in trying to help his longtime stepdaughter out, I could see that being hard for Laura to watch at the same time her blonde little girl is laying comatose off-screen.

I've so much wanted Serena for so long but I fear now her story would be all about her forming a relationship with Franco.

• Useful 2

Since they're doing this story with Sonny having amnesia, he should start to remember, but be years behind, and think he's married to Brenda Barrett. It'd be an easy way to bring Vanessa Marcil back to canvas.

On 1/18/2021 at 9:20 PM, Laur said:

Since they're doing this story with Sonny having amnesia,

It seems like FV et.al. have amnesia.  This is a soap opera about a hospital not about a mobster family.  I wouldn't mind as much if MB was a bit easier on the eyes and/or could act.  It also is evident, with months of this failed storyline, that it would be quite easy to rip the corinthos from the fabric of General HOSPITAL. 

• Love 2

Amnesia is a classic soap plot, so in a general sense I'm fine with it. However, the writing for this amnesia plot is so boring and stupid. It doesn't help that MB isn't doing much to differentiate Sonny from Mike. All of Sonny's tics are still there, IMO. 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It doesn't help that MB isn't doing much to differentiate Sonny from Mike. All of Sonny's tics are still there,

There's 50% less whispering, so Emmy Award-worthy, for sure.

It seems like everything about Sonny is still there -- the BPAD (of course), the super fighting and shooting skills, the poker skills, the brilliance in sniffing out bad guys and of course the dimples that all women fall for -- everything except who he is and the people in his life.

No wonder Mike doesn't seem to be different than Sonny.

Brainstorm - the show should hire Lauren Lane - who played CC on "The Nanny" - to play a female assistant of Mr. Sheffield's who is extremely jealous of Liesl, both playing on that "Nanny" history and paralleling when we first met Liesl with Faison.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 9/3/2021 at 10:50 AM, TeeVee329 said:

Brainstorm - the show should hire Lauren Lane - who played CC on "The Nanny" - to play a female assistant of Mr. Sheffield's who is extremely jealous of Liesl, both playing on that "Nanny" history and paralleling when we first met Liesl with Faison.

While that would be enjoyable, the cast is already bloated.  I'd like to see Ava with Mr. Sheffield or the Country Doc.  MW deserves some respite from doing the heavy lifting with the younger actors (Morgan, Trina, and nuNik).  At a minimum, let Ava hook up with someone age appropriate. 

• Like 1