Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

(edited)

Peter Hermann is a 6'5" dish. Mariska Hargitay is a very lucky woman. He's 47; is that too old for Steven Lars? I don't mean according to SL's actual birth, but to who he'd be playing against now. Scott Reeves is 48, and there were a few complaints that he was too old.

Edited by dubbel zout
(edited)

Obviously he's over on Days at the moment, but I did really like Daniel Cosgrove as Scott Chandler (and with Stephanie Gatschet's Madison) the last year of ABC AMC.

Hey, while we're playing around, Stephanie Gatschet could make a good Sarah Webber.

She's too young. I wanted her for Lulu. I'd still like it if they decided to hire her for the role.

Peter Hermann is a 6'5" dish. Mariska Hargitay is a very lucky woman. He's 47; is that too old for Steven Lars? I don't mean according to SL's actual birth, but to who he'd be playing against now. Scott Reeves is 48, and there were a few complaints that he was too old.

Yeah, but I think if Scott Reeves had been charismatic or hot or anything that would overcome the old complaints. It was funny, he was hot for about his first three months or so and then he just, like, melted, or got orangized, or something.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I was not a big fan of Jeff Branson when he played Ryan Lavery's younger brother on AMC, but Daniel Cosgrove would absolutely rock my boat as a re-cast Steven Lars. He was one of the best Scott Chandlers on AMC, and I've seen him on other shows, doing a fine job. Cosgrove would be a fantastic addition to the cast!

• Love 1

Weirdly enough, Grayson McCouch could have been a decent Steven Lars. And if Steven Lars isn't "flashy enough" thats on RC and Guza. I think that there is a ton to mine from a man that has to battle Heather's dark side, but wants to honor Steven Hardy's legacy. But RC can't write a nuanced character like that and Guza wouldn't, it was all mobsters with hearts of gold, not doctors with some darkness.

Grayson-as-Steve: Liz! Liz! Ya crazy broad! It's ya brother! Wake up! Rise and shine! Like grandpa Hardy used to say, right? That old yokel! Where are your brats Liz! Time for Uncle Steve ta turn them into MEN!

• Love 5
It was funny, he was hot for about his first three months or so and then he just, like, melted, or got orangized, or something.

He sang "Hallelujah," for one thing. He was also insanely stupid about Lisa stalking Robin. And he did go orange. 

Grayson-as-Steve: Liz! Liz! Ya crazy broad! It's ya brother! Wake up! Rise and shine! Like grandpa Hardy used to say, right? That old yokel! Where are your brats Liz! Time for Uncle Steve ta turn them into MEN!

Bwah! And he'd probably be eye-fucking Liz at the same time. GMcC is not my cup of tea.

• Love 1

I was not a big fan of Jeff Branson when he played Ryan Lavery's younger brother on AMC, but Daniel Cosgrove would absolutely rock my boat as a re-cast Steven Lars. He was one of the best Scott Chandlers on AMC, and I've seen him on other shows, doing a fine job. Cosgrove would be a fantastic addition to the cast!

I didn't love any of the Lavery siblings on AMC. But I thought JB had potential and I really liked him on Y&R as Ronan

(edited)
These are not bad ideas. But kill Franco and Nina, don't ground them in anything. Except. you know. the ground.

Yeah, get rid of Franco and Nina, or if they must stick around, backburner them in a major way. I can't believe Giddens thinks blackmailing Olivia is a good idea. If there were a better reason than Julian being her baby's father, maybe. But as is? Very weak sauce.

I agree that the teen/young adult set needs more written for them, but Molly "crushing on a sexy (and possibly pervy) grad student who's teaching a creative writing seminar she begged Alexis to let her take" is problematic. The creative writing seminar? Great. A crush on her sexy grad student instructor? Okay. But a crush on her "possibly pervy" grad student instructor? NO. Statutory rape, anyone? This show has enough inappropriate relationship activity the way it is, what with the kids professing their love and need to lock things down. Ew. EW.

And LOL that Giddens finds Morgan "the erotic, angry, younger brother of Michael and Dante."

I like his ideas to put Anna and Jordan front and center, and give Maxie a career in fashion again.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Morgan could be interesting, but BC just falls short. Sorry not sorry. If Ron/Frank want a "name" actor, then they should go for Freddie Smith who's leaving Days or change Morgan to what he should and could be by doing a complete reboot. My top choices would be Jake Epstien or Munro Chambers from Degrassi. I worry about MC being too short though. They'd make Morgan a bit darker and smarter, which is what he should be. The damn kid grew up with one eye looking over his shoulder. He's not supposed to be stupid. I can't buy a decent Micheal /Morgan brother relationship because it seems like Michael is babysitting the neighbor's child. Kiki needs to go like yesterday. Just kill it with fire. Rosalie too. Bring on Christina Baldwin, Serena Baldwin, and age Cameron, Spencer, and Emma. Carly doesn't remember Joss, so send her away. Boom. Teen scene.

I'd just have it where Silas was actually pissed at Ava for being paid to seduce him, ruining his marriage, messing with his life, and he's fucking with her. I've seen ME do bad guy and it's actually awesome. Except it's not flat out evil, more shades of gray. Because we've seen the side where Nina lost everything, but not where Silas had a POV. That might be interesting. And it'd solve the problem of Ava needing to be redeemed.

• Love 1

I hope Freddie finds great success outside of daytime. He's too young and far too talented to be working in the cesspool masquerading as "General Hospital".

• Love 1

I hope he does too, but the block schedule plus the ABC name could mean a bit more. Playing Morgan Corinthos on GH might actually carry a bit more weight, even if it's for a year or so. That's my spec on why Billy Miller did it too. More "Hollywood " types will admit to liking GH than the other 3. And more often than not, the characters they know are Sonny, Jason, and Luke.

I wish they would make the show a half hour. Say what you will about B&B but there is no denying they have made that show super popular overseas and as a result they are able to film on location and their sets aren't cheap looking. It would also force them to get rid of dead weight actors. They could even mix it up telenovela style by having stories in chapter style so that they would have a clear beginning, middle, and end. If they wanted to keep more actors on then they could be rotated in and out of the chapters. Some of the characters could be supporting across those chapters like Mac & Felicia, Scotty, and Kevin.

I mean with this block taping crap they're basically already doing it since storylines go away for weeks and weeks at a time. So just embrace it and use it instead. Because something has GOT to give soon since it seems every story currently onscreen is roundly disliked by the majority. The mob thing is so played out and the younger demo is not feeling it at all. There aren't any primetime shows about that life on TV anymore because it's run its course for now at least. Take a cue FrankenRon and move the fuck on.

• Love 1

The mob thing- I can't believe I'm saying this- could be salvaged if they defined wtf the stupid mobs sell and deal or ship. Look at Sons of Anarchy. Or Breaking Bad, etc. You can't be the White Hat all the time. Just say, hey we have candy gummy bears or whatever. You can't have a good mob and a bad mob.

• Love 1

The mob thing- I can't believe I'm saying this- could be salvaged if they defined wtf the stupid mobs sell and deal or ship. Look at Sons of Anarchy. Or Breaking Bad, etc. You can't be the White Hat all the time. Just say, hey we have candy gummy bears or whatever. You can't have a good mob and a bad mob.

True, but I just realized both those shows are no longer on the air either lol. I can't think of one current tv show either on broadcast or cable that's really a mob-centric show. And looking at current ratings, with the exception of The Walking Dead, the top shows are comedies, politically-centered, HOSPITAL related or crime dramas where the criminals mostly actually get caught and the good guys are actual good guys. Take a cue, FrankenRon. Dear God TAKE.A.CUE!

Romance and family have always been the bread and butter of daytime soaps. I think back on the Doug Cummings and Angel Lange stories on ATWT and the Tom and Margo relationship. They had her cheat with Hal, but it made sense and didn't happen overnight. And they had Tom be drawn to Barbara but they had history so again, it made sense. But they got through their issues and came out stronger.

I guess my main wish is for FrankenRon to sit their collective ass down, pull out Doug Marland's bible, read it til they actually understand it (or have someone explain it to them like they're Sonny) and then do an overhaul. And stay the fuck off social media until they can act their age and not, as my husband Prince says, their shoe size.

• Love 2

With the talk of how large and unmanageable the cast is, if it was your job to trim the cast to 20 contract and 10 recurring characters, if that list could be comprised one any characters past, present, alive, ressurected, who would comprise your cast?

Here's mine:

CONTRACT

1) Michael Quartermaine

2) Tracy Quartermaine

3) Dillon Quartermaine

4) Georgie Jones

5) Skye Quartermaine

6) Anna Devane

7) Robert Scorpio

8) Robin Scorpio-Drake

9) Patrick Drake

10) Sam Morgan

11) Elizabeth Webber

12) Nikolas Cassadine

13) Lucky Spencer

14) Dante Falconeri

15) Lulu Spencer

16) Nathan West

17) Ellie Trout

18) Liesl Obrecht

19) Morgan Corinthos

20) Ava Jerome

RECURRING

1) Monica Quartermaine

2) Alan Quartermaine

3) Ned Ashton

4) Olivia Falconeri

5) Felicia Scorpio

6) Mac Scorpio

7) Emma Drake

8) Josslyn Jacks

9) Cameron Webber

10) Danny Quartermaine

Nik and Dr. O would be the main villains with a brainwashed Georgie as their pawn. Ava would run the mob as her husband Morgan raised their daughter Avery and clashed with his brothers. It'd be business stories with the Q's, hospital, and cop/spy adventures. Emma/Cam/Joss/Danny would be aged up to teens.

Edited by Tiger

Dr. O already recurring.

There's no way you can have a diverse cast with only 20 people. You cut the women in their 20s and the POC.

Contract:

Micheal Quartermaine

Jason Quartermaine

AJ Quartermaine

Carly Benson ......

Sonny Corinthos

Morgan Corinthos

Sabrina Santiago Quartermaine (yeah I'm marrying her and Micheal )

Tracy Quartermaine

Dillion Quartermaine

Ellie Trout

Serena Baldwin

Sam Morgan

Liz Webber

Stephen Lars Webber

TJ Ashford

Jordan Ashford

Justus Ward

Lucas Jones

Anna Devane

Dante Falconeri

Lulu Spencer

Patrick Drake

Alexis Davis

Julian Jerome

Recurring:

Avery

Emma (teen)

Cameron (teen)

Spencer (teen sent to live with Sonny)

Joss (teen)

Bobbie

Silas

• Love 1

Jason needs to save Robin. I want nobody else to do it.

Clearly, I'll have to write a fan fic about it. That and Jason having scenes with Monica and Micheal because Jason can only have scenes with Liz.

I need Liz to be prosecuted.

Not a rumor but a wish:  Sam gets pregnant with Patrick's child and stays with Patrick even when Jason gets his memory back.  Robin was an excessive talker, so Patrick should have no trouble with Sam's in your face motor mouth.

Jason's memory of self creates a new and improved Jason, one who is not Stone Cold Jason Morgan, mob assassin and Sonny ass-kisser.

Hayden is miraculously turned into Robin who is back in PC to stay.

Nina and Franco disappear into a giant time-space warp parallel universe never to be seen or heard from or of again.

Kiki and Morgan leave town before learning that Sonny isn't Avery's biological father.

Ava supplants Julian in the family business and totally wipes up the streets with Sonny who loses EVERYTHING.

Sure. Jason wanted to save Robin from a life with Patrick. He actually impregnated her. However, Helena or Franco or Sonny or Carly saw this and switched the babies with another baby. Jason got hit in the head again and forgot what he did. Emma isn't Robin's kid, but Robin is just figuring that out and trying to find Jason and their kid.

Is there any way to retcon Emma being Robin's daughter? Someone make this happen.

Sure. Emma is the Stavros/Lulu embryo sent to the past (using the Cassadine time travel machine created by Valentin) to be implanted in Robin back in 2008. Boom. Done.

• Love 2

I like the idea of a child from the past here as a robot and a Jason/Robin kid. In the ultimate ReRon, perhaps Lulu's abortion survived and it's Emma. I still say Liz (eh the bus is already revved) switched the kid because dammit Jason love! Robin is trying to escape her captors, but they're dangling the Jason/Robin child in her face. Also, since Emma is actually a zombie robot, it explains why Robin keeps getting kidnapped, as she's programmed to report such things. Little do we all know that Ric has a massive panic room where everyone is being held.

Speaking of Dallas-style resets, I've decided all or most of the last 3 years should turn out to be some horrible nightmare Robert is having and can't seem to wake up from.  

It totally makes sense:  Robin constantly and horribly victimized, Anna losing her intelligence and now her sanity, Duke coming back and turning into the stupid loser Robert always suspected he was, Luke a crazy, sad old man, Port Charles over-run with gleefully un-punished criminals and crazies ....

So, as infuriating as all of this is, just know that all of this mess is not really happening ... and somewhere on real GH, Anna (or Holly, if you're a Holly / Robert fan) is furiously poking Robert in the shoulder to wake him up.  ;)

• Love 5
(edited)

I like WdV but sometimes I wish this role was being played by Vincent Irizarry.  I know soap SORASING gets ridiculous but in the scenes with Lucas, Sam and Julian - they looked so much like contemporaries that it was jarring hearing Sam call Julian dad.

VI is actually in the same age range as FH and IB and I think would play better against FH as an old enemy. I was actually much more interested in Anna/Duke/Julian than Julian/Sonny Plus, VI is better at intelligent and menacing - he looks like he spends less time looking in the mirror and more time plotting the downfall of his enemies.
Matter of fact, I wish Ava/Julian had been full siblings with VI as older half-brother Julian because I do like the chem of WdV/NLG but I hate their story

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

I wish ABC would do a GH episode of "Celebrity Family Feud" with The Jeromes vs. The Quartermaines. We could have Julian, Ava, Lucas, Sam, and Kiki facing off against Monica, Michael, Tracy, Dillon, and Alice. The Q's would clean their clocks!

Once its revealed that Jake is Jason, Scotty gets on camera (national hopefully) and tells everyone he believes that the boat bombing was a elaborate plan set up by Jason, Luke and Sonny to get portray Sonny as a self sacrificing hero in order to get a reduced sentence.

• Love 4

We find out that Matt Hunter was released soon after going to jail and Patrick never bringing it up.

or

If Matt is still in jail or just released (if it is the full five years), have Robin find out that Matt went down for killing Lisa and finding out that Patrick did jack shit about it and have that end the marriage. I think Robin has a fairly developed of justice, and seeing as the Patrick was the reason that Lisa targeted all of them and he is his brother, Patrick had a duty to get Matt free from that bullshit sentence. I always thought that Robin was too quick forgiving Patrick for sleeping with Lisa.

• Love 1

Robin basically forgave Patrick the.day.after he told her about the one night stand. My girl was waaaaay too forgiving with his shit.

Patrick letting his brother rot in jail over Lisa is another reason why I can't stand his ass.

• Love 2

For Monica to procure the recording of AJ being killed by Sonny, have it played at Sonny wedding Carly, then tells Ava she owns her ass.

I like this.... but....since this is the wishlist thread.....

I'd have the tape disappear suddenly. Carly and Sonny start getting strange gifts leading up to the wedding. Obviously it's someone who knows them. Dumb Sabrina notices Monica has a new friend. She convinces Michael it's a new boyfriend. Michael recieves gifts. Info about the Cassadines appears strangely to Tracy. As Carly/Sonny deal with Morgan, they don't notice their corporate holdings being bought out. Same thing happens with Julian, except his are in Michael's name. Michael didn't buy them. Now, at Sonny/Carly's wedding, everyone attends. Ava's confession is played..... by a not dead AJ. But hold up. Not only is Ava getting arrested for killing Connie, but AJ is pressing charges against Sonny for attempted murder and Carly for accessory after the fact.

• Love 3

Honestly if I could have 1 thing, I just want this Jakeson thing over. Let's get to the reveal & fallout already. Let him have both Q and Morgan memories. Let Nik & Liez take their lumps & move on. Let Jiz be over for good. If they can do that in the next couple weeks, I would start watching again.

• Love 2