Type keyword(s) to search

Wishlist: Hoping for a Cure (Or Not)

• Start Topic

For Lulu, I'll swap Emme Rylan for Y&R's Elizabeth Hendrickson. The hair color is different, but I think she can play the fun and spunky side of Lulu balanced with the caring and loving side with Dante

She might be okay, but I watched her on All My Children and I don't remember her being particularly great, although I remember people liked her first character. I only saw her second. And isn't she a year older than Emme? Emme is already a mite too old for the role. Yeah, I just checked, and yeah, she is.

I would definitely love for Scott to come back but I'm under the impression he has it good at B&B. But I was actually thinking that if

they wanted to have a guy interfere with Lante I would have preferred a (recast) Dillon over Johnny, and plus you'd have the advantage of giving Tracy something to be concerned about besides Luke.

• Love 1

Didn't RC and FV fuck Scott Clifton over when he was working on OLTL? He asked if his character had a future on the show, they said they he did so he bought an apartment in NYC, but they were just protecting their precious spoilers and he was written out the next week or month? If I had a good gig on a more stable show, I wouldn't go and work for people that treated me poorly. Burning bridges works both ways. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Yes, when Scott Clifton saw his character Schuyler was going to jail on OLTL, he asked the producers if that meant they were writing him off the show and they were all, "No, of course not, get serious!".  And then after he'd filmed his last scenes, they told him he was in fact fired.  So yeah, between that and his very stable gig at B&B, I can't see him coming back.

I do think Dillon is definitely a character worth investing in (as long as they, ew, don't try and cast John Paul Lavoiser).

• Love 4

FV did his old bullshit routine on Scott Clifton, he's done it with a number of folks in similar spots. And yeah, Scott is well ensconced at B&B. It's because of that lucrative gig that I think there is zero chance he's coming back. The Frank hustle is unfortunately part of doing business in soaps for most of these people.

Liz Hendrickson is wildly overrated at this point and a chemistry black hole now, IMO. I do think a NuDillon would be a much more viable spoiler for Lulu and Dante, though.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4

I think it's definitely important to get that generation of Quartermaines - Dillon, Brook Lynn, Maya - built up because the window of opportunity is closing.  The next generation of Q's just can't be Jason and Michael's offspring.

I liked Liz Hendrickson well enough on AMC, but I can't picture her as Lulu, like, at all.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I would love to see a new Dillon and Brook Lynn provided they have specific, unique characters and specific purposes, which they didn't really have for much of their past tenures (Dillon pretty much stopped existing for me when the Georgie romance ended). I'm not expecting that from Ron at this point. Maya I have yet to be convinced on. I would sooner see them bring on Keesha Ward - when Jordan isn't being evil and scheming, she loses most of her rooting value for me.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

Unless Jordan is actually Keesha and they bend over backwards to make TJ actually Jason or AJ's son (AJ makes more sense, as he has gone on and off canvas more than Jason), then they're safe. Shawn is going to be out or recurring. I think Ron might actually go searching for new pets, so I don't think many pets are safe. Former pets, that is. I think if it frees him the space to get him what he wants, he'll drop anyone. My ideas:

- he wants a Lulu recast. If he can get a different, um I guess more charismatic actress he will. He also wants Emmys. The snubs last year pissed him off. I just feel he wants a different Lulu. Age is never important if they can appear younger. Off the top of my head, I thought Elizabeth Hendrickson, but that was like off the top of my head. I'd have to think more. Kim Matula might be great if they could afford her. Can she do wild?

- I think they've realized RP isn't improving like he should. I give him about eh 8 months till he dies to be Emmy bait for the show. Then Dr. O. Nina and Franco will get more time, unless RH asks to be recurring.

- DZ and BC are safe. They're Corinthos kids that have drama Ron can milk and twist.

- Sabrina will die in a blaze of mob gunfire. We rarely see her, yet Micheal name checks her, the fired nurse for the clinic to his uncle dating Brad.

I hope we get better credits.

I think it's definitely important to get that generation of Quartermaines - Dillon, Brook Lynn, Maya - built up because the window of opportunity is closing.  The next generation of Q's just can't be Jason and Michael's offspring.

I liked Liz Hendrickson well enough on AMC, but I can't picture her as Lulu, like, at all.

I def think the Quatermaines nee building back up.Dillion is a defenite and Brooklynn as long as shes not written as horrible as she was last time.Hell for all we know Jimmy Lee Holt could have had a kid or two.I also wouldn't mind bring Tommy Hardy jr on as hes a doctor or studying to one.One of the mistakes this show made is making everyone Sonnys.Look at poor Kristina te only men in her age group are her brothers.

I also would like the mob cut by half at least since I know it will never be given away completly.

I would love some buisness stories ELQ and maybe lucy finally reopens deception and maxie works for her.

ince crimson was turned into a newspaper how about some young ones who are interested in journalism

Characters actually find careers and jobs lol.

Edited by Harmony233
  • Love 2

Look at poor Kristina the only men in her age group are her brothers.

Exactly.  I keep hearing cries for her return, and I'd be for it in the right story, but she's not the answer to the Kiki problem because all the men in that age group are her brothers.  That would mean introducing another new characters alongside her and that doesn't work (i.e. Trey).

Edited by TeeVee329

He [Ron] also wants Emmys. The snubs last year pissed him off.

Yeah? Well, there's a really easy solution to that problem, Ron. Stop sidelining and giving crap writing to your two best performers - MW and FH. Watch Emmy wins roll in. It's not rocket science. There's no need to go casting about for any other big "get" when you already have what you want on canvas. Why he does this is completely and totally beyond me.

• Love 5

- he wants a Lulu recast. If he can get a different, um I guess more charismatic actress he will. He also wants Emmys. The snubs last year pissed him off. I just feel he wants a different Lulu. Age is never important if they can appear younger. Off the top of my head, I thought Elizabeth Hendrickson, but that was like off the top of my head. I'd have to think more. Kim Matula might be great if they could afford her. Can she do wild?

I love your Elizabeth Hendrickson idea, but nooooooooo to Kim Matula!

• Love 1

- DZ and BC are safe. They're Corinthos kids that have drama Ron can milk and twist.

If DZ/Dante is safe, I don't think it has anything to do with his connection to Sonny, he barely interacts with the Corinthii. If they choose to renew his contract it'll probably be because his character is popular and they can trot him out when and point to him when the audience starts complaining that there are no decent people. Also DZ himself is a good actor who I imagine is well liked on the set.

I don't think they want to recast Lulu, or care enough to, unless they got some sort of "get", and there really are no gets that fit Lulu's age and description on the other soaps now. Or unless they could convince Bree Williamson to take the part. And no thanks to that.

Edited by ulkis

At this point I would settle for a throw away line from Anna: "so, I called Robert and we agreed he'd to go check on Robin and he found her in a nice hotel in Paris with some sort of memory loss and no idea how she got there or the last 9 months of her life, but other than that she seems fine and Robert's taking care of her now and getting her a psychiatrist and Emma and Mac and I are sky ping them tonight. She says she feels ambivalent about Patrick, but can't remember why ... perhaps that's for the best right now?"

If she's going to show up only as Jason's memory now I see no idea why my idea can't work, writers!! It's almost February! I'm a fan (an angry, bitter fan, but still)!

Also, Emma's next offscreen sleepover can be in Paris with Robert and Robin. And I'd like a pony and my own weather machine, too.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 9

Nah, I think I'd rather Robin save herself. But yeah, definitely don't want Patrick to be the one to do it.

I'm all for girl power, but Robin deserves SOMEONE at SOME point to question where she is and try to find her. I think Jase is the perfect character for the job for many reasons, but mostly because I think the reveal would be even more delicious that way. He remembers and the first thing he asks is "Where's Robin!?" and then makes everyone feel like crap. And then this would give more stalling time to a JaSam reunion.

I don't want Patrick anywhere near Robin except to drop off her stuff.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2

The show has been frustrating me.So I'm trying to think of what I'd do to fix the show.

* I def think its time for the mob to go kinda like how WR got rid of the adventure stories when she came on.

*There def needs to rebuilding of old classic famalies

*The hospital def needs to come back front and center and characters need jobs.The PCPD needs to be revamped.Deception needs to be relaunched.I also wouldn't mind some Journalists.

*There needs to be a few characters let go.

• Love 2

How I'd fix it:

As Jason starts having his memories return, he gets conflicting memories. He's got AJ's memories as well. Is he AJ, conditioned to "be Jason" by vengeful Cassadines or is it survivor's guilt? Michael, Monica, Sam are confused as the memories arise when he goes to see the Jason Morgan grave and sees AJ's grave. They continue as he learns more about AJ being killed by Sonny and Carly's role in it. He starts to blame himself for all the pain caused to his family, friends, and loved ones. Micheal is confused because on the one hand he has AJ back and on the other he has Jason.

Stephen Lars and Matt Hunter get out of prison and return to practice medicine. Recasts, whatever. Lucky is recast. We learn Jake isn't dead, but where is he?

Dr. O leaves. Silas becomes CoS. ME becomes recurring. Crimson makes a comeback.

• Love 1

How I'd fix it:

As Jason starts having his memories return, he gets conflicting memories. He's got AJ's memories as well. Is he AJ, conditioned to "be Jason" by vengeful Cassadines or is it survivor's guilt? Michael, Monica, Sam are confused as the memories arise when he goes to see the Jason Morgan grave and sees AJ's grave. They continue as he learns more about AJ being killed by Sonny and Carly's role in it. He starts to blame himself for all the pain caused to his family, friends, and loved ones. Micheal is confused because on the one hand he has AJ back and on the other he has Jason.

Stephen Lars and Matt Hunter get out of prison and return to practice medicine. Recasts, whatever. Lucky is recast. We learn Jake isn't dead, but where is he?

Dr. O leaves. Silas becomes CoS. ME becomes recurring. Crimson makes a comeback.

Um, your wish list is invalid because it doesn't include Patrick falling into the ocean and being attacked by Left Shark. Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

I thought that was understood. I apologize.

Patrick goes to a party at the Haunted Star. During a huge storm, he falls into the water and gets eaten by Special Guest Star: Left Shark. Emma no longer has sleepovers. She can stay at her house with her mom. We just never see it.

• Love 2

I don't know why but this story idea keeps popping into my head lol.

Recast Jeff Webber.Dr.O is thrown off the premisis.Jeff comes to town and decides to go for COS postion and him and monica compete aganist each other and maybe old parks regnite?

Jeff and his daughter Liz have a complicated realtionship too.Liz feels resentful of her father and feels like he never loved her maybe this can go with her whole ridclous never being able to choose a man and stick with it for long lol.

Please have Liz pick a realtionship with one man and stick with it for awhile.

Don't know why but this story came to me and I'm not even a Liz fan either lol.

other hospital members

soras Tommy Hardy Jr.

maybe recast SLW?

• Love 1

I'd sign a petition to get Carlivati and Valentini out, but they seem like soap mafia.  I wonder how powerful they are in the world of ABC daytime.   Carlivati just wants to write Starsky & Hutch plus Emergency!  I don't want to need Cliff Notes to watch a soap opera.  True, I FF through the entire show these days, but still.   There was a time you could turn on any soap (daytime and night time) and get the plots in two episodes.  When Jack Wagner (Frisco) went over to B&B, I followed.  Not a difficult show to get because it's about 8 minutes long.  When Tristan Rogers went over to Y&R , I went too, and then Genie joined.  Robert Scorpio kissing Laura was beyond goodness for me.  

I didn't watch One Life to Live.  Is this how how the show went? Convoluted and overly connected characters?

I want Laura to come back, her and Luke have a sweet but short reunion, he dies (not by violence), and then Luke's death starts off a bunch of story for Laura, her family, and the rest of P.C.

I think you could give Luke the Kimberly McCullough treatment much more easily than what they do to Robin. But in the case of Luke, say he is off a) receiving treatment for some illness and/or b) adventuring around the world. He and Laura get back together and marry, and then he has to go. Pending visits and short-term stories. I think that'd be easier for TG too, and perhaps the material he gets in those visits would be more choice. Laura can hold down the fort back in PC (and I would want their fucking house back).

If this were a primetime show, I'd agree, but it's a soap, which keeps going, and Luke is relatively old, he's not in great shape, death is a natural part of life blah blah philosophy. I don't trust them at this point to resist giving Luke more material or to once again have Laura's character humiliated and or demeaned or condescended to by Luke if she and Luke were to get back together without his passing, so I'd rather just have the bittersweet reunion between him and Laura.

I feel you, and I agree that's a concern. I just would rather keep him going (even in absentia) as long as they can. They had Adam Chandler constantly away on Chandler Enterprises business on AMC 2.0 in 2013 because David Canary was unwilling (and at times, sadly, appeared unable) to commit to full time and only made a handful of appearances - instead, they had Julia Barr's Brooke, his longtime love, running things back home and tangling with his kids, being tempted away by Dimitri Marick. They were clearly going to need to find a long-term solution for their Adam problem had they continued, but in the meantime they had it semi-handled.

Luke is different - you can always say he is off adventuring, or that he really is ill and is recuperating off on an island with Scorpio or something, drinking mai tais. Use him when he is able, in controlled doses, and when TG passes or wants to retire for good, kill Luke off. But I think having Luke and Laura as part of the firmament together, even if he is largely offscreen, is good for GH. Also, I frankly think it would satisfy Tony's nihilistic second adolescence too much to have Luke die right when he reunited with Laura.

And since this is the wishlist topic, I'll also say this: I wish Rebecca Budig was Dr. Sarah Webber, and I wish they'd bring Debbi Morgan on as Dr. Ellen Burgess, her tough as nails character from PC. She can unseat Obrecht. Why not?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2

My wish is to put the hospital back into large fucking focus. I am sitting here re-watching some clips from 2009 sweeps period during Robin's PPD, as well as some 2010 clips from the cheating story line. YMMV on these particular stories, but it was nice how much the hospital was shown, and how many doctors and nurses there were around that were main cast members. Even 2012, and early-mid 2013 had a much larger hospital focus with the Britt, Patrick, Sabrina, Obretch, Felix, and Brad story line. I just miss shit happening in the hospital. I'd much rather watch Liz precepting a new student nurse than her chase after another man.

If this show has to have all of these villains, can they poison a drug cart or something? Mess with syringes, spread another monkey virus? Plan a takeover of the hospital? It is a business after all. How come this show never did an Ebola story line when Ebola was hot shit this past summer? UGH.

Edited by BinkyMimo88

My wish is to put the hospital back into large fucking focus. I am sitting here re-watching some clips from 2009 sweeps period during Robin's PPD, as well as some 2010 clips from the cheating story line. YMMV on these particular stories, but it was nice how much the hospital was shown, and how many doctors and nurses there were around that were main cast members. Even 2012, and early-mid 2013 had a much larger hospital focus with the Britt, Patrick, Sabrina, Obretch, Felix, and Brad story line. I just miss shit happening in the hospital. I'd much rather watch Liz precepting a new student nurse than her chase after another man.

If this show has to have all of these villains, can they poison a drug cart or something? Mess with syringes, spread another monkey virus? Plan a takeover of the hospital? It is a business after all. How come this show never did an Ebola story line when Ebola was hot shit this past summer? UGH.

Speaking for myself, I would have not wanted to see an Ebola story on this show for many, many reasons. So many. More reasons than grains of sand in the desert, and stars in the sky. 

An Ebola story would have been Sonny saves the town from Ebola, therefore all are glad AJ is dead because AJ and his fat brought Ebola to town. The doctors would be useless. Sonny would be all "I have the cure!" Carly would go "You are the cure! " Then every viewer would suffer mass vomitting and diarrhea.

• Love 3

I don't think you have to use Ebola per se, but there should be many, many more viral outbreak disaster stories on this show.

"It all started because Carlos Rivera and Johnny Zacchara hadn't showered for 6 months . . . "

Jason can get his memories back, be properly horrified by them, and renounce Jason Morgan in favor of being Jason Quartermaine again and rebuilding his life.

I think I want this more than anything else on this show. My hope, for Billy Miller's Jason is that when he gets his memory back, he gets ALL of his memories back, even though prior to the accident. I want him to be properly horrified that Sonny killed his brother -- Michael's father. I want him to be disgusted at his "Stone Cold" (sorry, I'm just readying myself for Spinelli's return) persona, who help steal his own brother's son. I want him to have a great relationship with Michael and Monica and actively work against Sonny. Maybe I even want Jason to end up being a cop -- one bent on taking down Sonny and his filthy empire.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3

I wish Franco, Nina, Silas, and Kiki would all leave town and never return (same goes for any future or current "gets" from the soap world coming in when our cast already passed the million mark).

• Love 6

I'd keep Billy Miller. He sparkles. They just won't get him out of bed. I'd make him Jason Quartermaine. I'd also get one more soap "get" or aim for just a good actor and recast AJ. If you can't get SK, I'd get a great actor. But that wouldn't be till down the road. I'd cut the cast. Kiki, I may keep but only because the new one seems harmless and cheap. I'd send Molly off to college somewhere in NYC with Ric. (They can't use the character nor actor properly.) TJ would be revealed as a secret Quartermaine, but is he AJ's son or Jason's? Jordan adopted him from her friend, Keesha. Sean leaves the canvas as a casualty in the mob. Carlos goes to prison. Kiki, TJ, Morgan go to college and get jobs. When you don't see them, it's because they're at school or working. Spinelli gets a day job to supplement his PI income as a professor at the college. Same thing with him. Sloane goes to prison. Or dies. Anna gets her job back. I don't care how. Duke dies. It's very touching. Like a mob war takes people out. All the kids go to boarding school. Milo goes to modeling school. We lose a lot of extra characters. Monica becomes CoS. Dr. O takes a bullet for Nathan during the mob war. Nathan gets depressed and he and Nina move to Long Island. Franco goes with them, they eat taffy. Silas stays because we need doctors. Stephen Lars gets released. So does Matt Hunter. Good actors play them. The hair department can do hair. Felix dies in the mob war. Lucas and Brad adopt Olivia and Julian's baby, but think it's Ned and Olivias.

• Love 1
(edited)

Weirdly enough, Grayson McCouch could have been a decent Steven Lars. And if Steven Lars isn't "flashy enough" thats on RC and Guza. I think that there is a ton to mine from a man that has to battle Heather's dark side, but wants to honor Steven Hardy's legacy. But RC can't write a nuanced character like that and Guza wouldn't, it was all mobsters with hearts of gold, not doctors with some darkness.

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I'm feeling all nostalgic and shit for Guiding Light & ATWT right now so I'll throw out some of those names. Not sure how the ages would stack up though since I'm a newer viewer so I'll leave it up to you fine folks to say yea or nay.

Jesse Lee Soffer

Tom Pelphrey

Daniel Cosgrove

Jeff Branson

Scott Bailey

Frank Grillo

Peter Hermann

• Love 2

I'm feeling all nostalgic and shit for Guiding Light & ATWT right now so I'll throw out some of those names. Not sure how the ages would stack up though since I'm a newer viewer so I'll leave it up to you fine folks to say yea or nay.

Jesse Lee Soffer

Tom Pelphrey

Daniel Cosgrove

Jeff Branson

Scott Bailey

Frank Grillo

Peter Hermann

Isn't the last name Mariska Hargitay's husband?

Obviously he's over on Days at the moment, but I did really like Daniel Cosgrove as Scott Chandler (and with Stephanie Gatschet's Madison) the last year of ABC AMC.

Hey, while we're playing around, Stephanie Gatschet could make a good Sarah Webber.

• Love 1