Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Why Can't We Just Get Along / S05.E12: Playing For Keeps

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

[Maci] still so high school, I feel like she broke up with Kyle because people thought he was funny looking.  But here she is with the leprechaun. She gets really aggressive with Ryan when he's with another girl. And then when they break up, she goes back to tolerating him.

The reason they broke up is because Maci caught him chatting up with other girls on the internet. Girls she says he was involved with before her. Maci and Kyle both admitted if it weren't for Bentley, they wouldn't have been a couple. A couple of what, I don't know. LOL Here is the story:

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/09/12/teen-mom-reunion-finale-kyle-king-cheat-maci-bookout-dr-drew/

Catelynn says she trusts her man and people need to stop "trippin'" on Tyler going to a strip club:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teen-moms-catelynn-lowell-reacts-to-tyler-baltierras-strip-club-scene-w161055

Maci should have enough money to hire a nanny to watch Jayde while she works. What about her parents?

Maybe they both work? After all, Maci's mom did graduate with a degree when she was a young mother and she likely has a career. She ain't got time to babysit. Hell naw. Woman has a life! lol 

Hey, leave us borderliners out of this. That bitch is BEYOND!

LMAO  Damn straight. There is no borderline with Farrah. It is beyond the scope of what is considered borderline personality disorder. Bitch is straight up insane. 

• Love 4

Catelynn says she trusts her man and people need to stop "trippin'" on Tyler going to a strip club:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/teen-moms-catelynn-lowell-reacts-to-tyler-baltierras-strip-club-scene-w161055

She's blaming "editing" for that one?  Hm. Maybe, and I do realize they (producers, editors) go overboard sometimes but to me it was pretty obvious she wasn't okay with the strip club. I agree with her points on TRUST though.

• Love 1

I just watched the second half of this mess and I don't understand why Debra doesn't tell Farrah to go fuck herself. She acts as if watching her demon spawn for a month is some sort of a privilege and Debra should be honored to be her slave.

Anyway, I hate Amber almost as much as Farrah. That nasty bitch should be thanking Kristina for taking care of her kid instead of talking shit about how she could do it better. Yeah Amber, your such a wonderful mother that your kid doesn't even want to see you. I don't believe that Amber and Matt are clean either. Sitting around all day, doing nothing is a lot more fun when you're buzzed.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 11

So glad this show is back but these girls are definitely not as entertaining as the TM2 group.  Maci-I don't really like her, I think she acts like she never does anything wrong and her hippie boyfriend just encourages it.  However I do believe that much of the Ryan stuff is for the show.  I don't think she would have invited him on the mud run or be talking about him this much if the cameras weren't there; she is boring and they need something for her to do and bitching about Ryan is it.  As disinterested as Ryan seems to be in parenting it appears Bentley is a well adjusted kid and has great grandparents in Larry and Jen if nothing else.  Caitlyn and Tyler-also boring and looking for topics to keep them entertaining on screen.  Just glad they have Butch and Nova to focus on so they aren't obsessing over Carly.  Amber-I semi-liked her last season (or was it the previous season, I can't keep track) because it seemed she was trying to get her life together after prison and just wanted to take care of her daughter but she is going back to old Amber and quick.  I think the only reason she hasn't gone off on Gary is because Matt seems to keep her calm (as creepy as he is) and Gary appears to not be instigating her (at least for now).  Not sure what to make of the Leah not wanting to hang out with her mom.  I agree that it's odd she just now doesn't want to hang out at Amber's because Amber doesn't do anything because Amber has never done anything besides sit on the couch that we can see.  It definitely could be because Gary is shit talking Amber and Leah hears it or maybe Matt has something to do with it (I hope not) but it's probably because of the new baby and wanting to be with "the family".  When my nephew's dad got a girlfriend and moved her and her kids into the house my nephew wanted to be at his house more because that's where "the family" was and his mom's house was boring (she lived alone at the time and has always been a great mom).  Once his mom married and gave him a sibling he was fine going there.  I am absolutely not advocating for Amber and Matt to have a child though, yikes!!  Farrah-what hasn't been said?  She is a total bitch and deserves to be slapped more than a few times but I do like to hate watch her.  This show would 10 x more boring without her and I think I like coming to the boards after the show airs and seeing what you all are saying about Farrah even more than watching her craziness on tv.  That being said I think the fact that MTV feels they need her to keep the entertainment flowing just feeds the beast and totally agree with everyone MTV should have left after she screamed at the producers the first time and never looked back.  Just like Janelle she is basically getting rewarded for horrendous behavior and it's not going to end as long as the checks are cashing.  I also think the only reason Farrah hasn't had her ass kicked is because of the fact she would most definitely play the victim and sue the crap out of the person for daring to mess up her body she has spent so much money on.  The satisfaction of getting a good smack in seems worth the risk to me though and I am not even a violent person, I just despise Farrah so much.  The way she talked to her mom in the restaurant, if I were Debra I would have told her to find someone else to watch her demon spawn and walked out.  No amount of money or facelifts is worth that verbal abuse.  And lastly I am not sorry to say Sophia is a scary site.  She is not a cute kid at all and it's much worse because her hair is never combed and she acts like a brat.  She really looks like a feral child you would find living in the woods, raised by wolves or some other wild animals.  It's interesting that Farrah doesn't see her as an accessory and dresses her to the nines like she does herself.  It doesn't make much sense that she spoils the crap out of her but lets her look like she's homeless, but it must be because she doesn't want the attention off herself for one moment, wouldn't want her daughter to outshine her!

• Love 9

No matter what Farrah may threaten, she'll never take Sophia away from Debra and Michael. Who else would watch that demon for an entire month and be brought to tears over laundry soap? I would bet my bank account that the only time Farrah really spends time with Sophia is when the cameras are around. I think it's Debra and wimpy Michael who are actually raising her.

• Love 7

And who in the hell takes their six week old daughter to daycare when they don't have to!! You can't tell me they both work at the same time but both were able to be there for Bentley's first day of school. Maci should have enough money to hire a nanny to watch Jayde while she works. What about her parents? Not to knock people who put their kids in daycare (I do it every day so I can work) but if someone has the means I can't imagine sending such a young infant to daycare.

MTV always has wonky timelines. Jayde may have been six weeks in the beginning of the episode but she was 3 months by the time the mud run and Bentley's first day of school came around. I feel like I'm missing something because I don't see what's unbelievable about their scheduling. Elementary schools usually start their day around 7, 7:30 am which makes it plenty possible to drop a kid off and then continue on your way to work if your job is relatively close and you don't have to be there until 9. I'm pretty sure Maci's parents had her young too, so they're probably still working nstead of retired and some people also simply prefer daycare to a nanny, regardless of cost. My best friend considered it for a while because it's much more affordable where she lives, but she wasn't comfortable having a stranger in her house (even with a nanny cam) or sending her kids to someone else's house. She found a daycare that runs background checks, always pairs senior and junior caregivers together and lets you check in on the kids via streaming webcam.

• Love 3

I bet that Sophia will start maturing a lot earlier than her peers, and not in a good way. I bet Farrah will be giving her 'the talk' way sooner than needed and will be sure she swallows her birth control pill every morning with breakfast. It is not going to be good.

• Love 6

My husband walked in on my watching the last five minutes of the second episode - Farrah reaming her mother out while asking her a huge favor - and pronounced this "the worst thing on television."

My 16 year old daughter has caught bits and pieces of the show over the years but she sat down and watched this episode with me yesterday. She was slack-jawed over Farrah and could not imagine ever treating her parents that way. (Thank you, God!) She said she thought it would be bad but it was much worse than she imagined. (And she said "I think I got $3 from the tooth fairy and that was a lot.")

Something is very, very wrong with Farrah. And she's been mostly that way since her 16 & Pregnant episode so I don't think it is entirely due to her infamy though I think her celebrity and supposed money has added to it. She is just off. Her sort of emotionless staccato delivery....it's like she does not connect emotionally with anyone besides Sophia and, even then, her interactions with her are more often this way. And Sophia's conversations with her seem the same to me. It is like she always talks AT people instead of WITH them.

Edited by lilmarysunshine
  • Love 8

Agree lilmarysunshine- something is vey wrong with Farrah. How on earth can anyone be happy when she is such a raving bitch? I know we all throw around the word narcissist, but I think she is depressed. Would love to see her see a good therapist for a long time.

• Love 5

Finally saw the episodes, although I've been reading all week. I knew about Butch's hair, but WOW! I was still impressed. The way he clutched Nick so tightly made me tear up. Tyler and his sister have really matured in how they handle Butch. Stopping Butch from saying he wanted to focus on being a Dad, by saying he missed that time, it's now time to be a good Grandfather was poignant.

My theory on Leah not wanting to stay at Amber's was maybe something to do with the cameras. Even though she is familiar with then and the crew, it would be intimidating. Maybe she just panicked and wanted an out when she saw the crew. Not having a set schedule is like saying, "pick your favorite parent" and really sucks.

• Love 2

I just watched the second half of this mess and I don't understand why Debra doesn't tell Farrah to go fuck herself. She acts as if watching her demon spawn for a month is some sort of a privilege and Debra should be honored to be her slave.

According to Farrah (and nobody else), "To be clear my mom doesn't help me I help her. I love & care for my mom."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/nicki-minaj-sparks-twitter-feud-farrah-abraham-article-1.2491684

• Love 1
No matter what Farrah may threaten, she'll never take Sophia away from Debra and Michael. Who else would watch that demon for an entire month and be brought to tears over laundry soap? I would bet my bank account that the only time Farrah really spends time with Sophia is when the cameras are around. I think it's Debra and wimpy Michael who are actually raising her.

I don't think she'll ever 100% cut off contact either. I don't think that's ever her intention. I think she intentionally says that shit so she can have power over her parents. She's one nasty person. 

I bet that Sophia will start maturing a lot earlier than her peers, and not in a good way. I bet Farrah will be giving her 'the talk' way sooner than needed and will be sure she swallows her birth control pill every morning with breakfast. It is not going to be good.

I would 100% back you up on that bet. She is already exposing her daughter to all the creeps out there, by giving her her own social media accounts. It's almost like she's pimping her out. It's gross. 

My theory on Leah not wanting to stay at Amber's was maybe something to do with the cameras. Even though she is familiar with then and the crew, it would be intimidating. Maybe she just panicked and wanted an out when she saw the crew. Not having a set schedule is like saying, "pick your favorite parent" and really sucks.

I hadn't thought of that before. I think there are several things going on with Leah, the instability and not having an actual schedule being a big one. But the cameras may very well be a part of it. I bet a lot of the kids tired of those things, and having so many crew members packed into their homes. 

• Love 2

So it appears that Maci has a job, but doing what? Catelynn, Tyler, and Amber appear to do nothing at all, which conflicts with their constant bragging about how far they've come since 16 and Pregnant. Farrah appears to be cultivating a career as a reality fame whore, but at least she's not constantly sitting down. I feel bad about Catelynn and the weight issue, but she has one baby and no job. She could put that kid in a stroller and walk around the block a few times. Like Amber, she appears to be constantly sitting in one spot, babbling about nothing.

I do love the cars these girls are driving. And the houses they're living in. I can't wait for the Where Are They Now in 10 to 15 years. 4 single moms, not one college degree. Not even an associates. They do more to prove the teen mom stereotype than they do to combat it.

• Love 5

I have to bring up the topic of Butch's long, curly mane of hair once again to let y'all know about a term I learned recently that would apply, its called "prison hair." Apparently when doing a long stretch in prison without access to heat styling tools, hair dyes and other damaging products many inmates leave with their hair longer and in much better condition than going in.

"Jail hair," however, is a completely different term and seemed to indicate roots grown out past the acceptable length or the lack of a proper cut. Conditions more common to those doing a short period of time in incarceration.

• Love 8

So it appears that Maci has a job, but doing what

Social media consultant, I think. Pretty sure her job just involves monitoring the company's facebook and twitter pages. It's probably a vanity job- the company piggybacks off her popularity, she has something to put on her resume and accept accolades about her job.

• Love 3

This is April we're talking about.  I seriously doubt Nick's dad is any better than Butch.

I thought Nick's dad IS Butch. Right? April was pregnant with Nick or had just had him during 16 and pregnant when she was married to Butch (not that that automatically means anything paternity-wise) but I remember Tyler and Cate both talking about him being their brother. I actually made a comment the other day to my friend who also watches that I noticed that they always chyron Nick as Catelynn's brother since switching back and forth between that and Tyler's brother would be confusing and weird. 

• Love 2

First of all, I thought I was crazy that I thought Addie and Novalee looked alike, but at the same time I have never thought Addie was a particularly cute baby, but I do think Novalee is cute (in some pictures I've seen) so that's kinda weird that I think thy look alike but I find one cuter.

I think they're both creepy looking children, but just my opinion. I don't know what it is, but they both throw me off.

It will be very interesting to see where these kids are when they are 16/18 or so. I have a feeling that (not counting Carly), Bentley will be the most well adjusted. Am I wrong or is he the only kid out of all the Teen Mom franchises to have stability on both sides of his family tree? Ryan may be aloof, but he's not terrible. Farrah's family is crazy and Dereks is non-existent in Sophia's life. Had Carly not been adopted, who knows how her life would be, but except for Tyler's mom, theres not much good going on there (And even then, Tyler's Mom seems to be enabling the 'Carly is our daughter' thing). Then Leah's family is batshit. Jenelle's is terrible. Kailyn's is uninvolved. (Although for Leah and Kailyn, at least the fathers are fine.) And five minutes of thinking later, I remember that Chelsea exists and that her family is fine, but I judge Adam's parents for letting him drive Aubree around.

• Love 6

I always assumed Nick was Butch's as well, but I don't know what I was basing that on. I could very well be wrong. 

As for Maci, I believe it's already been mentioned that she works at Check Into Cash. 

• Love 1

I had to look back, I was thinking maybe I hadn't really seen as many pictures of Nova vs Addie, so I looked at Catelynn's Instagram... I don't really think they look so much alike, they do look simila but not as much as I initially thought. I think for me the difference is that Addie seems to have quickly lost a lot of her baby fat (I am not saying that as an indication of abuse or anything, just a simple observation) while Nova is younger and still has some of the chub which softens her features a little bit more. It's just a theory though.

I'm pretty sure on the first season of TM, we see April going to pick up Nick and we hear Catelynn's voiceover say something like "my brother Nick is coming to live with us."

I'm 99.9% positive he's April's (bio) son only.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 2

I feel bad about Catelynn and the weight issue, but she has one baby and no job. She could put that kid in a stroller and walk around the block a few times. Like Amber, she appears to be constantly sitting in one spot, babbling about nothing.

Plus she's in her early 20s. Even if her metabolism's not great, it is not going to get any better!  She's still young enough that she should be able to bounce back a little from the baby weight.

• Love 1

Yes, I think Nick is April's son from someone else- not Butch or Caits dad. I feel like there might be more going on with Cait and the weight issue, I try to never to comment on people and weight. It never sits well with me to discuss it. 

• Love 3

Butch isn't his dad, they made that pretty clear in earlier seasons. Plus I don't see how a Mexican man and somebody with April's coloring would make a kid with such light blonde hair.

Butch has said more than once that Nick isn't his biological son but is his son in every other way.

• Love 3

Is Farrah serious??? She blames her bad reputation and getting told she's not welcomed at the White Party on Teen Mom???

Debra dared to lightly suggest it may be because of the sex tape, and that she-beast rips her a new butthole. The producer apologizes to her for upsetting her when she also pussy footed around the actual reason she's banned from the party. Why do they kiss her ass?

She had the nerve to basically say the other TM girls are trashy and she knows how to conduct herself...her delusion is mind blowing.

That delusion is also responsible for her thinking her fake ass looks good, I cringed seeing her in those shorts at the photo shoot.

Yes, she's such a class act...and I love her reasoning "Kim Kardashian has a sex tape too", I guess Kim is the class meter for Farrah.

• Love 3

Is Farrah serious??? She blames her bad reputation and getting told she's not welcomed at the White Party on Teen Mom???

Debra dared to lightly suggest it may be because of the sex tape, and that she-beast rips her a new butthole. The producer apologizes to her for upsetting her when she also pussy footed around the actual reason she's banned from the party. Why do they kiss her ass?

She had the nerve to basically say the other TM girls are trashy and she knows how to conduct herself...her delusion is mind blowing.

That delusion is also responsible for her thinking her fake ass looks good, I cringed seeing her in those shorts at the photo shoot.

Yes, she's such a class act...and I love her reasoning "Kim Kardashian has a sex tape too", I guess Kim is the class meter for Farrah.

RIGHT!? I can never understand when anybody's argument is that "Kim Kardashian has a sex tape" or "Paris Hilton had a sex tape" yeah, they did, and I don't find either of them particularly classy either. But to be fair, they also did not deny it was them, (did they, I don't really remember), and they actually were tapes made with boyfriends at the time (whether they were in on them being released idk). I've said it before, but Farrah would be so much better off if she would just admit she did it, was not "tricked" and own it. I wouldn't personally do porn, and I don't watch it, but I really couldn't care less if anybody else does. A majority of the controversy isn't about the actual video, but the fact that she still adamantly denies that it was a porn and claims it was a tape between her and a boyfriend.

• Love 6

I did not like seeing lil Leah Lou filmed waking up in her underwear. Not only is it inappropriate, but she's at an age where kids can be very cruel. She's obviously being recognized by other children from being on this show. I'd hate for some little jerk or adult creep to screenshot that scene of her.

Butch's hair was glorious. If that's what be-bopping does for the follicles, I'm throwing out all this coconut oil.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 9

I did not like seeing lil Leah Lou filmed waking up in her underwear. Not only is it inappropriate, but she's at an age where kids can be very cruel. She's obviously being recognized by other children from being on this show. I'd hate for some little jerk or adult creep to screenshot that scene of her.

You just reminded me of that scene a few years back where Maci stood there as Bentley took a piss out on the front yard. I believe he was naked, too. 

• Love 2

RIGHT!? I can never understand when anybody's argument is that "Kim Kardashian has a sex tape" or "Paris Hilton had a sex tape" yeah, they did, and I don't find either of them particularly classy either. But to be fair, they also did not deny it was them, (did they, I don't really remember), and they actually were tapes made with boyfriends at the time (whether they were in on them being released idk). I've said it before, but Farrah would be so much better off if she would just admit she did it, was not "tricked" and own it. I wouldn't personally do porn, and I don't watch it, but I really couldn't care less if anybody else does. A majority of the controversy isn't about the actual video, but the fact that she still adamantly denies that it was a porn and claims it was a tape between her and a boyfriend.

Yes! She needs to own her crap! Own her bad decisions! How can she blame the other girls for her dumb,ass getting banned from a party? I bet there were all types of D Listers, and people with sordid pasts since The Hamptons is not what it once was, I mean hell if Martha Stewart was a guest you'd have at least one guest who has been to prison. I'm just using Martha as an example because she is a Hamptons girl :)

I'm guessing the standards were not so high for an invite, but yet Miss Farrah still didn't make the cut...they tossed her dented, dimpled, cheap and badly implanted ass out.

Butch's hair was glorious. If that's what be-bopping does for the follicles, I'm throwing out all this coconut oil.

The producers kiss Farrah's ass, and cater to her like she's something special, but have no regard for the safety of the kids...disgusting. Protect those babies!

• Love 2

Well glad that I am not the only one shocked by her little scene, how delusional can she be?! My jaw was hanging down while listening to her and her mother's idiocy! Then she gets Sophia involved by telling her what to say in the shot with just her in it at the end! Why involve her child?

That producer is an idiot! That is the one calling Amber 'Ambi', now she is coddling Farrah?

I did not know about her butt implants, wondered why she was walking like 'Mrs. Wiggens', the secretary in one of the Carol Burnett skits, where she walked just like Farrah walks! I just can't even understand anything she comes out with! Yep, Farrah & Debra are about as classy as you can be. Laughing stocks, both of them, but really stupid to include Sophia in it.

• Love 3

Well glad that I am not the only one shocked by her little scene, how delusional can she be?! My jaw was hanging down while listening to her and her mother's idiocy! Then she gets Sophia involved by telling her what to say in the shot with just her in it at the end! Why involve her child?

That producer is an idiot! That is the one calling Amber 'Ambi', now she is coddling Farrah?

I did not know about her butt implants, wondered why she was walking like 'Mrs. Wiggens', the secretary in one of the Carol Burnett skits, where she walked just like Farrah walks! I just can't even understand anything she comes out with! Yep, Farrah & Debra are about as classy as you can be. Laughing stocks, both of them, but really stupid to include Sophia in it.

OMG! I am dyiiiiiiing!! All Farrah needs is a typewriter and she'd be Mrs. Wiggens...too funny!

• Love 1

Weren't Michael and Deb described as a conservative Christian couple in the early episodes? Now they are on Farrah's payroll, gee how things change when money is involved.

How can they sleep at night, knowing they are pretty much living off the famewhoring of their daughter, and seeing Sophia being dragged into this dark crazy train wreck.

• Love 3

Texas I was really hoping someone would be old enough to remember Mrs. Wiggens! Farrah walks just like her!

Oh I'm old enough, LOL! I can see the resemblance and it cracks me up, Farrah spent money to end up looking like the butt of many jokes, pun very much intended.

• Love 4

Weren't Michael and Deb described as a conservative Christian couple in the early episodes? Now they are on Farrah's payroll, gee how things change when money is involved.

How can they sleep at night, knowing they are pretty much living off the famewhoring of their daughter, and seeing Sophia being dragged into this dark crazy train wreck.

I mean, I was holding on to the hope that I thought maybe Debra's long flowing weave was a throwback to Jesus' hair... And not a sad attempt to try to look like she is 22. Let's just say I hope the ac never breaks at Farrah's house, Austin can be quite hot in the summers, and I would hate to see all of the plastic surgery that family has start melting due to the heat. (Ps shoutout to centraltexas, I'm from Houston, but I went to school in San Marcos )

• Love 3

The producers kiss Farrah's ass, and cater to her like she's something special, but have no regard for the safety of the kids...disgusting. Protect those babies!

They kiss her ass because it is literally in their faces. No matter how much they try to avoid it, it is there. 

Michael and Deb may be Christian or whatever religion they touted early in the season, but all of the religion in the world won't work for that devil known as Farrah. They do what is necessary to ensure they are in Sophia's life. If not for Sophia, I am not sure if Farrah would even bother with her parents. She needs them as her nannies, after all. 

Farrah walks like she still has a dick in her ass from her porn video. 

• Love 8

I mean, I was holding on to the hope that I thought maybe Debra's long flowing weave was a throwback to Jesus' hair... And not a sad attempt to try to look like she is 22. Let's just say I hope the ac never breaks at Farrah's house, Austin can be quite hot in the summers, and I would hate to see all of the plastic surgery that family has start melting due to the heat. (Ps shoutout to centraltexas, I'm from Houston, but I went to school in San Marcos )

Hi!! I love San Marcos :)

I must say, I don't like Farrah being in Austin that's just too close for comfort, LOL!! She must stick out like a sore diseased thumb, even in a city that embraces it's weirdness she's just too much.

Love how Tyler goes to a strip club after saying Farrah sets a bad example when she does porn. 

The hypocrisy that oozes from Tyler is thick. It's okay to slam females for any sex work that they do, but it is fine to give them money and ask them to perform as long as they are performing for him. 

The way Tyler talks...can't explain it. As I watch him talk, it grates. It is how he sounds, the words, the tone, Something about how he talks is annoying. I wish I could sit with you all as we watch this show and then I could point it out to you. 

• Love 7

I didn't think it was possible for Farrah to be a bigger bitch, but she is.  Debra needs to tell her to fuck off.  If my daughter even THOUGHT of talking to me like that, she wouldn't have lips.

Maci deciding that Bentley doesn't need to spend every weekend with Ryan's parents, is only punishing  his parents and Bentley.  

Leah is playing both Amber and Gary.  Wonder when they'll figure it out.

• Love 3

I want to start out by stating I'm not on Maci's side and I don't think changing the schedule is the right thing to do exactly, but I have always understood her inability to take Ryan's custody time seriously. I doubt Ryan does much in the way of parenting. The situation seems more like the grandparents are the parents and Ryan is an older brother who babysits sometime. I don't think Maci is just being spiteful when she says Ryan would barely notice if Bently was there. I think he would get upset that Maci wanted to change things and that his parents would be upset, but that he had less time with Bently? I doubt it. Maci has her issues and can be a PITA, but it's really hard to take Ryan seriously as a co-parent.

• Love 4

Ryan would only feel grief because Jen and Larry would give him hell if Maci changed the visiting schedule. Originally I though Ryan's detachment was due to Bentley being young and sometimes babies just aren't fun for some men. But like someone upthread stated, Bently is at the perfect age to be Ryan's little buddy.

Every time we visit Ryan's parents house we see a garage full of new toys. Dirt bikes, ATVs, all kinds of shit. Maybe Rayn just doesn't want to share his toys.

• Love 1

I honestly just think Ryan is a spoiled brat. As nice as they are, I think his parents coddled the shit out of Ryan. Watching them all together it seems like there is a long history of his parents stepping in every time Ryan started to struggle with anything and fatherhood is no different. The fact that he still lives at home does not speak highly to me. Not that I have an issue with people remaining in the family home until they die if it's the best arraignment for everyone, but with Ryan I get the feeling he's just too lazy to get his own place. He's what now, 27 or 28? He still lives at home and acts like a teenager about it. I think a big part of it is if he moved out into his own place he would have to take care of Bently. As things are I doubt Ryan even does Bently's laundry. So I kind of get Maci's frustration with the situation. Ryan doesn't have to do shit including taking care of his son, but gets to play at being daddy when it's convienent to him and his parents won't do anything about making Ryan step up so Ryan gets to continue to delude himself into thinking rolling out of bed at 11AM and asking his dad where his mom took Bently for the day is stepping up. I mean of course Maci is as annoying about the whole thing as possible, but I get why she spends a lot of time rolling her eyes at Ryan. Of course, pretty but dumb as a box of rocks (the Jordan Catallano's of the world) isn't my type so YMMV.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 3

Ryan is 28.

I thought he did have his own apartment? Or was he staying at a girlfriend's?

Does he? Then why is Bently always at his grandparents? I thought there was talk of him moving in with a girlfriend one season, but it never happened. I honesty can't picture Ryan ever having Bently for 24 hours straight without his mom and dad there to help him. Maybe if he did get serious with a girlfriend and she took care of Bently.

• Love 1