Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Will Power

• Start Topic

Wow....hadn't heard about that.  Was she?  (and after failing a driving test 3x??....unbelievable!!)

No, Alexia has NOT gotten a DUI. The Only BH kid to do that was Bella and both she and Yolanda  now claim her DUI was caused by LD, which is another lie Yolanda is trying to sell us.

*straps herself in*   

I agree. BUT…..Just what IF Yo thinks it may further her agenda? Just a thought.

*Blast off down to Hell*

That IS the point I was making? LOL Yolanda staged that "will" scene to further her own "agenda", which is camera time and in doing so, she exploited her kids pain/fear just for the show as well as her ill mothers pain/fear.

• Love 11

OMG.  I can't believe that racism has been brought up.  This is ridiculous.  It's about an accent... and a person who Lisar has known for 17 years.  Take a chill pill.  I don't even understand some of the other posts that are 'explaining' how what Lisar say was somehow racist.  Long time?  What?

On Yo's big scene about her will - Yo has gone through enough treatments in the past and now she's talking about dying?  Hm.  Sorry.  Producers to Yo:  Hey Yo, we need some packages.  Oh, how about me talking about my will.  Hm.  The kids wouldn't be handling anything if Yo didn't 'survive' a less than major surgery.  David would as her husband and Mohammad would as the children's father.  And most importantly the actual executor of the estate who is probably Yo's lawyer.   It was all bullshit.  Same goes for a 'living' will and Medical Power of Attorney.  None of that would be given to the kids.  Did the kids know in advance about the topic on top of the hill that Yo managed to get up?  I have doubts.  The whole scene was repulsive for these kids to go through.  And Yo gets all high and mighty about people questioning and talking about her illness?  Hm.  Yo.  You need to think about what you'll do for airtime.

I also wonder who's idea it was for Bella's surgery.  Was it hers, at seventeen or was it her mother's?  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Yo pressured Bella into it.....cause that's what Yo is all about.

• Love 11

I don't think it was wise for Yolanda to scare her kids by showing them her will. She should have an attorney handle these matters & told the kids if anything happens to contact him or her. The kids don't need to be freaked out.

I was upset that they didn't show her famous fridge while Yolanda was in Malibu. On a serious note, I do feel sympathy for her illness. I don't think she is faking it like Brooks from the OC but she needs to try a more conventional treatment for the Lyme disease. I think that the  numerous pills & treatments she is getting are hurting her more than helping her.

We did get a peek of it! I noticed it in the corner of the screen

• Love 3

In my experience with Lyme Disease, there are so many possible symptoms.  Its called the Great Imitator for that reason.  Some get Arthritis, some get nerve damage, some get ALS symptoms, MS symptoms, Lupus symptoms, even Alzheimer's symptoms.  I belong to a couple of Lyme groups on FB and am often shocked when I hear that many are diagnosed with the aforementioned diseases, only to discover that it was Lyme all along.  

For me, it (or they, the spirochetes) attacked my heart, my brain and my nervous system.  I did indeed lose brain function. I had literally absolutely no short term memory.  If you told me a number and to remember it, I'd forget in two seconds.  I didn't read a book for a year (my fave past time).  I couldn't drive and I was constantly confused.  My heart became erratic and I experienced piercing pain.  My brain swelled and scraped against my skull.  (My whole body swelled; but the brain was the worst part).  My Doc explained the swelling was due to cytokenes and inflammation due to the dying spirochetes. They made my body completely toxic.  It was terribly disturbing and really I didn't think that there was hope.  That was 2013 & 2014 and am now happily a functional person again...Yay!.  I still have residual brain fog and headaches.  But that's a walk in the park.  

ETA:  I never lost my longterm memory.  Interestingly longterm and short term memory are stored in different parts of the brain.

Anyway, my point is that there's not one set of symptoms.  Maybe that's part of the problem :( 

Another ETA: Tom Seaver (famous baseball player) was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers; but it was really Lyme.  Once diagnosed and treated, he recovered!

In my experience with Lyme Disease, there are so many possible symptoms.  Its called the Great Imitator for that reason.  Some get Arthritis, some get nerve damage, some get ALS symptoms, MS symptoms, Lupus symptoms, even Alzheimer's symptoms.  I belong to a couple of Lyme groups on FB and am often shocked when I hear that many are diagnosed with the aforementioned diseases, only to discover that it was Lyme all along.  

For me, it (or they, the spirochetes) attacked my heart, my brain and my nervous system.  I did indeed lose brain function. I had literally absolutely no short term memory.  If you told me a number and to remember it, I'd forget in two seconds.  I didn't read a book for a year (my fave past time).  I couldn't drive and I was constantly confused.  My heart became erratic and I experienced piercing pain.  My brain swelled and scraped against my skull.  (My whole body swelled; but the brain was the worst part).  My Doc explained the swelling was due to cytokenes and inflammation due to the dying spirochetes. They made my body completely toxic.  It was terribly disturbing and really I didn't think that there was hope.  That was 2013 & 2014 and am now happily a functional person again...Yay!.  I still have residual brain fog and headaches.  But that's a walk in the park.  

ETA:  I never lost my longterm memory.  Interestingly longterm and short term memory are stored in different parts of the brain.

Anyway, my point is that there's not one set of symptoms.  Maybe that's part of the problem :( 

Another ETA: Tom Seaver (famous baseball player) was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers; but it was really Lyme.  Once diagnosed and treated, he recovered!

Thank you for sharing your experience with Lyme Disease.  At least you can legitimately walk in Yolanda's shoes.

• Love 2

this first encounter between Lisa and Erika was just an older pot meeting a newish kettle. Both showed (and one still does) their boobs in cheap ass venues, both married older men, both look like dolls and talk like little girls. The only differences I saw were 15 years, hair color and a british accent.

I see a lot of differences between Lisa and Erika.   I don't think they are alike at all.

She's just awful - that entire scene was just cringe-worthy and then it led into the will.   I don't doubt that Yolanda is ill, but there is a part of me that thinks she's milking it at least a little.  I'm guessing that when this was filmed, her marriage was pretty much over - because wouldn't you have given the will to your husband, or told him the location?  Or even just quietly give it to your mother or lawyer? Why scare the kids? The whole thing was done for drama,and it's not like she's having open heart surgery anyway.

Yes, awful.  And yes, cringe-worthy.  I'm quite sure Yolanda didn't write her will herself, so actually her attorney would have given a copy to her, rather than the other way around.  There's no way that all of her important papers are not in the possession of her attorney, who likely drew up a whole lot of stuff for her - will, living will, etc.   And of course David would likely know where copies of documents of that type were kept.  Maybe Mohammed too.  It's not as though her children would have had to go on some bizarre scavenger hunt looking for her will, or would have been left totally in the dark regarding her wishes.   All of that drama was completely unnecessary.  That kind of conversation should never take place when someone is in such an emotional state.  And of course that kind of conversation should also never take place when reality show TV cameras are present - most especially when the kids are blindsided, which they clearly were.  Not to mention her poor mother.  They all thought they were there for a fun lunch with a pretty view, dippers, time with Grandma, and a little screen time.  Those happy, smiling faces changed so fast.  I really feel for them.  How awful to have such a self-centered, manipulative mother.

Interesting also, that she never mentioned David in that scene.  She was still pushing the whole "My Love" scenario at that time, so it's odd that she acted as though he didn't even exist.

Yolanda, slap on some foundation and blush, for cryin' out loud.  Your motive is transparent.    

I don't know which was more puzzling.  Anwar not knowing how to butter bread or Gigi asking the question.  Who would even think a teen could not do that?  

I just loved the shade LisaV was throwing at Erica!  She is good.  Very funny.  It is sport to her and I enjoy watching her do this immensely. 

Yes to all of this!   We have heard so many people comment about how difficult those stairs are, and yet there she was - climbing up with no difficulty.  Yet she doesn't have the energy to sit in a chair and run a makeup brush over her face.

Yo, we are not stupid!  We hear what you say, but we see what you do.

I agree re Lisa.  It IS sport to her, and she IS good at it.   Flaws and all, I really like Lisa, and I enjoy seeing that side of her.

I am sorry I know plenty of people with chronic illnesses that "don't look sick", but they don't rewrite their history, their present and exaggerate either.  I don't think anyone is basing whether or not Yolanda is sick on her physical appearanceWords and behavior do it for me.  One can believe someone is ill be it somatic in nature or purely physical and not buy into the story that is Yolanda.  Yolanda places way too much import on her looks.  

Words and behavior do it for me too.  You''re right - Yolanda is always so focused on looks that she thinks public opinion will rise or fall based on that, and it's just not true.  I think most people know that you can be sick and look well, and vice versa.  And most people know that if a woman who always wears concealer, blush,  and foundation suddenly stops, people will see flaws and changes in skin color, etc.  She knows that damn well.  That's why she stopped wearing makeup on camera.  It's part of the role she's playing - Sick, Brave Yolanda.  What she will never understand is that it's what we hear her say and what we see her do that makes so many doubt her.  She could look ten times worse, and I still would think that she's manipulative and deceitful.  And I would still think that she's greatly exaggerating and milking whatever issues actually exist.  For me, it has never been about how "well" or "unwell" she looks.  It's about all the other bullshit.  

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 19

I understand your point, but I would say Lisa's girls' snotty behavior and Kyle's girls' melodrama isn't nearly as bad as Bella's DUI. YMMV, of course. I actually think Kyle's kids are pretty good.

I'm with you, DUI is most def worse than dramatic ear piercing. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 12

And when Yo read us the names, she used a nickname for Gigi. something like, Gee Gee. She didn't make cutesty names for the other 2.

and the racist part is....."long time"? Please. I heard it and thought it was funny. I say things a million times worse to my black friends and they do the same to me. This world is getting way too PC.

I think the difference is, they are your friends and she works for Rinna. PC has it's place, no matter what some might think. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 8

OMG.  I can't believe that racism has been brought up.  This is ridiculous.  It's about an accent... and a person who Lisar has known for 17 years.  Take a chill pill.  I don't even understand some of the other posts that are 'explaining' how what Lisar say was somehow racist.  Long time?  What?.

Relax, breezy.  It's an opinion.  Everybody has one and is entitled to it.  I would no sooner talk to (or about) an Asian using that phrase and accent than I would ask for "flied lice" when placing my order for 'fried rice' at an Asian restaurant.  Whether the server was Asian or not.  But that's just me. Shrug.

Rinna saying, "She know my hoo hoo long time" with the accent, reminds me of what Trump said at a campaign rally in August. 

https://youtu.be/k6zk31iNtHs

One journalist said that Trump may as well have put on a bamboo hat and pulled the corners of his eyes back, it was that obvious that he was mocking them.  Lisa probably knows nothing about foreign policy but looks fabulous in hats.  Like I said earlier, I don't know if she's racist or just really fucking stupid.

• Love 19

For those unaware of why "long time" is racist: it derives from a line in, I believe, Full Metal Jacket that was subsequently sampled by Sir Mix-a-Lot in which an Asian prostitute tells a prospective client, "me so horny, me sucky sucky, me love you long time." I hope it would be obvious why a wealthy white woman deploying this trope to, obliquely or not, make fun of the professional obligations of her Asian cosmetic freelancer is disgusting. When posters joke about race with their friends of other ethnicities, that's presumably a private laugh between equals, not guffawing on national television over a bigoted stereotype that has nothing to do with one's employee who's trying to make an honest living.

[light bulb] Thank you for explaining. I didn't understand why Lisa Rinna was laughing when she said that (english isn't my first language so to be honest I didn't get she did an accent nor that she didn't say "A" long time) so she just looked like a lunatic to me in that TH.

And 10 or 15 years later, that explains to me also an episode from South Park when Cartman had the personality of a prostitute and kept saying that. 

Well again, thanks, "I think I learn something today" !

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 9

I'm with you, DUI is most def worse than dramatic ear piercing.

DUI is sooo much worse.  Hopefully, Bella learned her lesson and this will be the only time that will happen. 

However, using her mother and aunties as examples, Sophia's whining and dramatics will last well into her 40s and beyond. 

• Love 3

[light bulb] Thank you for explaining. I didn't understand why Lisa Rinna was laughing when she said that (english isn't my first language so to be honest I didn't get she did an accent nor that she didn't say "A" long time) so she just looked like a lunatic to me in that TH.

The way she can't spit out a non-humourous statement without stopping multiple times mid-sentence to laugh and shake her head because of her stupid amusement at herself makes me think she's a lunatic in just about every TH!

Her poor daughters. They must be mortified at her gross-me-out-the-door wax scene being televised.

• Love 12

Relax, breezy.  It's an opinion.  Everybody has one and is entitled to it.  I would no sooner talk to (or about) an Asian using that phrase and accent than I would ask for "flied lice" when placing my order for 'fried rice' at an Asian restaurant.  Whether the server was Asian or not.  But that's just me. Shrug.

Rinna saying, "She know my hoo hoo long time" with the accent, reminds me of what Trump said at a campaign rally in August. 

https://youtu.be/k6zk31iNtHs

One journalist said that Trump may as well have put on a bamboo hat and pulled the corners of his eyes back, it was that obvious that he was mocking them.  Lisa probably knows nothing about foreign policy but looks fabulous in hats.  Like I said earlier, I don't know if she's racist or just really fucking stupid.

Relax?  That's my point Rye. 

• Love 7

Yes I agree. But she can still let her kids know how she feels about end of life cares. Like no feeding tubes and no mechanical means to keep me living. I have seen siblings fight over these issues even when a living will stated such. Only because the parent hadn't talked to each child, some children need to hear the words and if the don't, they will still have a hard time accepting this fact and feel like they let their parent die. It gets complicated. Bringing it out into the open helps kids accept the death without guilt. That is the point I was trying to make and just wanted to clear that up.

You're absolutely right.  I don't think anyone is arguing that.  Bringing it out in the open is fine, but not quite this open!!  That should be an intensely private conversation, done with as little emotion as possible.  I've done it with with my kids - They know who my attorney is, they know where my copies of the papers are, they know who I have designated to make medical decisions, etc.  My mother had the same conversation with me.  But it was done in a "Let's talk about this, and move on" kind of way, not something drawn out as huge drama and never in a million years would I do it with TV cameras present.  Out of respect for my children and because I'm aware of how difficult that kind of conversation can be.  

Yolanda completely blindsided her kids.  There are appropriate ways to give your family that kind of information, but that was not one of them.  

• Love 6

I didn't hear the part where Yolanda insisted one kid move, so that she could sit next to Gigi.  If that's the case, that's really awful.  How could a mother be so obvious??!!  

Yes, she told Anwar to get up and go sit next to his grandmother.  "I want to sit next to Gigi" is exactly what she said.  I couldn't believe it.  Anwar, sadly, did not look surprised so I'm sure it's not the first time he's felt literally shoved aside in favor of his sister.

• Love 9

And 10 or 15 years later, that explains to me also one episode from South Park when Cartman has the personality of a prostitute and keep saying that. 

Well again, thanks, "I think I learn something today" !

That's exactly, right.  That phrase, since the movie, is well known in pop culture.  Lisa Rinna, being in Hollywood surely knows this.  Maybe she doesn't.  We can't know for sure.  But yeah, her cackling after she said it - like it was the funniest joke she ever made - tells me she knows exactly what she was saying.  Except she's too stupid to know it could be viewed as mocking.

• Love 6

She's the only Jelena I've ever heard of - wonder if it's a Dutch name. A friend from Holland told me that Yolanda is a popular name there.

Jelena is actually a Slavic name, common in Eastern European countries like Serbia and Bulgaria, as well as Ukraine and Russia.  It's the Slavic version of Helena or Helen.  So I don't know where Yo and Mohammed came up with that.

If there are any tennis fans out there, Serbian champ Novak Djokovic's wife's name is Jelena.

• Love 3

Hanky, well not being a swan owner I am not sure what one would do if your swan was to become ill but I am sure I would not load a somewhat wild bird with watery stool in to the back seat of my car, luxury or otherwise.

I won't share the story of the day my husband and I ran across 7 orphaned baby ducklings trying to cross the expressway and caught them and drove them to the wildlife center in our backseat!

• Love 9

It really struck me as punching down. Making an insensitive joke at the expense of the lady who just waxed your ass crack isn't cool.

So not cool. LOL

Especially when said about the ASIAN lady that just waxed the rich, white lady's ass crack that said it.

Me love you long time” is a phrase often used when referring to foreign Asian women and sex.  It may or may not be explicitly associated with illicit sex but the clear underlying message is that the Asian woman’s role is to sexually serve the man.  She is to be docile, unassuming, exotic and demure — yet wildly sexual and uninhibited.  A woman with “slanted eyes and creamy yellow thighs” (lyrics from “Asian Girlz”) to be tamed and devoured by the White man.

If you ask anyone younger than 30 where the roots are from the line, “Me love you long time,” you’d probably get a blank stare. They may think it’s just broken English from an Asian women who is truly trying to express genuine affection to someone in English. The reality is that this phrase, “Me love you long time,” is not “I love you” coming out awkwardly in an Asian accent.

Instead, it’s a phrase popularized by Stanley Kubrick’s 1987 movie, “Full Metal Jacket,” (pictured left) where the line itself is taken from the scene where a Vietnamese woman propositions herself to two American GIs.

The writer is a psychotherapist and diversity speaker and goes on to talk about how the Asian women were viewed as subservient and subordinate, not only to white men but also to white women...but I'll stop there.  If you're interested in the rest, here's the link.

http://www.asamnews.com/2013/08/07/white-sexual-imperialism-me-love-you-long-time/

• Love 9

Absolutely.  I think the OCs kids are the worst.  To be honest, I just don't like the hormonal, snotty, teen age years.  I taught Kindergarten for a reason.  I love the littles.  My friend teaches high school and can NOT tolerate kids under 7.  Go figure.

My point was, I just haven't seen the Hadid kids do anything bratty. And compared to Alexia, who failed a written driving test three times (!), they seem like geniuses.

I teach high school and love high school kids. And I was super critical of Rinna's kids last year. I honestly don't see teens with attitudes like that. I also don't see high schoolers who would act like that upon getting their ears pierced. Thank God!  I don't teach in an area inhabited by only the top 1%, though, so maybe it really is just a reflection of over-indulgent parenting by rich folks.

I think Rinna has been working to repair the damage to her kids' images. Isn't one of them working a pretty normal teenager job (coffee shop or something) this year?  And to me they seem less obnoxious than they were last year - they even got through the whole Canada vacation discussions with no mention of Canadian chub-chubs.

• Love 2

I want to be very clear about something. If anyone on these boards says they have Lyme or Chronic Lyme or Neurological Lyme or whatever I believe them. I have no reason to distrust the life experiences people are sharing here. The person I don't believe is Yolanda and her case of Super Special Magical Lyme. I don't trust her because 1) the stuff she has said on the show and on other media makes no damned sense and it doesn't add up to be logical or realistic and 2) Yolanda was always mean, shady, manipulative and a lying drama queen. This Lyme business is just another tool for her to jerk people around with.

Yes, she always was.  And judgmental too.  So it's not as though there's no history of her acting this way.  This is pure Yolanda, and - as you said - just using this Lyme business as another tool.

Without reading all the posts, but getting the gist, most are annoyed or disgusted by Yo talking to her children about her Will on TV. Well, while there may be a time and a place for everything, this was a time when her family was together. I gather that is not easy to do with the kids all over the country. These unpleasant details do need to be discussed. I know myself and my siblings would try and avoid these conversations. As my father became more and more ill, anytime I was a t hime they went over the same thing. Where  the documents were, the will, estate planning folder. My father had tediously made a binder that outlined everything so we would not have to wonder. I understand her telling her children where to find her documents. So what of they were shocked. They may have been avoiding this discussion and when she had the chance i she took it. It is also a powerful message that children need to be prepared. Uncomfortable but necessary.

They are not filmed 24/7.  I'm sure the kids and her mom were there for more than just an afternoon, probably several days at least.  After the crew packed up and left  - or before they arrived - would have been a far more appropriate time for her to have that conversation.  She also could have spoken to them in a part of the house that was not set up for filming..  There certainly was ample opportunity for her to speak to her children privately.  Doing it on camera was deliberate on her part.  I'm not buying that she had no other choice.  No way.  This was a calculated, totally Yolanda-type move.

• Love 14

Lisa Rinna and the constant laughing is at the level of me wanting to throw tomatoes at my screen.  It's maniacal and speaks to the weakness of her persona.  And watching her get her snatch waxed?  Disgusting.

I am horrified at just how deep and obvious Yolanda's favoritism of GiGi is.  The bigger heart on the envelope?  The "I want to sit by GiGi" and the thousand other ways she makes her preference obvious?  She and her lime brain should be ashamed of herself.

• Love 8

I think it's possible that Yolanda had had this conversation with her children long before she filmed it for the show.  It could be something the producers thought would create some drama if she repeated the scene, so they all did it over for the cameras.  Maybe that's why I thought the kids' reactions seemed like they were pretty much unfazed by it all.

I thought the kids - and Yolanda's Mom - looked really upset.  Startled at first, then kind of bewildered, not sure how to react, and then we saw each of them just kind of fall apart.  It didn't seem at all rehearsed or re-created to me, and I would never describe their reactions as "unfazed".   My heart broke for her mother especially.  IMO, they were all genuinely distressed, made far worse by the way it was handled.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 8

DUI is sooo much worse.  Hopefully, Bella learned her lesson and this will be the only time that will happen. 

However, using her mother and aunties as examples, Sophia's whining and dramatics will last well into her 40s and beyond. 

You mean learned behavior? Like using an illness as an excuse for bad behavior? Like Bella is now doing just like Yolanda does? LOL

• Love 7

OMG.  I can't believe that racism has been brought up.  This is ridiculous.  It's about an accent... and a person who Lisar has known for 17 years.  Take a chill pill.  I don't even understand some of the other posts that are 'explaining' how what Lisar say was somehow racist.  Long time?  What?

On Yo's big scene about her will - Yo has gone through enough treatments in the past and now she's talking about dying?  Hm.  Sorry.  Producers to Yo:  Hey Yo, we need some packages.  Oh, how about me talking about my will.  Hm.  The kids wouldn't be handling anything if Yo didn't 'survive' a less than major surgery.  David would as her husband and Mohammad would as the children's father.  And most importantly the actual executor of the estate who is probably Yo's lawyer.   It was all bullshit.  Same goes for a 'living' will and Medical Power of Attorney.  None of that would be given to the kids.  Did the kids know in advance about the topic on top of the hill that Yo managed to get up?  I have doubts.  The whole scene was repulsive for these kids to go through.  And Yo gets all high and mighty about people questioning and talking about her illness?  Hm.  Yo.  You need to think about what you'll do for airtime.

I thought Yolanda was just supposed to be a Friend Of this season.  Why are we seeing her so much??

I also wonder who's idea it was for Bella's surgery.  Was it hers, at seventeen or was it her mother's?  I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Yo pressured Bella into it.....cause that's what Yo is all about.

It's actually about more than an accent.  Her use of "long time" has other implications, and that really crossed a line.  I like LisaR, but that was not cool.   Moving on.....

I agree with the rest of your post.  Yolanda carried on as though her children were babies who were going to be orphans left all on their own, with only each other, if she died.  Please.  The reality is that they have a father and stepfather, both of whom are wealthy, intelligent, and involved in their lives.  So yes, anything that needed to be sorted out would certainly not be handled by the kids all alone, without anyone to guide them, if it were handled by the kids at all.   That doesn't mean there's no need for a discussion about her final wishes or where she keeps her important documents, but she took it to a level that was ridiculous.  Her silly little folder or envelope or whatever it was is nowhere near as significant as the legal paperwork that is safely in the hands of her attorney.  The manufactured drama was very transparent.  I don't believe the kids knew what was coming at all.  I think she sprung it on them because she thought it would make good TV.  All it did, IMO, was make her look like even more of a famewhore.  It was a whole new level.

And Bella's nose job - Kids ask for nose jobs all the time.  I remember when I was in high school (a long time ago!), lots of my friends wanted one, and I did too.  A few parents gave in, but my parents did not.  I'm no beauty, but they told me that my nose was fine and that I was beautiful just as I was.  So Bella simply asking for one doesn't  take Yolanda off the hook, IMO.  We've seen how focused Yolanda is on looks, and I'm sure she wanted her children to be as perfect-looking as possible.  Even if Bella asked to have it done (and we don't know that she did), Yolanda could have told her that she's beautiful just as she is.   I agree with you - It very easily could have been Yolanda's strong suggestion.  "You would be so pretty, like your sister!"

• Love 9

Apologies if others have mentioned this, but IMO Yolanda, having experienced as a child the sudden death of her father, may have wanted to prepare her young adult children for the very slight possibility that she might die as a result of her surgery, a la Joan Rivers, Andy Warhol, & the author of "Second Wives Club," to name a few celebs who sadly passed away due to surgical complications.  Of course, this matter should NOT have been discussed on camera, but it's YO!

Love the way Lisa V. & Ken cherish pets but did think Hanky should have been transported in a dog/swan crate, directly from the pond to the vet.  But that would diminish the Todd's camera time...

Hate the way Lisa V. demands info from Erika re her sex life - unclassy.

• Love 5

I agree that Yolanda looks ill (she also looks "puffy"), but I do think that a lot of her looking ill compared to flashbacks is because she is not wearing any makeup.  I can look ill without makeup, as I would think, a lot of women would.  Not using concealer to hide dark circles, no foundation to even out or brighten skin tone, no mascara or eyeliner to emphasize your eyes, can make you look ill.

So how come men don't look ill?

• Love 5
Lisa V needs some serious hair deep conditioner.

Thank you. Her hair makes me itchy just looking at it. It just sort of hangs there, and looks way too "heavy" to me as well.  I am always amazed when the women on these shows have bad hair, when they have so much money at their disposal. 

Lisa Rinna and the constant laughing is at the level of me wanting to throw tomatoes at my screen.  It's maniacal and speaks to the weakness of her persona.  And watching her get her snatch waxed?  Disgusting.

The waxing part was totally unnecessary. But I think I might be the only person who doesn't mind Rinna's laughing. She strikes me as someone who just really enjoys life. And herself. And that's okay. Women are so hard on themselves these days - on their looks, their parenting choices, their careers, their love lives, etc. If Lisar finds herself funny - good on her! I actually crack myself up a lot. And it's not because I think I'm super witty or intelligent (although, sometimes I am), I just say and do ridiculous crap all day long and then have a good laugh about it. That's how Lisar strikes me - very self aware and self deprecating. She knows she IS the joke half the time, but I think she likes herself and has a good time. She doesn't take things too seriously, and I find it refreshing. 

And Bella's nose job - Kids ask for nose jobs all the time.  I remember when I was in high school (a long time ago!), lots of my friends wanted one, and I did too.  A few parents gave in, but my parents did not.  I'm no beauty, but they told me that my nose was fine and that I was beautiful just as I was.  So Bella simply asking for one doesn't  take Yolanda off the hook, IMO.  We've seen how focused Yolanda is on looks, and I'm sure she wanted her children to be as perfect-looking as possible.  Even if Bella asked to have it done (and we don't know that she did), Yolanda could have told her that she's beautiful just as she is.   I agree with you - It very easily could have been Yolanda's strong suggestion.  "You would be so pretty, like your sister!"

Not only could Yo have easily said, "No. Not right now. Wait until you're older. You may change your mind.", but it's quite possible that Yo's constant obsession with looks is what prompted Bella to feel dissatisfied with her nose in the first place. 

• Love 15

Being the huge animal lover that she is, I'm pretty sure Lisa has all the bases covered when it comes to her pets.

I hope so. I don't live in SoCal but I don't imagine that green lawns grow year round without help. That help can't be good for animal tummies.

I always felt her hair has been "drying".

She needs a good cream rinse or like you said a rejuvenating moisturizing deep conditioner every two weeks.

It was so so noticeable in the sun at that lunch. Her hair looked crunchy like fall leaves.

On the bright side for Yolanda she stopped the kids from eating bread (and butter) when she spoiled their lunch!

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 1

Lisa Vanderpump suffers from refusing to give into the fact as she has gotten older she has less hair and the hair she has probably has quite a lot of color and perm or straightener, is damaged from the combination and not amenable to recovery with the use of deep conditioners.  I know it is an unpopular stance but it may be time for LVP to go the way of Yolanda and cut her hair and let it grow back in a healthier fashion. I don't mean she has to stop coloring it. (Yolanda didn't.) I don't know how Lisa would look with short hair but losing the hair (and the caterpillar eyelashes) may have a desirable more youthful appearance.  I don't see Lisa going under the knife anytime soon but she needs to update her looks.

• Love 5

In defense of Yo telling Anwar to move:  He still lives with her or at least in BH with Mo so she sees him all of the time but Gigi lives in NYC and is jetting all over the world too.  She doesn't get to see her too much. 

IMHO anyway. 

• Love 4

Bella's DUI trumps any bratty, overdramatic behavior shown by Kyle's kids. So far, none of Kyle's kids were arrested, one graduated college and has a career, another is attending college. Alexia failed a driver's test 3 times? Sophia went into histrionics during 2 ear piercing scenes? Portia threw something on the floor in a fit? None of that fazes me in the least. None of the above is criminal nor could have resulted in injury, death, & damage to property.

And, while Yo may have laid into Bella, this was off camera. If I recall correctly, she got defensive when David suggested that Bella needed attention or whatever and once they brought out the "Lyme made me do it" excuse...nope. Yo raised a trashy kid like so many housewives. Congratulations, Yo.

So, no. Bella is not better than any of the other BH kids, in my opinion. Once you get popped for a DUI (and at 17, no less) AND blame it on something like Lyme Disease (seriously?), you lose all respect from me. No matter how "pretty" you are.

Edited to add: Princess GiGi was caught on camera suspiciously and "allegedly" doing coke during a summer MTV style beach house party. That was several months ago and all over all of the big gossip sites...with video.

Such a pristine, perfect family...

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 13

Jelena is actually a Slavic name, common in Eastern European countries like Serbia and Bulgaria, as well as Ukraine and Russia.  It's the Slavic version of Helena or Helen.  So I don't know where Yo and Mohammed came up with that.

If there are any tennis fans out there, Serbian champ Novak Djokovic's wife's name is Jelena.

Speaking a how they pick names.  Anwar???  That had better be a Hadid family name as I only ever picture the assassinated president of Egypt, Anwar Sadat every time it is said. 

He was a very good man so maybe he's named after him but I doubt the Hadid's are into anything geopolitical at all!!

• Love 3

Yolanda is very manipulative. To bring up the will in the fashion she did to her very young children was irresponsible and selfish. The average 19/20/21 year old (not sure how old the kids are, but I assume they are 21 and under) is not thinking about the untimely passing of their parents. Yes, every surgery comes with a risk of some kind, but Yolanda was certainly milking the situation. The 'take care of my mommy' was just so ridiculous and over the top.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 9

It's always a good idea to be sure your affairs are in order before undergoing general anesthesia (Joan Rivers comes to mind).  Don't ask me why I'm giving Yo the benefit of the doubt (that's just my way I guess) but I wonder if, at that point in time Yo knew the divorce was imminent and was wary of post-mortem shenanigans on David's part, so she wanted to (1) make sure the kids had a copy of everything before David's lawyers had a chance to tamper with it and (2) immortalize that fact on film. 

I LOL'd when Anwar asked how to butter bread. 

• Love 6

As far as Bella not making her distances due to Lyme disease that means she isn't getting her horse to the base of the jump properly for optimal take off to clear the poles and not knock them over. Basically, Yo is saying Bella became unable to judge the number of strides in between fences. I call BS. With their money they can buy jumpers that have a lot of talent. This means the horse can save the rider's ass even if the horse is given a bad take off point through their effort and athleticism. Horses are bought for this purpose every day for rich  amateur riders but it still takes a lot of hard work and practice to be successful. But Bella starts a rung up with nice horses. Everyone has to PRACTICE and work hard with their horse to compete even the best. If you're not winning, or willing to put in the work, or CANNOT AFFORD THE HORSES ANYMORE, Lyme Disease would make a good excuse. 

• Love 8

You're absolutely right. I don't think anyone is arguing that. Bringing it out in the open is fine, but not quite this open!! That should be an intensely private conversation, done with as little emotion as possible. I've done it with with my kids - They know who my attorney is, they know where my copies of the papers are, they know who I have designated to make medical decisions, etc. My mother had the same conversation with me. But it was done in a "Let's talk about this, and move on" kind of way, not something drawn out as huge drama and never in a million years would I do it with TV cameras present. Out of respect for my children and because I'm aware of how difficult that kind of conversation can be.

Yolanda completely blindsided her kids. There are appropriate ways to give your family that kind of information, but that was not one of them.

Ok if you go back and read my original post that is what I said. It should not have been done in front of the cameras. Just want to clarify that. I should have reiterated that opinion from my original post.

Edited by FanOfTheFans

You mean her kids who exploit themselves on IG, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, TV, Movies, pap pictures, going to big time industry parties, dating members of the music industry....those kids?

They live their lives on camera.  Let's not try to make it seem like these kids were somehow blindsided by the fact that cameras suddenly showed up while having a serious discussion with their mother.  Gimme a break with the "exploiting the kids" schtick.  It's old in the context of these shows.

Wow, tell us how you really feel!! Love it! ;-)

• Love 2

Wow, that deer tick must have been really fucking drunk when it bit her.

It makes sense-the drunken deer tick.  Didn't Yolanda say Bella had to give up riding (which many heard as writing) because Bella could no longer count?  Apparently it left her unable to count her drinks.

• Love 17

In defense of Yo telling Anwar to move:  He still lives with her or at least in BH with Mo so she sees him all of the time but Gigi lives in NYC and is jetting all over the world too.  She doesn't get to see her too much. 

IMHO anyway. 

Thank you I thought I was the only one who thought all the hoopla of telling Anwar to move was just over the top.  Geez. She misses her daughter and doesn't see her as often. Down to comparing the size of hearts on the envelope is just way bizarre to me. Not. That. Serious.

• Love 9

Is it pronounced like Helena, or with a hard J sound? I assumed it was silent but then GiGi as a nickname doesn't make much sense.

Poor Hanky. He clearly did not appreciate being handled and kissed on.

• Love 2

Is it pronounced like Helena, or with a hard J sound? I assumed it was silent but then GiGi as a nickname doesn't make much sense.

It's a soft J, like the Y in Yolanda...pronounced Yelena, rhymes with Helena.  Gigi doesn't make sense as a nickname, lol.

• Love 2

I´m at a familiar point in watching now, where I love everyone. I haven´t felt this way for the Beverly Hills crowd since season 4. Erica is so nice, I can´t stand all that Erica Jayne business but she seems fun and relaxed. I hope she stays so positive and doesn´t get offended at everything and nothing. I love Kyle´s talking heads, and she seems to be really happy now. Lisa and Ken should get another spinoff, this time with them and their animals. I would watch 20 minutes a week of that. I´d want them to get some cats though as well, since I´m a cat person.

Yolanda´s sickness talk is getting ridiculous. She´s not even trying to sound believable, I do believe she is sick but... yeah.

Lisa Rinna getting waxed was horrible, I hate to see stuff like that. But she´s still funny, and I still like her.

• Love 5