Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Horsing Around

• Start Topic

There is no credible evidence to suggest that routine vitamin infusions are necessary or offer any meaningful health benefit. Vitamin infusions are a marketing creation, giving the illusion you’re doing something for your health, but lacking any demonstrable efficacy. Yolanda can well afford to pay from $50 to $250 for a few pennies worth of vitamins delivered intravenously. Any person can get the same amount and efficacy of Vitamin C by simply swallowing a pill every day. Strangely missing is an explanation of why pushing mega-doses of vitamins directly into a vein (and bypassing the liver’s first pass metabolism) is somehow still considered a “natural” treatment.

I think Yolanda is addicted to all of these treatments and has found the quacks who are willing to take all of her money to do them.  She's reminding me of Michael Jackson with the intravenous drips and such.  She'd better be careful.  Michael Jackson's quack ended up killing him.

• Love 14

Yolanda suffers from affluenza. She's got more money than sense and all these quacks are happy to take it from her. I'm not sure who she would be if she didn't focus so much on herself and illness. I think she enjoys getting treatment because of the care, concern and validation she gets from the practitioners who encourage her to stay in this state. She needs to streamline her treatment. There is no way all that shit she does isn't making her sicker. I have met a lot of people who are always trying new supplements, iv drips, chelation, injections etc and they've been the sickest people I know.

Absolutely.  For someone who is so convinced that she's intelligent, she's really doing some very foolish things.  Too much time on her hands and too much money. And what a waste of money it is!  You nailed it:  Affluenza.

Isn't vitamin C one of the easiest vitamins to get? Can't Yo get 100% of her body's daily requirement by eating an orange? I do realize that's about a whole 80 calories though...

Yes, and she could also take pills.  But that likely wouldn't be televised, so she won't even consider that.  It's all about what would make a good photo op, and what Bravo is likely to air.  IV's make far better television.

• Love 9

Wait.  When is a nineteen year old a kid?  She's of age, especially in the UK where she's legally allowed to drink and vote.  I say BS on this whole thing about not inviting 'kids' to the wedding.  I think it more of a power play by Kathy and Rick over Mauricio and Kyle.  Sad.

I think they were saying "no kids" as in kids being included just because they are related. I don't think it was an age reference.  I misused the term adults only.  Obviously Nicky had a relationship with Brook and Farrah.  She had Brooke, Portia and Whitney in the wedding.  Since Rick has six brothers and sisters, and who knows how many Rothschilds, I believe the no kids was more of a reference to offspring attending just because they are related.  I am not saying I agree with it but sometimes the wedding party actually likes having a relationship with their guests.  I also don't necessarily agree with Kyle and Mauricio publicly disagreeing with Nicky's criteria. 

Here is all I can say about the last three episodes.  Ratings are down.  I blame it on the whole central idea of Yolanda and her illness.  Please Evolution Media and Bravo take the holiday season and rework the damn show.  I feel like I am a juror watching a "day in the life" of a injured plaintiff with roughly a third of the show devoted to Yolanda and her health and condition.  There is no way to make this entertaining.  I don't care if the other women have questions, if they bring up malingering or Munchausen or what they say-the storyline blows.

• Love 11

I thought it was ironic to have Taylor calling out Yolanda because in some ways Yolanda is starting to remind me of Taylor Season 2.  Taylor hijacked Season 2 by using the fact of her domestic abuse to control everything around her.  Her stories about the abuse were so magnified and had so many lies built in, it was hard to know what was true and what wasn't. Yet there was no doubt that something was going on, and so the women during the season were hesitant to attack her because they didn't want to look like they were being insensitive to victims of domestic violence. Lisa even made friends with her, I think primarily because Taylor was attacking Lisa as being insensitive to Taylor's suffering and Lisa was nervous about her own image. Taylor used her terrible situation to excuse her terrible behavior, and to build public sympathy for herself as a victim. In Taylor's case it backfired because the lies and manipulation became more powerful than the abuse (and possibly because we SAW the lies and manipulation on camera, whereas all the abuse took place off camera.)

It occurs to me that I have some of the same dynamics are in play with Yolanda.  I have no doubt, as I've said, that Yolanda has an illness of some kind.  (She is definitely not Brooks.)  But she is using this illness to control everyone around her - from her husband to the cast of her show. And built into this illness is so much malingering and lying and weird behavior that it's almost impossible to know - as it was with Taylor and Russell - what's really going on.  And what becomes more tricky, mostly for her cast mates but even for viewers, is that criticizing Yolanda can come across as being insensitive to people living with illness.  For my part, I want to be really clear.  I have tremendous sympathy for those living with chronic illness.  I think a lot of times the world can treat people living with illness as "less than" and can discount their experiences, and discount the value of their lives.  That is a terrible thing to endure and I don't want to contribute to anyone's pain.

Nor can I say precisely what Yolanda is feeling, because I'm not Yolanda.  But when I look at her behavior, the behavior I see is someone who is using their situation to control people around them, to draw attention to themselves, to earn a "get out of jail free" card because of all their "suffering". Since her first moment on the show, Yolanda's distinguishing trait has been her moralizing and judgmental behavior, her sort of constant refrain of telling other people how to feel and act, what is right or wrong. And now it feels almost like she is using her illness to insulate herself from the judgment that she is constantly doling out to others (all her bad behavior is tracked back to Lyme Brain), and as another weapon in her arsenal that she can wield in pointing out other people's shortcomings - who is not being sympathetic, because they didn't bring her Starbucks when she was trapped in bed for eighteen months. This is one more way for her to point out how much better she is, and how much worse everyone else is, and it is all according to Yolanda's Moral Code of Right and Wrong.  (The irony that she is trying to paint herself as the moral authority when her best friend on the show is the most vile person who ever graced the franchise, that is something I cannot even begin to understand.)

I think Taylor was finally taken down by the public scorn.  I see the public now still split on Yolanda - between empathy (especially from those who know firsthand the toll that illness can take) and anger (from those who see her manipulations and don't like it, including some people who know true suffering and see something different in Yolanda).  I am interested, I admit it, to see how it plays out over the course of the season. 

P.S. Has anyone ever been more desperate in a scene on this show than Taylor, so incredibly thirsty to be let back into the circle?  It made me nervous and I would have felt bad for her, did I not so thoroughly dislike the woman. 

ETA - To be clear, I agree that I don't want to see this hijack the Season, as Taylor did in Season 2. I wish that they had not brought her back, I DOUBLY wish they had not cast the show around her, and I TRIPLY wish that they were not setting this up as the main storyline.  I guess we are being punished for the high ratings the OC got in the Season of Brooks.

Edited by ottergirl
  • Love 23
But when I look at her behavior, the behavior I see is someone who is using their situation to control people around them, to draw attention to themselves, to earn a "get out of jail free" card because of all their "suffering".

Yes and yes to this. Years ago I had some friends with a daughter who was diagnosed with anorexia. Yes, the girl was suffering, but she used her disease as a means to control every aspect of her family's life. When your entire day hinges on whether your child eats a lettuce leaf, when you travel to the ends of the earth to find treatment, when everyone in teh family has to put their life on hold to deal with it, then yes it puts the afflicted person in the driver's seat. 

I see this with Yolanda. That's how she gets attention from her family, her kids probably feel like they have to call her every day or she will sink deeper. The insta posts are to remind everyone that she is suffering. David doesn't want to sleep in her bed, but he would look like a rat bastard if he didn't witness her treatments. I really want to know if Yo is seeing a therapist, because I think she really needs one. 

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 16

The good/bad thing about being the Bride is that you get to make the rules. You get to decide who comes and who doesn't come to your wedding. Often the decisions are hard and feelings get hurt. You might invite one co-worker and not another, one neighor but not all of them. This is just the deal. My brother had a fancy wedding, and while he wasn't marrying a Rothschild, he was marrying someone from old Texas money and they had their ideas on how the wedding would be handled.  When I got my invite and read the words "children are not invited" I was trembling when I dialed the phone to talk to him, the plane tickets I had already purchased for my 10 and 13 year old children in my hand. He laughed and said that my kids weren't "children", they were his niece and nephew, and of course they were invited. My kids were the only ones at the wedding, outside of the Flower Girl. I asked him if that would cause issues of if anyone would complain because they couldn't bring their kids, and he said he didn't really give two shits because it was his wedding and he could invite whoever he wanted to invite. Nicky could have done the exact same thing, as I am almost certain that if Kyle and Kathy were having major issues, Kathy's first choice for a person to be included in the wedding party would not have been Farrah or even Portia, but more than likely this is what Nicky wanted.

• Love 4

Wait.  When is a nineteen year old a kid?  She's of age, especially in the UK where she's legally allowed to drink and vote.  I say BS on this whole thing about not inviting 'kids' to the wedding.  I think it more of a power play by Kathy and Rick over Mauricio and Kyle.  Sad.

It's so mean and petty. I didn't think they extended their dysfunction to the point where they'd take it out on the kids but I guess they have. 

This was a fun episode. I liked the Lisas together (even though Rinna still annoys me with her over the top reactions).  That poor little pony! I don't really understand why anyone would want a dwarf pony. It's small, but it's still going to need to be kept in a barn. It's not like it suddenly becomes a household pet. 

• Love 1

This was a fun episode. I liked the Lisas together (even though Rinna still annoys me with her over the top reactions).

I, too, like the Lisas together.  Rinna is too "on" for me and I really can't stand the scenes with her daughters because it makes me dislike teens and I don't like that feeling, but she was okay when she was with Lisa Vanderpump.  I thought her over the top reaction was rather pathetic when she and Eileen both wore similar animal prints. (although, I loved it when she pointed out that the media used the term "fled" about Kim).  

• Love 3

From someone who is "sick" and is around sick people a lot, I believe Yolanda has chosen to define herself by her illness. It is her identity now. She has defined herself in many ways, wife, mother, model. In her mind, that is all gone now. Her kids have grown up. Her modeling career is long gone, and she knew this divorce was coming... But she sick. She's latched on to it. She is sick Yolanda. It is her new identity as she has nothing left. She really is sick, but she is choosing to let it define her. If the sickness goes away, so does her identity. She has to cling to it .

ETA, It would not surprise me is she doubles down on this now. We may see her get "worse" for a while

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 16

What irks me about hyper Lisa Rinna is the contrast with how completely normal she was on Celebrity Apprentice.  I think she's got a weird quirk where she needs to fill any empty air with a kind of artificial manic energy.  But conversely, if somebody else is being a live wire, she's capable of settling back and letting them do it.

Over the years with limited exposure to her I had always found her to be way too much, but then liked her on CA because she was thoughtful and focused and didn't get pulled into insane drama -- in fact, she would sit with Penn Jillette and just wonder at it with him.  And now she's on the show and it's all manic energy again.  Except for glimpses, like when she was in the car and Kim was going round the bend and she just pulled back and acted like she was with a wild animal that needed gentling.

So she frustrates me because I really like her when she's not actively manic.

• Love 6

I think Yolanda is sick, but she does the most with her selfies:

yolanda-foster.jpg

yolanda-foster.jpg

Who does stuff like this? I just can't with all of her sick selfies. I have zero doubt she is ill - either physically or mentally - but it is so hard to take her seriously. 

While I have zero interest in ever seeing, hearing, or reading about Taylor again, she is the only one who said the thing.  The others have mentioned that she is trying so many different treatments, and maybe she isn't going about it the right way, but no one has mentioned what has to be the most perplexing thing of all - her constant need to document every way in which she is suffering. I agree with everyone who says she is allowing her illness to define her.

She has always used her illness as an attention-grab in a way, which is one of the reasons I didn't like her at the end of S3.  She had only just announed she had Lyme at the end of that season (her first season) right before the reunion filmed. Because that was the year of everyone piling on Kyle, she went along with the crew and accused Kyle of being a cold bitch, allowing a frail and ill Yolanda to sit in her car in Kyle's driveway, never even offering her a glass of water. Kyle said that she never knew that Yolanda was sitting in her driveway, that she needed a glass of water, or that she was sick. Because Yolanda was much beloved, it never really mattered that she didn't deny that Kyle didn't know she was sick at the time. Clearly Yo was right and Kyle was wrong.

She did the same thing in S4 when she accused Lisa of being heartless because she didn't come visit her when she was "housebound". Not so much as a cup of coffee, which was delivered, but by Brandi. She has always used her illness as a weapon and a way to make others feel small. They have been more than kind to her over the years, because no one has ever pointed out that she said things like "I've been housebound for 18 months", when they know this is not true. No one has ever thrown any of this in her face so really, they have had her back in a lot of ways.

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 18

This whole idea of Kyle needing to be offended the rest of her family wasn't invited is why I always said that if I ever got married (and that's a big if) I would do it at a courthouse and have a pot luck afterwards.  If you wanna show up, fine.  If not, that's fine too.

It was Nicky's wedding.  She can invite who she wants.  If Kyle had a problem with that, don't come.  It's not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things.

• Love 3

I use the same portable sauna. Very important for detox. It's good for everyone, not just those with Lyme. However, I can't support Yolanda unless she explains what exactly she's doing. If she's posting as a public service, then she needs to explain what each apparatus is for. That's my issue with her. Her fans and those suffering could use her knowledge.... But I don't see her educating...

This is a red flag for me, she never explains anything, tells what has worked for her or not, given real contacts within the established medical community, given the name any type of treatment that helped her, not once has she offered hope to any LD patient or their family IMO.

• Love 11

Who does stuff like this? I just can't with all of her sick selfies. I have zero doubt she is ill - either physically or mentally - but it is so hard to take her seriously.

While I have zero interest in ever seeing, hearing, or reading about Taylor again, she is the only one who said the thing. The others have mentioned that she is trying so many different treatments, and maybe she isn't going about it the right way, but no one has mentioned what has to be the most perplexing thing of all - her constant need to document every way in which she is suffering. I agree with everyone who says she is allowing her illness to define her.

She has always used her illness as an attention-grab in a way, which is one of the reasons I didn't like her at the end of S3. She had only just announed she had Lyme at the end of that season (her first season) right before the reunion filmed. Because that was the year of everyone piling on Kyle, she went along with the crew and accused Kyle of being a cold bitch, allowing a frail and ill Yolanda to sit in her car in Kyle's driveway, never even offering her a glass of water. Kyle said that she never knew that Yolanda was sitting in her driveway, that she needed a glass of water, or that she was sick. Because Yolanda was much beloved, it never really mattered that she didn't deny that Kyle didn't know she was sick at the time. Clearly Yo was right and Kyle was wrong.

She did the same thing in S4 when she accused Lisa of being heartless because she didn't come visit her when she was "housebound". Not so much as a cup of coffee, which was delivered, but by Brandi. She has always used her illness as a weapon and a way to make others feel small. They have been more than kind to her over the years, because no one has ever pointed out that she said things like "I've been housebound for 18 months", when they know this is not true. No one has ever thrown any of this in her face so really, they have had her back in a lot of ways.

Exactly to all this.

This is why I didn't want Yolanda to return. How can anyone say anything against or question Yolanda about anything? Yolanda will always have the sympathy vote, even if she is completely in the wrong.

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 7

I know a lot of people aren't going to like Erika because of her look and her being married to a wealthy older man, but I'm digging her so far. She is this fun hybrid of Kim Zolciak and Anna Nicole Smith IMO. And I like how she admitted that she was broke when she married her husband as if to admit that money was definitely a factor in why she married him. But I do think she loves him too. A woman can marry for both love and upward mobility.

I don't mind her that much, but I do think she's a bit ridiculous.  I mean, she doesn't look *that* much younger than her husband.  Maybe it's the plastic surgery, make-up and ridiculous hair, but she looks much older than she thinks she does.  Hubby isn't that bad looking.  He could trade her in for a much younger model, so I don't think she should really play up her "trophy" wife status because she doesn't look that much like a trophy.  She'll look like Mamie Van Doren (the old version) in a few years.

• Love 6

I don't mind her that much, but I do think she's a bit ridiculous.  I mean, she doesn't look *that* much younger than her husband.  Maybe it's the plastic surgery, make-up and ridiculous hair, but she looks much older than she thinks she does.  Hubby isn't that bad looking.  He could trade her in for a much younger model, so I don't think she should really play up her "trophy" wife status because she doesn't look that much like a trophy.  She'll look like Mamie Van Doren (the old version) in a few years.

I agree - she already looks very drag queen to me.  Plastic drag queen.

• Love 5

Apparently party planning is not Kathy's forte-Hilton & Hyland to hold their annual holiday party at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the one Kim is banned fro for life.  http://allthingsrh.com/kathy-hilton-host-party-hotel-kim-richards-arrested/

On a lighter note Ronnie K. of Trash Talk TV's recap of Tuesday's episode. http://www.trashtalktv.com/12/16/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-recap-pregnant-midget-donkey-enigmas/375569/ Much like the episode it is a little slow. 

• Love 3
It shows how truly classless and without values Kyle is.     It shows exactly who that family is.   Oh, she wanted to go, she did not want to miss the wedding of her niece.    Doesn't matter how her own daughters feel.

It was wrong.

Did I miss the scene(s) where we found out how her daughters feel?

• Love 9

Did I miss the scene(s) where we found out how her daughters feel?

No.  The bigger questions would the two middle daughters have felt better if their mom didn't go? Kyle was not the one saying they weren't invited it was their cousin.  At some point Nicky had to have realized the questions would be raised why none of the Umanskys were there, some of the Umanskys were there when she decided just to have three of them and Farrah involved.  Your wedding makes it to People magazine and there are questions.

• Love 2

I think the 'maybe you shouldn't come' came directly from Kathy.  Why?  Maybe it was about Kyle's deal for the scripted show.  Maybe it was about Kyle saying something about her two daughters not being invited and her husband.  Maybe it was about Kathy suddenly being responsible for Kim.  Bottom line - IMO, this was about Kathy throwing this out to Kyle. 

We may never know the 'Bottom line'. 

Maybe....Kathy and Kyle argued, Kyle stabbed her witchy finger and said, "We're not coming to your stupid wedding" and Kathy didn't say a word! Just let Kyle un-invite herself.  Later, Kyle decided to change her mind and grace Kensington Gardens with her presence.

Lots of maybes here.

Kyle telling us that someone said "maybe you shouldn't come", doesn't make it truth.  Or maybe Kathy said that in response to Kyle saying she wasn't going. 

And that's why Nicky is shocked at Kyle's spin.

Lots of maybes. 

• Love 4

Lisa R needs to stop with the daughters. They are not likable and seem less so each time they show up. Again, Lisa, let the girls go be teens in private. They just don't come off well and teen girls get enough abuse from peers. They don't need the world judging them. I think it could get more ugly by the moment.

Gigi's success has made it seem as though pushy stage parenting and eating disorders do lead to success. No way is someone as superficial and opportunistic as Lipsa gonna not pursue the possibility of similar success for her daughters.
  • Love 4

Gigi's success has made it seem as though pushy stage parenting and eating disorders do lead to success. No way is someone as superficial and opportunistic as Lipsa gonna not pursue the possibility of similar success for her daughters.

No amount of dieting or stage parenting (no matter who the pu$hy parent is) will make a supermodel who photographs like Gigi and Bella do.  We can say whatever we want about Yolanda but she made some beautifully photogenic, tall, well-proportioned children.  That's genetic.  Yolanda could push all she wants but if they didn't photograph well, they'd not be where they are.  Posing and walking a runway can be taught, although I think there's a certain natural ability to do that comfortably, but if that's all they could do, because they photograph badly, they'd never be 'supermodels' which they're on their way.

That said, Rinna's girls might photograph like dreams, too. I think they're too short, though. 

• Love 8

Good episode!

Erika looked like Lady Bunny in her TH. She might be a fun addition to the show. (I'm not getting the Brandi comparison.) Her husband was pretty smile-y and spry, so it seems they're living a good life together.

Yeah, Taylor is as thirsty and gross as ever. If I have to see her (and TMCFR), then I better get some out-on-bail fresh-outta-jail hot mess Kim at some point.

I think Yolanda wants to be sick. There, I said it.

• Love 7

No amount of dieting or stage parenting (no matter who the pu$hy parent is) will make a supermodel who photographs like Gigi and Bella do.  We can say whatever we want about Yolanda but she made some beautifully photogenic, tall, well-proportioned children.  That's genetic.  

I mostly agree with this, but stage-mom Yolanda did her part by getting underage Bella (was she sixteen?) a nose job and lip injections. She wouldn't be where she is in the modeling industry right now without that as well.

Edited by Atwood
  • Love 8

Kyle and Mo have gone to enough parties over the years, I'm sure the kids understand adult only events.  However, this event had a little more family baggage than those parties. 

If I were Alexis or Sophia and knew my dad wasn't invited and my mother had been un -invited and then re-invited, frankly, I'd be thinking my mom was kind of a dumbass for going.  It would be like what Lisa Vanderpump was trying to convey.  "Gee, mom, how much crap are you going to take?"  Secondary, would be my own hurt feelings. I'd be thinking, "And how much crap are you going to allow them to shovel our way, too?"

I agree so much with this, but then again, I've never thought of Kyle as strong and intelligent.

• Love 6

I mostly agree with this, but stage-mom Yolanda did her part by getting underage Bella (was she sixteen?) a nose job and lip injections. She wouldn't be where she is in the modeling industry right now without that as well.

And I agree with you!  I did not know.  But yeah...

s4p-D0rj_400x400.jpeg

Sorry, mods.   I know we're veering off the show.  We'll take it to Yo's thread.

• Love 4

Taylor has no social graces. Upon meeting Lisa Rinna for the FIRST time she jokingly thanks Rinna for having a bigger mouth so she no longer has the biggest mouth in the room. Rinna might joke about herself but it's rude for someone, who has only just met her, to joke about any physical feature.

I loathe Taylor so I hope she swallows herself and disappears....along with her fake laughter.

Taylor mentioned immediately that she and LisaR had met before.  How long before those 2 get into a cage match?  Bringing back Taylor definitely ups the ante for Rinna.  That's why we see Munchausen's next week.  If anyone is going to stir the pot on BH it's going to be Rinna dammit!!

I thought it was ironic to have Taylor calling out Yolanda because in some ways Yolanda is starting to remind me of Taylor Season 2.  Taylor hijacked Season 2 by using the fact of her domestic abuse to control everything around her.  Her stories about the abuse were so magnified and had so many lies built in, it was hard to know what was true and what wasn't. Yet there was no doubt that something was going on, and so the women during the season were hesitant to attack her because they didn't want to look like they were being insensitive to victims of domestic violence. Lisa even made friends with her, I think primarily because Taylor was attacking Lisa as being insensitive to Taylor's suffering and Lisa was nervous about her own image. Taylor used her terrible situation to excuse her terrible behavior, and to build public sympathy for herself as a victim. In Taylor's case it backfired because the lies and manipulation became more powerful than the abuse (and possibly because we SAW the lies and manipulation on camera, whereas all the abuse took place off camera.)

It occurs to me that I have some of the same dynamics are in play with Yolanda.  I have no doubt, as I've said, that Yolanda has an illness of some kind.  (She is definitely not Brooks.)  But she is using this illness to control everyone around her - from her husband to the cast of her show. And built into this illness is so much malingering and lying and weird behavior that it's almost impossible to know - as it was with Taylor and Russell - what's really going on.  And what becomes more tricky, mostly for her cast mates but even for viewers, is that criticizing Yolanda can come across as being insensitive to people living with illness.  For my part, I want to be really clear.  I have tremendous sympathy for those living with chronic illness.  I think a lot of times the world can treat people living with illness as "less than" and can discount their experiences, and discount the value of their lives.  That is a terrible thing to endure and I don't want to contribute to anyone's pain.

Nor can I say precisely what Yolanda is feeling, because I'm not Yolanda.  But when I look at her behavior, the behavior I see is someone who is using their situation to control people around them, to draw attention to themselves, to earn a "get out of jail free" card because of all their "suffering". Since her first moment on the show, Yolanda's distinguishing trait has been her moralizing and judgmental behavior, her sort of constant refrain of telling other people how to feel and act, what is right or wrong. And now it feels almost like she is using her illness to insulate herself from the judgment that she is constantly doling out to others (all her bad behavior is tracked back to Lyme Brain), and as another weapon in her arsenal that she can wield in pointing out other people's shortcomings - who is not being sympathetic, because they didn't bring her Starbucks when she was trapped in bed for eighteen months. This is one more way for her to point out how much better she is, and how much worse everyone else is, and it is all according to Yolanda's Moral Code of Right and Wrong.  (The irony that she is trying to paint herself as the moral authority when her best friend on the show is the most vile person who ever graced the franchise, that is something I cannot even begin to understand.)

I think Taylor was finally taken down by the public scorn.  I see the public now still split on Yolanda - between empathy (especially from those who know firsthand the toll that illness can take) and anger (from those who see her manipulations and don't like it, including some people who know true suffering and see something different in Yolanda).  I am interested, I admit it, to see how it plays out over the course of the season. 

P.S. Has anyone ever been more desperate in a scene on this show than Taylor, so incredibly thirsty to be let back into the circle?  It made me nervous and I would have felt bad for her, did I not so thoroughly dislike the woman. 

ETA - To be clear, I agree that I don't want to see this hijack the Season, as Taylor did in Season 2. I wish that they had not brought her back, I DOUBLY wish they had not cast the show around her, and I TRIPLY wish that they were not setting this up as the main storyline.  I guess we are being punished for the high ratings the OC got in the Season of Brooks.

FTR I firmly believe Yolanda is sick.  But these fools are playing right into Bravo's hands.  All they have to do is say, "poor Yolanda is so sick!"  Visit her and mutter, "Poor thing, Is there anything anyone can do for you? Bad Lyme!" and move on and stop mentioning her name. Let them film her a few times with needles in her arm.  How long before Bravo gets bored to death with it?  Instead they make a big hullabaloo about her getting air time and start questioning her "really being sick" and ta da, the whole season is about Yolanda.  So whether Yolanda is sick or not becomes the season all because they couldn't just leave well enough alone.

• Love 8

But these fools are playing right into Bravo's hands.  All they have to do is say, "poor Yolanda is so sick!"  Visit her and mutter, "Poor thing, Is there anything anyone can do for you? Bad Lyme!" and move on and stop mentioning her name. Let them film her a few times with needles in her arm.  How long before Bravo gets bored to death with it?  Instead they make a big hullabaloo about her getting air time and start questioning her "really being sick" and ta da, the whole season is about Yolanda.  So whether Yolanda is sick or not becomes the season all because they couldn't just leave well enough alone.

Yes ma'am!  Same with Kim's Addictions.  For as much as the ladies have a problem with Kim - and soon to be Yolanda - they sure like to kvetch about them a lot.  And that's what the whole season becomes about.

Now, it seems like the majority of the fans like Eileen.  So lets see more of her.  She's got a story, we're just not seeing it.  Kyle, I think is played out, Lisa is just plain overplayed with RH and Vanderpump Rules. So unless Rinna is ready to talk about what Harry did, or the new women bring it, this season looks very predictable.  Why won't they spotlight Eileen, someone that most fans want to see more of?

• Love 6

David (according to some unknown source) and the Foster family also don't really believe Yolanda, per US Weekly

http://jezebel.com/david-foster-apparently-thinks-yolanda-is-exaggerating-1748484230

Yolanda said as much at The Reunion that her family didn't believe her.  For someone who has allegedly gone to 100+ doctors I wonder why the source claims she won't get a second opinion.  Who are these doctors and should they be treating her.  

• Love 2
Don't forget Carlton!

I think we all WANT to forget Carlton. Desperately. 

Kind of bullshit animal lover Lisa didn't want the horse because of the limp.

I think it was more than that. I don't think it was some artificial problem, as in - "He isn't perfect" or "He isn't pretty". I think she was genuinely concerned about his health. They already have a lot of animals, one with health problems for certain (Giggy). So maybe she was apprehensive about them being able to give a lame pony the attention he required. Also, I think she might have worried that situation would only get worse, resulting in her having to put down an animal that Ken would get attached to. All valid concerns, IMO. 

• Love 16

Taylor mentioned immediately that she and LisaR had met before.  How long before those 2 get into a cage match?  Bringing back Taylor definitely ups the ante for Rinna.  That's why we see Munchausen's next week.  If anyone is going to stir the pot on BH it's going to be Rinna dammit!!

FTR I firmly believe Yolanda is sick.  But these fools are playing right into Bravo's hands.  All they have to do is say, "poor Yolanda is so sick!"  Visit her and mutter, "Poor thing, Is there anything anyone can do for you? Bad Lyme!" and move on and stop mentioning her name. Let them film her a few times with needles in her arm.  How long before Bravo gets bored to death with it?  Instead they make a big hullabaloo about her getting air time and start questioning her "really being sick" and ta da, the whole season is about Yolanda.  So whether Yolanda is sick or not becomes the season all because they couldn't just leave well enough alone.

This is what is irksome to me. No one is questioning whether or not Yolanda is sick. Bravo seems to be trying to edit that way, but if you listen to the women and read what they are saying, they all agree that she is sick. What they are questioning is her treatment of her illness and whether or not she was misdiagnosed. These are valid questions, but Bravo is trying to parlay that into an is she or isn't she and it is annoying.

I think we all WANT to forget Carlton. Desperately. 

I think it was more than that. I don't think it was some artificial problem, as in - "He isn't perfect" or "He isn't pretty". I think she was genuinely concerned about his health. They already have a lot of animals, one with health problems for certain (Giggy). So maybe she was apprehensive about them being able to give a lame pony the attention he required. Also, I think she might have worried that situation would only get worse, resulting in her having to put down an animal that Ken would get attached to. All valid concerns, IMO. 

Also with out a vet there to determine what was going on with the pony, how could they risk taking him on a plane and flying him back to California? That would have been completely irresponsible.

• Love 11

I also think both she and Rinna got a shady vibe from the breeder (who now is claiming it was a rescue horse?!)  So there was also the element of rewarding somebody for trying to pull the wool over your eyes.  However sorry you feel for an individual animal, "rescuing" them by buying them simply results in the person creating more sad animals for people to feel sorry for and pity buy.

BRAVO probably wouldn't air such suspicions for legal reasons, but both Lisas are sharp enough to question the "convenience" of the shoes and other decorations meant to hide the defect.  Obviously somebody decided to set the horse through her paces -- if it was one of the Lisas, good for them.  If production, good for them for making them realize there was a problem.  

• Love 5

Yes ma'am! Same with Kim's Addictions. For as much as the ladies have a problem with Kim - and soon to be Yolanda - they sure like to kvetch about them a lot. And that's what the whole season becomes about.

Now, it seems like the majority of the fans like Eileen. So lets see more of her. She's got a story, we're just not seeing it. Kyle, I think is played out, Lisa is just plain overplayed with RH and Vanderpump Rules. So unless Rinna is ready to talk about what Harry did, or the new women bring it, this season looks very predictable. Why won't they spotlight Eileen, someone that most fans want to see more of?

From the season preview, it looks like there is an upcoming drama involving Eileen - the part where she says something about not expecting to be in this situation. Edited by nexxie

Yolanda was being fed info saying that the other HWs have doubts that she is sick, her source was/is Brandi, who wants to cause trouble for the other HWs as pay back for being fired as a full HW because she blames LisaV/Kyle and to a lesser extent, LisaR/Eileen. Yolanda came into this season wanting to make her illness her MAIN story and I don't think the others can avoid it, I don't think she will ALLOW that to happen.

This is what is irksome to me. No one is questioning whether or not Yolanda is sick. Bravo seems to be trying to edit that way, but if you listen to the women and read what they are saying, they all agree that she is sick. What they are questioning is her treatment of her illness and whether or not she was misdiagnosed. These are valid questions, but Bravo is trying to parlay that into an is she or isn't she and it is annoying.

Also with out a vet there to determine what was going on with the pony, how could they risk taking him on a plane and flying him back to California? That would have been completely irresponsible.

IMO, it isn't production/Bravo trying to make this a is she/isn't she ill season, it is Yolanda herself that is doing that AND she is doing it because she had nothing else to offer during filming, Anwar was living with his dad, both daughters are on the east coast and David was already living on his own. She could have gotten the sympathy vote had she admitted she and David were divorcing back during filming but, IMO, she was afraid of what David would do/say ON camera to counter her Poor Little Woe is ME act.

ITA, taking the horse on a plane without the clearance from a vet would be risky.

• Love 6
I also think both she and Rinna got a shady vibe from the breeder (who now is claiming it was a rescue horse?!)  So there was also the element of rewarding somebody for trying to pull the wool over your eyes.  However sorry you feel for an individual animal, "rescuing" them by buying them simply results in the person creating more sad animals for people to feel sorry for and pity buy

Right. They knew Lisa was coming from far away. They should have been upfront about medical issues. 

• Love 7

When Lisa R laughs she looks like a chipmunk. She has really pretty eyes which IMO keep her from looking completely plastic. From what I read, Kim wasn't at the wedding, and Nikki's brother wasn't there either because of legal reasons. I don't know if people remember when Paris was engaged to a prince or something, some international rich guy, and the guy's family wouldn't let him marry Paris because her family wasn't rich/ high class enough. So my thought was they are trying to seem like a family from a good pedigree, and left out all the unsavories. Kim's daughters have famous/ legendary grandfathers, so maybe Mauricio isn't high class enough? I don't know, but I feel it all has to do with image and keeping the guest list impressive. I don't know who Farrah's father is, but he is probably really rich if he was allowed to marry Kyle.

• Love 3

I find the Kim Kathy Kyle drama really intriguing because I am one of three sisters.   I'm also intrigued by the angle that the Hiltons are upset because Mauricio decided to start his own firm .  My question is - do we have a primary source that Mauricio's leaving caused all sorts of drama between the families? or is it just conjecture (reasonable conjecture, but none the less conjecture)? I've seen it discussed a lot on these forums, but I don't recall it ever coming up on the show.  Inquiring minds want to know!

• Love 3

No question on Bella's nose job.

I do think she is stunningly photogenic.  Gigi is beautiful but she almost looks too cute to me in photos whereas Bella really looks like an exotic model.

• Love 3

I find the Kim Kathy Kyle drama really intriguing because I am one of three sisters.   I'm also intrigued by the angle that the Hiltons are upset because Mauricio decided to start his own firm .  My question is - do we have a primary source that Mauricio's leaving caused all sorts of drama between the families? or is it just conjecture (reasonable conjecture, but none the less conjecture)? I've seen it discussed a lot on these forums, but I don't recall it ever coming up on the show.  Inquiring minds want to know!

The only ones that have made the claim there are issues because he started his own RE Agency are Kim and Brandi. Yes, neither is a reliable source but Kathy has tweeted nothing correcting their claims either and she does do "corrective" tweets when it comes to the "family". Also, both Kyle and Mauricio talked about how Rick would feel when he did open the Agency, Kyle said she thought he, Rick, would be hurt but that he would understand because it was business, not personal. She, Kyle, got it wrong, to Rick, business IS personal and family ties do NOT matter as much as money does.

• Love 4

So Kyle explains the Nicky situation-seems her daughters wanted her to go.  Good kids.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-i-am-not-my-sisters

This is kind of an interesting twist Kyle gives Lisar a little slap on the hand for her Kim comments.  She also makes the statement she is not her sister's keeper and she was uncomfortable talking about Kim with two people who are not close to her. 

• Love 4

Apparently party planning is not Kathy's forte-Hilton & Hyland to hold their annual holiday party at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the one Kim is banned fro for life.  http://allthingsrh.com/kathy-hilton-host-party-hotel-kim-richards-arrested/

It's an office Christmas/Holiday party. There's no reason for Kim, and especially Kyle/Mauricio to attend irrespective of the venue.  Hilton/Hyland could've had the party at any one of a number of venues (The Bel Age, The Mandarin, etc.) and Kim/Kyle/Mauricio still would not have been invited.

• Love 2

So Kyle explains the Nicky situation-seems her daughters wanted her to go.  Good kids.  http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/season-6/blogs/kyle-richards/kyle-richards-i-am-not-my-sisters

This is kind of an interesting twist Kyle gives Lisar a little slap on the hand for her Kim comments.  She also makes the statement she is not her sister's keeper and she was uncomfortable talking about Kim with two people who are not close to her. 

Kyle needs to understand that both LisaR and Eileen earned the right to comment about Kim and her latest, and very public escapades, after how Kim treated both women last season. Kim was vicious to both of them even though both tried to befriend and help her, no one deserved to be treated the way Kim did them IMO. Sadly, her blog comes across as more of the same old Richards, sweep it under the rug, tatics that has helped Kim remain an addict for decades. There is NO way that Kyle didn't expect someone to bring up Kim and her latest stunts on the show, NO WAY.    JMO

• Love 21

It's an office Christmas/Holiday party. There's no reason for Kim, and especially Kyle/Mauricio to attend irrespective of the venue.  Hilton/Hyland could've had the party at any one of a number of venues (The Bel Age, The Mandarin, etc.) and Kim/Kyle/Mauricio still would not have been invited.

I would not expect Kyle and Mauricio to be invited nor did I mention them and now because of the venue they don't have to invite Kim.  Kim's daughter Brooke works as a real estate agent for Hilton/Hyland.  Oh here's a thought they could have had the party at the Beverly Hills Hilton-where they had the Season 4 finale of RHOBH.

• Love 4

I wonder what Lisa would say if her daughters wanted to blow up their lips the way she has. (I assume they look a lot how she once looked.)
  • Love 1

Since her first moment on the show, Yolanda's distinguishing trait has been her moralizing and judgmental behavior, her sort of constant refrain of telling other people how to feel and act, what is right or wrong. And now it feels almost like she is using her illness to insulate herself from the judgment that she is constantly doling out to others (all her bad behavior is tracked back to Lyme Brain), and as another weapon in her arsenal that she can wield in pointing out other people's shortcomings - who is not being sympathetic, because they didn't bring her Starbucks when she was trapped in bed for eighteen months. This is one more way for her to point out how much better she is, and how much worse everyone else is, and it is all according to Yolanda's Moral Code of Right and Wrong.  

Just wanted to give this a huge +1! I even nicknamed Yolo the "Reverend Mother" back in the day on these threads (and the name caught on for, like, two whole days!).

Who could forget her sneering of "There is nothing UGLIER than a DRUNK WOMAN." And even Yolo's taglines are morally superior in tone:

Season 3: “I like to have fun, but I don’t play games.”

Season 4: "Don’t tell me you’re my friend, act like one."

Season 5: "Character isn’t what you have, it’s who you are."

Season 6: "Fake friends believe rumors, real friends believe in you."

So perfect for her. I do believe she was / is sick, but I believe she is squeezing every last ounce out of her situation. And that picture of her head sticking out of that portable sauna -- I just CAN NOT!

• Love 13

Kyle needs to understand that both LisaR and Eileen earned the right to comment about Kim and her latest, and very public escapades, after how Kim treated both women last season. Kim was vicious to both of them even though both tried to befriend and help her, no one deserved to be treated the way Kim did them IMO. Sadly, her blog comes across as more of the same old Richards, sweep it under the rug, tatics that has helped Kim remain an addict for decades. There is NO way that Kyle didn't expect someone to bring up Kim and her latest stunts on the show, NO WAY.    JMO

Oh I think they had the right to bring it up to Kyle just as she had the right to be uncomfortable.  Lisar and Eileen have every reason to despise Kim, probably should not include Kyle in the conversation.  Kyle not wanting to talk about it has ZERO to do with Kim's addiction.  They are very separate issues.  Kim's addiction is hers alone.  Sorry I can't hand Kim an excuse.

• Love 10