Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Where Is The Love Boat

• Start Topic

I've heard it called a death trap, crystal lake, etc for years because of all the people who die out there. Between boat accidents and drownings, it does seem to be bad luck.

Lake Lanier is the lake where Usher Raymond's stepson was killed in that boat/jet ski accident in 2012.  :-(

• Love 2

I laughed out loud at Phaedra calling Lake Lanier a morgue, a bad place to be. Girl.... you forget you had that big birthday party for Mr. President when he turned 1, with 12 cakes (one for each month) and everybody was bussed in from Atlanta.

And I've never heard anyone call the lake that, and I've been going there on boats all my life.

I've heard it called a death trap, crystal lake, etc for years because of all the people who die out there. Between boat accidents and drownings, it does seem to be bad luck.

Well Phaedra ought to know she is a mortician.

• Love 1

I hate to say it but Cynthia could go ten rounds against Hitler and Stalin and I would still have a hard time rooting for her as long as she is with Peter.  He clearly has decided this is as far as he getting show-wise and has decided to put just enough effort to still let the cameras fluff his ego and that is it.  I think he holds Cynthia partly responsible for whatever silliness he thought he was going to glorify himself with in regards to some kind of spin off.  He has checked out but he didn't stop by the desk to pay the bill.  The day the the cameras stop rolling for Cynthia is the day he mails back the key card and has all hismail forwarded to Charlotte.  Or wherever the next place he can attach himself to in his financial favor.

Sad me though kidn of wishes he did get that show.  I so want cameras to be there when Cordell sits down with his accountant and they slowly in small words explain just how much Peter has enjoyed on Cordell's dime.

Kandi really is a fool.  I want the cameras also there in the delivery room when he and Todd fight for the chair next to screaming and pushing Kandi.  I can see it now:

Todd;  push honey

Don Juan" no breathe

Todd: I said push

Don Juan: breathe

Doctor: shut the fuck up both of you, she had the baby an hour ago

• Love 15

Don Juan going on and on about how the housewives act.  He acts out for camera time more than the peach carrying housewives.  He actually seems to be in more scenes with Kandi than Todd is.  I'm surprised he wasn't at the doctor's visit with them.  I almost wish mama Joyce would come on and put him in his place.  Notice I said "almost". 

That Dylan is a little spitfire isn't he!  Seems Phaedra is always having to tell him to stop being aggressive with Ayden.  Lol

Edited by swankie
  • Love 10

It's not the way I saw it last week, but I think Porsha turned things physical.  She kept poking her fingers in Cynthia's face.  Not simply a sassy wagging finger way, it was something I'd find aggressive.

And I felt Kenya was freaking out and escalating everything on the boat.  She acted like they had pinned down Freddy Kruger or something.  Like Porsha would stand up and start randomly attacking all the women.  

I concur. It took one or two men to immobilize an enraged Porsha, who was repeatedly screaming "let me at her!" (or something to that effect).

I did laugh a little at how Tammy went into hiding below deck and no one noticed her missing until after the fight.

I saw 2 or 3 guys holding her down, and Porsha still saying "I gotta go get her!!" And she kept screaming. Sheree saying "Girl....shut up" in her TH was the best advice of all. If she had gotten loose, I think she would have attacked Cynthia.

When it takes several men to hold a woman down until she calms down, that's a woman I don't want to be around. Ever.

Things are bad when Sheree is the voice of reason!

Kenya's outfit looked like handkerchiefs held together with safety pins. It looked like a Project Runway losing outfit. It might be the worst thing I've ever seen a Housewife from any city wear.

It reminded me of a "Snatch Game" ep of RuPaul's show that aired earlier in which one of the contestants walked the runway dressed like a jellyfish.

I watched WWHL to see what Nene had to say about this, but alas, she was uncharacteristically silent about it.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2

i had forgotten that Porsha started the tone of physical aggression with the "You don't want me to get up...if I do, it's going to be a problem" mess. She was ready and willing for it to go there. They were both doing hand waving but what set Cynthia to grab Porshas wrist/move her arm was when P breached that line and went over C's hands to finger point almost onto her forehead. She deliberately invaded Cynthia's personal space aggressively. When Cynthia grabbed and said get your hands out of my face, and Porsha towered over her, already having made the veiled verbal threat AND invaded her space after being asked to leave...I can understand delivering that solid vagina buster. I can't just let you loom your big ass over me after your track record and just hope you don't do anything. No, ma'am, I'm getting you up and away from me with the quickness and by any means necessary. That would've just been a physical reaction for me. I can't just lay there open to attack from someone who has proven they have no problem assaulting others.

Cynthia was all in her feelings and reacted poorly to Porsha's comment, but the physical crap is all on Porsha. She was ready to turn that up and play rough from the start. Boohoo about your bruises. The worst ones (arm, leg) were from you having to be restrained and bucking violently, not Cynthia. Sorry, Porsha of the non apologies ("if you need an apology, it's on the table"?), Kenya being an asshole about Shamea has no bearing on your aggressive behavior. Save those lies for your sycophants - looks like Shamea is replacing Lauren in that respect. Sorry, hopefully your sponsor is losing her peach again, you ain't getting one, boo. 

I never thought an outfit could be too much fabric and too little fabric all at once. I need Brandon to snatch that out of Kenya's closet, and burn it, pronto. That little lecture she tried to deliver to Porsha needed to be left at home, and I can completely understand the 'I don't trust you, you're not a friend' vibe she was giving. I'm glad Kandi called her out.

Todd keeps it together a little better, but I think that deep down, he's cut from the same bitch ass cloth as Apollo and Peter. The clock is ticking on him. I used to think Don Juan didn't know his lane...it's not that, it's just that Kandi has given him free reign. He's another Joyce.

Kim, girl, spend this check wisely and don't let this ratchetry take over your life!

It may be cute now, but Ayden has a mouth on him. Phaedra better keep an eye out.

I forgot how Sheree served style. She pretty much always is event appropriate and looks comfortably chic.

Edited by cooksdelight
Removing future episode/spoiler information
  • Love 16

My friend forced me to watch this with her. Not having watched the show in a long time, with the exception of reunion bits, I offer the following observations:

Phaedra seems drugged, compared to her first season or two. The babies are precious.

Cynthia seems lost and floundering, which happens to some beautiful women as they age. Her appearance is becoming kind of strange. And there doesn't seem to be anything going on inside her head - is anyone in there?

Todd is on the Househusband's Business Plan: marry, leverage the Housewife's fame for business purposes, exit with more money than you'd have been able to make on your own. In this case, he may have elected to execute Option A: have a kid and finagle child support when he leaves the marriage. I thought he seemed disgusted at the mechanics of the ultrasound and that's why he left the room.

Where did all those men come from when the fight went down on the boat? I assumed the one who threw himself on top of Porsha was a field producer, but we were wondering about a couple guys who were wearing all black. Caterers?

When did they all go get boob jobs?

• Love 2

My take on this episode

The whole fight was just so unnecessary and yes, I feel both Cynthia and Porsha were wrong in this.  Cynthia especially because she reved it up to eleven with overreacting to her perceived disrespect from Porsha and Porsha by not walking away when it was so obvious Cynthia was not trying to listen to her.  I saw the kick and no, I would have reacted exactly like Porsha at that point.  You kick me in the stomach and I will try to beat your Azz down.

However, the guy holding Porsha down was coming off rather perverted.  Of course we know they took Porsha to the hospital to make sure she was alright but I wanted to kick Kenya’s sorry azz for acting like Porsha just went off and was attacking people randomly.  That entire grandstanding she did was just pissing me off. Even Kandi was side eyeing her for that.  Kim crying was just so fake that I just can’t with her.  She obviously knew how ROHA was by her own statement that she hoped Kenya doesn’t take the wheel of the boat (like she did in Anguilla).  I will give her a slight pass as seeing it on TV isn’t the same as seeing live and close up.

Because of how Kenya handled the whole thing, trying to place full blame on Porsha and the fact that the whole reason for the boat trip was pretty much ruined, I would have left with Porsha and Shamea.  However, Kandi and Kim chose to stay.  The funny thing is that Cynthia’s “friend” Tammy was MIA during the entire thing.  One reviewer stated she looked high.  She also didn’t seem all that concerned with Cynthia “plight.”  The Cynthia calls Peachter to come home because he is her “rock?”  She was just using the situation just the get him to actually come home.

The retelling of the incident was just funny to me.  Porsha acting like an invalid nursing her bruised stomach and getting sympathy food from Mommy and friends; Phaedra and Kim basically exchanging what they saw and heard.  Kenya still blaming Porsha exclusively for everything and Kandi telling Sheree her perspective on  it all and none actually stating what Porsha actually said to Cynthia to make her go off.  All but Kenya agreed that Cynthia took it way off left field when it was not meant to be.

Then there was Cynthia with Peachter (who looked a bit annoyed that he had to come home) her version of what happened.  He rightly told her she did probably hurt Porsha and should apologize for that.  She was incensed that he went that route but when he also said that she probably took her personal issues out on Porsha.  She didn’t really agree but did reiterate that she wanted to work on their marriage.  To that, he pretty much told her they would work better if they didn’t see each other too often like three times a week…Sounded like he basically checked out of the marriage.  Once again Cynthia dismisses all the signs and acts like Porsha’s “outburst” might have solidified her marriage.  I guess much like dropping Nene as a friend improved her marriage.

Kenya meeting up with Porsha to accuse and talk down to her didn’t quite go as she expected.  It was like she was trying hard to piss Porsha off enough to get her to pop off like she did at the reunion.  Porsha saw through all that and pretty much dismissed her and was about to leave when Kenya realized she had to take a different approach.  Porsha rightfully decided to talk with Cynthia directly and end the whole mess.  Also not what Kenya was hoping for.   I still feel Kenya is trying hard to get Porsha kicked off the show.

Kenya is trying hard as she can to paint Porsha as, psychotic aggressive and unable to handle her anger which pisses me off as Porsha demonstrated a great deal of restraint until she was pushed too far.  It’s like Kenya won’t let go of the reunion situation that she herself caused and still won’t own up to.  She continues to play the victim and keep bringing it up every chance she gets.

Kudo to Kandi for calling Kenya out on the bullcrap.  While Porsha and Cynthia are sitting down like intelligent grown adults and ironing out the misunderstanding, Kenya once again is throwing blame for everything that happened on the boat on Porsha and Shamea.  So I suspect that Kandi will now be on Kenya’s s**t list now.

Porsha and Cynthia ended the matter almost instantly by both admitting their parts in the altercation and putting it to rest.

Thank goodness they didn’t have Kenya mediate.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 22

First, I just have to say I am loving Kim Fields so so much! Any girl who brings a book on an outing is alright in my book. (I always have my Kindle, because you never know when I'm going to need to read.) And I just love her no-drama attitude. She's got kids at home, who she enjoys being with, she doesn't have time for a bunch of BS. Put your shit out on the table and let's move on. Also, her face when all the girls were tardy? Killed me!

I'm so over Porsha at this point. I guess she did the right thing by smoothing things over with Cynthia, but her penchant for getting physical isn't lost on me. I feel like Cynthia is going through a very rough time personally and she did overreact, so I'm glad she admitted it. But I just rolled my eyes so hard when she said she had to call her Peter and get him to come home, because he's "her rock". Um okay. Since when? Was he your rock when you had fibroids? And he couldn't wait to leave the country and go bang some other women who weren't laid up in pain?And sure enough, he comes home and you guys just get into another fight. Honestly, I felt that was more on Cynthia, but it just shows that they are not on the same page at all. 

I will say this about Porsha - the short bob she has in her THs looks SO much better than any other hairstyle I've seen on her. 

I felt really squicky when Bravo did the commercial cliffhanger over the state of Kandi's baby's heartbeat. That was just gross. Also, was editing off? Did they hear it before Todd went outside? Because who would decide to just go take a phone call when you're concerned about your baby??? If that was really the case, I'd put his ass in the guest house. 

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Phaedra's kids and I am not bored at all just watching her at home with the two of them. 

• Love 3
When it takes several men to hold a woman down until she calms down, that's a woman I don't want to be around. Ever.

Agreed. And, IMO, that's clearly how Porsha got any injuries she had, not from Cynthia. 

• Love 7

A couple of things I noticed last night:

When Porsha and Cynthia were "making up" away from the other women - it seemed to me that all the women clapped when they saw them hug each other ~~ EXCEPT for Kenya.  I think Kenya may have been hoping for a different outcome - more fighting, maybe?  Kenya is clearly trying to set up allies or "her camp", starting with (and probably ending with) Cynthia.  

Kenya was not thrilled at all that Kandi called her out on her behavior - good for Kandi for speaking in a calm voice about something that is usually not addressed until the Reunion while they are all screaming at each other.

Does anyone else think that Cynthia looks stoned during some of her talking head comments?  I was screaming at the TV last night - "Open your damn eyes, girl!" Either she is stoned or her stupid fake eyelashes are so heavy that they're weighing down her eyelids.  

• Love 8

I thought Porsha did the right thing the first time when she let Cynthia walk away to cool off.  Porsha didn't want to go after her until everyone was saying that she needed to go apologize and even then she was very reluctant to go over.  

And WTF was up with Cynthia saying that the fight has made her marriage stronger?!!  Is it because you gave an innocent person the ass whippin that you really wanted to give Peter?  That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Can you imagine going to a marriage counselor and they tell you....oh you're husband is an ass....go start a totally unnecessary physical fight with someone who has nothing to do with your marriage, kick them around a bit and when you come home your marriage will be much stronger.  HA!

• Love 17

Re Peter and Cynthia...I wonder what happened between the single tear, a man and a woman cleaved together conversation and this mostly indifferent Peter? Maybe he just knows that playing it like that gets Cynthia clingy. His attitude change really stood out to me.

I didn't think Kim was faking being upset. Even having watched the show, that's a lot to take in person. She seems to have a mellow life, home with her kids and hubby, then to have all this crazy going on is a big difference.

It's always so stupid to me when these women try to throw shade about age like they don't have birthdays every year. When Shamea and Porsha were pulling off, one of them said something about a tired party for tired old ladies. Y'all sure were turning up at that tired party, huh?

I want to know the story with Tammy and why her eyes were so red when they went below deck. I don't know of any drugs that will do that, and it didn't look like weed eye to me.

Edited by sunsheyen
  • Love 2
And WTF was up with Cynthia saying that the fight has made her marriage stronger?!!  Is it because you gave an innocent person the ass whippin that you really wanted to give Peter?  That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Can you imagine going to a marriage counselor and they tell you....oh you're husband is an ass....go start a totally unnecessary physical fight with someone who has nothing to do with your marriage, kick them around a bit and when you come home your marriage will be much stronger.  HA!

I really liked Cynthia when she first came on, with her beauty and her style.  Now, I am beginning to feel that she is just not very smart.  I mean Porsha is ditsy and ignorant about black history, but Cynthia does not have life skills.  I hear this is not uncommon for women who become successful models at a young age.  Cynthia should be doing cameos on "Empire" like Naomi Campbell and hanging out with Heidi Klum at her Halloween party.  I know Cynthia was not a name supermodel like those two, but she was pretty successful in her own right (look for young Cynthia making a cameo on the Cosby Show).

Instead she is killing herself with worry as her "ain't worth shit" husband drains her emotionally and financially.

I have to say some of this reminds of when Britney Spears married Kevin Federline.  The guy was a totally loser, but she was crazy about him.  The reason that I bring this up is that the way Federline treated Britney was very similar to the way Peter treats Cynthia.  Both women were probably used to men doting on them to some degree and maybe that's why, when a guy is rude to them, they get fascinated by the treatment?  I am obviously drawing at straws to why Cynthia puts up with this man.

Lake Lanier

I grew up in Atlanta. Lake Lanier is a beautiful place.  However, it is a man made lake and they flooded forests to make the lake.  The rumor was that the lake does not give up its dead (where in most bodies of water a dead body floats to the top).  So, people always had urban legends of dead bodies being stuck in that lake.

This was all just stupid talk, so it might not be true.

• Love 5
I want to know the story with Tammy and why her eyes were so red when they went below deck. I don't know of any drugs that will do that, and it didn't look like weed eye to me.

According to Kandi on Twitter, it was due to Tammy swimming around the time of the fight.

RT @Muirragui: @Kandi why was Tammy's eyes so blood shot??? Lol #RHOA<- she was swimming in the lake before the fight happened.

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 2

I find most of Kenya's fashion choices to be inappropriate for her body, her age and her constant claims that she is a "classy woman", but that was one of the worst things I've seen on a housewife anywhere, any franchise.

But, I also thought that Cynthia's outfit for that brunch was terrible, as well.  That drindl skirt maxi thing looked horrible, and then paired with a baseball tee with her own picture printed on it??  Seriously??  

Sheree's outfit was very suitable.  She is making some great fashion choices (except for her outfit at Cynthia's sunglass party).

When ya'll finish dragging that romper, could you throw that Ariel ass crinkly thing from the talk with Porsha and that lilac colored I don't know what from her TH in the bond fire drum too please.  I think I'm mad because her body shouldn't actually be that hard to fit - IF she stopped shopping in juniors.   She wants to do that thing with her upper body that only looks good on women with dainty cleavage and she's too front heavy for that. 

i had forgotten that Porsha started the tone of physical aggression with the "You don't want me to get up...if I do, it's going to be a problem" mess. She was ready and willing for it to go there. They were both doing hand waving but what set Cynthia to grab Porshas wrist/move her arm was when P breached that line and went over C's hands to finger point almost onto her forehead. She deliberately invaded Cynthia's personal space aggressively. When Cynthia grabbed and said get your hands out of my face, and Porsha towered over her, already having made the veiled verbal threat AND invaded her space after being asked to leave...I can understand delivering that solid vagina buster. I can't just let you loom your big ass over me after your track record and just hope you don't do anything. No, ma'am, I'm getting you up and away from me with the quickness and by any means necessary. That would've just been a physical reaction for me. I can't just lay there open to attack from someone who has proven they have no problem assaulting others.

Cynthia was all in her feelings and reacted poorly to Porsha's comment, but the physical crap is all on Porsha. She was ready to turn that up and play rough from the start. Boohoo about your bruises. The worst ones (arm, leg) were from you having to be restrained and bucking violently, not Cynthia. Sorry, Porsha of the non apologies ("if you need an apology, it's on the table"?), Kenya being an asshole about Shamea has no bearing on your aggressive behavior. Save those lies for your sycophants - looks like Shamea is replacing Lauren in that respect. Sorry, hopefully your sponsor is losing her peach again, you ain't getting one, boo. Now with the recently reported THIRD on camera physical altercation involving Porsha, will that be what it takes to get this fool off our screens?

I never thought an outfit could be too much fabric and too little fabric all at once. I need Brandon to snatch that out of Kenya's closet, and burn it, pronto. That little lecture she tried to deliver to Porsha needed to be left at home, and I can completely understand the 'I don't trust you, you're not a friend' vibe she was giving. I'm glad Kandi called her out.

Todd keeps it together a little better, but I think that deep down, he's cut from the same bitch ass cloth as Apollo and Peter. The clock is ticking on him. I used to think Don Juan didn't know his lane...it's not that, it's just that Kandi has given him free reign. He's another Joyce.

Kim, girl, spend this check wisely and don't let this ratchetry take over your life!

It may be cute now, but Ayden has a mouth on him. Phaedra better keep an eye out.

I forgot how Sheree served style. She pretty much always is event appropriate and looks comfortably chic.

1.  all these words

2.  hatechu for life because: solid vagina buster

3.  same bitch ass cloth.  can we please talk about this some more? what has happened? I mean, it's not either of his daughters on the phone right, why is he leaving the room during an ultrasound?  I can even understand a man not consciously understanding until that moment where that big ass wand is finna go.  However, if that's a problem, they'll need to reconfigure the labor and delivery plan, today.   I missed the first half of the episode so maybe I tuned in after whatever he said to her right before he left...?  anybody?  was it something like I have to take this?  because most men know this is not a moment to leave the room, right? right? ya'll?

I would have done the same thing Cynthia did. If someone grabs my hand, stands up and towers over me and come at me I'm using whatever available limb I have to get you up off and away from me. To me Porsha was the aggressor and when she told her mom and Shamea about apologizing to Cynthia, I didn't hear no damn apology. Porsha told Cynthia she wasn't apologizing because she felt she didn't do anything wrong. Porsha trying to get some sympathy points. 

Porsha took time off from work because she had some bruises LMAO. Please I've gone to work with stye on my eye, cat scratches from when my cat scratched me the hell up and bruises. Porsha continues to make me wanna ram a hot iron in her face.

Don Juan STFU and stop getting all rude with Kandi. He's acting like Kandi went bungee jumping or something. Kandi should have told him to shut up.

IDK why Kim signed on to this show. I like her as she's grounded and not drama filled but RHOA is just not for her. I think she might wanna quit before she gets fired for not providing any drama whatsoever.

WTF was Kenya wearing at that one on one meeting with Porsha?? Shit looked like she snatched curtains off the window and just put it on or she fell down the stairs with curtains and just went with it.

I kind of laughed at Kandi calling Kenya out, because this coming from a woman who can't open her mouth to set her mother straight, let's Don Juan talk to her any kind of way, barely calls out Todd on his behavior, so whatever.

The major thing with this group that would piss me off is their damn lateness. Barely anyone can show up, if I planned anything I would say the time is 2:30p when in reality it's really 4:30p that way everyone is on time.

Production shenaniganery or no, this was proof to me that despite Kim's reference to Kenya taking the wheel, she has not seen this show before lol.  She looked genuinely pissed waiting at that lunch table by herself and then when Kandi sat down I damn near laughed out loud when she almost broke the fourth wall tambout, I have other things (tv shows and shit) to do (and they actually are on a schedule).  I said yeah, she ain't never seen nothing like this group in action before.

It sounds like I missed a bunch of good stuff in the first half.   Back after rewatch.

• Love 1

Kenya wants so badly to be the queen bee and it's just not happening. Foiled again. She's just not an alpha the way Nene was. Nobody likes Kenya. It's like she doesn't inspire loyalty, respect, or trust. All she's good for is the occasional zinger, and even those seem rehearsed most of the time. She needs to go on and give up that dream.

• Love 14

I watched WWHL to see what Nene had to say about this, but alas, she was uncharacteristically silent about it.

Nene admitted she is friends with Cynthia again and is also friends with Porsha.  She didn't want to alienate either one of them with her answer.

First, I just have to say I am loving Kim Fields so so much! Any girl who brings a book on an outing is alright in my book.

The sad thing is that doing things like this will probably get Kim fired for sure.  Bravo sets up these outings for the women to interact and hopefully (in Bravo's eyes) to incite some kind of drama.  If all of the other housewives took Kim's lead, just think how boring it would be to watch a boat ride with a bunch of women lounging and reading their books.

Now with the recently reported THIRD on camera physical altercation involving Porsha, will that be what it takes to get this fool off our screens?

When I read the article I thought it said that unfortunately the 3rd fight involving Porsha wasn't caught by Bravo cameras.  I have to say though, I would be very surprised to see Porsha back next season after this one.

Agreed. And, IMO, that's clearly how Porsha got any injuries she had, not from Cynthia.

I don't agree.  I am about Porsha's complexion and we show bruises easily.  Getting kicked in the stomach is definitely going to leave a mark.

And WTF was up with Cynthia saying that the fight has made her marriage stronger?!!  Is it because you gave an innocent person the ass whippin that you really wanted to give Peter?  That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Can you imagine going to a marriage counselor and they tell you....oh you're husband is an ass....go start a totally unnecessary physical fight with someone who has nothing to do with your marriage, kick them around a bit and when you come home your marriage will be much stronger.  HA!

This!  Cynthia sure has no problem laying the blame for her marriage problems on others.  At first she said that losing Nene as a friend saved her marriage.  Now's she's saying beating Porsha's ass has saved it.  How about holding your asshole husband accountable for his bullshit and making him straighten up his act or else in order to save your marriage?  Cynthia is so stupid.  Next thing you know she'll be blaming little Dylan for her marriage woes.  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 8

Actually I would love for Kim to make her outing a reading group and watch the rest of the knuckleheads try to read a real actual book.  None of them, not even Phaedra for all her education, seems very literate.  Yes they can read words, but actually comprehend it?  That I would like to see.  As stupid as Porsha is, Kandi seems the one I am most disappointed in.  I'm not sure how much of Porsha is an inculcated level of ignorance as part of the whole 'how to be a trophy wife' attitude she came on the show with.  But Kandi actually seems to avoid anything that broadens her intellect.  Anything that might expand her knowledge.  I can't help but suspect it is a defense mechanism against her mother and her family.  I think that despite the fact she is the financial foundation they all rest on, they have made sure to knock her down if they think she is getting too "full" of herself.  I remember that creature that birthed her saying something about fancy words.  Kandi.  Being scorned for using fancy words.  Kandi....

• Love 6

I tapped out of RHOATL at the beginning of whatever season it was where Apollo finally came clean on lying about Kenya's texts. For whatever reason, I tuned in last night, and all I could say while watching was, "Why did Kim Fields sign on? What does she hope to get out of this?" This show is so not for her, and it's made abundantly clear by the fact that she brought a book for the Lake Lanier trip. Ma'am, this isn't really that kind of day on the lake you're thinking--not with these particular women on the show, anyhow.

Also, what happened with Phaedra and Kandi? Kandi commented in a TH about their friendship while they were waiting for Porsha and the rest to arrive at the "make up" brunch. They're no longer thick as thieves?

Cynthia was all in her feelings and reacted poorly to Porsha's comment, but the physical crap is all on Porsha. She was ready to turn that up and play rough from the start. Boohoo about your bruises. The worst ones (arm, leg) were from you having to be restrained and bucking violently, not Cynthia. Sorry, Porsha of the non apologies ("if you need an apology, it's on the table"?), Kenya being an asshole about Shamea has no bearing on your aggressive behavior. Save those lies for your sycophants - looks like Shamea is replacing Lauren in that respect. Sorry, hopefully your sponsor is losing her peach again, you ain't getting one, boo. 

The entire section in bold is how I feel about what happened on that boat. And man, I eye rolled so hard when Porsha claimed that she apologized. Porsha, no you didn't. You don't know how to apologize, so why go around telling folks that you were apologizing to Cynthia before the brawl broke out? Like, even at the make up brunch, she couldn't apologize. Saying, "If you need an apology, it's on the table" is not an apology, dammit.

I still really can't stand that chick. 

• Love 7

Kim Fields does fit the profile of the thirsty, stupid,

The sad thing is that doing things like this will probably get Kim fired for sure.  Bravo sets up these outings for the women to interact and hopefully (in Bravo's eyes) to incite some kind of drama.  If all of the other housewives took Kim's lead, just think how boring it would be to watch a boat ride with a bunch of women lounging and reading their books.

Kim ended up with her book anyway - and Sheree ask if she had another one.  In hindsight, Cynthia and Porsha probably wish the trip was more about just lounging around and relaxing.

Kim Fields doesn't fit the profile of the thirsty, stupid, no talents on this show.

• Love 2

Also, what happened with Phaedra and Kandi? Kandi commented in a TH about their friendship while they were waiting for Porsha and the rest to arrive at the "make up" brunch. They're no longer thick as thieves?

Last season, or maybe before, when Phaedra and Apollo were having problems and he was going to jail, Phaedra said that Kandi didn't "reach out" to her like NeNe did. NeNe became Phaedra's BFF and they were talking smack about Kandi, causing her to cry. It was a long drawn out storyline that got boring real quick.

• Love 3

Last season, or maybe before, when Phaedra and Apollo were having problems and he was going to jail, Phaedra said that Kandi didn't "reach out" to her like NeNe did. NeNe became Phaedra's BFF and they were talking smack about Kandi, causing her to cry. It was a long drawn out storyline that got boring real quick.

Piggybacking/elaborating.  Kandi was particularly put out by the fact that Phaedra had befriended a woman they both really couldn't stand.  So not only was she talking shit with her new BFF, but whom that BFF was, was evidence of Phay's disloyalty.   Kandi and Todd are housing some of Apollo's shit in their garage and Phaedra's finding that out after the fact and it kinda burns her.   Turnabout sucks.

• Love 2

Regarding Tammy's red eyes below deck  - There was something about the expression on her face that led me to think she had been crying.  I have no idea why she would have been crying, but she looked sad.  Something wasn't right there.  Since when do someone's eyes get that red when swimming in a lake?  That looked worse than chlorine-red.   

• Love 2

I hate to say it but Cynthia could go ten rounds against Hitler and Stalin and I would still have a hard time rooting for her as long as she is with Peter.  He clearly has decided this is as far as he getting show-wise and has decided to put just enough effort to still let the cameras fluff his ego and that is it.  I think he holds Cynthia partly responsible for whatever silliness he thought he was going to glorify himself with in regards to some kind of spin off.  He has checked out but he didn't stop by the desk to pay the bill.  The day the the cameras stop rolling for Cynthia is the day he mails back the key card and has all hismail forwarded to Charlotte.  Or wherever the next place he can attach himself to in his financial favor.

Sad me though kidn of wishes he did get that show.  I so want cameras to be there when Cordell sits down with his accountant and they slowly in small words explain just how much Peter has enjoyed on Cordell's dime.

What show are you talking about? What does Cordell have to do with Uncle Ben? Is he an investor in the Charlotte business? I must be out of the loop :D

• Love 1

True. But we never actually saw her reading, did we? She was interacting with the other girls. I think she just brought it as backup, in case there was downtime and she was bored. A bit naive, maybe, but I found it quirky and adorable.

I don't agree.  I am about Porsha's complexion and we show bruises easily.  Getting kicked in the stomach is definitely going to leave a mark.

I'm not sure if complexion is the sole factor. I'm a very pale white girl and I bruise very easily, but my sisters (who are just as pale as me) don't.  I think there is more to it. I'm not saying it's 100% impossible Cynthia left a mark, but Porsha was showing off injuries all over her body. And when you've got grown men having to hold you down and you're struggling against them, I think that's more likely to leave a bruise than a woman with no shoes on kicking you out of her personal space.

• Love 8

Piggybacking/elaborating.  Kandi was particularly put out by the fact that Phaedra had befriended a woman they both really couldn't stand.  So not only was she talking shit with her new BFF, but whom that BFF was, was evidence of Phay's disloyalty.   Kandi and Todd are housing some of Apollo's shit in their garage and Phaedra's finding that out after the fact and it kinda burns her.   Turnabout sucks.

Thank you, ladies, for that recap! I could definitely see how that would cause some friction if Phaedra decided that she was going to befriend Nene (as though Phaedra and Nene never had issues, too?! Wasn't there a time when Nene was doing the whole "I never knew/knew of Phaedra in Athens, GA" only to turn around and claim that Phaedra was known as whatever back in high school?). Also, oy on storing some of Apollo's stuff.

I was mentally giving Kandi all the high-fives for calling Kenya out on her foolishness at the brunch.  And while I 100% concur that her dreadful "romper" was the worst thing ever (and I 90% hate her), I do have to give her props and say that she looked very pretty in that scene where she was sitting on her bed talking to Cynthia on the phone. 

ridethemaverick, on 06 Dec 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

QuoteI need to watch again because I was distracted but for now I'll just day it's weird how that producer acts towards Porsha. Last time he carried her like a princess and this time he laid on top of her. Side-eying him hard right now LOL.

Are we sure it was the same producer?

swankie, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

To me Kim proved that she watches the show when she asked if Kenya would be driving the boat.  We know she's at least watched the episode where Kenya took over the wheel of that boat and shouted, "Hold on to your weaves!!!!!"  Also, did anyone else notice that when Kim complained about all of the "boobage" on the show, the producers showed clips of Kenya's cleavage, Marlo's cleavage and the last one they showed was Kim's own cleavage in that dress she wore to Kenya's hair product party.  I howled!  She'd better watch out because if she keeps playing this innocent ingénue the editors are going to start targeting her and piecing together some compromising situations involving her.  She's being a little too goody goody for her own good.

Has Kim stated that she didn't watch the previous season? 

In any case, I'd say it's also a possibility that Kim asked Kenya that because she kept calling it "her" boat!

mbaywife123, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

QuoteOh but there is.
Can't figure out any simple things or problems on their own. Lashing out in anger follows, either verbal or physical.
It's all about "me " and how I was done wrong and then use the cell to call or text to make it someone else's problem.
I have to deal with this at work every day and it is getting beyond rediculous.

I know people like that, and it ain't a generational thing. Selfish, incompetent people come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. 

cooksdelight, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

I laughed out loud at Phaedra calling Lake Lanier a morgue, a bad place to be. Girl.... you forget you had that big birthday party for Mr. President when he turned 1, with 12 cakes (one for each month) and everybody was bussed in from Atlanta.

And I've never heard anyone call the lake that, and I've been going there on boats all my life.

I thought the 12 cakes were for Ayden's first bday?  And the party was at a pool/ aquatic center, right?  Definitely not the same thing as being out on the lake.

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5

Favorite quote of the night "where is Tammy? She fall overboard?" Then Kandi and Sheree looked into the water. I laughed out loud!

Sheree had all the best moments! What's up with that? I loved when Kim said she wanted to talk to her kids and read a book, and Sheree said "You got another book?" 

• Love 8

I was mentally giving Kandi all the high-fives for calling Kenya out on her foolishness at the brunch.  And while I 100% concur that her dreadful "romper" was the worst thing ever (and I 90% hate her), I do have to give her props and say that she looked very pretty in that scene where she was sitting on her bed talking to Cynthia on the phone. 

ridethemaverick, on 06 Dec 2015 - 10:55 PM, said:

Are we sure it was the same producer?

swankie, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

Has Kim stated that she didn't watch the previous season? 

In any case, I'd say it's also a possibility that Kim asked Kenya that because she kept calling it "her" boat!

mbaywife123, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:46 PM, said:

I know people like that, and it ain't a generational thing. Selfish, incompetent people come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. 

cooksdelight, on 06 Dec 2015 - 11:59 PM, said:

I thought the 12 cakes were for Ayden's first bday?  And the party was at a pool/ aquatic center, right?  Definitely not the same thing as being out on the lake.

It was indeed at an aquatic center.  She even had the folk do a whale performance for the attendees

• Love 1

I was completed distracted during the entire Kenya/Porsha sit-down by the people behind them. You could see how the editors rearranged the hell out of that conversation, because the people kept changing...it was a middle-aged white woman alone behind Kenya, and then her family showed up at some point and her husband kept looking over his shoulder directly at the camera and then you blinked and the woman was alone again and then a second later it was an Asian girl, mid-meal. How the hell long were they there? No wonder they were late for the brunch!

Also, they were ridiculously overdressed.

Yeah, the sheer awfulness of Kenya's jumpsuit is matched by the horror of that pink/purple top she's wearing in her interviews. That shit is about to bust open any second!

• Love 9

That puncture wound/Cynthia's foot shade would've worked better if Claudia had been the one kicking Porsha.

From what Kandi said/implied in her TH, this wasn't the first time Todd has left the appointment to take a call.  So Kandi has only 2 choices to make at this point:

• Tell Todd to turn his phone off during doctor appointments (which he should be doing anyway)
  • Tell Todd to wait in the lobby until after her appointment is finished

There's no real point to Todd coming up in Dr. Jackie's/Specialist's office with Kandi if he's going to leave all the time.  Nothing Todd is doing is that important that it couldn't wait after a 20 minute doctor visit, but if HE thinks it's so important, he needs to sit in the lobby and take the calls instead of jumping up and leaving Kandi every time he gets a text.

That whole situation would not have happened if Kenya wasn't acting like a spoiled child getting mad and trying to throw someone off the boat.  She keeps saying that Shamea was the one being negative when Kenya started the whole cruise off being classless and tasteless and throwing shade saying Shamea wasn't invited and calling her and Tammy strays.  What hostess does that shit?!  Did she really expect the girl to not come back at her?

Porsha & Cynthia acting like fools has nothing to do with Kenya.  Cynthia is pushing 50; Porsha is not a little girl anymore.  Kenya didn't make Cynthia overreact, Kenya didn't make Porsha talk about "Don't make me get up or there's gonna be problems," Kenya didn't make Porsha go over to Cynthia, Kenya didn't make Porsha loom over Cynthia and Kenya didn't make Cynthia administer a kick to Porsha's abs.

I kinda think if Sheree arranged a boat trip (pre-make up) and Kenya hopped her ass uninvited, ki'ki'ing and shading on the boat, nobody would have a problem with Sheree wanting to put Kenya off the boat.

Kenya didn't invite Tammy or Shamea.  Kenya might've only had food enough for the people she invited.  Kenya had every right to be offended and/or put Tammy/Shamea off the boat...she didn't invite them.

Kordell is a business partner with Peter at the Sports One bar in Charlotte NC.

• Love 7

I've been trying to quote posters to reply and have been unable. So:

1. I said the same thing about how the producer guy got on top of Porshe, it was odd indeed.

2. Second the thought on Peter having an attitude as if Cynthia rushed him away from his other life for some BS

3. Cynthia started that and Porshe did escalate it. But, I blame it all on Cynthia.

4. That apology was so fake - save my job fake

• Love 4

Oh, and someone mentioned that Kandi should pay attention to Todd leaving the room and etc. My reply is "Too late, she already married him and procreated with him."

And, we have forgotten that Don Juan is not just her assistant, he is one of her best friends and has been for years. He doesn't really have a "lane."

• Love 4

Who else noticed that Phaedra was implying Porsha had puncture wounds on her abdomen from Cynthia's heels? Cynthia was barefoot! The shade, the shade....

I can't be the only one who thought Cynthia DID kick Porsha with shoes on? I could have sworn she was actually wearing heels, but the kick happened so fast that maybe I was wrong.

Anyway, I'm one of the people who's more on Porsha's side on this one. Normally I'm okay with Cynthia, but I think she made it into an altercation where there shouldn't have been one. Also, from what I could tell, Cynthia was the one who grabbed Porsha's hands first, at which point Porsha stood up, at which point Cynthia kicked her away. So from my perspective, Cynthia got physical first, but it might need a rewatch. (And also lol at anyone blaming Porsha for putting her hands in Cynthia's face - that's 100% Cynthia's MO, to wave her hands around in people's faces and irritate them! I have no clue how I'd handle someone acting like that in real life, because I know for a fact someone invading my personal space would irritate the hell out of me, but I hope I would not resort to physical violence and would just walk away to get more space. If they kept following me that'd be basically harassment.)

I know Kenya is there for easily-produced drama, but like... does anyone even like her? I don't even "love to hate" her, I just find her fake-ass personality unbearably irritating and would prefer she weren't on the show. Her talk with Porsha cracked me up, too. You could see her get this huge smile on her face when Porsha said she didn't trust Kenya, and Kenya started in on this whole spiel of how rude and insulting Porsha was being. I think she was honestly trying to provoke another fight, which good thing Porsha didn't go for it. I also found her drama on the boat super annoying. Yeah, Porsha was being held down and screaming (and don't forget they've been drinking, and I'd be pissed too if someone just kicked me!) but she's not about to go serial killer and murder everyone, stop trying to act like everything is her fault.

• Love 10

The internet ain't shit! Saw these 2 images side by side and just about died!!

tumblr_nyyri72kXO1ql5yr7o1_500.gifgiphy.gif

Then there was Cynthia with Peachter (who looked a bit annoyed that he had to come home) her version of what happened.  He rightly told her she did probably hurt Porsha and should apologize for that.  She was incensed that he went that route but when he also said that she probably took her personal issues out on Porsha.  She didn’t really agree but did reiterate that she wanted to work on their marriage.  To that, he pretty much told her they would work better if they didn’t see each other too often like three times a week…Sounded like he basically checked out of the marriage.  Once again Cynthia dismisses all the signs and acts like Porsha’s “outburst” might have solidified her marriage.  I guess much like dropping Nene as a friend improved her marriage.

Who knew a good old fashioned cooch punt was the secret to getting back on track with your marriage? That'll teach all those suckers actually putting time and effort to work on their relationship. You know like spending time together, opening up the channels of communication, re-discovering what originally made you fall in love with them, etc. Also the punt is cheaper than marriage counselling I suppose, assuming the recipient of such punt doesn't sue your ass and/or you don't get arrested for assault.

What the ever-loving fuck kind of rationalization Cynthia?

I take the same position on this fight that I did in the Kenya/Porsha reunion debacle. Cyn and Porsha were both wrong but Cyn was more wrong for escalating the violence with that donkey kick to the stomach. It seemed that they were both invading each other's space to me before the kick.

Kenya meeting up with Porsha to accuse and talk down to her didn’t quite go as she expected.  It was like she was trying hard to piss Porsha off enough to get her to pop off like she did at the reunion.  Porsha saw through all that and pretty much dismissed her and was about to leave when Kenya realized she had to take a different approach.  Porsha rightfully decided to talk with Cynthia directly and end the whole mess.  Also not what Kenya was hoping for.   I still feel Kenya is trying hard to get Porsha kicked off the show.
Kenya is trying hard as she can to paint Porsha as, psychotic aggressive and unable to handle her anger which pisses me off as Porsha demonstrated a great deal of restraint until she was pushed too far.  It’s like Kenya won’t let go of the reunion situation that she herself caused and still won’t own up to.  She continues to play the victim and keep bringing it up every chance she gets.

I swear sometimes Porsha comes off like some kind of autistic savant. She can be so obtuse like that whole thinking the Underground Railroad was an actual train with a conductor, but in other situations she comes across as really being astute and on the ball like that sit down with Kenya. I was giving Porsha the slow hand clap during that whole exchange because I thought she was so on the money and handled and read Kenya from cover to cover including the annotations. Kenya just came across as totally disingenuous during that entire conversation. Porsha was right Kenya doesn't give a damn about her and she can't be trusted. Kenya was doing THE MOST on that boat and putting all the blame on Porsha when she didn't even see what happened. She was making comments like this was the final straw for Porsha and it was over for her like she had the power to snatch her peach or something. Girl bye.

The other HW worthy of a slow hand clap is Kandi. I wanted to personally send her a thank you card for what she said to Kenya. Kenya is one of the worst sufferers of 'can't see the plank in her own eye' disease. Second only behind Nene. Kandi has her issues but it is mostly involving having blind spots with regards to those closest to her - like her mom and her employees and being unable to set boundaries.

Don Whine was at 100 talking about the boat situation and Kandi's going on the boat ride. I am really gonna need him to bring it down at least 50 points.

Kandi really is a fool.  I want the cameras also there in the delivery room when he and Todd fight for the chair next to screaming and pushing Kandi.  I can see it now:

Todd;  push honey

Don Juan" no breathe

Todd: I said push

Don Juan: breathe

Doctor: shut the fuck up both of you, she had the baby an hour ago

Todd would be too busy taking a call. I have gone back and forth on Todd but I was mainly in he's a'ight camp with occasional lapses in bitchassedness (Phaedra's bill and stanning for Apollo) .... until last night. That was not a good look. Lawd knows it is not always as it appears on this show. That scene could have being reshot over and over and Todd got tired of it and left, but being in production for just these types of show, his ass should know better. When you are filming trying to find your baby's heart beat with a woman having a high risk pregnancy YOU. DON'T. NOT. STEP. OUT. TO. TAKE. A. CALL. Unless it is about the health or wellness of family, you stay your ass put until you hear confirmation that all is well and good. Lil big head should know better!

Cynthia was wearing yellow eyeshadow and blush at that luncheon - no bueno!

Phaedra looked great in red!

Have we ever heard Dillon talk?

That friend of Cynthia on the boat with the Nazi white husband eyes were really, really red when they showed her below deck chilling by herself. What was up with that?

The girl behind that counter at the juice bar Phae and Kim went to talk bout the boat incident? Her b

• Love 15

I am well aware that this is, in reality (hee), a "scripted reality show," It's a TV show. Parts are "real" but most is scripted. That entire restaurant scene was so damn scripted - it was so obvious I was a wee bit disappointed.

I wish Kenya would learn to mind her own damn business. None of any of this had anything to do with her.

Notice how when her husband hit the nail on the head when she was telling her side of the story she got evil-mean again? Cynthia can't take critisim. Constructive or otherwise. When you tell her "you're wrong, this was all your fault" she gets mean. Evil-mean. I liked the way her husband shut her down though.

That was one of the very few times I saw them as a married couple and could say "oh yeah, now I see it" as in now I see what she sees in him...

What the hell Tood? Really? You gotta take this call in the middle of your ultrasound? Really? That doesn't bode well for this relationship.

• Love 6

True. But we never actually saw her reading, did we? She was interacting with the other girls. I think she just brought it as backup, in case there was downtime and she was bored. A bit naive, maybe, but I found it quirky and adorable.

I'm not sure if complexion is the sole factor. I'm a very pale white girl and I bruise very easily, but my sisters (who are just as pale as me) don't.  I think there is more to it. I'm not saying it's 100% impossible Cynthia left a mark, but Porsha was showing off injuries all over her body. And when you've got grown men having to hold you down and you're struggling against them, I think that's more likely to leave a bruise than a woman with no shoes on kicking you out of her personal space.

She may have gotten the bruises on her arm and leg from being tackled by the men, but I don't think its a stretch to say that the bruise on her stomach was from being kicked by Cynthia.  Especially when the bruise is right in the area where Cynthia's foot landed.  Mileage may vary.

Porsha & Cynthia acting like fools has nothing to do with Kenya.  Cynthia is pushing 50; Porsha is not a little girl anymore.  Kenya didn't make Cynthia overreact, Kenya didn't make Porsha talk about "Don't make me get up or there's gonna be problems," Kenya didn't make Porsha go over to Cynthia, Kenya didn't make Porsha loom over Cynthia and Kenya didn't make Cynthia administer a kick to Porsha's abs.

I was speaking in the context of how everyone was sitting around being chill until Kenya decided to go for Shamea.  Once that happened and she stormed off to have Shamea thrown off the boat, that's when the statements were made to Cynthia to go after her bff which is what changed Cynthia's whole demeanor.  Notice how Cynthia told Kandi to shut up and said in a very nasty tone that there was plenty more fake bff's aboard, which is what prompted Porsha to say, "Who bitch?"  The rest is history as they say.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 6
What the hell Tood? Really? You gotta take this call in the middle of your ultrasound? Really? That doesn't bode well for this relationship.

It's a man thing.  Most men just don't get it.  The fact that he went with her to the Dr's appt is a plus.  Most men think their job is done once the swimmers hit their mark.

• Love 9

For some reason I can't quote right now but I want to agree with the person who said Peter seemed worried hat Cynthia's fight would affect their image on the show. She was one phone telling him that things got physical with Porsha  and when he said "Damn" (or whatever he said) I thought it had the definite tone of "Damn, there goes our chance of a spin-off". He didn't care that Cynthia was upset or maybe hurt. He was just worried she was risking her place in the cast and their only regular income.

I can't take sides in the Cynthia/Porsha fight because they both suck. I guess maybe I'm 1% more on Porsha's side because Cynthia loses everything with me because she's married to Peter. Mostly though I think they're both wrong.

• Love 2