Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Where Is The Love Boat

• Start Topic

THANK YOU KANDI for finally calling Kenya out on not owning up to her own dirt!  Especially to say it to her as she's saying the same thing about Porsha.  Kenya must really have blinders on to her own behavior.  Porsha was right as far as I'm concerned.  That whole situation would not have happened if Kenya wasn't acting like a spoiled child getting mad and trying to throw someone off the boat.  She keeps saying that Shamea was the one being negative when Kenya started the whole cruise off being classless and tasteless and throwing shade saying Shamea wasn't invited and calling her and Tammy strays.  What hostess does that shit?!  Did she really expect the girl to not come back at her? 

And please, I hope everyone who saw the episode will finally get it right and admit that Porsha did not say, "Whatever bitch!"  Cynthia said there was more than one fake best friend in the bunch and Porsha said, "Who bitch?"  Big difference.  4 different people repeating the story to someone else misquoted Porsha as saying, "Whatever bitch!" which is dismissive.  "Who bitch?" is just asking a question!  Sheesh!

Perfect post!!  You said everything I wanted to say.  Kandi was 100% correct in everything she said to Kenya.  And thanks for pointing out that Porsha said "who bitch".  Every time the story was retold and they quoted Porsha as saying "whatever bitch" I would yell at the tv and say....that's not what she said!!!!  Cynthia can leave anytime now and take her BFF Kenya with her.  Can't stand either one of them.

• Love 15

I continue to enjoy Kim, though if she has a low tolerance for foolishness, she's hanging with the wrong group.

Yes.I like Kim, but I'm going to need for her to stop fronting. This is not the first season of Real Housewives. I'm over the tears and pearl clutching. I'm sure seeing the ratchetness up close is something else compared to watching it on TV, but I hope she isn't one of those "I don't watch the show I'm auditioning for" types. That's like the hamsters on Top Model crying about cutting their hair. Ya'll knew makeovers were happening!

Cynthia was dead wrong, but I had to laugh at two things:

1) The camera zooming in on Porsha's eyes as if she were Cujo and Cynthia had to put her down.

2) Cynthia saying "well, she was getting up in my face, so I just moved her out the way" in deadpan delivery.

• Love 18

I can't believe I liked what Peter said.  Kandi was absolutely right.  I have a feeling that hubby won't be as 50/50 with child rearing if he can't wait to take a phone call as opposed to the Dr. finding your child's heartbeat.

The problem with this group is that they don't respect each other.  I have friends of all races and backgrounds and we have never, ever called each other a bitch in fun.

• Love 3
4 different people repeating the story to someone else misquoted Porsha as saying, "Whatever bitch!" which is dismissive.  "Who bitch?" is just asking a question!  Sheesh!

I  don't think it made any difference for Cynthia whether Porsha said "who" or "whatever".  After Porsha started riding her about being Kenya's BFF she specifically told Porsha not to call her a bitch. 

Edited by SpringTulips
  • Love 5

I think it's a thing for some to try to be cute. My coworker calls everyone bitch. I also remember Rodiney and Austen on The A-List calling everyone bitch. They weren't being rude as much as trying to look sassy and devil may care.

• Love 4

Porsha's grandfather and MLK must be asking themselves "We made all these sacrifices for THIS?!?!?!?!". Making matters worse, Porsha lied to her sister and mother about what happened while playing "poor me!". I just cannot with that thuggish THoT!

As much as I agree with Kandi about Kenya, Kenya was right about Porsha refusing to take responsibility for her actions. Why do I get the feeling Porasha was never disciplined or taught manners as a child?

Why am I not shocked by Peter's lack of concern about his wife?

It got a little tense with Kandi's visit to the doctor, but geeze, would it kill you to not take or make phone calls during thr appointment, Tom Tucker?

I see why Tammy didn't end up a housewife. While not as bad as "Nazi white", "black Jesus" is also cringe-worthy.

Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 6

I thought it was telling when Peter didn't even let Cynthia finish telling about how she felt after a fight.  I would think a husband would be concerned, checking for bruises, there to listen-but not on this show.  

Plus, Todd stepping out to take the call during the doctor's appointment.  Wow.  Where do they find these bastions of society.

It's not the way I saw it last week, but I think Porsha turned things physical.  She kept poking her fingers in Cynthia's face.  Not simply a sassy wagging finger way, it was something I'd find aggressive.

And I felt Kenya was freaking out and escalating everything on the boat.  She acted like they had pinned down Freddy Kruger or something.  Like Porsha would stand up and start randomly attacking all the women.  

Man, this show and it's drama.

• Love 7

Peter's beard looked so odd during that scene where he came home to Cynthia. It looked like he had crepe paper taped to his face.

Once again Kandi lets her assistant talk back to her and lecture this. This time he was laying in to her about going on a boat while she was pregnant. What? How do you let your employees talk to you like that? I think Joyce trained Kandi to be a doormat.

• Love 16

And I felt Kenya was freaking out and escalating everything on the boat.  She acted like they had pinned down Freddy Kruger or something.  Like Porsha would stand up and start randomly attacking all the women. 

When Kenya said "No, Kandi. You're pregnant....she's crazy" I laughed out loud. Kenya just can't stop doing the most.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 11

I  don't think it made any difference for Cynthia whether Porsha said "who" or "whatever".  After Porsha started riding her about being Kenya's BFF she specifically told Porsha not to call her a bitch. 

Kandi was the one who started the BFF business.  Cynthia even said, "Shut up Kandi."  I wonder if Kenya has picked up on how pissed off Cynthia got over being called her best friend.  Knowing Kenya, probably not.

Peter's beard looked so odd during that scene where he came home to Cynthia. It looked like he had crepe paper taped to his face.

I know right!  And it looked like Cynthia was hugging a large shiny eggplant when she was hugging Peter's head.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 17
Last time he carried her like a princess and this time he laid on top of her. Side-eying him hard right now LOL.

It looked odd, but it seemed like Porsha kept wanting to come back for more kicks, lol.  He probably had to pin her down.  Then after she screams how she cant wait to get Cynthia alone, she tries to convince the crew that she just wants to go over to talk to Cynthia.

• Love 4

Sheree is one to talk saying she hopes things don't get physical again because Cynthia has long legs.  She tried to get physical with Kenya the first day they met but was being held back by of all people, Porsha.  Otherwise, Kenya would have had a face full of whatever Sheree was drinking.  LOL!

Yes.I like Kim, but I'm going to need for her to stop fronting. This is not the first season of Real Housewives. I'm over the tears and pearl clutching. I'm sure seeing the ratchetness up close is something else compared to watching it on TV, but I hope she isn't one of those "I don't watch the show I'm auditioning for" types.

To me Kim proved that she watches the show when she asked if Kenya would be driving the boat.  We know she's at least watched the episode where Kenya took over the wheel of that boat and shouted, "Hold on to your weaves!!!!!"  Also, did anyone else notice that when Kim complained about all of the "boobage" on the show, the producers showed clips of Kenya's cleavage, Marlo's cleavage and the last one they showed was Kim's own cleavage in that dress she wore to Kenya's hair product party.  I howled!  She'd better watch out because if she keeps playing this innocent ingénue the editors are going to start targeting her and piecing together some compromising situations involving her.  She's being a little too goody goody for her own good.

Edited by swankie
  • Love 7

I saw 2 or 3 guys holding her down, and Porsha still saying "I gotta go get her!!" And she kept screaming. Sheree saying "Girl....shut up" in her TH was the best advice of all. If she had gotten loose, I think she would have attacked Cynthia.

When it takes several men to hold a woman down until she calms down, that's a woman I don't want to be around. Ever.

• Love 17

I'd be very surprised if there's a whole generation of people who behave like Porsha.

Oh but there is.

Can't figure out any simple things or problems on their own. Lashing out in anger follows, either verbal or physical.

It's all about "me " and how I was done wrong and then use the cell to call or text to make it someone else's problem.

I have to deal with this at work every day and it is getting beyond rediculous.

• Love 8

Did I miss the episode where Kandi and Todd announced that Don Juan us the real father of Kandi's baby? Because otherwise its none of his damn business what she does or doesn't do.

Ugh, yes. I still can't stand Don Juan's gossipy ol' ass. And of course Kandi just sits there and takes it. But, it's too late for her to regulate. She let the disrespect go on too long.

Todd's been disappointing me a bit, so far. First with his insistence on dressing inappropriately for events, sending Kandi to handle his financial woe with Phaedra, and now taking a phone call during the pregnancy check up. Especially since it was a harrowing few minutes of not hearing the baby's heartbeat. WTF, Todd. Unless Kaela or Riley were in trouble, or there was word that Sharon rose from the dead, there was no reason to take a call during that time. That was foul.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 11

Once again Kandi lets her assistant talk back to her and lecture this. This time he was laying in to her about going on a boat while she was pregnant. What? How do you let your employees talk to you like that? I think Joyce trained Kandi to be a doormat.

I was actually thinking the same, only with toilet paper....

Peter has totally checked out of that marriage as far as I'm concerned.  The only thing he wants out of it now is whatever Cynthia may have in her bank account.

Interesting to me, during all the nonsense with Porsha, was that she mentioned (I can't remember when, because I wasn't really paying too much attention) about having a lot of dirt on Peter - hope she spills some of it at some point!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 5

I laughed out loud at Phaedra calling Lake Lanier a morgue, a bad place to be. Girl.... you forget you had that big birthday party for Mr. President when he turned 1, with 12 cakes (one for each month) and everybody was bussed in from Atlanta.

And I've never heard anyone call the lake that, and I've been going there on boats all my life.

• Love 2

Let's talk about the real villain in these two episodes: Kenya's romper or whatever the hell that was. That thing was pure evil

I find most of Kenya's fashion choices to be inappropriate for her body, her age and her constant claims that she is a "classy woman", but that was one of the worst things I've seen on a housewife anywhere, any franchise.

But, I also thought that Cynthia's outfit for that brunch was terrible, as well.  That drindl skirt maxi thing looked horrible, and then paired with a baseball tee with her own picture printed on it??  Seriously??  

Sheree's outfit was very suitable.  She is making some great fashion choices (except for her outfit at Cynthia's sunglass party).

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 9

Let's talk about the real villain in these two episodes: Kenya's romper or whatever the hell that was. That thing was pure evil

Girl! WTH was that? Although I'm almost positive she's worn it before.

Can we not invoke MLK or Hosea Williams? Afterall this a thread where EVERYBODY tuned in for a ratchet, trashy TV show not to exchange ideas on how to get BLM issues on the ballot.

I thought this was a good episode especially Kandi calling out Kenya. And no matter how you try Kenya you'll never be the Queen of this group, not one castmember likes you.

Porsha is a stunning woman. I hope she leverages her ditzy routine the way Jessica Simpson did.

Edited by ThomasAAnderson
Removing preview talk
  • Love 6

This is the best! I could not stop staring at that romper every time Kenya was standing. It was like a train wreck.

But, I also thought that Cynthia's outfit for that brunch was terrible, as well.  That drindl skirt maxi thing looked horrible, and then paired with a baseball tee with her own picture printed on it??  Seriously??

I concur. 

I did not mind Kim being upset at how these women act, even if she has watched the show. I think seeing the drama unfold on television and actually being in the same room as it is all going down is a big difference.

I have no idea why Kenya really needed to have a sit down with Porsha before all the women were going to meet up. Porsha and Cynthia had a fairly mature conversation about the incident on their own without anything added in from Kenya.

• Love 5

I have no idea why Kenya really needed to have a sit down with Porsha before all the women were going to meet up.

Camera time! Plain and simple....she wanted the camera time and that is why she mentioned the reunion fight. AND, IMO, Kenya was trying to get Porsha mad enough to come at her again at that sit down more than anything else to get her fired from the show.

• Love 12

I would have done the same thing Cynthia did. If someone grabs my hand, stands up and towers over me and come at me I'm using whatever available limb I have to get you up off and away from me. To me Porsha was the aggressor and when she told her mom and Shamea about apologizing to Cynthia, I didn't hear no damn apology. Porsha told Cynthia she wasn't apologizing because she felt she didn't do anything wrong. Porsha trying to get some sympathy points. 

Porsha took time off from work because she had some bruises LMAO. Please I've gone to work with stye on my eye, cat scratches from when my cat scratched me the hell up and bruises. Porsha continues to make me wanna ram a hot iron in her face.

Don Juan STFU and stop getting all rude with Kandi. He's acting like Kandi went bungee jumping or something. Kandi should have told him to shut up.

IDK why Kim signed on to this show. I like her as she's grounded and not drama filled but RHOA is just not for her. I think she might wanna quit before she gets fired for not providing any drama whatsoever.

WTF was Kenya wearing at that one on one meeting with Porsha?? Shit looked like she snatched curtains off the window and just put it on or she fell down the stairs with curtains and just went with it.

I kind of laughed at Kandi calling Kenya out, because this coming from a woman who can't open her mouth to set her mother straight, let's Don Juan talk to her any kind of way, barely calls out Todd on his behavior, so whatever.

The major thing with this group that would piss me off is their damn lateness. Barely anyone can show up, if I planned anything I would say the time is 2:30p when in reality it's really 4:30p that way everyone is on time.

• Love 13

Peter was giving me big ole "I've got another woman out of town and you're dragging me away from her to hear your nonsense" vibe. Unfortunately, I have experienced this attitude from a man I thought was mine and would come to help me when I was in need. I hope Cynthia is doing the Katie Holmes maneuver behind Peter's back.

• Love 14

I would have done the same thing Cynthia did. If someone grabs my hand, stands up and towers over me and come at me I'm using whatever available limb I have to get you up off and away from me. To me Porsha was the aggressor and when she told her mom and Shamea about apologizing to Cynthia, I didn't hear no damn apology. Porsha told Cynthia she wasn't apologizing because she felt she didn't do anything wrong. Porsha trying to get some sympathy points.

What I saw was Cynthia grabbing both of Porsha's wrists.  That's when Porsha stood up and Cynthia then kicked her while she was still holding Porsha's wrists.  It also looks like at one point Porsha lost her balance after she stood up and Cynthia kicked her again, unless that was just the editors showing the same kick from a different angle.  Also, Porsha did apologize to Cynthia at least twice.  Saying "I'm sorry" isn't the only way to apologize.  At least twice Porsha told Cynthia, "I didn't mean it that way, I was just playing with you."  but Cynthia wasn't hearing it.  And even Kim said that they were both waving their hands in each others faces.  Cynthia was the first to make physical contact by grabbing Porsha's wrists.

• Love 20

Porsha took time off from work because she had some bruises LMAO. Please I've gone to work with stye on my eye, cat scratches from when my cat scratched me the hell up and bruises. Porsha continues to make me wanna ram a hot iron in her face.

Don Juan STFU and stop getting all rude with Kandi. He's acting like Kandi went bungee jumping or something. Kandi should have told him to shut up.

IDK why Kim signed on to this show. I like her as she's grounded and not drama filled but RHOA is just not for her. I think she might wanna quit before she gets fired for not providing any drama whatsoever.

WTF was Kenya wearing at that one on one meeting with Porsha?? Shit looked like she snatched curtains off the window and just put it on or she fell down the stairs with curtains and just went with it.

I kind of laughed at Kandi calling Kenya out, because this coming from a woman who can't open her mouth to set her mother straight, let's Don Juan talk to her any kind of way, barely calls out Todd on his behavior, so whatever.

The major thing with this group that would piss me off is their damn lateness. Barely anyone can show up, if I planned anything I would say the time is 2:30p when in reality it's really 4:30p that way everyone is on time.

Scarlett O'Hara in 2015!!   LOL    :-)

• Love 1

Scarlett O'Hara in 2015!!   LOL    :-)

She is Gone With The Wind fabulous after all!  LOL!

The problem with this group is that they don't respect each other.  I have friends of all races and backgrounds and we have never, ever called each other a bitch in fun.

The first time I ever got wind of "bitch" being used as a term of endearment was back in the 80's with a friend of mine when she introduced a new girl into our little group.  She started with the "bitch" talk and the others followed suit.  Before you knew it "Hey bitch" was being used as the greeting between them.  I say "them" because I made it clear that I didn't want to be part of their little game and would not tolerate being called bitch even in fun.  The new girl called me stuck up.  I told her, "Shut up bitch!"  The way I said it, she knew I wasn't playing.  Lol!

Edited by swankie
  • Love 13

I laughed out loud at Phaedra calling Lake Lanier a morgue, a bad place to be. Girl.... you forget you had that big birthday party for Mr. President when he turned 1, with 12 cakes (one for each month) and everybody was bussed in from Atlanta.

And I've never heard anyone call the lake that, and I've been going there on boats all my life.

I've heard it called a death trap, crystal lake, etc for years because of all the people who die out there. Between boat accidents and drownings, it does seem to be bad luck.

• Love 4