Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: Where Is The Love Boat

• Start Topic

She wasn't implying, she said that Porsha had cuts on her stomach from Cynthia's stillettos and was informed that Cynthia was wearing flats.

HAHAHAHA!!! Was that before or after Porsha showed the bruise on her stomach to her mother and aunt? With no bandages because there was no cut??

Oh Phaedra, don't you ever change! :)

• Love 3

It takes true pretzel logic to make this fight Cynthia's fault. Even if you believe it's "because Cynthia took things the wrong way when Porsha was just kidding," it stopped being her fault after she left the area, thus ending that argument.

I think that's a bit of a misrepresentation. Porsha didn't do a NeNe, by chasing after Cynthia and braying. She was urged to go apologize by both Kenya and Sheree. She honestly felt she didn't have anything to apologize for but she had no problem going over to Cynthia and trying to explain that she had no bad intentions. It says something for her that she ignored the previous insults and attempted to make amends. Cynthia claimed she wanted an apology, but given her emotional imbalance, I'm sure even if Porsha had kissed her feet, she would have kicked her teeth in. Just looked how Cynthia rebuked Kim when she was only touching her shoulder.

Porsha was stupid for straddling Cynthia. After seeing that Cynthia was continuing to be an ass, she should have just told Cynthia to go screw herself and walked away.

There were TWO guys on top of Porsha, and yes, they could easily have caused most of those bruises. I was surprised it took two of them to hold her down.

I thought there was only one guy on top of Porsha. Then a large breasted woman bent over that guy and was trying to calm Porsha.

• Love 6

I think we are applying different standards to different housewives, based on how we feel about them.

Not really. Last season Porsha and Cynthia had a meeting in some restaurant to try to come to terms about some fight and I though Porsha was an ass and being dismissive. I can't stand anything about Kenya however when the women ganged up on her and tried to blame her for that pillow talk fiasco, I sided with Kenya.

Even if Porsha had avoided the fight, Cynthia would still be wrong in her accusations and stank attitude. I wonder who she would have lashed out at next.

• Love 1

Kandi's hair looks good!

That looked like it might have been Kandi's natural hair.  But why is she scratching all the time?  She needs a good scalp conditioner.  From all the scratching, she must have hella head of dandruff. 

• Love 2

I want that Peter tea, like right now. Porsha alluded to it and I believe her 100% because I've heard some stuff and I'm not even in that circle.

It always seems like no matter who Porsha gets into it with, she ends up with more support than the other person. Peter was like meh, while Porsha's mom is bringing her food on a tray lol.

I agree with a pp...Porsha is a Cancerian and no matter how dumb she appears to be, like a true Cancerian she knows how to read people. They are very intuitive. She's had Kenya's number from day one and she also had Claudia's which is why she consistently paid her dust. She was right at that lunch and Kenya knew it.

Shut up Kenya's cousin. Take the girl out of the ghetto? Kenya spent all of her first season hollering about how she was from Detroit and would whoop anybody's ass. All of these chicks are ratchet. The end.

Cynthia is just...pathetic. Trying to use the fight with Porsha to strengthen her marriage. Girl, no.

Can kandi stay pregnant? She's never looked better.

• Love 13

Cynthia is just...pathetic. Trying to use the fight with Porsha to strengthen her marriage. Girl, no.

And there still wasn't any strong "I can't bear to be without you" embrace with that desperate "let's stay together forever baby" urgency.  It was just a meh "lay his shiny bald head on my chest" embrace that looked like Peter didn't even want to do judging by how slow he went in.  I think Peter is so over Cynthia.  He's just hanging on for the prestige of her celebrity status and what's left of her money.

• Love 14

And there still wasn't any strong "I can't bear to be without you" embrace with that desperate "let's stay together forever baby" urgency. It was just a meh "lay his shiny bald head on my chest" embrace that looked like Peter didn't even want to do judging by how slow he went in. I think Peter is so over Cynthia. He's just hanging on for the prestige of her celebrity status and what's left of her money.

Pretty much. He sounded disappointed as hell to HAVE to come home, and then once he was there he was distant and unavailable. They are doomed. It's just a matter of when at this point. But judging from the Thanksgiving pic, she's still hanging in there. You Big Dummy.

• Love 9

That looked like it might have been Kandi's natural hair.  But why is she scratching all the time?  She needs a good scalp conditioner.  From all the scratching, she must have hella head of dandruff. 

It seemed to have the puffed up look of a weave. I assumed she was scratching around the tracks or her braided hair.

I was completed distracted during the entire Kenya/Porsha sit-down by the people behind them. You could see how the editors rearranged the hell out of that conversation, because the people kept changing...it was a middle-aged white woman alone behind Kenya, and then her family showed up at some point and her husband kept looking over his shoulder directly at the camera and then you blinked and the woman was alone again and then a second later it was an Asian girl, mid-meal. How the hell long were they there? No wonder they were late for the brunch!

Also, they were ridiculously overdressed.

Yeah, the sheer awfulness of Kenya's jumpsuit is matched by the horror of that pink/purple top she's wearing in her interviews. That shit is about to bust open any second!

I just rewatched that scene. There were 3 different groups of patrons shown behind each one of them and you can see the progression of their meals. There was a family in Star Wars costumes behind Porsha. They must have been there for a couple of hours and that was before joining the rest of the gang at the next restaurant.

What I saw was Cynthia grabbing both of Porsha's wrists.  That's when Porsha stood up and Cynthia then kicked her while she was still holding Porsha's wrists.  It also looks like at one point Porsha lost her balance after she stood up and Cynthia kicked her again, unless that was just the editors showing the same kick from a different angle.  Also, Porsha did apologize to Cynthia at least twice.  Saying "I'm sorry" isn't the only way to apologize.  At least twice Porsha told Cynthia, "I didn't mean it that way, I was just playing with you."  but Cynthia wasn't hearing it.  And even Kim said that they were both waving their hands in each others faces.  Cynthia was the first to make physical contact by grabbing Porsha's wrists.

I saw  Porsha 'bloop' Cynthia's nose, before the wrist hold? Really feel Cynthia wanted a reason to make Peter come home and by getting drunk and getting physical she knew he would come to her rescue. The way she told him 'it got physical, come home' and Peters' ' F ***' reaction, she made it sound like she beat the living shit out of Porsha and needed Peter to bail her out and call an attorney. Cynthia and Peter are the best worse actors on Atlanta

• Love 4

Yes and she was barefoot part of the time. Just remember who said it.... Phaedra.... famous for embellishing the hell out of a story.

I'm willing to bet that Porsha told that to Phaedra, just like she did to earn that sympathy soup from her mother.

There were TWO guys on top of Porsha, and yes, they could easily have caused most of those bruises. I was surprised it took two of them to hold her down.

I am not surprised, quite frankly. Porsha has serious self-control and rage issues.

• Love 2

AG, she did an interview with KTLA, where she explained they were display only items. Not the real product. And that "one person decided to drink it. They didn't understand that it was a display." I think she had to role with the storyline as production directed her to do. She was well aware that they were filled with water, so that someone wouldn't run off with some of the actual product.

• Love 2
I want that Peter tea, like right now. Porsha alluded to it and I believe her 100% because I've heard some stuff and I'm not even in that circle.

Ridethemaverick, if you have any tea on Peter, please feel free to spill.  We always appreciate any real life dirt, particularly when it involves a scumbag like Peter.  I heard the rumor about the waitress, but that is old news.

• Love 6

And one of them was Carlos King, the lead producer on RHOA who is rumored to have bad blood with both Nene and Porsha and nearly resigned his position after the reunion brawl. Again, just rumors on the internets but it does speak to me that production knows Porsha is a liability.

• Love 5
Iguessnot, on 08 Dec 2015 - 01:12 AM, said:

It seemed to have the puffed up look of a weave. I assumed she was scratching around the tracks or her braided hair.

Yeah the first ... oh 4 or 5 days?... of having bonded extensions, my scalp itched something fierce!  It eventually subsides.  That's perhaps why Kandi was scratching.

ITA that pregnancy agrees with her! She's like the anti-Kim Kardashian.

• Love 4

Kandi carries pretty or at least well.  I carry well, too.  I know everyone is going to think I am crazy, but I am the hottest woman on the planet when I am pregnant.  It is  after I deliver the baby that I look like shit (I always wished it was the other way around).

I am not surprised, quite frankly. Porsha has serious self-control and rage issues.

That she does. Those eyes when she was being held down were damned scary, along with those guttural threats to catch her alone and beat her ass. And anyone wonders why Cynthia would kick her off first and ask questions later?

Thank you, Zaldamo for that Zappruder moment. I'm going to try the Fault Line Logic and take it allll the way back to "who, bitch?" as the start of the violence. So Porsha wins. Or loses (her shit). :)

• Love 7

Kandi carries pretty or at least well.  I carry well, too.  I know everyone is going to think I am crazy, but I am the hottest woman on the planet when I am pregnant.  It is  after I deliver the baby that I look like shit (I always wished it was the other way around).

You're lucky. I felt and looked like I was carrying life sucking parasites, which they are realistically :)

• Love 3

Production shenaniganery or no, this was proof to me that despite Kim's reference to Kenya taking the wheel, she has not seen this show before lol.  She looked genuinely pissed waiting at that lunch table by herself and then when Kandi sat down I damn near laughed out loud when she almost broke the fourth wall tambout, I have other things (tv shows and shit) to do (and they actually are on a schedule).  I said yeah, she ain't never seen nothing like this group in action before.

It was hilarious to me that of all people, Kandi was the first of the established cast to arrive at that lunch.  Kandi, who is always hours late and stops for Chick-fil-a on the way.  So you know that Kim was sitting there for a REALLY long time by herself.

• Love 5

I loved Kim being mad that the women were late. I hate lateness too - I don't do CP time - but I was laughing, because it is very much on the record that this is a group of women that doesn't get anywhere on time. I mean, she's right, it's rude as hell, but lateness is what you get with these women.

I think Cynthia's shirt was promoting her agency - I think I saw "Bailey Agency" written on it. 

I don't like that Porsha and her friend Shamea age-shame the other women - I think Shamea said "A tired party for some tired old women" or something. We're all getting older all the time; I bet Duke's friends thought of Porsha as "that older woman." Also, Porsha and I are about the same age, I think, and I don't think of people in their forties as old. I don't think of people in their fifties as old. My parents are in their sixties and I say they're "getting older." (3/4 of my grandparents lived into their 80s and I called them old, but we could play like that. I have a great aunt who's 89 and I'm like, "You're the oldest person I know!") And more to the point, it's rude. She tries to pull it with Kim this season and I hope Kim checks her like she did Kenya. "You a lie from the pit of hell!"

• Love 3

I have to be fair.  I'm one of the folks who thought Kenya provoked that dragging she got at the reunion, by pointing that bullhorn at Porsha and invading Porsha's personal space.  (I have a serious personal space thing.  Once you cross over into it and I've asked you to move, you run the risk of having your ass beat.  Your warning was "Get away from me.")   So, that said, though I don't particularly like either Porsha or Cynthia, I understand Cynthia's defensive posture when Porsha continued to be in her space after she asked Porsha, repeatedly, to leave her alone.  I don't think Porsha approached with malice nor do I think she was looking for a fight in that moment.  I think she was drunk and genuinely confused about why Cynthia was mad and was attempting to explain herself.  Still, Cynthia told her, quite a few times, to go back to the other side of the boat and Porsha should've done as requested.  There would have been other times for her to speak to Cynthia and explain that she'd meant no harm.  Once you've shown that you are unwilling to leave someone alone, you have opened yourself to hostility.  The warning that there was about to be conflama was Cynthia's ridiculous overreaction to the "Who, bitch?" comment in the first place and her denial of Porsha's explanations with the forceful, "Then go back over there with that bullshit".  At that point, it is clear that Cynthia ain't tryna hear what you talmbout.

Do I think Cynthia should have kicked Porsha?  No.  But neither do I think Porsha should be surprised it happened. 

• Love 13

I have to be fair.  I'm one of the folks who thought Kenya provoked that dragging she got at the reunion, by pointing that bullhorn at Porsha and invading Porsha's personal space.  (I have a serious personal space thing.  Once you cross over into it and I've asked you to move, you run the risk of having your ass beat.  Your warning was "Get away from me.")   So, that said, though I don't particularly like either Porsha or Cynthia, I understand Cynthia's defensive posture when Porsha continued to be in her space after she asked Porsha, repeatedly, to leave her alone.  I don't think Porsha approached with malice nor do I think she was looking for a fight in that moment.  I think she was drunk and genuinely confused about why Cynthia was mad and was attempting to explain herself.  Still, Cynthia told her, quite a few times, to go back to the other side of the boat and Porsha should've done as requested.  There would have been other times for her to speak to Cynthia and explain that she'd meant no harm.  Once you've shown that you are unwilling to leave someone alone, you have opened yourself to hostility.  The warning that there was about to be conflama was Cynthia's ridiculous overreaction to the "Who, bitch?" comment in the first place and her denial of Porsha's explanations with the forceful, "Then go back over there with that bullshit".  At that point, it is clear that Cynthia ain't tryna hear what you talmbout.

Do I think Cynthia should have kicked Porsha?  No.  But neither do I think Porsha should be surprised it happened. 

ALL the likes.  

and one more for: conflama

Obama-lol.gif

• Love 8

That is what I saw as well. I'm not a big fan of either woman, but Cynthia kept leaning back and finally once Porsha got on top of her, I'd have done the same thing were I in Cynthia's position. Anyone would.

I think we've analyzed this fight to death now. If you've had your say on the subject once, let's find other things about the show to snark on, K?

See this is the thing. Cynthia is lying down. Completely vulnerable. Porsha has the upper hand and is obviously acting aggressively. A person in Cynthia's physical position is going to minimize the advantage someone has over them being that Cynthia was in the worse position possible, compared to Porscha, to defend herself. Her instincts are now to get control over Porshas hands as a precaution cause at that moment Porsha's behavior suggests that her next move will most likely be physical. Cynthia is being straddled, has a woman towering over her aggressively and shows no sign of backing off while she, Cynthia is a sitting duck. She's not on her feet she has no leverage, her face is open and her body has been compromised because Porsha is straddling her. Cynthia wouldn't have been able to protect herself too well had Porsha started swinging on her because of the position she was in. Had Porsha started swinging Cynthias only options after the fact would have been to hold up her hands and try to protect herself against the blows and honestly no one likes that scenario so instead Cynthia takes action to keep any possible blows from happening by grabbing her hands that were already misbehaving anyway and of course the altercation begins.

Cynthia is not the aggressor. The person continuing to advance with threatening movements towards a person that in a physically inferior position is the aggressor.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7

That she does. Those eyes when she was being held down were damned scary, along with those guttural threats to catch her alone and beat her ass. And anyone wonders why Cynthia would kick her off first and ask questions later?

Thank you, Zaldamo for that Zappruder moment. I'm going to try the Fault Line Logic and take it allll the way back to "who, bitch?" as the start of the violence. So Porsha wins. Or loses (her shit). :)

Exactly to the Bold. A situation like that?? So I'm supposed to wait for the known to be handsy bitch to pop off and smack me in the face or mush me or some other such nonsense before I decide that I don't like this bitch in my personal space, threatening me with her body language all cause political correctness states NOTHING warrants putting your hands on someone else? Ummm really? Well I think making sure someone doesn't put their hands on me is plenty reason for me to physically get them the fuck outta my face. I don't first need a bloody nose to grant me permission to remove an aggressor from my personal space.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

Meh.  Little Miss I Wave My Hands In Everybody's Face is the last one to be all threatened because someone waved their hands in her face.  

I hate angry drunks. It's nobody's fault on that damn boat your husband is disrespectful and that you don't wanna be called crazy Kenya's bestie.  Cynthia was nasty. All that "you aint that stupid." shit she was popping off with.   I'm still annoyed they told Porsha to go over to her.  Let that heifer stew in her anger.

• Love 14

No disrespect, it's kinda a compliment but her boss Ricky Smiley was right when she hit on Common "Porsha Williams is thicker than a stack of Snickers." She definitely has filled out.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cynthia and I think she is displacing some of her anger and frustration. I kinda question if maybe some of her hot buttons were pushed in this kerfuffle. Basically by her super intense reaction I couldn't help but wonder if being called "bitch" and/or having her space invaded and fingers pointing were things that really trigger her....I would not be surprised if her completely dismissive punk ass husband does that to her and that may be why she flew off the handle. She had a strong reaction. This isn't an excuse or something I know for sure.

Outside of that people pushing Porsha to go to her and smooth things over made the matter worse and that's not entirely on Portia. It made the matter worse.

However, the first moment that took the situation to another level was when Porsha told Cyn she "didn't want her to get up." That brought the physical element into the disagreement, since it implied a threat. That was a line in the sand like "tone this shit down or it will become physical." Many people would take that shit the wrong way and at that point get even more bitchy and fuck you to the person. So then they both had their fingers in each others faces and Cyn was grabbing hers away and Porsha seemed to lean over her space and knee her. So Cyn started kicking her away.

I concluded they both were wrong but Porsha was more at fault.

I think Porsha needs to realize people can not like you or even trash you or be a bitch but you aren't weak for walking away. And not to listen to the advice of others in matters to save face. I still wonder if her attacking Kenya was to look tough for others. Her instinct to fight in multiple confrontations rather than be COOL is quite the dichotomy with her airhead giggly la di dah persona. COOL people don't give a shit about that crap. I'm thinking of her Marilyn-esque image and just cool people like James Dean or Beyonce - they never drag haters or dick wads by hair or punch. Transcend the bullshit. Be above the fray.

• Love 5

Meh.  Little Miss I Wave My Hands In Everybody's Face is the last one to be all threatened because someone waved their hands in her face.  

I agree.  However, after rewatching, the tipping point was when Porsha reached over and leaned into Cynthia's personal space to point in Cynthia's face, so much so, that her finger grazed Cynthia's nose.  Cynthia grabbed her hand to move it away, and Porsha snatched her hand back to do it again, more forceful.  Up until that point, it was just another stupid hand-waving fight.  Both of them had some culpability, but in my opinion, Porsha made it more aggressive.

I did have to chuckle at nosy-ass Kandi trying to see what was going on during the melee.  She's just like those kids in high school who have to push themselves to the front of the crowd of people to see the fight.   

• Love 4

I hate angry drunks. It's nobody's fault on that damn boat your husband is disrespectful and that you don't wanna be called crazy Kenya's bestie.  Cynthia was nasty. All that "you aint that stupid." shit she was popping off with.   I'm still annoyed they told Porsha to go over to her.  Let that heifer stew in her anger.

Annnnnnd was over her while SHE was lying down in a vulnerable position. It ain't a stank thang it's an I'm not in the best position right now to have this bitch getting more and more heated thing. I mean the whole thing was stupid but if you just look at the physical dynamics of the situation in that particular moment and Cynthia's behavior wouldn't be much different than most people. You don't need to be facing a 200lb man to feel threatened or vulnerable and she acted accordingly. It's simple cause and affect for me.  The ridiculousness of both their attitudes is a different story but I'm not surprised at the way that particular altercation played out.

No disrespect, it's kinda a compliment but her boss Ricky Smiley was right when she hit on Common "Porsha Williams is thicker than a stack of Snickers." She definitely has filled out.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cynthia and I think she is displacing some of her anger and frustration. I kinda question if maybe some of her hot buttons were pushed in this kerfuffle. Basically by her super intense reaction I couldn't help but wonder if being called "bitch" and/or having her space invaded and fingers pointing were things that really trigger her....I would not be surprised if her completely dismissive punk ass husband does that to her and that may be why she flew off the handle. She had a strong reaction. This isn't an excuse or something I know for sure.

Outside of that people pushing Porsha to go to her and smooth things over made the matter worse and that's not entirely on Portia. It made the matter worse.

However, the first moment that took the situation to another level was when Porsha told Cyn she "didn't want her to get up." That brought the physical element into the disagreement, since it implied a threat. That was a line in the sand like "tone this shit down or it will become physical." Many people would take that shit the wrong way and at that point get even more bitchy and fuck you to the person. So then they both had their fingers in each others faces and Cyn was grabbing hers away and Porsha seemed to lean over her space and knee her. So Cyn started kicking her away.

I concluded they both were wrong but Porsha was more at fault.

I think Porsha needs to realize people can not like you or even trash you or be a bitch but you aren't weak for walking away. And not to listen to the advice of others in matters to save face. I still wonder if her attacking Kenya was to look tough for others. Her instinct to fight in multiple confrontations rather than be COOL is quite the dichotomy with her airhead giggly la di dah persona. COOL people don't give a shit about that crap. I'm thinking of her Marilyn-esque image and just cool people like James Dean or Beyonce - they never drag haters or dick wads by hair or punch. Transcend the bullshit. Be above the fray.

Agreed. That's the thing Porsha was the one to say and threaten that physical behavior was to come so when she was still hovering over Cynthia showing no signs of backing off with already one threat out there and Cynthia is in the position she's in.... Yeah, the decision to back someone off you before they possibly start swinging on you, as they've already threatened AND is already demonstrating with physical behavior.....Girl, I ain't madatcha.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1

I'll be the one to Meh again. Cynthia was standing over Porsha wagging her hand in her face immediately after Porsha went "Who, Bitch", and that's why Porsha said she didn't want to get up. Because aggressive ass Cynthia was in a threatening position over her before Kim or whoever moved her backwards.

Look, I don't really care about who's guilty. It's gonna be an agree to disagree situation regardless, but this "Porsha is a rabid animal" being bandied about like Cynthia was a calm ocean of tranquility, instead of an overbearing asshole who can't handle her liquor and sadness...nah. I'm not here for it.

• Love 16

They both laughable and pretty trifling and I bet had no one shifted Cynthia back and she continued to have her hand dangerously close to Porsha's face with no signs of stopping the same shit woulda happened in reverse but Cynthia's actions for whatever reason didn't get a chance to reach that point whereas Porsha's did. Is it cause Porsha didn't have the benefit of someone taking her away and saving her from herself like it was done with Cythina minutes earlier? Most likely, but either way Porsha ended up kicked the fucked up and taken down like a calf at a rodeo because of HER wannabe "about that life" behavior.  I found it SMH amusing actually.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

Her instinct to fight in multiple confrontations rather than be COOL is quite the dichotomy with her airhead giggly la di dah persona. COOL people don't give a shit about that crap. I'm thinking of her Marilyn-esque image and just cool people like James Dean or Beyonce - they never drag haters or dick wads by hair or punch. Transcend the bullshit. Be above the fray.

- I hear you, but the ditzy blond was Marilyn's persona and part of what made her famous. In real life, she was no slouch in the brains department. Porsha is no Marilyn. She really is as thick as a plank of wood, and like others with her base intelligence, will strike out first, physically. She has zero class.

• Love 4

Lil' help, please? I must need glasses because try as I might, I cannot identify the one holding the middle peach in the photo. Every week I try. IS it Kandi? And who is standing between middle peach and Kim--is it Sheree or maybe Shamea <sp>? I know I must sound insane to y'all because I've been watching the show since season one, but I can't for the life of me figure out who's who.  

• Love 1