Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Teamwork Is Hard

To be shallow first...Hannah had some serious frizz going there.  When the camera panned to Kelly Osborne I almost screamed...that lipstick..ugh.

Having lived through the 60's none of those looks belonged, especially crop tops..just no.  They could have done hot pants with go go boots.!!  The only one that reminded me of the 60's was the white one.  I'm not a fan of Samantha.  Why did they give them both a second chance?  

Of the winning team..ugh on that red robe.  I hated it.  It looked like a graduation robe.  Christian, that was not an old Hollywood feel.  What are the judges smoking? 

• Love 3

I'm good with them giving both bottom kids another chance. 

I was so disappointed that Samantha sent out that white dress....But what else could she have put under the coat?  If it had been slightly larger, she could have wrapped a sash around the waist & sent it out as a coat dress.  But it was just cut too narrow. 

Matt grew on me as a person, but he just keeps overshooting and under delivering.  He'll do fine if he learns to focus more.  

Bridget did a gorgeous dress.  The fabric did most of the heavy lifting, but it was a great job overall.  

I'm very happy at how cooperatively and harmoniously the youngsters worked together.  The "adults" on the mother-show should take note. 

• Love 10

Zach was kinda robbed. His outfit was well made, and the look really was updated '40s. I loved his look. Bridget's dress was much less interesting to me.

I thought Tim gave the '60s team some not so great advice. Peter Pan collars on shift dresses, for instance, were all over Swinging London. I didn't like Maya's second collar nearly as much, and it wasn't at all '60s.

Glad no one went home. A double elimination is going to be no fun at all.

• Love 5

I liked how well the kids worked together. I think they should have sent someone (Matt) home. There will be a double elimination next week, that's a lot of stress.

I didn't like the red lounge wear looking dress. I loved the outfit Zachary made better, loved those pants! And all the crop tops again. *sigh*

The other team could have done so much with the 60's. Paisley prints, mini skirts, hippie clothes like bell bottom pants and fringed vests. They got stuck on the Jackie O. look and not everyone dressed like her in the 60'. Samantha did a good job on the coat but I groaned when the judge asked to see the dress underneath. Ugh! I felt bad for her.

• Love 2

Victoria basically made the outfit she was wearing -- black crop top and skirt. The skirt had some gathers, but basically it was the same crop top/skirt combo we've seen 100 times lately on PR and there was not ONE thing that was 1940s about it. 

They missed their chance to send the oh-so-annoying Matt home. Arghh.

• Love 4

I almost didn't watch this show because teenagers normally annoy me but damn these kids are likeable.

Anyway, I didn't really love anything on the runway tonight. I actually thought Bridget was going to be on the bottom and was surprised that the judges loved her look. It wasn't horrible but it looked very 70's disco to me. I like Zach but I'm so over peplums.

I liked Maya's dress the best on her team and I thought it was shady that Samantha and Paytie didn't get her the material for her vest. They knew it was important to her and just kind of brushed it off.

Overall, okay episode. Matt seems like a sweet kid so I don't mind him getting another chance but he's gone next week if he doesn't step it up.

Edited by grumpypanda
  • Love 5

I almost didn't watch this show because teenagers normally annoy me but damn these kids are likeable.

Anyway, I didn't really love anything on the runway tonight. I actually thought Bridget was going to be on the bottom and was surprised that the judges loved her look. It wasn't horrible but it looked very 70's disco to me. I like Zach but I'm so over peplums.

I liked Maya's dress the best on her team and I thought it was shady that Samantha and Paytie didn't get her the material for her vest. They knew it was important to her and just kind of brushed it off.

Overall, okay episode. Matt seems like a sweet kid so I don't mind him getting another chance but he's gone next week if he doesn't step it up.

Zach was robbed and I can't believe they loved that red bath robe.

On the adult version what Samantha and Peyte did would have been the focus of a lot of conspiracy arguments and I hated the way they just summarily ditched the vest when it was the first thing Maya said she wanted to do.

I was expecting Tim to tell the judges that the 60s team had ditched 2 previous looks.

• Love 2

Second week in a row Matt should have gone home.   Second week in a row the show contrived some lame reason to keep him around.

Unfortunately, due to the Matt save, it's possible that some more talented designer will be sent home in the double elimination.     It really pays to be a flamboyant bitchy male in Project Runway world.

I agree Zach was robbed.   No one said anything about his model's hair and makeup but I thought her look was every bit as hot as the outfit she wore.

Kudos to Zach for his honesty in being irked that no one was sent home.

• Love 9

I too, thought Team 60's could have done a lot with their decade. They could have done anything from hippy bohemian to Mad Men. I thought three of their dresses looked very similar and very little of it gave me an updated 60's vibe.

I did not mind the crop tops since they are trying to be a bit more modern with their designs, but it is getting to be overkill. If Matt was going to do a crop top he could have paired it with a more bohemian type of bottom if the team went in some sort of direction. I am not entirely sure what direction Team 60's was going for.

I like all the kids, but I am tired of Samantha's aesthetic. I liked her first episode look, but haven't really liked what she has made since then. 

I did not like Samantha and Peytie making the decision to get rid of Maya's vest without consulting Maya. Didn't they have phones? I do not think there was anything nefarious going on, just that they were not very organized when at Mood.

I thought Bridget won over Zach, because it might be an easier pattern to put out? I have no idea. I was fine with either of them winning.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 7

I too, thought Team 60's could have done a lot with their decade. They could have done anything from hippy bohemian to Mad Men. I thought three of their dresses looked very similar and very little of it gave me an updated 60's vibe.

I did not mind the crop tops since they are trying to be a bit more modern with their designs, but it is getting to be overkill. If Matt was going to do a crop top he could have paired it with a more bohemian type of bottom if the team went in some sort of direction. I am not entirely sure what direction Team 60's was going for.

I like all the kids, but I am tired of Samantha's aesthetic. I liked her first episode look, but haven't really liked what she has made since then. 

I did not like Samantha and Peytie making the decision to get rid of Maya's vest without consulting Maya. Didn't they have phones? I do not think there was anything nefarious going on, just that they were not very organized when at Mood.

I like the near absence of nefariousness.   It's like these kids aren't into it.   The only suggestion of it has come from Matt but even then it seemed half-hearted.

One thing I really like about this group is their ability to admire each other's work.   Without snark or guile, they freely compliment their competitors' looks.   It doesn't bother them to concede that someone else might win.

• Love 6

Yeah, they really seem supportive of each other. And the few negative remarks we see in the THs I'm pretty sure are producer-elicited. Even Matt seems to be unable to carry off bitchy very well. :)

Edited by bref
  • Love 2

Matt's look seemed more '50's to me (minus the damn crop top).  The way the headscarf was tied/styled didn't read "Jackie O" as much as "Grace Kelly" IMO.  I wish he went home. 

Samantha was super lucky too.  I didn't get the oohs and ahhs over her (not really) coat.  The fabric was super thin and looked one step up from burlap.  No finished edge or lining. First thing I thought of when her model walked was that she made a costume robe for a middle school production of The Nativity.Yes I know they had timing issues, but Samantha stuck with her coat idea from the jump while the other kids altered and re-altered their looks.  Sam should have had time to make that look more complete.  And no excuse for sending pinned muslin-like material as a "dress".  I don't care that is was covered with her "coat". 

• Love 8

Okay, now some of the teens are starting to bug me, but still nothing like PR Original contestants, so, of course, I will continue to watch and enjoy.

I don't understand how Matt is still there. I don't understand why they want to see more from him.

Samantha's insistence on that burlap sack thing of a coat almost sent her packing, especially with the horrid dress that was under it. She should have just done a basic shift. At least it would have looked more finished, even with her predisposition to NOT finish any edges on everything she has made so far. We just couldn't tell it on the muppet dress.

It seems as if they are trying to show more of the kids being bitchy and I wish they wouldn't. Yes, yes, I know they have those moments; they're human after all, but I was really enjoying the lack of that on this iteration.

I'm kind of impressed with Zachary's knowledge of fashion history; he seems to be a serious student, and whether he wins the show or not, I think he'll be in fashion in the future. Still love Zach and Jesse. I don't know why, but most of the girls bug me except for the really young one. Peytie drives me crazy and I can't really explain why that is.

The 40s collection was definitely the best, but I was kind of confused about the judges' "take" on the 60s in fashion. Some of the things they were bringing up seemed more distinctly early 70s to mid 70s, and not necessarily 60s at all.

• Love 4

I agree Zach was robbed.  His dress was beautiful.  I still can't wrap my head around that stupid red robe  Ugh.

Wasn't Zach and Matt on Threads?  They both look familiar.  Does anyone remember if either of them won?

• Love 1

Well, as a child of the 60's, I thought the neckline in Maya's original version was more fitting.  I had an orange mini that was pretty much the same.   Also liked the color-blocked number for it's fit for the decade, not for the finishing of the garment.

As usual, I hated Samantha's outfit, like I have hated everything she has done so far.  Also she lost points with me on refusing to get Maya her vest material.  I don't think that was her decision to make.

I appreciate Zachary's knowledge and personality but hated that outfit, something about the color and texture didn't do it for me.

Loved Zach's outfit and Maya's the best - they are my favorites for the win.

Will be glad when Matt and Samantha and Peytie are gone for personality and styling.

Zach should have won. I am guessing he didn't because his pattern wouldn't be simple enough to be made into a Simplicity pattern? Normally I hate peplum because it is so out-dated, but in this case, peplum was popular in the 1940's and Zach made the look modern. Good job!

Bridget's red dress was 1940's Hollywood glamour. It reminded me of something Lauren Bacall would have worn in the Big Sleep which was released in 1946.

The judges made a big mistake by not eliminating someone this week. They are just going to get more and more attached to these kids and the kids will learn from their mistakes and the designs will get better and better. The judges will have to become harsher critics and become more nit-picky. Unfortunately, Samantha and Matt might squeak by with something safe (ahhem...crop top and pencil skirt?) while a better designer will be eliminated because they took a chance and the execution of the design was flawed or they ran out of time. The judges are going to look like real jerks.

• Love 6

Zach was kinda robbed. His outfit was well made, and the look really was updated '40s. I loved his look. Bridget's dress was much less interesting to me.

I thought Tim gave the '60s team some not so great advice. Peter Pan collars on shift dresses, for instance, were all over Swinging London. I didn't like Maya's second collar nearly as much, and it wasn't at all '60s.

That dress with the Peter Pan collar was totally 60's! I was maybe in 7th grade when Twiggy hit big--she wore a lot of cute little collared dresses. thirty seconds on Google Images tells the tale! I understand changing the neckline to make it current, but she was not off base with the choice of the Peter Pan.

The other team could have done so much with the 60's. Paisley prints, mini skirts, hippie clothes like bell bottom pants and fringed vests. They got stuck on the Jackie O. look and not everyone dressed like her in the 60'. Samantha did a good job on the coat but I groaned when the judge asked to see the dress underneath. Ugh! I felt bad for her.

I knew they'd lost when they said "no prints". And in case there was any doubt, they went with earth tones. The 60's to me were bright colors and prints galore. Little flowered print skirts and dresses were all the rage, big splashy flower prints, paisley, orange, hot pink, and lemon yellow. The color palette was all wrong. If they were going for early 60's, Mad Men style, they missed the mark with the shapes. Once Matt said Jacki O. I got it, but it was a stretch. And Kelly Osborne, love her or hate her, is a bit of a 60's aficionado. She knew it was all kinds of bad.

• Love 10

That dress with the Peter Pan collar was totally 60's! I was maybe in 7th grade when Twiggy hit big--she wore a lot of cute little collared dresses. thirty seconds on Google Images tells the tale! I understand changing the neckline to make it current, but she was not off base with the choice of the Peter Pan.

I knew they'd lost when they said "no prints". And in case there was any doubt, they went with earth tones. The 60's to me were bright colors and prints galore. Little flowered print skirts and dresses were all the rage, big splashy flower prints, paisley, orange, hot pink, and lemon yellow. The color palette was all wrong. If they were going for early 60's, Mad Men style, they missed the mark with the shapes. Once Matt said Jacki O. I got it, but it was a stretch. And Kelly Osborne, love her or hate her, is a bit of a 60's aficionado. She knew it was all kinds of bad.

So right about the colors!  I remember when the 70s palette came in - muddy colors that made my skin look like goop, and the skirts went from barely decent to covering you up practically to the floor.  Whiplash! 

• Love 1

Fashion had 2 major fashion trends in the 60s.  The blonde girl mentioned Bohemian and that excited her.  The Simplicity pattern box is where her vision became derailed.  They thought they had to make an updated version of something there.  I interpreted the challenge that way, too.  

I think Tim clued the judges in to why they chose that specific route and the trouble they had with it, starting over 3 times.  Thus no elimination. 

Sirano mentioned Woodstock; he was expecting to see an updated hippy/Bohemian collection. That would have been fabulous!. 

Samantha is good and I was relieved to see she stayed.   I can see her winning this. 

I loved the red dress that won!

I loved hearing Tim tell all of them, no more crop tops!  Yay to that!  

• Love 1

My favorite outfit was Zachary's cigarette pants and the inventive belted jacket in beige.  I was surprised he wasn't singled out more during judging, but perhaps because he had immunity, they wanted to focus more on Zach and Bridget's designs.  I liked both of them, but I felt that neither of their looks had a "modern twist" to them with the possible exception of Zach's low cut front on the jacket.  When the judges mentioned Katherine Hepburn, I knew immediately that they were probably thinking of her gowns in Philadelphia Story (1940).  In particular this one:  http://theglamoroushousewife.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/katharine-hepburn-style-2.jpg.  Or even this one from "Bringing Up Baby" (1938) http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg217/pintucks/bringingupbaby-1.jpg.  IMO, these looks are more synonymous with the late 30's than the 40's.

For those who are saying that peter pan collars were all the rage in the 1960's, I think that was Tim's point.  The designers were supposed to put a modern twist on their decades' design.  With the peter pan collar, Maya's dress could have come straight from a vintage store.

Add me to the list who think that they are keeping Matt around for his flamboyant personality.  The judges even said that he hasn't designed anything they have really liked.  Also, I agree with whomever said that his head scarf was much more Grace Kelly in the 50's than it was Jackie O in the 60's.  Jackie O is more affiliated with the pillbox hat, IMO.

Edited by lark37
  • Love 4
So right about the colors!  I remember when the 70s palette came in - muddy colors that made my skin look like goop, and the skirts went from barely decent to covering you up practically to the floor.  Whiplash!

Haha, you're describing my closet! If my skirt isn't precariously close to revealing my business, it's almost dragging on the ground. I am a woman of extremes, I tell you (and lots of opaque tights, too, lest you think I'm wearing the former while bare-legged)!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

I don't have much to add, except that I was very disappointed in the construction quality this week.  I understand it for the 60's team, since they were low on time, but most of the clothes on the winning team had issues, including the winning dress.  However, while the winning dress was not as fabulous as it could have been, the color and fabric choice were impeccible!  It's hard to find a slinky red that doesn't look cheap.

I'm glad the kids aren't fighting. 

For those who are saying that peter pan collars were all the rage in the 1960's, I think that was Tim's point.  The designers were supposed to put a modern twist on their decades' design.  With the peter pan collar, Maya's dress could have come straight from a vintage store.

Not to nitpick, but Tim was clutching his pearls and saying Twiggy would NEVER have bee seen in a Peter Pan collar. I think changing up the collar was the right way to go, and the dress looked better and more modern, less of a throwback

• Love 1

I gave that decision the side-eye while watching, but on reflection I think they just got overwhelmed with the amount of fabric they needed to get and the vest probably seemed easy to ditch. The clip of Samantha rolling her eyes when Maya bemoaned the loss of vest, if it wasn't !Editing!, did make me wonder a bit, though. The difference between 13 and 16 can be quite a bit and I hope Maya is doing okay socially in this group. (They do seem pretty pleasant so far, which is a nice change from the adult show!)

That said, I am a cutthroat beeyotch at heart and I think both Matt and Samantha should be gone. It would be awesome if they changed up the whole "winner from the winning team and loser from losing team" because I thought Jaxson's top deserved to be called out, and Victoria seems like she's not going to be there for too much longer. Looking at the team outfit pictures side by side, I actually liked Team 1960s' looks better and loved Jesse's colorblocked dress. I am interested to see what he will do next and I like his personality very much.

• Love 3

Zach should have won. I am guessing he didn't because his pattern wouldn't be simple enough to be made into a Simplicity pattern?

When I saw Zach's outfit, this was my first thought as well.  While it was the best designed and constructed, it was not the easiest to put into a pattern and duplicate.  The red dress would give them multiple options to include in a pattern such as making it with short sleeves, no sleeves, shorter skirt, making it into a jumpsuit instead of a skirt, etc.

I also do not understand the judge's Samantha love.  Last week I didn't get her muppet dress and all the praise when she used an "unconventional material" that was basically cloth.  When compared to others making outfits out of floor mats, key chains, sun visors.... her choice to only use a fabric based material was not innovative or risky.  This week, I felt like she was railroading her team to doing what she wanted to do by repeatedly talking about her great jacket and how it would be a show stopper.  To me it was a basic concept that had no design element and was, frankly, poorly constructed. I'm not sure if her unfinished edges are a design choice, but it seems like in seasons past that would be critiqued for being unfinished or for not knowing how to do it.  

It annoys me when they don't eliminate anyone because it seems clear that they would rather have cut someone from the winning team and are holding onto people who seriously underperformed.  To me it was a no brainer that Matt should have went home, but they know he's good for sound bytes and personality so he's not going anywhere.    It will be interesting to see next week if the 2 that go home were both on this week's winning team.  My pure guess without having seen any spoilers or speculation is that it will be Jaxson and Victoria.

• Love 2

I gave that decision the side-eye while watching, but on reflection I think they just got overwhelmed with the amount of fabric they needed to get and the vest probably seemed easy to ditch. The clip of Samantha rolling her eyes when Maya bemoaned the loss of vest,

My problem with Samantha ditching the vest and especially rolling her eyes at Maya (if it wasn't edited) is that she made sure she held on to her jacket through every iteration and yet didn't give Maya the same consideration of her idea.

• Love 6

Not to nitpick, but Tim was clutching his pearls and saying Twiggy would NEVER have bee seen in a Peter Pan collar. I think changing up the collar was the right way to go, and the dress looked better and more modern, less of a throwback

Not sure what you mean about nitpicking as it seems as if you are agreeing with me.  Although Tim was wrong about Twiggy never being seen in a Peter Pan collar. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8pw5ZUnErTI/UE6XxkREStI/AAAAAAAAAvU/cBO1fII0Nog/s1600/Twiggy9079&9077.jpg  I meant that I think he was correct about telling Maya she should change up the collar to make it less vintage 60's and put a more modern twist on it which is exactly what she did.  I think she is very talented!

Not sure what you mean about nitpicking as it seems as if you are agreeing with me.  Although Tim was wrong about Twiggy never being seen in a Peter Pan collar. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8pw5ZUnErTI/UE6XxkREStI/AAAAAAAAAvU/cBO1fII0Nog/s1600/Twiggy9079&9077.jpg  I meant that I think he was correct about telling Maya she should change up the collar to make it less vintage 60's and put a more modern twist on it which is exactly what she did.  I think she is very talented!

I do agree, I apologize! I was reading quickly and thought you were saying that Tim was correct that the Peter Pan collar would never have been seen on Twiggy. Proves I should not read at work! (hangs head in shame). I also agree that the collar change up was very well done. (Looks like we both Googled images of Twiggy, I found the same one). I am spending waaaaaay too much time thinking about Twiggy, Peter Pan collars, and 60's fashion! 

So there wasn't an episode on Thanksgiving, and we went from the unconventional challenge directly to this team challenge? I was out of town for the holiday and thought I had missed something, but I guess not.

I think the problem with the 60's team was that there are at least three styles from that time. I have no idea how design history treats this; I am just making this up out of my experience in the 60's.  The first third of the decade is Jackie Kennedy and her pill box hats, then there is the Twiggy period with shifts and those tent dresses, and then there is the Woodstock period of hippies. It seemed like we got 3 shifts. Maya's dress which I liked seemed a blend of shift and tent. I guess they tried to avoid prints like paisley because they wanted to "update" the look. Because the looks are so distinctive, I think they should have picked one period of the 60's and stuck to it. The jacket seemed like it belonged to the first period and Matt referenced Jackie. The other 3 dresses seemed to come from the Twiggy era. I realize there periods overlap some, but I am trying to make sense of it in my own head.  I am having trouble remembering names. I think it was Samantha with the blue jacket and the unfinished white shift underneath.  If I recall correctly she had won

one  challenge already, and the judges said they hadn't liked anything the other bottom scorer (was that Matt?) had sent down the runway so I figured she was safe and he was a goner. I hate that the next one will be a double elimination. On the other hand, I  often comment that I wish they would keep everyone at least 2 weeks before having a multiple elimination.  I guess I am just as inconsistent as the designers and judges.

I did think the 40's team did a better job overall. I am ambivalent about the winning dress. I do agree with whoever commented about how the pattern can be altered in so many ways and that was probably a plus for Simplicity. I don't know if the designer had that in mind, but I think that would be something to consider if asked to design for a pattern company. It may just be that I was tired, but I thought it looked more like lounge wear for Miss Scarlet in Clue. 

• Love 2

I liked how passionate Kelly and Christian were in the deliberations.  Though I am confused...is "Blanche from Golden Girls" really a compliment?  And if so, how does that tie into the 1940s?

I was fine with the non-elimination because I'm over eliminations on reality shows in general.  I'd rather they do it Voice (this year) style and drag it out for months only to have a last-minute bloodbath before the finale.  And if the goal is to protect their feelings, I think eliminating them in bunches might help that- then there's not one "loser" singled out (though I hope they didn't keep them around for that reason).

As far as the 60s kids and fabrics- if I remember correctly their phone didn't work when they were in Mood so they couldn't communicate with their teammates.  Sucks for whatever company was trying to sponsor that moment.  I thought that whole thing was a lot of unnecessary nonsense anyway.  Send 'em all over.  I'm happy that it didn't cause too much drama, since that's what it seemed designed to do (um, no pun intended).

I do agree, I apologize! I was reading quickly and thought you were saying that Tim was correct that the Peter Pan collar would never have been seen on Twiggy. Proves I should not read at work! (hangs head in shame). I also agree that the collar change up was very well done. (Looks like we both Googled images of Twiggy, I found the same one). I am spending waaaaaay too much time thinking about Twiggy, Peter Pan collars, and 60's fashion! 

Lol!  Today is my day off and instead of being productive (although I am doing some online Xmas shopping), I am being sidetracked by googling fashion images. When I googled Twiggy Peter Pan collar, I came up with several images of Mia Farrow in her Rosemary's Baby clothing.  The Peter Pan collar dress was very popular in the 60's.  I confess I had a couple of those dresses when I was a little girl in late 60's and early 70's.  Of course, I also googled Katherine Hepburn's 1930s/40s gowns and even Grace Kelly and Jackie O fashions.  I need to get some work done before bed ha!

• Love 1

I was impressed with Zachary's knowledge and passion, too. Zach's look was impressive, and I get the allure of Bridget's look. 

Jesse flew under the radar this week, but had a lot to deal with, with his teammates. I was glad for any glances. I understand the judges wanting to keep Matt for drama (and malleability), and Samantha for the promise she's shown... but I would've preferred that they sent someone home, and let TG use his save if he felt moved to do so. It is going to get harder for everyone as time goes on... 

I found Maya and Zach's looks most memorable, but agree that Bridget's probably fit the pattern challenge best. 

I think maybe the non-elimination had to do with the fact that kids this age may not really know what cohesive means, and may have little understanding of the time periods they were given. Hell, even the adult PR people don't always get cohesion. I did think it a bit odd that Tim mentioned Twiggy wouldn't wear Peter Pan collars, but now I'm thinking he just meant the collar in particular didn't look good and didn't make the dress modern.

I liked Samantha previously, but was annoyed at her idea to scrap the vest and annoyed that she sent out a half finished dress. Her coat was also kind of boring. The winning red dress was lovely and looked like something Lauren Bacall or Joan Crawford might wear. I never saw Blanche from Golden Girls in anything 40's inspired, her looks were pure 80's in my opinion. I liked several of the outfits from both teams, but agree to no more crop tops.

• Love 1

For crissake, Tim. Twiggy wore whatever damned well the designers/magazines she was paid to model for gave her to wear. If his implication is that he's familiar with everything she wore in her personal life, just shut up. I'm so over him.

Out of curiosity, I sent a screenshot of the winning team to a few friends who aren't familiar with the show, asking which of the three decades inspired it and which outfit was the winner. Most people guessed the 50s, although some said "none of the above." The winner was divided between the navy peplum and the tan coat dress. Nobody thought the red choir robe won shit, but to be fair, it looked even bunchier and more ill-fitting in the screenshot than it did moving down the runway.

Edited by lordonia
  • Love 2

Although I usually hate team challenges beacuse it's obviously a way for the producers to create conflict but I was pleasantly surprised how well the teams worked together. You'd think that teenagers would be more apt to squabble but both teams were able to collaborate without fighting or drama. Take note, Project Runway Senior designers!

Maya did a great job listening to Tim's feedback about the Peter Pan collar and then coming up with that strappy choker top which definitely gave her dress a totally different vibe. I really liked her fabric color too.

Samantha, on the other hand, refused to give up on that coat of hers. While part of me understands staying true to your vision, you still have to be open to constructive criticism and feedback. The construction of her coat was terrible. Did she finish any of the edges? The neckline was visibly crooked and the right side was totally different from the left side. It looked like she didn't even cut the fabric straight down the front. I couldn't believe that Kelly said it was chic. I thought it looked like a bad home ec project. I hated that she told the judges this was what she wanted to do and "luckily it fit into the collection." No, when you are collaborating or creating a collection, you can't just do whatever you want and then hope you can shoehorn it in or that everyone else's looks will complement yours. How did she spent so much time on that coat?

I'm glad that Christian told Matt no more crop tops. I didn't really get a 60s vibe from his outfit. I rolled my eyes when he kept emphasizing the head scarf and Jackie O because that is not enough to make an outfit 60s inspired. When he said that he made the head scarf, I thought, okay, so you cut a piece of fabric?

Why didn't we get to hear comments about Peytie's cute patterned dress or Jesse's color blocked dress?

The judges were kind to say that Jaxson's top was messy. It was much worse than that. I loved Zach's navy blue jacket and cigarette pants. I could definitely see someone from the 40s or someone today wearing it. I don't know if I would ever wear the jacket with the collar flipped in as he showed the judges but it's nice to have that option. It was tailored pretty well. Even though the neckline was kind of low, we didn't see any boob popping out because he got the fit right.

I couldn't figure out if I liked Bridget's Golden Girls red satin robe. That was definitely something Blanche Deveraux would wear. I cracked up when Kelly said you could also wear it to a yacht party. I'm always trying to find pajamas that can also double as yacht wear! I think that if the sleeves weren't so long and belled, I might have liked it better but I understand making the sleeves longer so it wasn't totally similar to the original pattern. She chose a great color and the fabric moved well, which really helped her. But in the end, it just looked like a red satin robe so I didn't understand why the judges loved it so much. Weird that Zachary's taupe dress got no judges' critiques on camera.

Instead of a double save, I wish they would have done a double elimination this week. Both Matt and Samantha didn't do enough this week. Matt's outfit was well made but didn't fit the challenge. Samantha's looked really cheap and poorly made.

Zachary's knowledge of fashion history is better than many of the designers on PR Senior, which was really nice to see.

Hated Kelly's lavender lipstick.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

I cut them all slack on the fit.  They have not had the experience necessary to tailor something perfectly in one day.  The judges are loose on that, too.  

I agreed with the decision to not eliminate anyone.  They had 2 of the best designers on the bottom.  

• Love 1

I agreed with the decision to not eliminate anyone.  They had 2 of the best designers on the bottom.

That's always been a pet peeve of mine with the adult version. "In fashion, one day you're in and the next day you're out, unless you're a judge favorite and the person we really wanted to send home ended up on the winning team or did undeniably good work." :-) (but have they invoked the in/out line with this group? I usually fast-forward through the intro segment)

• Love 1

That's always been a pet peeve of mine with the adult version. "In fashion, one day you're in and the next day you're out, unless you're a judge favorite and the person we really wanted to send home ended up on the winning team or did undeniably good work." :-) (but have they invoked the in/out line with this group? I usually fast-forward through the intro segment)

They don't say Heidi's tag line on this version. 

I expect manipulation on reality TV, some more than others, of course.   Judges favorites are the ones who are creating the best clothes.*  I totally get why they would want to keep a good designer who clutched and created something less than their ability one time.  I don't want to watch if the best of the lot are eliminated on a glitch.  I want to see good clothes.  

These are kids and beginners.  A softer kinder touch is needed.  They are doing a good job with the critiques. 

* exception being Ashley and her plus sized mess

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

No More Crop Tops!!!  If they had said that in Original Recipe Runway Ashley wouldn't have won because that's all she knew how to make (sorry,I'm still bitter)

Thank You all for saying that red dress was a robe because that's all I could think. It's a robe! No wait, it's a gown from Camelot on Once Upon A Time! Anyway--me no likey. I think it was the HUGE belled sleeves that practically covered her hands that mostly bothered me.

Chiming in that YES Twiggy wore peter pan collars. Was this supposed to be create something that LOOKS 40's or UPDATE the 40 (60's whatever decade) because that was';t clear. BUT when you look at the Simplicity patterns that are exactly like that era not "updated" so I didn't get Tims comment AT ALL.

And that girl (Don't know her name) who INSISTED on making that jacket? Yes, a designer should stand by there work BUT when you're 16 (or whatever age) you TAKE the criticism and make changes. That's called learning and growing. Not digging in your heels and refusing to change. She really bugged me!

Lastly-still enjoying no hair salon or makeup minutes. Thanks show !! We KNOW they go to hair and makeup we don't need to see it for 14 seasons!

• Love 2

I did think it a bit odd that Tim mentioned Twiggy wouldn't wear Peter Pan collars, but now I'm thinking he just meant the collar in particular didn't look good and didn't make the dress modern.

I believe Tim first said the Peter Pan collar was too prim, but he rest of the dress was good.  He then went on to Matt's dress, which was a tightly-fitted moss green monstrosity.  I think Matt said Twiggy would wear it, and Tim said Twiggy would never wear that.  When they went back to the plum dress with the Peter Pan collar and Tim made the Twiggy comment, I think Tim meant she should go with the dress, because Twiggy would wear it, but to leave off the collar to make it more modern.  At least that's how I interpreted it.

• Love 1

WhoAmIReally, that's how I remembered the Peter Pan/Twiggy conversation too. Tim's Twiggy comment was for Matt's dress (specifically because Matt said it was something Twiggy would wear). His Peter Pan collar remarks to Maya weren't about if it was 60s or not but that he liked her dress and the collar was making it dowdy.

They don't say Heidi's tag line on this version.

The host definitely said it during the runway intro just before the runway show. She then told the bottom two designers "you're in" at the very end.
  • Love 1

I think the "too many crop tops from 1 of the designers" thing is kind of funny. Mostly because in the last few days multiple celebrity websites have posted a pic/pics of George Clooney's wife, Amal, wearing--you guessed it--a (albeit "fancy/dressy"--it looks metallic) crop top to some event & they're making like it's a big fashion trend/thing (she's also worn crop tops to other events since their wedding--but she's also still younger than 40 & she still has the abs to be able to wear those tops without looking inappropriate, so...).

Here's a link to 1 of the sites with pics of her in said crop top.

http://m.etonline.com/news/177387_amal_clooney_flashes_her_slim_stomach_show_stopping_metallic_crop_top_ensemble/

I'm just not a fan of Samantha's personality and haven't been since episode 1.  I feel weird saying that about a kid but there you have it.

I did like her coat though.

My knowledge of the 40s and 60s fashions isn't super-immense, but I do remember a 40's renaissance in the 90's.  I remember really liking 40's clothes as a kid.  The really feminine silhouettes.

I've never been a 60s fashion woman, ever.  Not into bohemian, not into mini skirts, hate all of it.

My long-winded way of seeing that it was really hard for me to see the decades inspiration in any of the collections.  These are CHILDREN in 2015 -- couldn't they have been briefed better with magazine clippings, Google Images, Wikipedia, something?!  There's no way anyone should expect they have extensive knowledge of the fashion of those decades.  Sorry.  When they were doing a decades challenge I was thinking great -- 80s, 90s, and 2000s.  Even 80s would be pushing it for these kids.  I think the show is forgetting that some of these contestants were born in the fucking 2000s!    Born!    Some of them are probably in the generation AFTER Millennials for christ's sake!  If you're going to force them to do a decade they have zero knowledge of, at least educate them significantly.    When or how would a 13 year old kid in 2015 be able or willing to learn about 1940's fashion?  Can somebody enlighten me?   I'm in my 30s and I only extensively learned about 80's music whenever Wikipedia came out.  Before that it was just memories of sounds I had but could not name.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay