Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: AKA 1,000 Cuts

That was eventful, like two episodes squeezed into one. I'm confused. If Jessica is immune, why was she Kilgrave's captive for so long? I also don't get why some victims can be rationally conversational (like Jeri and Wendy) when controlled by Kilgrave while other victims are like lobotomized robots. Simpson's drug-enhanced obsession is intense. So glad Trish decided to act fast instead of freaking out.

Edited by numbnut

That was eventful, like two episodes squeezed into one. I'm confused. If Jessica is immune, why was she Kilgrave's captive for so long? I also don't get why some victims can be rationally conversational (like Jeri and Wendy) when controlled by Kilgrave while other victims are like lobotomized robots. Simpson's drug-enhanced obsession is intense. So glad Trish decided to act fast instead of freaking out.

Well, she's "special", so I imagine she was better able to resist, and therefore required Kilgrave to exert more control over her. I imagine his mind control was like poison, she was blasted with such a high dose for so long that she eventually built up the defenses to resist and leave him to die. Maybe the amount of effort to re-capture her mind in the first place is now way too high.

• Love 5
Well, she's "special", so I imagine she was better able to resist, and therefore required Kilgrave to exert more control over her. I imagine his mind control was like poison, she was blasted with such a high dose for so long that she eventually built up the defenses to resist and leave him to die.

Ah, that's makes sense. Thanks for breaking it down.

• Love 1

Holy shit Simpson!  Budget Morgan Freeman was only 2 years away!  I guess Hogarth does lean to the darker side of the black/white spectrum. 

Bodies are just dropping left and right.  I love the Kilgrave/Jessica dynamic. It is so twisted and intense. 

Those poor stupid support group people.  

Fantastic episode!

• Love 10

Holy shit Simpson!  Budget Morgan Freeman was only 2 years away!  

I groaned when he said that. I was like, dude, you just signed your death certificate! Poor guy. 

What group is Simpson part of? Some Super Soldier spin off group? I'm intrigued.

• Love 4

Well, she's "special", so I imagine she was better able to resist, and therefore required Kilgrave to exert more control over her. I imagine his mind control was like poison, she was blasted with such a high dose for so long that she eventually built up the defenses to resist and leave him to die. Maybe the amount of effort to re-capture her mind in the first place is now way too high.

I think it's a combination of things, her powers the trauma of committing murder and the fact she had been under his control for so long she built up a tolerance to it.  Kilgrave never seemed to stay in one place very long so over time perhaps others might have as we

The clue was last ep, when he asked for a 'Red'.

I know of the character but I don't know the character I probably wouldn't have made the connections if it hadn't been posted.

I realize Netflix and ABC are different beasts, but I'd love to know when this is taking place in terms of the MCU.  I feel like it has to be between avengers one and two.  Because this has to be happening before season three of agents of shield for sure.

• Love 1

I realize Netflix and ABC are different beasts, but I'd love to know when this is taking place in terms of the MCU.  I feel like it has to be between avengers one and two.  Because this has to be happening before season three of agents of shield for sure.

I believe it's supposed to be taking place in like January/February 2015 after Daredevil which was Fall ish 2014? So definitely before this season of SHIELD and also before Ultron. It's also before Ant Man.

• Love 2

It would also be interesting to know if Kilgrave has ever held anyone in his sway for as long as he did Jessica.  He only held Hope for a month, and everyone else we've seen has been temporary.  Malcolm is the only other person that we know of that he's kept in some capacity for longer than a few months, but even with Malcolm we know that he wasn't using his powers to compel him the whole time (he exploited Malcolm's addiction instead).  Maybe anyone, not just an enhanced person, could build up the kind of immunity Jessica did if they remained under Kilgrave's constant control for so long.

• Love 4

So I loved Carrie Ann Moss' work on this show and I'm sad because I doubt we'll see much more of her after this fiasco. I mean, Hogarth is just a horrible person but the acting was magnificent. Actually I'm thinking the MCU would have been a better place had she been cast as Maria Hill. Nothing against Cobie Smulders, but had they gone with an older, battle hardened Director Hill like in the most recent run of Black Widow comics, Moss would have been perfect. She even looks a bit like Phil Noto draws the character, or rather Phil Noto draws everyone's eyes to look a little like Carrie Ann Moss.

• Love 6

I don't think the key to resistance is simply time.  Kilgrave's parents were under his sway for awhile. I don't recall exactly what they said, but it sounded like they stuck it out for some time.

I was surprised that Jessica only now figured out that she's immune. I thought that was clear from the flashbacks to the bus incident, but I suppose if she had misremembered the exact sequence of events, that would explain why she didn't know for sure. It certainly clarifies her mindset in the previous episodes. I sorta suspected she didn't get it, but I wasn't sure until this ep.

The one thing about this show that throws me is how variable or non-spectacular Jessica's powers are. For example, super strength and super jumping both imply, from a purely physical perspective, a resistance to physical trauma. Yet Crazy Neighbour was able not only to knock Jessica out with one blow to the head, but to knock her out overnight.

• Love 6

I don't think Jessica was always immune.  I think she was able to fight his influence of little by little possible because she is a powered person.  It is also possible his influence wore off because he held her for so long.  I liked how both Jessica and Kilgrave both had different recollections of the same event where Jessica almost got away from him.  

Well Hogarth finally showed her true colors letting Pam take the fall for Wendy's death.   That was cold.   I did like the scenes in Wendy's house when Kilgrave asked her why she didn't seek revenge.  How do you seek revenge for death by a thousand cuts.....Well Kilgrave gave her a way.  

• Love 1

Jessica wasn't always immune, we saw that he was controlling her because she was wearing dresses and furs with him and he made her start to cut her ear off. 

I think her powers helped her build up an immunity over time. Like the flu shot giving you a strain of the flu virus to help you not get the flu. Jessica can get hurt but we've seen she heals faster. Her powers were probably slowly fighting off his hold and countering it, until they finally did after she killed Reva. 

• Love 6
Well Hogarth finally showed her true colors letting Pam take the fall for Wendy's death. That was cold.

But Pam did kill Wendy. That plot line got kind of murky for me at the end because Jeri didn't do anything to Pam, as I saw it. Wendy's murder was justified and I don't see how the DA could even have brought charges. Hitting someone over the head isn't surefire death and Pam did not intend to kill Wendy, only to stop her from repeatedly slashing Jeri.

• Love 3
But Pam did kill Wendy. That plot line got kind of murky for me at the end because Jeri didn't do anything to Pam, as I saw it.

Before Jessica left the scene she told Pam that what she did was self defense but what Jeri did could constitute murder.  Its about perception.  Pam kills Wendy and the only witness is Jeri who could easily say that she was trying to work things out with Wendy and a jealous Pam came in and attacked.    

Edited by Chaos Theory

I liked that they made Pam smart, she figured out that Jeri brought Killgrave there to force Wendy to sign the divorce papers. She brought a dangerous madman into the home of her ex and caused everything that happened afterwards. 

By doing what she did helping Killgrave escape by cutting the electrical wire showed that she didn't really understand or believe Jessica and Hope on how evil he was. Now she does since she experienced it first hand and lost everything because of her own arrogance and ignorance. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 8

Before Jessica left the scene she told Pam that what she did was self defense but what Jeri did could constitute murder.  Its about perception.  Pam kills Wendy and the only witness is Jeri who could easily say that she was trying to work things out with Wendy and a jealous Pam came in a attacked.

I don't think perception is the issue here. I don't think there's any chance given the extent of Jeri's injuries that anyone would assume that Pam acted in anything but defense of Jeri. The cut on the palm of Jeri's hand where she tied to grab the knife from Wendy would eliminate he narrative that Pam might have just walked in on the two of them working things out and flipped out. Wendy also likely has signs of struggle (scratches and what not) on her body left by Jeri during her attempt to disarm Wendy. It shouldn't matter that Jeri is the only witness given the body of forensic evidence that's there to corroborate their story.

I thought the "cold" part wasn't that Jeri wasn't trying to shield Pam from having to deal with the police, Pam likely understood that. It was learning that Jeri chose to bring Kilgrave to Wendy that shook Pam. That's what Jessica meant when she said that what Jeri did counts as murder. Jeri's choices led to Kilgrave's escape and she made a fatal mistake by choosing Wendy over any other doctor she knew to bring Kilgrave to.

• Love 13

I don't think perception is the issue here. I don't think there's any chance given the extent of Jeri's injuries that anyone would assume that Pam acted in anything but defense of Jeri. The cut on the palm of Jeri's hand where she tied to grab the knife from Wendy would eliminate he narrative that Pam might have just walked in on the two of them working things out and flipped out. Wendy also likely has signs of struggle (scratches and what not) on her body left by Jeri during her attempt to disarm Wendy. It shouldn't matter that Jeri is the only witness given the body of forensic evidence that's there to corroborate their story.

It would depend on how the DA chose to interpret the evidence.

Picture this: Jeri and Pam come to force Wendy to sign the divorce papers, things get heated and they try to kill her. Wendy defends herself with a scalpel and when she gets the upper hand Pam bashes her skull from behind. The forensics could support that. And the soon to be exwife who is refusing to sign divorce papers getting suddenly killed in an altercation with her spouse and the "other woman"? That's bound to raise all sorts of red flags.

• Love 1

Okay, I'm a big Jeri apologist, but her most heinous act to me was siccing Jessica on Wendy to pressure her to finalize the divorce. Jessica took it to the extreme with physical violence and threats, but Jeri was fully complicit.

And btw, does Jessica think her role as a PI includes being an enforcer? That woman just does not think clearly some (a lot?) of the time.

• Love 2

"I told you take me to a Doctor you trust and you bring me to a woman you shat on?"

Before Jessica left the scene she told Pam that what she did was self defense but what Jeri did could constitute murder.  Its about perception.  Pam kills Wendy and the only witness is Jeri who could easily say that she was trying to work things out with Wendy and a jealous Pam came in and attacked.    

I think she was referring to Jeri cutting the electric wire in the quarantine room thus helping Kilgrave kill his mom and escape.

• Love 8

That was eventful, like two episodes squeezed into one. I'm confused. If Jessica is immune, why was she Kilgrave's captive for so long?

Yeah I actually got confused about which episode this was.

She wasnt always immune. She only became immune after killing Cage's wife.  As for the rooftop. Kilgraves influence only lasts 10-12 hours, then he needs to re-influence  the victim. So his influence wore off for 18 seconds before he told her to come back inside.

This why he had to get Jessica's neighbor hooked on drugs becuase his influence would wear off overnight. 

Edited by The Kings Foot
  • Love 5

Since Jessica showed up about ten seconds after Pam, I assume she called her.

Jessica came there because she thought Killgrave was there. She certainly wouldn't have called Pam to go tell her to go where Jessica thought Killgrave was. 

• Love 4

It would depend on how the DA chose to interpret the evidence.

Picture this: Jeri and Pam come to force Wendy to sign the divorce papers, things get heated and they try to kill her. Wendy defends herself with a scalpel and when she gets the upper hand Pam bashes her skull from behind. The forensics could support that. And the soon to be exwife who is refusing to sign divorce papers getting suddenly killed in an altercation with her spouse and the "other woman"? That's bound to raise all sorts of red flags.

I don't think the number of cuts Jeri or their wide range of placement would support your theory of what the forensics would show.  It wouldn't look like self defense, it would look like Wendy was the aggressor.  Wendy got to 30 cut marks before Pam broke into the house to save Jeri.  The pattern of marks would match the truth of the story, that Jeri was being chased around the room by a person with a knife who was cutting her to maim her, not just to defend herself.  As would the pattern of bloody hand and foot prints in Jeri's blood on the walls (most of which appear low the ground, showing that Wendy had Jeri crawling just to get away from her) and floor, or the blood on the door knob that Jeri left as she tried to escape. Could a DA with an ax to grind try to paint a different picture?  In theory yes they could, but none ever would.  DAs don't like to take cases they can't win, so they would be highly unlikely to take a pretty straight forward defense case against someone with the clout to be represented by a top notch defense attorney. 

Okay, I'm a big Jeri apologist, but her most heinous act to me was siccing Jessica on Wendy to pressure her to finalize the divorce. Jessica took it to the extreme with physical violence and threats, but Jeri was fully complicit.

And btw, does Jessica think her role as a PI includes being an enforcer? That woman just does not think clearly some (a lot?) of the time.

I'm pretty sure that's why Jeri employs her.  Jeri could employ any PI, one who is more professional than Jessica and who wouldn't rudely barge into her office whenever s/he damn well pleased.  She puts up with Jessica's bullshit because of her super strength and the advantages it gives her in getting things done through any means necessary.  And that's exactly why she chose Jessica to dig up dirt on Wendy.  Jessica straight up asked Jeri in episode 6 if she should dangle Wendy off a ledge if that's what it would take to get her to sign the divorce papers, and Jeri said yes.  Given Jeri's history with Jessica, I'm pretty sure she didn't take Jessica's example of what "any means necessary" might mean as hyperbole.  She knew that's something that could happen if she told Jessica to do whatever she had to to get the papers signed.

As an aside, I just rewatched the scene between Pam and Jeri in the interrogation room and was struck by how much Jeri sounded like Kilgrave in that moment.  The way she deflected Pam's accusation that Jeri made Pam a killer by bringing Kilgrave to Wendy's apartment mirrored Kilgrave's response to Jessica when she confronted him over his part in Reva's death.  I like Jeri, but that was fucking cold.  You don't talk that way to someone who just saved your life.  

• Love 6

Why was Pam at Wendy's house in the first place?  They never actually explained that, did they?

From the interrogation room scene between Jeri and Pam it seems like Jeri just wasn't answering Pam's calls so she figured she was trying to get Wendy to sign the divorce papers and went over there as back up.

Edited by funkopop
  • Love 1

The way she deflected Pam's accusation that Jeri made Pam a killer by bringing Kilgrave to Wendy's apartment mirrored Kilgrave's response to Jessica when she confronted him over his part in Reva's death. 

Yes. So similar. Chilling.

• Love 3

I think this might have been my favorite episode of the season. I enjoyed Jeri's divorce plot and to have it end the way it did was...I want to say interesting but that isn't the right word. What really was interesting in a sick way was the conversation between Wendy and Kilgrave. I think Kilgrave was truly curious why Wendy didn't go after revenge on Jeri and her answer was fascinating....and then Kilgrave showed her how to get revenge on a thousand cuts.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1

Well, holy shit, apparently those are crazy pills that Simpson is taking. I screamed when he shot that guy in the head and briefly wondered if he got Kilgraved again somehow, but naaah, Kilgrave is a little busy. It must be the crazy pills.

Damn, I don't think he can come back from this.

• Love 5

Jessica wasn't always immune, we saw that he was controlling her because she was wearing dresses and furs with him and he made her start to cut her ear off. 

I think her powers helped her build up an immunity over time. Like the flu shot giving you a strain of the flu virus to help you not get the flu. Jessica can get hurt but we've seen she heals faster. Her powers were probably slowly fighting off his hold and countering it, until they finally did after she killed Reva. 

I wondered if the scene on the rooftop was meant to show Jessica was starting to become immune to Kilgrave. It seemed he had to call her several times to get her to come down from the ledge. I think the ear test was to check if he had reasserted control because he was starting to suspect something.

• Love 8

MygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygodMygod!

I'm so glad I decided to watch each episode with some time in between to compress because I couldn't take a marathon bingewatch of this show.

Jesus Christ.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 8

There's something absolutely insane about the idea that Kilgrave completely dismantled Jeri's life by telling her to take him to someone she trusted. To have that person be the wife she was divorcing, the wife that she had sicced Jessica on, the wife she was treating rather badly in her efforts to get out of the marriage, the wife who had been threatening to spill secrets about Jeri... and yet, apparently, she still trusted her.

What's more, Pam saving Jeri and realizing just how fucked up she actually was... This story was a sideliner but I thought it took a really interesting turn here at its end. Pam was attracted to Jeri's power but this episode seemed to wake her up that there was a lot more than just power here and that stuff she didn't much care for at all. She seemed to realize that Jeri could be quite callous when it came to the confrontation at the restaurant that Jeri proposed to Wendy in... but Pam still allied herself with Jeri until the very end when she realized Jeri was lying to her... and then realizing that Jeri's the one that took Kilgrave to Wendy... and why.

I was really fascinated by that aspect of the story.

Hope killing herself in order to free Jessica to kill Kilgrave in return... that was brutal and possibly the easy way out of a terrible situation. Hope didn't have a lot to go back to and she saw herself as a detriment to Jessica doing what needed to be done to eradicate Kilgrave. I think, ultimately, Hope wound up seeing herself as an obstacle that needed to be removed so that a far greater evil could be dealt with. Her story is a deeply tragic one... she didn't do anything wrong. She was just selected by an evil prick to amuse himself with and to punish someone else. He made her lesser than for no reason at all. 

She decided that if Jessica was determined to save her, then she'd kill herself so that Jessica would have to avenge her. I'm sure she felt it was a sacrifice worth making.

• Love 13

Further proof that Kilgrave just destroys everything he touches. And also, I have to admit I loved it that Jeri finally experienced his "gift". She was giving off such entitled vibes the whole show and her incomprehension what the havoc a man with this kind of power can cause. And now she has seen it first hand. It was a brilliant move to turn this dragging divorce storyline on it's head and with one command from him turn it into an absolute tragedy and a horror show. Wendy is dead, Pam in jail an Jeri has effectively lost them both, and even her precious carrier is threatened.

As for Hope, she was doomed. The poor girl was just a pawn and really an excuse for Jessica to not kill. Also, I think she wanted Kilgrave to pay by experiencing everything she and others felt. The humiliation and lose of free will. He would have gotten that by public exposure, loss of anonymity and being locked away in a prison for the rest of his life. But the things got out of hand at the end and Hope's death was the last straw for Jessica. At that point he just needed to be stopped.

Edited by tanita
  • Love 10

Hope killing herself in order to free Jessica to kill Kilgrave in return... that was brutal and possibly the easy way out of a terrible situation. Hope didn't have a lot to go back to and she saw herself as a detriment to Jessica doing what needed to be done to eradicate Kilgrave. I think, ultimately, Hope wound up seeing herself as an obstacle that needed to be removed so that a far greater evil could be dealt with. Her story is a deeply tragic one... she didn't do anything wrong. She was just selected by an evil prick to amuse himself with and to punish someone else. He made her lesser than for no reason at all. 

She decided that if Jessica was determined to save her, then she'd kill herself so that Jessica would have to avenge her. I'm sure she felt it was a sacrifice worth making.

In a very weird, sad, twisted way, I felt that Hope's suicide gave her a little bit of control back. She decided to take herself out of the equation and ensure that Jessica could kill Kilgrave.

• Love 9

So, it was Hogarth that cut the cord?!  Dammit, Hogarth.  Can't believe you fell for his act!  Now look at what you did!

They sure did use this episode to take out some of the supporting characters.  First, Clemons gets it at the hands/gun of his new, pill-popping Simpson.  Then Wendy is controlled by Kilgrave into attacking Hogarth, which leads to Pam hitting her from behind and accidentally killing her.  And then finally, Hope gets released, only to get kidnapped by Kilgrave and used as a pawn to make Jessica give Kilgrave's dad back to him.  So, first chance she gets, she slits her own throat so that he can no longer hold that over Jessica, and Jessica is free to kill him.  Man, is this a dark show!

Poor Malcolm.  I get that the guilt was getting to him and he needed to tell someone (other then Jessica or Trish) what really happened to Reuben, but man, that ended up backfiring on everyone in a big way.

A still mind-controlled Trish trying to actually force a bullet into her head with her hands was nuts.

So, Hogarth wanted the dead fetus because she wanted to find a way to replicate Kilgrave's powers.  Of course she did!  Kilgrave discovering that and where they're keeping the body is probably going to come into play.  I wonder what he has planned now.

• Love 5

Seriously? All that effort and pain and striving for Hope, and then she just offs herself? Sorry, but that's the cheap way out. And I mean on the part of the writers, not on the part of the characters. Disappointing. Very disappointing. And suddenly Kilgrave doesn't react at all, to stop his plans being ruined? Don't buy it.

I also found nutty sister's sudden perspicacity and drive very off as well. Unless Kilgrave got to her and told her to act like that, I don't buy it. Don't buy that she could hear Malcolm admit to what he did and not completely fly off the deep end, as well. She was far too rational and manipulative in getting the other members of the support group to agree with her. And then they careen around to Jessica's place just in time to free Kilgrave, and knock Jessica out of action so Kilgrave can get to Hope? I don't like coincidence and random chance being a critical part of a plot development.

So that was some really disappointing writing in an otherwise excellent series. The last couple of episodes had better make up for that.

The scene with Pam, Jeri and Jessica was a perfect tableau of Kilgrave's effect. One life ended, two ruined, because Kilgrave used them to get what he wanted. Poor Pam, she kills a woman and has her eyes opened to what an awful person she's fallen in love with, all in the same day. But hey, at least she didn't die, which puts her ahead of too many other people. But, again, I don't really but Hogarth's sudden inability to do anything but cower and snivel as she's being attacked. Look, the cuts will be painful, but not so much so that she couldn't grab something heavy and clock Wendy with it. Anyway, I hope we see Pam again, now she's wised-up. I'd happily see her as Jessica's lawyer contact in season 2. Perhaps in partnership with Marci from Daredevil.

Simpson's dickishness is cemented, too. Killing Clemons means that there's no redemption for him, but I think the red pill really just heightened his natural inclination to take charge and boss people around. He decided that Kilgrave should die, and he will not let anyone argue otherwise. I like that he's not playing 'evil' just douchey and cocksure. It fits with the sort of thing the military might want. The bit with him apologising and saying 'it won't happen again' while Trish kicked him out was a not-so-subtle domestic abuse nod. But more good character work for Trish, who immediately realises something is off, and reacts quickly and decisively by taking charge herself, and kicking him out. The only question now is whether he gets taken out this season, or becomes a villain for next. And how badly Trish beats his ass down when the time comes.

Jessica's solution to Trish needing to put a bullet in her head was nicely played, and shows the sort of smart lateral thinking that she's capable of. I guess that's the first time Trish has been controlled by Kilgrave, because her horror in the aftermath was palpable.

• Love 9

Pam's just a secretary, not a lawyer.  It's why she's always at the reception desk when Jessica comes into the firm's office and why we see her notify Jeri about phone calls in a couple of episodes. Wendy also refers to this job title in this episode, though I'm sure this isn't the first time it's been stated.  

• Love 4

Wow, Jeri... Can't believe what she did. And now she's paying for  her mistakes; I'm  just sorry for Wendy and Pam,  who are  also paying for her mistakes  too. And for the people who  will fall under  Kilgrave's control now. 

Poor Hope too! And the  cop! I totally thought he was going to survive. When Simpson shot him I was like "whaaaaat?". I don't know what's going on with Simpson, but I don't think he's kilgraved, so no reason  to kill The Wire guy. 

We saw pretty early that  Jessica could run away from Kilgrave after killing Luke's wife so I've always assumed that he couldn't control her anymore. I'm  surprised to see it's like a big reveal  now. 

I like the idea that he's like a virus. I guess you get infected the moment you breath the same air than him, although it isn't noticeable  until he gives you  an order. 

So, he was born with a neurodegenerative disease and his parents tried to save him, but the experiments were  awful and painful and somehow they gave him his powers, right?

• Love 3

Am I wrong or was Kilgrave siding with Wendy?  I thought he'd decided she was the wronged party (as he is in his own mind) and deserved vengeance, and that's why he ordered the death from a thousand cuts.

Kilgrave's parents stayed for about four years after his powers manifested.  And then apparently walked off one day?  It could be that only powered people can develop an immunity, or that the immunity is less a function of biochemistry than psychology.  I thought Jessica might have become immune because he pushed her to do something so much in opposition to her own identity.  Like the circuit in her mind that he tapped into for control was burnt out, never to be repaired.

I didn't expect Simpson to go off the deep end like this.  I'm only an intermittent comic reader and do not know the character.

I was scared for Trish and respected Jessica for coming up with a quick solution with the bullet.

Jessica has been cut multiple times, shot, and now knocked out.  She also tolerates a remarkable amount of alcohol while remaining...well, at least conscious.  She is not unlike Captain America - strong, fast and resilient, but vulnerable to injury.  Of course alcohol has no effect on Cap, and as far as I know he can't leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Every time I think this series is approaching its resolution it turns out to be a red herring.  I really have no idea how this plays out.

ETA: I can't tell if Kilgrave doesn't realize the experiments were originally designed to keep him alive, if he's convinced himself they were monstrous, or if his parents went well beyond the life-saving phase of the treatment with their continued testing.  The other children certainly didn't look like they were part of some type of virus trial.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • Love 4

Am I wrong or was Kilgrave siding with Wendy?  I thought he'd decided she was the wronged party (as he is in his own mind) and deserved vengeance, and that's why he ordered the death from a thousand cuts.

I think Kilgrave definitely saw a parallel between Jeri/Wendy and Jessica and himself. He sees Jessica leaving him and then turning against him as a betrayal comparable to a spouse leaving you for someone else, which is spectacularly delusional. But that's Kilgrave in a nutshell, really.

We saw pretty early that  Jessica could run away from Kilgrave after killing Luke's wife so I've always assumed that he couldn't control her anymore. I'm  surprised to see it's like a big reveal  now.

Kilgrave suspected that to be the case, but with a power like his, how could you ever know if breaking free was a one-time thing or a permanent immunity, without testing it? Jessica seemed to think that the trauma of killing Reva temporarily broke Kilgrave's hold, and then he was 'killed' by the bus, freeing her.

• Love 5

I, too, was pulling for Clemmons. I hoped the nod to his time left in service wasn't going to bite him. Then again, I'm more Trish-like about shows, even the darker ones.

Like our recapper, I was wondering how Robyn-- a total stranger to the support group-- could whip them up into a frenzy, especially one that was to take it's  hurt/frustration/whatever out on the woman who believed them.  To me, that was Kilgravian levels of suggestion. Such as them seeming to buy into the "she's probably in league with him!" crap.

I could barely handle the Wendy situation and Pam has a chance to get clear of the just-human toxicness of Jeri. Hopefully, the other partners will see Pam is still good at her job. Either she gets a good position with a promising lawyer or she gets a glowing recommendation for a new job.

• Love 3