Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E20: Live Top 11 Performances

• Start Topic

OMG. I have been waiting for someone on this show to do a toned down version of Dancing on My Own. Yay Jeffrey!!! And yay for getting the pimp spot.

When the camera pulled back during Korin's performance I swear we were looking at Gwen up there. She's turned her into quite the mini me. Not one of the coaches complimented her on her performance either. It was nice knowing you, Korin. I voted for you.

Braiden was awful. Like, really terrible. Spandau Ballet? At least it reminded me I haven't seen Sixteen Candles in awhile.

• Love 2

All I could think of was the Wedding Singer when Braiden sang.....this much is true ...Robbie and Juullliiiaa!

Worst were Braiden and Korin.

I loved Madi so much! I also though Jordan and Amy were good. Jeffrey can sing but I didn't feel his song choice.

• Love 3

When the camera pulled back during Korin's performance I swear we were looking at Gwen up there. She's turned her into quite the mini me. Not one of the coaches complimented her on her performance either. It was nice knowing you, Korin. I voted for you.

Many of the critiques blend together, but I could have sworn Gwen said it was her best and others commented how much better she did tonight. To me that counts as a compliment, but maybe it's about as mean as they get here. No one really gets a harsh critique. 

Let me just say how much I love Carson as the awkward older brother/dad after performances. He said something like 'What do you need? Do you need a tissue' to Jordan and it just struck me as really caring. Some of those artists look so scared once they stop performing and they're waiting for a critique. I love that they have a comforting shoulder right next to them.

Watching Blake in his country element with Emily Ann tonight was cool. I'm no country fan, but I love how much it really is second nature to Blake. There were a lot of great coaching moments tonight. I'm a sucker for seeing huge stars being relatable human beings.

I feel slightly creepy for liking Zach, but that kid is so fun to watch. 

I liked Evan better this week than I ever have before. Amy was much better this week. Maybe picking Taylor Swift helped since Taylor isn't exactly the most impressive vocalist (credit where it's due, Taylor is impressive in other ways).

I liked Madi, but I wish she had more of a range. Kudos for her for avoiding wonky notes. She showed great control of her voice.

• Love 3

I paused my TV at the 1:23 mark, as I'm one of those crazy gals who adores Spandau Ballet and I'm not sure I can listen to this........

Braiden was awful. Like, really terrible. Spandau Ballet?

I walked out of the room and was doing something else but I could still hear it, boy that was so blah! Are the judges still picking their songs because come on, so boring! At least the kid's hair is straightened again, I like it a lot better that way.

Goodness, what a boring show The Voice has become. And without any competition.

I know, I still love it over Idol but... I am just not feeling these song choices, mainly because I never heard some of them before!

I think this is the first time I have actually thought Emily Ann sounded pretty good. Her vocals were much stronger and just solid tonight more than other times I can remember.  And I knew that Judds song!

Jeffrey can sing but I didn't feel his song choice.

Agreed, love his voice but I didn't like or even know that song voice.  And I didn't even know Jordan's song...he's still my pick to win it all.

I totally forgot what Shelby sang.

Edited by Valny
  • Love 2

Many of the critiques blend together, but I could have sworn Gwen said it was her best and others commented how much better she did tonight. To me that counts as a compliment, but maybe it's about as mean as they get here. No one really gets a harsh critique. 

Let me just say how much I love Carson as the awkward older brother/dad after performances. He said something like 'What do you need? Do you need a tissue' to Jordan and it just struck me as really caring. Some of those artists look so scared once they stop performing and they're waiting for a critique. I love that they have a comforting shoulder right next to them.

Watching Blake in his country element with Emily Ann tonight was cool. I'm no country fan, but I love how much it really is second nature to Blake. There were a lot of great coaching moments tonight. I'm a sucker for seeing huge stars being relatable human beings.

I feel slightly creepy for liking Zach, but that kid is so fun to watch. 

I liked Evan better this week than I ever have before. Amy was much better this week. Maybe picking Taylor Swift helped since Taylor isn't exactly the most impressive vocalist (credit where it's due, Taylor is impressive in other ways).

I liked Madi, but I wish she had more of a range. Kudos for her for avoiding wonky notes. She showed great control of her voice.

Admittedly, I was zoning out a bit so I'm glad to hear she got some love.

I loved Madi, Jordan and Emily Anne tonight. I think Jeffery has a great voice, but hated his song choice this week. The others were either underwhelming or just plain not good.

I am actually hoping that that is the final four. Any other combination would just suck in my opinion.

• Love 5

Madi and Jordan were my favorites tonight. Also enjoyed Amy. Jordan is just too good. His singing is effortless, I really don't know how he gets every single one of those notes. Madi sounded beautiful, although she could have enunciated a little more. Amy's version of that song way better than Taylor's or Ryan's. But I'm shocked Adam didn't yell at the audience again. That clapping was horrific. I wish they'd put an end to that. It's awful and distracting.

• Love 2

Personally I don't care for Jordan.  But I know he isn't going anywhere.

I like Korin as a person.  But I think she was the most forgettable tonight.

I wish Gwen would help Braiden pick better songs for his age.  

Glad to know I'm not the only one who was seriously underwhelmed tonight.  Emily Ann was okay but I just couldn't with the coaches, especially Blake, slobbering over how she bluegrass-ified a hit by the Judds.  1) they're from Kentucky and Naomi could sound as bluegrass as they come, 2) "Why Not Me" has always had a fairly strong bluegrass sound to it, moreso than many of the Judds' hits, and 3) while Emily was okay, and the point isn't to reproduce the original, I'm a little perplexed why Blake chose a song by a duo who are noted for their amazing harmonies, something that Emily is incapable of replicating on her own as a solo act.  Then again, after tonight, I'm waiting for Blake to break out something like Jolene, I Will Always Love You or something else from the Dolly Parton catalog. 

Barrett was boring and I hated how he was practically country-rapping on an absolute country classic.  Do NOT screw with Tanya Tucker.  Or, you know, give it to Emily Ann, who might be able to handle it.  Zach was also boring and it seemed like the show was screwing with his sound during the first two-thirds of the song.

Madi, Korin, & Amy all sounded fine, though they blended together to me.  Shelby...  Pitchy and that dress was awful.  The boots were cute but they didn't work with the dress.  And her hair was pretty.  None of the guys were awful, but none of them were remarkable in any way. 

Are we cutting two or three this week?  I could really do with losing a few more of these singers since they are all too bland to bother with caring to even remember their names.  Seriously, I know that Gwen's two guys are Braiden and Jeffrey but I can't remember the name of Pharrell's other guy.  I could barely remember, until Gwen made her a mini-me, who Korin was. I'm sure that the non-country fans feel the same about the country singers we have left, lol.

Team Adam:

Amy, best thing about this performance was the strategic use of a Taylor Swift song. Combining Amy w/ Tay Tay might be the only recipe to knock Jordan off his Itunes pedestal. Might being the operative word. In terms of execution, if you are getting your voice drowned out or muddled by the softest jangly guitar accompaniment....that doesn't bode well. Still, she's not going anywhere until the 9 to 4 bloodbath....and an Itunes multiplier will probably make her safe that night too.

Shelby, Ooh....Itunes is looking bleak. Although I pretty much enjoyed this. Smart strategic decision too. Her voice is the closest to a "rock" voice we have left in the competition....might as well try and get some rock fans on board. I will say hair and make up should get a pat on the back. Shelby looked better than she's looked all season since the blinds.

Jordan, Didn't listen; Won't comment.

Team Blake,

Emily Ann, She seems to be getting better technically which is good. It is pretty cool to see a young contestant on a reality singing show draw heavily on Bluegrass or regional "Mountain" music. AGT had a band this past season too, but I can't think of many others.

Barrett, Go away and repent for what you did to Delta Dawn. I know Victor got knocked for being cruise shippy or like a lounge lizard....but man Barrett's performance style isn't much better. At least it isn't when he's not over emoting a song to death.

Zach, Feeling more and more like he was a one week wonder. Underwhelming....and his voice just gives out or cuts out in his lower register an alarming amount of the time. He'll coast until to the blood bath week. I don't see him surviving that though.

Team Pharrell

Madi, Really not a fan. All but the last 30 second crescendo stayed in her lower register which isn't overly exciting and didn't give the song much (any?) momentum.

Evan, Yaaawn. Vocal wallpaper at best.

Team Gwen

Korin, Well that had to be like a purple unicorn. A Mandy Moore song on a reality singing competition. Was that from a Disney movie? Cause it certainly felt like it could of came from a B grade Disney movie. Me thinks she's going to need the instant save again (Didn't Kat Robichaud get back to back saves her season?). Uneven and underwhelming.

Braiden, He should go. But he won't. We are like 6 distinct performances in and I still have absolutely no idea who he is as an artist. I suppose that's not a bad thing when dealing w/ a 15 year old......but when "confused" is the emotion that comes to mind after almost every one of his performances, that can't be a good thing either.

Jeffery, Not really my cup of tea....but I appreciate how much he's appreciating this opportunity and how he's giving as much as he can possibly give on almost every performance. Pretty cool to hear a Robyn song too.

I'll say it's Korin and Evan singing for a save tomorrow night.....and Korin will sneak through.

Edited by PhD-Purgatory15
  • Love 1
Barrett, Go away and repent for what you did to Delta Dawn. I know Victor got knocked for being cruise shippy or like a lounge lizard....but man Barrett's performance style isn't much better. At least it isn't when he's not over emoting a song to death.

Zach, Feeling more and more like he was a one week wonder. Underwhelming....and his voice just gives out or cuts out in his lower register an alarming amount of the time. He'll coast until to the blood bath week. I don't see him surviving that though.

Could not agree more with your assessment of both.  I was beyond annoyed at what Barrett did to Delta Dawn.  SMH.

There were some mic/sound issues with Zach during the first half or so of his performance, so I'm not sure if it was his voice giving/cutting out or a tech issue.  He didn't have quite as many issues last week so I'm inclined to think that it was a sound/mic/tech issue tonight but I don't see him getting past a bloodbath elimination week either.

• Love 1

Oh man. I heard Spandau Ballet and my upchuck reflexes began to kick in. Hated that ear worm since the 80's. Although I did enjoy its use in the Wedding Singer.

Braiden, no. Just no. It says a lot when you can say that a song you dislike, is too much for a singer to handle.

But, you know he's sticking around.

All said, this is Mr. Smug's season to lose (Adam). I can't imagine a finale without Jordan and Amy at this point, especially with Jordan killing ITunes in a Sawyeresque fashion.

Way, way too much country music tonight.

We need to lose at least one of these mediocre couny artists tomorrow - I'd hope for Barrett who mumbled his way through that song. And Blake was high if he thought that was being taken to church.

Only liked 4 contestants tonight - Madi, Korin, Jeffrey and Amy. First time I've found Amy tolerable. Normally she re-arranges songs to remove all semblance of melody to them. But, this was a good rearrangement.

Still can't get over Gwen's plastic face.

I actually like that Spandau Ballet song, but Braiden trying to imitate the lead singer was a bad idea, because although he gave a good approximation the emotion was missing.

Barrett ruined "Delta Dawn" as far as I'm concerned. That is such a bittersweet song and he tried to turn it into a party song.

Evan and Jeffrey are almost interchangeable in my mind. Poor choreography choice for the woman doing the silhouette dancing for "Smile". Less "look at how extraordinarily flexible I am", and more dream-like grace.

I liked Amy and Shelby. I couldn't tell you what Korin sang because I was too fascinated with the Gwen-cloning attempt. I thought Emily Ann sounded stronger this week. Jordan is just a pleasure to listen to. I still like Zach; I think he's finally starting to enjoy himself.

I like watching the coaches tweak the music with the band. It gives me a greater appreciation of what they need to know to be successful.

• Love 1

Overall, I thought tonight was a very slight improvement over last week, at least in so far as the worst performances weren't quite so bad.  My favorites were Madi and Jeffery, with Amy not far behind.  I always appreciate the way those two women try to do interesting things with the arrangements of their songs and I think they pulled it off better this week than last.

I also thought Shelby and Emily Ann did a decent job.  Shelby is still much weaker on the verses, but her voice can soar like no one else in this competition. Emily Ann had her best vocal performance of the season so far and seems to be peaking at the right time. 

In contrast, I thought Jordan had by far his weakest performance of the season.  His tepid watered down version of "Who You Are" left me completely cold.  If you are going to do that song, then you'd better bring at least a fraction of the raw angst that Jessie J brings to it.  This was a horrible song choice.  Jordan should stick to the chart topping pop songs he was doing.

The remaining performances were all mediocre at best.  Evan and Korin were better than last week, but completely unmemorable.  Barrett completely ruined a classic and was back to slurring all the lyrics.  Zach and Braiden showed very poor vocal control in places.  I predict Evan and Korin will be in the bottom two, with Korin going home.

My favorites for the Final 4 at this point are Madi, Jefferey, Amy and Jordan.  My best guess as to who will likely make it are Jordan, Amy, and Emily Ann; with Barrett and Jeffery fighting for the fourth spot. 

I'm still trying to recover from the horror and insult of what Barrett did to Delta Dawn.  As DownTheShore mentioned above, it's not some party song, pal.  It's supposed to be beautiful and haunting and tragic.  Instead, we get rock guitars and garbage like, "She's forty-one and her daddy still calls her bayyyyybaaaaaaayyyy!"  What the hell?  For that alone, I hope he goes home tonight and that they invite Tanya Tucker on next week to sing it the right way.

• Love 5

Well, we love Only Hope.  A Walk To Remember is still one of my daughter's favorite movies.   Korin didn't ruin it and for that reason alone she gets votes from us.

Getting our votes: Jordan, Amy & Korin

Hoping the bottom 2 is: Barrett & Zach but know its not going to happen.

Expecting the bottom 2 to be from this group: Evan, Shelby, Korin, Braiden

Just fast forwarded through the episode.

Barrett. Just no and omfg. If I had not known that song, I would have had NO idea what the song was that he was "faux Garth'ing." Can he please just. go. home? I don't find him compelling. I don't find him attractive and I can't anymore with the mush mouthing.

IMHO, Gwen has wrecked both Braiden and Korin. Granted, Braiden, at such a young age, may not have had an idea who he is as a singer; he just knows he can sing. But Korin came to the show with an individuality and REAL quirkiness and Gwen has sucked that away. Still, I hope Korin stays. Anyone else she has can go now.

Who am I kidding? I don't really care who wins, much like last season, but I love Amy and I love Amy's voice, so I'm pulling for her, even if it does mean an Adam win.

Glad I wasn't the only one appalled by Delta Dawn.  I was only half-way paying attention, and didn't hear the intro. About half way through the song, I picked out the lyrics and rewound because I couldn't place the song. Holy moley. And all that hunched over "dancing" business? Huh?

Madi has never been on my radar, but I loved her last night.  Amy, too. I liked her the first night, and have been disappointed ever since. But last night was a great song for her.  Emily Ann was good last night, too. I'm not a country fan, and didn't know the song, but thought she looked comfortable, sounded great, and did a great job even when the band cut out. (Not all do).  Poor Korin.  Still a lovely voice, but I wish she'd had a different coach. I turned the show on and saw her, thought it was probably Emily Ann, and switched back to DWTS. Ha! She always looks so  miserable, compared to her blind audition.  The judges' comments about finally finding her own style left be baffled.  Huh?  We saw her own style the first night. And then Poof! It was gone.

Completely agree with comment upthread about Carson being the big brother standing by.  He really does seem to do a great job of looking out for the contestants. And his excitement in the blinds when he's back with the families is always so cool. Great host.

• Love 2

The "lady in the aquarium" (TM Blake) looked vaguely insectoid to me. I found her a distraction, not an enhancement to Evan's bland rendition of "Smile." I'd rather have heard Amy sing it, but Adam seems to have hit on a successful gimmick, having her re-arrange current pop into more sophisticated versions, so I sadly predict we won't hear more classics from her.

I went to a wedding in Texas this past Spring, and every other drunk and happy male guest who grabbed the mic and jammed with the band sang better and more on pitch than I've yet to hear Barret accomplish. I don't much care for "Delta Dawn" but it didn't deserve to be "rockified" by a mediocre singer who seems way too convinced of his own ability.

• Love 2

It's funny. I think this is the first time I loved an obvious front runner liker Jordan. It's exciting - I hope I'm FINALLY happy with the winner of this show. I quit watching last season when all my favorites were out and Sawyer was the chosen one. He was SO BORING to me. Jordan never bores me because his vocal gymnastics is always entertaining to watch - even when I'm not a huge fan of the song.  A finale with Jordan, Jeffrey, and Amy would be super. I'd love Madi in there too, but she doesn't have staying power. 

The more I think about it, the more I blame Blake for allowing Barrett to ruin Delta Dawn like that.  He should have put a smackdown on him and explained that putting a sleazy rock vibe on it would be missing the entire point of what the song is meant to convey.

• Love 3

iTunes Top 100 chart at 12 noon ET:

#4 Amy Vachal, Blank Space
#8 Jordan Smith, Who You Are
#10 Emily Ann Roberts, Why Not Me
#16 Madi Davis, Love Is Blindness
#27 Jeffery Austin, Dancing On My Own
#29 Barrett Baber, Delta Dawn
#31 Zach Seabaugh, Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not
#39 Jordan Smith, Great Is Thy Faithfulness (*)
#43 Evan McKeel, Smile
#56 Korin Bukowski, Only Hope
#63 Braiden Sunshine, True
#83 Amy Vachal, Hotline Bling (*)
#96 Shelby Brown, You and I
(*) holdover from previous week

Note that Emily Ann was at #11 just before noon, but it looks like she might have made it.

I hope this doesn´t mean that Shelby is in trouble.  There is no way she should go home before four or five of the others.  Then again, Braiden was at the bottom of the iTunes chart last week and was still saved by the voters.

For me the whole night was a snoozefest. Man, what is it with all the slow, super serious songs? Unfortunately, it seems that on this show, serious = artist. But guys, music is supposed to be fun. At least sometimes. And singing a happy, upbeat song does not make you an less of an "artist."

Jordan sings a song about how important it is to be yourself, and all the coaches say "what a great message". Yeah, just like they let Korin be herself.

For me, super serious Jordan = boring. Are we ever going to hear him sing a song that allows him to smile and show some personality?

I don't think Amy is a great singer, but she's the only one all night who entertained me. That's what's making her stand out this season, She actually seems to be having fun.

Evan was the best I've heard him, but I agree that the dancer was distracting. Not a good song choice for Madi, who I generally like. Too out of her depth. Jeffrey is still easily the best singer this year, but again, what about doing a song in which we don't see him suffering? Same with Korin. She's a teenaged girl. I get that she's super sensitive and artsy, but it would be nice to see another side of her.

Zach? Give me a break. As someone previously posted, maybe he'll have a career as a Chippendale's dancer. Emily Ann is cute and blonde. And oh yeah, she sings also. (In truth, she wasn't bad last night. But still generic).

Confession time. I can't comment on Barrett or Braiden because I fast forwarded through them. I've already endured enough pain from watching and listening to them this season.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 1

All said, this is Mr. Smug's season to lose (Adam). I can't imagine a finale without Jordan and Amy at this point, especially with Jordan killing ITunes in a Sawyeresque fashion.

It's not Sawyeresque actually; Sawyer had the #1 download 9 out of 10 rounds (and was 2nd behind Koryn's Make it Rain once).

So far, Andi & Alex were #1 for two rounds, Amy for two rounds, and Jordan for two rounds.

Edited by jjjmoss

I liked Amy and Madi the best last night.  I usually like Jeffrey but I didn't think that was a good song for him.

I just get mad now when Korin is on because they've taken someone who had a pretty good look that was in synch with her singing style and really messed with her so that she now just looks like a wannabe and she looks really uncertain of what to do when she sings now.    I really am not sure Gwen is good at more than physical makeovers which really is not what I watch the show for.

• Love 3

Eliminating only one contestant per week is such a bad idea given this season's weak talent level.  So many boring performances...Evan, Barrett, Zach, and Korin.  

One step up but still mediocre for me were Shelby and Braiden.  

More interesting are Amy, Madi, and Emily Ann.  I like the artistry that Amy and Madi are exhibiting.  I'm not familiar enough with country music to know if Emily Ann is doing anything different with her songs but her voice is distinctive. 

Jordan and Jeffery are technically the best singers of this group.  I have found both kind of boring in the past but enjoyed them this week. 

Adam seems quite invested this season.  His enthusiasm was fun to see, both in the rehearsals and in the post-performance feedback.  I think he has been selling his contestants well.  I also enjoyed seeing Blake getting involved in the rehearsals.  

Gwen kind of sucks in the feedback portion of the show.  She says the same things for each contestant and is not that compelling. She's okay in the rehearsals. Pharrell is boring to watch all around as usual.  

• Love 2

Originally loved Barrett until last rounds and this. i just think it is his time to go, does not have more to show and clearly doesn't get the lyrics of Delta Dawn. Mistake Blake!

I think Evan has a great voice but this old music is doing nothing for him. I'm not certain if that is Pharell or Evan driving that?

I'm ready for them to cut a lot... Down to Amy, Jefferey, Jordan and maybe Shelby or Emily Ann.

Barrett, with so many songs to choose from, chooses to ruin "Delta Dawn"? I mean, what was that?

Could he please go home now?  I know Braiden is struggling and Gwen's ruined Korin, too, but I'd rather see both of them stay than Barrett. That was just dreadful, in so many ways.

• Love 1

Another uninspiring week, we thought.  It was better than last week - arguably the worst week The Voice has had since we started watching at the top of S4 - but not by much.  Still way way way too much work (and mediocrity) to eliminate only one person.  

Most people have covered Barrett already, but needs must I pile on.  My knowledge of country is not encyclopedic but it's decent; I'd say I have a run rate of knowing 65-75% of the country songs that are selected, maybe more if they're older .  As far as I'm concerned, "Delta Dawn" is sacrosanct.  It's a powerful, moving song that needs to be covered as is, not reworked into a drunken, beer-swilling, slurred-lyrics party song.  I was aghast.  He deserves to be tossed right there for this musical crime.  Luckily, you could tell by his placement that TPTB have cottoned on to his awfulness, so he won't survive this Top 9 to Top 4 cull that is coming.

I am so ready for Braiden Sunshine to depart.  But I think he gave a decent enough performance to stay.  (My feelings are the same for Evan: ready for him to walk but I think he might have done enough to hang around.)  I thought Korin was good - it's a bummer that iTunes doesn't agree.  Madi was atrocious: I don't know what she was doing up there.  

Bandzilla completely overwhelmed Shelby, and Zach's mic cut out for about half of his total lines.  Voice producers: how hard can it be, really?  I really hope that doesn't end up dooming Shelby; I can understand the low iTunes ranking unless downloaders really want to hear how a backing band can swallow a singer - then her song would make a superb clinical presentation.  

The family-infused rehearsal segments were cute.  Very cute in some cases - Amy's dad Walter White was a hoot.  I really enjoyed the glimpse of little Korin doing "Just a Girl."  I bet she's just fine with the makeover.  I enjoyed Adam rearranging Amy's song and being goofy about jumping in on "jug" or upright bass.  Blake was very funny too, particularly with Zach and Emily Ann.  Oh, Emily Ann.  She had her best vocal performance by a mile; very impressive, even though I didn't quite get why it was such a reach to play a bluegrass version of a Judds song.  Gwen's family segments in rehearsal were nice and Pharrell bores me to tears as always with the faux-Yoda crap and empty platitudes.  I fast forwarded through his performance, sadly.  I think I finally figured out what gets me about that dude - he has absolutely no sense of humor.  I get it, I get it, he's a coooooooooool dude, but he hardly ever cracks a joke or even laughs at anyone else's attempts at humor.  Just a total cold fish who makes me root against his artists (not usually a problem due to who he picks).  

Liked Jordan's take on Jessie J.  Really enjoyed Amy's twist on Taylor.  And Gwen has a definite final four contender (or lock, perhaps) with Jeffrey.   

Well, I hate to say it, but good job, Adam, especially with Amy.  Great song choice for her.  And, it looks like Adam has found a good formula for her, by giving her pretty current songs to perform (unlike Gwen and Braiden...ugh, I guess Gwen was going for the older, Baby Boomer votes). But, re Adam, reminds me of the year he had Grimmie on his team when she was taking popular songs, and putting her own spin on them. Although, Grimmie had more range than Amy.

Jordan, on the other hand - that was curious song choice. Made me wonder if Adam is focusing more on Amy for the win.  Either way, I can see both Amy and Jordan in the top 3-4.  Shelby?  Eh, Adam's dream of beating Blake with a country singer will not happen this year. (Although, I can see Adam maybe giving Amy a country song just to challenge Emily Ann on the country charts).

Emily Ann surprised me. Best song of the season for her.  Looks like she's really growing. But, I don't think Blakes choices for the two guys were really that good.  

I don't know, maybe after having three male winners in a row, they're really pushing the female contestants this year.

Jeffrey was great! I'm older than Blake, and pretty much everyone everywhere, but , the Delta Dawn I remember was sung by Helen Reddy and much better than last night's rendition. Jordan is a good singer, great back story, but, I'm just not that big of a fan. Braiden, I'm sure you're a nice, young man. Now, go home!

Barette is horrible as usual. Blake, a reasonable guy, surely sees that?! I mean he won't outright say it but I bet Barette was his horse initially but now focusing on Emily Ann instead. When I first heard the song choices, I thought Barette had the best one among the three simply because it is most well known. But of course, Barette butchered it. Doesn't the guy watch back his own performances? Like take it down 9 notches, dude.

• Love 2