Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Heads Up

HalcyonDays
  • Start Topic

Jeez the Alexandrians are like baby ducks constantly wandering into storm drains and traffic. Cannot wait for Baby Judith's first walker kill. It's going to be adorable!

For some reason, now I can see Rick and Carl wrangling one for her to practice on. Remove all the scratchy and bitey parts, give her a rock, and let her go nuts. Family bonding time! Maybe they can borrow Aaron's camera to get some pictures for the family album.

Has it ever been established if live humans can transfer the virus via biting? If they can, everybody better watch out once Judith starts teething. Both my girls drew blood on me when their teeth were coming in.

• Love 3

So, in the end, the show took option B) Glenn miraculously escapes.  Not surprised.  This show isn't afraid to kill big character, but they usually save it for either premieres, finales, or mid season premiers and finale.  

I can't think of a big character that they weren't afraid of killing.  I think the degree to which they riled up viewers against Lori, Andrea, Tyrese, and Shane points to them being very hesitant to kill off characters that aren't designated second tier zombie fodder.  I only worry about a main character when they lose a limb and slow the group down, putting the whole at risk, or if the character starts doing things that turn the forum against them, like singing.

I'm not quite sure where I am with Rick.  I mean, yeah, he is being a jerk to almost everyone and he needs to realize that isolating everyone who isn't in his group isn't going to endear him to anyone, and makes things even more intense. 

But its not like most of them are volunteering for anything.  Isolating the ASZers doesn't apply until they offer to be a part of something.  When the guy offered to help reinforce the fence, Rick accepted with a good attitude.  The ASZers don't need to go hunt zombies, but they should be at least asking 'what can I do to help?'  They aren't so until they do, I'm with Rick.

Dammit, Morgan!  I love Lennie James, but his character is just getting ridiculous.  He's now dragging Denise into his stupid "Save the Wolf, Save Humanity!" fantasy? I hope Carol ends this shit.  But I have a feeling giving Judith to Jessie is going to end badly.

I'm not sure what to make of this yet.  If Denise came off as more competent, I'd think this was a contrivance to get Morgan to get another psychiatric perspective to counterbalance the last one.

When Carol walked into that house I became hugely alarmed over the likely proximity to Ron.

• Love 1

As Glenn and Enid first saw the walkers surrounding Alexandria, all I could think of was, "If only they had a tin can..."

And in that final scene, I almost told my husband, "Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!" Glad I wasn't the only one who made that association.

• Love 3

Every time I see Carol, no matter what the situation, I can't help but think that her hair looks fabulous! For someone who presumably has been cutting it herself or letting another amateur hack away at it, her hair looks like she just stepped out of a Talbot's ad. Jessie could get some pointers 

• Love 16

I wonder if Enid complained of hunger pains on the hike back to ASZ, Glenn probably had to listen to "I'm hungry!  See any turtles?"  That and "Ron thinks I'm his GF, but I like Carl... any tips on how to ditch PD Jr without him wanting revenge?"

Glenn walks to the stairs and past them.  He evidently abhors fire escapes.

What was with the "Joker" walkers?  The walkers with wide (flesh torn around the) mouths, sorta looking like huge grins.

Anyone else have the Mission Impossible theme playing in their head when Spencer was trying to get across on that wire?  Speaking of which, how likely is that there's a grappling hook and that type of rope (or whatever) just laying around for that kind of thing??

For some reason I'm thinking the tower that fell is a steeple connected, to a church... am I dumb for thinking that?  Anywho, I don't think FPP is going to have trouble finding membership for his prayer circle now.  And like some church services I know, it'll be immediately followed by an all-you-can-eat buffet potluck.  Oh happy day in walker-land!

Where we going Morgan?  Oooh, I love surprises!  Carol standing at the door when they come out; "I smell dirty injured dog in there; Scarol wants to play with it"

• Love 3
For some reason I'm thinking the tower that fell is a steeple connected, to a church... am I dumb for thinking that? 

No, because it was a church steeple:

• The same steeple you see from Deanna's window when she's first interviewing - and recording - the ASZ's new CDB guests.
  • The same steeple in which Rick posted Sasha to begin the ASZ's "lookout" program.
  • The same steeple from which Spencer shot up the semi - which subsequently crashed into it and damaged it enough to fall.

Come to think of it, this steeple has gotten more screen time than half the ASZhats.

• Love 10

• The same steeple you see from Deanna's window when she's first interviewing - and recording - the ASZ's new CDB guests.
  • The same steeple in which Rick posted Sasha to begin the ASZ's "lookout" program.
  • The same steeple from which Spencer shot up the semi - which subsequently crashed into it and damaged it enough to fall.

Come to think of it, this steeple has gotten more screen time than half the ASZhats.

Phew.  Thank God.  I was hoping I wasn't imagining and making stuff up in my mind.  It just really looked like a steeple, so I went with it.

And more than Michonne.

• Love 4

So Glenn is a live. Shock. I love Glenn, and I don't even think the way he survived was that implausible, but I feel like my glee about him being okay is overshadowed by my extreme resentment towards the show for fucking with us. If he had simply survived in that episode,or even the next, it would have been a lot more tolerable.

And then they had Glenn just wandering around, being all contemplative, and trying to save Enid - when I was like, "Go! Just go back to ASZ!"

No one ever makes a beeline in this show when dilly-dallying around the countryside is an option.

I would have been more excited about Glen's survival if it hadn't been this long, drawn-out tease. I feel my sadz for him were kind of meaningless now, and it annoys me that the producers tried cheap tricks to wring a reaction out of me when they could just tell an interesting tale instead.

Still glad he's not dead, though. I wish Enid was -- she and and Ron are far too annoying.

Edited by Andromeda
  • Love 4

Of course its inplausible that he survived. There were dozens of walkers in the alley and not one tried to bit him anywhere other than his covered chest? I'm a big fan of this show and usually defend it in most cases but this was just too much of a cheap stunt. I'd even have accepted it if had some sort of profound influence on the way Glenn viewed the world, if it had brought him more in line with Ricks way of thinking. But nope immediately after being almost killed because he was too nice heone again trying to save someone who shoved a gun in his face. All they have managed to do here is make me actively root for Glenns death now.

• Love 5

So, the helium balloons have bothered me since the first episode. Really, they just happen to have color coded balloons and helium in the zombie apocalypse? But, then, when the balloons were still inflated days later ... I almost lost it. Seriously, you have to pay an extra $1.99 at Party City to have the balloons treated so that they float for longer than 6-8 hours. I guess they also have helium balloon treatment in the zombie apocalypse?!

• Love 4

So, the helium balloons have bothered me since the first episode. Really, they just happen to have color coded balloons and helium in the zombie apocalypse? But, then, when the balloons were still inflated days later ... I almost lost it. Seriously, you have to pay an extra $1.99 at Party City to have the balloons treated so that they float for longer than 6-8 hours. I guess they also have helium balloon treatment in the zombie apocalypse?!

The ZA has forced Party City to move the decimal over 2 places to $199 for helium balloon treatment --don't know how these ASZhats can afford it. Hand-waving it again Show.

• Love 4

If they have a couple packs of assorted balloons, how hard is it to sort them? Glenn came up to the green balloons less than 24 hours after they were put up (with all the flashbacks, it's hard to remember how small a slice of time we're covering).  If that's too long, I guess we have to grant them access to some of that hi-float stuff. At least it's not hard to believe that party supply stores wouldn't have been looted too hard.

• Love 4

"I'm just a weapons novice holding a blade with open-toed shoes around."  I know I didn't get that right and someone can correct me, but that was the funniest damn line of the night to me.  

I think hormonal tweeners and teenagers are scarier than the dead on this show.  Porchdick Jr. should be caged.  

Edited by kelslamu
  • Love 8

$#!+, you're probably right.  Which means that Sam's probably gonna kill her, based on Carol's advice.

No.  NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.  If Sam & Judith are hiding in a closet (as someone suggested) and they M*A*S*H my Lil Asskicker,  my hysterics may never come to an end.  

• Love 7

IF (and that is a gigantic, super sized "IF") Judith is going to die on this show it's going to be in the most dramatic way possible but I dont think this show has the guts to do something like that. They'll bring on a dog buddy for Daryl that he completely bonds with and who saves Rick's life but then, while defending a wounded Michonne from a herd of flaming, radioactive zombies catches rabies from a passing skunk and then must be put down by the entire gang while surrounded by candle light before they kill off Judith.

• Love 8

Yuck I can´t with Morgan, he´s horrible-HORRIBLE! I thought when he showed up we would be getting more non-clueless people on the crew but nope. I swear, 10 FPP´s would be less trouble than 1 Morgan.

The good stuff I loved in this episode were:

I sort of like Carl now, I don´t want him to die.

Carol was awesome like always, as was Judith.

Tara flipping Rick off was the best.

Glenn surviving like that was nice.

The bad:

Idiot Spencer not falling.

No Darryl.

Everyone being too stupid to be on alert about anything except Carol.

Rick has always been a nice guy, I always thought he deserved a better wife than Lori and a smarter kid than Carl, but he´s been a terrible, terrible leader ever since they showed up at Herzels farm. His crazy spells are also very annoying for a guy who´s supposed to be this great leader. I want someone like Michonne in charge, she never gets any cool storylines anymore.

I can´t stand waiting for the next episode where undoubtedly lots and lots of tolerable folks will get killed, and we´ll be left with silly MD girl, Morgan, FPP, Spencer and some such. Oh the horror!

Edited by halkatla
  • Love 6
Carl is getting WAY to old for that hat.

I'm surely a party of one with this, but I've always liked the hat. I love how Rick gave it to Carl after HE was shot. "Welcome to the club, buddy". It might seem a bit childish, now that Carl is almost as tall as his dad, but in so many ways he's had to grow up before his time. He's had to abandon his childhood before he was ready. Let him keep one part of it!

So Rick ripping off the flyer is Rick being annoyed with Gabriel not because he is going to have a prayer circle but because he and the vast majority of attendants have time for the prayer circle and leisure activities but not for any defensive activities beyond the minimum.

Exactly. FPP is useless and I don't think Rick would give on fig if HE sat around all day praying. But when you're hanging up flyers and potentially distracting other able-bodied people from getting down to business, then it becomes a problem. Although, I do have to say, this would weigh more heavily if Rick, himself, had gotten down to business immediately, instead of sauntering around and making out the first day back. 

• Love 9

Seriously though. Do none of these people have any sense of urgency or priorities? It was like random people only remembered the danger of the herd pressing on the walls about every third scene. We have people stealing bullets and wanting to talk about crop layout and scavenging first-aid supplies for prisoners they shouldn't have. I did like the sitdown meeting Rick called with Carol, Michonne, and Morgan. It's something that did need to happen so they all know whether he's going to be an asset or a hindrance going forward. But the placement of it made it one more scene where I just wanted to scream at them all "does anybody remember the wall situation?"

I actually thought the scolding session was well placed. Rick has gotten to the point where he is thinking a few steps ahead, and while he's going to try like hell to save Alexandria, I think part of him was working out a plan B to take his people back out on the road, and he wanted to know if Morgan would fit in with CDB. When Morgan asked if Rick thought he belonged here, it kind of broached that topic. Yes, Morgan fits in with the peace loving Alexandrians, but does he have what it takes to kill for and die for Rick's people?

This show isn't afraid to kill big character, but they usually save it for either premieres, finales, or mid season premiers and finale.  No way were they going to off Glenn in a random episode like "Thank You."  I just don't think they are quite there, yet (or ever.)

Lori was in the top 3 of the opening credits and she was killed in the 3rd episode of season 3. Shane wasn't killed in the finale, but in the episode prior. I don't think that was why they didn't do it. I just don't think they were intending to kill him at all, but they wanted to fuck with us because the show has a bazillion fans and they can do whatever they want. 

• Love 4

I'm surely a party of one with this, but I've always liked the hat. I love how Rick gave it to Carl after HE was shot. "Welcome to the club, buddy". It might seem a bit childish, now that Carl is almost as tall as his dad, but in so many ways he's had to grow up before his time. He's had to abandon his childhood before he was ready. Let him keep one part of it!

Exactly. FPP is useless and I don't think Rick would give on fig if HE sat around all day praying. But when you're hanging up flyers and potentially distracting other able-bodied people from getting down to business, then it becomes a problem. Although, I do have to say, this would weigh more heavily if Rick, himself, had gotten down to business immediately, instead of sauntering around and making out the first day back.

I've always liked Carl in general, and I agree with you on the hat. This is also a world where they've pretty much lost any meaningful mementos and trinkets along the way. Carl is a long way from his house and hometown, and I doubt that all of the pictures that Lori brought have made it through all of the times they've had to pick up and run. The hat is meaningful to him, and it serves a functional purpose.

I also think that Rick and Jesus aren't on the best terms as of late. When they were looking for Sophia and he stopped in the church, he said that he had never been a religious man. So I would wager that he's pretty much past the point of just not being into praying.

• Love 4

Nice to see Rosita actually do something, by giving some folks machete training.

I always assume Rosita is doing something proactive - given her military background, general demeanor, the fact that she has survived, and the way the show has shown her.   It's just that this show hasn't spent that much time on her. The show is treating her just like this society treats people of her ethnicity - invisible.

Her character hasn't been allowed low moments - to show her losses.  The show has no problem having Abraham kicking her to the curb so that he can have a relationship with a main character.

I will be upset if either Rosita or Tara dies next week.  Rosita - a lost opportunity to explore a potentially interesting character will be seen as an acceptable loss to the show.  Tara being killed could be due to the actress being pregnant - which I believe would be against the law.

I think hormonal tweeners and teenagers are scarier than the dead on this show.

Also true in real life as well.

Edited by Macbeth
  • Love 2

I will be upset if either Rosita or Tara dies next week.  Rosita - a lost opportunity to explore a potentially interesting character will be seen as an acceptable loss to the show.  Tara being killed could be due to the actress being pregnant - which I believe would be against the law.

I'd rather not lose either of them as well. It's not, however, illegal for TWD to kill off Tara because the actress is pregnant.  Her appearance is a necessary part of her work so if a pregnancy does not fit the story line, they are allowed to let the actress go. But her pregnancy isn't a death sentence, with such a large cast they can just shoot around her.

• Love 1

Just wanted to add my two cents to this thread. Even though it was handled SO POORLY and I was already spoiled (thankfully), I was really glad Glenn survived. Glad and relieved.

I don't mind the Enid character at all.  I was able to meet Katelyn Nacon  (Enid) in Atlanta this past Halloween weekend at Walker Stalker Con and she's a real sweetie pie. I also saw her perform at a panel there. The young woman can really sing, imo. If she survives on the show much longer, I hope they kinda make her an "anti-Beth," that is, sing once in a while while actually being able to ACT, (which I think she can), "kill" walkers effectively (which she's already done, imo) and hold her own with the members of the CDB and rest of the cast.

• Love 2

If Rick has a problem with Father Gabriel having a prayer circle or thinks it is a waste of time he should take him up on his offer to help. He's asked a couple times and each tim Rick refused him.

Couldn't they have shot a few flares over the walls to disperse the herd? They were doing that in the opening episode and it seemed to work well. If they could clear the gate enough to open it they could drive a car out and lure them away. Kind of a moot point now, though.

• Love 4

So who said "help" on the walkie? Glenn & Doofus!Ron were the only ones with walkies when we left...

The timeilne of these episodes is hard to follow, but considering we didn't see anyone say "help" into a walkie this past ep, we will on Sunday. I didn't realize that Ron had a walkie, but one of them will call to the road crew, meaning that Abe will have the grenades ready to launch when they arrive.

Edited by lulee
  • Love 1

When Rick was talking to Morgan about how he was pinned down in the RV by the Wolves, I was all "Ooooh, they're going to flash back and show how he got out! Better late than never. What closure I'll get! Or, they're at least going to have Rick explain it. That'll do. I mean, they're going to give a hint, right? Right?"

I'm like Karen in Love, Actually, where she's all "You've made a fool out of me, and you've made the life I lead foolish, as well!"

I did like, nay, LOVE Eugene's open toed shoe concern. I actually laughed. I laughed into my laptop screen, so much that my wife looked over from her laptop screen and asked "Aren't you watching the Walking Dead? There's laughing on the Walking Dead?"

• Love 8
So who said "help" on the walkie? Glenn & Doofus!Ron were the only ones with walkies when we left...

Maybe the dude that stole Daryl's stuff?

I'd rather not lose either of them as well. It's not, however, illegal for TWD to kill off Tara because the actress is pregnant.  Her appearance is a necessary part of her work so if a pregnancy does not fit the story line, they are allowed to let the actress go. But her pregnancy isn't a death sentence, with such a large cast they can just shoot around her.

Sonequa (Sasha) made it through a pregnancy on the show. Although, she did seem to carry much smaller. But Tara is more of a minor character than Sasha, IMO. I don't think it would be that hard to use her as little as possible. At any rate, the actress has had her baby in real life. So if she made it through this season, she's fine. 

If Rick has a problem with Father Gabriel having a prayer circle or thinks it is a waste of time he should take him up on his offer to help. He's asked a couple times and each tim Rick refused him.

I don't think Rick is worried about FPP helping, it's more about his prayer circle distracting OTHER people from helping. 

I laughed into my laptop screen, so much that my wife looked over from her laptop screen and asked "Aren't you watching the Walking Dead? There's laughing on the Walking Dead?"

Oh, Mrswhiskeyandfeet, there's tons of laughing on Walking Dead!

• Love 1

Maybe the dude that stole Daryl's stuff?

Ah, I just assumed he was talking on his walkie - but I suppose that could've been Sasha/Abe's walkie. I thought they just took his bike and crossbow. Well, Daryl said they were gonna be sorry. Maybe sooner rather than later, eh?

The timeilne of these episodes is hard to follow, but considering we didn't see anyone say "help" into a walkie this past ep, we will on Sunday. I didn't realize that Ron had a walkie, but one of them will call to the road crew, meaning that Abe will have the grenades ready too launch when they arrive.

Oh, of course! Chekhov's grenade launcher! Having the storylines and characters so broken up made me forget about this.

We'll find out next week. (It was leaked online when people were speculating it was Glenn.)
  • Love 2

Given what we see from the previews for next week, I would say that, in general, the ASZhats would have been much better off if CDB had never shown up.  I mean, sure, the ASZhats would have gotten chomped sooner or later, but at least they had been living a rather peaceful existence before.  Now, their whole world has been turned upside down thanks in large part to Rick, and they're going to get chomped anyway.

I have actually started to feel sorry for Father Gabriel (because, as Morgan said, everybody has made some mistakes at this point--granted that Gabriel's are an understandable trust problem for Rick etc.). But I might actually be feeling sorry for the actor, that he hasn't had a little more interesting work to do by now/lately.

Which, as others have mentioned, applies to several characters including Rosita and especially Michonne. I was much more interested in M's few moments sitting on the steps with Deanna's plans than with 90% of the time spent on the Alexandrian characters (saving out a little % for Aaron and a couple others). Remember when Andrea wanted to stay in Woodbury, get off the road and rebuild, but Michonne completely distrusted the pirate, I mean Governor? Michonne really does want to make a home, though.

Listen to Michonne, Morgan, I beg you. She is the wisest one here.

• Love 1

I haven't had a chance to read the thread yet, but here are the Live + Same Day Ratings for Season 6 (so far):

10-11-15 “First Time Again” 14.633 million viewers
10-18-15 “JSS” 12.183 million viewers
10-25-15 “Thank You” 13.143 million viewers
11-01-15 “Here’s Not Here” 13.339 million viewers
11-08-15 “Now” 12.440 million viewers
11-15-15 “Always Accountable” 12.871 million viewers
11-22-15 “Heads Up” 13.224 million viewers

• Love 1

Even though Porchdick Jr. is unhinged, I kind of understand why he would want to shoot Carl, because he was acting like a smug knowitall when Rick was teaching Porchdick Jr. how to shoot.  

Why exactly was Carl there anyway? Couldn't he have been doing something useful like hammering in nails really loudly to aggravate the walkers? I don't think he meant to come off as smug, but his comments can easily read that way by someone inclined to not like him...y'know, like the hormone addled asshat who would rather sulk among wolves than take shelter with Carl because ENID!!!!

Rick has basically no use for anyone that he met after the train car in Terminus.

I think he's happy if someone demonstrates an ounce of self-preservation and smarts, and has a willingness to learn useful skills to avoid death and whatnot.

What I want to know is, how on earth would PD Jr. know which bullets were right for that gun? He'd never even held one until recently, and suddenly he can suss out the armory in 5 seconds flat? 

I wondered that too. He went from not knowing which end of the gun was which to encountering a pile of ammo and finding (presumably) the right bullets. I confess I entertained the notion of him picking the WRONG bullets, pulling the trigger on Carl and having the gun backfire and kill his fucking dumb ass. Not gonna lie: I smiled at the idea.

There were dozens of walkers in the alley and not one tried to bit him anywhere other than his covered chest? I'm a big fan of this show and usually defend it in most cases but this was just too much of a cheap stunt.

I was 100% sure that Glenn survived and 110% sure it would be the most ridiculous survival ever. Right on both counts! Yay, me? Oh, the conveniently blind, lazy and dumb walkers. They will only touch/tear the already dead body and won't accidentally kill the squishy thing underneath their lunch. They won't be able to rip up the live, slow-moving body at their feet. Only three will try to crawl under the dumpster after their dessert. They will all run off after a tin can and none will come back when dessert starts yelling ENID. So much garbage.

I know I'm supposed to be impressed with Glenn not leaving Enid behind, but I just rolled my eyes at the entire thing.

Morgan. Oh, Morgan. I love you, but I hate you. Not every life is precious. If you come across a dude in the woods and he's got a gun on you? Sure, desperation and fear may make him act dangerously and I can understand you wanting to give such a person a second chance. Someone who sneaks into a peaceful community, hacks innocent men, women and children to death and RELISHES in the carnage? No, those people are not precious and do not deserve to live or have another chance. Also, you suck at covert ops. You might as well have had a neon sign over your head flashing "I AM HIDING SOMEONE. COME FOLLOW ME FOR DETAILS!"  And bless Judith for being in tune with Carol's bullshit meter and keeping quiet so they could follow Morgan and Denise (not that it was the slightest bit necessary since neither one checked to make sure they were being followed). Side note: Carol looking luminous. Goddamn.

I really appreciated Michonne in that meeting with Rick, Morgan and Carol. She was firm but gentle in pointing out that Morgan (and all them, really) don't have the luxury of sparing the life of every murderer/villain they come across.

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 11

Given what we see from the previews for next week, I would say that, in general, the ASZhats would have been much better off if CDB had never shown up.  I mean, sure, the ASZhats would have gotten chomped sooner or later, but at least they had been living a rather peaceful existence before.  Now, their whole world has been turned upside down thanks in large part to Rick, and they're going to get chomped anyway.

Since nothing CDB did disturbed the blockade at the quarry, it's demise would have been the end of Alexandria. So, they would have made it until right about now. Do we have an idea how long they've been here?

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 2
I wondered that too. He went from not knowing which end of the gun was which to encountering a pile of ammo and finding (presumably) the right bullets. I confess I entertained the notion of him picking the WRONG bullets, pulling the trigger on Carl and having the gun backfire and kill his fucking dumb ass. Not gonna lie: I smiled at the idea.

I can get on board with that idea. And if kills FPP in the process, all the better. 

Since nothing CDB did disturbed the blockade at the quarry, it's demise would have been the end of Alexandria. So, they would have made it until right about now. Do we have an idea how long they've been here?

Exactly. The Wolves might never have found ASZ, but that herd most certainly would have. Did you mean how long the ASZhats had been there? Or the herd? I know Deanna said some of them have been there since the start, others were stragglers. I'd guess the more capable ones (Aaron, Heath) were later arrivals. 

As for that herd.....I would guess they've been there a long time too. Somebody had to have lined that truck up and it wasn't anyone from ASZ. 

• Love 4

Why exactly was Carl there anyway? Couldn't he have been doing something useful like hammering in nails really loudly to aggravate the walkers? I don't think he meant to come off as smug, but his comments can easily read that way by someone inclined to not like him...y'know, like the hormone addled asshat who would rather sulk among wolves than take shelter with Carl because ENID!!!!

I think he's happy if someone demonstrates an ounce of self-preservation and smarts, and has a willingness to learn useful skills to avoid death and whatnot.

I was 100% sure that Glenn survived and 110% sure it would be the most ridiculous survival ever. Right on both counts! Yay, me? Oh, the conveniently blind, lazy and dumb walkers. They will only touch/tear the already dead body and won't accidentally kill the squishy thing underneath their lunch. They won't be able to rip up the live, slow-moving body at their feet. Only three will try to crawl under the dumpster after their dessert. They will all run off after a tin can and none will come back when dessert starts yelling ENID. So much garbage.

I know I'm supposed to be impressed with Glenn not leaving Enid behind, but I just rolled my eyes at the entire thing.

Morgan. Oh, Morgan. I love you, but I hate you. Not every life is precious. If you come across a dude in the woods and he's got a gun on you? Sure, desperation and fear may make him act dangerously and I can understand you wanting to give such a person a second chance. Someone who sneaks into a peaceful community, hacks innocent men, women and children to death and RELISHES in the carnage? No, those people are not precious and do not deserve to live or have another chance. Also, you suck at covert ops. You might as well have had a neon sign over your head flashing "I AM HIDING SOMEONE. COME FOLLOW ME FOR DETAILS!"  And bless Judith for being in tune with Carol's bullshit meter and keeping quiet so they could follow Morgan and Denise (not that it was the slightest bit necessary since neither one checked to make sure they were being followed). Side note: Carol looking luminous. Goddamn.

I really appreciated Michonne in that meeting with Rick, Morgan and Carol. She was firm but gentle in pointing out that Morgan (and all them, really) don't have the luxury of sparing the life of every murderer/villain they come across.

Yes to this post: I laughed, I cried....  ah that was good.  There is just so much to snark on in any given episode I just don't know if I'm coming or going.  But I will say this: Eugene is the one new-ish person I actually give a damn about and it's because his lines are drop dead funny, even in the midst of all the doom and gloom.  We need levity on this show dammit.  Has everyone forgotten the basic premise of drama or even tragedy?!?  /taking rant to another thread

• Love 5

Since nothing CDB did disturbed the blockade at the quarry, it's demise would have been the end of Alexandria. So, they would have made it until right about now.

Didn't the quarry give way when Rick and Morgan tripped over Ron? I think the Walkers broke through to get away from Ron... ;)

Regardless, how many Alexandrians have died already (which has nothing to do with the herd)? Asshat Pete (no loss there, but still), Reg, a few on various scouting missions, a helluva lot via Wolves...

Edited by NoWillToResist
  • Love 1

Given what we see from the previews for next week, I would say that, in general, the ASZhats would have been much better off if CDB had never shown up. I mean, sure, the ASZhats would have gotten chomped sooner or later, but at least they had been living a rather peaceful existence before. Now, their whole world has been turned upside down thanks in large part to Rick, and they're going to get chomped anyway.

If Rick and co hadn't been there, the wolves would have killed them all. The herd turning up was inevitable. Their world was turned upside down because everyone's world has been turned upside down. They just got lucky for awhile.

• Love 2

If Rick and co hadn't been there, the wolves would have killed them all. The herd turning up was inevitable. Their world was turned upside down because everyone's world has been turned upside down. They just got lucky for awhile.

But that's my point, that most of them were doomed anyway, but at least they would have died suddenly and some of them would have fought and maybe lived, without all the trouble that Rick and the rest of CDB brought with them. 

• Love 3

But they recruited Rick. They brought him in. And they suck and must provide many gory mid season deaths for our delectation.

If take many Ricks and even a father pee pee or two over Deanna and dearly departed Chevy Chase and his assbackwards wall supports.

• Love 4

I too am a bit unclear as to why Maggie and Rick and everyone who saw the green balloons seemed to immediately assume it was Glenn.  Why?  Was green supposed to be Glenn's signal colour?  We didn't actually see Enid and Glenn letting the balloons go, did we?  Or that they were sending them up as a sign?  Why couldn't an equally probably assumption be that a walker took down the sign they were attached to and they flew off?  Or that the wind just blew them away?

• Love 5

This. Oh, please oh please, oh please... THIS.  (I wondered how he knew, too.  Would your scenario actually happen?  I thought the bullets would just not fit.  I like your idea MUCH better.)

And bless Judith for being in tune with Carol's bullshit meter and keeping quiet so they could follow Morgan and Denise

She's a Fremen baby, I am more and more convinced.  She better not start crying at inconvenient times and prove me wrong.  

• Love 2

But they recruited Rick. They brought him in. And they suck and must provide many gory mid season deaths for our delectation.

If take many Ricks and even a father pee pee or two over Deanna and dearly departed Chevy Chase and his assbackwards wall supports.

I know they brought Rick & Co. in and that stupidity is totally on them.  I'm just saying that if Rick & Co. had left immediately as soon as they determined that the ASZhats weren't up to their standards, the ASZhats would have been better off without them.   And I think the midseason deaths will include more than them.

• Love 2

The green balloons? Maybe walkers ate Enid and Glenn and in the mayhem Enid let go of the ballonons? Or a random wolf attacked Enid and Glenn and in the mayhem Enid let go of the balloons? Or Enid tripped, sprained ankle and in the mayhem let go of the balloons? Hee

• Love 3