Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Maiden Quest

Why doesn't Adalind have any clothes?   Are we to believe she is wearing the same thing day in and day out?

Oh, look the new parents are trying to cook dinner and care for a cranky baby at the same time.   Watch them hand the baby off to each other.   Watch them call their (in)experienced friend for help.   How sweet.   Ack, gag.

What was the maiden quest?   Huh?   The WOW stories are getting overwhelmed by Nick and Adalind playing happy families.   

• Love 7

All I can say, is thank God for Trouble.

When Nick told Kelly, "It's not nice to throw up on your mother," I screamed YES IT IS! Then Nick got Adalind one of his own shirts. I am so torn, because they could make Kelly throwing up on Adalind a running gag. Talk about a wish ruined.

I also cannot emphasize enough, "STOP WITH THE ADALIND AND NICK KISSING IN A TREE nonsense!" The people who run this show are just so stupid. Adalind's just manipulating the hell out of Nick, and Nick's falling for it. Good God, she raped him. I'm not watching freaking General Hospital where Laura fell in love with her rapist.

Just....stop....already.

• Love 12

I keep checking the spoiler and media threads, hoping for a tweet or clue or rumor from the show-runners that no way are Adalind and Nick getting together, but no luck.  I then watch this show and see stupid cutesy scenes between them, and get my hopes up when Nick roots through her drawers -- he'll find her journal recording her evil master plan! -- but nope.  This plot element, and it alone, may be what stops me from watching this show.

Yay, Trubel! 

I knew the daughter was the killer (typical tv-feminist twist), but I was pleasantly surprised that her father was expecting her to do that, and wanted her to take over his business, not marry some dude.

• Love 8

I figured out the likely killer when I read the synopsis. It was about as new a take on that story as Prizzi's Honor

Of course we have to follow the men in the story because why would we want to explore what the woman at the heart of the quest is supposed to feel about everything? Oh, that's right, Emily actually stated to her preferred male that she didn't want any of the quest to go on. Nick and Hank never consider, in the witness' fear and eventual drugged haze, that maybe he actually saw a woman?  This isn't a clever take on this type of tale. There are comics for younger kids about a Princesses that take care of themselves and choose their own quests. So Grimm is disappointingly behind the curve on Mob Princess Power. Or whatever we were supposed to take away from this episode. The final Emily attack left us with her father shot nonlethally, a shady murderer ready to visit Wu's old sanitarium, and Nick handwaving a contract hit on four men. ( If you consider that Dear Old Dad beaming that the quest was for Emily after all.  Isaac, Eli and Amos were supposed to kill Boozy McShady and Dad intended her to kill Boozy. That's four men he was willing to sacrifice to see if Emily was "up to snuff". Eyes? Rolling.)

If I had not watched this show from the Pilot to now, I might find myself rooting for Adalind to break away from McGrumpy and take Kelly and be a kickass lawyer! But, I did watch the show before this season. While Nick being human and comforting Adalind after a clearly long day doesn't make me happy, I'm not calling for boycotts either. What will make me walk support away from this hour of NBC's "prime time" is the stupid rom-com bathroom antics that writing only one bathroom was meant to set-up. My hope that there was a half bath somewhere in The Fortress was shattered, because of course it would be. We can't re-tool/reboot this show into dark-and-gritty Wesen War if we can't "leaven" it out with out-of-place rookie rom-com bits.  Eyes? Still rolling.

I love Hank and Wu like no one's business and Monrosalee are life. The sweetest thing this show has produced, aside from the adorableness of Li'l Kelly. ( The kid is Renard's; he shut up when a phone was within arm's reach! *g*)  Portland is beautiful, as usual.

Teresa is back but just. I want Nick to keep her around and for whoever is hurting her to stop that!

The previews were interesting, but what had me laughing was a promo just after for J.Lo's new cop show. The one with the line "There's a rat in my house!" I giggled like I was 12.

• Love 6

The previews were interesting, but what had me laughing was a promo just after for J.Lo's new cop show. The one with the line "There's a rat in my house!" I giggled like I was 12.

I hope the big rat can be fun because the rest of the show...

• Love 3

Frankie wonders why swords and hatchets when you can buy a gun "literally" anywhere?

And then says: He just kills and leaves.

Anyone else chuckle about the Oxford comma reference/book title with the panda on the front of the book Eats Shoots and Leaves?

I mean, he did say, "literally."

Rosalee to Monroe: Would you slay a dragon for me?

Monroe: I'd slay a whole flock of them--or whatever a large group of dragons is called...but no suit of armor. I have a nickel allergy.

Heh. Me too.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 3

I figured the daughter was the killer right away. You could see in her face she didn't want to get married. What a way to get out of getting married though, rip the guys throat out.

They are really setting up Nick and Adalind to end up as couple and little family. Not liking that at all.

At least Adalind said something about Diana in this episode.

• Love 1

This ep was verrryyy tedious. I didn't care about any of the characters in the main storyline; the most exciting part of the ep was when Truble appeared (yay!!). I'm still neutral on Nick and Adalind; I like them as individual characters but I'm not sold on them as a couple which is obviously where they're headed.  My passiveness towards Adalind is largely in part to my boredom when Juliette is on screen.

Edited by DeeDee79
  • Love 6

The best thing about TRubel crashing her cycle into Nick's house is that it broke up the potential Nick-&-Adalind-hug-turning-into-kiss situation.  Yay, Teresa!!  (Boo! for her getting beat up [by Meisner?].)

Looking at Adalind's shirt, I thought that Kelly hadn't thrown up on her, but rather that Adalind was expressing a lot of milk, as sometimes happens with nursing mothers.

Yeah, I kept hoping that Nick would find something incriminating when he was looking for something for Adalind to wear.

Not enough Hank, Wu, Renard, Monroe and Rosalee.  "Nick & Adalind Domestic Bliss"?  Blech!!

• Love 5
How did T.Rubel know where to find the fortress?

I'm wondering about this also. I hoped that Meisner would ally with Nick since he knows he was in the warehouse with Chavez & has her phone as well as working under Renard. However, due to what we've seen them doing to Truble I'm not sure he's someone Nick would want to be in alliance with. I hope she's not there under duress as a part of a trap for Nick.

• Love 3

I just wanted to thank all of you who have posted so far (and to those of you who will post) for two reasons:

1 - I find you all intelligent and entertaining.  It is so nice to see comments from people with functioning brains in their heads.

2 - You saved me from having to watch the stinking crapfest my once favorite show has become.

Edited by OtterMommy
  • Love 9

This ep was verrryyy tedious. I didn't care about any of the characters in the main storyline; the most exciting part of the ep was when Truble appeared (yay!!). I'm still neutral on Nick and Adalind; I like them as individual characters but I'm not sold on them as a couple which is obviously where they're headed.  My passiveness towards Adalind is largely in part to my boredom when Juliette is on screen.

Even the Wesen of the Week have been uninteresting.

• Love 3

I didn't automatically call it, but I did figure out early on that the daughter was the one killing the guys.  It was obvious that neither one of them did the original kill, and I figured she was the best bet.  Plus, I'd like to think Madeline Zima would do more then just stand beside her father and look pensive.

Speaking of acting, I'm not familiar with the guy playing Frank, but he was pretty good at making him such a scumbag, even though he was the target a.k.a. potential victim.  Sure, I more or less wanted Nick and crew to solve the case, but I enjoy watching that tool-bag slowly loose his mind.  Admittedly a bit hypocritical, since I felt bad for Hank and Wu when they went through that, but this guy?  I kind of enjoyed it.

Rosalee and Monroe continue to be the best, no matter how little they are used.

Ignore their eye-rolls, Wu!  Your snark would make any job way more fun!

I'm guessing the whole random "Renard meets someone who wants his endorsement for mayor" scene, will lead somewhere.  Hopefully Renard will not take a page from Gotham's Jim Gordon, and end up endorsing a psychopath played by James Frain (actually Renard knows full well to not trust James Frain, since he played is evil bro seasons ago.)

Maybe I'm just tired or too psyched about getting ready to start my Jessica Jones watch soon, but I can't even get angry at the stupid Adalind/Nick stuff.  I mean, of course, in the mere fourth episode of this season, two sworn enemies are now not only cooking together, awkwardly changing clothes around each other, asking how their days were, but hugging!  That's right, hugging!  There is no point in getting angry anymore.  I know where this is probably heading.  They'll kiss, fall for one another, and maybe even sleep together.  And then fucking Juliette will somehow rise from the dead and it will truly be a love triangle from Hell.

But, hey!  Trubel's back in the game!  Yay, Trubel!

• Love 9

I haven't complained a lot about this show, but I have to say that the bad romantic comedy stuff is making me come thisclose to bailing. I actually kind of liked the main plot because I like those glimpses into the fairytale-like Wesen culture, and I was just reading a bunch of the Grimms' tales this week (there's a new translation of the first edition, before the Grimms started revising and inserting more moral lessons). The three young men having to carry out a potentially deadly quest to win a princess is such a common fairy tale plot, and it's fun to see the Grimm take on it.

But the bad romcom stuff between a guy and the woman who's made the past few years of his life a living hell, who raped him, and who is largely responsible for him recently losing the love of his life is just disgusting. I don't want to see them having wacky hijinks of trying to calm a fussy baby while cooking dinner, or him seeing her (gasp!) bra, or anything like that.

I then watch this show and see stupid cutesy scenes between them, and get my hopes up when Nick roots through her drawers -- he'll find her journal recording her evil master plan!

Yes! I was actually holding my breath about what he would find that would end up paying off all the cutesy scenes. But now. These writers hate me and are trying to destroy their show.

I swear, just about everything I watch took a drastic downhill turn toward the end of the previous season. It's like there was some kind of Writers' Guild suicide pact going on.

• Love 8

I forgot. I enjoy the yellow metal door. Too bad that it is stuck in the (currently) most boring part of the show.

Yeah, I like the mysteriously barricaded door, too.  I'm hoping that there's a watch-dragon behind it that guards the passageway/escape route.  Or maybe a grown into adult Diana has set up her lair in there where she plots her takeover of the Royals.

• Love 1

So wait, kill three guys and it's just okay? 

I'm actually okay with the cozy Adalind story because: 

1. It's so ridiculous, so why not go all the way and over the top with the uber ridiculous plotmnesia stuff
  2. Claire Coffee is great, even with the moronic dialog they give her. She's so much more watchable and less horrible onscreen than Bitsy T was, even when making rice and dealing with baby vomit. The awkward domestics are fun assuming you have total mental amnesia
  3. Even if it is a rape baby, Kelly is cute. 
  4. The show is saying to us: "Forget everything we've done before. We're sorry about last season and to make it up to you, we're going to create a storyline that not only retcons everything to date but rewrites the entire universe of your personal experience outside this show."

Like most stories this season, this was... well, it was pretty damned stupid. But at least it's not actively making me fast forward the way last season with Julietbiest did. 

Still, henchdaughter should be doing hard time for those murders.

• Love 6

All I can say, is thank God for Trouble.

When Nick told Kelly, "It's not nice to throw up on your mother," I screamed YES IT IS! Then Nick got Adalind one of his own shirts. I am so torn, because they could make Kelly throwing up on Adalind a running gag. Talk about a wish ruined.

I also cannot emphasize enough, "STOP WITH THE ADALIND AND NICK KISSING IN A TREE nonsense!" The people who run this show are just so stupid. Adalind's just manipulating the hell out of Nick, and Nick's falling for it. Good God, she raped him. I'm not watching freaking General Hospital where Laura fell in love with her rapist.

Just....stop....already.

I'm oddly not against Nick and Adelaide, but the way they are doing it is SOOOOO weird.  And honestly, boring.  And dim.  Dear lord, please someone buy a few colorful pillows for that "fortress" I am dying from the grey everything.  Even Kelly crying was more exciting than anything else that happened.  And if Adelaide wants Nick to sleep in the same room so badly, how about they just drag his bed in therd too?  Getting them together feels so incredibly forced and contrived and beige.  All this walking around on eggshells is putting me to sleep.  When they are in the same room together, neither character feels like they have a personality anymore let alone the personality they used to have. 

Why does Adelaide have no money?  What nothing from her mom's estate?  I suppose she did really disown her.  Still, until she was afraid for her life, she was managing to pay for food, clothing and lodging.  

This approach for this story line is so weird but the one thing I'm sure of is that Adelaide is NOT trying to play Nick.  She still may go evil again when the suppressant wears off but right now everything is supposed to be real.

Happy, really happy that Truble's back but don't trust the circumstances.  Kudows for showing us the giant killer rat.  Me likee.   

I haven't complained a lot about this show, but I have to say that the bad romantic comedy stuff is making me come thisclose to bailing. I actually kind of liked the main plot because I like those glimpses into the fairytale-like Wesen culture, and I was just reading a bunch of the Grimms' tales this week (there's a new translation of the first edition, before the Grimms started revising and inserting more moral lessons). The three young men having to carry out a potentially deadly quest to win a princess is such a common fairy tale plot, and it's fun to see the Grimm take on it.

But the bad romcom stuff between a guy and the woman who's made the past few years of his life a living hell, who raped him, and who is largely responsible for him recently losing the love of his life is just disgusting. I don't want to see them having wacky hijinks of trying to calm a fussy baby while cooking dinner, or him seeing her (gasp!) bra, or anything like that.

In defense of even bad rom coms, these scenes were neither romantic nor comedic. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7
2 - You saved me from having to watching the stinking crapfest my once favorite show has become.

Ottermommy I tend to watch shows til the bitter end just to see how things end up. Towards the end of the X Files I wondered where my favorite show had gone but like a car wreck I had to see what transpired. Luckily it gets a chance to redeem itself with the reboot which Grimm sorely needs right now *sigh*

• Love 1

Ottermommy I tend to watch shows til the bitter end just to see how things end up. Towards the end of the X Files I wondered where my favorite show had gone but like a car wreck I had to see what transpired. Luckily it gets a chance to redeem itself with the reboot which Grimm sorely needs right now *sigh*

I hate to burst your bubble but, according to every single interview with anyone in the cast or on the creative team, this is the reboot.....

I just watched the first several minutes...up to the "first kill" Am I the only one who is still finding the fight scenes too dark? I couldn't see a thing! Though I've read the comments here already and I know who the killer is.

• Love 1
In defense of even bad rom coms, these scenes were neither romantic nor comedic.

And that's what's really sad. They're cribbing from the kind of stuff you'd see on the Hallmark Channel with a Christmas tree in the background -- the classic "two clueless people who aren't in a relationship with each other have to take care of a baby together and fall in love over poopy diapers" story -- but without any of the charm or emotion.

Maybe they actually do know what they're doing and want to make it creepy and unsettling, but I'm afraid that's not where they're going with this.

The baby is really adorable, though. And Nick is cute with him. If we could just get rid of Adalind, I could deal with scenes of Nick holding the baby.

• Love 2

The best thing about TRubel crashing her cycle into Nick's house is that it broke up the potential Nick-&-Adalind-hug-turning-into-kiss situation.  Yay, Teresa!!  (Boo! for her getting beat up [by Meisner?].)

Looking at Adalind's shirt, I thought that Kelly hadn't thrown up on her, but rather that Adalind was expressing a lot of milk, as sometimes happens with nursing mothers.

Yeah, I kept hoping that Nick would find something incriminating when he was looking for something for Adalind to wear.

Not enough Hank, Wu, Renard, Monroe and Rosalee.  "Nick & Adalind Domestic Bliss"?  Blech!!

I agree with all of this.  And yes I think those were milk stains because when Nick asked about Kelly throwing up on her Adalind said, [paraphrasing] "Something like that."  

Glad Trubel is back, hope she is going to be okay.  I figured it was the daughter when the "boyfriend" henchman got killed.  I guessed she was killing them off herself so she wouldn't have to deal with any of them.  Frankie was a jerk.  Loved that they said his girlfriend called the cops from the burger joint down the street after he told her they couldn't go get a burger.

• Love 1

I think the casting for this show screwed up from the begining. Claire Coffee has more emotional range than Bitsie Tulloch. I liked the scene where Adalind was talking to Kelly about Diana. I could believe Claire Coffee and David Guintolli as a couple from the start but not with all the baggage between Nick and Adalind.

• Love 3

I fast forwarded ALL of Adalind's scenes tonight! Adalind free and loving it!

I think I caught a glimpse of shirtless Nick looking at a bra hanging in the bathroom? WTF? As the Grimm World Turns soap opera.

The Wesen of the Week was alright. I thought the twist was going to be that the one killing those three guys was actually the boss' son that got murdered that was still somehow alive. Didn't expect the daughter to be the killer, or that the third suitor was actually gay and only there because of his parents. So what happened with the daughter, they don't have anything on her to press charges do they?

Trubel conveniently arriving at the scene the end was awfully suspicious. I hope the writers aren't going to turn her evil after they JUST killed off Nick's mom.

The writers are so terrible at writing women on this show, Adalind and Juliette being the shining examples. Many of the females on the show are evil or morons, or in Adalind's case... both.

Edited by icewolf

I figured it was the daughter when the "boyfriend" henchman got killed.  I guessed she was killing them off herself so she wouldn't have to deal with any of them.  Frankie was a jerk.

Even though he was a jerk, I was hoping the daughter was going to kill off all 3 suitors and the father and run off with Frankie--just because it would be a twist.
  • Love 1

I know this won't happen, but here's my fantasy: Nick brings TRubel inside. She was faking her injuries, and when she sees Adalind she reflexively cuts off her head. As Adalind's spirit wafts out of the garage, Nick shakes himself and realizes he's been under some kind of nefarious enchantment, which has caused him to not be looking for Trubel and to instead be wasting time socializing with his nemesis. They cleanse the garage of Adalind's things, and in the course of doing so find evidence that she had a plan all along to entrap Nick, and was not actually the reformed and helpless innocent she was pretending to be. DNA testing reveals that Kelly is Sean's baby, and he takes him on and raises him as a single dad.

Everyone gets back to business.

• Love 15

I know this won't happen, but here's my fantasy: Nick brings TRubel inside. She was faking her injuries, and when she sees Adalind she reflexively cuts off her head. As Adalind's spirit wafts out of the garage, Nick shakes himself and realizes he's been under some kind of nefarious enchantment, which has caused him to not be looking for Trubel and to instead be wasting time socializing with his nemesis. They cleanse the garage of Adalind's things, and in the course of doing so find evidence that she had a plan all along to entrap Nick, and was not actually the reformed and helpless innocent she was pretending to be. DNA testing reveals that Kelly is Sean's baby, and he takes him on and raises him as a single dad.

Everyone gets back to business.

Oh, possibilities, once again you have proven yourself worthy of your screen name!

I've actually been wondering about the part I bolded, based on close-ups on DG at key moments. Sadly, I fear they are just directing him to show a lack of emotion due to his grief over the loss of Juliet, and that the plan is for him to one day awake to a love for Adalind. *cringe groan shudder*

So much better to reveal that there had been a body-mind-swap-whammy, and Juliet now resides in Adalind's form!

Edited by shapeshifter

Anyone else chuckle about the Oxford comma reference/book title with the panda on the front of the book Eats Shoots and Leaves?

Yes.  I love that book.

I'm wondering about this also. I hoped that Meisner would ally with Nick since he knows he was in the warehouse with Chavez & has her phone as well as working under Renard. However, due to what we've seen them doing to Truble I'm not sure he's someone Nick would want to be in alliance with. I hope she's not there under duress as a part of a trap for Nick.

I'm going to be so pissed off if Trubel is there as some kind of trap, but that definitely seems to be what they are hinting.  I really need her to come in and relieve the monotony of the domestic details.  As others have posted, they seem to be trying to turn Nick + Adalind + baby scenes into a rom com, but I swear I've seen it done better, even on the Hallmark channel.  This is just really bad.  Normally I would just be glad that Juliette is gone and to have a character played by a better actress (IMO) take over the space she vacated, but I'm really not interested in crying baby/colic scenes and Nick noticing Adalind's bra hanging in the bathroom.  Maybe that is their plan - make Nick's life with Adalind so boring that we will be begging them to bring Juliette back?  (I don't think they can ever make me pine for Juliette, but they can cause me to stop watching.  Or maybe just pass out from boredom.)

And then there's the general WTF-ness, like Nick not just moving his tiny cot into Adalind's room instead of sleeping in her damn bed, and the new parents calling Rosalee, someone who has never taken care of a baby, for help with the baby.  They tried to tie it into her knowledge of herbs and Wesen medicine, but it was a tenuous connection at best.

So wait, kill three guys and it's just okay?.

I know!  The whole thing was messed up.  Not only did she kill them, but they were apparently her childhood friends.  Yeah, they were going to commit murder themselves, but there had to be some other way to stop it.  Why didn't she just tell them all she wasn't interested?

So Nick is just now bothering to explore the tunnel?  Seems like it might have been a good idea to do that before he moved into the warehouse attached to it.  There's bound to be something disturbing or alarming on the other side of that door.

They also barely do research into the Wesen of the Week anymore.  That makes sense to some extent, I guess, since Nick is more experienced and will have seen a lot of the more common Wesen, but he didn't even try to find out more about the Weten Ogen or whatever they were called until fairly late in the episode.  Finding out about the Maiden Quest earlier would have been helpful.  And when Nick does finally get around to research, he doesn't even have to open one of the books that survived the Bago Fire.  Monroe and Rosalee know everything about the history of all Wesen to ever exist, like ever, and can tell Nick all about it without missing a beat.

Edited by Blue Plastic
  • Love 1

What a hot mess.  Nick and Adalind are now Darren and Samantha Stevens from 'Bewitched'.  Baby Kelly will soon be doing levitation from the crib.  Cringe.  Adalind is even in the opening credits as Rosalee's bff;  the writers have really gone around the bend with making Adalind the new Juliette.

There was not near enough Monrosalee, Hank, Wu or Renard to save this one.  The wesen of the week tale was weak and I always hate cheap mafia-related plot. 

As to Teresa finding the fortress, anybody could.  Just follow Nick home from work.  Or be watching the spice shop and follow one of the gang to see if they are going to Nick's new location.

Oh, and Adalind telling Kelly she hasn't seen his sister in soooo long, anyone think Diana is about to make a comeback as a sassy teenager? 

• Love 3

And then there's the general WTF-ness, like Nick not just moving his tiny cot into Adalind's room instead of sleeping in her damn bed, and the new parents calling Rosalee, someone who has never taken care of a baby, for help with the baby.  They tried to tie it into her knowledge of herbs and Wesen medicine, but it was a tenuous connection at best.

So. much. this.

With regards to Nick not picking up his bed an walking it into the Clearly Big Enough room (why didn't they just make it a tiny 2-room space of closet-sized rooms to fit this plot instead of a whole frickin' sound stage???)--I can only surmise that the writers thought the audience would relish a Nick/Adalind romance and so would just wink at the logic fail.

And as for asking Rosalee for baby care advice: Would it have killed them to write a line about Rosalee's past experience with, IDK, caring for cousins, much younger half-siblings, working at a day care center, or any of a million possibilities??? And a line about how all their parents are dead and none of their friends have children? Okay, that would be weird to admit, but I bet at least we'd all be chuckling about it.

• Love 1

I think the bra scene was Nick realizing it wasn't baby puke on Adalind's clothes...unless he plans to use it as a slingshot weapon against some rabid invader in the future and this was just foreshadowing.

Gee, Nick, ya think you might wanna open that door while you have time? Or wait until your "family" is in the tunnel, trying to escape the above-mentioned rabid invader and you don't have the proper tools, including some WD-40?

I hate that we can see this all coming.

Since the gang doesn't really look up the MoW much any more, I asked Google what Weten Ogen means and it says it means Knowing Eyes. Huh. Okay then. They did have pretty, glowy, yellow eyes, but that's all I've got.

• Love 1

I liked it. Figured out that it was the daughter early on, even thought the third suitor was gay because it was so obvious he didn't want to be there. What I didn't see and liked was the fact that the father's quest was really for his daughter. The second dudes comment about her job being to raise the kids just rubbed me the wrong way, so it was nice to know her dad wasn't of the same mind set.

Nick said she couldn't be prosecuted but she technically killed them saving someone's life or something to that effect.

I'm enjoying Grimm. Then again I didn't watch the last two seasons so that may have something to do with it.

• Love 1

If Adalind goes back to work, who will watch Kelly?

It pretty much has to be Auntie Rosalee. They're setting up that she's a baby savant and she and Adalind are becoming besties. Plus she's got a homey backroom, she can get fierce if she has to, and has blutbad backup. And who else can they trust? But the downside is it would cramp her style and she couldn't go off on adventures.

If Adalind goes back to work, who will watch Kelly?

It pretty much has to be Auntie Rosalee. They're setting up that she's a baby savant and she and Adalind are becoming besties. Plus she's got a homey backroom, she can get fierce if she has to, and has blutbad backup. And who else can they trust? But the downside is it would cramp her style and she couldn't go off on adventures.
I would look forward to Monroesalee Daycare hijinks. Especially if it might lead to the end of Nick and Adalinde playing house. Adalinde wants to be self supporting.

Since the gang doesn't really look up the MoW much any more, I asked Google what Weten Ogen means and it says it means Knowing Eyes. Huh. Okay then. They did have pretty, glowy, yellow eyes, but that's all I've got.

I miss them going to the trailer to look stuff up. I guess the writers burned it up because they got tired of working it in?

The wacky hijinks of Adalind and Nick being domestic and new parents, just ugh. I can't stand them pretending like the last few years never happened or that the entire reason they are under the same roof at all is a rape baby who is the result of Adaline being a scheming bitch. But even when you remove that from the equation, their scenes are so straight out of Sitcom Cliche 101 - Chapter 5: How to Get Your Two Leads Involved Romantically While Cohabitating. Adalind conveniently forgets to bring clothes into the bathroom with her so Nick gives her one of his shirts, immediately followed by Nick noticing her bra hanging in the bathroom. Adalind cooks! Nick likes her cooking! Adalind asks how his day was and then says he doesn't have to tell her! Nick proceeds to tell her about it! Adalind asks Nick to sleep in her bedroom because it makes her feel safe and protected! Adalind says she was worried about Nick and they hug! I mean, seriously, for fuck's sake.

I am convinced that Meisner brainwashed Trubel and now she's working for the resistance to gather intel from Nick and then kill him. I can't wait to hear her explanation about how she knew exactly where to find him. To be fair, enough members of this crew have been kidnapped or gone missing that it would make sense if they all have subcutaneous trackers on their Scooby gang at this point.

As always, Rosalee and Monroe are awesome. I am so paranoid that something is going to happen to one of them that even the littlest things make me afraid (like Monroe saying he'd be gone for an hour).

I hope that when Nick finally gets that big metal door open that it takes him straight to Narnia. Or Wonderland.

Frankie was a jerk.  Loved that they said his girlfriend called the cops from the burger joint down the street after he told her they couldn't go get a burger.

Because she was getting too fat!

Speaking of acting, I'm not familiar with the guy playing Frank, but he was pretty good at making him such a scumbag, even though he was the target a.k.a. potential victim.  Sure, I more or less wanted Nick and crew to solve the case, but I enjoy watching that tool-bag slowly loose his mind.  Admittedly a bit hypocritical, since I felt bad for Hank and Wu when they went through that, but this guy?  I kind of enjoyed it.

I remember him as Percy on Grey's Anatomy where he wasn't given much to do until he was killed off. He did a good job in this episode of being a clueless jerk who was freaking out about seeing wesen. I loved when he was trying to tell himself that it was just a mask and Wu overheard him and said, "Yup, just a mask."

Always great to see Brendan Fehr too. Roswell!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

From the quotes thread:

Adalind: I just realized I forgot to bring clothes to change into.
Nick: I can get you something. What do you need?
Adalind: Anything without baby puke would be fine.
Nick: There wasn't much to choose from so I just got you one of my shirts. You know, you should really buy some clothes. Use the credit card that I got you.
Adalind: I'd feel a little awkward doing that.
Nick: Well, not having clothes is awkward.

Holy crap...he gave her a credit card?  I mean, isn't he, like, a civil servant and isn't she, like, a lawyer who supposedly anyone would hire at the drop of a hat?

One of the complaints about Juliette over on FB is that she was "too needy" and Nick needs someone who isn't.  If that's the case, he'd better start looking for that woman because it sure is hell ain't Adalind.

• Love 1

RE babysitting, they could hire a new character. Or put him in wesen daycare, maybe one run by Bud's wife. I agree they are probably going to saddle Rosalee with the responsibility, but I think it's a terrible idea. Or Trubel could do it, which might be amusing. She could slay whoever comes after the "special baby" and they'd have campy adventures in babysitting.

Nick having seemed to totally forget about TRubel since she disappeared is hard to take. Him poking around the tunnels and trying to open a mysterious door is just flat out stupid. He's sleepwalking. "I built us this fortress, because so many entities are out to get us. I think I'll blow a hole into this backdoor mystery instead of reinforcing it."

I think it is a good idea for Adalind to go back to lawyering. Whether she's good or bad, she could be both more interesting and more powerful and more useful (to whatever her cause is) if she had that kind of income and connections that will come with it. And she should pay Nick back for all the money he's spending on her.

Trubel wouldn't turn against Nick, would she? I thought she was coming to him for help, having escaped the beatings, but I suppose she could be there as a plant to spy on him. I just don't see her taking up a cause against Nick, unless she is another phantom image, i.e. not the real T. Ruble, but another spellcast lookalike.

• Love 1

Overall, I thought that the WOW story was decent and pretty fun to learn about and IMO, it expanded the Wesen world. We got a new Wesen and we got some new weird ritual involving murder and marriage! Plus, this story obviously involved a non-Wesen (the nightclub owner) that killed another Wesen. Although, I was a bit surprised to see that the daughter was protecting the man that put a hit out on her brother, and killing her suitors. I thought that she was interested in at least one of the guys that she killed, but apparently she was more interested in killing them/protecting the man that put the hit on her brother. Although, for all we know that was part of the tradition as well. 

Overall, this show is okay but I can't stand all of the scenes involving Nick and Adalind playing house in the Fortress of Grimmness (and, IMO, that is a good name). It's cringe-inducing to watch Nick and Adalind being so nice to each other and having Nick go, "yeah I am going to get some tools and fix/open that door that hasn't been open in like 100 years....". Yeah, the baby thing makes it complicated but surely they can still live apart and still help raise the kid, together. Plus, it looks like Theresa found where Nick and Adalind were living, which makes the new place oh so not as safe/secret as what they thought it to be. 

Edited by TVSpectator