Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, SimplePleasures said:

I can't wait for Sheila to get wind of Stuffy and the Gelding.  Good times ahead.

Not me. Just like Quridge, there are plenty of others who I would far rather see find out and hold that over both their heads. Namely Hope. I wouldn't be surprise if TIIC have done a one-eighty on her character as they continue to paint Steffy as a victim in all of this. After all, they've got a good girl on canvas with Sally, so she need not be a vestal virgin anymore.

1 hour ago, Cindylou said:

Why can't Sheila go after Bill and start Fing with Steffy? cause I don't want her messing with Erik anymore!  let the man live in peace.

I would agree but if he was stupid enough to encorage her delusions in the first place, it' hard to feel sorry for him. He could have had her locked up the first day back.

• Love 3

Recap for Thurs. 12/7/17:

It was another Swill free day, so bask in that knowledge for a moment.

giphy.gif

But only for a moment because OMG, so much nastiness with not enough brain bleach is looming on the horizon.

Before we get to that, we need to wrap up the Thorne and Sheila meet up at Il Giardino.

Thorne-Sheila-cheating-reveal-BB-CD-300x

Thorne is still in shock that Quinn was the woman Ridge kissed, causing Brooke to call off their nuptials in Sydney.

Sheila immediately senses his worry for Brooke and tells him he's right to be concerned about her.

Thorne then learns that Eric is very much in the know about Quidge and, apparently, forgave both of them. 

Thorne wants answers - NOW.

Shelia reminds him before he leaves: "This didn't come from me." I think her secret is safe with him. 

While I'm not thrilled to see Sheila still around, I could get on board with Sheila spilling tea like this. Next up on her list needs to be Hauxdi and Gelding. It would be all kinds of delicious for her to fuck with the two of them. 

Over at FC, Brooke and Ridge are eating some boring-ass salads, served in styrofoam containers and plastic forks for crying out loud. Serves Brooke right for letting Ridge drag her away from what was sure to be a much yummier lunch, if only for the company of Ridge's younger brother. 

07.12.2017+%25280%2529.png

She calls him out on the flimsy "business lunch" excuse but he couldn't care less. He didn't want his brother playing with his favorite toy and so he snatched it back like the toddler he is. But Brooke letting herself be snatched? Eeesh...

He then shares that he has a "surprise" for her and leads her out of the office.

07.12.2017+%25288%2529.png

I have a bad feeling about this.

Oh...lord...

PSA: If you're eating something while reading this...stop.

We cut to the sight of Rumple's naked, beefy torso approaching Brooke in the steam room. 

MYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYESMYEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07.12.2017+%25289%2529.png

Brooke just stands there and laughs and DAFAQ are you DOING in there with him?

07.12.2017+%252810%2529.png

He moves in to to try and kiss her and she allows it for a good second or three. The HELL???

07.12.2017+%252811%2529.png

Thankfully, that's as far as it goes as they sit, side by side, but why is Brooke entertaining this Neanderthal who has broken her heart 30 times in as many years?

07.12.2017+%252816%2529.png

I get she's probably lonely and devastated after Bill's betrayal and his forcing her hand where divorcing him was concerned, but how pathetic is it that she would be willing to let Ridge try and work his smarmy wiles on her when clearly he thinks so little of her that he would kiss another woman  on the same beach he was set to remarry Brooke the day before their wedding. 

Does.

Not.

Compute.

Ridge, of courses, noses around to find out if she's told Thorne anything about what really went down Down Under.

Brooke: "I didn't tell him about Quinn." That's okay, Brooke, Sheila shared that little nugget of info with him already.

Ridge grouses: "That's in the past." I'm not so sure about that, what with the "beautiful" conversation and touching and eye-fucking going on just the other day. Besides, who the fuck is he to dictate when and how the woman he hurt beyond reason gets to consider a betrayal in the past or her timetable for getting over it.

07.12.2017+%252818%2529.png

Brooke simpers: "I know you're sorry."

07.12.2017+%252821%2529.png

giphy.gif

He's sorry he got CAUGHT, sweetheart, and that's where it ends. She then THANKS this piece of garbage for being there for her and reminding her what they have together. What's that, exactly? Broken promises? Lies? Betrayal? Heartache? She bops him on the nose teasingly and OMG, please end this scene.

Ridge vows that they'll make it work this time and says he's not going to let anyone get in the way. 

07.12.2017+%252822%2529.png

I think Thorne may beg to differ about that.

Speaking of, Thorne is back at FC and finds his father in the design office with Quinn.

He asks to speak to Eric. Alone.

Once Quinn is gone, Thorne stuns Eric with the news that he knows Ridge betrayed him - again - with Quinn.

Eric attempts to dissuade Thorne's attempts at dredging it up again and why so defensive, Eric?

Thorne won't be deterred and finally, Eric admits that while he's forgiven Quinn, he hasn't forgiven Ridge and that he still doesn't consider him his son. 

I knew it! I absolutely knew it but it's of no consequence because his actions speak differently. Ridge is still co-CEO, he's still very much in Eric's life and Quinn's. He's still the one Eric favors. 

Thorne is disgusted: "He just takes and takes...well, I'm going to put a stop to it."

Eric wants him to it alone but Thorne isn't finished yet: "I carry your DNA, not Ridge. Maybe that's why it's so easy for him to do the things he's done to you." Well, Ridge started doing a lot of shitty stuff, to a lot of people, long before he knew he was Massimo's. It has far less to do with his DNA than with the enabling, entitlement-encouraging raising by his parents.

Thorne, resolute: "Actions have consequences."

Back at Il Giardino, Quinn is ordering lunch and Sheila just can't resist walking up and baiting her, namely about Ridge.

Quinn-Sheila-taunt-BB-CD-300x175.jpg

They engage in a pretty tame catfight of words with Quinn spitting: "Your days of wreaking havoc on the Forresters are over."

Sheila, watching her leave, smiles, remarking "I still get to her." 

Sheila-il-giardino-quinn-BB-CD.jpg

Back at FC, Ridge finds Quinn eating her lunch and shares that he's been in the steam room with Brooke. AWKWARD.

Quinn can pretend to encourage their reconciliation all she wants but I think we all know better. I'm betting she's fantasizing about her steamy times with Ridge.

bold-and-the-beautiful-spoilers-january-

She reveals her run-in with Sheila but Ridge, distracted, asks after Thorne.

Quinn, nodding: "He seemed intense." That's an understatement.

Ridge doesn't like the sound of that and says he's going to find out why.

We wrap up at Brooke's place where Thorne has just arrived.

Brooke apologizes for her pretty fucking rude abrupt departure and allowing Ridge to drag her away.

Brooke2.thumb.jpg.397dce19d6d20264bb579eb7fbbf6964.jpg

I do have to take a moment to once again, applaud KKL's new hair. I am loving it so much, even without some needed lowlights/dimension. I'm also digging the red dress. 

Thorne, clearly not caring about their interrupted lunch in light of the bigger picture: "Yeah, I'm sorry, too. My brother can treat people that way and keep getting away with it."

Brooke: "But it's just who Ridge is." Woman, do you even HEAR yourself? You're admitting he's a total, selfish asshole and yet you're cozying up to him in the steam room and letting him know his advances, which should never, ever darken your doorway again, aren't exactly unwelcome?

Thorne breaks it down: "Rude...arrogant...thinks the world revolves around him." Yes, and yes, and hell yes! "Yeah, that's Ridge. Can you tell now why I'm so worried about you?"

Brooke: "Don't be...I can take care of myself."

giphy.gif

The only time of late was when she dumped Ridge and reunited with Bill in Sydney but she's slipped right back into old, dangerous habits recently.

She nods at him for emphasis and Thorne mimics her movements and wow, Ingo is just so good here as he says: "Yeah, I'm sure my dad felt the same way."

Brooke doesn't catch his meaning and questions him: "What do you mean?"

Brooke2.thumb.jpg.af61931dcf97f8fe5952d46c512470cc.jpg

Thorne sighs, clearly not comfortable with dredging up unpleasant memories, but someone needs to remind her of some very basic truths: "I understand now. Why you didn't want me to know about Australia."

Kudos to KKL here as it's evident that she knows that he knows. Just that hint of "oh damn" in her eyes.

Brooke3.thumb.jpg.f7d2846733fccee7e8bffc89fd5ec0b4.jpg

Thorne continues: "That the other woman...was Quinn, my father's wife." 

Brooke: "Who told you that?" What does it matter?

Thorne: "It doesn't matter." Exactly! "I found out about it and I know it's true." 

Brooke sighs and looks down, clearly embarrassed. 

Thorne: "This can't go on, Brooke."

Brooke looks up at him: "What can't?" Do not act like you're brand new here, no, ma'am.

Thorne, his quiet calm evaporated" Ridge! Continuing to get away with these things. Lies...betrayal...I mean, he cheated on you."

He gives her a long, sympathetic look.

Thorne1.thumb.jpg.813c87c1a22fcd657eda3e81000fa6c0.jpg

Thorne: "The cheating is bad enough, but to do it with Dad's wife? You must have been horrified." Brooke, her voice barely a whisper now, "Yes..."Yes, I was horrified...and in some ways I still am."" His words, his reading Ridge for the filthy SOB he's always been, growing worse with each passing year, is resonating and it's all coming back to her now."But..." She shakes her head, walking away. No buts, Brooke!

Thorne: "No more 'buts!" Wow, it's like he's reading my mind. "No more excuses for my brother. This is all on HIM." Brooke can't even look at him. Thorne moves closer to her, his voice softer now, understanding. "Look, all you wanted to do was love him and be his wife. Which should have been enough for any man. But not Ridge. No...he had to prove that he could conquer any woman...including our father's wife."

Brooke can't argue with him. Facts are facts.

Also, a fact is how gorgeous she is.

Brooke4.thumb.jpg.22beb6ad2563769ec81af746cfa92903.jpg

She's really hearing him now as he tells her, so softly, that she shouldn't have to put up with this. Although she does have to own continually going back for more.

Thorne: "He's a cheater, who has broken your heart countless times. I'm not gonna let him do that to you again. I'm not. Because you deserve so much better." He gently touches her arm. "A man who will be there for you...completely." He gives her a long look, his eyes very blue as she continues to listen. "I'm sure Ridge promised a wonderful future...right? He said he was gonna be there...completely. But it's never gonna happen." And you can tell he's sincerely sorry for that, for her, because he cares about her so very much that he can't bear to see her in anymore pain, even some of it is self-imposed. 

Thorne2.thumb.jpg.7e12ebdb4a2175f21326c6955b29ec3a.jpg

Thorne: "You know why? Because he's incapable of that." 

Brooke's eyes never leave his. She remains silent because how can you argue with the truth? A truth she's lived for over half her life. If she wanted to speak out, she absolutely could. These two have always been able to talk with one another openly. Which is why they worked so well before and could absolutely work again, especially with a no-fucks-to-give Thorne. But what is there to say, really?

Thorne shakes his head sadly. "He can't do it, Brooke." Won't do it is more like it but same, hurtful, destructive difference. "You cannot marry my brother."

His words sink in and can we dare think that the rug sweeping she's done since Sydney is about to come to a halt?

Brooke5.thumb.jpg.26704d087f988de7f6a2e6fc4a1d070b.jpg

It's clear she's thinking and while she knows of the rivalry between them and the influence it has on his words, she can't discount that Thorne, outside of Stephanie and herself, knows Ridge better than anyone, given he had a good vantage point all these years in Ridge's rumpled shadow.

• Love 20

Thanks for an awesome recap, CountryGirl! 

Lord, I hope this woman is thinking, "Hmmm...where did I hear those words before?  Oh, that's right!  said them to Ridge when I decided not to marry him.  decided that RJ and I deserved better.  decided that RJ was just going to have to be disappointed.  realized and told Ridge to his face that there is something seriously wrong with him especially when I understood he targeted Quinn; in fact, he copped to it and all but admitted it that conquering women was a game."

The selective amnesia that Brooke reserves exclusively for Ridge's sludgy ass is simply astounding.  

• Love 9

I don't want Thorne wasted on Brooke.  Both Ridge and Brooke are despicable users.  Brooke spent her entire life chasing after Ridge no matter who Ridge was engaged or married to, or who she was engaged or married to at the time.  There has go to be a better SL than this for Thorne.

• Love 7

Hold the phone, Stuffy is not good at lying?  ???Is water not wet?  Is the Pope Jewish?  I love that Liam's eyes roll around when he's trying to think.  It's like he's waiting for the lights to turn on. 

Does Thorne and Ridge fighting over Brooke remind you of Thomas and Rick fighting over Caroline? 

• Love 6

What the hell is wrong with Brooke? How many times does she have to go around with Ridge before she gets it?she’s in her fifties and still so stupid? This is so insulting to women in 2017 and I cannot believe that KKL is in agreement with this stupid story!! If she’s agreed to perform in this show with this story, she’s part of the problem on this show. Shame, shame Brooke! Stand up for yourself!!!!

• Love 11

Did my ears deceive me or did Steffy say that she has never been able to lie?  That closing scene had to much potential to be a nail-biting cliff-hanger but JMW just ruined it with her blank soulless expression, immobile forehead and it looked like she was trying to make her lips quiver but it just wasn't working. It looked more like, "Oh, fuck. I've been caught," as opposed to a woman who has been caught in a lie of epic proportions and is at complete risk of losing her husband over it. FAIL.

I really don't know what to say about Brooke. Today she was actually entertaining a future with Ridge and stupidly believes that "this time is different," as far as him being a loyal, faithful committed partner is concerned. You could go on YT and pull up practically any random B&B clip from any decade and hear her uttering the same words. The writers need to stop pilfering the plot from "Groundhog Day" with this poor woman and blow up Bridge once and for all. I really don't understand her blinders and stupidity as far as that greasy cretin is concerned. I think that Ivy was on to something when she said that Brooke rebounds to Ridge "out of habit."  Another line that made my head swivel was when Eric finally decided that maybe he should take a firmer stand with Ridge and quit supporting Bridge. Wow! He could have had a V-8! I guess like Liam, Eric's lights take a long time (in this case,, decades) to fully ignite ... Better late than never, I guess.

I agree with Gam2, that KKL must hate this and I also concur that she should speak up. I mean, we've been chatting on the "Spoilers" thread about all of the outrageous demands HTy made that Bradley Bell obviously accommodated. The difference is that KKL is a professional and works with and throws every ounce of effort into whatever lines are given her. However, I don't think it is out of line to point out, that this regressive behavior is more on par with a woman who was in her early 20s back in the 1950s. I thought that Brooke behaved like a doormat when she was in her late 20s back in the 1980s. This is ridiculous and it is downright insulting to all female viewers.

Or ... maybe she is just there to collect a paycheck between triathlons and overseas travel to tend to her other businesses. I really wouldn't blame her. TK phones it in on a daily basis between jaunts back to the East Coast.

nuThorne is like a breath of fresh air. If he really walks the talk and takes down Sludge & Co., it could get me excited about the show again. I don't want for this to be all bluster and facade and then Eric wimps out and sides with Ridge again.

• Love 15

I don't know where to ask this so here will do.

What are the ages of everyone supposed to be on this show?

Isn't Wyatt Quinn's son, so how old is Quinn supposed to be and for that matter how old is Katie and all the others supposed to be because he's having a jolly good time boning Katie and I thought she was a lot older.

I still like Katie and think she's kind of hot but geez she's looking kind of wonky going for someone like Wyatt. Eeewww

Edited by Coco Pops 67

Who even knows anymore?  In 1987, Brooke and Katie were about 5-6 years apart,  but when she was recast with Tom, Katie was competing with Bridget for Nick. 

As for Wyatt, I don't think they've ever established his age or even his birth order in relation to Liam, who was early twenties in 2010.

• Love 3

I think Quinn is supposed to be RS' real age which is 49.  Quinn was a teen mom, So I think Wyatt is supposed to be 30-32.  Katie is at least 40-43.  She is the youngest Logan sister so she's about 8-10 years younger than Brooke -- who I think is supposed to be 50 .  I believe Thorne is Brooke's age, he is about a year younger than Ridge

The problem with soaps is the SORAS-ing of the children. So we end up with Brooke has a son Rick who is at least 35, which is impossible because she wasn't a teen or early 20s when he was born.

I think Eric is supposed to be JMc's real age (73) or a tad older. He and Satanie married at 21-22, so it's possible Sludge could be 52-53 but not possible for Sludge to have Faudi who is about 28-30 -- because Sludge wasn't 23-25 when she was born.  SORAS-ing strikes again and screws up everything.

Edited to add.  I think Liam and Wyatt are about the same age, probably on a few months apart.  It's never been said who is older.  I think it was suggested Bill was sleeping with Quinn and Liam's mother at about the same time.  Obviously the 2 of them knew something about Bill's character, as both of them kept their sons far, far away from $Dad.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, La di Diva said:

think Eric is supposed to be JMc's real age (73) or a tad older. He and Satanie married at 21-22,

Eric may have been about that age, but in the first season, they explicitly stated Stephanie Douglas was a freshman when she got knocked up. She and Eric had been married for 25 years when the show started, making her younger than Brooke is now.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, La di Diva said:

I think Quinn is supposed to be RS' real age which is 49.  Quinn was a teen mom, So I think Wyatt is supposed to be 30-32.  Katie is at least 40-43.  She is the youngest Logan sister so she's about 8-10 years younger than Brooke -- who I think is supposed to be 50 .  I believe Thorne is Brooke's age, he is about a year younger than Ridge

The problem with soaps is the SORAS-ing of the children. So we end up with Brooke has a son Rick who is at least 35, which is impossible because she wasn't a teen or early 20s when he was born.

As a longtime soap watcher, I understand the need for SORAS, but B&B's use is too unbelievable. Brooke is the perfect case in point. Rick is her oldest and is now portrayed in his mid-30s. However, Bridget was 18 (at the youngest) when Brooke had Hope (the result of her affair with Bridget's then-husband Deacon). Using SORAS on Hope takes Hope's age plus 18 for Bridget, so add a few years on that for Rick and now Rick is in his 40s. Even rewriting history to have Brooke have had Rick in her early 20s, this puts her in her 60s. With Ridge as her contemporary, now Eric is in his 80s. Do they de-SORAS Hope? If so, what does that do to Liam and Steffy's ages and back stories? No wonder the show can't have Bridget and Hope involved in story lines at the same time.

Even worse than B&B's fickle use of ages, is their fickle use of back stories. At this point, they should go the route of American Horror Story using the same actors, but starting new plot lines each season. To me that would be better than rewriting character personalities to match whatever narrative is the current flavor of the day/sweeps. I liked Ingo Rademacher on GH, but the rewrite of Thorne isn't doing it for me. I'm tired of throwing "you're not a real Forrester" around. Regardless of paternity (another in-the-moment plot point needed to connect the newly created character of Massimo after scoring the coup of signing Joseph Mascalo) Eric raised Ridge believing him to be his son. It would have been one thing to have changed the paternity in Ridge's youth, but as a grown adult, he should be considered a Forrester. The snide comments made by characters is trite and vapid.

With the current story lines, there are no characters worth rooting for, including Sally and Liam. Sally is just another character who changes to meet the current plot lines. I'd much prefer character-driven story lines.

Sorry for the rant, but as a viewer from Day 1 it's been disappointing to see what's become/becoming of this show.

• Love 9

Wyatt and Liam are both supposed to be around 29-31. I don't think Katie being early 40s sleeping with Wyatt is outlandish due to age since after 30s a ten or 12 year age difference is not drastic, you're both middle aged adults. Also Katie looks great. What's weird is that she was his step mom. 

I swear if she stays preachy after this I'm going to have to ask a character call her out. She stays smug and up in people's business but she's not exactly a perfect lady herself between the ex step son banging and the conniving to get Nick from her own niece. Steffi is another one. She constantly calls more honest characters trash and gives them stink face. Um you slept through an entire family in 1 year and also have repeatedly indulged in homicidal violent acts.   But of course to hear her tell it, every female in Forrester orbit is problematic, low class, wrong. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

swear if she stays preachy after this I'm going to have to ask a character call her out.

Katie is still this preachy after sleeping with Nick--after spending months pushing him and Bridget back together to begin with--and conceiving a whole child with him.

As Rory Gilmore once said, "that ship has sailed and is halfway to Fiji."

• Love 2

Oh, and as to the paternity stuff, I think I'm likely alone in this, but I never hated Ridge's paternity being retconned. In fact, given what a hypocrite Stephanie was in every other aspect of her life, it makes a fair bit of sense. As I've learned in the Navy, the more moral indignation someone spews, the more they're hiding themselves. I hated that Bradley Bell decided to outdo Passions in the ridiculous department with Ridge/Bridget and ever pairing in that vein that followed, but likely he would have found some other way to slip in pseudo-incest anyway.

That said, I'm so over throwing the Marone blood crap in Ridge's face. No, I don't care that he and his demon seed (that included Thomas a long time ago) spew the "real Forrester" shit. I don't care what an egotistical bastard Ridge has become. They were all raised together. Every one of his brothers and sisters have called him out for being a shit, and still would be if Ridge had never needed that blood transfusion. Until the Quinn story, Eric had never once held his paternity against him. Just because Ridge has no class doesn't mean everyone else need to hang in the gutter with him.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

I went out and tried to panhandle some fucks to give about Steffy’s poor emotional state, but it appears that my fellowman sees right through this heifer too, and were being quite Grinchy with their own F’sTG, and I came home empty handed. It seems:

SOMETIMES, DOLORES, SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BE A HIGH-RIDIN’ BITCH TO SURVIVE. SOMETIMES, BEING A BITCH IS ALL A WOMAN HAS TO HANG ON TO

Girl should never have let Bill in her house. And, and, and……….Steffy isn’t good at lying? Says who? So, this isn’t who Steffy wants to be? Too late sugar plum, because there is a long list of victims that could care less who you want to be:

Marcus

Hope

Ivy

Wyatt

Katie

Brooke

Liam

Quinn

Steffy is about to learn that you live in the house you build. I said several posts back that I thought the forgotten bracelet would come into play, but I still don’t think it is going to come out yet. No, the one who isn’t good at lying will be forthcoming with some other cover up, but at least Liam will know she wasn’t truthful with him. In any event,  I couldn’t really read Liam as he was questioning his wife, because all I could see was this:

51086cb1-b07d-4c2f-9310-edc0c49c4bd1_tex

WELL, IT’S NOT THE MEN IN YOUR LIFE THAT COUNTS, IT’S THE LIFE IN YOUR MEN

What are you doing Brooke? What person, male or female, should ever have to say “he promised to never do it again”, followed by, “he is really sorry”. NO Brooke. How many times has Ridge promised to never do it again? And how many times has he been sorry?  And how many fucking times has Ridge barged into something private and grabbed you and drug you away? Tell him to bugger off! And by all that is holy; the steam room? Giggling? Playing with Ridge’s nose? AUHHH NAHHH, cause that shit just wasn’t right, and was wrong in so many ways and on so many levels. Why, oh why, are they writing Brooke like this? And to think Darlita called herself dim. I am furious and disappointed that Brooke is leading Ridge on and giving him hope. How can I be properly put out with Ridge acting like a Neanderthal when Brooke is clearly sending him mixed signals?

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH

In reality, Thorne pushing Ridge down was just another temper tantrum, but dayum!, that was so funny, he could do that every day. And Ridge had it coming; “we’re brothers, I love you, and want what’s best for you?” And what would that be Ridge? Right, staying in your shadow. Oh, but you already told Thorne that, when you were telling him he wasn’t as talented as you, or as accomplished as you, not as good for Brooke as you, and don’t let me forget how you couldn’t resist getting in the ultimate dig about you being Mother’s favorite. Wow, way to dispense with the paring knife and upgrade to the full sized Ginsu. Ridge is pulling out all the stops in his quest to annoy and provoke Thorne. Asking why Thorne was trying to start an argument? Who drug Brooke from her lunch with Thorne? Who just barged, not only into Brooke’s house, but into the middle of a private conversation? Ridge can sense that Thorne has undergone some renovation, and now has a steel frame construction as opposed to the paper mache he has sported his entire life. When Ridge starts acting like a Guttersnipe he is feeling truly threatened. Just look at how he is pissing all over Brooke. It’s disgusting and degrading and high school. Why can’t Brooke see Ridge’s behavior for what it is? How it diminishes her? Doesn’t she realize how foolish she will look if she marries Ridge? She saw him and Quinn through the door, and no, there wasn’t anything going on, but there was still that little something; a certain intimacy between them. A closeness that doesn’t fit a grown up stepmom and stepson relationship. Does she really want to live with that kind of doubt again? Wasn’t thirty years of going through it with Taylor enough?

TOTO, I’VE THE FEELING WE’RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE

Eric said maybe he has been wrong about Brooke and Ridge? Eric said that maybe he shouldn’t have forgiven Ridge? Could they be building to something big? A true ostracization? And his daughter fixin’ to be exposed as a traitorous tramp, who, in all likelihood, will be knocked up by her father-in-law? Couldn’t happen to a better, more deserving pair. Do I see Thorne and Brooke in charge? I think I would love that. Ridge could always turn to his old pal $Bill, who will also be licking his wounds from GuestHouseFuckGate. Liam will most certainly be done with him, as will Brooke and Katie. And if Bill discovers Wyatt and Katie there is the possibility of him being on the outs with Wyatt too. So Bill and Ridge could start a poor, poor, pitiful me club, that is populated with overgrown babies and bullies who have been called out for their bad behavior.

WEIRDNESS

Thorne and Sheila chatting like old pals

Liam and Quinn talking like longtime friends and business associates

Eric having a very personal, and possibly pivotal, conversation with Ivy who has been seen twice in the last three months

PROPS AND AWESOMENESS

Pam saying that no one ever works at FCs

Another Ivy sighting!

Brooke’s new look

So much coreness going on; sisters, daughters, wives, ex-relationships and marriages

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Who even knows anymore?  In 1987, Brooke and Katie were about 5-6 years apart,  but when she was recast with Tom, Katie was competing with Bridget for Nick. 

As for Wyatt, I don't think they've ever established his age or even his birth order in relation to Liam, who was early twenties in 2010.

21 hours ago, La di Diva said:

I think Eric is supposed to be JMc's real age (73) or a tad older. He and Satanie married at 21-22, so it's possible Sludge could be 52-53 but not possible for Sludge to have Faudi who is about 28-30 -- because Sludge wasn't 23-25 when she was born.  SORAS-ing strikes again and screws up everything.

Edited to add.  I think Liam and Wyatt are about the same age, probably on a few months apart.  It's never been said who is older.  I think it was suggested Bill was sleeping with Quinn and Liam's mother at about the same time.  Obviously the 2 of them knew something about Bill's character, as both of them kept their sons far, far away from $Dad.

OK thanks guys. Now Wyatt is getting some older woman action then if there's a 12 year gap. Lucky bastard...... Katie is hot

It's a wonder they don't have Liam boning Quinn but that would make it far too icky.

• Love 1

Honestly, Liam/Quinn could have been a comedic goldmine if they hadn’t gone the Captive Cabin route. He’s rebounding from Steffy, she was rebounding on Deacon, they end up at a bar and...well. Because no shit, out of all of his onscreen partners, Clifton lit up more with RS than any other woman he’s been paired with, including CH. Such a shame the door to that has been slammed shut forever.

• Love 4

I may be mistaken, but I thought that it had been established that Wyatt was older than Liam.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Honestly, Liam/Quinn could have been a comedic goldmine if they hadn’t gone the Captive Cabin route. He’s rebounding from Steffy, she was rebounding on Deacon, they end up at a bar and...well. Because no shit, out of all of his onscreen partners, Clifton lit up more with RS than any other woman he’s been paired with, including CH. Such a shame the door to that has been slammed shut forever.

Oh yes. Honestly, for me at least, they could have taken them either way prior to Captive Cabin; frenemies, or enemies engaging in hate sex, because you are so right about SC lighting up around RS. Come to think about it though, most males do, much like KKL. As for the door being slammed shut forever? After watching Brooke flirt with, and give hope to Ridge the past few days, I think the door could be open for any possibility. 

And of course this is B&B.

And Liam didn't press those charges........

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Wyatt and Liam are both supposed to be around 29-31. I don't think Katie being early 40s sleeping with Wyatt is outlandish due to age since after 30s a ten or 12 year age difference is not drastic, you're both middle aged adults. Also Katie looks great. What's weird is that she was his step mom. 

I swear if she stays preachy after this I'm going to have to ask a character call her out. She stays smug and up in people's business but she's not exactly a perfect lady herself between the ex step son banging and the conniving to get Nick from her own niece. Steffi is another one. She constantly calls more honest characters trash and gives them stink face. Um you slept through an entire family in 1 year and also have repeatedly indulged in homicidal violent acts.   But of course to hear her tell it, every female in Forrester orbit is problematic, low class, wrong. 

Katie celebrated her 17th birthday on screen in the spring of 1987, so she would be 47 now.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

I guess I am not that weirded out that Katie was Wyatt's stepmother. It was in name only. I never saw them interact where Katie was acting in any type of maternal role.  She always seemed closer to Liam.

It's B&B. The Spectras are the only one who haven't double dipped into the same family, and that's only because they've been around for less than a year. 

I'm far less squicked by Watie than I would be by, say, a Nick/Hope pairing or if Brooke/Thomas had been more than a one sided (and out of character) crush for that very reason. That, and there's not much room at the bottom of the barrel after Bell jumped into the Ridge and Bridget foolishness.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

It's B&B. The Spectras are the only one who haven't double dipped into the same family, and that's only because they've been around for less than a year. 

I'm far less squicked by Watie than I would be by, say, a Nick/Hope pairing or if Brooke/Thomas had been more than a one sided (and out of character) crush for that very reason. That, and there's not much room at the bottom of the barrel after Bell jumped into the Ridge and Bridget foolishness.

OMG yeah that the same small cast of characters keep double dipping and mixing on relationships if this were a breeding pool the genetic diversity would be shrinking on a nearly monthly basis haha.  If they keep this up they could breed themselves out of existence hehe.

That could be a good thing depending on your point of view.

• Love 4
On 12/8/2017 at 10:33 PM, Coco Pops 67 said:

What are the ages of everyone supposed to be on this show?

As stated before, Hope throws everything off because Rick & Bridget are 18-20 years older than Hope.  Brooke was mid-20s when she had Rick & Bridget, so she should've been in her mid-40s when she had Hope.  If Hope is mid 20s now, Brooke should be mid 60s.  If Brooke is mid-60s, then Ridge is pushing 70 and Eric should be about 92 years old.

Thorne, Kristen & Felicia should also be mid-60s, while Rick & Bridget should be mid-40s and Katie should be in her late 50s which would really make her affair with Wyatt "Cougartown".

Karen Spencer would also be mid-60s right along with Brooke, Thorne, Kristen & Felicia (and Macy).  This would make sense because CJ would also be in his mid 40s right along with Rick & Bridget (because Macy was at least 20 years older than CJ).

This is why you can't have Bridget on the show at the same time as Hope because long time viewers will think of things like this.  You CAN have Rick on at the same time as Hope because all we need to know is Rick is older than Hope but Bridget's presence is a reminder of exactly how much older than Hope Rick & Bridget are

• Love 3
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

This is why you can't have Bridget on the show at the same time as Hope because long time viewers will think of things like this.  You CAN have Rick on at the same time as Hope because all we need to know is Rick is older than Hope but Bridget's presence is a reminder of exactly how much older than Hope Rick & Bridget are

I would rather have Bridget on the show than either Rick or Hope.

• Love 5

Recap for Friday, 12/8/17:

We open at Brooke's place where Thorne is doing his damndest to keep Brooke from slipping back into old, dangerous habits.

Thorne: "Ridge will never change...don't give him another chance to break your heart."

08.12.2017+%25280%2529.png

He tells her he intends to hold his older brother accountable for his actions (about damn time someone did!) and that Brooke should do the same.

08.12.2017+%25281%2529.png

Brooke seems to take his words in but then mumbles that Ridge is "sorry" (sure, he is) and that he wants to make a commitment to her. 

Thorne's expression: "You're kidding, right?"

08.12.2017+%25287%2529.png

Thorne then shares that Brooke is part of the reason he came back and she can't help but smile at that.

Thorne: "After all the people I've lost, you're on top of the list of those I have left." 

08.12.2017+%252811%2529.png

Brooke seems pleased to hear that and agrees they had some wonderful times together.

08.12.2017+%252812%2529.png

Go with that feeling and walking down this particular memory lane, Brooke.

Over at FC, Quinn is telling Ridge how far they've come. From what? Hating each other? Screwing around with each other?

There's all kinds of flirting and eye-fucking here and Eric is just down the hall, people!

Even while he's ogling Quinn, he's crowing about Brooke having put what they did behind her. I wouldn't be so sure, especially with Thorne there to remind her.

In the CEO office, Eric is chatting with Ivy about Thorne's take on him forgiving Ridge and concedes he may have a point. May???

Eric: "Maybe I should stand up to Ridge more. Maybe Brooke should, too." Yes and hell yes!

We cut back to the design office where Quinn is now alone as Ridge left. Presumably to go raise his leg and piss all over Brooke. Preferably in Thorne's presence.

Liam joins Quinn in her office. Apparently, he's doing an article for EOF about the new jewelry line.

To say it's all kind of squicky to see these two alone together like Captive Cabin never happened is putting it mildly.

Quinn mentions how the new line was inspired by Steffy and mentions her bracelet. 

Liam seems to be only half-listening but his ears perk up when Quinn mentions Steffy leaving the bracelet in the guest house.

Liam: "It's strange that she would stay there." 

His interest piques even more when he learns it was, in fact, the night they argued. The night Steffy said she just "drove around."

Quinn: "Is there a problem? You seem so concerned." 

Before he can answer, she goes on to share that the shower and bed? Very much used. Especially the latter. 

DQkjeW5UMAAVGLw.jpg

He leaves, presumably to confront his lying heifer of a wife, knowing that if what Quinn said is true, Steffy lied to him and asks himself: "What possible reason would she have to keep this from me?"

What reason indeed.

Bill is at the beach house and Steffy is all jumpy about him being there. 

What if Liam were to walk in?

Oh please, Waffles is so slow on the uptake, it'll be this time next year before he figures it out.

They both whine about having to smile and pretend and lie. As if neither of them isn't comfortable with lying. Hauxdi's lies in Aspen alone are more than enough for a lifetime and I saw not one single fake, spider eyelash of her's bat during any of that.

Steffy: "This is not who I want to be." Too late for that, tramp.

Bill tries some visualization exercise nonsense with her, telling her to picture herself pulled over on the side of the road, thinking about Liam, versus straddling him or writhing below him.

Bill: "If you believe that's where you were, Liam will, too." Oh, its just that simple, is it?

Steffy: "The guilt's all over my face." Well, something is, I'm not sure it's guilt, although who can tell under all the layers of Botox and whatever else she's got going on up in there.

She talks about how this is "haunting her" but then, in the next breath, decides she CAN do this. Psycho.

Bill departs, sure their dirty little secret is safe.

Liam arrives home and wastes little time grilling her about using the guest house bed and shower when she was supposedly driving around and/or pulled off on the side of a road. 

She looks like the proverbial deer in the headlights but I'm sure she'll lie her way out of this pickle, too.

Ridge shows up at Brooke's to mark his territory. Predictable as always.

Thorne and Brooke paste smiles on their faces at his arrival.

08.12.2017+%252813%2529.png

He has the balls to walk straight up to Brooke and try and kiss her on the lips. She dodges so his kiss lands on her cheek instead.

No-fucks-to-give Thorne immediately takes Ridge to task for fooling around with Quinn, their father's wife, the day before he was supposed to marry Brooke, stating: "It doesn't get much more digusting than that." Well, Swill is more disgusting but only by a hair.

DQkqOm_VQAAeRVY.jpg

Ridge: "What does any of that have to do with you?" 

Thorne makes it clear he cares about Brooke and their father as Brooke rushes out to grab a package that's just been delivered.

Thorne: "I'm not letting you get away with this."

08.12.2017+%252816%2529.png

Ridge continues to do what he's done since Thorne returned - poke the bear, boasting about being "Mother's favorite." As if that were some prize. 

Ridge: "You're always going to be in my shadow."

08.12.2017+%252819%2529.png

Thorne has heard enough and shoves Ridge!

08.12.2017+%252820%2529.png

giphy.gif

Ridge lands on his ass and it is made of awesome. I think I rewound that particular bit about 10 times.

08.12.2017+%252821%2529.png

Thorne: "I'm more of a man that you'll ever be. I'll purge you from Brooke's life and the company."

08.12.2017+%252822%2529.png

Bring it, Thorne! He's LONG overdue.

As for Ridge, he can keep his greasy, rumpled ass on the floor. It's a good look for The Hobo.

08.12.2017+%252823%2529.png

• Love 13
On 12/8/2017 at 5:38 PM, Gudzilla said:

Why did NuThorne knock that poor homeless man down ?

One of my girlfriends asked that question over the weekend.  That prompted me to ask someone to refresh my recollection if there are hate crime laws on California's books for attacking homeless people.

Now, let me say from the outset that I abhor physical violence EXCEPT when (a) someone gets in my face or points their finger in my face; (b) when someone in my family is being threatened or attacked; or (c) when I am forced to defend myself.  That's when the earrings come off and the jar of Vaseline comes out.  Was Thorne wrong for getting in that ass on Friday?  Well, we all know that Sludge has never been able to beat any man in a fair fight.  Not only is he the King of Projection, but he's also the Sultan of the Sucker Punch.  He is also a bully and the only thing bullies seem to understand is when you have to put their asses in check especially when one's mother isn't around to fight his battles anymore (including trying to poison pregnant tricks).  Once again Sludge's big mouth wrote a check that his rumpled ass can't cash.  And, actually gloating that Mama loved him best?  Given the obsessive, near-incestuous nature of that love and how they were so closely meshed, that is something that no grown ass man should brag about.  It's also something that should have caused both Brooke and Taylor to run as fast as they could screaming into the night.  The nature of daytime's Mama and Norman Bates' relationship was revealed on the second day that B&B aired, when Caroline announced that she and "Norman" were engaged.  The look on Mama's face and her questioning said it all.  His response said it all, as well, because it seemed clear that he enjoyed fucking with her head.

I might as well say it.  Poor TK.  Recasting Thorne with a taller and more physically imposing and fit actor is doing neither him nor the character he portrays any favors.  Not only does Sludge look winded, tired and clearly out of shape, but if someone screen-capped his getting knocked on his ass with a thought bubble above his head, it would read, "Help!  I've fallen and I can't get UP!"  What's even more telling is that Thorne hardly broke a sweat and his suit didn't even wrinkle.  It's like when James Bond, as embodied by the always elegant Sean Connery, would get into a fist fight and his Savile Row suits barely wrinkled.

As for the rest of it, the question I had is, why is Bill showing up at the beach house and acting like a pimp checking on his No. 1 moneymaker?  Um, excuse me, pimp, but if you bought a house for someone, it's considered a gift and it is theirs even if the grantee is married to your trick.  At this point, Liam is the laughingstock of daytime.  I've yet to figure out if he's just dumb or if he's being deliberately obtuse.  How he could even pretend to be shocked that Skankerella, who pulled ever dirty stunt imaginable to snag him, is--GASP!--a liar?  Um, Liam...you knew that Skankerella was a LIAR the day you married her!  Or, were you foolish enough to believe she threw away her trick bag?

I understand that there is a Facebook chat scheduled tomorrow with KKL and WH at 9:30 PT.  I'm getting the sense that TPTB's desperation is real especially with the full-court publicity press that IR has been given.  If they are trying to make Throoke 2.0 happen, I would have preferred a much slower pace.  But, I imagine that after seeing the plummeting ratings after the November sweeps (in the toilet) ugliness, this storyline may be getting rushed out of necessity.  It shifts the attention back to the Forresters, including old simmering rivalries and bad feelings that never actually died.  The fly in the ointment?  GarBridge--the stench that never seems to die, along with the regressive writing for Brooke.

• Love 10

I don't get why Thorne and so many other people are lining up to warn Brooke about Ridge.  They act like Ridge and Brooke were married for years and Ridge was constantly cheating on Brooke.  Brooke schemed for decades to get Ridge to be with her.  If Brooke didn't want Ridge to "ruin" her life, she could have stopped chasing after her "destiny" when he was engaged or married to someone else.  Problem solved.

• Love 9

IDK why they waste time and talent on warning Brooke anyway. She'll will do whatever she wants and everyone can fuck off with their opinion. She has proven that over and over. If she chooses Ridge, again then she knows exactly what she's getting and she'll deserve the shit that comes with him. Just like every other time.

ETA I mean "everyone" on the show, not you all just in case that wasn't clear :-) 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

If she chooses Ridge, again then she knows exactly what she's getting and she'll deserve the shit that comes with him. Just like every other time.

Can't disagree with this.  I will never understand why the writers think this nonsense is entertaining.

4 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Um, Liam...you knew that Skankerella was a LIAR the day you married her! 

And it was recently confirmed when she schemed with Caroline to get Thomas away from Sally, AND got her holier than thou husband to go along with it.

On 12/9/2017 at 5:44 PM, Anna Yolei said:

Oh, and as to the paternity stuff, I think I'm likely alone in this, but I never hated Ridge's paternity being retconned.

I don't care that they did it, I only hate that the reason for it was to get Ridge de-related to Bridget.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:51 PM, Anna Yolei said:

In 1987, Brooke and Katie were about 5-6 years apart,  but when she was recast with Tom, Katie was competing with Bridget for Nick. 

To be fair, though, Bridget was competing with her own mother for Nick. :)

• Love 5
5 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Liam joins Quinn in her office. Apparently, he's doing an article for EOF about the new jewelry line.

To say it's all kind of squicky to see these two alone together like Captive Cabin never happened is putting it mildly.

Absolutely stupid, insulting, and infuriating that the show has these two cross. On what planet would Liam be writing this piece and interview Quinn?! Alone?  Wyatt would/should do it or another underling reporter or guess what? No one because Quinn would never ever be featured in any Spencer publication because her ass would be banned and blacklisted as far as they're concerned. And why have HER be the one to drop these crumbs, playing oh so innocent and concerned (but not really) when Eric could've been the one. Complete horse ? Quinn can go stab herself with a pointy object.

Oh please, Waffles is so slow on the uptake, it'll be this time next year before he figures it out.

To be fair, despite Still's history I'd be hard pressed if I was Liam to immediately suspect and verbalize and believe that my beloved wife and beloved father that I just reconciled with screwed behind my back and are keeping it a secret. No man wants to imagine that kind of betrayal by his wife and family member- unless he's also of a sleazy character in which case he could imagine it because he'd do it himself. Liam's one part unsuspecting and one part denial. Until/unless he's faced with the incontrovertible evidence of them copping to the deed, I can see him living in denial as the alternative is the pain of his family imploding again (after losing his first family when his mother died) which really would be too huge a pill to swallow. How could he accept Bill as a father after this? How could accept Steffy- especially if Bill wants her? Wyatt is a wishy washy brother as he's proven time and time again. Liam would be left with no one again and he's been there before and doesn't ever want to go back.

So denial city it is.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

To be fair, despite Still's history I'd be hard pressed if I was Liam to immediately suspect and verbalize and believe that my beloved wife and beloved father that I just reconciled with screwed behind my back and are keeping it a secret.

I think it will be this time next year before he figures out his lovely wife even cheated on him, nevermind with whom! :)

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I don't care that they did it, I only hate that the reason for it was to get Ridge de-related to Bridget.

I hated that SL, and Rick being romantically involved with his nieces, but I thought the Ridge paternity switch was pointless because Mass, Nick and Jackie are long gone.  Much like Eric getting upset 30 years later that Ridge had an affair with Brooke when she was married to Eric.  Why does Eric suddenly care now?

I say this as someone who liked Taylor when she first joined the show, after Shelia shot and killed Taylor, Taylor should have stayed dead.  Brad Bell wanted to pair up Ridge/Brooke so he should have done so, put them on the back burner, and let Bridget, Thomas, Phoebe, Steffy, Rick, Ally, Hope and RJ take over (back before these characters were ruined or killed off).

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I hated that SL, and Rick being romantically involved with his nieces, but I thought the Ridge paternity switch was pointless because Mass, Nick and Jackie are long gone.  Much like Eric getting upset 30 years later that Ridge had an affair with Brooke when she was married to Eric.  Why does Eric suddenly care now?

I say this as someone who liked Taylor when she first joined the show, after Shelia shot and killed Taylor, Taylor should have stayed dead.  Brad Bell wanted to pair up Ridge/Brooke so he should have done so, put them on the back burner, and let Bridget, Thomas, Phoebe, Steffy, Rick, Ally, Hope and RJ take over (back before these characters were ruined or killed off).

Agree with everything, especially the bolded part.  As I say about Nikki/Victor on Y&R I'll say about Ridge/Brooke...they are WAY too old to be involved in these relationship-go-rounds.  At this point, they are old enough, and hence should be mature enough, to know what they want & know what doesn't work.  I'm not saying they're too old to be seen in romantic pairings (I'm a hell of a lot closer to this age group than I am to the Steffy/Liam/Wyatt group), but they're behaving more like high school kids than 50 something adults!

• Love 6

Brooke schemed for decades to get Ridge to be with her.  If Brooke didn't want Ridge to "ruin" her life, she could have stopped chasing after her "destiny" when he was engaged or married to someone else.  Problem solved.

Exactly. Why is Thorne acting like Brooke is some innocent?!? Come on. Brooke participated in this nonsense just as much as Ridge. She's messed with many other characters lives in between waiting for Ridge, so whatever.

I'm not saying they're too old to be seen in romantic pairings (I'm a hell of a lot closer to this age group than I am to the Steffy/Liam/Wyatt group), but they're behaving more like high school kids than 50 something adults!

I agree. I mean either put Ride and Brooke together and make it last or find someone for each of them. This constant childish behavior is just ridiculous. Same with Nikki and Victor for that matter. I'm not saying I want Brooke and Ridge together but honestly its way past time for these two characters to stop acting like teenagers.

• Love 5

Stuffy, that horrible lier, is getting better and better but she really doesn't have to improve since she has Liam making up lies for her. As Bill said, you lie until it becomes the truth. 

Let's see, Ridge wants Brooke, Thorne wants Brooke and Bill wanted Brooke. Bill wants Stuffy, Liam wants Stuffy and Wyatt wanted Stuffy.  Seems fair to me.  TIIC are trying to keep a level playing field that is until Hope is thrown into the mix. Hope has a lot of catching up to do. 

Fuck Maya and the horse she rode in on. Your no Mother Teresa yourself. Like you weren't jumping all over Rick's and Caroline's marriage or there wasn't a peep out of you about Quinn and Eric or Ridge and Brooke. 

• Love 6

Liam has to be the biggest idiot ever.  He just swallowed Stuffy's blatant lies and continued to apologize, while blithely ignoring the giant red flags of "messed up bed" and "took a shower" at the guest house. I don't even understand how that adds up to Stuffy contemplating him. OVER TWO KISSES (rather chaste ones at that.) I want to just grab him and shake the cobwebs out of his head. Maybe he truly is brain damaged.

I guess the B&B spies have been back because of the very painfully clearly spelled out explanation Brooke gave today as to why she is even entertaining reuniting with Ridge (or it sounded like anything with a pulse and penis would suffice.)  That sucked and so made her sound like a woman out of the 1940s or 50s. I am so disappointed in her.  At least she kept it open-ended, so either Sludge or Thorne could be slotted in. (Uh ... forgive the poor choice of words there! Oh, why not!?)

I am already growing tired of the pissing contest between Ridge and Thorne. Now, it's just a game of "how low can I go?"

The hell with Quinn gossiping to Maya about bracelet-gate?  I like the way that Maya quickly shut that down, but it looks like

Spoiler

tomorrow, Maya is going to play hypocrite and spread the word to Ivy.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Exactly. Why is Thorne acting like Brooke is some innocent?!? Come on. Brooke participated in this nonsense just as much as Ridge. She's messed with many other characters lives in between waiting for Ridge, so whatever.

Including his, most notoriously. Or did that convo she had with Deacon of all people not happen because it's a recast?

Just as I'm sick of Steffy being painted as some innocent babe in the woods with Swill, I'm equally as tired of being told Brooke needs protection for the reasons outlined upthread and for so many others. Ridge will let her down again. It's what he does. If Brooke hasn't figured this out after 3 decades and eight weddings/marriages to the guy...well. :/

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Agree with everything, especially the bolded part.  As I say about Nikki/Victor on Y&R I'll say about Ridge/Brooke...they are WAY too old to be involved in these relationship-go-rounds.  At this point, they are old enough, and hence should be mature enough, to know what they want & know what doesn't work.  I'm not saying they're too old to be seen in romantic pairings (I'm a hell of a lot closer to this age group than I am to the Steffy/Liam/Wyatt group), but they're behaving more like high school kids than 50 something adults!

There are so many SLs the writers could do that don't involve everyone changing partners every two months or so.  After Ridge and Brooke had RJ, they could have given Brooke a breast cancer SL.  They could have had one of the twins or Thomas diagnosed with Leukemia.  Bridget could have finally met a decent guy, got married, and had a baby who had a hear defect.  Stephanie and Brooke end up going to the black market to get a donor heart.  The original Stephanie/Brooke feud was good as was the Ridge/Taylor/Brooke triangle, but they wrote those stories into the ground.

32 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I agree. I mean either put Ride and Brooke together and make it last or find someone for each of them. This constant childish behavior is just ridiculous. Same with Nikki and Victor for that matter. I'm not saying I want Brooke and Ridge together but honestly its way past time for these two characters to stop acting like teenagers.

I completely agree.

4 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Including his, most notoriously. Or did that convo she had with Deacon of all people not happen because it's a recast?

Just as I'm sick of Steffy being painted as some innocent babe in the woods with Swill, I'm equally as tired of being told Brooke needs protection for the reasons outlined upthread and for so many others. Ridge will let her down again. It's what he does. If Brooke hasn't figured this out after 3 decades and eight weddings/marriages to the guy...well. :/

I guess Thorne forgot that after overhearing that conversation, he dumped Brooke cold, and ended up hanging out at Macy's grave begging her to come back to him.  Then when she did, he effed that up to.

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, grisgris said:

I guess the B&B spies have been back because of the very painfully clearly spelled out explanation Brooke gave today as to why she is even entertaining reuniting with Ridge (or it sounded like anything with a pulse and penis would suffice.) 

Right?  If that's how she feels, maybe she should have stayed with Bill.

Yay, the return of cha-cha-cha!!!  I guess the interns know how much we all missed that *eyeroll*

• Love 8
On 2017-12-11 at 7:32 AM, drivethroo said:

As stated before, Hope throws everything off because Rick & Bridget are 18-20 years older than Hope.  Brooke was mid-20s when she had Rick & Bridget, so she should've been in her mid-40s when she had Hope.  If Hope is mid 20s now, Brooke should be mid 60s.  If Brooke is mid-60s, then Ridge is pushing 70 and Eric should be about 92 years old.

Thorne, Kristen & Felicia should also be mid-60s, while Rick & Bridget should be mid-40s and Katie should be in her late 50s which would really make her affair with Wyatt "Cougartown".

Karen Spencer would also be mid-60s right along with Brooke, Thorne, Kristen & Felicia (and Macy).  This would make sense because CJ would also be in his mid 40s right along with Rick & Bridget (because Macy was at least 20 years older than CJ).

I think in order to make any sense of the ages on B&B, we have to just forget about taking the SORASed kids into account and go with the ages as they were stated (explicitly or implicitly) on the show before anybody was SORASed (otherwise we have to take into account the current show being set several decades into the future, since they did sometimes state what year it was during the fashion shows of the early years). I did this when I was rewatching old episodes and this is what I came up with:

FORRESTERS

Ridge: Born January 28, 1960 (this was explicitly stated as his birthdate after he was shot)

Thorne: Born 1961(?) (between Ridge and Angela in age)

Angela: Born December 1962

Kristen: I think born sometime after Angela

Felicia: Born after Kristen

LOGANS

Storm: Born in the fall of 1963 (was 23 in the spring of 1987)

Brooke: Born late 1965 or early 1966 (was 21 in the spring of 1987)

Donna: Born late 1968 or early 1969 (was 18 in the spring of 1987)

Katie: Born in the spring of 1970

OTHER

Taylor: Probably born in 1963 or possibly early 1964 (was Storm's high school classmate)

Macy: Born Oct 23, 1965 (birthday explicitly stated, said to be 26 at the time of CJ's birth in late 1991)

Darla: Born in the spring of 1967 (I think - IIRC she had her 25th birthday party just when Karen Spencer came to town in 1992)

Edited by Videnbas
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, A-Lo said:

How long has Stuffy been wearing that horrible gray sweater???  It feels like months!  Time to burn the damn thing.

If she wears it long enough, maybe it'll inspire someone like her bracelet (I think it was a bracelet, but I definitely know it was a plot device) inspired Quinn, who can't stop talking about it, or the rumpled sheets, or the used shower, or the marital discord. 

Totally threw me that Liam & Quinn were ever so casually just having a business meeting & chatting about life in her office, when less than 2 years ago we had captive cabin. That Liam is certainly more forgiving than I am. 

• Love 9

It's been less than a year since Ridge cheated on her with his mother in law  while they were on the verge of being married... why would she even be entertaining the idea of a reconciliation? 

The dumbing down of these characters is something else. If it's not that its the propping of villains and white washing history. All characterization is twisted to suit plot points. I like Brooke flirty with Thorne but for this triangle to work I'm supposed to believe Ridge is a viable challenge or possible true love and Ridge is about as consistent as sizing in women's clothing. I always wondered if she would have sparked with Obba/Julius they seem to have a similar energy and joy they bring to their work. 

• Love 11

How long has Stuffy been wearing that horrible gray sweater???  It feels like months!

Heh. I've been intermittently watching this show again since that hot piece NuThorne showed up and can't help but wonder: does he own just the one pinstriped suit? Seems like the same one he was wearing when he arrived almost three weeks ago. Not that he doesn't look great in it but I'd think a big time fashion designer would have tons of suits in various fabrics styles. Did his luggage get lost on the way back from Paris?

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 4