Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

The thing I find most surprising about Thomas and Hopequinn, is how he is playing her in his head. Real Hope would never tell anyone to hurt anything

Maybe the doll is really possessed like Robert the Doll 😖

theres a lot of haunted doll videos on YouTube many are caught just in live streams or CCTV footage. I remember once Rich Lux was doing a review on a Hot Topic pallet swatching and babbling away and a doll on the shelf behind him moved. I and a couple other posted comments telling him and he did get rid of the doll. 

• Love 1

Man, Hopequinn is such a nag! No wonder Thomas has headaches all the time. 😏

The wardrobe people really are getting their money's worth out of Charlie's low tech SWAT outfit. He's been swaggering around all week in that getup. And why does he need a badge?

AYFKMWTS? He proposed? Already? Stage 5 Clinger Alert! Run, Zoe!

I wonder if Hope and Liam pay Donna for her babysitting services? If not they're taking advantage, IMO.

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. You don't need to be letting some lowly FC employee berate you. Play your Forrester card and tell Charlie he better back up off you about the mannequin. Hopequinn doesn't need some jumped up mall cop in her face.

Geebus cripes, that ring was freaking ridiculous. Who does Carter think he's trying to get engaged to, Elizabeth Taylor? Whatever, if he can afford a rock that size why is he living in that tiny apartment?

Is Zende really attracted to Paris, or does he want Zoey?

I think he wants Zoe but he's trying not to break the bro code with Carter. As far as Paris is concerned, I think he's just shining her on for his own amusement.

• LOL 3

Charades Carter?  Could you come up with something more classy like Twister?  

Zoey is saved by the fire alarm at least for today. 

Paris (Diamond) looks so different with that short short hair. I didn’t recognize her from when she was on Empire.  I hope they let her sing because she makes Zoey sound like a bull frog in heat 🐸 Ribbit Ribbit Ribbit. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

@Country girl Bravo, so amazing and insightful.

Your analysis of Hope and what she's feeling is exactly what I've been thinking, but you put it into words much better than I could.  To me the telling comment, the key to everything Hope is feeling/ trying not to feel is "Why can't everything just stay PLEASANT???" Pleasant -- not happy, not any other word denoting the world is spinning along just fine and we're all one big get-along-great extended family -- but "pleasant." Such a meh meaningless word.

A word that to me means everything is ok on the surface, but please please please, don't look too deeply or open the closet or look under the carpet.  Because then the superficiality of this fragile detente soap bubble will explode and all the chaos and pain and trauma and ugliness and anger and hurt and betrayal and self-blame and darkness and fear and despair will be revealed and Hope won't be able to handle that.

Hope is balancing on the edge ..... Hope is on the razor's edge, wanting everything to be uncomplicated and "normal." But it's not and deep down she knows it and doesn't dare for a nano second allow that thought in. Because she's trying So. Damn. Hard. to make it all seem normal. and uncomplicated That's why Thomas is "Fine" and things are "Pleasant" and she won't let anyone, not even her beloved Liam. hint at anything different.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Ah Carter, just as I thought. Did you raid a museum to obtain that rock? I don't even know if Zoe's little finger will be able to bear the weight. And really, could they make Carter any more pathetic. I thought that was a really lovely proposal wasted on the wrong person. It did pinch a nerve when Carter was saying he had been alone for a long time (that "alone" shit again), but once he started about getting his heart broken? DUDE!!! You asked Maya to marry you before you even had one date. You asked Maya to marry you when you knew she was deeply in love with Rick. And here you go again. Zoe has not professed any type of feelings for you. She refused your offer to share the loft. Talk about not wanting to look under the surface. There are other options for Carter that would make sense. So annoying. 

You know Charlie, at my place of employment, I would get a resounding smack down for talking to one of the CEO's kid's like that. You don't seem to realize that Thomas could one day be your boss. Maybe you think romancing Aunt Pam puts you in the loop, but Charlie, you are still an employee. 

Thank you @CountryGirl and @La di Diva, your insightful analysis of Hope's actions has really helped me to better understand what she is about. What I was seeing as sheer stupidity, is actually a desperate ploy to not open Pandora's Box. I can't believe I didn't see it, but that box contains all the ugliness that Hope has yet to unleash since Beth was stolen from her. The anger, and the pain, and the rage, at what was done to her and Liam, compounded by a thousand because some of the perpetrators were family. Yes, you are both so correct in your assessments. If Hope opens that box she will become Hopequinn, with blazing red eyes, while spewing hate and death wishes. And I think that terrifies her more than excepting Thomas back into her life. It may not be a popular opinion, but I for one would like to see Hope pop that cork, and let it out. Get all those fucks that hurt her in one room, and read them all, and drag them for the filth they are. I think she would come out on the other side looking and feeling like a shiny new penny. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6

First of all, the insight and analysis being delivered here about this show is amazing! Bradley needs to hire you guys to fix this show ASAP because I think what we're getting now is the dollar store version of soap writing.

Second of all, it's THE BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL! Lol, maybe we all need to get lives instead letting this silly show strain our brains. Until next week anyway, when we'll be letting next the 150 minutes (more like 100 minutes, actually) of this nonsense hit our eyeballs.😣

I thought that was a really lovely proposal wasted on the wrong person. It did pinch a nerve when Carter was saying he had been alone for a long time (that "alone" shit again), but once he started about getting his heart broken?

Yeah, after watching the wonderful marriage proposal over on Y&R this week, when I realized what Carter was doing I just rolled my eyes. What is wrong with him? Has the show ever examined Carter's neediness and abandonment issues? And I really didn't appreciate his telling Zoe that one of the reasons he was proposing so soon is because he'd been alone for so long. That combined with the ridiculously inappropriate ring made the proposal seem like emotional blackmail to me. Fcuk all that noise and I sure hope Zoe doesn't let him guilt her into accepting. She also doesn't need to be accepting the proposal to try to work Zende because I don't want to be at a point later where Carter is then able to curry sympathy. He's a grown-ass man who should know better and if he doesn't maybe Ridge, Eric, or Mr. Avant can explain things to him in man talk he can understand. Ugh, this guy.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, La di Diva said:

@Country girl Bravo, so amazing and insightful.

Your analysis of Hope and what she's feeling is exactly what I've been thinking, but you put it into words much better than I could.  To me the telling comment, the key to everything Hope is feeling/ trying not to feel is "Why can't everything just stay PLEASANT???" Pleasant -- not happy, not any other word denoting the world is spinning along just fine and we're all one big get-along-great extended family -- but "pleasant." Such a meh meaningless word.

A word that to me means everything is ok on the surface, but please please please, don't look too deeply or open the closet or look under the carpet.  Because then the superficiality of this fragile detente soap bubble will explode and all the chaos and pain and trauma and ugliness and anger and hurt and betrayal and self-blame and darkness and fear and despair will be revealed and Hope won't be able to handle that.

Just brilliant here. 

One of the biggest tells for me that all is not as it seems with Hope and her actions of late, even more than her argument with Liam and mad dash to Thomas' apartment, is that if you watch the scene I posted she barely makes eye contact. That is not the mark of someone comfortable with the other person or the situation.

At all.

So even if her words are saying differently, are saying, to quote the Counting Crows' Anna Begins lyrics:

You try to tell yourself the things you try to tell yourself to make yourself forget

her body language - even subconsciously - betrays her true feelings.

• Love 5

So Zende really does have a thing for Zoey. *sigh* 😢  And I'm sorry, but a shallow moment:  Zoey does not have an "easy" face to look at close up, and for some reason they love to do closeups of her.

I like Paris but she seems too young for Zende.

Carter is so lame!  My great aunt wouldn't have him.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I like Paris and I think she is the best actor out of the bunch by far.  If I looked at Zende, Paris, Zoey and Carter and had to guess which one was a fashion designer, I would automatically choose Paris. If I had to guess which one was the attorney, I'd be hard-pressed to pick between Zende and Carter.

If any of the writers did their research and maybe even watched something like Project Runway, they would see that most designers don't run around looking like stuffed shirts. 

I haven't seen today's show yet, but am heartened to assume that we're seeing more of the Quinn/Eric mess than Hopeless, Liam et al

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I like Paris and I think she is the best actor out of the bunch by far.  If I looked at Zende, Paris, Zoey and Carter and had to guess which one was a fashion designer, I would automatically choose Paris. If I had to guess which one was the attorney, I'd be hard-pressed to pick between Zende and Carter.

If any of the writers did their research and maybe even watched something like Project Runway, they would see that most designers don't run around looking like stuffed shirts. 

I haven't seen today's show yet, but am heartened to assume that we're seeing more of the Quinn/Eric mess than Hopeless, Liam et al

IA - just based on how they look & dress, I would choose Paris as a fashion designer because she seems creative and free-spirited.  But I'd pick Carter as an attorney because he seems a bit uptight, stiff and just has the demeanor of an attorney.  

OK, just how long have Carter & Zoey been dating?  Isn't it too dang soon for marriage?!  THIS SHOW!!!

• Love 1

Flo reads? Books? What was it, Fun with Dick and Jane? Probably the preschool edition. 👫

Wyatt had to call ahead to announce his arrival at Eric's estate gate. Guess Eric did ramp up the security in Quinn's absence, hah, hah.

Eric looked to me like he's lost a little weight.

Quinn. Pshht, Shauna isn't your best friend, she's your useful idiot. Or so you thought. Shauna seems to have an expert level of ability to navigate through the holes in other people's relationships. 🤔

Actually, sis, you do want to let that one go. Carter will be the emotional equivalent of living in plastic bag: suffocating. Run, Zoe!

The camera work in that last moment between Zoe and Carter was not great. He was looking at something or someone but I think his eye level was too high for it to have been Zoe. It was likely VSJ's wife again since there was kissing involved.

Zoe hasn't even said she loves Carter and he's utterly oblivious. I can't with these fools.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

At least Wyatt announced himself before he entered Eric’s house unlike everyone else. 

Eric hands out pardons like Santa hands out toys to everyone but Quinn.  

Hey Carter, can you date at least 6 months before you pop the question?  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Waldo13 said:

Hey Carter, can you date at least 6 months before you pop the question?  

On THIS show? The way show rolls I’m shocked he didn’t propose the day after their lunch date.😂

It was mighty refreshing to see young Black people together in scenes having a dinner party, being goofy, being regular, and even having soapy twists like a way too soon marriage proposal. Bell is shoving them all together at warp speed, but as many leaps and plot holes as this storyline has, it was a welcome detour from everything else on the show - although Thomaquinn is riveting due to MA going all in committing to Thomas’ psychosis and showing his struggle and vulnerability.

Unlike Thomas’ deeds before (which were astoundingly wreckless and in some cases delusionally malicious, his mental issues with Hopequinn is something else altogether. We’re seeing the ‘monster’ in the throes of his breakdown and struggle before we see the twisted offender that comes later. Or maybe not. It’d be interesting if Thomas actually beat his own demons but money says Finn will save the day to become Steffy’s hero while Liam - who was right about Thomas but not in any way sympathetic- may actually be blamed for contributing to Thomas’ breakdown by Liam being continuously ‘hostile and confrontational’ - which he has every right to be IMO -  but the show won’t have Steffy or Hope seeing it that way for...reasons. Thing is, Liam’s pushing isn’t to blame given Thomas was already cracked. If Thomas was of sane, rational mind nothing Liam’s pushing wouldn’t do anything except make Thomas laugh and blow him off.

Wyatt had gotten a reprieve from apologizing for his mother’s actions but he’s back to his script.

• Love 6
On 11/13/2020 at 2:32 PM, CountryGirl said:

One of the biggest tells for me that all is not as it seems with Hope and her actions of late, even more than her argument with Liam and mad dash to Thomas' apartment, is that if you watch the scene I posted she barely makes eye contact. That is not the mark of someone comfortable with the other person or the situation.

So much this!!!   I think she was terrified that if she made eye contact the crazy would be Right, There. and impossible to ignore and deny.

I also noted the way she kept circling the Hopequinn as if trying to convince herself that a life-size version of herself in Thomas' living room was perfectly normal and rational (and not creepy weird AF).  All the hip designers are using muse mannequins these days. Except you and I and everyone --  and especially Hope -- know that none of the Forresters have ever done anything even remotely like that.

Edited by La di Diva
  • Love 6

I don't know how Zoe accepted that insane ring knowing she doesn't love Carter. But I guess she's no different than Hope and Steffy, who both seem to be more into the pageantry of engagements and weddings than the actual ensuing marriages.

Was anyone looking to see Flo in a bikini a week or so before Thanksgiving? Beuller? I liked her shirt though.

Zende, man up and go get your woman. You know she's just pretending with Carter. And you better hurry before Carter asks you to be in the wedding. Awkward.

Wyatt, how delusional are you? Quinn's motivation was maybe 5% to help Shauna and 95% to stick it to Brooke. Meanwhile, she gets to decide who Ridge spends his life with? FOH.😒

Thomas should go into politics. He knows how to say all the right things with just enough sincerity not to reveal that he's actually lying like a rug.

Hope. You are so dumb. Thomas used Douglas again to work you! 😑

• Love 7

I'm unclear why Hope can't bring Douglas to FC for him and Thomas to have their visit instead of her taking him to her home that she shares with Liam when she knows how Liam feels about him.

The legit way to bring drama to the Zoe/Carter/Paris/Zende quad was for Zoe to gently shut down Carter's proposal with him being hurt but her saying she just wants more time with Zende then thinking he still has a shot and Paris suspecting what's going on. Carter could be driven to distraction in wondering what the issue is and think he came on too strong but then find out that Zoe/Zende are longing for each other behind his back. Will Carter concede to Zende or start playing dirty. He has to be careful as Zende has the name Forrester and Ridge may choose 'family' or friendship if the whole thing escalates.

Know the show would never go there but we need the Avants back WITH Zoe and Paris in the mix. A way in could be Lizzie suddenly needs a bone marrow transplant that brings all the Avants and Rick (maybe with a new wife/fiance) and Rick's siblings back to give support and get tested- Nicole, Sasha, Bridget, RJ show up with Sasha being the one that's a match. This forces Maya to be more than civil to her sister for once and we begin the groundwork for them to get closer. Thomas snaps out of his Hopequinn obsession to reconnect with Sasha who actually has a calming/sane influence on him; Nicole, worried about her bio child, Lizzie, is at odds with Maya and Zende is drawn to her Nicole as he always is which leaves Zoe spinning as she no longer has her first choice or back-ups attention.  Paris and RJ meanwhile connect but he's put off when he finds out that she's the sister of the woman who the reason for the kidnapping of his niece, Beth, which gives them a hurdle to overcome as they fight their attraction to each other. Maybe Paris and Sasha could be a pairing as we don't know that they're NOT bisexual, right?

Meanwhile Rick and Maya are having to work through the baggage of his affair (why did he cheat?) and his new wife/fiance (if it was Amber, it'd be even better). As they tend to Lizzie they fight old feelings even as he stanchly tries to remain committed to his new love. He can also try to make his way back to top dog at FC to bring some battles for the chair and focus back to the fashion front. You could also have Bridget and Finn working together to try to help lil Lizzie by working their medical connections and Steffy feel a bit miffed that another Logan woman is sniffing around her new man, LOL. Bridget vs Steffy could actually be funny. Finn's seen the recovering addict Steffy, he hasn't seen scheming warpath Steffy.

Oh! And later when Sasha is recovered, she can come back to FC as a model and we have her and Zoe competing for top model with Zende as Zoe's designer and Thomas as Sasha's. If we go with the Sasha and Paris are in a relationship route, it would make the rivalry all the more intense with Paris caught in the middle.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 1

As an aside, I just have to say that Katrina looks every good today as she looked 8 years ago in “American Reunion”. 

Hope, your the head of HFTF, a line that is dedicated to the young and fashionable elites of the world. Than why do you dress old and frumpy like Laura Ingles.  On the other hand, Stuffy is dressed like she’s the head of a fashion house. It’s either Stuffy’s red lipstick or she’s has too much rouge but it looks like Stuffy is back on Botox. Stuffy likes much better with her minimal makeup as a drug addict. 

Case in point. Shauna is probably 25 years older than Hope and they are wearing similar type dresses but for Shauna, it looks age appropriate. 

Just because Eric insisted it’s still inappropriate for you to be there. Shauna, maybe you think that Eric won’t forgive Quinn but you are hurting Quinn’s chances not helping.  

• Love 2
On 11/13/2020 at 6:08 AM, RuntheTable said:

It may not be a popular opinion, but I for one would like to see Hope pop that cork, and let it out. Get all those fucks that hurt her in one room, and read them all, and drag them for the filth they are. I think she would come out on the other side looking and feeling like a shiny new penny. 

So long as that list of people includes Brooke, I'm in.  I know some feel Brooke is pilloried for her actions in ways no other character is, but I'm not in that camp.  The fact that she had an affair and a child with her daughter's husband should continue to reverberate all these years later.  Brooke's relationship with Bridget should have been irretrievably broken.  Bridget should have a loving but uneasy with the sister who is a walking reminder of her mother's betrayal.  Especially when that sister, the focus of innumerable parties, celebrations and her own FC line, is treated as the most favored child.  But, because of bad writing, none of that happened.*

Regardless, Hope definitely should have big issues with her mother based on her messy, embarrassing conception and Brooke's subsequent multiple, messy and even traitorous relationships.  The latter never more clearly highlighted than Brill when Brooke, once again, slept with a relative's husband, who is also the man who made Hope's life a living hell in the Hope v. Steffy wars.  To me, that's a betrayal.  And let's not forget Brooke "accidentally" having sex with Hope's boyfriend at Hope's graduation party.   

* While not apples-to-apples, for good writing, at least on this front, see, e.g., GH with Bobbie and Laura who, despite Laura's later becoming her sister-in-law, had previously competed for the same man and, as a result, have really never been close for the ensuing forty years.  Those long-ago actions continued to drive character, in small ways, for decades.  Also, Days, with Sami turning on John, the man who raised her, after she saw her mother cheating on her father with him.  She's still pissy decades later.

• Love 3

I can't wait to see Flatt fall apart in the battle over their mothers!

I didn't like the dresses Flo and Shauna were wearing yesterday either. Shauna's was too young and flirty for her and those drab pastel shades just wash AK's complexion out completely. Hope desperately needs a more cheerful colorful wardrobe and that hideous frock Zoey had on just looked uncomfortable. I personally, wouldn't be able to stand having sleeves hanging off my shoulders all day long.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

DOUGLAS!! Man, I didn't realize how much I missed him until I saw him live today. He's just the best thing on this show. Great to see him today. 

Also, I feel like he'd be #TeamLiam, & be totally freaked-out by the Hopequinn. 

• Love 14

So is Steffy doing her K Klan cosplay again? Today her face looked like something created in a laboratory to me. 😼 Loved the suit though. Gorgeous fabric.

Flo, you really gonna sit there and let your boyfriend trash talk your mommy to her face like that? Not that Shauna can't defend her own self but dang. He came close to calling her a backstabbing heaux.

And then Thomas took off his jacket at the cabin and I was like, "Well hellllooooo nurse!" But his upper arms are looking a little too bulky to me.

Oh of course Flo took Wyatt's side against her own blood. Can't risk losing her rich boyfriend! Fallen apple, nearby tree. But Flo doesn't seem to care if she looks like a golddigger. 😒

Wow, now Hope is sitting around in her home cracking jokes with the guy who let her think her baby was dead. I almost want to feel sorry for how naive and gullible she is. Almost.

Whoa, Douglas has grown! That kid is so darned cute. 🤗

he'd be #TeamLiam, & be totally freaked-out by the Hopequinn. 

Yeah, and with that in mind, Hope better not let Thomas take Douglas home alone with him while that thing is still there. Bet she will though. 🙁

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Another day and Hope looses another 100,000 brain cells. Pretty soon she won’t be able to tell her hand from her ass. 

Talking about loosing brain cells, Shauna is not gaining any brain cells by defending herself for being in Eric’s guest house.  Flo and Wyatt are right. How can Eric feel lonely if he has someone around and also reminding Eric of Quinn’s indiscretions. 

Lurch just saw Douglas the other day but acts like it’s been months. Hope, not picking up on Lurch’s innuendos is going to be your downfall unless you care more about Lurch than your letting on. 

Lurch should have been a used car salesman instead of a designer.  “Do you want to bye a carrrr?”  

• Love 1
On 11/16/2020 at 3:08 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was anyone looking to see Flo 

No 🙃

8 hours ago, Cool Breeze said:

Regardless, Hope definitely should have big issues with her mother based on her messy, embarrassing conception and Brooke's subsequent multiple, messy and even traitorous relationships.  The latter never more clearly highlighted than Brill when Brooke, once again, slept with a relative's husband, who is also the man who made Hope's life a living hell in the Hope v. Steffy wars.  To me, that's a betrayal.

God knows I was so tired of  the Hope Show by that point, but I would've been solidly in her corner if she'd  read them both for filth for that. No matter the chemistry, I could never fully forget that.

• Love 2

Can they stop already with Hope and Steffy acting like some kind of fashion authorities? What I hate so much about it is how gratuitous it is. These two don't know jack about shit; and I don't care if your daddy or your uncle or your granddaddy was the bestest designer in history. 

JMW was rocking that white! 

Look at Quinn talking about someone being inappropriate:

Is it too much to hope that this Quinn/Shauna mashup will bring an end to Wyatt and Flo? I hate them so much. Childish I know, but Sally was my girl. 

Shauna is highly skilled at her craft. She is clearly a long term planner, who carefully maps out her road to victory. 

I also hate this Carter/Zoey nonsense. Carter said those exact same things to Maya when he proposed to her. I just don't understand why they have to make Carter look so desperate and pathetic. He is too old for Zoey, they have no chemistry at all, the girl has never expressed any feelings for him, and she perpetually looks like the deer caught in headlights whenever she is talking to Carter. 

Hope took Thomas to her and Liam's home without a second thought. It is as though she is deliberately trying to sabotage her marriage. But it did allow me to see Douglas, so there is that. 

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Wow, now Hope is sitting around in her home cracking jokes with the guy who let her think her baby was dead. I almost want to feel sorry for how naive and gullible she is. Almost.

19 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Another day and Hope looses another 100,000 brain cells. Pretty soon she won’t be able to tell her hand from her ass. 

Lurch just saw Douglas the other day but acts like it’s been months. Hope, not picking up on Lurch’s innuendos is going to be your downfall unless you care more about Lurch than your letting on.   

7 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Hope took Thomas to her and Liam's home without a second thought. It is as though she is deliberately trying to sabotage her marriage. But it did allow me to see Douglas, so there is that. 

ALL THIS!!!  I know that Hope is turning the page on Thomas's criminal past for Douglas's sake and because she has it in her to forgive and try to move on.  Also, WE the audience see that Thomas is still nuttier than a peanut factory, but Hope doesn't see that.  Still, I doubt I'll have sympathy for her when this storyline gets to the dramatic phase with Thomas (pick any or all choices):

* killing/attempting to kill Liam

* killing/attempting to kill anyone else who gets in his way

* kidnapping Hope and/or Douglas

• Love 7
On 11/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Did they accidentally switch Hope and Shauna's outfits? I thought Shauna's looked too young for her and would've worked better on Hope. Funny, according to Worn on TV it's the same designer for both dresses:

8nNqiDn.jpg

KXIed7U.jpg

As Worn on TV was no help to me when I tried to find a certain dress Catherine Bell's character wore in the Hallmark movie Meet Me at Christmas  (see attached photo).  The green sparkly dress in the photo is what I want SO BAD, but can't find it.  Can anyone suggest where I can look?  P.S.  sending Catherine Bell a DM to her Instagram account didn't help...

Meet Me at Christmas.jpeg

• Love 1

If Kelly has been SORASed to age four, shouldn't Douglas be about eight or nine then? They don't seem to be writing him any older and in fact he's still using that baby voice. Do they want Douglas to seem developmentally stunted or something?

Wyatt and Flo should set up a no holds barred cage fight between Shauna and Quinn on the beach. Winner takes Eric. 🤗

Ugh, I still can't stand Hope being referred to as Mommy by Douglas.

Wait, say what now, Shauna? Since when does the Forrester mansion belong to Quinn? She's just the current wife.

So is Douglas some kind of math prodigy? For his sake I hope so because that's probably the only way he'll escape being turned into a designer at FC. 😒

• Love 4
10 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Look at Quinn talking about someone being inappropriate:

I wasn't watching during this Ridge/Quinn storyline, but I see a lot of chemistry in this video. Were they cheating on Eric/Brooke at the time ? How did this story resolve ? 

• Love 2

Hey Eric, I’m pretty sure life with Stephanie wasn’t always been a bowl of cherries either. Stephanie was pretty much opinionated and didn’t have much love for Brooke until late in life. For that matter, how many times did Eric forgive Brooke. 

And now the Gov of NY has hijacked my TV. I’ll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see the last 15 min by on demand. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

If Kelly has been SORASed to age four, shouldn't Douglas be about eight or nine then? They don't seem to be writing him any older and in fact he's still using that baby voice. Do they want Douglas to seem developmentally stunted or something?

I think it's because everyone likes the actor who plays Douglas, and we don't want to see him replaced by another (older) actor. Douglas is one of the cutest, smartest little boys I've seen on soaps in a very long time.

Also, maybe by making Kelly & Douglas closer in age, it might serve storylines better once the writers do age the kids.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MsTree said:

I think it's because everyone likes the actor who plays Douglas, and we don't want to see him replaced by another (older) actor. Douglas is one of the cutest, smartest little boys I've seen on soaps in a very long time.

Also, maybe by making Kelly & Douglas closer in age, it might serve storylines better once the writers do age the kids.

Yep this.

They did this with Hope, too. Besides the very distinct reasoning for a 20+ year age difference between her and her older siblings, Amanda and Rachel Pace were just so adorable. I can understand why B&B was reluctant to let them go.

What drives me up a wall with SORASing is when they'll age up one kid in a particularly group, but not others. I think one particularly bad example of this was ATWT when Will Munson left town as a (very disturbed and gaslighted) ten year old and came back 6 months later as a teenager, who has a scene apologizing to still ten year old Luke about killing his aunt and losing him as a best friend because of it. Which is all the more bizarre because Luke himself was SORASed weeks after that.

Oh, and also how Hope and RJ have a ten year age gap between them, despite being born in '02 and '05 respectively. But at least RJ was just largely missing from the canvas, so that's a bit easier to lampshade 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Benji said:

I wasn't watching during this Ridge/Quinn storyline, but I see a lot of chemistry in this video. Were they cheating on Eric/Brooke at the time ? How did this story resolve ? 

Quinn and Eric were married; Brooke and Ridge were engaged. None of the family wanted Eric to marry Quinn, with Ridge leading the charge; so Ridge and Quinn had a very antagonistic relationship. Ridge comes up with a plan to get Quinn out of Eric's life; he was going to romance her so he could prove she didn't really love Eric, and was just after the brass ring. Eric wanted Ridge to accept Quinn, and as a ploy to get them to know each other better, sends them off to a tv thingy for Forrester, and while they were there they.........connected. They ended up kissing. And that was the beginning of KissingGate. I don't really remember how long it went on; months for sure though. They were always sneaking around kissing. Then Charlie got wind of it during a party at the Forrester Mansion and went on a mission to expose them, which caused problems between him and Pam. During this time, Steffy and Liam were engaged, and planned a destination wedding in Australia. Ridge and Brooke were also planning on getting married the next day. After arriving in Australia, Quinn and Ridge found themselves alone on a beach, and were telling each other goodbye, that they had to end the kissing affair. Of course that didn't stop them from kissing some more though. And who was standing up on the cliff above the beach watching the whole thing? Brooke. Who immediately hightailed it back to the hotel to tell Eric, with Ridge and Quinn in hot pursuit. Brooke ended up not telling him, but she did put both the others on blast, ended up calling off the wedding, and getting back with Bill. Not surprisingly, KissingGate did not end and Ridge and Quinn ended up rolling around on the Guest House bed. Also going on during this time was the reintroduction of Sheila Carter back into Eric's life. Sheila was living in the Forrester Mansion with Quinn and Eric, and she figured out what was going on and pounded Charlie for what he knew, and eventually told Eric, who didn't believe it of course, but Quinn and Ridge actually came clean. Eric left Quinn and moved into a roach motel for quite some time. He also cut Ridge out of his life, but eventually Eric caved and forgave everyone and moved back in with Quinn. 

I may have mixed up a few things in the timeline there, but that is pretty much the gist of what went down. Fellow posters, please step in and correct me if I have something out of place. Oh, and yes, Ridge and Quinn had smoking hot chemistry. 

• Love 5

Speaking of Sheila, where the hell is she?! Wasn't she working at the Bikini Bar and everyone was just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it?

While I wish it were another character not in a core family taking up her mantle, every soap does need a villain like her.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Speaking of Sheila, where the hell is she?! Wasn't she working at the Bikini Bar and everyone was just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about it?

The restaurant was Il Giardino. For a while there it was almost the only place they were filming! Now we never see it. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Of course Douglas is a genius. He's actually 32 years old. Oy, I really don't like how they're still having Douglas talk like a preschooler when he's clearly not. I think he can still be cute and act his real age.

Quinn is nucking futz. She's worried about her stupid portrait over the fireplace? AFAIC Eric would be wise to dump her for good since her priorities are so wrong.

OMG, why are they making Shauna out to be the big villain in Quinn's situation with Eric? Quinn is the one who effed up her marriage. Shauna just let Eric use her, as she is wont to do when the man's last name is Forrester.

Wonder if Hopequinn got a shower in addition to the change of clothes? 🙄

Hope, you wouldn't know a red flag if it wrapped itself around your head. Thomas might as well be wearing a red flag as a jumpsuit since you wouldn't notice anyway.

Hopequinn goes mobile! AN doing The Robot! You've murdered me, Bradley!

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 3

As, dumb as the Hope mannequin storyline is I have to see Annika really sold it today. She looked like doll Hope and did her best with what Brad Bell gave her. That said, I hope she doesn’t have to do it too long. If it’s anything like the baby Beth storyline I think it’s going to be another year or two until we end up on the CBS Television building again with Liam, Hope, Mannequin Hope and Thomas.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Why is Carter so thirsty? Why does Zoe see no problem with this? Who thought this pairing is a good idea?

When did Thomas take the Hopequin? Must've been sometime during the night, because I'd imagine that dragging a mannequin would be quite conspicuous. I like Thomas' hair, but what is that thing on his face? It's not puppy, I'll tell you that. Dude looked like he's been cut of from civilization. Hope looks like she's a step away from a mental breakdown. Poor Douglas. He has/had 3 parents, none of them mentally stable.

Where are these "many chances" Eric has given to Quinn? Dude was acting like he had a hard time. Aside from the cheating (which in B&B is a crime with the same weight as jaywalking), their marriage has been smooth sailing. From Eric's side at least, Quinn was the one who have to deal with his antagonistic exes and relative of exes'. She has deferred to him more times than she should've. He married the right one, because a sane woman would have dipped by now.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Know the show would never go there but we need the Avants back WITH Zoe and Paris in the mix.

The only Avants I want to see are Julius and Vivian.  Everyone else including Lizzie can kick rocks and stay off my screen.  Never once on this show have I ever seen Eric hanging out with a friend.  Julius can be that friend, especially since they golf together from time to time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Zevim said:

When did Thomas take the Hopequin? Must've been sometime during the night, because I'd imagine that dragging a mannequin would be quite conspicuous. 

It was in the box that Charlie brought into the office. Thomas took the box home and then presumably put the Hopequinn together then. The box was plain so he was able to get it home in the middle of the day without causing suspicion. 

• Love 1

Quinn also caused problems for Eric when she got jealous of his friendship with Katie.  She also muddied the waters with Shelia, but that was mutually deserved.

Both examples weren't quite as extreme as what she did to Bridge, but it still indicates a pattern of troubled behavior.

I actually think that Eric prefers women with a few screws loose. I guess it would keep just enough tension in the relationship to keep Eric on his toes.  Brooke and Donna were probably boring in comparison!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2