Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m guessing he has an angle to suddenly showing up with a no hard feelings stance. 

Naw, it was just Bell being Bell and forgetting continuity again most likely. Outta sight, outta mind, yanno?

B&B isn't the only soap guilty of entirely rewriting a character's core personality after a recast or long absence, but God is it irritating. Julius could've been a competing patriarch....I've seen him play an equally overbearing father in "Dear White People" and he rocked that. But no, who wants that when we could watch Ridge throw temper tantrums about Bill existing or see Liam be more Archie Andrews than the actually Archie Andrews on Riverdale who kept the same girlfriend for four seasons? [/Extreme sarcasm]

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Liam acting like a tool, had me on a break but Thomas thinking he's the lead in the movie Manniquin pulled me right back in.

I would've loved to see the BTS of when everyone read their scripts and saw what was in store for Thomas. Poor MA probably was like 'Is there ANYTHING on The CW I can audition for? Please?'  TK was probably asking if there were any kids he could have onscreen that wasn't imploding?

Lord have mercy, Bell has done some crazy shit but this takes the cake. Between this, Aly hallucinating floating Darla's head, and Pam's issues the Douglas genes are a clear far and away winner towards its recipients having some severe mental issues. Pray for Douglas because that kid is gonna need a lot of nurture to overcome that nature.

Zoe needs to drop being a model and pursue a music career with her performance ensembles being FC. Sad thing is this would've been the perfect avenue for Sally to become the designer for Zoe and launch a YA line that speaks to the younger generation. As it stands they could award it to Zende who with Zoe as his muse falls for her while her original songs move from about Carter to Zende.

Anyhoo, AN's stand-in doll is a hoot. It does bear an odd resemblance to her. The show should do a BTS interview for laughs between AN and the stand-in doll to 'compare' their experiences. I'm serious! If you're gonna go this far, go big on the comedy. Man, this show is a trip.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 10/23/2020 at 9:04 AM, RuntheTable said:

Now about that Hope doll. Did they deliberately pattern it after Hope's judgement non-judgement face? Those slightly inset, upturned eyes? But it is that pouty, smirky mouth that is my undoing. Smiling at you with derision. 

I'm not a regular watcher. But one day I was too lazy to change channels after Y&R went off and came across this craziness. Has anyone else noticed that the Hope Doll also bears a slight resemblance to a young Cybil Shepard?

• Useful 1

Creepy Hope doll really does look like her. I’ll give them credit on that casting. LOL!!!! That said, it’s a shame that Thomas is such a ruined character. Pierson Fode was the perfect Thomas along with Courtney Hope by his side. I have never liked Matthew Atkinson in the role. He always came off creepy even when he wasn’t meant to be. Now, he’s beyond repair. I have heard that soap writers pick up on actors (replacements) interpretations of the role and write to those strengths. I’m not sure what that says for Matthew but they apparently didn’t see him as a romantic hero.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why can't Show have trouble in Zencole-land because Rick and Nicole are bonding over Lizzie?

Maya announced out of nowhere when she returned for that 1 day that Raya were divorcing -- no reason given.  If show went the route of divorce because of Rick and Nicole (and then the possible Lizzie custody battle) -- Then it would make sense for Papa Avant not to care about Zencole because Ricole would be his baby girl married to Eric's son, not the adopted grandson.  Papa A is all about the Forrester money and he'd probably see Rick as a more and better Forrester than Zende.

I'd love to see Rick return from Paris (recast or not) and give TKRidge what for over the whole Shauna mess -- beginning with trash talking Brooke to Shauna on to the constant flirting, all those kisses, Vegas trip #1, black-out drunk episodes and the Vegas 2 Electric Boogaloo Marriage.  Plus I'd like Rick to agree with Liam there is something ... something ...off about Dr. Finn Medicine Man and the 2 of them team up to figure it out and expose the "good" doc. Thereby paving the way for Veffy**  Not to mention Rick and Liam figuring out Thomas isn't wrapped too tight and finding his shrine to Hope with the mannequin front and center.

** I seriously 'ship Veffy but only because I like Vinnie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’d like Rick to return also. He was an good adversary to Ridge. Whereas Thorne & Ridge fought but always had each other’s back in the end. It is a shame that canceled both Maya & Nicole’s marriages within a month of each other. Brad Bell really did Rick & Maya dirty considering Maya’s transgender storyline rocked daytime. Then they basically fired Jacob Young and then kept Karla Mosley on as a day player at best. She went on maternity leave (I think I have the timeline right) and, was promised (in the press) a storyline but was also shown the door when she returned. I guess Brad Bell feels since he’s brought on new AA actors and put Lawrence Saint Victor back on contract makes up for it but I still think he screwed Mosley. And, I didn’t even like Mosley but I can be objective about the whole debacle. All that said, I don like Zoe either. Would someone send her to Paris.......quickly.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I’d like Rick to return also. He was an good adversary to Ridge

Agreed. Hopefully with Kyle Lauder in the role. He can keep pace with TK's blowhard energy.

21 hours ago, ByaNose said:

And, I didn’t even like Mosley but I can be objective about the whole debacle. All that said, I don like Zoe either

I dunno if TIIC purposely make the minority characters as grating AF so that people don't give a shit when they write them out after a year, or if they really don't see PoC as having stories worth telling independent of the main cast. Either way, I've been watching this show since Amber fucked off to Furnace Creek to give birth to a baby she thought might be black--and this show has been absolutely dismal in making any of it's minority characters likeable:

Caitlin Ramirez: annoying. Beyond that, I'm actually coming up blank on anything  besides going back and forth between Thomas and a way-too-old-for-her Rick

Gabriella: a plot device where TIIC actually planned to make go all Single White Female but decided to have Taylor argue for her to stay 8n the US to write her out. I'm still in awe that Gabby remained Thomas's sole healthiest  relationship for a whole ass decade BTW

Mushmouth Marcus: also a plot device to be a "scandal" to split up Eric and Donna

Dayzee: yet another plot device brought in as a means for Stephanie to wrap up her own affairs in her twilight years. As a character she actually isn't bad, just  not utilized well.

Maya: the best of a bad bunch by leaps and bounds. Her story wasn't solely dependent on Rick and she held her own again Caroline. My trans friends actually loved the fact that she was accepted in quick order by the rest of the family, a decision I don't loathe given everything that's happened in the world since. Still, that sudden turn to the Dark Side was pretty WTF when she hadn't thought about Rick in months.

Nicole I'd rather watch Wyatt and Zoe paw each other than to revisit that twit ever again.

The rest of the Avants: actually pretty compelling. From Sasha's insecurity to Julia's social climbing, it's a damn shame B&B didn't find any use for them after the Lizzie story wrapped up. 

Xander and Emma: other than being the only two semi-decent people in the baby mess....naw. 

Justin: criminally underutilized as a prop for Bill to bounce off.

It just makes me a very sad panda that B&B doesn't even try. You're telling me the same show that turned Brooke from a chemist to CEO to keep her relevant when the rest of the Logans had been written out the show and one that turned a goddamn merchant sailor into the head of a design company couldn't find a way to work in a limo can owner (I think....?) into the fold? She, Julius would've made a better Vice President of FC than Taylor did.

As the kids say these days....."bruh." 😒

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Agreed. Hopefully with Kyle Lauder in the role. He can keep pace with TK's blowhard energy.

I dunno if TIIC purposely make the minority characters as grating AF so that people don't give a shit when they write them out after a year, or if they really don't see PoC as having stories worth telling independent of the main cast. Either way, I've been watching this show since Amber fucked off to Furnace Creek to give birth to a baby she thought might be black--and this show has been absolutely dismal in making any of it's minority characters likeable:

Caitlin Ramirez: annoying. Beyond that, I'm actually coming up blank on anything  besides going back and forth between Thomas and a way-too-old-for-her Rick

Gabriella: a plot device where TIIC actually planned to make go all Single White Female but decided to have Taylor argue for her to stay 8n the US to write her out. I'm still in awe that Gabby remained Thomas's sole healthiest  relationship for a whole ass decade BTW

Mushmouth Marcus: also a plot device to be a "scandal" to split up Eric and Donna

Dayzee: yet another plot device brought in as a means for Stephanie to wrap up her own affairs in her twilight years. As a character she actually isn't bad, just  not utilized well.

Maya: the best of a bad bunch by leaps and bounds. Her story wasn't solely dependent on Rick and she held her own again Caroline. My trans friends actually loved the fact that she was accepted in quick order by the rest of the family, a decision I don't loathe given everything that's happened in the world since. Still, that sudden turn to the Dark Side was pretty WTF when she hadn't thought about Rick in months.

Nicole I'd rather watch Wyatt and Zoe paw each other than to revisit that twit ever again.

The rest of the Avants: actually pretty compelling. From Sasha's insecurity to Julia's social climbing, it's a damn shame B&B didn't find any use for them after the Lizzie story wrapped up. 

Xander and Emma: other than being the only two semi-decent people in the baby mess....naw. 

It just makes me a very sad panda that B&B doesn't even try. You're telling me the same show that turned Brooke from a chemist to CEO to keep her relevant when the rest of the Logans had been written out the show and one that turned a goddamn merchant sailor into the head of a design company couldn't find a way to work in a limo can owner (I think....?) into the fold? She, Julius would've made a better Vice President of FC than Taylor did.

You mean you don’t like characters like Dayzee who are from the streets, illiterate or poor? Somehow they are all written for AA actresses like Dayzee, Maya, Dru (Y&R) and, Kira (ATWT.....Lauryn Hill). I’m sure I’m missing some others but they are either poor, uneducated or a best friend of like Claudia was to Laura on GH. Of course, you remember Luke, Laura, Scotty & Bobbi but few remember Bryan and Claudia. I’ve been watching the soaps since the 70’s and have seen it all. It’s not just Brad Bell. All of daytime is guilty of it. Rant over. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, ByaNose said:

You mean you don’t like characters like Dayzee who are from the streets, illiterate or poor? Somehow they are all written for AA actresses like Dayzee, Maya, Dru (Y&R) and, Kira (ATWT.....Lauryn Hill). I’m sure I’m missing some others but they are either poor, uneducated or a best friend of like Claudia was to Laura on GH. Of course, you remember Luke, Laura, Scotty & Bobbi but few remember Bryan and Claudia. I’ve been watching the soaps since the 70’s and have seen it all. It’s not just Brad Bell. All of daytime is guilty of it. Rant over. 

Rant heard! There was also Jessie and Angie on AMC, played by two superb AA actors.  IIRC, at least on GH they had Bryan become a lawyer. Funny thing is, I remember Bryan and Claudia being Luke & Laura's best friends, then just disappearing.

• Love 2

Show was a hoot today.

You had Wyatt taking Quinn to task for blowing things with Eric, telling her, "you were almost normal."

Zoe sharing the fact that she spent the night with Carter to Zende like he's her gal pal or something. TPTB are trolling us.

And then there is Thomas and the Hope mannequin. I swear...if that head moves, Thomas is gonna be humping it.

ElDjQlBWMAE73Cr?format=png&name=small

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 10/21/2020 at 2:42 PM, Crashcourse said:

I've liked the actor who plays Finn ever since that Liberty Mutual commercial, and I'm glad that he found more work.  However, every time I see him all I can think of is Liberty Bibberty and I'm afraid that's all I'll think about whatever role he plays in the future.  

Oh gosh, I'm so glad it's not just me, lol!!  All I can see/hear is "Liberty Bibberty" whenever he's in the room!

• LOL 9
17 hours ago, ByaNose said:

That's a fair point. It just irritates me more on a show where the EP has been on show from day one, whose family still owns the show outright and likely gets the least pushback from the network because of that...and they do this. But then, Bill Bell was the one who taught the dumb bloke and we all know how he invented Winters Wednesday and Drucilla couldn't read when she first came to Y&R, so...... 😐

although, Bell Sr did listen to the actors re: that Dru/Malcolm BS he nearly pulled and promised not to revisit that. A promise CBS broke after he died....shame on them.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I agree that this show has an abysmal track record for minority characters.  There was also Hector Ramirez.  He sucked too, but I chalk part of that up to Lorenzo Lameass, who is a terrible actor.  The Ramirez family were Hispanic in name only, I don't think their ethnicity was ever mentioned.  To the point where the actress who played Caitlin was (I think) 100% white.  Not sure if Hector was supposed to be 100% Hispanic or just 50% like the actor portraying him or maybe even zero percent like Keith Hernandez of the Mets.

I liked Dayzee a lot and she was a breath of fresh air on this show.  Unfortunately, they eventually paired her with Mushmouth, who I couldn't stand, and I believe that the two of them moved to Africa.  Whatever happened to her coffeehouse?  It was once the most happening place in Bell A.  Now it's forgotten.

I couldn't stand Mushmouth but it's a shame they couldn't recast the character and make him, Justin and Donna a more central part of the show.  Justin is hardly on, Donna is hardly on, and when she is on, she's just window dressing.  Why not a storyline where Bill steals Donna away from his friend Justin?  I guess because it's less interesting than the 100th reiteration of Brooke/Ridge/Bill?

I'm still unclear on why the show's turnaround on Maya.  At one point, she had grown to become one of the near-leads of the show.  Then the actress went on maternity leave and now her job is gone forever?  The cast thought highly enough of Karla Mosley to include her in that video of the women virtually passing the makeup brush to each other.  There was a rumor that Maya was going to come back to town but recently that was confirmed as unfounded and that there are no plans to bring Maya back.  Instead, we are painfully subjected to Zoe.

I do agree that other soaps have fairly poor track records on minority characters... but at least on Y&R, they took Devon, a homeless kid from the streets and over the years they have transformed him into a billionaire tycoon.

• Love 3

It’s the miracle of miracles. Hope, Zende, and Zoey changed their clothes. Hope even look like she took a shower but forgot to blow dry her hair.  

Wow, Carter is a COO for like a week and he’s blowing off work.  After making love to Zoey, I wonder if he got a splinter in his wood.  

All you have to mention Quinn once and she shows up unlike Beetlejuice where you have to say his name 3 times.  I still like Quinn because she is who she is and unlike most not a phony. A lier, a manipulator, an accomplished bitch but not a phony. 

Hey Zoey, Zende his here because he works here.  Somebody has a guilty conscience and it’s not Zende.  Why was that important to tell Zende that she slept with Carter?  

Why does the mannequin have hazel eyes while Hope has blue eyes. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I have zero interest in Zoe, Zende and Carter. That’s half the show right there that I mute and go do something else. It seems like we just got through the “Thomas is nuts and on the prowl for Hope” story and here we are again! This is really beyond ridiculous and boring. Hey! Where are Eric, Brooke and Ridge?!

• Love 9
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

I'm still unclear on why the show's turnaround on Maya.  At one point, she had grown to become one of the near-leads of the show.  Then the actress went on maternity leave and now her job is gone forever? 

Because the Rick actor was let got due to "lack of story" and single, unattached woman has no place in Bell's LA. I'm genuinely surprised they didn't have her die from cancer to sever the ties for good, but I guess even Brad Bell (or someone close to him, more than likely) was aware of the very bad optics of that decision of a trans woman being killed pointlessly.

On that tangent, Jacob Young stated in one of his exit interviews that he pitched an idea to give them more story. He mention the studio didn't go for the original idea but that after he'd left said idea got retooled. That was shortly after Xander Avant had arrived from across the pond, btw. Make up that what you will, but I would've been far more interested in a Xander who was adopted into some distant branch of Avants  and was Maya's long lost son than the unremarkable story we did get.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Xander who was adopted into some distant branch of Avants  and was Maya's long lost son than the unremarkable story we did get.

Prreeeeeeach. Maya actually having a biological child and even possibly having old feelings come up for her baby momma would've been riveting. Or even just have Zander processing that his biological father is now Maya and how families work through these things in a socially relevant storyline. Also it gives Julius and Vivienne something to play in how they kept/arrange this secret birth from Maya, Nicole and Sasha realizing they're aunts to a kid their own age. Sasha and Zander would bond as the outsiders possibly with Julius resentful but put in his place by his beloved grandson that he doesn't get to be an ass to Sasha after making her and Zander both  'dirty little' Avant secrets.

And of course the other storyline for Rick/Maya is the return of Amber and a grown up lil Deacon who has daddy issues with Rick while Amber is setting her sights on Rick with Maya ready to fight for her man and realizing that Amber Moore is NOT Caroline 2.0- Amber knows how to fight and fight dirty.

Rick and Maya had looooooads of story. We're not even counting on when Lizzie grows up to find out her aunt Nicole is her biological mother and  her desire to get to know Nicole more threatens Maya and pits the sisters against each other again.

I don't even like Maya (I'm still salty about how she and Rick treated Aly and then acted like their ish didn't stink at her funeral) and I'm pissed we didn't get the promised stories of her as lead if they had been anything like the above.

6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

And then there is Thomas and the Hope mannequin. I swear...if that head moves, Thomas is gonna be humping it.

Tea. All.over.my.laptop.screen. LOL.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5

Aw, Zoe. Surely you are not that desperate.

Ugh, I am 100% not a fan of Carter's puffy, overdeveloped body. Trying too hard to distract from something, IMO. Put your shirt on, freakshow. 😒

Flo, your mommy spent months happily stashed in Ridge's back pocket and you know it.  Play sidepiece games, lose sidepiece prizes.

Being with Eric has made Quinn more gentle? Gentle relative to what, a velociraptor? 🤔

I liked Zoe's leather jumper. Meanwhile, I do not understand why she keeps discussing her relationship with Carter with Zende. Or why Zende puts up with it.

Zoe: Yeah, I just spent the night with Carter and we did every position from 1 to 69. I can barely walk straight because he has the biggest--
Zende: Wow, look at the time! See ya around. I've got places to go, people to meet, toilets to vomit in! 😕

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Do we know why this mannequin of Hope exists? Is it part of some bizarre marketing campaign for HFTF?

All we know is what Charlie said when he dropped off the boxes. 
http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/bb/older/2020/bb-trans-10-21-20.shtml

Charlie: [ Grunts ] Gangway. Major delivery for hope for the future archives. Boutique sent this back after they broke down the display. 

Thomas: Looks pretty heavy. 

Charlie: It is! Where do you want it? 

Thomas: Just drop it right there, it's fine. 

Charlie: Okay. Uh... okay. That it? Okay, uh...later, chief. 

Thomas: Okay. 

Charlie: Think I pulled some fat. Oh, god. 

[ Door closes ] The most dangerous thing about rheumatoid arthritis

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Love 1

I can see it already... Thomas pulls out his secret stash of dehydrated hallucinogenic boinkberries.  The Hope mannequin becomes "alive" and Thomas is in heaven.  I'm picturing it acting like Jeannie from the bottle, all docile and servile and eager to please.  Then Steffy walks in on Thomas and the doll on the couch in flagrante.

12 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Prreeeeeeach. Maya actually having a biological child and even possibly having old feelings come up for her baby momma would've been riveting. Or even just have Zander processing that his biological father is now Maya and how families work through these things in a socially relevant storyline. Also it gives Julius and Vivienne something to play in how they kept/arrange this secret birth from Maya, Nicole and Sasha realizing they're aunts to a kid their own age. Sasha and Zander would bond as the outsiders possibly with Julius resentful but put in his place by his beloved grandson that he doesn't get to be an ass to Sasha after making her and Zander both  'dirty little' Avant secrets.

And of course the other storyline for Rick/Maya is the return of Amber and a grown up lil Deacon who has daddy issues with Rick while Amber is setting her sights on Rick with Maya ready to fight for her man and realizing that Amber Moore is NOT Caroline 2.0- Amber knows how to fight and fight dirty.

Rick and Maya had looooooads of story. We're not even counting on when Lizzie grows up to find out her aunt Nicole is her biological mother and  her desire to get to know Nicole more threatens Maya and pits the sisters against each other again.

I don't even like Maya (I'm still salty about how she and Rick treated Aly and then acted like their ish didn't stink at her funeral) and I'm pissed we didn't get the promised stories of her as lead if they had been anything like the above.

I completely agree... the return of Amber would have been a great storyline for Rick and Maya.  But I guess there's no room for Rick and Maya when the storylines for the younger set are monopolized by Carter/Zoe/Zende and Steffy/Liam/Finn/Hope/Thomas.  Bradley needs some new ideas.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, blackwing said:

I agree that this show has an abysmal track record for minority characters.  There was also Hector Ramirez.  He sucked too, but I chalk part of that up to Lorenzo Lameass, who is a terrible actor.  The Ramirez family were Hispanic in name only, I don't think their ethnicity was ever mentioned.  To the point where the actress who played Caitlin was (I think) 100% white.  Not sure if Hector was supposed to be 100% Hispanic or just 50% like the actor portraying him or maybe even zero percent like Keith Hernandez of the Mets.

I liked Dayzee a lot and she was a breath of fresh air on this show.  Unfortunately, they eventually paired her with Mushmouth, who I couldn't stand, and I believe that the two of them moved to Africa.  Whatever happened to her coffeehouse?  It was once the most happening place in Bell A.  Now it's forgotten.

I couldn't stand Mushmouth but it's a shame they couldn't recast the character and make him, Justin and Donna a more central part of the show.  Justin is hardly on, Donna is hardly on, and when she is on, she's just window dressing.  Why not a storyline where Bill steals Donna away from his friend Justin?  I guess because it's less interesting than the 100th reiteration of Brooke/Ridge/Bill?

I'm still unclear on why the show's turnaround on Maya.  At one point, she had grown to become one of the near-leads of the show.  Then the actress went on maternity leave and now her job is gone forever?  The cast thought highly enough of Karla Mosley to include her in that video of the women virtually passing the makeup brush to each other.  There was a rumor that Maya was going to come back to town but recently that was confirmed as unfounded and that there are no plans to bring Maya back.  Instead, we are painfully subjected to Zoe.

I do agree that other soaps have fairly poor track records on minority characters... but at least on Y&R, they took Devon, a homeless kid from the streets and over the years they have transformed him into a billionaire tycoon.

Which is still eleventy billion times more interesting than $Bill & Katie, part 685. Why not $Bill & Maya? I know that he was the one who broke her story, maybe he could make amends & they bond. I don't want Bill/Katie, & I think BRidge is destiny right now, at least temporarily. $Bill/DD is probably at his non-Ridge-sparring best, when he's wooing. Who can he woo on-screen? There's honestly not many options left. It blows my mind that they have an actor with that screen-presence, & that big of a following (any other actor probably couldn't have redeemed $Bill, he's kind of a baddie, but DD is so good that he's flipped the script, where he's so good at being bad that he's actually good; it makes sense in my head). So much time is wasted on Flo, although, not as much lately, or Zoe/Carter, who are clearly not going to be together long, or Thomas & the Hopequinn, you have DD on contract, he should be on 3-4-5 times a week! 

• Love 6

A Julius sighting! Well, at least I think it was; he was acting so strange. 

Can I say how pissed I am with the whole Ridge/Shauna Vegas crap fall out? Or maybe I should say lack of fall out? We have seen Brooke, and not one mention of it. Now Quinn pops up, and is apparently in some kind of dire straights, but what are they exactly? Is she still living at Eric's? Has he forgiven her? So, Brooke isn't going to address this shit with Shauna too? 

Fizzle, fizzle, fizzle De Fucking Dizzle! 

Oh, but Show was kind enough to reward my loyalty with Zoe and Carter all week! I feel so........................bored. What is wrong with these people? I am one of those that generally stay on the fence about shit, well, unless it involves hurting an animal, then you are gonna get one of those fence posts shoved up your ass, but other stuff? Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. And everyone is entitled to feel the way they do about a particular topic. I have no right to tell them they are wrong. But to shove this crap down your viewing audience's collective throats so you can be "inclusive", is not only irresponsible, but annoying and insulting. I know LSV has his shortcomings, but I feel bad for the man. Everyone has to work, and being offered a front burner SL in this working environment isn't something most actors would turn down. But you just know he has to know. Carter is many things, but he is most certainly not COO material. And just to shove him into Zoey's orbit, acting like this love sick lap dog that has worshipped her from afar? I just can't with any of it. Isn't that what they did with him and Maya? Not even a date and he is proposing? Show, understand me when I tell you this is not good storytelling. There is nothing remotely compelling or interesting here. And Zoey is a bitch, standing on second base undecided whether to go for the home run, or just make it to third. 

Now, this stuff with Thomas and Hopequinn (awesome @nkotb), is entertaining me. And God love MA, but he is selling it. I bout died when he slapped on his little around town shoes, and turned to leave the apartment only to be called back by "her", causing Thomas to spin around and run up to "her", and slap his hands in front of her face. Oh, and best still, is how they are now bringing Hopequinn into the office with Thomas. That could make for such good fun! What I like about it is watching sane Thomas fight for supremacy over insane Thomas. That, and the fact that it is friggin hilarious. 

There are so many amazing SL suggestions on this board, but the problem is they would require good writing, and character planning, and SL building. Show prefers to slap us about the head with nonsense that is here today and gone tomorrow. I can't even remember the last good, compelling SL on Show. 

• Love 10

OMG, Zende! Tell Zoe to stop treating you like her girlfriend. And stop acting noble or whatever it is you're doing.

What is this magical divorce eraser the COO of FC came up with? Meh, seems to me Ridge should've been charged with bigamy if he was still married when he married Shauna.

Lol, did Zoe accidentally block Zende's number? Why would his text not be delivered?

Wow Brooke. You won. You don't need to be still trying to break up Eric's marriage. At least give him an alternative and send Donna over to console him. 🙄

I can't with Flo. She just keeps giving away things that don't belong to her.

Ugh, Ridge stays getting rewarded for bad behavior. 😒

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Ugh, Ridge stays getting rewarded for bad behavior. 😒

Of course. I've thought Ridge was a world class pro skater in the past when Ronn Moss played him but this version is a whole ass manchild who no one even tries to hold him accountable. Why is Brooke fighting to "win" here? I wouldn't even wish this version on whacked out Taylor.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

What is this magical divorce eraser the COO of FC came up with? Meh, seems to me Ridge should've been charged with bigamy if he was still married when he married Shauna.

The last time I saw a divorce was rescinded/revoked, it was on General Hospital for Sonny and Carly's first divorce.

Isn't Carter behind a bunch of wedding licenses and annulments and now an adoption that ended up not being official or legal. Watch in 6 months, someone from the clerks office is going to tell Brooke and Ridge that they are indeed divorced.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Eric, you dolt, deception and manipulation is as much Brooke’s forte as it is Quinn. I think it was Stephanie’s also. Hold the phone, isn’t deception and manipulation the whole underlining theme of The Bold and The Beautiful?  

Quinn looked absolutely beautiful today. That color blue suits her to a tee. Quinn looks like she works in a prestigious fashion house while Brooke, Zoey, and Hope look like the get dressed in the dark. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I forgot to mention the best part of the whole show: Ridge kissing the Brookequinn! Like father, like son! That was so obviously not KKL, but she went all in, kissing her real-life man. 

• LOL 5

Sigh, looks like Hopequinn doesn't know how to change clothes either. 😏

AYFKMWTS? Now Finn just swans into FC unannounced like he owns the place? This guy.

"Not that serious"? Steffy recently told Finn she loves him. Guess she just tosses that out like so much confetti.

Hope, Hope, Hope. You're happier about Steffy & Finn than Steffy is. You better pray he doesn't turn out to be a serial killer or something else awful.

Is Thomas trying to start some stuff between Finn and Liam? More stuff, anyway. What's in it for him?

Oy, Liam is a mess. One week Thomas is Enemy #1, then the next week it's Finn, and now its Thomas again. Henny Penny much, Liam?

Wonder if Finn the medical doctor will notice that Thomas is utterly off his rocker? It doesn't matter since neither Ridge nor Steffy will believe it until Thomas does something so bonkers they won't be able to deny it.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Oy, Liam is a mess. One week Thomas is Enemy #1, then the next week it's Finn, and now its Thomas again. Henny Penny much, Liam?

I mean, but Thomas is a legit enemy who has told him he wanted to stand over his grave holding his kids and with Hope and victorious so...yeah, Liam needs to keep him in his sights always.

I wasn't shocked Liam thought Steffy and Finn were getting hitched. That's the way things move with couples on this show.

Finn wouldn't be a good doctor if he didn't notice Thomas had some issues

Spoiler

but it'll be Liam who finds Hopequinn first next week and then runs to Hope and Steffy to worry Thomas is off his rocker. Hopefully he grabbed a quick snapshot to show them.  I think what will bond Finn and Liam will be taking down Thomas.  Finn is gonna see Thomas as a threat to Steffy's recovery and mental health, IMO.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

Eric, you dolt, deception and manipulation is as much Brooke’s forte as it is Quinn

Ehhhhh, I'm no fan of Brooke's but her supposed deception is nowhere near in the same ballpark as Quinn's. Brooke's never kept someone captive to push a marriage  or pushed people off of cliffs (on purpose, but who even cares about Thomas anyway?) to save her own ass. She *is* incredibly stupid and selfish for a woman of her age but hers is more off the cuff and nor deliberate calculated pain.

All that said, I agree w the person who said she doesn't need to keep running interference w Queric. Eric is a big boy who, unlike with Stephanie and Sheila, knew damn well who Quinn was when he married her. Brooke can go back to pampering the manchild she keeps fighting for for the next ten minutes before they inevitably break up over the impending custody battle between their daughters.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

I mean, but Thomas is a legit enemy who has told him he wanted to stand over his grave holding his kids and with Hope and victorious so...yeah, Liam needs to keep him in his sights always.

I wasn't shocked Liam thought Steffy and Finn were getting hitched. That's the way things move with couples on this show.

Finn wouldn't be a good doctor if he didn't notice Thomas had some issues

Hide contents

but it'll be Liam who finds Hopequinn first next week and then runs to Hope and Steffy to worry Thomas is off his rocker. Hopefully he grabbed a quick snapshot to show them.  I think what will bond Finn and Liam will be taking down Thomas.  Finn is gonna see Thomas as a threat to Steffy's recovery and mental health, IMO.

As if anyone has the good sense to use easily available technology, least of all the guy whose last job ten years ago was in IT!

Would be a hoot if Finn and Liam bonded over all this then fell for each other, freeing up Hope and Steffy to go after other, better men, but we can't have nice things on this show 😂

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Kelly is 4. Should she already be in preschool?  Maybe if she was, she wouldn’t be sleeping all the time. 

Lurch, how could Stuffy just leave when she was home, with Kelly, hunting for sea shells?  How is Lurch expecting Hope when she’s with Liam looking for Kelly while Stuffy is home?  

Doctor Finn maybe couldn’t could detect Stuffy’s drug problem but he sure has Lurch pegged.  Doctor Finn cut through Lurch’s rant straight to the fact he’s still pining for Hope.  Now what will Doctor Finn do with this information?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Quinn is certainly one audacious piece of work. Going to Eric to plead her innocence, and tell him how she is a changed woman, and feels oh so bad about what she did. Liar! And Eric just sat there looking befuddled. I am mad at Quinn anyway because she made me watch that noxious pair, Flo and Wyatt. How else was I going to find out what is going on with Quinn? I guess I was supposed to smile and giggle at the thought of Quinn moving in with them. 

Wow, Steffy cleaned up real nice. I loved that outfit she was wearing yesterday. I enjoyed the girls trickery on Mini Waffle.

Oh, Boy Howdy, but Brooke and Ridge are married again! I felt like I wanted to run down the street like the local town crier, or maybe rent a biplane with a tailing sign informing all about the happy event. And again with the totally inane dialogue between these two. 

Now, to my new boy, Matthew Atkinson, who is completely rocking my B&B world. Outside of the fact that he is looking smokin hawt, is the way he is playing out this material. He is doing an awesome job with the mental tug and pull of Hopequinn, and of going to his secret Hopequinn place while still conversating with others. I re-watched his scenes with Finn several times because I thought he was working on all cylinders. There is a big difference in playing an evil wacko, who is out to do damage to someone, and playing a person who is struggling with mental illness and is losing touch with reality. Loving Hopequinn doesn't make Thomas evil, or mean, or bad, it makes him sick and sad, and brings out all my motherly instincts to fix the boo boo. It is very much like how I felt about Tommy Lee Jones in The Eyes of Laura Mars. He is crazy, he knows he is crazy, and he tries so hard to fight it. He wants to stab ice picks in everyone's eyes so bad, and he wants to kill Faye Dunaway so bad, but his love for her stops him, and he begs her to "kill him". Sorry, I gotta go get my Kleenex now. 

And of course we were spared any Zoey and Carter. 

13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

AYFKMWTS? Now Finn just swans into FC unannounced like he owns the place?

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. But, you know how it is on Show. No one locks their doors, or has any type of security at their homes, and of course FC's utilizes Charlie, and before him we had Mike. 

Imma order me a Brad Pitt doll.

I just ordered my Jason Momoa and Chris Hemsworth versions. 

"Not that serious"? Steffy recently told Finn she loves him.

IKR? And told him she wants him in her life and as part of her future. Go figure. 

Wonder if Finn the medical doctor will notice that Thomas is utterly off his rocker?

Well, that would depend on which doctoring school he attended. The one that Bridget went to where they teach you how to Google for answers, or the one that Taylor went to, where you learn about everything from Oncology to Psychiatry. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

I just ordered my Jason Momoa and Chris Hemsworth versions. 

Okay, as long we're all putting it out there, I'm getting one Idris Elba and one Jason Statham. Talk dirty to me in a British accent, fellas!

Well, that would depend on which doctoring school he attended. The one that Bridget went to where they teach you how to Google for answers, or the one that Taylor went to, where you learn about everything from Oncology to Psychiatry. 

I'm starting to wonder if Finn went to medical school at all. Maybe he got his medical license off eBay. 😐

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, as long we're all putting it out there, I'm getting one Idris Elba and one Jason Statham. Talk dirty to me in a British accent, fellas!

Well, now you have gone and done it! Jason Statham caused me to redefine being transported, and Mr. Elba? Good Lord, Last Christmas, the most underrated Christmas movie ever filmed, that contains the best ending scene in moviedom. I could watch those people dancing to Marvin Gaye Everyday. All day. Forever. 

How about a monthly club? We could swap out models with each other.......

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Well, damn. MA is making me feel a little sorry for Thomas. He’s fighting the hallucinations so hard and knows something isn’t right and is scared and in denial. He’s almost certainly getting the Pam/brain tumor redemption arc which will lead to a legit Thomas/Hope/Liam triangle. The fact that Finn is now on the case and voicing his concerns to Steffy means Thomas’s issues will be medically addressable/fixable as opposed to Thomas is just crazy. Could also be a brain injury missed from his fall off the cliff last year.

Speaking of Finn, still don’t buy them as a legit couple but if I ignore their origins...I like Sinn’s vibe. It’s so nice to have Steffy in conversation with someone where she’s breezy and happy and it not be a family member or Liam 😂 Finn immediately voiced his concerns about Thomas and Hope and damn if Steffy’s face immediately morph into ‘Oh not this shit again’. Note if Liam had come to her, she’d have blown him off, but Finn brings it up and Steffy immediately believes him 😂 A bit overkill in Steffy’s complete shift in alliances but it is what it is when a show decides to push an agenda.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Well, now you have gone and done it! Jason Statham caused me to redefine being transported, and Mr. Elba? Good Lord, Last Christmas, the most underrated Christmas movie ever filmed, that contains the best ending scene in moviedom. I could watch those people dancing to Marvin Gaye Everyday. All day. Forever. 

How about a monthly club? We could swap out models with each other.......

That's a great idea!  Swap 'em out!

If we are to believe that Thomas was truly getting help from Taylor for his issues after the previous Hope incident, then why did he not call to check in with Taylor when he first had the impulse to take the Hopequinn home? I mean, we as viewers know that Thomas receiving therapy from his mom was a crock, but you’d think that someone already in therapy would reach out to their resources for help. The Forrester kids need better healthcare and they can obviously afford it. Finn tells Steffy that something is wrong with her brother and her response is, “Yeah he gets that all the time.”

• Love 8

So Thomas is hallucinating, and now we have a Jekyll and Hyde setup.  Is this how they are going to absolve him of Emma's murder?  Because if so, that's a complete load of crap.  She deserves better.  He sure didn't seem like he was suffering from whatever it is he is suffering from now back then.  He was a cold psycho.  He's always been a little psycho, all the way back to his teen years.  It was never some kind of medical condition, it was just bad parenting.  So the fact that they are now apparently going to retcon all his behaviour and attribute it to some kind of mental illness or condition just really really irritates me.

• Love 7

I’ve tried and tried to like the Liberty Bibberty actor but frankly, he’s just not good. I can’t get into his character because he’s so superficial. There’s no there there with him. And please! Trying to resurrect/excuse that sorry excuse for a human being, Thomas?! No way!!!

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Cool Breeze said:

Thomas bumped his head on Pam's desk last week.  That explains why he's talking to Creepy Plastic Hope. 

It all adds up.

We're all going to find out the truth when he gets taken to the hospital after he threatens to blow up Ryan and Erin in the cabin at Nova Scotia. Oh, wait. Wrong show. In any event, if Finn saves Thomas, can he become obsessively bromantic towards him? 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

So did Liam and Hope go over to Steffy's house in separate cars? Not exactly energy-efficient, those two.

Finn, you're gonna learn not to question what Forresters say. They're not always grounded in the same reality as everyone else and they are loath to admit it.

Hopequinn is kinda horny, huh? That could present a big problem for real Hope if Thomas stops being able to distinguish her from the thirsty mannequin.

So the fact that they are now apparently going to retcon all his behaviour and attribute it to some kind of mental illness or condition just really really irritates me.

I doubt it's a retcon. What's going on with Thomas now is seemingly due to when he bumped his head on Pam's desk last week. Though I guess it's possible that little accident jarred a brain tumor he already had. Ehhhhh. 😑

• Useful 4
On 10/29/2020 at 4:03 PM, blackwing said:

Is this how they are going to absolve him of Emma's murder? 

I doubt Bell even cares anymore, to be frankly honest.

At any rate, apart from the six months he was with Sally, Thomas has been a priviledged brat who made young Ridge look like a philanthropist at best. At worst, he's...well, this.

Plus, this is absolutely an insult to those with mental illness, who are often themselves the victims of abuse and gaslighting and often have medical concerns unconnected to mental health dismissed because "they're just crazy." I still have no clue why the hell they did this and threw out all of Thomas's refreshingly honest self-reflection he'd finally gained in PF's last months on the show. They could've set up a damn triangle without any of this nonsense and I would've been 100 percent on board. 

But with this backstory, Hope is gonna look more selfish than even Brooke for going back to a known abuser. And given how Hope came into this world, that is one helluva feat to pull off.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 1