Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Douglas is still the best thing to happen to B&B this year.  The only bright spot in an otherwise drab storyline.  Not to be overlooked, the adorableness of Kelly and Beth.  

Reunited and it feels so good is the theme of the day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

Oh look, more Lope slow motion. Because AN and SC aren’t talented enough to let us know that this is A MOMENT. 

So... was that twisted fairytale retelling of the Phoebeth saga for everyone who tuned out the past eight months and are just tuning back in? Because the rest of us already saw this over and over and over and we’d like a new story now please. Recap was super unnecessary. Just get to the Lope family scenes already.

I refuse to believe that Brooke had the cabin set up, and didn’t also toss Thomas’ crap out on the curb.

Douglas is actually the cutest kid ever. Caroline must have also slept with the bellhop at her hotel that night too because there is no way in hell that child came from either Thomas or Ridge.

• LOL 7
  • Love 10

Heh, Beth was looking around like, "What is this dump? Where's the sun? Where's the ocean?"

Oh so now the cabin has a nursery. Did they convert a closet or something? Well, maybe Grandpa Bill can give them a real house worthy of his second grandchild. (Is Katie's house available or is Donna still living there?)

Hmm, they let Douglas wander the grounds of Brooke's estate alone and in the dark. Oy, he's ripe for a kidnapping.

Douglas is already falling in love with Beth. What? They're only cousins removed a bit. Give them a few years and some SORASing and voila: ♥️♥️♥️♥️💍💍💍💍

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

I refuse to believe that Brooke had the cabin set up, and didn’t also toss Thomas’ crap out on the curb. 

There probably wasn't much of his stuff there. After he and Hope married she moved into his bedroom suite inside the main house. For a whole day.

Maybe FC needs to branch out to kids clothes? 

That's what I think will happen next. Both Hope and Steffy will come up with clothing lines for babies and older kids like Douglas. Then Ridge will get to stick it to Hope again in favor of his precious Steffy. Because Steffy already lost so much to Hope this year! She deserves a break for a change! 😒 (But OMG, can you imagine that little cutie Douglas strutting down the runway in a fashion show?!)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
Just now, Joimiaroxeu said:

There probably wasn't much of his stuff there. After he and Hope married she moved into his bedroom suite inside the main house. For a whole day.

Oh, I meant out of the main house. Spring cleaning is spring cleaning, and Brooke shouldn’t have that shit’s stuff anywhere on her property. Douglas can stay though. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The kid playing Douglas is such a great actor when he told Beth “goodnight” and blew her a little kiss ugh 😩 and baby Beth did a little clapping when Hope said it’s her new home now and family. B&B fucks up so much but their child casting and coaching is A+++. 

I feel like all this happiness is a calm before a storm. They’ll be people acting messy and petty AF soon and an idiotic focus on characters people don’t give a damn about soon. Bradley refuses to not have a triangle of bores or someone talentless front burner inexplicably (Zencole, Xander/Zoe/Emma, or Pam and Charlie). He has an instinct for ineptitude. 

Brooke’s legs looked looong in those high waisted skinny jeans and heels. Beautiful. 

Thomas is on the run Andrew Cunanan style. I fear it will never come out that he roofied Liam. Doing that knowing he’d be alone and flirty w Stef was akin to rape by proxy in my opinion since Liam had sex w her severely drugged and under fraudulent pretenses. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

You mean it's not??? 🤣

I remember when that first happened after Bill showed her the door and everyone assumed it was revenge against being jilted for how quickly that all happened. That Liam was Hope's finance was all the better.

Steffy is a slattern but damn, has there been a man in her life that's ever truly chosen her first? Beside Stephanie Jr. Ridge, that is? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Zoe116 said:

Douglas is actually the cutest kid ever. Caroline must have also slept with the bellhop at her hotel that night too because there is no way in hell that child came from either Thomas or Ridge

I'm screaming in laughter over this line BTW 😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

feel like all this happiness is a calm before a storm. They’ll be people acting messy and petty AF soon and an idiotic focus on characters people don’t give a damn about soon. Bradley refuses to not have a triangle of bores or someone talentless front burner inexplicably (Zencole, Xander/Zoe/Emma, or Pam and Charlie). He has an instinct for ineptitude. 

Given the small cast that's hopefully getting smaller when the Three Stooges depart the show, I have no doubt we're done-done with this.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

Could we see Hope & Liam searching for a new house for them, Beth & Douglas? You know, something light and bright and cheerful? Please?!

Omg ! Such wonderful scenes when they brought Beth home especially when Douglas came over !

But the darkness of that cabin has always taken me out of the scene and now with Beth it’s even worse....

Liam, your next move is to call a realtor asap & get your family out of that cabin of darkness .....you never work, so what else do you have to do ? 🏠🏡🏘

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Steffy is a slattern but damn, has there been a man in her life that's ever truly chosen her first? Beside Stephanie Jr. Ridge, that is? 

Marcus, but Bell ended that almost as soon as it started to pair Steffy with Uncle Rick who was only using her.  However, once Steffy heard the tape, she dumped Rick and never looked back.  Unfortunately, Bell then began the never ending Steffy vs. Hope crap that seems to have gone on for a million years.

• Love 1

The little boy who plays Douglas is MAGIC.  That kiss he blew Beth....😍💓!  Douglas seems to have a thing for Logan women because his chemistry with Brooke was pretty amazing too.  He doesn't seem to care much for Ridge but then again...WHO DOES?

I hope Bell put Brooke, Ridge and US out of our collective misery by ending this relationship.  Ridge looks at Brooke with nothing but judgement and contempt.  She deserves much better than that asshole and his psycho children.

The double standard is in full force on the B&B.  The relief on Liam's face when he found out that Hope didn't fuck Thomas was straight out of the 50s.  The 1850s.  As disgusting as the idea is, Hope and Thomas WERE married.  Hope accepted Liam's latest encounter with the slattern, even though we know that wasn't Liam's choice; it was Thomas'.

I agree with all those who say that Douglas should move in with Hope and Liam.  They would be a lovely little family.

• Love 17

I came here to make the same comment about Liam's reaction to thinking that Hope slept with Thomas. I fully understand Liam's circumstances, but c'mon.  I honestly believe that if nothing had changed and things had continued along with Liam living with Hauxdi, that they would have eventually done the deed -- consensually. You know? Who can resist "cha-cha-cha?" /eyeroll.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
44 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

I came here to make the same comment about Liam's reaction to thinking that Hope slept with Thomas. I fully understand Liam's circumstances, but c'mon.  I honestly believe that if nothing had changed and things had continued along with Liam living with Hauxdi, that they would have eventually done the deed -- consensually. You know? Who can resist "cha-cha-cha?" /eyeroll.

He did have sex with Steffy, drugged, but it still happened.  So for him to cast a scowling eye toward Hope, who married Thomas? Yeah, not so much.

I do get it and this is all about Liam and Hope to be back together.  I just wish they hadn't played that scene, because if I was Hope, I might have said, it didn't take you long to tap that!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Petunia13 said:

Thomas is on the run Andrew Cunanan style. I fear it will never come out that he roofied Liam. 

I did chortle that the hotel found Hope’s phone and sent a messenger with it to FC, but that packet of drugs that Thomas stuck in a drawer wasn’t mentioned. Me thinks those high end hotels have seen it all and know how to be discreet when it comes to the things they find left behind at hotels by the rich and famous.

I’ve got no problem with Liam being relieved that Hope didn’t do the nasty with Thomas. Rather than it be about possession issues I lean towards it being that Liam - or really anyone- wouldn’t want someone he loved in a vulnerable state to have been been so intimately violated under false pretenses by a creep like Thomas. Okay, and yes, there’s no need to worry about an unexpected Thomas spawn pregnancy to complicate things.

Hope lost her mind when Liam confessed to his drugged night with Steffy.  She didn’t accept it as much as let the words leave her stunned to the point she’s was ripe to being open to accept Thomas’s proposal because if Liam had ‘moved on’ then she should too- which was exactly Thomas’s intention. 

2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wyatt, maybe? Bill during Still Night Standgate until the story had him cool it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, jenrising said:

She would have if she could even remember Kelly's name. "No! Take the other one... what's her name? The first one who only naps and goes to the doctor. Take that one!"

When Steffy was doing her “poor me” routine, she wailed that she had given Phoebe “every ounce of my love and affection.” I was like “ouch, poor Kelly. Sucks to be you.” 😆

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I did chortle that the hotel found Hope’s phone and sent a messenger with it to FC, but that packet of drugs that Thomas stuck in a drawer wasn’t mentioned. Me thinks those high end hotels have seen it all and know how to be discreet when it comes to the things they find left behind at hotels by the rich and famous.

Exactly, and high end or low end hotels never ever contact you about things you have left behind.  I know, because I travelled a lot, and left behind shoes, coats, chargers, whatever.  You can contact them and then they will send it to you.  But if you leave it, it remains in lost and found.

This was explained to me that people want discretion when they are in a hotel, so the hotel never contacts you.  This clearly dates back to the "Mad Men" era.  But it does make sense.

• Love 6

What's really annoying me about this SL is how easy it's been.  I don't mean overall.  It was boring torture for months, but now all the dominoes fall at once.

Hope got about two seconds of agency when she locked that office door, and told herself she didn't have to go with Thomas, but then Liam showed up, and took over from there.  The fight with Thomas and Liam was pretty lame.

So far, no one is in jail.  Are the trio of twits still waiting in the FC office for Ridge and Brooke to return with their licenses?  If they are, that really underscores how dumb they are.

Up to this point, the most consequences Thomas has faced is Ridge calling him telling him he has to face what he's done.

Also, what was that nonsense about calling the police could cause a scandal for FC?  That ship sailed decades ago.

Liam did get to call Flo out on her BS a little, but it's nothing compared to all those useless scenes of the worthless baby stealers whining about how hard this has been for them.

At the very least, Steffy, Liam, and Hope ought to get to visit the morons when they are in jail, and tell them off.

They should have had a DNA test done on Phoebe/Beth.  Then have the DA make a deal with the felons in order to get them to testify about everything that happened with Phoebe/Beth and how she was stolen and sold.  However, once the judge hears the entire SL, he invalidates the deal the DA made, and sends them to prison for years.

When is Bill going to finally get involved in this SL?  He wouldn't be wasting his time making phone calls.  He would track down Dr. Reese and Thomas himself.

• Love 4

It’d be realistic if Liam had some PTSD about Hope’s post-Catalina behavior.  They should not insta-couple Lope.  Liam and Hope can co-parent, quite amicably, just as Liam and Steffy did.  But he should be reluctant to fully re-engage with Hope for fear she will take the easy way out again and leave the relationship, emotionally, physically, or both.  Up to this point, as has been noted, this SL has been largely about Hope.  Liam’s equal grief was given fairly short shrift.  Liam learning to trust Hope again would be a decent, interesting and authentic SL.

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Wyatt. to be honest, I actually could tolerate Steffy with him and they seemed fun (boy Wyatt bring out the best in his women..... it seems their acting gets a bit better with him).

I am gonna regret asking this, do you think Steffy will move on from Liam and set her sites back on Wyatt???  then we will get Steffy vs Sally the next generation and Quinn will have another reason to go at Sally :(  this would make me sad, but with as much as this show likes to ruin nice things, I could see this happening.

• Love 3

Thanks to everyone for the condolences and the kind words; it has certainly been a painful and challenging few months. However, after reading comments here, and getting a better understanding of what has been happening on Show, I wonder who actually has suffered more. Me, or my fellow posters, who had the stamina and where-with-all to withstand months of repetitive dialog, something B&B excels at, and Thomas drugging Liam as he simultaneously manipulated his grieving son and a grieving Hope, then throw in the endless scenes of that Traitorous Trio of Twats bemoaning how horrible they feel about it all? Well, you guys have my deepest condolences and I give you serious props. 

I am declaring first dibs on adopting Douglas. I sent in my application last night. That young boy is so good and so cute. I completely appreciate the way he handled those scenes yesterday. It could have been too cutesy, or too dramatic, or too sappy, but our little man got it just right. And his chemistry with that little baby playing Beth is remarkable. The kiss blowing scene and Beth's reaction to it should be submitted for an Emmy. 

I won't be holding Brooke's feet to the fire for being over the top happy. Being overjoyed to learn that her daughter's daughter is not dead, and that she will get to be a grandmother again is pretty big and joyous news. And being happy for Hope, Beth and herself in no way means she doesn't feel sympathy for Steffy. But of the two women, Hope is the one who has suffered the most. Steffy will adjust. She still has her natural daughter, and Beth will always be a part of her life. 

I also won't be holding Brooke's feet to the fire for ripping on Thomas. For fuck's sake, someone needs to. These mollycoddled Marone kids have always had free reign to run amok over other people and their lives, and Taylor and Ridge have always green lighted their abhorrent behavior. I mean seriously, right after finding out what Thomas did to Hope, and with full knowledge of Misunderstanding Night, Ridge actually had the temerity to declare Thomas "a good kid". The fucking hell he is. Thomas is warped. He needs help, and has ever since he started sniffing around his stepmom looking for sugar cookies. 

This SL fallout needs an injection of Bill Spencer post haste. Bill wouldn't be playing around with phone calls. Bill would have Justin doing his dirtiest work to track down Dr. Dark and he would have that TTofT's for lunch. Who knows, maybe this will be what sets him up with Steffy for real? I think I could get behind that. Not only would it put an end to Boring Batie 3.0, but it would pull Ridges knickers so tight he might actually be present in his scenes. 

I like the cabin, but then I am a woodsy, animal, fireplace type of chick. All the same, I would like the Spencer family to move. The cabin has too many dark and painful memories. They need to start fresh in a fresh place. 

Oh Sally. It won't get you anything but another broken heart. 

The hitman finally returned my call. Well actually he texted me.....🖕😛...how childish of him!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

I like the cabin, but then I am a woodsy, animal, fireplace type of chick. All the same, I would like the Spencer family to move. The cabin has too many dark and painful memories. They need to start fresh in a fresh place. 

The only places I can think of would be Thomas/Ridge's old spiral staircase loft (which is a no), Maya and Rick's bathtub in the center of the living room apartment (another no), Wyatt moving out of the beach house to let them have it (possible). It'd be nice if they gave them something akin to Katie's new house. That could be possible if she and Will move back in with Bill upon marriage #3.

I get why Liam gave up Cliff House but damn it's a beautiful property and set and I hate Steffy got awarded it. She could've bought her own place.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

I am declaring first dibs on adopting Douglas. I sent in my application last night. That young boy is so good and so cute. I completely appreciate the way he handled those scenes yesterday. It could have been too cutesy, or too dramatic, or too sappy, but our little man got it just right. And his chemistry with that little baby playing Beth is remarkable. The kiss blowing scene and Beth's reaction to it should be submitted for an Emmy. 

This SL fallout needs an injection of Bill Spencer post haste. Bill wouldn't be playing around with phone calls. Bill would have Justin doing his dirtiest work to track down Dr. Dark and he would have that TTofT's for lunch. Who knows, maybe this will be what sets him up with Steffy for real? I think I could get behind that. Not only would it put an end to Boring Batie 3.0, but it would pull Ridges knickers so tight he might actually be present in his scenes. 

Don't call Carter, he may not have his law license in a few weeks, if there's any realism to this show. Yes, I actually typed that. 

Seriously, I can't believe they did a story this big, which directly affects $Bill & Justin, & completely left them out. DD is the best of the best on this show. He brings it every day, he doesn't phone it in, he's funny, he's charming, & I'll just say it, he's smoking hot. Justin really should've been in on cracking the case, as he lost his niece due to this BS storyline. Plus, I'm still holding firm that he should hook up with Sally, they make sense & would actually have fun. He has that twinkle in his eye, & they'd just work, I think. I love Douglas, & I hope they keep that kid, but I still think Justin & Bill should've been in on the reveal. I can't wait for them to find out, I hope we get to see their reactions, not just $Bill coming over to meet Beth.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, AngelKitty said:
6 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

She could've bought her own place.

She did buy it from Bill.

And wasn't that a "secret" Steffy kept from Liam? 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

And wasn't that a "secret" Steffy kept from Liam? 

Not sure about that but she had gone to Bill's office and Bill made Justin make the office look like they had been messing around and arranged for Wyatt to see so he would get the wrong idea and go tell Liam.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I get why Liam gave up Cliff House but damn it's a beautiful property and set and I hate Steffy got awarded it. She could've bought her own place.

Steffy will for sure stay there now. It's the only place that Phoebe & the other one have ever known. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Don't call Carter, he may not have his law license in a few weeks, if there's any realism to this show. Yes, I actually typed that. 

Seriously, I can't believe they did a story this big, which directly affects $Bill & Justin, & completely left them out. DD is the best of the best on this show. He brings it every day, he doesn't phone it in, he's funny, he's charming, & I'll just say it, he's smoking hot. Justin really should've been in on cracking the case, as he lost his niece due to this BS storyline. Plus, I'm still holding firm that he should hook up with Sally, they make sense & would actually have fun. He has that twinkle in his eye, & they'd just work, I think. I love Douglas, & I hope they keep that kid, but I still think Justin & Bill should've been in on the reveal. I can't wait for them to find out, I hope we get to see their reactions, not just $Bill coming over to meet Beth.

It's a lowdown, dirty SHAME that $Bill and Justin have been kept out of this story line.  Liam should have hotfooted it over to Spencer Publications the second his spidey senses started tingling.  And if he's worried about Thomas showing up again, he should get his father and Justin on the case.  They'd have both Thomas AND Dr. Shady on lockdown with a quickness.  The taxpayers of California wouldn't have to pay a penny to have justice served in this case.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Geez, is Brooke ever going to hold her granddaughter?

20 minutes ago, lgprimes said:

Does it bug anybody else how different the two Beths look? I find myself feeling sad when my preferred baby isn’t on. It’s distracting!

LOL first world problems to the nth degree 

Same here. And I feel guilty about it! 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, nkotb said:

Not on your life! 

In the end though Carters' actions, or maybe his non-actions, won't matter. Just like Taylor and her habit of breaking her oath, but manages to keep on doctoring; Carter will just keep on lawyering. 

Taylor and Carter; the two jacks of all trades and professionals of nothing. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

Bell really doesn't take crime seriously.  Thomas is a rapist and a killer.  He did his best to sexually assault Hope and was a co-conspirator in a human-trafficking case.  Yet he's at Vinnie's (the drug dealer) place, whining about his father as if he only wrecked Daddy's car.  And he seems to think that Hope should overlook his conspiring to keep her child away from her because he LOVES HER SO MUCH.  Thomas is truly Taylor's child.

Has ANYBODY called the police yet?  I know Ridge called Scotland Yard or Interpol but has anyone called LAPD to arrest the local criminals?  It's bullshit. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, lgprimes said:

Does it bug anybody else how different the two Beths look? I find myself feeling sad when my preferred baby isn’t on. It’s distracting!

LOL first world problems to the nth degree 

Yeah, I miss little round headed Beth, especially when she says dada!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Ew!!! Thomas, put your damn shirt on!!! I hope when he tries to kidnap Hope and Beth, Liam intervenes, beats the crap out of him, throws him off of a cliff and then holds him until the cops arrive. Whew. That felt so good that I might need a cigarette.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

That was a nice little clambake at Brooke's house.  All the aunties were there to coo over Beth.  And Douglas was brought out to charm everyone in the room.

Fuck Quinn.  Even she loves Flo to pieces, she could have the decency NOT to defend her in a room full of Flo's victims.  She obviously hasn't spoken to Wyatt, or she would know that he's already put Flo's stuff on the front porch.  It looks like Quinn and Eric's marriage is rock-solid.  He barely noticed when she left Brooke's house.  He was too busy staring at Donna's tig bitties.

It says a lot about Hauxdilox that no-one member in her family is bothered enough to check in on her.  Her 'daughter' was taken out of her arms and her own grandfather is at Brooke's house celebrating with Hope.  The excuse is she wants to be alone but who would leave someone who has suffered such a loss alone?  Father of the year Ridge doesn't care enough about either one of his kids to pass up the party and go see about them.

Hope is clearly the most popular of the two women.  When Hope was mourning, all of LA county grieved with her.  And now that she's celebrating, most of her family (at least the ones in the cast) show up.  Bridgite has even come back for a couple of her weddings.  Whenever Hauxdi gets married, she doesn't even get a text message from her aunt and uncle.  I get why Thorne doesn't call but she hasn't killed any of Felicia's kids.

And where is Taylor?  We've heard that she's in DEEPEST DARKEST Africa but last time I checked, there's phone service in Africa.  They even have COMPUTERS!!!!!  Bell probably gets his idea of Africa from Tarzan movies. 

There's no reason that Hauxdi's mother isn't there for her daughter other than the fact that Taylor is a hateful, psycho bitch who KNOWS that the adoption was shady as fuck and has decided to stay as far away as possible.  The very second INTERPOL catches up with Dr. Shady, he's going to mention that Taylor wanted the first available infant she could get her claws on because she was desperate to get back at the Logans.  That's going to blow the 'sister for Kelly' theory right out of the water.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

Douglas has been the MVP of the Beth reveal storyline and was the highlight of yesterday's show.

We open at Brooke's house where she reveals that she had a nursery set up in the guest room, having kept all of Beth's things in storage. It's nice that they kept those things so Beth can use them (obviously not most of the baby clothes since I'm sure those were newborn size).

Ridge commented that Hope and Liam would appreciate that.

Brooke: "Not as much as I appreciate what Steffy did for them. It took incredible strength to let Hope and Liam leave with Beth." 

Ridge frowns: "I should have stayed with Steffy."

Brooke: "She didn't want you to."

He shrugs at that, thinking there was no reason to doubt Flo's story...and it's kind of an odd line as it's not clear which story he's referring to - the lie of all lies or the truth?

Brooke: "What happened was unimaginable, but I'm happy that Beth is alive and coming home." And again, she has EVERY right to her feelings. Find me a mother and grandmother who wouldn't feel and respond the same way and I'll unmask the Grinch who stole Christmas before he heard the Whos singing on Christmas morning.

Brooke shares that she's happy for Hope and Liam and wistfully wishes she could see their faces when they walked into the cabin with Beth for the first time.

Ridge: "I thought you would go see them."

Brooke: "I want to give them some time alone with their little girl."

Talk turns to Thomas and Ridge still hasn't heard from him. Color me shocked. Just kidding. Ridge tries his cell again and leaves yet another voicemail, telling Thomas he can't just disappear. Yeah, he can and clearly has, although he's probably holed up with his good pal Vinnie. 

Ridge adds: "I'll meet you anywhere you want. But you have responsibilities here and need to pay for what you've done." Yeah, that'll get him returning the call and/or coming home.

Ridge hangs up and Brooke asks what they should tell Douglas.

Ridge: "I don't know."

Brooke knows though and says: "We'll look after Douglas."

Ridge, ever the Thomas apologist, responds: "I encourage Hope and Thomas' relationship because I believed she would give Douglas some needed stability." Um, that's not a good enough reason to get married, Ridge.

Douglas' friend's mom (Camille) arrives at the house with him. Ridge actually takes a moment to apologize for the change in plans.

Camille takes it in stride and who wouldn't with such an adorable little boy to look after, saying Douglas and Ethan (her son) had had a good time.

Douglas, who is as adorable as ever, pipes up that they made brownies. Brooke is very sweet as she tells him he would have to teach her the recipe and Douglas grins at that.

Ridge walks Camille out.

Douglas: "Is my daddy here?" Awww.

Ridge: "No, he's not."

Douglas: "He's mad at me." That's just heart-breaking.

Ridge offers: "We'll sort this out."

Douglas: "I told a secret when my daddy told me not to,"

Brooke, very gently: "We know."

Douglas looks so little and scared here: "Are you mad at me, too?"

Brooke quickly reassures him: "Of course not."

Brooke-updates-Douglas-BB-CBS.jpg?w=300&

Douglas relaxes at that and Henri is just such an amazing little actor. Heck, actor of ANY age, as he shares that "I told Hope, but she didn't believe."

Brooke: "She believes you now."

His eyes wide, Douglas says: "Hope knows Beth is alive?"

Brooke confirms that she does and adds, softly touching his nose, "And it was all thanks to you." Douglas smiles and it's so nice to see him happy.

EB4_MvSW4AEavN3.jpg

EB4_MvRW4AArWZx.jpg

Douglas: "So it's not a secret anymore?"

Brooke: "Nope. Because of YOU."

Douglas confides: "I had to tell the secret, even though my daddy was mean and said not to."

Ridge, who has been silent through this exchange finally opens his yap: "I'm sorry that your dad got upset with you."

Douglas: "My mommy taught me not to lie. Lying hurts people." Indeed.

Ridge, thinking of his former wife, and best pairing on the show since TK over the role, remarks: "You're kind and strong just like your mom. But I don't think he meant to hurt Hope." Yeah, okay, Ridge.

Douglas: "He knew she was sad. He said we should help."

Brooke: "Well, you definitely helped. Beth is home at the cabin with her mommy and daddy right now, where she belongs."

EB5BJ3aX4AAMRXp.jpg

At Douglas' astonished look, Brooke confirms that it was all due to him and NO ONE would ever forget what he had done.

EB5BJ3RWkAYpZ7P.jpg

And it cannot be overstated enough that Douglas had the strength and decency and courage (even in the face of his mean, threatening father) to do in less than a day what several adults balked at for months.

Douglas just beams and I kind of want to arm-wrestle @RuntheTable for him.

Later, with Douglas out of the room, Ridge is ranting about no leads on Dr. Buckingham.

After he hands up, he actually apologizes to Brooke. But does he mean it?

She concedes that he was just trying to support Thomas.

Ridge, in a way that surprises me, yet not, considering Steffy has always been his favorite, says "I shouldn't have been supportive because Thomas is the same. He uses people He manipulates people. You tried to tell me, but I didn't listen."

Brooke throws him not just a bone but the whole freaking cow when she says: "It's okay because Thomas and Reese didn't succeed and Beth being home with Hope and Liam is something to celebrate." 

Over at the cabin, Hope and Liam walk in with Beth in Hope's arms and just smile at each other. And you are very cute, understudy Beth, but I wish it was the real Beth because she is just such the little actress already.

Hope: "This is where you'll live and be nurtured and loved by your mommy and daddy." The cabin is nice, but I agree they need to move when she's a little older.

They give their daughter a tour and Liam is amazed at what Brooke was able to do so quickly. Considering they all left at the same time, me, too. Or did she call and get things in motion before she went over to the cliff house? 

Hope teases that Brooke would probably love to put her granddaughter to bed but said that was her job and she wasn't giving that up to anyone, except Liam, of course.

Liam: "We'll do it together."  She leans to kiss her daughter. He comments on how comfortable Beth is with Hope. Well, she took to Hope from the very beginning.

Hope-Liam-kiss-Beth-BB-CBS.jpg?w=1230

We then see a recap and flashback to the very beginning when Hope revealed her pregnancy to Liam during last year's 4th of July. I though the recap/flashbacks were very fitting and it's not as if it took up more than a few minutes of the episode. Not to mention that for the very first time, they can look back and not feel that sharp, agonizing pain they did only a day ago. 

Hope: "All the pain is behind us and we have our miracle in our arms." Liam takes Beth as they sit down on the sofa.

Later, they watch her playing in her playpen.

Hope: "I wish I could freeze time."

Liam teases: "I'm sure people would understand if we lock our doors and shut off our phones."

Hope, finding the idea very tempting, ultimately decides she wants to share their joy with everyone. "I also need to tell Douglas how grateful I am."

Liam: "I think there'll be plenty of time for that...and everything else."

Hope looks at Liam, sensing his mixed emotions, guessing, correctly that he is worried about Steffy and Kelly."

Liam: "I am, but I'm also thinking about Thomas." He notes Hope's grimace and apologizes for talking about him right now.

Hope interjects: "I'm the sorry one."

Liam: "I wasn't about to let him kidnap you." Because, yep, he totally was gunning for that.

Hope: "He was frantic after Douglas' call, ordering me to get dressed so we could go."

Liam immediately catches that and it's his turn to wince: "Get dressed, huh?"

EB4_1lTWkAAeVIN.jpg

He tries to cover his concern, chalking it up to them being on a honeymoon, but Hope is quick to reassure him that it wasn't at all what he was thinking and that while she knew what Thomas wanted, she couldn't do it.

Hope: "Even with his wedding ring on my finger, I still loved you."

EB4_fKyXYAEPAcm.jpg

And see, I'm with those who posted that they had zero issue with this discussion. Considering how psycho Thomas is, of course, it would come up. This was not a love match or a marriage made in heaven by any stretch of anyone but Thomas' imagination, but rather, one that happened because an obsessed man took advantage of a mentally fragile woman, with a big assist from two lying sacks of crap. Additionally, this shows how far Lope have come where they can have these kinds of discussions and talk things through and not have it become this huge deal or, worse, keep things under wraps only for it to blow up in their faces spectacularly later.

I saw nothing antiquated or sexist whatsoever in their quick conversation. 

Liam kisses her forehead, clearly relieved.

EB5AIApXkAAasbR.jpg

Hope smiles, but then frowns as she looks down at her hand and yanks off Thomas' ring.

EB5Aa9BXYAE_COc.jpg

EB5Aa9LWkAAOwDA.jpg

My sentiments, exactly, Hope.

Hope: "I thought then that ending our marriage was best for the children, but I never, ever stopped loving you."

Later, they're playing on the floor with Beth and Hope says, "Thanks to Douglas, we know why I felt like a mother all that time."

EB5F1KYWkAEnDth.jpg

She is clearly concerned about him as she wonders where this leaves him with Caroline dead and Thomas AWOL. 

Hope: "He's a victim, too." Absolutely. More collateral damage.

They freeze as they hear a knock on the door and we hear the creepy Thomas theme and, of course, we're being punked because it's Douglas

EB5B_bIWsAAPY8u.jpg

EB5B_bKWsAAGIu0.jpg

But seriously, lock your doors and windows, guys.

Douglas comes in and says "Brooke said you wouldn't mind."

Hope's joy at seeing him is written all over her face: "Look at how you brought our baby back."

EB5DuC1W4AELWhJ.jpg

Douglas: "Why are you crying if you're happy?"

Hope smiles at this: "It's because my heart is so full."

EB4sukYXYAAWNRB.png

With love for her daughter and the little boy she looks at as a son.

Hope: "I'm sorry I didn't believe you at first and I should have known that you would never lie. You were the only one who cared enough to tell me the truth." A-freaking-men to that! She adds: "I know it was very hard for you to go against your daddy."

Douglas: "He said I was wrong, but I heard him say Phoebe was Beth." He breaks my heart again as he asks: ""Why did he lie? You're so nice. You wanted to take care of me." Oh that poor, sweet kid.

Hope: "I still do. We will always look after you." She reassures him that the bad things were behind them and they were together as a family because of him.

She scoops him up in her arms and holds him so tightly.

EB8LpjGW4AEy1yp.jpg

How anyone can say Hope couldn't care less about him now that she has Beth back is beyond me.

And look how Liam is looking at both of them.

EB5D8KdX4AYvNuY.png

Hope: "You are the bravest boy I've ever met and Beth is lucky to have you looking out for her. You know the difference between right and wrong." At five years' old, he has such an amazing moral compass. Can't say that for too many of the B&B adults.

Douglas, wiser than his years and for good reason, says simply: "It's not hard. Just be nice. Don't lie or keep secrets."

They smile at this with Liam saying, "it's good advice."

Douglas: "My daddy didn't think so." Well, he's nuts, Thomas. But how do you explain that to a kid?

Liam: "Did you try to tell your dad that when you called him when he was at the hotel?"

Douglas shakes his head: "He said no one would believe me, but I told him that Liam believed me and would make you (he looks at Hope here) believe it, too."

Hope says how important his phone call was - in more ways than one.

Brooke shows up to get Douglas and get him ready for bed and her face and her heart just melt when she sees her daughter with her granddaughter and she can't resist touching her.

EB5FNnTW4AAGdcd.jpg

I love how she plops right down on the floor with them.

EB5FaxdW4AMc73s.jpg

How could it not?

Liam thanks her for the groceries and getting the house all ready for Beth's homecoming.

Hope smiles: "We've just been thanking Douglas for all he's done."

Brooke, to Douglas, leans down, her eyes warm: "I'm so proud of  you."

Hope: "I love you." 

Douglas: "I love you, too, Hope." 

EB5FgzYXYAM6uS6.png

tenor.gif

He adds: "I'm glad Beth is home" and OMG you guys, he blows her a kiss and look at her little face:

EB5FgzUXUAAa6HF.jpg

tenor.gif

On that happy tears inducing note, he leaves the cabin with Brooke. 

Hope watches them go, reflecting that "Thomas wanted him to lie."

Liam's face turns dark for a moment: "I doubt there's a line for Thomas." In a nutshell, emphasis on nut.

Hope's face is a little bit sad as she, having time to process, thinks about all the firsts they'd lost with Beth and this will be something they'll struggle with for some time and finally being reunited with Beth will never undo that.

But always a glass half-full gal, she shrugs it off, saying "There's so much more I have to be excited about. I'll kiss every skinned knee, read her stories, and sing her to sleep." 

EB5GoGPXkAUK8MW.jpg

On that note, Liam decides it's time for Beth's first bedtime in her new home.

Hope sits in the rocker with Hope and retrieves the sonogram photograph from her purse. The baby adorably grabs at it.

EB5GNPbXoAALm6P.jpg

Hope: "I carried this around for months. I couldn't let go of the memory. This was all I had of you." She turns the much-worn picture over on top of her purse and I had the thought that now she can finally put this picture in a baby book. She adds: "You're here, in my arms and in our home. You're part of our lives and our future."

I just love how they look at each other, more in love than ever before.

EB5GiYgX4AAFVKA.jpg

EB5GiYhXUAEn0-u.jpg

EB5GsRuWwAU1_I4.png

Liam moves to join them on the rocker and embraces his family, at long last home.

EB5G5CKXsAAoUHC.png

• Love 15

FFS, lay off the steroids, Thomas. Or get on them and then try to lay off them so a stupid redemption arc can be created out of thin air for you. (And how much do I dislike his old timey telephone sound ringtone? thismuch)

Quinn. Loved your shoes but hon, learn to read a room better. None of the Logans or Forresters are here for defending Flo and Shauna. (Probably none of the Spencers, Barbers, or Avants are here for it either.) Obviously you don't know those two greedy opportunists as well as you think.

That's right, Tom. Your own kid ratted you out! A five-year old has better morals than you! And BTWs, it's "for better or worse" not "for better or THE WORST!"

Too bad B&B couldn't afford to play a few notes of that Billie Eilish song, Bad Guy. 🙄

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

Ew!!! Thomas, put your damn shirt on!!!

I thought it was just me.  I know he jacked himself for the part, but I think he looks disgusting.  Maybe it has more to do with his character but I just don't like looking at bare chested Thomas.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I thought it was just me.  I know he jacked himself for the part, but I think he looks disgusting.  Maybe it has more to do with his character but I just don't like looking at bare chested Thomas.

He had his shirt off? I thought he was wearing a wife beater t shirt. I guess I missed the part where he took it off. That said, he really looks jacked up since I last saw him. I guess he’s a method actor.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

He had his shirt off? I thought he was wearing a wife beater t shirt. I guess I missed the part where he took it off. That said, he really looks jacked up since I last saw him. I guess he’s a method actor.

Today he had on a wife beater, but I meant other times when he's  walked around bare chested.  

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Still no sign of DD. He’s Liam’s father, right? 

WHO now??  😉

I hope he shows up soon with his awesome righteous $Bill anger.

10 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I thought it was just me.  I know he jacked himself for the part, but I think he looks disgusting.  Maybe it has more to do with his character but I just don't like looking at wife beater shirted Thomas.

Yeah, he is pretty revolting. 🙁

(ETA changed bare to wife beater shirted)

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

FFS, lay off the steroids, Thomas. Or get on them and then try to lay off them so a stupid redemption arc can be created out of thin air for you.

Probably why he's walking around shirtless all the time, they're setting it up I bet.

2 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I get why Thorne doesn't call but she hasn't killed any of Felicia's kids yet.

Fixed that for you 🙂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2