Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

if Brooke dares to defy him and not only forgive Bill, but take up with him again.

You know, the looks on their faces if this happens will be well worth the price of admission. No doubt, Katie would whip out her box of Lemonheads, and start snarling at Brooke about "everything Bill put her through", and that "Bill is capable of anything". All the while keeping a good hold on Ridge's choke collar, and patting him on the head like a good boy, because the fact that Ridge did a whole lot worse to Bill is irrelevant. A Spencer life? Or Ridge?

In any event, I wish they would move the story along now. I want Brooke and Bill back together pronto, because Deacon is getting a little too close for comfort.

• Love 3

Why isn't anyone blaming Hope for this fiasco?

Wyatt's manipulative, Wyatt used the diamond to get her, blah blah blah. Hope could have used her big girl words and said "NO".

Someone should point out that Hope must not have loved Liam very much if she was ready, willing, and able to marry his brother immediately.

• Love 16

Then there was that interaction at Liam's house, probably the first real conversation these two have ever had, where Hope called him out on his misplaced anger, telling him he was actually disappointed in her. Hope was telling Liam that Wyatt's actions and motives don't matter, because she was committed to him, and wanted to marry him. That should have been enough for Liam, but he still wasn't able to trust in Hope. No trust equals no relationship.

That actually was a mature conversation between Hope and Liam.  But Liam was 100% right.  Wyatt was using the diamond to manipulate Hope and the personal reasons for giving it to her far outweighed any business purpose.  Wyatt had made a purely romantic promise to give the diamond to Hope and he was following through on that promise.  And Hope knew it.  She tried to hide her feelings about accepting it, again claiming it was for "the line".  But she knew, and Liam knew, that was complete horseshit.  Remember, when Wyatt first gave her the diamond, she accepted it very quickly, with minimal reservation.  In her conversation with Liam, she made her acceptance of the diamond all about "trust" but, surprise, surprise, Liam was right not to trust her.  

• Love 7

This Liam wandering the streets of Paris remembering his pathetic history with Dope is nauseating. He should be laid up with Steffy or Ivy Forrester in a French lair drinking Absinthe or Chartreuse and champagne.

Have also been meaning to say for ages: how fucking stupid is it that Wyatt is carrying that damn diamond around in his pocket like it's a bloody rabbit's foot. What happened to all of the massive security it needed before? So dumb. I'm killing braincells on this crap, too! OMG!

• Love 7

Why isn't anyone blaming Hope for this fiasco?Wyatt's manipulative, Wyatt used the diamond to get her, blah blah blah. Hope could have used her big girl words and said "NO".Someone should point out that Hope must not have loved Liam very much if she was ready, willing, and able to marry his brother immediately.

Exactly! Liam should be mad at her and move on.

• Love 6

No doubt, Katie would whip out her box of Lemonheads, and start snarling at Brooke about "everything Bill put her through", and that "Bill is capable of anything".

Like Katie cares fuck all what Bill did to Brooke (unless that was meant about the things Bill did to Katie, which self centeted as she is, would work too).

Which reminds me, where is the romance on this show anymore? B&B at its worst was alway better than other shows for having couples that at a minimum aren't entirely nasty to each other during their off time from one another, but together had actual love for each other. Now you've got Kridge's mutual revengionship, Hope and Liam who have all the trust of a Nigerian prince chain email and Maya and whoever she's stalking this week. Yawn.

• Love 5

Like Katie cares fuck all what Bill did to Brooke (unless that was meant about the things Bill did to Katie, which self centeted as she is, would work too).

I meant what Bill had put Katie through. She loves to tell those stories to whoever will listen. No matter she stayed married to the man.

• Love 3

Word to all. When I was watching yesterday, I thought for a moment that Hope was back on drugs again. She acted like she was in some sort of a trance because she just stood there and stared at Wyatt and either nodded or did not verbally respond.

I highly doubt that the so-called marriage is going to be deemed legal. They didn't really exchange "I dos." BnB doesn't have a very stellar track record with marriages performed off-shore. Look at Brooke's and Grant Chambers' attempt.

ITA on the complete lack of security surrounding the diamond. It's going to get scratched up and diminished in value being carried around in pockets and backpacks. I have to wonder if it survived the plunge into the sea. Wasn't Wyatt just holding it in his hand?

I disliked Hope's dress. I have never been a fan of those "mullet-cut" skirts. Ugh.

• Love 2
Have also been meaning to say for ages: how fucking stupid is it that Wyatt is carrying that damn diamond around in his pocket like it's a bloody rabbit's foot. What happened to all of the massive security it needed before?

Wonder if that's going to be the next blowup: it will be discovered that the gem is fake. Hope will decide that means her and Wyatt's marriage was built on a lie and therefore she must return to Liam!

Someone should point out that Hope must not have loved Liam very much if she was ready, willing, and able to marry his brother immediately.

I hope the same someone points out that it's pretty much the parallel situation of when Liam married Steffy the day after Hope returned her engagement ring. I think if you look up the word "flighty" in Webster's, it'll show both Hope and Liam's photos as examples.

• Love 3

Hope took it off and handed it to the captain right before they took their leap of faith *barf*

I hope the captain thought it was as fake as it looks and just laid it on a table where it got stolen.

Well, Deacon has already put two and two together re: Quinn and the Montemajor (sp?) murder.

• Love 4

I liked the hints Mr Montemayor dropped in the video:

"I'm under her control"

"The mother of all diamonds"

"It is yours"

Is it too much to ask that the 2 idiots who carry the priceless diamond in their pocket and purse get the arsenic poisoning from careless handling the detective mentioned? 

I'm beginning to suspect that whoever is playing the waffle role in a triangle on this show is directed to stand still with a drugged out look on their face.

Who came up with the formula; Triangle = 2 points and 1 waffle ?

I've already had enough of The Liam Of Infinite Sadness.

After hearing Charlie's comment about how the magic diamond always wins, Liam's only chance now is to steal the diamond and destroy it in the fires of Mount Doom where it was forged.

• Love 7

In a show full of corny stupid things, IMO the "leap of faith" topped them all.  Call it what you want, but I know I'd jump overboard after realizing I married that smarmy jackass.

• Love 6

Well Liam, you know what they say about karma. I would suspect Hope was feeling this way, and saying things like, "I can't believe that ring was on my finger five minutes ago, and now it is on Steffy's, and they are married", after botched wedding attempt number one, two, or three....shit, who counts these things anymore? I will give Liam props for owning his responsibility in this mess, but I am sure if faced with the same situation again, he would make the same decisions again, because Liam and Hope never learn a thing from their experiences.

And really, all it took was a little peck on the cheek from Ivy, and Liam was all smiles again and "Hope who"?

That Mexican policeman nailed it with his "Mr. Fooler", and he was kinda hot to boot.

• Love 4

I think Hope really wanted to marry Wyatt. I think she regretted choosing Liam and that she only did so to spite Quinn. She seems so much more into Wyatt in a way she hasn't been into Liam since the deflowering disaster. Well not really a disaster but she was sort of, meh, about sex with Liam. Wyatt seems to rev that motor. I don't doubt that she loves Liam but I think it is a childish, unrealistic love. I don't think she loves Wyatt so much as has the hots for him, No, I can't imagine why anyone should be hot for him but it's what I see. YMMV

Agreed. I think her entire thing with Liam, by this point, was being caught up in the "we were supposed to be together, if only everyone hadn't interfered!  We're starcrossed lovers!" thing, and she forgot to check in with herself and see if she really did want to marry him still. 

Have also been meaning to say for ages: how fucking stupid is it that Wyatt is carrying that damn diamond around in his pocket like it's a bloody rabbit's foot. What happened to all of the massive security it needed before? So dumb. I'm killing braincells on this crap, too! OMG!

I think the difference is that, before, they were borrowing the diamond, so extra security was part of the bargain, to make sure it would be returned safely to its owner.  Now that Wyatt owns it, he's clear to handle it however he'd like, even if that does include toting a supposedly priceless diamond around in his pockets as he wanders the globe, ready to present it to Hope (again) at any opportunity. 

• Love 3

I hope the same someone points out that it's pretty much the parallel situation of when Liam married Steffy the day after Hope returned her engagement ring. I think if you look up the word "flighty" in Webster's, it'll show both Hope and Liam's photos as examples.

It is the same situation, but since no one learns anything on these shows, Liam and/or Hope will just continue to believe that outside forces have ruined their chances of being together rather than looking a little bit closer to home.

• Love 5

After hearing Charlie's comment about how the magic diamond always wins, Liam's only chance now is to steal the diamond and destroy it in the fires of Mount Doom where it was forged.

Oh yeah! And Wyatt can be Gollum who plunges to his death clutching the Preciousss. :-D

• Love 4

I liked the hints Mr Montemayor dropped in the video:

"I'm under her control"

"The mother of all diamonds"

"It is yours"

And he described the diamond as being "Quinn-tessencial".

And don't forget that his heart was never "Fuller" than when he owned the diamond.

Was Quinn holding him hostage?  He had to send Wyatt a coded message?  

Oh, B&B.

• Love 5

Wonder if that's going to be the next blowup: it will be discovered that the gem is fake. Hope will decide that means her and Wyatt's marriage was built on a lie and therefore she must return to Liam!

Please don't say that!  In tribute to, and in solidarity with my favorite B&B character, my eyes became glassy with unshed tears and then a single tear just rolled down my cheek.  The prospect that this fuckery will continue is more than I can bear.  This ridiculous child will have a "get out of marriage free" card and will start agonizing about the legitimacy of her impromptu marriage, while casting longing glances Lame's way.  Couple that with secret liaisons in closets, elevators and whatever Loopy deems to be their "special place," it won't be a happy time for me.  Hope will whine that "the damage has been done now" while her team of enablers (including suddenly active sperm donor, Deacon) fall all over themselves to "fix it" for her.

Meanwhile, Wynutt will play the Taylor role in this little farce, as he is beset with insecurities and will worry if someone will discover that he knew for some time that his mother was on the loose and he didn't say jack shit to anyone about it.  His mother will advise him to start a family immediately to secure his marriage (per Stephanie's advice to Taylor years ago).  Wynutt will give lip service to complaining about Mama Nutter-Butter's interference while happily reaping the benefits thereof.  If it means replacing Hope's birth control pills with placebos, poking holes in Wynutt's condoms, or impregnating Hope with a turkey baster while she's zonked out on anti-anxiety meds, Mama Nutter-Butter will be down for whatever.  Just so long as Wynutt WINS!  And, there will still be no logical explanation as to why in her mind, Wynutt HAS to be with Hope.

And, the band will play on...

• Love 5

I genuinely think that the reason she thinks Wyatt HAS to be with Hope is because he wants to be with Hope.  That's all she needs.  If he turned around tomorrow and decided that he needed to be with Pam, she'd be smothering Charlie in his sleep.

• Love 8

I am a new viewer - just over 2 weeks or so.  (Was curious after seeing how many ABC actors were in the cast.)  I am loving the sets, the characters with jobs and bits of dialog with words of 3 or more syllables.  :-)

But I have a serious wth is going on issue with this Hope/Liam/Wyatt thing.  She starts the day out planning on marrying one guy and because he's a little late (maybe half an hour from what I could tell) she marries his brother before the day is even out?  I was confused, thinking that maybe the diamond really was magic and she was hypnotized or something but from reading that last few pages of this thread, I guess not.

When she walked to the side of the boat, I was hoping maybe it had occurred to her that it was suspicious that this Wyatt guy had a dress, a captain ready to perform a wedding, etc. on the day she was planning to marry his brother but oh no... 

That said, I kind of love Rena Sofer playing a psycho.

• Love 7

2 days without Chickenhead and Bride of Chickenhead*..... have my prayers for the back burner for these 2 been answered ?

Probably not.

*excluding flashbacks because that is half the format of this show.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 6

Thanks, @radishcake.  Are new viewers considered mythical creatures, a la Bigfoot or unicorns? :-)

I have to say, I am disappointed in what I've seen of Deacon.  This is not the Deacon I remember from Y&R, with Amber.  (But a big improvement over what SK had to suffer through on GH.)

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 2

The Liam Of Infinite Sadness.

Ah, Gudzilla...now I want to start a band and name it this.

I am a lurker from TWOP. I need to get some things off my chest. I like Wyatt, and I think Hope seems like an actual sexual being when she's with him. I totally dug the wedding. My family members that watch this with me are all cuckoo banana-pants for Liam. I find him to be a total emo dipshit who would turn blue and pass out if breathing was something he had to decide to do. Friggin' waffle.

• Love 7

I kept shouting at Deacon to STFU! Why do people on soaps always tell the villains that they have the goods on them? BTW, did Deacon find that gun the other day? I remember him opening a box and making a remark about Quinn. One hopes if he did, he unloaded it.

• Love 4

Ah, Gudzilla...now I want to start a band and name it this.

I am a lurker from TWOP. I need to get some things off my chest. I like Wyatt, and I think Hope seems like an actual sexual being when she's with him. I totally dug the wedding. My family members that watch this with me are all cuckoo banana-pants for Liam. I find him to be a total emo dipshit who would turn blue and pass out if breathing was something he had to decide to do. Friggin' waffle.

I agree with you.  And, also, now I have an image in my mind of Liam standing, looking torn, between Steffy and Hope as Steffy tells him how fun it is to not breathe, and Hope urges him "breathe!  Breathe for me, Liam!" with tears in her eyes. 

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 6

I'm getting weary of the "how can my brother do this" attitude from Liam.  Regardless of blood, they've been "brothers" for like 20 minutes, Hope is the one he should be directing his disbelief about.

• Love 14

TK must be off in Connecticut again. Not that I mind, I'm just amazed that a lead actor gets to be off for so long, so often.

I've heard Y&R has a similar arrangement with Steve Burton. But then, he is nicknamed Steven Farren Phelps in that thread (and perhaps the GH thread in TWoP before that) for good reason

Not that I miss nuRidge, but leads are leads for a reason. When they go the story stops. Sometimes it can't be helps, like HTy's son getting killed at the same time Jack was born or SF's illness leaving her all but bedridden at the reveal of how Brooke ended up raped. Certainly, there are other actors with a less busy schedule--and more believable as a Californian former playboy--that could fill this role.

• Love 2

I am a new viewer - just over 2 weeks or so. (Was curious after seeing how many ABC actors were in the cast.) I am loving the sets, the characters with jobs and bits of dialog with words of 3 or more syllables. :-)

But I have a serious wth is going on issue with this Hope/Liam/Wyatt thing. She starts the day out planning on marrying one guy and because he's a little late (maybe half an hour from what I could tell) she marries his brother before the day is even out? I was confused, thinking that maybe the diamond really was magic and she was hypnotized or something but from reading that last few pages of this thread, I guess not.

When she walked to the side of the boat, I was hoping maybe it had occurred to her that it was suspicious that this Wyatt guy had a dress, a captain ready to perform a wedding, etc. on the day she was planning to marry his brother but oh no...

That said, I kind of love Rena Sofer playing a psycho.

Welcome to the show! :)

And unfortunately, this is par the course for B&B, although it wasn't so pronounced in the past. This triangle is a rehash of another involving HRH Hope, Princess of Fail (Weddings) Waffle 2.0 aka Liam and Hope's stepsister Steffy....which was a rehash of the conflict the girls' mothers had with Waffle 1.0 Ridge, that hit its sell by date back during the Clinton administration.

But in the show's defense, they aren't afraid to use its vets, and the sets still look great and not as cheap as some of the other shows. Enjoy!

I'm getting weary of the "how can my brother do this" attitude from Liam. Regardless of blood, they've been "brothers" for like 20 minutes, Hope is the one he should be directing his disbelief about.

This, times 10.

What failed with the goose is fail with the gander.

• Love 2
SF's illness leaving her all but bedridden at the reveal of how Brooke ended up raped.

At least when this happened they wrote Stephanie's absence into the story - she went into hiding because she couldn't face the wrath of her family who were blaming her for something she didn't intend to happen - whereas these long breaks with TK completely unbalance the dynamics of the show, so that we have these torturous stories focusing on one set of characters for weeks on end with no relief, or too short a relief when Ridge is eventually returned to the story. 

Why can't the writers go back to the original format of three scenes per act and each scene features different characters? Open the show with a C-plot scene (for example, Maya & Carter/Rick & Caroline), then a B-plot scene (Brooke/Bill/Ridge/Katie), then an A-plot scene (Hope/Liam/Wyatt) before the credits roll, and play that format through the episode so that the cliffhanger scene at the end is your A-plot story. That way you give everyone in the audience something to follow though the episode, in snippets so still adhering to the showbiz rule of "Always leave them wanting more", and having the biggest/frontburner story still pack the biggest punches. Right now it seems like (I haven't watched a full episode for a long, long time) there are different scenes on different sets with different characters, but they're all talking about Hope - it needs to be different scenes on different sets with different characters and different storylines to be sustainable and avoid burnout. 

Sigh. I guess the only good thing about three weeks of Hope/Liam/Wyatt is I've recovered half an hour of each day?

Quinn:  Insane

Ivy:  In Seine

Oh sugarbaker, you're killing me.

I hope they saved the "Sally Says Recycle" poster!

If they put that on a t-shirt I would buy 10 and wear one every day of the week.

I'm fairly certain that with her Australian background a dingo will in fact steal their baby

:/

Edited by St3phForrester
  • Love 4

whereas these long breaks with TK completely unbalance the dynamics of the show, so that we have these torturous stories focusing on one set of characters for weeks on end with no relief, or too short a relief when Ridge is eventually returned to the story.

I don't mind the new Ridge, but not seeing such a major character for long stretches is a momentum killer.

Say, I wonder if Katie will realize Deacon is sniffing around Brooke and suddenly want to dip her be-ribboned hand into that can of porn-stachios?

• Love 4

I don't mind the new Ridge, but not seeing such a major character for long stretches is a momentum killer.

Say, I wonder if Katie will realize Deacon is sniffing around Brooke and suddenly want to dip her be-ribboned hand into that can of porn-stachios?

Ridge coming home to find Katie in bed with Deacon would make my week. 

• Love 5

Why can't the writers go back to the original format of three scenes per act and each scene features different characters? 

That, and/or the traditional soap telling of having the leading stories on Monday, Tuesday and Friday, then take a backseat on Wednesday and Thursday to move along the others. Back at the height of the ToD 2.0, Dope, Waffle and Satanie the Second would eat up whole weeks on end. It was rediculous.

Word to all. When I was watching yesterday, I thought for a moment that Hope was back on drugs again. She acted like she was in some sort of a trance because she just stood there and stared at Wyatt and either nodded or did not verbally respond.

Yes! I had flashbacks to her twirling on the diving board when she was on her black market anti-anxiety meds. 

I just mentioned in the Y&R thread about how insane characters (such as Quinn obviously belongs) used to be built up for month or years before they'd do many of the things Quinnsane has done or attempted in the past year. I don't take much stock in any one actor saving an ensemble show, but is it any coincidence that after Sheila was introduced this show went from scraping the bottom in ratings to #2 in America? And I've come to learn she was a force on the show for much of the '90s.

The IIC have done to Quinn what Maria Bell did to Adam on Y&R. Thankfully, Quinn isn't a legacy character and little of value would be lost if she left tomorrow....and too bad, because RS is a decent actress and would've made a far better foil for Brooke than Her Majesty Katie, Queen of Hypocrisy with even less self reflection than even Taylor.

• Love 6

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but Hope and Wyatt getting married in Monte Carlo is just like gondolagate in Aspen all over again except this time Quinn is Steffy all be it crazier and Liam is in Hope's place, but he didn't watch her get married right? I haven't watched in weeks just come here for the recaps. And I am sure once it comes out what Quinn has done Hope and Wyatt won't stay married any more unless they throw a baby into the mix or Liam will have moved on and could care less about Hope.

More than likely, she'll have an opinion that Brooke "needs" to be with Deacon for Hope's sake.  After all, the Forrester adult children were always clamoring for Eric and Stephanie to reunite despite knowing how toxic that particular brew was since the show's inception in 1987.

Katie had the same when she claimed that RJ needed both Brooke and Ridge, while Bridget should be with Nick.  Too bad, old girl had designs on Nick herself, evidenced by her awkwardly showing up to play basketball one day and a sudden love for hot wings.  Supposedly, nothing said "connection to Nick" like basketball and hot wings!

Katie wouldn't have two fucks to give about a Brooke/Deacon hook-up.  In her mind, as long as it's not Bill, then it's all good.  Plus, it feeds into her belief that she is so superior to Brooke.  I wonder what she will do if the human oil slick were to start obsessing about that potential pairing?  Will it finally occur to her to remember all the other times her "pome" spouting beloved interjected himself into Brooke's life?

Ridge coming home to find Katie in bed with Deacon would make my week. 

OMG--YES!!  And, as an added bonus, Deacon can murmur with a demonic smirk, "Katie and are together now!"

• Love 1