Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I haven't decided yet who I am rooting for in the Quinn/Eric saga. To be truthful, I can see both points of view. I have never been a Steffy fan but I'm gonna let it play out a bit more. I do like Ridge but some of that love goes back to his days on AMC. I do wish they would spit shine him up a bit. I would like to see him more suave looking. Although, he is a rugged guy looks wise and maybe he would look odd being more refined. I don't know. Just thinking out loud. 

• Love 3

A good haircut, clean-looking hair, a close shave (all on a regular basis), plus properly-fitting clothes would do wonders.  Obviously, waltzing around in scarves and ponchos and all black all the time, wouldn't work for TK (didn't think they did for RM, actually, at least as Ridge.) As it is, he is, like I've said before, looks like a has-been rock musician or aging college professor. John McCook's not a string bean either, but he always manages to look well put-together and stylish because his clothing is tailored and he is neatly groomed.

Anyway, I think whoever said that a huge issue of Steffy's is that she's jealous as hell that Quinn got that close to Liam and he actually had feelings for her (albeit under false pretext.) I think Steffy said it all today when she spat out how Quinn hurt LIAM, then by default, Steffy. If I were Quinn, I would take that in, think it over, then go have a talk with Wyatt. I don't know how much clearer Steffy could make it without just coming and saying that she really didn't mean to marry Wyatt and now she wants out and has more or less found a way to achieve it.

Then Quinn would be caught between being with Eric and waging all out war against another woman who's broken her son's heart.  I really wish that she'd slapped Steffy after Steffy said that, especially at the end of the show when the bitch got all up in Quinn's face. And yes, STFU Steffy and Ridge. God, what a way to ruin what was starting out as a pretty good show. I loved Eric putting them all on blast. I wasn't even bothered by his retort to Pam. WTH does Stephanie have to do with this, especially now? Didn't Stephanie even say during her dying days how she wanted for Eric to eventually move on? Maybe Quinn wouldn't be her choice, but the bottom line is, it's Eric's choice. Not Stephanie's sister's, or Stephanie's ghost's or Eric's grown-ass kids and grandkids.  Also, how convenient for Rick to have to think and scratch his head and sputter out that Quinn's crimes against him had to do with Hope. Seriously?

You'd think that by now, the cry-babies would realize that Eric Forrestor wasn't wired to live his life as a monk and the fact is is that they will never approve of any other woman he has a relationship with. They haven't so far. Why change now?

• Love 9

Today's best scene was with Thomas/Sasha.  The actress who plays Sasha isn't the greatest but she does give her all to it, so I don't mind.  (Unlike when she is in scenes with Nicole/Zende - those are just painful to watch.)  And I have a soft spot for the bad girl who is honest about what she's done.  

It wasn't all that much fun watching Quinn getting trashed by Steffy though.  Quinn is her family too.  Not that you would know it by anything Steffy said.  Ugh.  (My interest in watching again may not make it if I have to listen to much more of this.)   

• Love 5

Steffy spent years tormenting her stepsister Hope and thought nothing of steamrolling Ivy of none-Logan carrying blood for Liam and spent months covering up the Aly situation despite the very obvious and plausible self defense case she could have built. Someone sure should be looking over their shoulder here, but it ain't Stephanie Forrester.

So, anyone wanna take bets on when Quinn "falls" over the bannister?

• Love 15

Shoot that poison arrow………

Goodness, but the Gang all showed up with arrows loaded with their own brand of poison. Ridge, probably the only one in the room with any real reason to hate Quinn; came with his usual ammo of concern for FC’s. That argument however falls flat in the face of Quinn’s talent, and what she has brought to the company. And what was Rick blathering about Hope? Gee fella, it would have been nice if you had shown you sister some concern when the shit was actually going down. But to pull the Hope card out of your ass at this stage of the game looks way to convenient given what is happening right now. Steffy? Wow ,what can you say about her; “I’ve learned from bitter experience. So has Liam. You stole both our lives and nothing has been the same since?” Say whaaa??? Correct me if I am wrong, but would that be like when you teamed up with Bill to manipulate and interfere with Hope and Liam’s romance? And wouldn’t that put ole Billy Boy in the same class as Quinn? Oh, but wait, he was helping you get what you wanted, so it is all good with Bill. And then you have Pam, going on about Saint Stephanie, the one we all take our measure by…..as fucking if! Stephanie was the worst, because she cloaked her actions in words like “ethics” and “morals” and “integrity”. Sorry, but where I come from folks who try to off their unborn grandkids, and those that plot to undermine another’s person sense of value and dignity, and when they give out proprietary information allowing a stranger access to their arch enemy’s home, which later culminated in a rape, and when they hate for the sheer joy of hating; aren’t any kind of Saint. But Eric was ready; he saved the most poisonous arrow for Pam, by reminding her that she was a wacko once, and not only a wacko, but one who repeatedly tried to kill Eric’s wife. However, that didn’t stop Eric from being Pam’s champion, and wanting her to get better. Pam needs to go bake some Lemon Bars or something.

Quinn was not being herself, because she stayed calm and only tried a few times to reason with the brats. And I noticed how Eric’s hand was first on her waist, then moved up to her back, and eventually found itself resting very protectively and proprietarily on Quinn’s shoulder. I also noticed that glint in Eric’s eyes, and that odd, mouth and jaw clenching thing he does when he is digging his heels in for a fight. Oh yeah, Quinn is so gonna be the new Mrs. Forrester, and will be living in the big house in no time.

I wanted to stuff rotten apples in Wyatt and Liam’s mouth’s yesterday. Who does that? Who has those types of conversations? So, when Steffy leaves Wyatt, which is an inevitability now, her only possible course of action is to come right back to Liam? No time to decompress from the terrible ordeal she has been through with Wyatt? Not to mention all the torment she has endured from Quinn? Nope, get a quickie divorce, only to remarry the guy that was never true to her. Yep, sounds like a plan to me. Good. Let them remarry and rediscover how they have the knack for screwing up their own romance. Let Ivy return to town, and let her and Wyatt reconnect. Watch how fast Liam is running over to the beach house to protect her from Quinn. And watch how fast Steffy starts remembering being the only girl in her guy’s life.

Ah yes, they are allowing Thomas and Sasha to build slowly, and have put them on a nice low simmer, allowing all their spices to comingle and complement each other. It is kind of frightening, but so refreshing after watching Steffy, that they are allowing Sasha to not only disclose, but own, her bad choices. I wonder if they will let Thomas open up about “Misunderstanding Night?” They should. That way when Caroline returns and wants to get with Thomas, she can’t try to say she and Thomas had some great love affair.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

But Eric was ready; he saved the most poisonous arrow for Pam, by reminding her that she was a wacko once, and not only a wacko, but one who repeatedly tried to kill Eric’s wife.

Eh, Pam had a brain tumor which once it was removed, dialed back her murderous tendencies to about zero and upped her investigative snoop radar to eleven. Quinn has no such excuse. She's reformed until she isn't. Not even three months ago she was convinced she was in love with Liam, a man she loathed 3 months prior to that and wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire.

And who hasn't tried to kill their sister once or twice or a half dozen times? :)  Trying to kill family is one thing, trying to kill you son's rival is another.

13 hours ago, grisgris said:

If I were Quinn, I would take that in, think it over, then go have a talk with Wyatt. I don't know how much clearer Steffy could make it without just coming and saying that she really didn't mean to marry Wyatt and now she wants out and has more or less found a way to achieve it.

Did Wyatt (and Quinn) really believe that once Steffy married him that all her feelings for Liam would magically shrivel up and die? Especially once she found out that his being MIA was due to Quinn's machinations? This is the SECOND time a woman has married Wyatt simply because Liam was physically not present. If a woman's decision to marry you relies on your rival not being physically present (because your momma intervened) then you can't be shocked when the rival shows back up your wife starts to waffle.

Did Steffy make a dumb decision? Possibly. She has seemed happier with Wyatt if I'm honest. But Wyatt is also a dummy because he put himself in the position of having to constantly worry about his marriage. As soon as he saw that video of Liam collapsing and Quinn driving off with him he KNEW that Steffy wouldn't marry him if she learned the truth which is why he told Charlie to zip it and pushed for the wedding to happen ASAP. I've got no sympathy for his angst over Steffy leaving him for Liam. He signed on for this and set himself up for this fall.

As for Quinn having not done anything to directly to Steffy for her to be this hostile:  Donald Trump may not have hurt me directly, but I still wouldn't want him dating a friend/relative I cared about and I'd let them know it.  Regardless of Steffy and Liam's romantic status, they're still friends. Or supposed to be. Even Wyatt has no problem with them being friends as long as Liam 'knows his place'. So why can't she be pissed at Quinn on his behalf like a friend would? Is her anger 100% about defending her 'friend' Liam? Probably not. But she's not totally unwarranted in wanting distance from Quinn and Quinn shows that she's not totally changed when she keeps not respecting those boundaries.

In the case of Eric/Quinn, if Quinn were truly changed by the power of love, she'd be willing to sacrifice her happiness (or pretend to) by ending things with Eric for the sake of Wyatt's marriage.  Then you could've had Wyatt realize this was an actual step in emotional growth for his mother, and grow a pair with Steffy about how to deal with Quinn and help nudge Quinn back to Eric.  Instead all I'm seeing is Quinn still getting what she wants because in addition to Wyatt she has Eric supporting her.

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

As for Quinn having not done anything to directly to Steffy for her to be this hostile:  Donald Trump may not have hurt me directly, but I still wouldn't want him dating a friend/relative I cared about and I'd let them know it. 

I don't disagree with this, except Steffy and her little Forrester fan club keep harping on & on about what Quinn did to her.  Even yesterday when she included Liam in Quinn's misdeeds, she still had to insert the "and me".   What Quinn did directly to her was make her believe Liam was finished with her, which is such a drop in the bucket compared to what was done to Liam.  So yes, she does have a reason to be hostile for what Quinn did to Liam, she just needs to stop making it all about her.

• Love 7

And what was Rick blathering about Hope? Gee fella, it would have been nice if you had shown you sister some concern when the shit was actually going down. But to pull the Hope card out of your ass at this stage of the game looks way to convenient given what is happening right now.

IKR? And didn't he hire her just to stick it to Ridge after Dubai? I might be misremembering that, but it seems like something Rick would do.

The hypocrisy of everyone else has been discussed already. 

Liam is so thirsty, it's ridiculous. I'm glad Sasha's not being wasted on his ass. Her convo with Thomas was so honest and refreshing about her embarrassment at the fake pregnancy and actually feeling bad. Not even TAYLOR had such a conversation after the debacle with Thomas. Forget the other Avant brats, I need Sasha to stick around! Brava!

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Liam is so thirsty, it's ridiculous. I'm glad Sasha's not being wasted on his ass. Her convo with Thomas was so honest and refreshing about her embarrassment at the fake pregnancy and actually feeling bad. Not even TAYLOR had such a conversation after the debacle with Thomas. Forget the other Avant brats, I need Sasha to stick around! Brava!

Proof positive he and Chickenhead are brothers. No DNA test needed!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I don't disagree with this, except Steffy and her little Forrester fan club keep harping on & on about what Quinn did to her.  Even yesterday when she included Liam in Quinn's misdeeds, she still had to insert the "and me".   What Quinn did directly to her was make her believe Liam was finished with her, which is such a drop in the bucket compared to what was done to Liam.  So yes, she does have a reason to be hostile for what Quinn did to Liam, she just needs to stop making it all about her.

And she conveniently forgets how she cozied up to Quinn and was just fine and dandy with her, despite knowing all the stunts Quinn had pulled at that point in time, all of which, if memory serves, impacted Liam. Where was all her righteous indignation then? 

Of course, what can anyone expect from Steffy, Ms. Killer and Attempted Killer of Cousins (yeah, yeah, yeah, Aly was self-defense but seriously, there were NO other alternatives not to mention the cover-up)? If she had been there the day of the Ivy being pushed into the Seine, she likely would have high-fived Quinn. 

So she can take a seat and shut her trap.

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Eric is da MAN! :-)

I love Ridge, but that was glorious. Nothing like a good read by a family patriarch that gives no damns.

Like I said, hard swerving Quinn into Forrester has done wonders for all the other characters.

Now the countdown to Eric's stroke/heart attack begins ....

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 10
On 8/5/2016 at 10:32 AM, Cool Breeze said:

I actually wonder whether they're setting up a Quinn takeover of FC after she and Eric inevitably reunite and he dies or becomes incapacitated.  The takeover, of course, would involve a significant retcon of the distribution of FC shares, rewriting of history, power of attorney, or some such nonsense, but Q would be in charge and Steffy would be even more apoplectic.

Hate to quote myself but this is so going to happen.

• Love 6

When Steffy came back to crash the last Hope/Liam wedding at Quinn's invitation, was that before or after Quinn threatened to stab Liam?

I'm so sick of her mewling. Liam may have forgotten he dumped Steffy first, but she shouldn't have. And that's saying nothing of the litany of manipulations and lies she's pulled for the better part of a decade now, all while slut shaming Brooke for being desperate. Steffy and Liam BEGAN as a lie, beginning with her imprinting on him after her tub accident, and her getting Hope locked in the gondola as she married Liam barely two days after they'd split up.  Where do you even go from there? 

It's insane that Sasha, a character that's been on the cast for eight months and a childhood exponentially worse than Daddy bouncing between two women can show more mental growth than Steffy who has been on this show as an "adult" for eight years. 

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 12

As I was watching our show today, something really odd occurred to me. 3 months ago (I had just given birth, so my timeline might be a smidge off), Quinn had Liam held hostage in a cabin. 3 months ago, Thomas was being really weird & stalky about Douglas (whom he didn't know was his biological son) & Caroline, and he still totally creeped me out about his behavior in Douglas' conception. They were both completely expendable to me, and I couldn't have imagined that they could be salvaged, and certainly never be in a romance ever again.

Fast-forward to today, Quinn is completely bringing new life to the show (& blessedly, JMcC) in her romance with Eric, which has really turned into an umbrella story involving so many of the characters. Thomas seems poised to start a relationship with Sasha, and when I see them together, I don't find him creepy or repulsive at all, I find them kind of adorable, and definitely refreshing. As of today, Quinn & Thomas are in pairings that I'm really enjoying, probably the only 2 on the show I can say that about.

• Love 11

I so want Hope to come back and be like "I may have my own issues with Quinn, however, my memories of being locked in a gondola while you ushered in a quickie marriage to Liam would like to call bullshit on your status as a poor little victim, Steffy."  

• Love 7

nkotb, i fully agree. This is why i still bother following the show online...because it does still have genuine good moments...moreso than the Not-Billy show, aka Y&R 

Now, if only they could figure out a use for the rest of the Avants. I want Papa A around, but his stalking Sasha and telling her to GTFO is wearing as thin as Liam and Steffy's bullshit. Rick any Maya are relatively happy and with Maya being trans, I dont see TIIC having her divorce and marry any of the other Forresters. So they either before the new Michael and Lauren Baldwin or Maya gets offed Darla style if and when KM decides to leave the show. Nicole and Zende were DOA, but I remember something about her and computers when she first came on the show? She and Liam could begin a start up. Plus, Liam would be going after Wyatt's leftovers for a change ad if he could put up with Hope's princess shit, Nicole wpuld be a walk in the park.

11 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I so want Hope to come back and be like "I may have my own issues with Quinn, however, my memories of being locked in a gondola while you ushered in a quickie marriage to Liam would like to call bullshit on your status as a poor little victim, Steffy."  

Even better, Hope goes about her life like Steffy doesn't exist, which will be made 100X easier since their parents aren't married anymore. Living well is the best revenge and all that.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

Even better, Hope goes about her life like Steffy doesn't exist, which will be made 100X easier since their parents aren't married anymore. Living well is the best revenge and all that.

I just need someone on screen to point out what a whining little hypocrite Steffy is.  Unfortunately, our only hope for that is likely if Steffy leaves Wyatt for Liam, and he snap and goes off on how she's no saint.  The down side there is that it will just be portrayed as him having sour grapes, not the truth speaking it would be (sour grapes or not).  

• Love 11

Kerly Q:

True enough, but to me, Hope is enough of a selfish entitlement brat in her own right that I rather see them in separate corners than interacting at all. I've grown tired to women attacking each other over idiot men and after the two and a half year nightmare of ToD 2.0 I'm fine with them never sharing a scene again for the duration of this show's run. An impossibility given the small cast, but a girl can dream.

• Love 2

Where is Brooke while this storyline is going on with Eric and Quinn?  She barely could stand Deacon and didn't want to see him marry Quinn but she is no where to be found while Eric is ushering her into Stephanie's place?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

One step closer to a Quinn portrait over the fireplace !

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.

It's hilarious that Ridge and Rick have spent the last year pissing over that spot and seeing Quinn "win" would warm the cockles of my cold, black heart.

1 minute ago, ch1 said:

Where is Brooke while this storyline is going on with Eric and Quinn?  She barely could stand Deacon and didn't want to see him marry Quinn but she is no where to be found while Eric is ushering her into Stephanie's place?

The Stallion wore her out? ;)

...but yrah, good question. Not that I want to see Brooke jumping into the self Righteous Judgement Olympics, but her character has been so strangely isolated lately. She should be the show's matriarch.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

Fast-forward to today, Quinn is completely bringing new life to the show (& blessedly, JMcC) in her romance with Eric, which has really turned into an umbrella story involving so many of the characters. Thomas seems poised to start a relationship with Sasha, and when I see them together, I don't find him creepy or repulsive at all, I find them kind of adorable, and definitely refreshing. As of today, Quinn & Thomas are in pairings that I'm really enjoying, probably the only 2 on the show I can say that about.

I am totally down with the Thomas/Sasha pairing. He was extremely predatory before but is normal with her and they have good chemistry.

• Love 5

"Get out, you're dismissed." - Best line of the episode! Eric was on fi-yah! The only weak links were Waffles, Puffy and Chickenhead! Writers please send the 3 amigos on an extended vacay to Amish country, preferably off screen.

• Love 18

Loved the Eric and Ridge confrontation today -- seriously loved Eric reminding Ridge of his shady behavior concerning Douglas's paternity.  Totally agree with you tricknasty that "Get out, you're dismissed" was the best line of the episode -- possibly of the week.

Liking Thomas and Sasha more each day. I can see Thomas telling her about "Misunderstanding Night' -- then they are 2 people who know all the bad things about each other's pasts and are starting without secrets. Papa Avant is going to be so so wrong in his prediction there is no Forrester boy for Sasha.

And I did like Wyatt telling Liam to stop wishing and hoping for his marriage to fail.

I also think that with the change in Thomas and this slow build in the Tasha relationship Show will not do a WTD reversal and Ridge's super sperm will not be the winners.

• Love 9

Word to all of the posts wishing for some type of comeuppance for Steffy. Hope, Ivy, Aly, Katie and even Brooke (Steffy thought she had it bad having the Golden Cooter for a "step mother." That's nothing compared to the grandmother from hell she's most likely to end up with) can all recite of litany of misdeeds Steffy's committed against them. Remember texting-tag-teaming between Steffy and Thomas to keep Ridge and Brooke apart? Well, how's that for karma being on the receiving end from "Adam" (via "Eve?")

Anyway, unlike Sasha, and to some extent, Quinn, I don't think that Steffy thinks that she's ever done anything wrong. In most instances, her excuse that trying to seduce $Bill, being a petulant bitch to Brooke, etc., were in the name of the family, even to the point of going to blows with Hope over various men ("Gotta drive those evil Logans off the face of the earth and if I happen to get married a few dozen times in the process, that's gravy.")  If you ask me, Steffy is the one with the mental issues head and shoulders above Pam and Quinn.  I see her as a narcissistic sociopath and I think her issues go much deeper than "daddy abandonment" (well, by her perception.) It makes me wonder if her being kidnapped as a toddler by Morgan and being held hostage with Taylor had any impression on Steffy? It would be fascinating for her to finally see the error in her ways and undergo in-depth therapy (on the show) to see what makes her tick. Of course, that will never happen. First of all, Bell would never go that deep and I think he must secretly fancy JMW or something. Secondly ... speaking of ... she just doesn't have the acting chops to pull off an emotional-charged story like that. 

So I guess we're just stuck with the botoxed bitchy talentless hack.  I would love to see her scorched by both Wyatt and Liam and  I'm still secretly shipping Steffy and Deacon down the road.  Only I'd want for him to treat her the way he did when he was married to Bridget.

Go Eric! Evicting Ridge from the manse and the workplace was priceless. I'm glad we're finally getting to see more of John McCook. I was afraid he'd been literally put out to permanent pasture. And yeah, I don't understand why Brooke isn't weighing in on all of this. I had been hoping for her to get back together with Eric, but this is so much better with Quinn. I'm sure Brooke will be aghast, but maybe she's too caught up in trying to corral the stallion to even care. (Not that she's going to have to try very hard.)

I was kinda of wishing that Quinn would have exchanged some nasty quips/veiled threats with Pam. If Pam said anything, nobody would believe her, since Eric so kindly and pointedly reminded everybody how Pam used to be "off her rocker." But I guess Quinn is really going to toe the line this time.

I'm really liking Sasha and Thomas. I instantly liked Sasha when she came on the show, mainly because she was getting under Nicole's skin. NuThomas took some time to grow on me, but I like him two. Those two have some potential. That said, yeah, it now doesn't make any sense to have split up Caridge (although they repulsed me) unless it's for the sake of another tired triangle.

Carry on! Eric rules!

• Love 12

OH MY GOD, Eric took back his house!!!  "If you're old enough to question my judgement, you're old enough to buy a house of your own"?!?!?  Fantastic!!!  AMAZING!!!  I have wanted this moment for so long!!!  I thought the show had given up on Eric!!!  I'm so happy!!! 

*ahem*  Sorry about that, I just really enjoyed Steffy's face cracking open!

I have to say, Ridge turning into a ragged bohemian type still doesn't work for me; there's too much of a disconnect between the characters as portrayed by RM and TK.  However, when Ridge is an angry yelling douchebag? THAT'S Ridge!   Exploding with rage at Quinn, shouting "You don't get to talk here" -- that was classic Ridge.  TK was a hell of a lot more energized than usual -- Ridge needs to take that energy and fight for his damn marriage.  (While I don't necessarily buy the character of Ridge Forrester romancing the niece of his dead first love, I buy the intense connection between TK and LG.)

• Love 10

OH MY GOD, Eric took back his house!!!  "If you're old enough to question my judgement, you're old enough to buy a house of your own"?!?!?  Fantastic!!!  AMAZING!!!  I have wanted this moment for so long!!!  I thought the show had given up on Eric!!!  I'm so happy!!!

If there was any doubt that someone was reading this board, there shouldn't be anymore :p

• Love 9
8 hours ago, nkotb said:

As I was watching our show today, something really odd occurred to me. 3 months ago (I had just given birth, so my timeline might be a smidge off), Quinn had Liam held hostage in a cabin. 3 months ago, Thomas was being really weird & stalky about Douglas (whom he didn't know was his biological son) & Caroline, and he still totally creeped me out about his behavior in Douglas' conception. They were both completely expendable to me, and I couldn't have imagined that they could be salvaged, and certainly never be in a romance ever again.

I'm still a bit on the fence about Thomas because I can only take him when Caroline isn't around but I guess we'll see.  I would never have predicted that I would be looking forward to the next B&B episode and here I am, so who knows? 

Eric and Quinn remind me a little of one of my all-time favorite soap couples - Mac and Rachel (Another World).  Here's hoping Queric lasts a good long time.  I know there is probably a Quinn vs. the Forresters battle for control of Eric's fortune and/or FC ahead but it can wait a while.  

• Love 7

Ridge, Steffy and Pam need to reminded what kind of person Stephanie was.  She was an abusive sociopath.  She loved her family but was obsessed with getting her own way and did not care who she hurt to get what she wanted for herself and her family.

• Love 9

Rutt Rho! Looks like Eric means business. How refreshing was it to watch him point out to Ridge and Pam that neither of them have much wiggle room here? I was disappointed that the truth telling stopped there, because Steffy and Rick have plenty of dirty deeds in their histories as well. Steffy is just the worst though. All this talk about how Quinn has manipulated Liam, when she did the same thing, not once or twice, or even three or four times, but for friggin years. And this is why I don’t buy all this talk about great love, and having her future taken away. This cosmic love she shares with Liam was predicated on her desire to remove all things Logan from FC’s and the Forrester family in general. The only difference between Steffy and Quinn is that Quinn has always acted alone, while Steffy had co-conspirators chomping at the bit to do her bidding. Let’s start with her Gangsta Grandma. Of course Stephanie made it her life mission to destroy Brooke, and any happiness she hoped to find, and Steffy came along and picked up where Stephanie left off. This Dynamic Duo set about to tag team Brooke and family, and would stop at nothing to see her undone. Steffy likes to remind everyone how Quinn faked those text messages from Liam, conveniently forgetting her and Thomas doing the same thing to Brooke in order to keep her away from Ridge? And then there are all the really horrible things Steffy did to Hope with an assist from Bill. And did I hear her say to Wyatt that “she is targeting my grandfather?” How is that exactly? What I saw was a lonely and unhappy Eric going to see the woman who has put the light back in his eyes, and the spring back in his step. I think the brats reactions have nothing to do with Eric, or his wellbeing. I think they were happy to have Eric out to pasture, living in the guest house, making martinis for himself and his dead wife, and turning the inmates loose to run the asylum. I also think it was more insulting that Eric had to remind them who he was, and that none of them would have squat, or would be squat, without him and his years of effort and hard work.

Outside of all of that is that it is one of my pet peeves to have someone, or in this case a group of people, talk about someone who is standing right there, as if they were not there at all. Pam going on about "getting involved with Quinn Fuller", as she is looking right at Quinn! I find this the height of disrespect. It treats another human being as if they were some inanimate object. I wanted to smack the taste out of all their mouths. 

Wyatt is right. Liam is hoping and praying that Quinn will do something. He is so desperate to best his brother, and right this terrible wrong, that he would willingly see Quinn try to hurt someone or get into some other kind of trouble. At this point I hope neither Spencer brother ends up with that shrieking shrew. Wyatt deserves better than a female who does not know how to be fully committed, who brings her ex into the bed with her and her husband, who will squawk to anyone that will listen how Quinn stole her life, and how she ruined her life. Doesn’t say much for Wyatt does it? But Steffy did choose to marry the guy, and now feels like she has to blame someone else for her choice? Liam needs to be alone for an extended period of time to gain some much needed perspective. Ivy will be returning soon, and I would like to see the fresh faced, lovely girl who first showed up in Bell LA. When you think about it, Ivy was a decent person until she hooked up with Liam, so let her reconnect with Wyatt, and let Liam find his way to Katie. As for Steffy? I say let her go and console Bill after he loses his wife to his son, his great love Brooke to his arch enemy Ridge, his shares in FC’s to Katie who sells them to Eric. A fitting end for those two no?

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14

OMG, what a twist that would be! And seeing how she still holds a grudge against Brooke and probably Ridge too, I could totally see this happening.

Edit: word to RuntheTable's entire post. Especially Liam. Homeboy needs a none romantic storyline even more than Brooke does, and that's saying something. This dude is beyond pathetic, and I'm sorry I ever compared his waffling to Ridge. Even when every one of Brooke's other men became sacrificial lambs to Bridge, Ridge didn't need to weedle or hope for the guy or some third party to screw up. He didn't cry about being robbed when Brooke married Grant on that boat (after his own hissy fit engagement to Taylor). He didn't beg Nick to stay with Bridget when that marriage imploded after Nicole died to keep Brooke single.

And that's the damn problem with Liam Cooper Spencer. Once again, he doesn't act. Once again, he's sitting back waiting for the tide  to roll in his favor and for someone to make a decision for him. Unlike the Hope/Steffy days of yore, his gums are constantly flapping and his whiny, grating voice annoys the shit outta me. This is what passes for a heroic leading man these days? My God, they may as well replace him with a plate of overcooked spaghetti, and the spaghetti would hold up under pressure better.

I get this whiny bullshit from Rick and Hope because they grew up with everyone doing shit for them, but Liam grew up as a normal kid who just happened to luck up with Bill Jr as his father. How did he survive this long being an absolute pansy?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 11

I don't like it. It is great to see Eric get some time and have some balls but for Quinn? They have all done shitty things, yes indeed and Steffy may be even more of a sociopath but it doesn't mean Quinn isn't crazy and that Eric isn't a horny fool. Sure Eric has always been one to think with his dick but that doesn't make it smart. Just typical. Still it is the best story going on. 

Thomas and Sasha bore me. 

• Love 6

That's just it. Before Rick, Steffy and Ridge were foaming over Quinn, we had Thorne and Felicia howling over Donna, who is the sanest of Eric's four wives by any measure. But as others have said, I think this is less about how stupid this all is (especially in light of what Liam told him) but more about RS and JMc finally getting their own story that has fuck all to do with playing referee or living vicariously through the their kids.

I'll take it. Between Captive Cabin and Rape Night, B&B needs to get back to what it does best, and that isn't cribbing from Charles Pratt.

Edited by Anna Yolei
Somehow, I forgot he'd been married to Brooke somehow. WTF, brain?
  • Love 8

Okay, now I'm starting to get worried. They're giving John McCook what appears to be a last lap sendoff where he gets to do awesome things like bed a hot lady, be the roaring patriarch who tells his kids what's what, and now a full on romantic seduction of his beautiful lady.  I wonder if he's set to retire later this year so he's getting a kind of character bucket list to go out on a high note (and possibly go for a final Daytime Emmy).

Anytime the writing begins to feature a usually backburnered character with awesome writing and their character is happy even while at odds with his family....bad things are around the corner. And they managed to keep Aly's demise a secret until it aired so it is possible B&B pulls out another shocker by having Eric marry Quinn and then suddenly kick the bucket to go join Stephanie.

• Love 6

Tobin: Hmmm. While I hope not, this isn't Eric's first rodeo with this kind of story. Come to think of this, that's basically the same story he''s gotten since Brooke. I dunno that they'd keep John McCook's departure from the show a secret, what with him being one of the last day one actors on the show. 

I will say I'm impressed with B&B's PR when they've been able to keep a lid on the stories they want to. Aly's death was one....the other was Maya's secret, which a few of us jokingly tossed out but we're truly blindsided by.

AussieBabe: yeah, this was fast, but honestly I can't think of the last time any two characters were allowed to actually develop a friendship before getting together. Hell, Maya and Carter had an entire months long engagement without ever going on one date. 

• Love 4

Ridge and Steffy are having a massive temper tantrum over Eric and Quinn. They have a toddlerlike attitude of everything around them is "mine, mine ,mine". I was half expecting them to hold their breath and turn blue until they passed out, unless Eric dumped Quinn.  Eric needs to send the both of them to bed without supper.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 11

I really enjoyed Steffy and Ridge speculating about what could possibly be wrong with Eric that he's not obeying their every demand about his life. 

Hopefully by next week Eric will have a portrait of Quinn hanging next to Stephanie's so the Forrester family face cracking can continue. 

• Love 10

Oh yes, Eric and Quinn as B&B's answer to Another World's Mac and Rachel.  M&R are my absolute all time favorite soap couple.  Rachel was the ultimate bad girl.  If it was bad, mean, underhanded, schemeing or shady she did it and did it more than once (or twice or eleventy times).

When they put her with Mac other characters foamed at the mouth (for *years*) the way they are about E&Q.  But you had 2 strong actors giving their best to their performances and making an unlikely pairing -- unwed teen mom bad girl + older wealthy sophisticated man into soap gold.   It was a great match of actors and characters who really made you believe in their relationship and that each character had influenced the other for the good.  Mac loosened up and Rachel softened into a (dare I use the word) vibrant matriarch without losing all of her edge.

This is the way B&B could go with Eric and Quinn

Le sigh.  I still miss AW.  Great characters, excellent writing, beautiful sets, interesting story lines, believable business scenarios.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Ridge and Steffy are having a massive temper tantrum over Eric and Quinn. They have a toddlerlike attitude of everything around them is "mine, mine ,mine". I was half expecting them to hold their breath and turn blue until they passed out, unless Eric dumped Quinn.  Eric needs to send the both of them to bed without supper.

Puffy will never starve as long as Chicken & Waffles are in her life.  Sorry, I'll see myself out...

• Love 10

God, I know. I can't remember the last time two characters were genuinely in love with one another and had an actual romance with dates and stuff.

I miss the old TWOP format with all the soaps in one forum, because we could have comparative threads between the various shows to go over it.

• Love 2
On August 15, 2016 at 0:30 AM, LittleIggy said:

It's sad that the characters of Aly and Ivy, played by two superior actresses, were sacrificed at the altar of Steffy, a thoroughly unlikeable character played by JMW who can't act her way out of a paper bag.

I was laughing so hard during her scenes in Monte Carlo. The material they gave her to work with was so far out of her reach. Can't they get her an acting coach or something like that?

Well, watching today's show with Eric's surprise for Quinn, if ever there was a time for Stephanie's portrait to come off the wall and fly around the room, this is it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I was laughing so hard during her scenes in Monte Carlo. The material they gave her to work with was so far out of her reach. Can't they get her an acting coach or something like that?

You misspelled "replacement," there. ;)

One thing I'll say is Ronn Moss was by far the worst actor to ever grace B&B, but at least he got some decent material to work with that made the character easier to root for at times. Plus, Moss was so bad he was good for lulz (see also the scenes where Brooke tells him Caroline I is dying. I really couldn't keep a straight face.)

I don't even get that from JMW,  and there hasn't been one story with Steffy in all this time that's stuck the landing for me, although Aly's creepy obsession/stalking came closest. Namely because Steffy wasn't trying to steal a man or Liam away from someone.

• Love 9

Eric and Quinn's scenes were romantic.  Strange how rare that seems these days.  Of course, I actually liked Deacon and Quinn's romance better and this stuff about Eric making her a better person, after saying the same thing about Liam just a few months ago, seems a little weird.  But still, an umbrella story that doesn't suck.  Those are even more rare than romance.

• Love 12