Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I've been thinking about these soaps(Y&R: B&B) that I've watched for about 40 years (yes, I'm old). Back in the early days, the husbands worked and the wives stayed home to take care of the children and the house work, did laundry, cooked all of the meals, washed the dishes without a dishwasher, etc. It was expected that the women needed a man to protect them and take care of them. This is 2016. That's no longer the case. Women are working in increasing numbers, earning their own money, having babies without partners and making their own way. So why are these writers still in the mindset that these supposedly modern women who work in their family corporations still need some nerd to "take care of them"? Steffy, are you listening? Who in the world is writing this crap? This is so tiring.

If anything, this genre has gone backwards in time. When I look at the clips of B&B from 87, Stephanie was the only homemaker in the whole cast, but no one would argue that she was some wilting flower who needed a man's protection even before she became Satanie the Battleaxe. 

But all the other women were out making names for themselves. Likely that was the case onY&R as well. And even further back, I once found some clips of ATWT in black and white discussing a young woman who was trying to get her baby back as she decided to raise the baby as an unwed single mother.

It's easy to forget that this genre was once instrumental in exploring feminism before there was even a name for it. And it's a shame.

• Love 5

So Ivy more or less came back to confirm the gossip she'd heard about "Uncle Eric." Then suddenly, she misses L.A. and then it progressed to that Australia didn't foster her creativity enough. (Seriously?) OK, whatever. We get it. She was brought back solely to run interference between Steffy and Wyatt and do Quinn's biddings as she sees fit. What a disappointment. Right. It didn't make any sense that she would approach Quinn first and not Eric.

Speaking of Australia, did Ivy roll straight into FC from a nap on the plane? Sorry, but I didn't think she looked very good. At least she hasn't undergone the needle or the knife, but the fried hair and sunburned/makeup-less face looked so odd. (Not that AB needs makeup to be gorgeous.) I didn't like her dress either. It looked like it didn't fit properly, too short through the torso or something. I am very tired of the California girl/beachy waves look in hairstyles. With all of the salt spray product and flat iron treatment that you have to use to achieve the look, your hair gets fried pretty quickly. Then when you throw some ombre into the mix = hot mess. Hopefully, once they get Ivy settled back into the cast, she'll look better. Embrace your natural beauty, girl! Be thankful that you don't look like the zillion other blonde Barbies roaming the beaches and streets of L.A.

I'm so sick of listening to Steffy whine about all of the misdeeds that Quinn did to Steffy and her family. I'm still trying to figure those out. Quinn didn't make Ridge hop on a helicopter and fly to Dubai to stop Brooke's wedding. Nor has Quinn done anything to Thomas or Taylor.  Instead of couching Liam in those terms, just say it and own it. I'm getting royally fed up with this as well as Chicken and Waffles squaring off on a daily basis.

C'mon, Quinn. Don't blow it over that pathetic bitch Steffy. If dumbass would take the blinders off and see that he's married to a psychotic manipulative shrew, Quinn wouldn't be caught up in their mess of a sham marriage.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

@CountryGirl you just made me snort :)

And she STILL is telling Wyatt that he did nothing! 

Are my ears failing from all that Static-X I listen to, or did Steffy actually whine to Eric about everything Quinn has done to the family, "ESPECIALLY me"?!?!?!?!  And did she also say that Quinn interfered in her life with "devastating consequences"???  CHOOSING to marry Wyatt was a devastating consequence?  The sad thing is, I have a feeling if she said that to Wyatt, the idiot would STILL be begging her to come back.

What the hell is with Ivy saying that what Quinn and Eric do is their business?  I think somebody better check her paternity, she has such an un-Forrester attitude!

It's all so embarrassing, Wyatt needs to take some notes from Sasha about letting go, she's just not that into you (however ridiculous that makes her). Yeesh!

• Love 4

I dunno why Ivy needed a good word to begin with. She didn't leave under a scandal, she left because her cousin is a sociopath and she wanted to recover in Sydney away from that looney hellspawn.

Speaking of, she and Jessica Forrester of the old, pre-Amber/Deacon/Rick teen scene are sisters/half-sisters, no? Eric never had any other brothers besides John?

• Love 7

If Steffy is a gigantic tool, then Liam is a giganticor one. Did this nimrod really say to Wyatt that he is not the problem in Wyatt and Steffy's marriage? What a blame shifting, soggy little piece of waffle you are! Who has relentlessly stalked Wyatt and Steffy since their return from Captive Cabin? Showing up at their house, showing up at FC's, then all the close encounters of the inappropriate kind we had in Monaco. Does Liam not understand that macking on a married woman is all kinds of wrong? I know, I know, Steffy was sending you her signals that it was ok, but you are supposed to be the ethical one right? But Liam must protect Steffy! The poor little waif is naked and exposed to Quinn without Liam's reassuring and comforting arms supporting her. Never mind about that chase of the century in Monaco:

tumblr_mlkkvvTuOT1r3gb3zo1_400.gif

That led to Steffy viciously slapping Quinn. 

Steffy is disgusting. And sickening. And infuriating. Her granddad has called her bluff, but she still soldiers on with the same ole litany of "Quinn made me do it!" Bitch. Wyatt never had a chance under the crushing weight of her and Liam's cosmic love. The tragedies these two poor tortured souls have had to endure to secure their love is too much. First there was Hope, and all her machinations. I mean, the girl would stop at nothing in order to get Steffy out of the way..........Oh, wait......shut my mouth, that was actually Steffy doing the heavy lifting in order to secure her love affair with Liam. But Quinn sure has interfered in Steffy's and Liam's relationship. Except, I really can't recall what she did. Well, there was that trip to Paris when she got Steffy to come back to LA and tell Liam she wasn't barren. But Liam was with Hope, and he wasn't interested in rekindling anything with Steffy at the time. I am hesitant to throw Captive Cabin in here because Liam had already kicked Steffy to the curb before all that, so there really wasn't much of a romance going on. The more I think about it, the more I realize that Liam and Steffy don't know how to be in a relationship, and are doomed to fuck it up every time they get together. But the important thing is to keep reminding everyone that it wasn't their fault. They have a cosmic connection. They are special. 

I am losing my patience with Wyatt. I do feel for the guy, but now I just want him to wake up and realize that this is only the beginning. No husband should have to deal with a wife that keeps adding amendments and codicils to their wedding vows. Steffy was fine with Quinn on their wedding day. She was fine with Quinn until she heard that she had fucked Liam. The rotten little bitch is jealous. That is all it is. When she is ranting about all the stuff Quinn has done to her, it is all about the Waffle poking his little pecker in Quinn. I hate her. Wyatt needs to understand what he has married, and that this behavior will not stop. If Steffy doesn't get her way she acts out. And she didn't get her way by trying to control her granddad, so she is having a tantrum and has stormed off in a huff. But she is showing Quinn a thing or two or three. That's right. Steffy is a toughass, and will show the whole flippin world that she will stand firmly on her principles by staying away from her husband, and going to have candlelit, romantic evenings with the Waffle. Did I say I hate her? Here Puffy, take this pin and go start deflating shit, and you might start with that over inflated ego. 

12 hours ago, grisgris said:

So Ivy more or less came back to confirm the gossip she'd heard about "Uncle Eric." Then suddenly, she misses L.A. and then it progressed to that Australia didn't foster her creativity enough. (Seriously?) OK, whatever. We get it. She was brought back solely to run interference between Steffy and Wyatt and do Quinn's biddings as she sees fit. What a disappointment. Right. It didn't make any sense that she would approach Quinn first and not Eric.

In total agreement. A complete disappointment. I hope the whole friggin thing backfires and Wyatt and Ivy grow closer. It would also be nice if he or Ivy witness one of Steffy and Liam's private moments and see them kissing and hugging. Maybe that would be enough to send Wyatt in another direction. I don't care how it happens, but I want to see those cosmic lovers reunited. Didn't Liam ask Wyatt how many chances he had had? Well Bucko, the same thing could be asked of you; a twenty something with what, about ten marriages under your belt? And how many of those were with Steffy? Oh yes, please let these to ingrates reunite so we can watch them rediscover how to self implode. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

"I know you couldn't have done anything, but....you didn't do anything!!"  She's such a manipulative bitch.  

And she calls Quinn manipulative!  She inherited the hypocrite gene from Mommy!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Did I say I hate her? Here Puffy, take this pin and go start deflating shit, and you might start with that over inflated ego. 

I hate her. 

I loved this whole post, but I picked out my very favorites.  I have a feeling you hate her :)

• Love 15

The joy of being cable free means that sometimes my OTA recordings suffer from reception issues.  Luckily I don't think I missed much in the pixelated first 7 or 8 minutes.  It was nice to see Ivy again though - even if the writing for her doesn't seem to have improved.  I thought Quinn and Ivy had a decent rapport in the past.  (Once the bridge tossing was dealt with.)  

I know 2 brothers fighting over the same woman is a soap staple but it helps if the woman in question is worth fighting over.  I've decided Wyatt is so desperate to keep Steffy because he is afraid that he could lose #1 son status without her.  At least that makes some kind of sense.  (ETA:  not my original thought but not sure who brought it up originally.) 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 6

Amen to every word of your post, RuntheTable!

I don't care if a woman is lying on your bed, legs spread, your favorite beer chilling next to her, with a perfectly made Joey Tribbiani approved sammich for afterwards....if she is married, it's no bueno. Full stop. And yet we have Liam setting up these little romantic scenes, actively instigating Steffy to cheat on Wyatt with him because at the very least, they are having an emotional affair.

But Steffy is a grown-ass woman who knows better despite Liam's full-court-press, she gets zero passes from me.

Eric said it best when he called her out on her real motivation where Quinn is concerned - it gives her (in her mind) an opening to explore what could be with Liam (which, girl please, you've only had about a dozen chances to explore the vacant space that is Liam).

As for Ivy, while I love seeing her back and letting bygones be bygones with Quinn, I would much rather see her go to Wyatt, admit she was as childish and stupid as Steffy is being now, and that she realizes (likely too late, she fears) what she had in Wyatt...and that he gives her another chance. Because if all her return is amounts to her being the crazy interloper role, I am having none of that, no sir.

Also, as much as it pains me to say this, between her awful ombre done wrong hair color with frayed ends and the tanned face that doesn't quite match the rest of her, Ivy looks rough. It's like TPTB are trying to have her out-Puffy Puffy by giving her Steffy's old look.

Ashleigh is a strikingly beautiful woman (who could pass for a young Liz Taylor) - please, please, please TPTB, let her return to her fresh-faced, gorgeous dark locked-self.

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 13

Yeah, Ivy looks a hot mess. I hate that hair. What is wrong with these girls? Hate that Steffy is piling on the makeup again and I really don't like those stupid bangs that Quinn is so not rocking. I hope that Sasha doesn't let them mess with her hair,

• Love 10
2 hours ago, tessaray said:

I know 2 brothers fighting over the same woman is a soap staple but it helps if the woman in question is worth fighting over.  I've decided Wyatt is so desperate to keep Steffy because he is afraid that he could lose #1 son status without her.  At least that makes some kind of sense.  (ETA:  not my original thought but not sure who brought it up originally.) 

I could buy that.  It's always been obvious that Bill wants to vicariously fuck her through one of his sons.  So I could totally see that being why Wyatt would want her.  He's always felt like "the other son" to Liam's golden boy.  And it's backed up by him wanting Liam's house after he landed Steffy.  He wants to be the golden boy.  

Liam was gross today.  "I know you can't encourage me, but I can encourage you."  Shut the fuck up waffle, before I drown you in syrup and feed you to the bear that hangs out the Forrester cabin.  

• Love 11

I'm just pissed that the show reaired the scene of Katie in her bra & panties, lookin' all smokin' hot, while I was at lunch, scarfing down leftover spaghetti & Mt. Dew. Thanks, B&B, just the diet motivation I needed, for tomorrow, of course. 

• Love 6

Bill and Liam are as thirsty as a alcoholic that needs a drink.  I had to laugh, at Bill, because his words, to Brooke, were more like begging than professing his love.  

Brooke told Ridge she wasn't going to marry Bill and betray Eric until Bill kissed her and her golden cooter started to twitch.  

• Love 2

I can see why Ivy would be on Quinn's side, Quinn only tried to kill her once.

At least Ivy's hair looked a little better today, it's a shame the character will be misused again.

Who'll be back first Thorne or that dude from Y&R who was Katie's doctor that one day ?

• Love 8

More evidence today that TPTB read our boards. Take note of Bill offering Katie "cold waffles." Ha! Ha! Ha! What would have been funnier was if when Bill lifted the cloche it had been Liam's head on the silver platter.  A little "Godfather"-esque flavor would certainly shake things up!

I'm totally in the dark as to why Katie keeps needling Ridge about getting back together with Brooke. Surely she isn't reconsidering her position with Bill is she? The only other thing I can think of is that she just really wants to stick it to Bill by pushing for a Bridge reunion. That would more or less leave him out in the cold.

Enough of Ridge's whining about Steffy. If I were the CEO of a company and the president refused to come to work because she didn't like another employee (with a subordinate position, nonetheless) I'd fire her ass in a heartbeat -- nepotism be damned!

I think that Ivy's odd appearance is part of the SL.  (OK. I cheated and watched Friday's preview.) Yeah. She looked a little better today but she's a complete mismatch. From the neck up, she looks like a rough-hewn California-girl wannabee and the rest of her looks very London/European.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

More evidence today that TPTB read our boards. Take note of Bill offering Katie "cold waffles." Ha! Ha! Ha! What would have been funnier was if when Bill lifted the cloche it had been Liam's head on the silver platter.  A little "Godfather"-esque flavor would certainly shake things up!

I know, I thought the same thing...they DO read these boards! Cold waffles...cracked me up!!

3 hours ago, grisgris said:

If I were the CEO of a company and the president refused to come to work because she didn't like another employee (with a subordinate position, nonetheless) I'd fire her ass in a heartbeat

I can't believe how immature & unprofessional they all are at FC.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, grisgris said:

I'm totally in the dark as to why Katie keeps needling Ridge about getting back together with Brooke. Surely she isn't reconsidering her position with Bill is she? The only other thing I can think of is that she just really wants to stick it to Bill by pushing for a Bridge reunion. That would more or less leave him out in the cold.

This could be Katie's way of screwing with Ridge (using her misfortune to divorce to maneuver for $Bill's stock) , Brooke (insinuating herself into Katie and $Bill's marriage again, and lying non-stop about it) and $Bill (for pretending all his lying, cheating, selfish behavior was entirely in her imagination or her fault, and taking Will away to punish her).

Katie can poke at Ridge's historic antagonism toward $Bill, and failure at not getting the controlling interest in Forrester Creations through her divorce agreement. Pointing out that $Bill will demand Brooke be with him after signing the divorce agreement, has put Ridge on the defense -- Spoiling for a fight and desperate to control FC again.

Katie can tweak at Brooke's guilt at being the catalyst for her divorce, effectively having her waver back and forth with $Bill. Brooke getting her hands on the stock means she can secure Rick's position at FC, while assisting Ridge with his attractive plan to have her work by his side once usurping Eric. Brooke's not entirely on board with being bribed into marriage by $Bill or being pimped out by Ridge to get the stock; some activities are unsavory, even for Brooke. Who would have guessed that?

The big smile for Katie will be putting up roadblocks to $Bill's palpable desire for Brooke, after having him sign away part of his fortune to divest himself of his inconvenient wife. She can frustrate $Bill's future plans with Brooke by playing Ridge and Brooke directly.

• Love 9
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 1:03 PM, AussieBabe said:

And it took Quinn all of a week to revert back to meddling and pass interference. I'm 98% sure she's about to "use" Ivy to keep Liam and Fishwife apart.

I don't think Ivy is going to need very much to convincing in pursuing Liam.

Ivy's been one of those malleable B&B female characters who's been with Wyatt, Thomas and married to Liam in her first 14 months on Show.

• Love 6

Is it wrong that I got a little teary-eyed along with Katie during the divorce signing?  I thought that segment was actually pretty good. It hit the right notes, love, regret, sadness, etc. and for about 10 seconds Bill was actually kind of human. 

I don't think wardrobe likes AB.  She's gorgeous but those 2 dresses aren't very flattering.  And the hair? Oh well... at least it grows out eventually. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I don't think Ivy is going to need very much to convincing in pursuing Liam.

Ivy's been one of those malleable B&B female characters who's been with Wyatt, Thomas and married to Liam in her first 14 months on Show.

Ivy/Thomas happened when I was beginning to seriously disengage with B&B, so I don't really know much of what went on, other than some people were pretty grossed out.  But IMO, AB would be better off in a Tasha triangle. (That's how much I dislike both Liam and Wyatt these days.)     

• Love 3

I don't understand. Liam shows up with a morning ambush of coffee and bullshit, to apologize for his prior evening's candlelight and roses ambush, and Steffy is like "Oh, you aren't the problem." So, then, is she saying to Liam to keep romancing her? I thought she was still considering herself married to Wyatt. Further confusing me were Liam's remarks about Steffy refusing to be beaten and not to compromise with Quinn? And if she did that a door would open and he would be standing there? WTF? How does Wyatt factor into that logic? But once again, instead of honoring her marital status, Steffy encourages Liam by saying she could wait for him. I am so done with these two. They are disgusting. All their talk about honor and dignity and doing the right thing. Steffy is just like her Gansta Grandma, who did everything in the name of family and ethics, but that didn't change the fact that she was a violent, possessive, gun toting sociopath. 

Now that was some good stuff with Bill and Katie. See Heather, you can do things other than be a sourpuss who uses sarcasm as a weapon. And crying of course. I can take Katie crying like that; no histrionics, no sweeping proclamations, no hysteria. Just real feeling and sentiment. It was good, and yes, I was teared up. More than a little. It felt real and genuine. 

All the same, I still believe Katie is working some master plan. Something has been off with her since she did her Inspector Detector work on the Douglas issue. Now all this interest in Ridge and Brooke. I guess it could just be her desire to know if Brooke is leaning towards reuniting with Bill, or if Ridge has suddenly been reawakened to the magic of the Golden Cooter. 

And this is why I love Brooke. The only one expressing any concern with how this will effect Eric. I am not convinced she will do Ridge's bidding if she gets those shares. And what is Ridge's stance here exactly? I don't think he really gives a flying fig about Brooke and her decision regarding Bill. I think Ridge has his eye on the prize, and knows if he gets majority shares, Eric will be out and will have no authority. And it makes me mad. Once again, Ridge is using Brooke, and she will look like the traitor to Eric because she went after Bill's shares. It wouldn't surprise me if Ridge let Eric think it was all Brooke and that he didn't approach her about the shares at all. 

I don't get the feeling that Quinn is going to be exercising her normal routine of trying to get Liam's attention away from Wyatt's woman. Something feels different. Quinn seems genuinely conflicted, but if she knows what is good for her, she will butt out. And really, all this hullabaloo over a woman who is blackmailing her mother-in-law? A woman who is married but living separately from her husband, and is allowing herself to be romanced by her ex, letting him hold her and kiss her, and is now encouraging him to continue? A woman who makes unfair and nonsensical demands of her husband? A man who worships the ground his ungrateful wretch of a wife walks on? What are they seeing in this person that is so worth saving Wyatt's marriage? Don't they realize that you shouldn't have to work this hard? That marriage isn't, and shouldn't, be about ultimatums and temper tantrums? Who would want to be married to someone like that, and who would want them for their son? 

Ivy's hair looked much better, but she looks "off" in general. I wonder if AB was away because she was sick? 

I loved that dress Brooke was wearing.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

Now that was some good stuff with Bill and Katie. See Heather, you can do things other than be a sourpuss who uses sarcasm as a weapon. 

And really, all this hullabaloo over a woman who is blackmailing her mother-in-law? A woman who is married but living separately from her husband, and is allowing herself to be romanced by her ex, letting him hold her and kiss her, and is now encouraging him to continue? A woman who makes unfair and nonsensical demands of her husband? A man who worships the ground his ungrateful wretch of a wife walks on? What are they seeing in this person that is so worth saving Wyatt's marriage? Don't they realize that you shouldn't have to work this hard? That marriage isn't, and shouldn't, be about ultimatums and temper tantrums? Who would want to be married to someone like that, and who would want them for their son? 

To your 1st point...Katie saves pretty much all of her sourpuss, sarcastic, lemonhead antics for Brooke and Brooke alone.  I mean, I would too, being that Brooke bopped Bill over the head caveman-style, force fed him Viagra, and made him leave Katie.  

As for the bolded part, that is exactly my issue!  If Quinn wants Wyatt to be happy, she should want him away from a shrieky, demanding spoiled brat who would use marriage as blackmail.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, tessaray said:

Ivy/Thomas happened when I was beginning to seriously disengage with B&B, so I don't really know much of what went on, other than some people were pretty grossed out.  But IMO, AB would be better off in a Tasha triangle. (That's how much I dislike both Liam and Wyatt these days.)     

Ivy/Thomas was so blink and you miss it quick. They had, what, one kiss? But then she was still hung up over the Golden Peen anyway. I don't know what TIIC were thinking.

11 hours ago, tessaray said:

Is it wrong that I got a little teary-eyed along with Katie during the divorce signing?  I thought that segment was actually pretty good. It hit the right notes, love, regret, sadness, etc. and for about 10 seconds Bill was actually kind of human. 

They're the only couple on the show that predates 2010. For B&B, that's practically a lifetime.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

But once again, instead of honoring her marital status, Steffy encourages Liam by saying she could wait for him

Oh noes, Steffy has inherited Ridge's waffle gene :p

Naw, I shouldn't insult Ridge like that. He actually cared for both women, whereas it's obvious who Steffy wants to be with.

• Love 5

On a shallow note, Ivy looked much better today-hair and wardrobe. Why is Brooke looking so frumpy, old ladyish lately? She used to be so chic and stylish. I wish she'd cut her hair into something cute and updated. 

• Love 10

Today was the level of Quinnsanity I can enjoy. Scheming, not psychotic. And I like that Ivy caught right on to what she was up to. And really, she looks better in Steffy drag than Steffy does. Shame it'll be wasted on Chicken & Waffles.

Pretty much ignored everything else because it involved Steffy/Liam and Brooke/Bill. Both mute/skip for me. 

• Love 9

I wish Wyatt would just turn around and walk out the door. Just tell his so-called wife that if this is how you want it, then fine. Let her go back to Waffles and then 2 minutes later when he sees Ivy he'll probably run straight to her.

I liked Wyatt and Ivy, I rather they reunite. 

That is one ugly engagement ring, but i guess kudos for it being thoughtful and unique.

• Love 14

Does Soccer star RJ still have his honorary sword necklace that $Bill sent him one of the times Brill was supposed to happen? 

At least Ivy had a chance to condition her hair. And does Quinn really want her to lose her "accent?" Anyway... MAKEOVER MONTAGE!!! Woo hooooo!  

And we're Chicken and Waffles fighting over that rag doll Steffy with the Exact Same Dialog months ago? There's been no movement in that story? Chicken has spent about 90 percent of his 'marriage' trying to convince his wife not to run away with her ex. Let it go, let it go... become one with the wind and sky....

• Love 13

I'm so hoping this is a swerve from the obvious, & the show is having Quinn get Ivy all Steffy-ed-up (which is silly, because Ivy >Steffy by a long shot) & will push for Wyatt/Ivy instead of Liam/Ivy. Ugh, if any plastered-makeup, fried-hair, inexplicably-arrogant girl ever dares treat my son like he's beneath her like Steffy treats Wyatt, she'll definitely see a side of this Mama Bear that very few people see, & I'm not even Quinnsane, or if I am, it's undiagnosed. Come on, Quinn, you know Wyatt deserves someone who will put him first. Maybe Ivy learned her Waffles-lesson, let's find out. 

On yesterday's show, maybe $Bill was offering Katie a chilled waffle because she'll be partaking in her own waffle soon. 

• Love 9

I also think that Brooke looked frumpy. Her dress was hideous and so was the engagement ring. Friggin Ridge, he would let Brooke marry Bill just to get what he wants. I'm more convinced than ever that Ridge cares more about being CEO, once again, than getting Quinn out of FC. Like Father like daughter, Quinn is the scape goat to get what they truly want. Beside the ultimate manipulator, Steffy is the queen of ultimatums.  Steffy never confessed to tackling Quinn not slapping her to the ground. So in my estimation, it's Steffy one Quinn zero in bring dangerous. 

Wyatt should just start singing "Let It Go" to Steffy. I'm not talking about the Frozen song. I'm talking about the James Bay's song.  

"But we're sleeping at the edge

Holding something we don't need    

All this delusion in our heads.      

It's going to bring us to our knees    

So come on let it go 

Just let it be                                

Why don't you be you 

And I'll be me

Everything that's broke  Leave it to the breeze

Why don't you be you        

And I'll be me"

Loved the Ivy make over sequence but Quinn, the accent has to stay. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 11

Word to that. That frock Brooke was wearing was hideous. I think it was a blouse and skirt. In any case, it was F-U-G-L-Y and did KKL no favors.

I wonder how KKL and DD could keep straight faces when Bill whipped out that cheesy sword engagement ring. I laughed and laughed when Brooke stepped back and gazed lovingly and longingly all the way up and down at Bill and said, "My sword." Ha! Ha! Ha!

Quinn's makeover of Ivy reminded me of "Grease," when the Pink Ladies gave Sandy a makeover. I really didn't think that Ivy looked that much different afterward. Ivy looked great the last time she was on and all the young ladies were wearing those form fitting sleeveless dresses in the vivid jewel colors.  It would be one thing if Quinn was going to launch Ivy on some unsuspecting newbie, but both Liam and Wyatt know Ivy well and I think will be more puzzled than intrigued with her becoming a Steffy clone. They obviously liked her the way she was -- accent and all.

There goes Katie again trying to bait Ridge into sniffing around Brooke. If he does that and somehow prevents Brooke from going through with the marriage to Bill, he can kiss those FC shares goodbye.  I know that Brooke is up to something under the radar, but is Katie in on the joke?

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, Ladybugnine said:

OMG what was that tacky schmatta Brooke had on?!? Satin is so unforgiving as it is, it made her look frumpy, lumpy, and dumpy! Yuck!

So scary, was that satiny fugly ensemble.  I feel bad for us because we know they will flash back to it for the next year!  She looked lovely in the corally pink dress she wore earlier this week.  That should have been the proposal dress.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, grisgris said:

There goes Katie again trying to bait Ridge into sniffing around Brooke.

I swear Katie is almost as insufferable as Steffy.  Maybe that's why Bill was attracted to both of them.

• Love 8

Several of my fellow posters have touched on a scenario I would like to see:

Quinn will fool us all by having Ivy try to reconcile with Wyatt, leaving the Waffle and the Brat to their own devices. After several weeks the cosmic lovers will be looking at each other blankly, wondering what it was they thought they had, while Ivy and Wyatt will be deliriously happy. Wyatt will file for divorce and Steffy will not sign right away, causing Liam to start questioning Steffy's loyalties and her feelings for Wyatt. Quinn and Ivy are a huge success at FC's, and get along off duty as well. Wyatt and Ivy spend a lot of evenings at the Forrester Manse having dinner with Eric and Quinn, who continue their relationship uneventfully. Brooke marries Bill, gets the shares and gives them to Eric. Ridge is furious, but Brooke tells him she talked with Eric and Quinn, and maybe she was being a bit premature. She also tells Ridge that Eric is happier than he has been in years, and Quinn does seem devoted to him. She then reminds Ridge of her words when he was questioning her feelings for Bill "I don't believe in worthiness. You are who you are, and you love who you love. Those are two of the absolute truths in this world, and if you don't listen to that, you're gonna be miserable." Katie continues her random visits to Ridge, and they have begun to grow close. After Brooke leaves, a devastated Ridge calls Katie and asks if he can come over to her new place. Hence the beginning of Ridge/Katie round two. Caroline calls Thomas from New York and tells him that Douglas has a "Soap Opera Disorder" and is going to require surgery, so she is coming back to LA so Thomas can be with him too. It is discovered that neither Caroline or Thomas has Douglas's blood type, and that Ridge is Douglas's bio dad. Caroline wants to reconcile with Ridge, but he has fallen back in love with Katie.

After a few weeks of Steffy's jealous ranting, Liam tells her that maybe she should just go back to Wyatt. She tells him she doesn't know what she wants and goes to live in the guest house on the Forrester Estate, because Thomas and Sasha have become a full blown couple, and Thomas has been hinting that he might ask Sasha to move in with him. Everyone has been forced to eat their words about Quinn and Eric, as they continue on without any talk of matrimony, and there has been no upheavals in anyone's life due to Quinn. Brooke grows increasingly impressed with Quinn's work ethic, and her devotion to Eric, and they start to bury the hatchet. During this time, Deacon's body is discovered, and an investigation ensues. Quinn starts to realize that Deacon has been a figment of her imagination, and that she did kill him. Her changed mentality makes her unable to keep the truth to herself, and she decides she must confess her crime. When Lt. Baker comes calling, Quinn is ready for him, but she gets the shock of her life when the good Lt. tells her that they discovered a camp site not far from her former cabin. The stuff they found was Deacon's, and they found the location where he fell because there was clothing caught on the cliff. Quinn thinks she is really losing it, but starts having flashbacks, and realizes that she only imagined pushing Deacon off the cliff. She was so desperate to get rid of him in order to keep her Adam, that she was mentally envisioning offing her former husband. The Lt. goes on to say that some boaters had seen Deacon sitting on the edge of the cliff, and the police had found empty whiskey bottles laying around the cliff edge, so the speculation was that Deacon was drunk and fell. This is a major turning point for Quinn. Steffy is coming completely undone because nothing is working out; her grandfather is still with Quinn and nothing bad has happened, Quinn is still working at FC's, and is helping the bottom line, Liam is cold shouldering her, Wyatt is civil, but clearly doesn't want her back. Out of desperation Steffy goes to Bill who says he isn't getting involved. He tells Steffy that she is going to have to work this out with his sons. After several attempts to get through to Bill, Steffy asks him to come to the guest house and attempts to seduce Bill, telling him he can have what he has always wanted if he will talk to Liam. Bill tells Steffy that he is tempted, but he already has what he has always wanted.

RJ returns to LA.....

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, bannana said:

So scary, was that satiny fugly ensemble.  I feel bad for us because we know they will flash back to it for the next year!  She looked lovely in the corally pink dress she wore earlier this week.  That should have been the proposal dress.

With everything she could choose to wear from the racks of FC, Brooke chooses to wear something from the rack of Chelsea 2.0. I don't know where Bill bought that hideous engagement ring but Quinn could have done a much better job in her sleep. 

• Love 6

I thought it was just me noticing the frumpy clothing KKL has been sporting for a while actually. I mean, shit. She's not 25 anymore, but Brooke *is* a gorgeous fifty-something in LA of all places. Stephanie was about the same age as Brooke is (maybe even a bit younger!) when the show started and she was dressed to the nines in what passed for flattering in the 80s

I could forgive the limp hair, but not the both of these things together.

• Love 9

I was puzzled by the Ivy makeover.  She didn't just fall off the turnip truck.  This is a girl from a rich family and she's even been a FC model herself.  (Briefly.)  Oh well... harmless, I guess.  

It was fun seeing Brooke in Ridge's flashback montage.  Was that the infamous red power suit Brooke in one clip? 

• Love 3

I'm still trying to figure out why Ridge & Caroline ended so freaking abruptly. (Was this the only  story they could come up with for LG's time off? ) I mean it's not like the two of them didn't know  that Thomas is (supposedly- for now anyhow) Douglas's father. They spun the rape nite so quickly into "consensual sex nite" (even though Caroline was clearly out of it) that there was hardly a breath between that & Ridge & Caro deciding to split. What the everloving heck is up with that?

Suddenly Ridge & Brooke are all besties again...just in time for him to ask her to work $Bill for the shares....I am so tired of the story lines doing 180º's just when I get invested in them.

As to all the Steffy/Liam crap...I agree with everyone upthread saying how repetitive & annoying their dialog is. I am so sick of Liam sniffing around Steffy...but then she did the same thing to him when he was with Hope- clearly their pattern- can't be together & can't be apart. I've come to the conclusion they are made for each other and hope they live dysfunctionally ever after- together. Free Wyatt to  get with Ivy. (I wonder how long the actress is staying this time...)

At least this time Quinn isn't attempting murder. ;-)

Did find the Katie/Bill divorce signing really well done. (Wish those writers would do more stories.)

I also hope the writers take some ideas from Run the Table (nice one btw)...certainly way more original than what we've been seeing.

• Love 5

I keep trying to find logic in Stephie's actions.  (I know, I know).  

How is divorcing Wyatt going to get Quinn out of her life?

Quinn is hitting the sheets with her Grandpa, living in the family home, and working at Forrester. So unless Stephie quits Forrester, never attends a family holiday, and never sees Eric again, Quinn is still going to be around.

I wish Wyatt would grow some balls and file for divorce himself.

• Love 11

You know, I can see the family being all up in arms about Quinn and Eric, though it isn't very flattering to Eric (who is in his right mind but just directionless for a while).  I imagine for wealthy families, this is a real thing - older, vulnerable guy finds new life with younger, very inappropriate woman. There could have been some tense scenes with Wyatt and Steffy, where that family conflict spilled over into their relationship, with Liam conveniently around to comfort her.  They didn't really need to subject us to Steffy's stupidly imagined hysteria about Quinn to get where they wanted to go. 

I miss Loading Dock Guy.  Brooke/LDG was my favorite couple after the late, lamented CaRidge. 

• Love 11

Liam: "Steffy won't stand for it."

Me: "Good, then you can both take a seat, I've had enough anyway quite frankly."

Not for nothing but the majority of the B&B survey for me was spent lamenting the fact that I've dedicated so much of my TV viewing life to these gigantic tools.

Oh where is my Sasha and Thomas! *Sigh

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 10

I love Chickenhead, but his current SL is boring the crap out of me.   DB deserves better than this lather/rinse/repeat writing.

Either:

Have Wyatt start acting like the son of Quinnsane Fuller and $Bill Spencer, sack the fuck up already, and actually DO something about Quinn, Liam, AND Steffy...

Or:

Have Wyatt, Steffy, and Caroline leave Forrester and start up the Spencer fashion house.  (I'm still pissed they teased us with that and it never happened.)

ETA: as fun as the Quinn/Ivy makeover montage was, the idea that Ashleigh Brewer - the most stereotypically beautiful woman they've had on B&B in recent memory - needed one defies belief.  GTFO with that nonsense.

• Love 16
46 minutes ago, photo fox said:

I love Chickenhead, but his current SL is boring the crap out of me.   DB deserves better than this lather/rinse/repeat writing.

Either:

Have Wyatt start acting like the son of Quinnsane Fuller and $Bill Spencer, sack the fuck up already, and actually DO something about Quinn, Liam, AND Steffy...

Or:

Have Wyatt, Steffy, and Caroline leave Forrester and start up the Spencer fashion house.  (I'm still pissed they teased us with that and it never happened.)

ETA: as fun as the Quinn/Ivy makeover montage was, the idea that Ashleigh Brewer - the most stereotypically beautiful woman they've had on B&B in recent memory - needed one defies belief.  GTFO with that nonsense.

Agreed on all counts. Good grief. Just give us Wivy and enough of this nonsense, I have longed for the day when Liam took a backseat to a scheming Wyatt.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

I'm still trying to figure out why Ridge & Caroline ended so freaking abruptly. (Was this the only  story they could come up with for LG's time off? ) I mean it's not like the two of them didn't know  that Thomas is (supposedly- for now anyhow) Douglas's father. They spun the rape nite so quickly into "consensual sex nite" (even though Caroline was clearly out of it) that there was hardly a breath between that & Ridge & Caro deciding to split. What the everloving heck is up with that?

Mind you, this is the show that's given us Taylor waking up in love with Ridge--twice. And don't get us started about Brooke/Thorne.

I can't even be surprised after that rubbish.

• Love 3