Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tricknasty said:

GTFOH with RJ calling that ring ugly. He gladly accepted the sword necklace and wore it and didn't call it ugly. Wardrobe forgot to put it around his neck today.

Sword necklace is dope. Sword ring...isn't.

Also lil RJ is now Gen Z teen RJ. He's got a better sense of style. ;)

1 hour ago, grisgris said:

Of course, this would never happen, but how about RJ needing a blood marrow donation (or some other cliched situation) and it turns out that he's really Nick's CHILD after all. 

And you'd kill 2 birds with one stone by them also needing to test Douglas and Thomas and that paternity confirmed or blown to hell as well.

If Thomas couldn't be a gay Forrester son (and seriously was that a missed boat) I want RJ to be the one to come out. I wonder if the reason they haven't made any additional casting announcements for his age group is because they're still working out how they want to proceed with him and/or they want to keep it secret for a 'big reveal' like with Maya. It'd finally give Ridge and Brooke something to deal with as a family, you'd have issues of possible hate crimes against their son, and Maya could be a role model for him in how to live your life honestly, etc and also give Brooke/Vivienne and Ridge/Julius potential scenes (although I think Ridge would actually be pretty accepting since he marched in that gay pride parade).  Then the fun begins with giving him a love interest! My money is on the classmate he always preferred to spend the holidays with rather than come home.

• Love 6

I'm willing to withhold judgment on RJ for now and I 100% agree with him on the fugly-ass ring, but I have a feeling I'm going to be hating this kid before long.

And seriously, what IS it with TPTB having grown-ass kids clamoring for their stick a fork in them they are DONE dysfunction junction parents to be back together? It would seem RJ is picking up with the Taytots put down only swap Teflon Taylor for Brooke.

I knew I was a consummate fool to enjoy the little conversations between Ridge and Brooke of late because sure enough, as soon as she is happy and in love and thisclose to being committed to another man, Ridge just has to come round again to add her's to his jar of hearts.

Christina Perri's song perfectly sums up the Bridge relationship:

I know I can't take one more step towards you
'Cause all that's waiting is regret
Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore
You lost the love I loved the most

I learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And who do you think you are?
Runnin' 'round leaving scars
Collecting your jar of hearts
And tearing love apart
You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are?

I hear you're asking all around
If I am anywhere to be found
But I have grown too strong
To ever fall back in your arms

And I've learned to live half alive
And now you want me one more time

And tearing love apart

And it took so long just to feel alright
Remember how to put back the light in my eyes
I wish I had missed the first time that we kissed
'Cause you broke all your promises
And now you're back
You don't get to get me back

And tearing love apart
Don't come back at all

Tearing love apart
Don't come back for me
Don't come back at all

And seeing Bill so happy...could the anvils be any more obvious.

I can only hope that the Bridge nonsense is a red herring and that not only will Brill wed but Brooke will keep the shares and side with Eric and a seeing-the-light Rick and tell Ridge and his daughter to go kick rocks and put RJ to bed without any supper.

• Love 9

Ugh, can someone recap the last segment for me? Apparently the storm in our area was worse than I thought & it knocked off our cable right before the last segment. I wish they would've saved all the Steffy stuff & put it all in the last segment, then I wouldn't care that I missed it. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, jenrising said:

RJ! RJ! RJ!

If he has to join the tradition of children ridiculously invested in their parents' love lives, at least he does it reading Bill for filth. 

The same Bill whom he happily buddied up to just a year or so back, including accepting and proudly wearing his very own sword necklace?

And before this smart-mouthed brat reads Bill for filth, he needs to hold up a mirror to his dear old dad.

• Love 9

It was longer than that...like, three years?

This is like the ultimate Kobayashi Maru of B&B: I really hate Bridge and the way their childish, selfish behavior destroyed many a character along with Brooke's own self esteem. But I also really, really, really hate that the one man who seemed immune to Brooke's bullshit is madly in love with her. WTF happened to Dr. Holden and the guy that played Katie's shrink?

I guess I'll stick with cheering RJ if he tells his Tridge sibs to STFU and leave him out of their idiot plan to pimp Brooke to Bill. If he gets around to chewing Rick for blaming Ridge for everything from global warming to their pet dog dying of cancer, that'll be a bonus.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I knew I was a consummate fool to enjoy the little conversations between Ridge and Brooke of late because sure enough, as soon as she is happy and in love and thisclose to being committed to another man, Ridge just has to come round again to add her's to his jar of hearts.

Added bonus...Bill gets to act completely out of character and tells Alison he'll demand that Brooke stays away from Ridge.  He knows they have RJ & that such a request makes as much sense as Brooke insisting that he stays away from Katie.

• Love 6

Not that it's all that important in the scheme of things but the Ridge doing everything except pissing on RJ happened in 2014. So not that long ago.

It just revealed Ridge's hypocrisy that he thought he should have full access to play stepdaddy in shining armor to Will but Bill needed to keep his pinky-ring wearing mitts off of RJ.

• Love 10
45 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

The same Bill whom he happily buddied up to just a year or so back, including accepting and proudly wearing his very own sword necklace?

And before this smart-mouthed brat reads Bill for filth, he needs to hold up a mirror to his dear old dad.

Well, I already know that that is not going to happen!  After all, Brooke and Ridge's other cheerleaders have worked overtime convincing everyone for years that Ridge-Pen is the best father ever.  It doesn't matter that he willfully abandoned the Tridge nuggets to pursue Brooke full time.  It doesn't matter that RJ is only important to him depending on what man is in Brooke's life.  I remember that he was happily married to Taylor after Stephanie's faked heart attack, and he all but ignored RJ.  It wasn't until Brooke committed to Nick that Ridge-Pen started sniffing around her again, beating his chest and bleating about "my son." 

And, the shenanigans with baby Dougie?  Puh-leeze! There was a logical explanation for all of that and Ridge-Pen was willing to kill to keep his little fambly intact.  After all, he was all set to help Katie raise Will (a/k/a "the boy") and happily inserted himself into her custody and visitation issues with Bill.  Yet, he fixed his mouth to tell Bill (who is apparently Satan's representative on earth) that he was too evil to be around his son.  Did Ridge-Pen ever get around to explaining to RJ the strange journey he made from Aunt Katie's bed to Caroline 2.0's in the space of about a year?  

Same old shit, different decade.

• Love 7

One point of order: Ridge never abandoned his kids with Taylor. If anything, he abandoned Rick and Bridget after Thomas was born because Taylor all but threatened to keep the baby away if he didn't. He was happily married to Brooke when Taylor came back from the dead and kicked her to the curve after the Big Bear Boink with James came up and he read her for the hypocrite that she is.

But word to everything else.

• Love 1

I know that as viewers of soaps, that we must:  A. Be willing to suspend our disbelief (in spades on B&B), B. Forget huge chunks of the past and C. Accept the fact that there are only about 2-3 possible storylines to work from ever (fewer in BB's case.) Anyway, what is gnawing at me to no end are these completely confusing and conflicting conversations with Bridge and the Brat.

First of all, RJ acting so WTF, shocked and appalled that Brooke could possibly be engaged to Bill just doesn't make any sense. Seriously, do these people not ever communicate with their child? His mother is Brooke friggin' Logan, FFS.  I know he was pretty young at the time, but surely he has some recollection of the "Daddy Nick" or "Daddy Ridge" days.  Why would it seem so out of left field that she'd reunite with Bill? (That's par for the course for the GC.) RJ knew that they'd previously been engaged, so what's with the "I'm blindsided," BS? So, one could say that parents don't typically air their dirty laundry or intimate details of their personal lives with their kids. However, wasn't one of RJ's (illogical) arguments that Stephanie kept those two apart (or tried to) forever, therefore  now is their time.  He even said that they told him themselves.  I don't get it.

Secondly, when RJ went into the communal office, Brooke and Sludge weren't in each others arms or hugging it out or whatever he smarted off to $Bill. They were sort of perched on the edge of the desk. To me, it looked more awkward and uncomfortable than intimate and madly in love. Whatever. He's a teenager. I was really glad when Bill started to put him in his place. I could only imagine what he would further said and done had not Brooke walked in.

Good! Rabid dog and her yes-man brother have now caught a whiff of possible dissension from RJ. She'll be all over that one and maybe it will throw her off Quinn's trail. Speaking of, Quinn sure is priming Ivy. She's starting to get pretty smug too, with the constant admiringly gazing at her 8-karat rock and "casual" statements that Steffy's time is coming.

Ivy looked great today. I have to say that even though Quinn's idea for a makeover doesn't make much sense, Ivy certainly is benefiting from it.

• Love 5

More one trick pony from writers phoning it in.  Need a little problem?  Have a son/daughter/granddaughter piss and moan about a relationship.  Shut the hell up and let the adults make their own mistakes.  If we ever would have pulled the crap that Steffy and RJ did, we would have been yanked back to the Middle Ages.  

And what's with Bill's secretary?   What right does she have to stick her nose into Bill's business?   Stick,to getting coffee and taking dictation, you little budinski. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 8

grisgris said:

So this is basically a Felcia/Thorne and Steffy/Thomas redux over wanting Mommy and Daddy to get back together again. I can sort of give RJ as pass because of his age

15 hours ago, ByTor said:

I understand what you mean. Although RJ is old enough to know his parents are the last two people who should be together, at least he's not 40 something like Thorne and Felicia were when they were whining about mommy & daddy getting back together. 

How would RJ know anything about his parents relationship? He hasn't lived with either of them for years, together or apart. Being told an expurgated and highly romanticized version of your parents DESTINY by your father (as RJ mentioned on today's episode) is a wholly different experience than living in the same dysfunctional house as the shit hits the fan every month with two self-absorbed, weak-willed egotists.

In RJ's understanding, seeing Brooke and Ridge canoodling in the office when he walked in, was exactly what he believed about his parents long-standing relationship; their love for each other was active and constant. Of course, RJ doesn't know about Ridge's plan, Forrester Creations stock swap for the Golden Cooter. He would probably be disgusted by his father openly pimping out Brooke, and Brooke being an avid participant in being purchased by $Bill. Oh, well. Leave that bombshell to drop for another day.

When RM Ridge left to live in Paris (and RM formally left B&B), RJ went with him, attending boarding school. When TK was recast, Ridge returned to Los Angeles, and RJ came back to California be shuttled off to boarding school in Ojai.

The last time the character RJ was on Show was May, 2014.

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0041155/filmoseries#tt0092325

• Love 3

RJ's references to Katie and Will made me wonder if "drunken Aunt Katie" had at one time been playing the role of the holiday family newsletter in keeping RJ updated about happenings in L.A.  If so, that would have really tainted his perspective.  Also, if all things Forrester are such paparazzi-bait, he certainly could have gotten an eyeful online and with other kids gossiping.  Any way you slice it, it's still a dead-horse story.

• Love 6

If RJ derails the Brill wedding, he'd better not stand at the top of any stairs or next to any electrical panels. 

ETA:  Ridge obviously wants to get rid of Quinn and keep Brooke from marrying Bill but I'm not quite sure from watching which one he would choose when it came right down to it.  I won't be happy if he ends up not having to make the choice because of his obnoxious kid. (Does he have any other kind?  Though Thomas is okay with Sasha - and where is she?) 

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I wanted to barf when Quinn made that "just look at you now" remark to Ivy as if she had been some frump in the past. Ivy is a natural beauty and was always better looking than Puffy.

And you know what's bad about the work JMW has done?   It's had the opposite affect of what she probably wanted.  She looks SO old when compared to her real age.  

• Love 11
2 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

And you know what's bad about the work JMW has done?   It's had the opposite affect of what she probably wanted.  She looks SO old when compared to her real age.  

And it's so obvious and fake looking to boot.  Ivy is a clearly natural, youthful, healthy beauty.  I think JMW could have possibly been that before she took that first fateful trip to her TV Mom's doctor.  (You just know they see the same doc, the work is very similar.) 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

JMW did look perfectly fine before she started getting work done on her face. I can't imagine why someone would do that at her age.

Maybe she blamed her looks for her disappointing career?  (After seeing her on B&B, I thank the tv gods that she didn't get to play Sara Lance again after that character returned from the dead on Arrow.) 

While lately I've been hating Steffy with a passion, I didn't really mind her when she first came back after Hope left.  They need to write to her strengths, though and all this dramatic emoting isn't one of them. 

• Love 4

Maya could be a role model for him in how to live your life honestly,

You mean after lying for years and only telling the truth when it is about to be revealed in the tabloids? Well then sure Maya would be a great role model!

I don't really understand why the writers chose to go with Brooke and Ridge have no idea what has been going on with RJ rather than let the characters be good parents. I refuse to believe that in this age of instant communication, that both of them haven't been in contact with this kid.

• Love 10

A few thoughts on this week...

After Eric kicked Sludge out of his chair he should have Febreezed it.

Since RJ doesn't look like either Brooke or Sludge I'm wishing that they'll recast Ridge with a guy who looks like RJ. The found actors that resembled RM for the roles of Steffy & Thomas. So they couldn't find a boy that looks like TK? Oh, wait, right, who would want to see a Sludge Jr? 

And now that Ivy knows about Quinn kidnapping Liam, I was surprised to see her sitting on the couch with Quinn sweet as can be. Ivy must be up to something. Dun dun dunnnn!

• Love 7

Yup SweetPea59.  Ivy ain't no dummy and I hate that she is being written like this as she must know about Liam.  I hope she does have a plan.  She's a Forrester after all.  As has been mentioned here why didn't she go to Uncle Eric?  You know he would have given her a job in a heartbeat so why does Quinn have to be the one.  In my sl Eric gives Ivy a job then Quinn befriends her then starts her plan.

I kinda like RJ.  Kid did hold his own with $Bill especially on his first day.  I see potentiality.  Stupid plot but I'll roll with it.  I'd like RJ to enlist Katie in his plan to stop the wedding *cue the late, great Miss Etta James*.  I want HT back in the middle of this, too.  I love HT.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

You mean after lying for years and only telling the truth when it is about to be revealed in the tabloids? Well then sure Maya would be a great role model!

I don't really understand why the writers chose to go with Brooke and Ridge have no idea what has been going on with RJ rather than let the characters be good parents. I refuse to believe that in this age of instant communication, that both of them haven't been in contact with this kid.

Well yeah, but it's not like anyone else is a paragon of truth and virtue.

Plus, it's nice to see characters interacting for reasons beyond fucking or scheming to fuck over someone.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

On one hand she defended herself by saying that she was living HER truth, which yeah, okay great except for the issue of when you want kids and you husband wants to know why...

But that could actually be something that comes up when Maya declares herself RJ's mentor and RJ as only teens can do points out how she lied to everyone even the man she loved and she realizes that she wasn't entirely on the up and up either. She dropped a bomb on Rick. It was fortunate for her that he was open and loving and forgiving. 

1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

And now that Ivy knows about Quinn kidnapping Liam, I was surprised to see her sitting on the couch with Quinn sweet as can be. Ivy must be up to something. Dun dun dunnnn!

I seriously hope so. It would really be something to see Ivy be the one to get the drop on Quinn and mete out some form of comeuppance. But I'm still thinking Ivy's gonna go too far and hurt Quinn to avenge Liam and protect Uncle Eric and frame Steffy for it. Which isn't bad in theory because Steffy deserves an arrest and sweat possible prison time but I'd hate for her vindication to come at the expense of another Forrester woman going down. 

• Love 8

Well yeah, but it's not like anyone else is a paragon of truth and virtue.

Sure, that's true. But Maya as a role model? Please. She and Rick are nothing but whiny little bitches who strong armed her weak willed sister into having their child.

• Love 4

Better her than Rick the manchild, Steffy the second biggest sociopath in daytime behind Billy Abbott, Thomas the rapist and Hope the useless entitled princess. Also, Katie.

Sadly, Bridget is miles away from this mess with Owen and Logan, so she's out.

• Love 2

Given their ages before the SORASing I can see Hope being really close to RJ and a protective big sister to him like Rick's been protective with Bridget. I could even believe that she visited him a lot since he was in boarding school in Europe for a bit and she's been in Paris. I wouldn't mind seeing her return to look out for him -especially if he's having issues with Brill and/or a sexuality reveal. Rick, Thomas, and Steffy not only seem too preoccupied with their own scrabbling for Forrester, snarking at each other, or dealing with their love lives, they're actively working counter to his own interests with trying to push Brooke to Bill or in Rick's case not supporting anything Bridge and openly verbally attacking a Ridge. Big sister Hope coming to town and reaming RJ's siblings out and telling Bill not to pull crap with RJ, I can dig.

The downside? The Wyatt/Steffy/Hope/Liam crap would recommence. Unless they had Hope come back married to a hot French guy and not giving Wyatt or Liam a second thought. I am intrigued by Hope's thoughts on Quinn marrying Eric. Probably 'I'm so glad not to be around THAT cluster@&$)'

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 5

Yeah, it's time for RJ to go back the fuck where he came from. He is an unnecessary addition to this show. They need to bring in new characters who are not Logans, Spencers or Forresters. Or Avants, too. I was glad when Bill let him know that he's not taking orders from a kid. Why did they SORAS him? The other kid was adorable, but there really is no room for kids in this show. What is he going to do besides whine and complain about Bill/Brooke's relationship? I've heard enough.  Why not have some action with the Avants? I'm still pissed that Nicole has had no reaction to having had a baby besides Oooh Zzzzende! A cat has more attachment to its spawn. Where's Sasha?

Sigh.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, politichick said:

Yeah, it's time for RJ to go back the fuck where he came from. He is an unnecessary addition to this show. They need to bring in new characters who are not Logans, Spencers or Forresters. Or Avants, too. I was glad when Bill let him know that he's not taking orders from a kid. Why did they SORAS him? The other kid was adorable, but there really is no room for kids in this show. What is he going to do besides whine and complain about Bill/Brooke's relationship? I've heard enough.  Why not have some action with the Avants? I'm still pissed that Nicole has had no reaction to having had a baby besides Oooh Zzzzende! A cat has more attachment to its spawn. Where's Sasha?

Sigh.

My friends and I long ago despaired that RJ was nothing more than an albatross who is whipped out to keep Brooke tethered to Ridge-Pen.  The last couple of times she was set to marry him, it was more about wanting to keep her fambly intact than some grand passion or chasing her "destiny."  In the beginning, RJ was mostly mute and simply lay there like a lump of clay (like Y&R's stupor girl).  Now, here he is again with no real purpose other than to play good-cop/bad-cop with dear old sperm donor, as they put doubts in Brooke's head.

Which leads me to ask if RJ is going to threaten to move in with Ridge-Pen if Brooke goes ahead and marries Bill.  Where that would be, heaven only knows since Ridge-Pen is supposedly in between hotels.  It was appalling that he showed up at Brooke's with suitcases and thinks that it's her job to provide him with free housing and food.

Politichick, your post also highlights what a piss-poor job Bradley has done in building up the second generation.  There isn't anyone in the younger set that I would tune in to see everyday.  At least Bill Bell created young characters who were beautiful, engaging and had interesting storylines.  Instead, Bradley is desperately trying to make Stuffy, the Femme Fatale, happen.  It doesn't help that she is revolting and that her two suitors are asexual.  I could care less about the Avants.  The best out of the bunch, Caroline 2.0, went skulking back home.  Bridget and Hope are MIA, and I blow hot or cold with Rick.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 5

I really wanted Steffy to tell RJ WHY she, THomas and Ridge wants Brooke to marry Bill.  RJ;s reaction to their willingness to pimp out his mother for control of FC should be epic.  Steffy will say they want to protect Eric but it is really about Ridge and the Taytot's power grab.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MulletorHater said:

Politichick, your post also highlights what a piss-poor job Bradley has done in building up the second generation.  There isn't anyone in the younger set that I would tune in to see everyday.  At least Bill Bell created young characters who were beautiful, engaging and had interesting storylines.  Instead, Bradley is desperately trying to make Stuffy, the Femme Fatale, happen.  It doesn't help that she is revolting and that her two suitors are asexual.  I could care less about the Avants.  The best out of the bunch, Caroline 2.0, went skulking back home.  Bridget and Hope are MIA, and I blow hot or cold with Rick.

I'd say the failure to develop the younger set was evident as far back as 2004/2005 when Bridget's main love interest was Nick. It only got progressively worse as Phoebe was introduced and we got divorcee Rick who was at least ten years older than she was panting after her. 

I was just thinking about this the other day...I don't remember if I posted it here or the retro thread, but I was very much sucked into the Amber/Rick/Becky/Deacon/CJ stuff as a teen. I couldn't imagine any teenager getting sucked into Steffy's stories of today...or even the snore fest that was her and Marcus back before anyone with a drop of Logan blood was the Antichrist. 

• Love 5

Honestly, I think that the actors back in the days of CJ, Amber & co. were way more talented than the collective pool of suck that the writers have to work with today (not that the writers are much better.) Zzzzzende, Steffy, Nicole, Thomas, Hope ...  Ones that show promise like Ivy and Caroline start out strong then their characters get destroyed which leaves the writers with no other choice than to have them disappear for extended periods before finally being released from the show.  The guys who play Liam and Wyatt can be good, but decent material is few and far between, so they remain center stage as the resident jackasses.

Also, the real-life situations that younger people faced back in those days translated much more easily into scripts than what's going on today. Admittedly, I am old and don't have any kids or grandkids, so I am probably out of touch.  I don't know what issues millennials face other than what apps to download and when is the latest iPhone coming out?  What hipster place should they go to for dinner for some organic vegan artisan gluten-free air. I know one portrayal though that is accurate is that they are truly lazier than shit, so scenes with Steffy and Thomas lounging around the office gossiping about Quinn or Zende and Thomas working out on company time seem pretty accurate.

• Love 9

B&B really needs some other work locations than just FC and SP.  No one (in the main cast anyway) has to work at anything.  If you are rich, that's fine but it's boring to watch.  And if you aren't in the main tier, then you are scheming for a glamorous job like modeling or a rich boyfriend and that's boring too, after awhile.  They don't even have the obligatory soap nightclub, diner or coffee shop.  

I do have kids/grandkids and most of it's the same stuff we all went through - school, sports, work, relationships, work - complicated by social media, though.  ETA - I do have one bona fide, millennial, vegan hipster daughter and I think it's the same. Only with more Instagram.  

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 6

Can't Brooke have one son who is not a demanding crybaby? I understand that kids are going to have opinions about what their parents do, but they should not be able to dictate their futures. RJ may be young, but as Brooke said, he is almost to adulthood; it is time someone pulls him aside and tells him the real story about his parents. I have always maintained that far from being romantic, the Bridge relationship was more about being combatants with benefits. In the early years it may have been all sunshine and rainbows, but the reality is that Bridge was fraught with all manner of problems and infighting, particularly in the later years. It became more of a battle of wills; Stephanie trying to control Ridge's life, Taylor trying to keep her husband, and Brooke trying to best Stephanie and Taylor. Ridge? Well, like most men on the B&B, he was waiting to be told how to behave by his mom or his wife. Things really got ugly after the Taytots and Rick were SORASed, and Rick started messing with Phoebe, resulting in him being involved in her death, and then "owning" Steffy. Someone needs to get on the stick quick, and de-romanticize the Bridge relationship for RJ. 

I wonder if Ashleigh Brewer is insulted by her SL. Come on back, and we will demand that you lose your accent, and start wearing Cleopatra style eyeliner, dye your hair blackest black and put in some extensions too! Oh, we want you to look like Steffy so Liam will think you are her! AB is capable of so much more than being a Liam/Steffy foil. It pisses me off. 

So, Quinn and Eric will be married before Bill and Brooke? What is Show doing? Let me guess; Quic will be married, and Brooke will hem and haw about marrying Bill because of RJ, and Bill will get mad and call it all off. I would lay bets that he will want some revenge too. Will Bill vote his 12% in favor of Eric? That would send a pretty clear message. Or, maybe Steffy will move in on Bill and try to get those remaining shares? It doesn't matter that she is married to Wyatt, that shit is all on paper right? This is business, and a President has to do what she has to do for the company. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Will Bill vote his 12% in favor of Eric? That would send a pretty clear message.

I would be so proud of Bill to shake off the brainwashing glitter of Brooke's allure and go back to being ruthless and not under her control.

And yeah, time for Bill to pull another 'Spencer Summit' where he brings Wyatt, Liam, and Steffy in and lays into all of them about their stupid:

Wyatt, don't ever let anyone have you tap dancing and bitch you out like Steffy. She knew who your momma was when she married you so don't take her crap.

Liam, leave Steffy alone. She'll implode the  marriage all on her own without you making yourself look bad. Seriously, go sow some oats for a while. But stay away from Ivy as she's too cozy with Quinn. Or do hang out with her but don't drink or eat anything she hands you.

Steffy, girl, you know I loved you once upon a time and gave the sword necklace and everything, but if you keep stringing my sons along, hand to Heaven I will bring Hope back to LA and you'll really have something to bitch about.

• Love 9

This just in: Major waffle recall!  I just heard on the news that Kellogg's is recalling multi-grain Eggos for possible listeria risk.  LOL! (I guess it really isn't funny, but in the context here, well it is!) Sadly, in the case of Steffy, it isn't fatal.

While I'm on the "complain train," why the need to have TWO "race to the altar" couples at once? In the case of Brill, it's completely unnecessary and doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Bill to be pushing for it.  I guess it kinda makes sense with Queric. Back in the day, that SL seemed plausible, like when Eric was seeking a quickie divorce from Stephanie to marry a very preggers Brooke. Or, when Brooke was trying to speed up her marriage #??? to Ridge to beat Taylor from getting there and telling him that he was the father of soon-to-be-born Thomas.  Still, those situations played out for days and weeks and were fraught with "all-mosts" and filled with anticipation, that kept the viewers coming back every day.  Today, it's engaged in haste and marry at warp speed. A FC-designed gown will show up on cue in the standard gray garment bag minutes before the nuptials much to the teary-eyed "surprise" of the bride.  I miss the drawn-out engagements, hush-hush dress design, elegant showers, engagement parties and rehearsal dinners. I guess it's a reflection of the times (and budgets) that wedding today are crammed affairs in the Forrester mansion living room with a handful of people (if that many) in bored obligatory attendance. Sigh ...

• Love 5

The last few days have been kind of blah.  I was actually hoping the Brill wedding would happen because long-term (or what passes for it today) the shares could have been a slow acting poison in the relationship.  Something different anyway.  

• Love 5
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Or, maybe Steffy will move in on Bill and try to get those remaining shares? It doesn't matter that she is married to Wyatt, that shit is all on paper right? This is business, and a President has to do what she has to do for the company.

Better Bill than Liam. There's little that would change my mind about Steffy being a horrid creature, but at least I'd have topless Don Diamont to make up for it.

1 hour ago, grisgris said:

I guess it's a reflection of the times (and budgets) that wedding today are crammed affairs in the Forrester mansion living room with a handful of people (if that many) in bored obligatory attendance. Sigh ...

Off the top of my head, I think the last truly epic wedding was Nick and Bridget's first wedding attempt. I'll have to dig it up and stick it in the retro thread some time. Most of you from TWoP are aware that i....don't love the pair :p But from a story perspective it did what all good wedding stories should....it drew upon history (ie, comparisons to Bridget's marriage to Deacon); concerns of her dating/marrying one of Brooke's exes; Eric designing a dress in spite of how last minute the wedding was, and lastly the families coming together and uniting and putting aside their differences for a few hours. 

And in true B&B fashion, it got capped with the ridiculousness of Taylor returning from the dead right before saying I Do, but still, a pretty decent wedding story.

• Love 11
51 minutes ago, tessaray said:

The last few days have been kind of blah.  I was actually hoping the Brill wedding would happen because long-term (or what passes for it today) the shares could have been a slow acting poison in the relationship.  Something different anyway.  

Either that, or the writers should actually remember (fat chance!) that Bill once told Brooke she could do anything that she put her mind to and that he once reminded her that Forrester Creations was at its most profitable under her leadership.  There was a time when Brooke was quite ambitious and set her sights high.  Maybe that will give the character the jolt she desperately needs to take authority instead of passively going along to get along.

Ever since the return of Ridge-Pen, Brooke as a character has regressed.  One minute the creep is using her as his confidant regarding his snip operation while he was happily married to Caroline 2.0.   Now, we're supposed to believe that he's been pining for Brooke and that the memories of their angst-filled relationship has him feeling a certain way.  Dare I suggest that it's actually hunger and his outsize ambitions that are causing those feelings?  I also wish someone would sit RJ down and give him the real deal on what it was like being married to a man-child who always had a "Get Out of Marriage Free" card in his back pocket.  When one relationship didn't work out, Ridge-Pen always had a woman waiting in the wings to pick up the pieces.  He once even indicated to Taylor that if Brooke fucked up just one more time, he would not only be done with her, but he would be at her doorstep.  And, the thirsty Taylor latched on to that little bone like a dog savoring a discarded T-bone steak.  As someone upthread stated, whenever Ridge-Pen says, "I'm where I want to be," a qualifier should be added at the end of that sentence:  "For now."

It would be all kinds of awesome if Brooke realized that she's the wildcard in all of this.  She should get with Connor Davis and keep those shares for herself or make Ridge-Pen and his little Tridge nuggets' heads explode by selling them to Eric.  

• Love 11

I must confess: I'm a moron. I read the spoilers for today, so I knew Ridge was getting "a shocking email from Eric", but at about 12:55, when his phone pinged in the same tone as the email ping on my iPhone, I grabbed my phone & checked it. There was no email from my father's current girlfriend-of-a-month, inviting me to their wedding, though. Maybe tomorrow, fingers-crossed.

• Love 8

While he will likely never overtake Puffy as my most-hated character, RJ is quickly rising to second place (ahead of Thomas!).

He just comes off as a snot-nosed little punk who is laughable in his attempts to go up against Big Bad $ Bill, who eats little bitch babies like him for a midnight snack.

Plus, what is this nonsense about wanting Mommy and Daddy back together? Child, please, they were barely together during his lifetime. The longest stretch of their togetherness was after learning RJ was RJ vs DJ (Dominick Jr). And clearly, he had no issues with Daddy Ridge playing daddy to his cousin, Will, or being thisclose to marrying Aunt Katie a few years back so why this sudden desire to see his parents together....especially when it's clear he was too busy with school and his friends to even spend time with either parent.

So he can go take a seat...in the corner...and shut up and let the grown ups talk.

I get TPTB are trying to create drama but this is plot contrivance at its worst. Plus, I am so tired of the trot Ridge sniffing around Brooke because he can every time she attempts to move on to a far more deserving man storylines. And even worse, that Brooke is crying her single tear of oh nos! What do I doooo now?

This should not even be a decision for Brooke. She needs to stop letting Ridge Sr and Jr dictate her life. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 12