Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Chaos Theory

• Start Topic

Would be interesting if Ward tries to recruit / manipulate Andrew.

I'd rather not. For one thing, Lash is only interested in Inhumans and doesn't seem hostile to SHIELD, so it's not a natural fit at all. Secondly, I don't want Ward and his HYDRA story to get more air time than it already does.

This will be interesting to watch: Daisy is reacting pretty well after all, unlike some in the previous episode topic were thinking she might. Also, "How long will he be able to contain his secret?" - not longer than this episode judging by May confronting him and him being Lash in the same corridors as the photo above.

And wow, this fills my heart with joy, really:

Edited by Crim

Did Strucker Jr. tell HYDRA that Andrew = Lash / Inhuman / Mutant? Would be interesting if Ward tries to recruit / manipulate Andrew.

Well, he told May that Andrew turned into Lash once his SHIELD bodyguard was shot and kicked his butt. As with Ward willing to get ahold of Lash or any Inhumans, we already know that HYDRA has tried on multiple times to do it. Although, if Ward is smart (and he really isn't smart) he might be able to use the ACTU and SHIELD's new alliance with them to gain some Inhuman support. 

I'm new to this community. Is it okay to live comment?

If so, I noticed Fitz and Jemma are finishing each others sentences again. And I knew Fitz would see a picture of Will and Jemma on the phone. I hope he realizes that Will looks the same in the photo as in the article.

• Love 2

Every so often here at PTV, if requested, we'll do liveblog threads for various episodes -- usually things like premieres or finales (or post-Superbowl episodes or whatever). However, the normal weekly episode threads are not liveblog threads and we ask that people wait to talk about the episode until after they've finished watching.

• Love 1

I did not see a Hydra connection coming with Rosalind.  Poor Phil.

I feel bad for May.  I do have sympathy for Andrew; he really seems to have been rewired by the transformation.

This is why Lincoln should not be on the team.

Glad the metal melter survived.  He could be a good team member.

The scenes of Fitz listening to Jemma’s recordings were touching.  It went from wonder to jealousy and back to love in quick succession.  The follow on scene with the sunrise was also good.

While I’m still not sold on the need for a love triangle this has been handled with a lot more maturity than I expected.

Edited for grammar.

Edited by MisterGlass
  • Love 7

It does seem like the show is more character driven than the first two seasons. The romances is driving a lot of the plot, especially between FitzSimmons and Andrew and May - also Bobbi and Hunter. Now it might happen with Lincoln and Daisy too.

Not so much with Rosalind and Coulson though after what we just saw...

• Love 2

Okay I am very disappointed that they made Rosalind be working with that guy. I was really hoping she was going to be a good grey character. And I was happy there was no Ward until the last scene, which I sighed in disappointment. I really am sick of him.

I'm glad that they didn't drag out the whole Andrew is Lash thing and just had most people find out very quickly. I liked that Daisy saved Rosalind (of course that was before the last scene).

I definetly missed something when Fitz, Bobbi and Hunter were talking about the photo of "Will". Something with the symbol on his arm? I loved the scenes with Gemma saying how much Fitz meets to her. And of course them watching the sunrise together.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 3

Jaiying's "trap" in her ledger made no sense.  It was loaded with terrrigen crystals, which don't do anything to normal humans but transform latent Inhumans into active Inhumans.  Her ledger was in Afterlife, which was entirely populated by actual or nascent Inhumans.  So her trap would just activate anyone who opened the book.

If she'd put powdered diviner metal in it, then it'd be a trap that  killed humans and left Inhumans alone, but then Andrew wouldn't have been transformed and why am I trying to figure out the logic of a show that carbon dated sand....

Looks like we're trading Andrew for Lincoln... yay [insert ironic sound of a party horn being blown here]

I definetly missed something when Fitz, Bobbi and Hunter were talking about the photo of "Will". Something with the symbol on his arm?

The astronaut patch on his uniform is the upside down version (sort of) of one of the symbols they saw carved in the wall of the castle where the activated the portal to get Simmons back.  How this will lead to them actually being able to open a new portal seems a dubious  leap in logic.  There I go again, applying logic.

Edited by mac123x
  • Love 5

Every so often here at PTV, if requested, we'll do liveblog threads for various episodes -- usually things like premieres or finales (or post-Superbowl episodes or whatever). However, the normal weekly episode threads are not liveblog threads and we ask that people wait to talk about the episode until after they've finished watching.

Okay, thank you for letting me know. I will use other forums to express my thoughts during the show.

• Love 1

Um what?  No!  Rosalind can't be a villain, she's got too good of chemistry with Coulson to get rid of her.

That said, holy crap I really enjoyed this episode.

I even liked Lincoln in this episode.  He had good interaction with Mack, granted it is Mack, and he was actually proactive when it came to Lash.  He was the one that knew Lash was in SHIELD, told Mack about it, and told Daisy, Coulson, and Ros.  His confronting Lash was a positive.  He wasn't going to wait around and wait till Lash killed Coulson, May, and the team, he went after him.  So if this is the Lincoln we get from now on, I say bring it on.

Mack better get his shotgun axe soon, and Hunter's right Will has a hog face.  Sorry, just loved that comment by Hunter and Fitz agreeing with him.

Amazing to think we've came from the low of the beginning of season 1 (since they were stalling massively till Winter Soldier came out) to where we are now.

I definetly missed something when Fitz, Bobbi and Hunter were talking about the photo of "Will". Something with the symbol on his arm?

The symbol on Will's arm is just the symbol that was over the doorway where the Monolith used to be, just in a different direction.  So whomever sent Will and his team through, probably wasn't of Earth, or Will himself isn't human.

Edited by Jediknight
  • Love 2

Go, Coulson! It's your birthday! Go, Coulson! It's your birthday! I know, it's going to go to hell in a week, but it's good to see him happy.

Andrew got what was coming to him. He made the conscious decision to hunt Inhumans, and he got shoved into stasis. I'm sure May will get over it  .. . someday.

Good episode. Biggest problem was Andrew's cocoon forming over his clothes. I was okay with him Hulking . . . sorry . . . "Lashing" out.

What's the deal with Will's symbol? I wasn't paying attention.

• Love 2

The symbol on Will's arm is just the symbol that was over the doorway where the Monolith used to be, just in a different direction.  So whomever sent Will and his team through, probably wasn't of Earth, or Will himself isn't human.

Thank you. I thinking he probably isn't human since he looks the same as he did in the pictures taken on Earth and it is suppose to be 14 years later.

• Love 1

Coulson and Rosalind together, well it happened and then we learned that she is working with Powers Boothe. Talking about sleeping with the enemy. That being said I was hoping that Rosalind wouldn't be  a big bad, but someone who is grey and I do think that this show does need some grey characters.  

I think we saw that group in the first or second episode of this season. It looked like they were drawing lots and deciding on who to send and also we had some confirmation that the Monolith was being used in some kind of ritual "sacrifice" and that it has Kree origins. So, my guess is that Will is human but has the Inhuman genes and that someone or even himself (probably by drawing a lot) was chosen to be ritually sacrifice by someone higher up than him. 

Although, I have two theories...

1. It is Ego and likes to eat humans/Inhumans. That is why this group keeps on sending people over there because this is part of an Inhuman custom/ritual of some sort, to feed Ego. 

2. Will is from another universe. Yeah, I do like this one so I will hold on to it to the better end!

Edited by TVSpectator
  • Love 1

Blair Underwood really rocked this episode.  Being Lash made Andrew an even more interesting character and was a great development.

Really enjoyed this episode and the character development but will be very disappointed if Rosalind turns out to be evil.  That would be lazy, predictable storytelling which I hope this show would avoid.  I did like her putting Daisy in her place though.

• Love 3

Me halfway through the episode: I ship Coulson and Ros SO HARD right now.

Me at the end of the episode: NOOOOOOOOOO.  YEEEEES.  NOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, roller coaster of emotions here.  Somehow this is the first romantic pairing in the show that has got me this invested (not that the FitzSimmons sunrise wasn't adorable).  So I'm definitely hoping they figure out some way to keep Ros around.

Why was there such a cozy picture of Jemma and Will together on her phone ... when she used up the battery of the phone in the last ditch effort to get home, and it was only after that she got together with Will?  (Am I misremembering?)  I'm not sure if it's a mistake simply so we could see the symbol on his uniform, or something significant.

I was surprised (and pleased) that the Lash reveal wasn't dragged out, and it was great to see May showing so much emotion and vulnerability this episode.  However, it feels too soon to be done with Andrew/Lash, so with whatever's going on with ATCU in the preview, I'm guessing Lash is going to be coming out of the gel sooner rather than later.

If Mack doesn't eventually get a shotgun-axe, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

• Love 5

Fitz stop wasting time trying to find Will and get Mack his shotgun axe.

I like Andrew far more than I like Lincoln.

Did May really just ask Daisy what would she do in reguards to gelling Andrew?

Everytime I see Rosiland I'm reminded of the character that Shirley Manson played on Terminator:The Sarah Conner Chronicles. T: TSCC did it better.

I like Hunter, I enjoy his snark. I however don't enjoy his romance with Bobbi.

Edited by miracole

Rosalind could still turn out to be "grey". Maybe the guy is her boss and she doesn't know about his affiliation with Hydra. It would be a nice twist imo.

I really hope this theory is correct. I really like Coulson/Rosalind together and I don't want her to be evil.

Fitz is the best. Enough said. Ming-Na Wen really killed it this episode too.

• Love 2

When May shot Andrew and he went into the cell, my jaw practically fell to the floor, especially when Coulson asked her if she knew she might kill him. Overall I enjoyed the ep til Ward showed his face at the end. Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas on this show is for Ward to get thrown through the monolith/portal so he can spend whatever remains of his miserable life on the same planet Gemma was stranded on. Only this time make it permanent.

• Love 4

I'm not convinced that Rosalind knows she's working for a bad guy. Gideon may have been smart enough to not leave a paper trail connecting him to HYDRA and could still be working from within the government. She does, after all, have access to the President. There's hope for her to still be a good guy.

Terrigenesis definitely has the unfortunate side effect of psychotic break in a portion of the population. While Afterlife may not have had the best leadership, this demonstrates how important it is as a concept. I thought they did a nice job of using Andrew's condition to illustrate both sides of the SHIELD/ATCU divide. I liked that May asked Daisy her thoughts about it and that Daisy showed the maturity of recognizing the difficulty of the situation. Some other shows that imprison bad guys willy nilly may want to take a note.

I'm intrigued that the same group had been studying the monolith for at least a couple of centuries. Depending on when it came into SHIELD's possession, they might have even been involved with the mission.

And please let's get Joey onto the team so he and Mack can start dating.

• Love 9

Eh I wasn't really crazy about this episode.  It was way too angst/romance laiden for me.  And while I'm not at all against-romance in general, that's not what I want out of AoS and I just don't think the show does it well.  

Can someone spell out for me to the final scene with Rosalind?  My DVR cut out and I missed it.  I've gathered from what others have posted that she's connected to the new Powers Booth character.

Jaiying's "trap" in her ledger made no sense.  It was loaded with terrrigen crystals, which don't do anything to normal humans but transform latent Inhumans into active Inhumans.  Her ledger was in Afterlife, which was entirely populated by actual or nascent Inhumans.  So her trap would just activate anyone who opened the book.

If she'd put powdered diviner metal in it, then it'd be a trap that  killed humans and left Inhumans alone, but then Andrew wouldn't have been transformed and why am I trying to figure out the logic of a show that carbon dated sand....

I think it does make sense.  Last season we saw that all of Afterlife's terrigen crystals were laced with fragments of the Diviners that were melted down to create the crystals.  When these crystals shattered, the mist was released and the fragments from the Diviner would become airborne, killing any non-Inhumans in the room (presumably from inhaling or coming into contact with the Diviner-laden air).  That's how Gonzales and some unnamed SHIELD agent in the the season 2 finale died.  Jiaying likely placed a small crystal somewhere in the ledger, rigging it in a way so that opening the ledger would crush the crystal, spraying both terrigen and Diviner bits into the air.

As for why Jiaying bothered to rig her ledger at all, Afterlife was a fairly new community.  It could be that past experience left her worried that her community could preserve their isolation indefinitely and wanted to protect her ledger in the event that Afterlife was ever found by the outside world and the ledger made it into enemy hands.

• Love 2

Well, at least Andrew isn't dead, but it seemed to just as painful for Melinda to have to put him in status at the end.  Also really interesting that after being so against it, Daisy ended up agreeing with her as well.  I guess when it someone you are close too that is in danger, it might make you question your initial opinions.  Either way, I hope they find some way to fix this, because Melinda already been through a lot of shit.  Plus, I like Andrew and I like how Ming Na and Blair Underwood play off one another.

Coulson and Rosalind get it on!  But then it is revealed that Rosalind is in league with Hydra Powers Boothe! (I almost called him Evil Powers Boothe, but that is pretty much a description for every Powers Boothe character ever.)  I won't jump the gun though.  I'm wondering if Rosalind doesn't know about the Hydra connection, but for whatever his job is suppose to be.  But I guess that will be an answer for another episode.

Fitz figures out that there is connection to the secret portal they got Simmons from and whoever it was that actually sent Will and his crew to the planet.  Oh, and he has a nice enough scene with Simmons, watching the sunrise.  Yay?

Lincoln has now joined the team, so I certainly hope someone teaches him to not just go charging end and escalate an already intense situation. 

Hunter and Bobbi reunite and bicker like normal, but it did include a Bobbi bra scene, so I'm not complaining.

If this season doesn't end with Mack getting a shotgun-axe, then it has failed.

• Love 2

Ros is Hydra? That sucks I liked her chemistry with Coulson and her interactions with Daisy. I'm going to hold out hope that she doesn't know her boss is evil and thinks she's doing the right thing. 

Mack's a mechanic, he can make his own Shotgun-axe he doesn't need Fitz. I hope he's the one that makes it. 

I also hope we see Daisy and Joey go out in the field with Mack. Lincoln's an idiot, why is he on this show again? Is is purpose to give Daisy a love interest? Poor May, Andrew was good for her than he became a giant monster that kills people. I do see the purpose in the ATCU's stasis for someone as unstable and intelligent as Andrew. 

It's too bad they are not going with my theory of Jemma being infected by the evil planet too, that would've been more interesting for her than a stupid love triangle. 

• Love 2

When May shot Andrew and he went into the cell, my jaw practically fell to the floor, especially when Coulson asked her if she knew she might kill him. Overall I enjoyed the ep til Ward showed his face at the end. Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas on this show is for Ward to get thrown through the monolith/portal so he can spend whatever remains of his miserable life on the same planet Gemma was stranded on. Only this time make it permanent.

I loved that moment when May shot Andrew. I love that they make you think that she's all gooey hearted and vulnerable with him (and I think part of her is), but she is still a trained SHIELD agent and is able to make the hard calls to protect herself and her team.

And seconded. Can we please, please, please get Ward off the show. I just don't see how he's still relevant. And this big "shake up" that's been teased ... they've been promising to make him more interesting for over a year. He's still not interesting to me.

I'm intrigued that the same group had been studying the monolith for at least a couple of centuries. Depending on when it came into SHIELD's possession, they might have even been involved with the mission.

That part definitely caught my interest too. I find the whole Fitz-Simmons romance drama part boring, but I'm very curious about the planet and that monster on it.

• Love 2

I also agree that "Rosalind is evil and has been working for Malick/HYDRA all along" seems like pretty much the easiest/most cliché way that they could go.  Plus it ruins her fun dynamic with Coulson AND she's just flat-out more interesting as a person who has good intentions as well, but a different perspective on things and different methods.

Hopefully, it's not that cheap.  Maybe she doesn't know who Malick really is/is affiliated with or something. 

Also, poor Coulson.  First action that he's had in years, and then this happens.

So Strucker Jr is still alive, good.

Also, Poor May (woman just cannot catch a break it seems).

Iain de Caestecker's magnificent acting continues, and Elizabeth Henstridge aint bad herself.

Edited by Bats27
  • Love 2

I guess I'm in the minority with the Ros/Coulson hook-up.  Was that really necesary? No, not at all.  I haven't like her from her first appearance.  Too shady, too suspiscious behaving with her oh so conveniant henchmen and completely unbelievable white dresses. The Powers Boothe/Hydra reveal was not much of a surprise for me.  I do sincerly hope that Phil is playing her.  I actually yelled at my TV when they showed that the two hooked up.  Ugh.

• Love 3

I am full of "feels" as the kids today call it after that episode.

Poor May.

I was so scared for Joey.

Ian and Elizabeth both killed that scene of Fitz watching the recording of Jemma.

Rosalind tying Coulson's tie. *sigh* Should've known it was too good to be true.

Bobbi in a bra was gratuitous and I have no problem with that.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 4

So Lash kills other inhumans and seems to be using them as fuel. What's the ATCU's great plan? Let's move him into the facility where all the known inhumans are being kept. Can't see how this could go wrong. After all, it's not like these facilities ever come under attack, right? It's not like there's a couple-few inhumans whose specific power is that of breaking shit, right? I mean one dude who can melt metal or one chick who can cause earthquakes and we're all screwed. So good thing that can't possibly happen.

But then again, it's not like they had a lot of choices. What are they supposed to do, call up Lady Sif and see if there might be a spare jail cell in Asgard? And it's not like they know of some distant, desolate planet they could dump Lash on.

I don't think Roz is evil. Her conversation with Gideon (whom the wiki says is the WSC guy from Avengers but other sources say otherwise and I wish they would address it on the show already) is not bad guy to bad guy. She seems more concerned about making an excuse for her absence than being nefarious. I would enjoy the storyline more if she is being duped along with everyone else although I guess we just had a lot of that in this episode.

The shotgun-axe got name-dropped again! We have to see it now.

Jemma asks Fitz what they ought do about her conflicted feelings. Fitz, ever the gentleman, does not point out that space boyfriend is conspicuous by his absence and as such can't really be said to be dating Jemma right now. But I'll bet he was thinking it.

Edited by dwmarch

A May episode, so obviously it got me in the feels. Too bad she doesn't know she's handed Andrew over as a hostage/bargaining chip. 

Malick isn't a known baddie, right? Rosa is still comfortably grey, which is where I want her to stay. I'm not here for the romance with Coulson, but whatever. At this point she seems fairly reasonable. Keeping transitioning inhumans in stasis might actually be the best idea if the point is to reverse their transformation. 

The Fitzsimmons video moment was really beautiful. So was the sunrise. I don't care about the scruffy portal guy, but I can't wait till they let in Ego, or whatever it is.

Less of Hunter was appreciated. And I'm glad they stopped with the tired let's kill Klaus Ward plot. Bobbi is right, why is he worth the trouble? When he dies, I hope it's a surprise. 

So Strucker Jr is still alive, good.

Yeah, it'd be too wasteful to kill him off so fast. 

I wish May had actually killed him. Not because I want him dead, but because I'm a fan of the whole "kill the one you love" thing.

(That...doesn't make me sound better.)

Ha, I'm a fan too, but she took the gamble, fully ready to kill him. That was good enough for me.  

Edited by driedfruit
  • Love 3

Why was there such a cozy picture of Jemma and Will together on her phone ... when she used up the battery of the phone in the last ditch effort to get home, and it was only after that she got together with Will?  (Am I misremembering?)  I'm not sure if it's a mistake simply so we could see the symbol on his uniform, or something significant.

That is also how I remembered it. I think  things were added just to fan the Simmons-Fitz angst... such as the picture of Will popping up and sticking almost immediately as Fitz was working on the phone. I did not catch whether Simmons' necklace was in the photo -- supposedly there were editing mistakes in the Blue Planet episode making it disappear and reappear -- and it was supposed to have some story significance.

Most of the episode played out as expected. And it was mostly a relief to have closure on at least one story - Andrew/Lash - since that has been going on since episode 1. The scenes of chasing Lash through hallways had become repetitive.  

I'd like to think they are coming  to a conclusion with Ward. But since the actor has been front and center in the AoS promo pictures, I doubt Ward is going away any time soon. 

I guess we are supposed to think Ros the ATCU lady and Lash were on the same page of thinking  Inhumans are dangerous. If they are not supposed to be paranoid alien haters, it might help to have some scenes of newly turned Inhumans causing some chaos   .... instead of having them attacked and sometimes slaughtered while just hanging out in their apartments...

I am thinking Rosalind was/is working for the remains of the World Council and Mallick was sort of an American representative who survived the Hydra/SHIELD war and now decided to reemerge to take over Ward's network. One head dies two emerge. Mallick was setting up the meeting with President Ellis and other interested parties about the enhanced people's (Inhuman) explosion.

Director Coulson seemed to have been setting up SHIELD as the intelligence arm of the ATCU and I think they now know of Inhumans specifically as that secret is now out thanks to explaining about Lash and his motivations. But the promo monkey seems to be suggesting a hold on that plan as we deal with another Hydra incursion.

I guess we are supposed to think Ros the ATCU lady and Lash were on the same page of thinking  Inhumans are dangerous. If they are not supposed to be paranoid alien haters, it might help to have some scenes of newly turned Inhumans causing some chaos   .... instead of having them attacked and sometimes slaughtered while just hanging out in their apartments...

We have seen Skye, Raina, Andrew and Joey transform with Skye and Joey unwillingly cause some havoc and Raina killing.

As I thought Lash, who seemed to have some sort of limited Inhuman sensing power was hunting down Afterlife Inhumans who had long ago transformed with the help of another sensing Inhuman he found somehow.  Daisy was safe because her work with SHIELD made her good in his eyes

My guess when the crime report hit the computer about Lash's victims the ATCU took jurisdiction of the case.

Poor Coulson. First the cellist and now this. He just can't catch a break with the ladies...

Poor May and poor Andrew. Their vacation flashback just killed me. If this season ends with Andrew dead and Ward STILL alive, I'm quitting the show.

Ok I'm just going to say it: Jemma unwittingly let Fitz see the pic of her and Will was not cool.

• Love 1

I wish May had actually killed him. Not because I want him dead, but because I'm a fan of the whole "kill the one you love" thing.

It proves May is a Bad Ass with a capital B.  Makes up for being upset with Hunter for continuing to go after Ward when Andrew's life was at stake.  And Ming-Na's work this episode stood up to what EH did in 4,722 Hours and what IDC has been doing all season.

Mack better get his shotgun axe soon, and Hunter's right Will has a hog face.  Sorry, just loved that comment by Hunter and Fitz agreeing with him.

Yes and Yes!  Although I don't actually think Will has a hog face, I totally agree in the solidarity the team showed Fitz' on that.  And a shot gun axe NEEDS to be seen - quit toying with us AoS!

Blair Underwood really rocked this episode.  Being Lash made Andrew an even more interesting character and was a great development.

BU did an outstanding job - the differences in his expressions when he was being Andrew-Andrew and the subtle shift when he was Lash-Andrew.  I liked how it was filmed too - him walking slightly behind SkeDaisy and Coulson when they were talking about Lash and how his eyes were looking quite shifty.  Although I don't understand why he handcuffed May if he was afraid of what he would do.

Totally loved that when Lash and Lincoln started their blast-a-thon, no one treats May like a Damsel in Distress.  When the fight has changed location, Coulson goes to check on her, gives her keys to unlock herself and scampers off.

• Love 2

I thought Malick was shown to be a hidden power player in the previous episodes. He was connected to the old Hydra guard, which is why the Strucker kid knew him, but Ward didn't. It's plausible that Rosalind met him through official channels and has no idea of his Hydra connection. I hope so, not because of Coulson, but because her being grey is one of the most interesting things at this point. Then again, the show totally tipped the grey one side or another in previous story lines too, so maybe the complex part is over. It would be a shame though. The interactions, direct or not, between Daisy and Rosalind have been my favorite part of the last episodes.

Did May really just ask Daisy what would she do in reguards to gelling Andrew?

I thought it made sense. May was ready to kill Andrew if that was what it took, and I think she was in the same emotionally muted mindset at the time. As Andrew can't consent to being gelled or not, May has the right to make the decision for him, like she would a medical decision. Daisy is the one person May knows who has an inkling what it means to be on the other side of the decision, however tenuous and subjective her opinion is.

Go away, Lincoln. While I totally get his reasons for going off script to kill Lash, I just have no interest in him as part of Daisy's story. Daisy is at a great point and she has a lot going on; she does not need a love interest. Also, there are now love side plots everywhere. Just stop, show.

• Love 5

BU did an outstanding job - the differences in his expressions when he was being Andrew-Andrew and the subtle shift when he was Lash-Andrew.  I liked how it was filmed too - him walking slightly behind SkeDaisy and Coulson when they were talking about Lash and how his eyes were looking quite shifty.  Although I don't understand why he handcuffed May if he was afraid of what he would do.

Oh he knew what May would and did do, his fear was how Lash would have reacted to May being May.

• Love 5

I thought Rosalind made some good arguments with Daisy.  My problem is I've heard them already in the X-Men movies.  I hope they don't take her and the ATCU down the William Stryker road -- legitimate concerns about the danger that mutants, err, Inhumans represent to normal people leading towards genociding them.  It's been done.

Go away, Lincoln. While I totally get his reasons for going off script to kill Lash, I just have no interest in him as part of Daisy's story. Daisy is at a great point and she has a lot going on; she does not need a love interest. Also, there are now love side plots everywhere. Just stop, show.

Amen on the overdose of lurve plots.  Right now the only person not in a relationship is Mack.  Maybe if Joey the Metal Bender gets out of the Cocoon they'll pair off so everyone can be in a relationship. Though I think it'd be cool if they did become a couple and turned out to be angst-free -- two people who care about each other and enjoy each other's company without all the drama.

• Love 3

I thought Rosalind made some good arguments with Daisy.  My problem is I've heard them already in the X-Men movies.  I hope they don't take her and the ATCU down the William Stryker road -- legitimate concerns about the danger that mutants, err, Inhumans represent to normal people leading towards genociding them.  It's been done.

Agreed and unfortunately AOS has painted anyone who disagrees with Coulson & co with these broad, unsubtle strokes before, so I'm worried that the ATCU is going to go the way of Jiaying and Gonzalez, just cranking up the evil until we're reaching cartoon levels of mustache twirling evil.

• Love 7

From the recap story :

What follows is several iterations of Lash being about to kill someone, being attacked by someone else, and then starting to kill the second person before being attacked by a third person.

This reminded me of how clunky the action scenes have seemed to me this season. There has been a lot of running, gunning and yelling -- and pointing fingers with energy blasts -- but nothing comes off as very polished or inspired or impressive. Andrew handcuffing May to some random piece of equipment with some type of long-ish chain thing just seemed weird and and oddly staged. (And you don't leave May with one hand free.) 

• Love 1