Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Nasty thought bubbling up now: Was there more than one incentive for Robyn (apart from Dayton) to pull the family out of Vegas?  

In the latest episode she suddenly started whining that Ari and Sol could ‘t be without dad for two weeks. But in that cul-de-sac Kody would be close by all the time, simply by being next door, but he would be away an awful lot too! Everybody was claiming his attention, even on assigned days and nights, he could be gone. So near, yet so far away…. (Me being philosophical now)

Then there was this sudden decision to move. Robyn was the first to put that house up for sale and the first who sold. How convenient was that? On to find a house where the others wouldn’t be so near. I’m sure she calculated on the fact that Kody would be less willing to go see Christine and Meri when he had to drive to them. And she was right. All she had to do was get a mansion and make sure the others left or had no suitable house (Janelle) for King Kongdy…

I believe you are correct that she wanted some distance between them.

I also think Robyn saw no reason why the 4 wives should have homes that were all roughly the same value, like they did in Vegas. She does not think family resources should be split equally...they should all go to her. 

She had to find some way of draining the equity out of those homes and get it all to herself.

Look how each wife lives now. Mission accomplished.

• Love 23

@LilyD That is why I get so annoyed with Robyn and Kody. You would think as a parent herself, she would push Kody to be with Ysabel during her surgery. But she is so self consumed by her own concerns about her kids. Get over it Robyn, he is a father to 15 biological kids that need his support, just knowing your parents are there going through a pretty major surgery is important, even if he couldn't be in the hospital during restrictions, knowing he was close by would have been better. Robyn is fake. She almost moved 2 hours away because she was adamant she needed a 7 bedroom rennal, FFS it was a rental, suck it up and have your kids double up or triple up if needed temporarily. She always is claiming that it is Queen Robyn trying to keep the family together, but its always by her rules

• Love 24
22 hours ago, LilyD said:

Roslyn, you’re right about Robyn’s house. Thanks for correcting that and providing the right info.

...you are welcome. I have an odd ability for "recall... ☺️

As for Robyn’s attitude towards Kody potentially leaving for 2 weeks to support Ysabel: You hardly ever catch her actively being nasty, it’s always pretty subtle. But she loudly prioritized her own healthy two kids over a girl who needed her parents because she would be facing serious surgery. How could you? As a mom?

That's the thing with Robyn and (I think) why she gets so much chatter online. Her subtly is very subtle. People seem to watch the same show and come out with two very opposing opinions. It all depends on your personal experiences with people as to how you see her actions/words. I come from a viscous dysfunctional family of nasty, abusive, manipulative women and can see the subtext pretty easily. I think Robyn in the most aware of all the wives and chooses her words very carefully, which is probably why she is very "gitchy" with the various therapists...she fears someone who may be able to see through her.

As for prioritizing her own children...well. She has been in the family for 11 years now and sees the reality of their "culture" and is knuckling down to make sure her kids needs are met.

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

As for prioritizing her own children...well. She has been in the family for 11 years now and sees the reality of their "culture" and is knuckling down to make sure her kids needs are met.

This. It makes me think a little bit differently about Christine's "basement wife" lament and how she expressed regret at not being a more aggressive advocate for herself and her children over the years. I know a lot of that discussion was framed around a time that was mostly pre-Robyn (at least as far as I can remember?), but Robyn, love her or hate her, has been really successful at putting not only her own needs but her kid's needs at the forefront of every fambly decision. Christine, by her own admission, has struggled with that and it has definitely come home to roost with Ysabel. I'm so glad she left.

• Love 18

As I said before... Robochin is the "Queen", whatever she "requires" she gets, no questions asked no approval from anyone else in the fambly required...especially other wives! Mansion, nanny, Kootie's 100% attention. It is kind of amazing he still has any short hairs left!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
On 12/3/2021 at 2:17 PM, lamadeleine said:

This. It makes me think a little bit differently about Christine's "basement wife" lament and how she expressed regret at not being a more aggressive advocate for herself and her children over the years. I know a lot of that discussion was framed around a time that was mostly pre-Robyn (at least as far as I can remember?), but Robyn, love her or hate her, has been really successful at putting not only her own needs but her kid's needs at the forefront of every fambly decision. Christine, by her own admission, has struggled with that and it has definitely come home to roost with Ysabel. I'm so glad she left.

What works for one sister wife, might not work for another.  I've read enough books about polygamy to know that wouldn't have worked for Christine.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Adiba said:

Yes, I’ve heard him call Christine a “ princess” more than once on the show— he apparently feels that anytime she asserts her wants and needs, she’s a princess.

And yet he only married her because she's Plyg Royalty.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15

Kody (and the puff adder Robyn) were sure as hell going to get the plot of land that they wanted.  And it was going to have a Janelle buffer from the other wives.  

Hopefully Christine and Meri haven't agreed to redraw the property lines and one of them will insist they sell the property and settle up.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Kody (and the puff adder Robyn) were sure as hell going to get the plot of land that they wanted.  And it was going to have a Janelle buffer from the other wives.  

Hopefully Christine and Meri haven't agreed to redraw the property lines and one of them will insist they sell the property and settle up.

We discussed the redrawing of the property a few weeks back, after that ridiculous scene with Mike for the show. I think the general consensus out here is that it was solely for show purposes, particularly because you can't just redraw a property like that. It comes with a lengthy and costly process.

Question for the experts: Are there limits to what they can and cannot build out there? We've heard 'plans' from 1 huge plug palace to building4, 5 or 6 homes on the land. Can you actually simply decide to build a number of houses on one property?

• Love 9
On 12/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, LilyD said:

Question for the experts: Are there limits to what they can and cannot build out there? We've heard 'plans' from 1 huge plug palace to building4, 5 or 6 homes on the land. Can you actually simply decide to build a number of houses on one property?

And let’s not forget Janelle’s greenhouses…  😋

• LOL 13
On 12/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, LilyD said:

We discussed the redrawing of the property a few weeks back, after that ridiculous scene with Mike for the show. I think the general consensus out here is that it was solely for show purposes, particularly because you can't just redraw a property like that. It comes with a lengthy and costly process.

It all depends on local zoning laws.   If the parcel is zoned multiple, they would have to submit plans, drawings, etc.  If they plan to build a couple of homes, and some rental units - that would require even further approval.   All of this requires professionals, and money.   Kody can't just say I want this!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am pretty stoked for what looks like the verbal beat down Robyn gets in next weeks trailer. I noticed that Kody and her were not social distancing when they were at Christine's to visit Ysabel, lets face it, Meri, Janelle and Christine are all the ex wives and Robyn in the new HBIC

I'm hoping that next week's preview wasn't heavily edited, because I'd love to see somebody call Robyn out for her bullshit. 

• Love 18
30 minutes ago, nosedive said:

But he's the head of the household!  What authority could a municipality possibly have over such a divine anointing?  

Plus there is the polygamy card. If he doesn't get what he wants he declares they are being persecuted.

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

Plus there is the polygamy card. If he doesn't get what he wants he declares they are being persecuted.

Poor Kody.  Persecuted from so many sides.  The government.  His spirit wives.  His adult male children.  The mortgager of Robyn's house.  The supply chain and its shortage of Victoria's Secret lace teddies. Is it possible to canonize someone before death?  I hope so.  I want to nominate Kody.  St. Kody, Our Lady of Perpetual Persecutions.

• LOL 24
54 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am pretty stoked for what looks like the verbal beat down Robyn gets in next weeks trailer. I noticed that Kody and her were not social distancing when they were at Christine's to visit Ysabel, lets face it, Meri, Janelle and Christine are all the ex wives and Robyn in the new HBIC

What was shown in the preview?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, notnowimbusy said:

It all depends on local zoning laws.   If the parcel is zoned multiple, they would have to submit plans, drawings, etc.  If they plan to build a couple of homes, and some rental units - that would require even further approval.   All of this requires professionals, and money.   Kody can't just say I want this!

I remember when Kody's brother was visiting and they drove to Sedona to see how the draftsperson (not an architect) was coming along with the plans for the Plyg Palace that his brother and/or the draftsperson mentioned the zoning problem, but Kody blew it off. Nothing has changed with this moron.

If Kootie didn't want to be persecuted by the government, mortgage officers, etc. he should have bought a ranch in the middle of nowhere, like his father did and built whatever he wanted.

53 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I'm hoping that next week's preview wasn't heavily edited, because I'd love to see somebody call Robyn out for her bullshit. 

And I hope we hear the answer to Christine's question about the nanny: "What does she DO?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 18
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

And I hope we hear the answer to Christine's question about the nanny: "What does she DO?

Edited 23 hours ago by deirdra

Dusting off Robyn's 8000 precious moments figurines maybe? This alone should keep her busy for hours. 

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
On 12/20/2021 at 1:46 PM, deirdra said:

I remember when Kody's brother was visiting and they drove to Sedona to see how the draftsperson (not an architect) was coming along with the plans for the Plyg Palace that his brother and/or the draftsperson mentioned the zoning problem, but Kody blew it off. Nothing has changed with this moron.

If Kootie didn't want to be persecuted by the government, mortgage officers, etc. he should have bought a ranch in the middle of nowhere, like his father did and built whatever he wanted.

And I hope that she is sking this question to Kody and not just in a talking head. I want to see Kody squirm.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Robyn, the legal wife, owns Kootie, lock, stock, and barrel.  She reminds me of that other plyg show My Five Wives.  The legal wife in that "marriage" also called the husband when it was another wife's night with him, and demanded he come over and fix stuff for her.

And they pretend that "legal doesn't matter."  I call bullshit.  Meri displayed her marriage certificate, when she was the legal wife.  Anything to rub it in and make the other "wives" feel less than!

5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

And I hope that she is sking this question to Kody and not just in a talking head. I want to see Kody squirm.

I do, too.  And yes, please, change the topic title here!  

14 hours ago, absolutelyido said:

Since My Sister Wives' Closet is long dead, I'd like to propose a new title for this thread. Robyn Brown: What does the nanny do?

Perfect.

• Love 15

I'm anxiously waiting for the moment where Kody grows tired of her and gives her the ex-wife treatment.  Kody will eventually tire of her and abandon her. He's done so with 2 emotionally draining and demanding ex-wives and she is as emotionally draining as Christine and Meri combined.

It's not going to last, he's not going to stay, mark my words.

I haven't included Janelle in here, as he sort of tolerates her as a friend and because she's no hard work and not demanding anything. I guess that's the only way to sort of keep this big child into your life.

• Love 16
On 12/23/2021 at 9:09 PM, Sasha888 said:

Before Kody gets a chance to tire of her, he will run out of money to keep her happy and she will dispose of him like a used Kleenex. 

I always love to read your takes on these matters but Robyn's future surely looks bleak  whether she stays with Kody till the end or not. She's a legal wife which entitles her to half of everything he owns but that includes debts

We've discussed their finances at length, but today I stumbled upon an older news article  that wrote about a confession that Christine did during a facebook live session a few years back. She said that Truley's hospital bill was nearly 450k!!!  It made me think about Robyn's lien on her house when Dayton was hospitalised and she was faced with what apparently were HUGE hospital bills. If that was anywhere near Christine's bills, we can add an extra few hundred thousand dollars to all her credit card debts, VS bills, the almost completely financed million dollar mansion, the mortgages on the land and the extra 150,000 dollar loan they allegedly took not too long ago. Kody and Robyn must be close to 2 million dollars in debt, meaning that they'll be stuck in an eternal financial hell loop together!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, LilyD said:

If that was anywhere near Christine's bills, we can add an extra few hundred thousand dollars to all her credit card debts, VS bills, the almost completely financed million dollar mansion, the mortgages on the land and the extra 150,000 dollar loan they allegedly took not too long ago. Kody and Robyn must be close to 2 million dollars in debt, meaning that they'll be stuck in an eternal financial hell loop together!

Couldn't happen to two "better" people!! Karma is a biatch!

Edited by Gramto6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
On 12/22/2021 at 2:20 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I also remember an episode that Kody was at another wives house in LV maybe Christine and she mentioned that Robyn would always call during her time and always insist he had to come back to Robyn's for something or other that she needed him.

Didn't Meri say that Robyn often came over on her nights with Kody at the Lehi house?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

What besides a bad first marriage and a partial childhood of polygamy damaged Robyn so badly that she is now so callous and inhuman?  Is the lack of compassion and basic human decency only because she is a covert narcissist?  I hate to even think about the damage she has inflicted onto her own children.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have another theory about Robyn entering as 4th wife. Because I've lurked older blogs, and have stealth googled Utah, ID and MT, 

I don't believe in the chance meeting myth Robyn and Meri have tried to put out there. 

My understanding is that there were  other families being considered for show. Moroni Jessop had 2 wives, but they weren't signed on. Dargers weren't picked up either. My guess is those were established families, so less drama.  

I'm positive Robyn learned through her own family connections (AUB) grapevine that the Grody Brown Family/TLC  was sniffing around for another wife. One of Robyn's othermother sisters Lisa, is married to a Jessop. She was quoted in an article about polygamy shortly after SW aired.

I don't believe the church dance story any more than I believe Robyn just randomly blew over to Pinesdale when she was 19.  She knew who was there, what could happen, and how to use it. She had been watching how it's done most of her life. Jmo.

When Robyn's first marriage broke up, she was instructed by her mother to "get her scent out there".  The aroma wafted in Kody's direction and he picked it up like the horndog he is.  

Little did the family know that Robyn's scent would soon become a stench.  Janelle and Christine seem to be aware of this now but Meri who cannot admit to ever being wrong about anything, still supports Robyn.  Kody is enraptured by a new bitch that can still come into heat, producing more spawn for his celestial kingdom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

When Robyn's first marriage broke up, she was instructed by her mother to "get her scent out there".  The aroma wafted in Kody's direction and he picked it up like the horndog he is.  

Little did the family know that Robyn's scent would soon become a stench.  Janelle and Christine seem to be aware of this now but Meri who cannot admit to ever being wrong about anything, still supports Robyn.  Kody is enraptured by a new bitch that can still come into heat, producing more spawn for his celestial kingdom.

That scent thing always made me cringe.  That's something I'd never dream of saying to my daughter, if her marriage broke up!  Ick.

Yep, Robyn definitely stank, early on, and it's so crazy that Meri still sucks up to her, and her younger kids.  Well, Janelle does too, but less obviously, just to stay off of Kootie's shit list.  Christine got sick and tired of doing that, and it's not surprising that she did.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have another theory about Robyn entering as 4th wife. Because I've lurked older blogs, and have stealth googled Utah, ID and MT, 

I don't believe in the chance meeting myth Robyn and Meri have tried to put out there. 

My understanding is that there were  other families being considered for show. Moroni Jessop had 2 wives, but they weren't signed on. Dargers weren't picked up either. My guess is those were established families, so less drama.  

I'm positive Robyn learned through her own family connections (AUB) grapevine that the Grody Brown Family/TLC  was sniffing around for another wife. One of Robyn's othermother sisters Lisa, is married to a Jessop. She was quoted in an article about polygamy shortly after SW aired.

I don't believe the church dance story any more than I believe Robyn just randomly blew over to Pinesdale when she was 19.  She knew who was there, what could happen, and how to use it. She had been watching how it's done most of her life. Jmo.

One of the most interesting posts I've read on this board.

• Love 11
15 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I read that on several other websites.  That she was actively trying to be wherever Kody was.  Could just be rumor.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I read that on several other websites.  That she was actively trying to be wherever Kody was.  Could just be rumor.  

Where there's smoke, there's fire....  And, from Robyn's perspective, I can clearly see the appeal in having Kody as a parttime husband to do the chores, having Christine or any of the older kids as fulltime nanny or babysits and claim some of the monthly income without working too hard. Yeah, that would have worked just fine for her.

Too bad nobody told her she'd have to bear that looney Tune another two kids and that she'd gain fulltime custody of that grumpy, manic old man.

• LOL 13
  • Love 3