Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

My worry for Christine is maybe she is blinded by proving to Kody she is worthy of love, sex and respect - which of course she is, but I feel she needs to prove it and flaunt it in his face. That's all fine and dandy if she's not hurrying a relationship to prove it to him (and maybe herself).

Proving it to herself is more likely. She'd known for a long time that she wasn't on the favorite list. And Robyn's entrance made Kody's behavior even worse. Not even "the gift" of a new child could bring Kody back to her. People in similar situations don't have much self-confidence or self-worth. They're hopelessly insecure. New love can cure a lot but that takes time too.

I hope she's sincerely in love with David and not in love with the feeling of having a decent guy treating her right. And she is flaunting it to Kody, he made it painfully obvious that she'd never find any other guy if she dumped him.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Orcinus orca said:

It just means that's when they chose to go public lie about it.  There, FTFY.

Grifters gotta grift.  They need to it fit into their plans for the show.

I'm not 100% convinced they weren't acting according to TLC's plan on when to announce the relationship. I'm sure Christine does still hope to see some income from SW. 

I also think they knew each other much longer than has been portrayed on SM. That is their (and I suppose TLC's) business. I don't think it was a lie in the true sense of a lie as much as just wanting to keep it private while things sorted out w/the Cooter.

And I say: Yes! You go girl! Rub it in the Cooter's face! She deserves to be loved and respected, none of which she got from the Cooter. There are no guarantees with any relationship I just hope for the best outcome for Christine.

I still need to think on this more...

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I'm not 100% convinced they weren't acting according to TLC's plan on when to announce the relationship. I'm sure Christine does still hope to see some income from SW. 

I also think they knew each other much longer than has been portrayed on SM. That is their (and I suppose TLC's) business. I don't think it was a lie in the true sense of a lie as much as just wanting to keep it private while things sorted out w/the Cooter.

And I say: Yes! You go girl! Rub it in the Cooter's face! She deserves to be loved and respected, none of which she got from the Cooter. There are no guarantees with any relationship I just hope for the best outcome for Christine.

I still need to think on this more...

The Cooter!  I love it!  And I agree, rub it in, rub it in!  That idiot thinks he's 
a "good man."  How delusional can one be?

I hope he's positively seething with rage.  Janelle said it best..."fuck off."

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't think it was a lie in the true sense of a lie as much as just wanting to keep it private while things sorted out w/the Cooter.

Reality tv is never reality. But I get annoyed when those in the business claim they aren't lying in the name of privacy. In January, Christine announced she was dating and asked for "online dating tips." She did so, despite being in a relationship with her "soul mate." To me, that's a lie. The better way to protect her privacy is to just not address this at all. But of course we know they can't do that - gotta engage the fans...keep the gossip going... This show, and these people have been doing this for a decade. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 12
  • Applause 2
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

🤦‍♀️

97B846F6-A2A7-40E3-9F1F-249CAD5828A8.jpeg

F53E5D70-5730-4148-942F-6D24EFDF2279.jpeg

I am happy for Christine and I hope this is a happily ever after situation for her, and for her children and his. She deserves all good things after putting up with Kotex and the shitty life he had her trapped in.

That said, I certainly hope she's not fishing for freebies as in, "gift me wedding shit and you'll be on the show/I'll pimp you on social media" bullshit.

• Like 19
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, gingerella said:

She deserves all good things after putting up with Kotex and the shitty life he had her trapped in.

A life that she freely entered.  And a life where she allowed her children to be mistreated. She deserves nothing.

And, yes, she's grifting for a free wedding.

• Like 9
  • Sad 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Christine should be ashamed if she's expecting businesses to give her wedding furnishings for free.  

I'm all for her being happily married, but grifting for all the trimmings is just too much.  Get a TLC wedding if you don't want to pay for it.  Don't ask your local businesses to lose money for your benefit.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, gingerella said:

That said, I certainly hope she's not fishing for freebies as in, "gift me wedding shit and you'll be on the show/I'll pimp you on social media" bullshit.

That’s exactly what she’s doing. 

• Like 13
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

Like why she can’t make do with whatever the TLC budget will be for this ratings grab beautiful union? Christine, please remember the show is not currently airing there is a direct correlation between tolerating your nonsense and being outraged at Kody.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa, wasn't expecting a grift. Certainly between the two of them they can afford a wedding. And if they can't, go to city hall.

I want to continue to be happy for Christine, but it’s getting harder with all the “look at me” and “give me it free” implications. I could see Meri doing this, but Christine? The stuff she’s posting lately is beginning to become tacky. I wonder if businesses out there are getting sick of this kind of thing.  People from low-level tv personalities to “influencers” want stuff for free as if a bit of advertising is a fair trade for all the work and preparation.

I read a few stories recently where businesses are flat out refusing to do this kind of thing anymore. They’re sick of entitled people — they want to be paid for their work (or perhaps TLC is paying for it if it’s filmed?). 

• Like 14
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Whoa, wasn't expecting a grift. Certainly between the two of them they can afford a wedding. And if they can't, go to city hall.

Or have a longer engagement, and you know, work for the money.  This almost sucks as much as a Go Fund Me cash grab.  Tacky as hell!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Well, hopefully her grifted wedding dress will be better than her last one.

It's an unpopular opinion and probably makes me a horrible person, but if I had her follower count I may be tempted to grift some stuff too. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Apparently these two already bought a house in Lehi. 4200 square feet but some people are saying unfinished basement and loft so not finished 4200. 4 bedroom.

Maybe that's why she "needs" freebies. Sigh.

Truely moving again. Correction. - they already moved? 

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 12.32.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 12.32.23 AM.png

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 10
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Apparently these two already bought a house in Lehi. 4200 square feet but some people are saying unfinished basement and loft so not finished 4200. 4 bedroom.

Maybe that's why she "needs" freebies. Sigh.

Truely moving again. Correction. - they already moved? 

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 12.32.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-16 at 12.32.23 AM.png

I flove all of this! Kotex must be seething that some.other man has dipped his wick into Christine's bank account!

• LOL 19

Not that TLC cares, but I believe way back when Barbara Walters fired one of her hosts for grifting wedding vendors. 

Did I read David's business is sheetrock? They're likely saving some good money by buying with the loft and basement unfinished.

So Truly will be changing schools again?

After breaking up with Kody in August of 2021, the next month Christine said she decided in the moment to tell Truely she and Kody were already divorced. I'm guessing that was because she knew Truly would be meeting David very soon... I believe Christine moved in October of 2021, so it seems to me they have been dating almost 2 years, which makes the engagement and house make more sense.

So maybe Christine should have posted something like, after keeping our relationship private while getting to know each other I would like to finally introduce you all to my boyfriend David. Perhaps she didn't post something like that because Christine was cheating (in a sense or for real) on Kody and didn't want the hate.

Christine pulled a Meri, but David was real. Now things that Kody and Meri were saying in the last season of the show make so much more sense.

Okay so my feelings are now lined up. Congratulations Christine! I wish nothing but happiness for you, David and Truely. Now stop being an idiot and pay for your own wedding. However if you do want to get hooked with another attention whore for your wedding dress, call a Duggar or Bates, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you Miss Renee's phone number.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 12
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

I'm not upset by any fake timeline, or the chance that Christine met/knew/conversed with/developed feelings for David before publicly declaring herself divorced, or that she makes decisions for herself and Truely without consulting the internet, or that she may have purchased a house and moved, or that she chooses what she shares on social media and when, or that she might get some joy out of flaunting her new look/life/love in Kody's face.  I do, however, find her last post distasteful because it definitely reads like she's looking for wedding handouts.  It's possible, I guess, that her intention was to promote vendors since she specifically says "local" and that level of publicity might be a boost for them.  Unfortunately, the way it's worded just sounds like a search for freebies or, at best, quid pro quo.  Ick.

• Like 20
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not that TLC cares, but I believe way back when Barbara Walters fired one of her hosts for grifting wedding vendors. 

Did I read David's business is sheetrock? They're likely saving some good money by buying with the loft and basement unfinished.

After breaking up with Kody in August of 2021, the next month Christine said she decided in the moment to tell Truely she and Kody were already divorced. I'm guessing that was because she knew Truly would be meeting David very soon... I believe Christine moved in October of 2021, so it seems to me they have been dating almost 2 years, which makes the engagement and house make more sense.

So maybe Christine should have posted something like, after keeping our relationship private while getting to know each other I would like to finally introduce you all to my boyfriend David. Perhaps she didn't post something like that because Christine was cheating (in a sense or for real) on Kody and didn't want the hate.

Christine pulled a Meri, but David was real. Now things that Kody and Meri were saying in the last season of the show make so much more sense.

Okay so my feelings are now lined up. Congratulations Christine! I wish nothing but happiness for you, David and Truely. Now stop being an idiot and pay for your own wedding. However if you do want to get hooked with another attention whore for your wedding dress, call a Duggar or Bates, I'm sure they'd be happy to give you Miss Renee's phone number.

Star Jones!

• Like 6

I hope Christine finds happiness with David but I can’t shake off his dead wife’s suicide note… she said he was abusive, not a good husband etc.

It kind of creeps me out how he changed his Instagram after meeting Christine and now it sounds like they’re trying to grift a fancy wedding.

If he’s such a successful contractor can’t they pay for their own wedding?

He seems a little too comfortable with taking advantage of Christine’s celebrity status and TLC connection. 

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I hope Christine finds happiness with David but I can’t shake off his dead wife’s suicide note… she said he was abusive, not a good husband etc.

It kind of creeps me out how he changed his Instagram after meeting Christine and now it sounds like they’re trying to grift a fancy wedding.

If he’s such a successful contractor can’t they pay for their own wedding?

He seems a little too comfortable with taking advantage of Christine’s celebrity status and TLC connection. 

I guess I missed talk of a suicide note. Did one of his kids talk about it?

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I missed talk of a suicide note. Did one of his kids talk about it?

I could be wrong but I think some gossip rag or a particular person got access to the police report which included it.

It’s important to know she had a mental illness, and some sort of substance abuse had been going on.

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Christine promoting local businesses/vendors that provide services for her wedding is fine, but she needs to pay them CASH and also shout them out for the publicity. 

I do believe she knew David before and probably started dating him officially at the move. Christine has never been “alone”- yes she had to share Kody, but she got with him at 21(right) and a man in her life since then. When Kody said their marriage was finished and he wasn’t going to have sex with her any more she was done (justifiably), so she met someone else. Nothing wrong with that but I do think it’s dishonest to grift vendors for her wedding. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 4/14/2023 at 1:50 PM, Kellyee said:

The sudden need to move to Utah RIGHT NOW always seemed a little odd to me. Kody neglects his kids all the time, but he misses Ysabel's surgery and suddenly Christine is heartbroken and needs to run away. 

I hate to say it, but I think its totally possible Christine met David BEFORE deciding to leave Kody for sure. I don't have any evidence of this except that she suddenly had a desperate need to relocate to Utah that never really made sense because it happened so fast. And of course Christine would never admit that because it makes her look a lot less sympathetic, and her MLM businesses boomed based on the perception others had of her as a victim. She also got a cooking show because of the same perception. 

And if Christine was already dating, Kody's paranoia over her meeting someone else make a lot more sense. 

I wondered if her rush was due the Coyote pass deal, like she wanted to get while the getting was good and before  Kody and Robyn figured out she was getting the better end of the deal. 

• Like 8
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I wondered if her rush was due the Coyote pass deal, like she wanted to get while the getting was good and before  Kody and Robyn figured out she was getting the better end of the deal. 

It could be a mixture of that and what @Kellyee said above. Christine had nothing in AZ besides Kody and Janelle. Her family was all in Utah- I am not surprised she wanted to go back. Not as if she had a typical 9-5 tying her to AZ. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I could be wrong but I think some gossip rag or a particular person got access to the police report which included it.

It’s important to know she had a mental illness, and some sort of substance abuse had been going on.

I know of at least one person who died by suicide after a longtime mental illness. She accused her ex-husband in her suicide note of many awful things which were not true. It does happen. 

• Like 13
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1

I want to root for Christine but she just makes it so hard lol

I understand why she is marketing her relationship and now, of course, her wedding.  She needs publicity to keep people interested in her so she can stay on TV and keep that MLM money rolling in.  But since when does anyone throw out to vendors the suggestion that they contact her if they are interested in "helping" her with her wedding? 

That's now how this works.  That's not how any of this works! 

Why not just ask people for recommendations for wedding stuff - a caterer, florist, bridal shop, etc.  That will keep people talking and involved.   She can figure out who is willing to cut her a deal later if she must.   It's just so tacky to ask "local business owners" for "help" as if it's not completely obvious she's asking for freebies.  

Did Christine think she was being clever by going about it the way she did?  Did she not realize how transparent her little scheme was?   

She always manages to undermine herself by being so dumb! 

• Like 10
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I know of at least one person who died by suicide after a longtime mental illness. She accused her ex-husband in her suicide note of many awful things which were not true. It does happen. 

It does. But the reverse is also true. She was alone at home with eight small children in a rigid mormon patriarchal culture. Just because she had mental illness/addiction does not mean that her perspective or accusations were untrue. We simply don't know. We don't even know what type of mental illness/addiction issues she had, when they started, or what were the triggers. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 4
19 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Get a TLC wedding if you don't want to pay for it.  Don't ask your local businesses to lose money for your benefit.

Unless of course, TLC isn't willing to pay for it?🤔 It wouldn't surprise me if the Browns were told their show is coming to an end after  this season since there's no longer a polygamous family to follow, so she might need the money, freebies and media attention.Just me logically thinking here: If TLC were to pay for it, there's no reason to grift.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

I'm not sure how the funding with TLC works, but maybe Christine is hoping to get as much free stuff as she can so she can blow whatever money TLC is willing to put towards her nuptials on an ostentatious, over-the-top wedding or a fabulous honeymoon. 

??? 

• Like 8

So much emphasis on the wedding rather than the marriage. It seems a bit over the top for two 50 something people to go full tilt. 

Admittedly, Christine didn't have much going on the first time around, but I see nothing wrong in a civil ceremony at their home with a gathering of close friends and family.

A good incentive to get that basement and loft finished in their new home.

At least she will finally have an official certificate to adorn the wall.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

So much emphasis on the wedding rather than the marriage. It seems a bit over the top for two 50 something people to go full tilt. 

Admittedly, Christine didn't have much going on the first time around, but I see nothing wrong in a civil ceremony at their home with a gathering of close friends and family.

A good incentive to get that basement and loft finished in their new home.

At least she will finally have an official certificate to adorn the wall.

I'm pretty sure that Meri doesn't follow Christine on SM (read that somewhere) but it would serve #1 aka ex-HBIC right if Christine took a picture of that wedding certificate and posted it so Meri would see it.

That's assuming the wedding goes through.  We don't have a supposed date yet, do we?

• Like 6
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Unless of course, TLC isn't willing to pay for it?🤔 It wouldn't surprise me if the Browns were told their show is coming to an end after  this season since there's no longer a polygamous family to follow, so she might need the money, freebies and media attention. Just me logically thinking here: If TLC were to pay for it, there's no reason to grift.

My guess is that even if the show is canceled before the wedding, TLC would do a "wedding special" if Christine and her fiance were game. Under the circumstances, If she's really trying to get freebies from vendors, it's pretty gauche.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I don't have a problem believing that Christine needed to move quickly because (as was reported by other places, not just on the show) she got an offer very soon after listing her house.  That offer fell through so the sale was delayed, but I wouldn't expect her to move back into a house she'd already vacated. 

She could've met David any time over the last 18 months & avoided making "dating" comments on social media for a variety of reasons (common sense being one!)  I think it was smart (not suspicious) for him to create new media-ready social accounts before the relationship became public. Anything posted previously was probably meant for family & acquaintances; he doesn't owe fans (or anti-fans) access to his personal history.

I got divorced at around the age Christine is now and by far prefer single life, so her choice is not one I'd make.  But if she's found what she wants - and it seems she has - good for her.  As long as she pays her wedding vendors. 

• Like 13
  • Love 2

If you're a nice person before the onset of a mental health illness, you'll be a nice person after and beyond. Short of having a thought disorder or personality disorder, mental health issues don't compel anyone to harm others, emotionally or physically.

Through my years of working in the higher levels of care my experience with suicide notes is if there is one, they are usually kind, apologetic and loving. Of course some are mean and vindictive, but those are rare. The illness isn't what dictates the notes, its the circumstances and/or the personality of the one taking their life.

• Like 5
  • Useful 10
20 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

ITA 100%.  But I'd suggest she see that wedding dress/party dress lady who does all those HUGE dresses for those "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" people. I think she makes the gypsy people PAY HER for their dresses, though.

And didn't old Douchie try to run the same grift up the flagpole while talking to contractors for Prairie Dog Pass??  I recall the guy saying, "uh, NO."

Edited by goofygirl
  • Like 11
15 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

It does. But the reverse is also true. She was alone at home with eight small children in a rigid mormon patriarchal culture. Just because she had mental illness/addiction does not mean that her perspective or accusations were untrue. We simply don't know. We don't even know what type of mental illness/addiction issues she had, when they started, or what were the triggers. 

Exactly. That’s why I don’t let any of her accusations color any opinion I have about David.

14 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I was 46 and went pretty full tilt. It was my first marriage (and I intend for it to be the only one). If they can afford it, I don’t see any reason not have exactly the wedding they want. It doesn’t mean they aren’t concerned with the quality of the marriage as well. Though given Christine’s recent post, I suppose there is some question of what they can afford…

• Like 14
14 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Under the circumstances, If she's really trying to get freebies from vendors, it's pretty gauche.

Next up:  A GoFundMe, mark my words.  And her slobbering syncophats will happily shell out bucks for a chance to be linked to their goddess.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

They bought a home together before they got engaged? It’s takes a few weeks to do that.    I think I now agree with people who say these two have been dating much longer than they are admitting to.    That’s actually better in my opinion, because it means they aren’t rushing into it as much as I thought. I don’t feel defrauded by them keeping it private  until they knew their future plans. I still think she should have sat out of the dating pool for a while, and then dated others casually for a while first. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 10
On 4/15/2023 at 4:01 PM, gingerella said:

I am happy for Christine and I hope this is a happily ever after situation for her, and for her children and his. She deserves all good things after putting up with Kotex and the shitty life he had her trapped in.

I was going to write the very same thing

• Like 6