Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was just looking at some pictures of Logan’s wedding and wondered what’s going on with Christine’s leg, it looks like she has a lump on her shin…. maybe Goblyn kicked her.. 

That doesn't look good, does it?  Blood clot maybe?  I had one that looked similar.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
10 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was just looking at some pictures of Logan’s wedding and wondered what’s going on with Christine’s leg, it looks like she has a lump on her shin…. maybe Goblyn kicked her.. 

9141CF56-0A65-40E7-A728-3CB659033897.jpeg

46CAE6D0-E918-48DD-B6DA-E4333779B5A7.jpeg

This is an occasion in which pantyhose (I know but I’m old) would have improved their look. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Aspenglow said:

This is an occasion in which pantyhose (I know but I’m old) would have improved their look. 

Tights are making a comeback (which I’m glad about, my own legs are no longer sleek and perfect). I miss my 20s-30s. 

• Like 7
16 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Tights are making a comeback (which I’m glad about, my own legs are no longer sleek and perfect). I miss my 20s-30s. 

I was thinking more along the lines of a smoother look around the tummy and hips, etc. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
On 11/18/2022 at 2:39 PM, zenme said:

Is there some rule in this family that all dresses must be purchased one size too small? Even the slimmest of Christine's girls had dresses that were so tight that they showed every flaw.  But, that said, they are an attractive group.

This is just a thing with people now.  My 38 year old daughter is the same way.  Everything looks 1-3 sizes too small.  The proper foundation garments will make that look better.  I my self never had a problem with thick legs or hips, but I do have a gut on me.  So as a younger person, I was made to wear a girdle or one piece smoother and a slip with a dress.  Yes as much as I hate to admit it.  It does make the clothes look better on a person.  

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 11/18/2022 at 4:03 PM, Joan of Argh said:

9141CF56-0A65-40E7-A728-3CB659033897.jpeg

Ref. Lump on Christine’s shin.  Maybe, lipoma.  Dr. Pimple Popper removes them a lot, I actually have one on my side. 

• Useful 3
On 10/23/2022 at 5:43 PM, Cetacean said:

Is there some rule in this family that all dresses must be purchased one size too small? Even the slimmest of Christine's girls had dresses that were so tight that they showed every flaw.  But, that said, they are an attractive group.

I agree. Christine and her girls are gorgeous, but ill-fitting clothes suit no one, especially at a WEDDING where you know you will be photographed to death. I do understand wanting to be comfortable, because you to dance, eat, drink, have fun, and the days are long, but again, its a wedding not a family picnic (nothing wrong with picnics at weddings by the way).

On 11/20/2022 at 9:30 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

This is just a thing with people now.  My 38 year old daughter is the same way.  Everything looks 1-3 sizes too small.  The proper foundation garments will make that look better.  I my self never had a problem with thick legs or hips, but I do have a gut on me.  So as a younger person, I was made to wear a girdle or one piece smoother and a slip with a dress.  Yes as much as I hate to admit it.  It does make the clothes look better on a person.  

I am 37 and my great aunts would be rolling over in their graves if they knew I stepped out to a wedding without the proper undergarments on, I don't think its an age thing, I think its a social group thing. Spanx and Skims (and their amazon type equivalents) are so much more comfortable than the shape wear of the 90s (like a girdle). 

Of course anyone can wear that they want, but I feel so much more secure and put together if I know I am wearing shape wear for events like that, even if you size up from your usual size of dress/outfit. 

18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Ref. Lump on Christine’s shin.  Maybe, lipoma.  Dr. Pimple Popper removes them a lot, I actually have one on my side. 

I thought her legs may have been swelling in the heat, and made an indentation where she crossed them.

• Like 4
27 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I'm having flashbacks to Meri's commitment ceremony dress...

You're welcome and/or I'm sorry...

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 3.32.24 PM.png

You read my mind!  Unforgettable fashion faux pas.  Why that woman wears 2 sizes to small clothing is a mystery.  How can she even sit comfortably?

Leg swelling can be a side effect of meds.  I have high blood pressure, and my feet and legs swell in the evening (not a lot, but I can see the difference.)  Maybe Christine takes a similar med?

just a guess.

Edited by xwordfanatik
add a sentence or two.
  • Like 5
  • Love 3
On 11/18/2022 at 10:03 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Meri could learn a lot from Christine. You can pick a neckline that is not too revealing. Much better than always choosing one with a huge cleavage (when you don't want one) and cover it with a white shirt. Meri is like Michelle Duggar in that respect. And Christine's waist looks amazing, whereas Meri's dress puts all the emphasis on her stomach. I fully agree on the tights though. Christine should have worn one. 

I like Gwen's dress too, am just puzzled by the colour which stands out a lot compared to the rest which all seem to focus on a greyish blue or green style. Can't detect any real dress code though.

And Truely.....why? Who dressed that girl? They could have done so much better. Why the white thing (not sure what to call it?) again? She does seem to wear a nice green dress. And those ankle socks with prints in the ballerinas? Just a plain NO. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

And Truely.....why? Who dressed that girl? They could have done so much better. Why the white thing (not sure what to call it?) again? She does seem to wear a nice green dress. And those ankle socks with prints in the ballerinas? Just a plain NO. 

My guess is that she dressed herself and was comfortable with her choice. The ankle socks threw me, too, but I'm just glad to see her there with her mom and sisters, all with smiles on their faces.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13

While racing through the Sister Wives book hunting for some information re. some questions in the Kody thread, I came across the following interesting bit by Christine: In chapter 7 she describes an incident that occurred between her and Meri that really soured their relationship. It was a few years before Truly was born and about the way Meri treated her kids. I'll quote the passage here:

"For a while, I'd been feeling that she was too tough on my kids. While I understand that all children need discipline, I often felt that she went too far when it came to my children. It seemed to me that she was taking out her frustrations out on my kids in particular. As a result of this, many were wary of her and were afraid to cross her accidentally."

Christine stood up for her kids here though she admitted that she left it too long. She had a huge fight with Meri and as a result their relationship became very troubled. At the time of the book (2012) it still hadn't gone back to normal and they "were still working on it" I guess it also explains why her children feel so little love for Meri. It also proves to us that Meri really has some nasty traits. It's not just for the show, the woman we see on the show is the real deal.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

While racing through the Sister Wives book hunting for some information re. some questions in the Kody thread, I came across the following interesting bit by Christine: In chapter 7 she describes an incident that occurred between her and Meri that really soured their relationship. It was a few years before Truly was born and about the way Meri treated her kids. I'll quote the passage here:

"For a while, I'd been feeling that she was too tough on my kids. While I understand that all children need discipline, I often felt that she went too far when it came to my children. It seemed to me that she was taking out her frustrations out on my kids in particular. As a result of this, many were wary of her and were afraid to cross her accidentally."

Christine stood up for her kids here though she admitted that she left it too long. She had a huge fight with Meri and as a result their relationship became very troubled. At the time of the book (2012) it still hadn't gone back to normal and they "were still working on it" I guess it also explains why her children feel so little love for Meri. It also proves to us that Meri really has some nasty traits. It's not just for the show, the woman we see on the show is the real deal.

Yeah, I could see this. I could see a situation where Meri was more of a disciplinarian, but kids KNOW when you are playing favorites. I can also see Meri not being very fair in how she doled out punishments and being insensitive. For the record I dont think she was intentionally cruel or abusive to the kids- but she was supposed to be a mother figure and parents are not perfect (lose their temper, aren't always fair etc), kids tend to know as they look back on it as adults when a caregiver did something out of love (even if it was a mistake) vs doing something to be petty.

I could see Christine teaching her kids to respect their elders and obey Meri, but she also expected Meri to treat them fairly and remember that SHE as the elder is to set the example. Using children as the target of frustration is common, as they have no power and cannot fight back (socially or physically). I have only heard Meri ever say glowing things about Aspyn and Logan, but those two were also so dutiful I doubt they were much trouble. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

This comes up often and I think as you explained in the Kody thread - there's no way we will really understand the nuances of what happened. I absolutely believe that Meri may have shown favoritism and I absolutely believe that Christine interpreted Meri's attempts at discipline as hostile back then.

However in my opinion, this all gets muddled because Christine was not at all a disciplinarian. She still isn't. She is a friends first fun mom. We know Aspyn was deeply parentified (which Christine later realizes). And those boys were at times out of control - even on camera. Gwen says she suffered bullying in her family. She and Paedon still do not have a good relationship as a result. Gabe and Garrison were all over the place too.  And several children like Logan, Hunter, Ysabel and Gwen have expressed a fondness for Meri. So I don't think she was the "monster" that one "favorite" outspoken child said. I think all of the above can be true. She was probably overly protective of Leon, perhaps at times harsh - but maybe discipline was desperately needed.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Like 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 11/21/2022 at 3:32 PM, the-grey-lady said:

I'm having flashbacks to Meri's commitment ceremony dress...

You're welcome and/or I'm sorry...

Screen Shot 2022-11-21 at 3.32.24 PM.png

That dress always makes me think…

”In the valley of the jolly, ho, ho, ho… green giant!”  😋

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, LilyD said:

That fits perfectly into the comments Kody made during their meeting when he said that he brought Christine into the family as a payback to Meri for being a bitch to Janelle and her kids…. So Christine is brought in which adds to Meri’s jealousy so Meri in her immature, nasty way takes out her anger on Christine and her kids too.

Meri was a bitch to Janelle, Christine and their kids even though Janelle and Christine totally sacrificed for the family but she falls all over herself and pisses her pants for Robyn and her spawn even though Robyn hasn’t done one damn thing to benefit the family!

• Applause 4
  • Love 5

I think its fair to say Christine did not single handedly raise the Brown 12, nor did Janelle single handedly financially support the families. I also think its fair to say none of the OG3 had a special bound with each other - ever - until now.

Also rules and reasonable discipline make kids feel safe and loved. What appears harsh to us on screen is likely 'just Meri' to the kids. And there is no way, no how Christine was always this Glenda the Good Witch with these kids. The way I see it, Christine was the more nurturing parent, Meri was the need order parent and Janelle was the, oh shit, I don't like parenting, parent. But I'm sure Christine made her fair share of parenting mistakes, I'm sure Meri offered plenty of hugs and fun and I'm sure Janelle begrudgingly stepped in and parented the kids way more often than she gets credit for.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
On 11/20/2022 at 10:30 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Do people not quote from steel magnolias anymore?? I haven’t gone out without Lycra on these thighs since I was 14 ….   

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
On 11/20/2022 at 4:30 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Maybe this is a direct result from our society's emphasis on looks? And also how you can deceive yourself by convincing yourself you still fit in a small when you don't?

The thing is...you can't see what size you have from the outside. So it's better to wear that size L and look good (and slim!)  than cram yourself into a Small that makes you look like a sausage!  Clothes that fit well, will hide those few extra pounds, whereas your extra few pounds will be highlighted by your way too tight-fitting size S dress.

• Applause 5
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

That dress always makes me think…

”In the valley of the jolly, ho, ho, ho… green giant!”  😋

I actually like the color.  Unfortunately, that's the only thing I like...

Kootie said "Christine saved our bacon."  He's not saying that anymore.  Now he never wants to see her again.  Did he go along with Sobyn to see the babies?  He wasn't in any of the pictures I saw.  But Aerosol and King Sol "can't be without their dad."  Besides, Christine was there, and now Kootie hates her.  What he especially hates is not being able to take her money, to buy more undies and Precious Moments figurines for Sobyn.

• Like 5

These looks are less problems of size than of dressing room lighting and lack of foresight.  The fabrics aren't forgiving, and they didn't factor in *relaxing*. You go into a dressing room, you're standing straight, admiring yourself using your best posture in the mirror. And it's a smooth silhouette even without foundation garments (especially for the young women).

But then you put the dress on, the weather is warm, you ride in the car, you sit at the ceremony, THEN you pose for photos. You have to anticipate and compensate for all those things with less clingy fabrics, styles that don't cling in the wrong places when you relax your abdomen, etc.  Foundation garments or choose more carefully knowing that you don't have washboard abs and therefore clingy will not flatter. 

A sad but valuable trick is to try on a dress, relax your body like you're just schlubbing around the house, THEN look at yourself in the mirror. If it still looks good, grab it. But know that any unpleasantness revealed is going to be what other people see the moment you let your guard down. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7
On 11/21/2022 at 6:46 AM, TurtlePower said:

Skims makes smoothing, control tights.

Sorry, I'm not going to support anything promoted by the Kardashians!

But I came here to say I recently read Christine sold her CP property to Kody and Robyn for the princely sum of $ 10!!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I thought that Janelle said that Christine transferred her share of the Coyote Pass lot that her name was on it to "the family" in exchange for keeping the equity in her house when it sold. Janelle said it was pretty much an even exchange. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I thought that Janelle said that Christine transferred her share of the Coyote Pass lot that her name was on it to "the family" in exchange for keeping the equity in her house when it sold. Janelle said it was pretty much an even exchange. 

I wish Christine had signed her CP lot over to Janelle only.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2022 at 6:29 AM, GeeGolly said:

I think its fair to say Christine did not single handedly raise the Brown 12, nor did Janelle single handedly financially support the families. I also think its fair to say none of the OG3 had a special bound with each other - ever - until now.

Also rules and reasonable discipline make kids feel safe and loved. What appears harsh to us on screen is likely 'just Meri' to the kids. And there is no way, no how Christine was always this Glenda the Good Witch with these kids. The way I see it, Christine was the more nurturing parent, Meri was the need order parent and Janelle was the, oh shit, I don't like parenting, parent. But I'm sure Christine made her fair share of parenting mistakes, I'm sure Meri offered plenty of hugs and fun and I'm sure Janelle begrudgingly stepped in and parented the kids way more often than she gets credit for.

I certainly agree that Christine was the more nurturing parent who did most of the day to day caregiving for the smaller kids, but I don’t think Janelle didn’t like parenting at all. I’ve always contended if Janelle was a “Jason” and Jason and Christine were in a heterosexual monogamous marriage, no one would ever accuse Jason of not being a good parent. I think Janelle was present, and she was an earner, I also think she was better suited to parenting older kids and teens than those early developmental years. 

In that same vein I think if Christine was a Christopher in a hetero monogamous marriage with Janelle, a lot of people would claim Christopher was lazy and didn’t want to work. 

(not saying this is you, but a societal “you”)

I think gender roles and biases often affect how well the Browns parenting is perceived. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I certainly agree that Christine was the more nurturing parent who did most of the day to day caregiving for the smaller kids, but I don’t think Janelle didn’t like parenting at all. I’ve always contended if Janelle was a “Jason” and Jason and Christine were in a heterosexual monogamous marriage, no one would ever accuse Jason of not being a good parent. I think Janelle was present, and she was an earner, I also think she was better suited to parenting older kids and teens than those early developmental years. 

In that same vein I think of Christine was a Christopher in a hetero monogamous marriage with Janelle, a lot of people would claim Christopher was lazy and didn’t want to work. 

(not saying this is you, but a societal “you”)

I think gender roles and biases often affect how well the Browns parenting is perceived. 

That is really interesting - I've never thought of it that way. 

Janelle comes across to me as someone who isn't warm and fuzzy on the surface but I do think she is a caring person and from the way she talks about her kids, it's clear that she is close to them and understands what they are thinking and feeling. I can definitely see that parenting older children and being in the role of parenting adult children is her parental sweet spot.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That is really interesting - I've never thought of it that way. 

Janelle comes across to me as someone who isn't warm and fuzzy on the surface but I do think she is a caring person and from the way she talks about her kids, it's clear that she is close to them and understands what they are thinking and feeling. I can definitely see that parenting older children and being in the role of parenting adult children is her parental sweet spot.

I could see this about Janelle. I also think the number of kids she and Christine had affect how their parenting is viewed. In the later half of the 20th century, if someone has six biological children (like Christine did) it’s assumed that you LOVE kids and LOVE caregiving because medical contraception is readily accessible and most women only have 2-3 kids in the USA. 

Christine having so many kids signals “caregiver” to us, and although Janelle had the same number, her parenting style looks more out of place. If Janelle had 1-2 kids I don’t think people would think much of the type of parent she was. 

• Like 5
On 7/23/2014 at 2:22 PM, Galloway Cave said:

I heard it as a hard "INK" sound ("amaz-INK") and it was driving me crazy too. I kept wondering why she was putting a K on the end of words.

How 'bout that Liberty Mutual jingle:   Liber-DEE, Liber-DEE, Liber-DEE.

I came to this forum by accident (trying to find Life After Lockup).  I saw the first show...maybe the second, but was so TURNED OFF by wannabe-playboy KODY in his little white sportscar that I never watched another episode.  I've seen only clips for "next time."  Hope he turned out to be the creep he was signaling.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:
2 hours ago, Back Atcha said:

Hope he turned out to be the creep he was signaling.

A thousand times creepier...

My best friend since 1948 (we met in third grade) LOVED this series.  I assume she still does.  She actually told me she was watching it to "learn more about the Mormon culture."  We live in the Phoenix area; there are probably Mormon families on her block.  She always liked the "bad boys," but most of them weren't very creepy.  Kory takes the Creepy Cake!!

P.S.  She keeps up with and adopts every Real Housewife franchise that comes along, saying she doesn't want to miss out on anything.  LOVES Everything Kardashian.  She still has a subscription to PEOPLE Magazine (I don't)...so I'm WAY behind in any/all cultures.

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

She actually told me she was watching it to "learn more about the Mormon culture."

I don't think that Kody or any of his wives were ever mainstream Mormons, were they? If they were, they aren't now. The mainstream Mormon church does not support polygamy, I don't think.

4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

The mainstream Mormon church does not support polygamy, I don't think.

In 1890, became clear that Utah would not be admitted to the Union while polygamy was still practiced, church president Wilford Woodruff issued a Manifesto that officially terminated the practice of polygamy.  That was the "official" stance, almost 123yrs ago.

The polygamous marriages eventually stopped in 1904 when church president Joseph F. Smith disavowed polygamy before Congress and issued a "Second Manifesto," calling for all plural marriages in the church to cease, and established excommunication as the consequence for those who disobeyed.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:14 PM, Absolom said:
On 11/18/2022 at 2:03 PM, Joan of Argh said:

That doesn't look good, does it?  Blood clot maybe?  I had one that looked similar.

Or...chronic edema following surgery?  There could be a large scar just abouve that "lump" area.  A knee replacement scar looks nothing like that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I don't think that Kody or any of his wives were ever mainstream Mormons, were they? If they were, they aren't now. The mainstream Mormon church does not support polygamy, I don't think.

They were AUB: The Apostolic United Brethren which is a branch of the fundamentalist mormons. The fundamentalists do practise and support polygamy.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I found this article which supports what I recall hearing that Kody’s parents left the mainstream LDS church when Kody was a teen.  It was due to his father deciding to take up plural marriage.  LDS no longer support polygamy.  I’m also posting a link for an old photo of Kody with his dad.  I hadn’t see that one before.  

https://screenrant.com/sister-wives-kody-brown-life-before-show-polygamy/

https://www.google.com/search?q=kody+brown+father&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS941US958&oq=kody+brown+father&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i22i30j0i390.13245j1j4&hl=en-US&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=ikfksDwTiZvafM

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

They were AUB: The Apostolic United Brethren which is a branch of the fundamentalist mormons. The fundamentalists do practise and support polygamy.

Kody was mainstream LDS — he even went on a 2 year mission. When he came back, his parents had decided to join the AUB and practice polygamy. Janelle was raised mainstream LDS and became AUB as an adult. Meri’s family started out LDS but became polygamous early in her childhood. No idea bout Robyn— and Christine’s grandfather was a founder of the AUB so she was raised in it.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Adiba said:

Kody was mainstream LDS — he even went on a 2 year mission. When he came back, his parents had decided to join the AUB and practice polygamy. Janelle was raised mainstream LDS and became AUB as an adult. Meri’s family started out LDS but became polygamous early in her childhood. No idea bout Robyn— and Christine’s grandfather was a founder of the AUB so she was raised in it.

I could be wrong but I think Robyn's original family was LDS.  For sure the Sullivan's were before taking a second wife.