Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe Strive is really just a support group for people like her trying to get by mentally and physically.  That's all that she can manage, and maybe that's all they can manage.

That would be fine if that was how she advertised herself.

Unfortunately from what I've read on her site that isn't the case.

• Love 3

I'm just going to say it. I looked at the picture of Janelle at Aspyn's graduation, and she looks bigger than she did in Las Vegas. She has been taking people's money for 2 and a half years with Strive and she's as big as she's been in a long time. 

I feel like she posts things on Strive but really doesn't live that lifestyle. The excuse in Vegas was it's too hot, well she's been in Flagstaff for 10 months, and keeps posting about how she is walking and hiking, but she's driving to the farmers market eating cupcakes and drinking lemonade.

At some point enough time and excuses pass, and the truth shows. She obviously isn't consistently eating healthy or exercising, but takes others money to advise them how to do something she isn't.

If she was the spokesperson for any other health weight loss company she would be fired. Her program does not work for her.

• Love 13
(edited)
31 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I'm just going to say it. I looked at the picture of Janelle at Aspyn's graduation, and she looks bigger than she did in Las Vegas. She has been taking people's money for 2 and a half years with Strive and she's as big as she's been in a long time. 

I feel like she posts things on Strive but really doesn't live that lifestyle. The excuse in Vegas was it's too hot, well she's been in Flagstaff for 10 months, and keeps posting about how she is walking and hiking, but she's driving to the farmers market eating cupcakes and drinking lemonade.

At some point enough time and excuses pass, and the truth shows. She obviously isn't consistently eating healthy or exercising, but takes others money to advise them how to do something she isn't.

If she was the spokesperson for any other health weight loss company she would be fired. Her program does not work for her.

I totally agree.  I get it that it's probably hard for her given whatever metabolic and other medical issues she might have, but it's not impossible for her to find something that works.  She just doesn't really want to do it, that's all, despite making a really weak effort to convince the world that she is.  If she's anything like me it's really difficult and I get that, but considering she passing herself off as a health coach she'd better know what works for her by now.  I struggle along but at least I know what works for me.  It's not easy but that's my lot in life unfortunately.  She needs to work on what's bothering her emotionally before she can lose weight.*  I don't get the feeling that Janelle is a very self aware person, though.  She might think she knows herself but I doubt she really does or that she has what it takes to face what's really bothering her deep down.

*P.S.  I think most of us here know what's bothering her better than she does!

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 9

To me, Janelle doesn’t stick with anything long enough to know if it “works”.

I have no clue if she has any paying customers for her phone chats. No clue if anyone buys the products from Strive. The posts I put here are from the Strive Facebook page. She hasn’t put anything on the actual Strive page since May 30, 2018.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I have no clue if she has any paying customers for her phone chats. No clue if anyone buys the products from Strive. The posts I put here are from the Strive Facebook page. She hasn’t put anything on the actual Strive page since May 30, 2018.

I'm guessing Strife is nothing more than a tax dodge shell business.  Another way to bleed the beast with posting business losses every year.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm guessing Strife is nothing more than a tax dodge shell business.  Another way to bleed the beast with posting business losses every year.

They are not immune to the concept.  When Meri went hat in hand for the BnB, Robyn defensively said of SWC "well it helps out at tax time".  That can only mean one thing to me.

• Love 10
On 5/17/2019 at 3:25 PM, ginger90 said:

I may have to give up sharing this crap!

21022E0D-35F8-476A-9E20-E988EB068E83.jpeg

Who drinks five glasses of lemonade with dinner?! 

The cheap looking silverware, huge quesadilla, the glob of dried-out looking refried beans and the two gallons of lemonade point to it being all Janelle.  If it's a stock photo, it sure is a weird one to tack on to the end of her post about processed food.  When you read through one of these things and play the game "Janelle or @Mahamid Frauded Me?" you know things are getting ridiculous.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I agree and have suspected this for years. What a ridiculous business idea for someone who cannot make any lifestyle changes, but has a business selling health. How hypocritical of this woman to take peoples' money and not follow the lifestyle herself--and that's why I am so snarky over it. She doesn't just have some wellness support blog, she's taking people money for something she can't accomplish herself. 

Janelle can't run with the big dogs in this industry and she looks incredibly stupid for trying to do so. Not only hasn't she improved her health, she cannot articulate a single thought on her Strive page without sounding like a novice. 

One thing I can't stand and tend to be hard on is an imposter. 

• Love 14
14 hours ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I feel like she posts things on Strive but really doesn't live that lifestyle. 

At least she called it "Strive", not "Achieve", but she doesn't seem to be striving anymore.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5438C995-FFD0-4E09-B917-F6DE65139184.jpeg

A35FEECD-13C7-4360-AA3A-0B511D04B146.jpeg

A92B3C8A-FC55-4060-8342-977838861A12.jpeg

2E7BF2BE-B502-4883-9931-D4811E82CB05.jpeg

7C0D7CFC-C2DB-4C1D-8665-3CED471BD4E3.jpeg

Oh FFS - Do we really think she actually  "worked out" more like she stopped outside the hotel gym, opened the door and took a picture on her way to the breakfast buffet.  Her aimless dribble above, seriously - does she get paid by the letter in each post ? It made absolute no sense.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

5438C995-FFD0-4E09-B917-F6DE65139184.jpeg

A35FEECD-13C7-4360-AA3A-0B511D04B146.jpeg

A92B3C8A-FC55-4060-8342-977838861A12.jpeg

2E7BF2BE-B502-4883-9931-D4811E82CB05.jpeg

7C0D7CFC-C2DB-4C1D-8665-3CED471BD4E3.jpeg

So she takes a pic of the hotel gym and we're supposed to believe she did a 45 min workout.

And what exactly does "less mindless munching" mean?

She only munched 3 bags of chips instead of 4?

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

I sincerely hope for the sake of those travelling with her, that she took another 15 minutes after her 45 minute workout and had a shower, shampoo, and change of clothing before sitting in the car for 4-5 hours.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Janelle should stop this farce of being into health and fitness and do something she actually knows: perhaps a plus size women’s clothing line, or how bout a polygamist wife’s daily planner....

I think many of us have had weight struggles, myself included, but Janelle gets zero empathy from me- she has the financial freedom as well as the time to actually do something about her weight. And honestly, if she doesn’t, her life span could definitely be shortened. Carrying that much weight around the midsection is a risk factor for cardiovascular issues. 

I have learned that a true lifestyle change is the only option for losing weight over 50- I had to rethink cooking, eating and meal prep. There are delicious foods that have no wheat and dairy in them ! Yes, I grieved over the loss of bread and pasta 😢, but life goes on ! 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Who drinks five glasses of lemonade with dinner?! 

The cheap looking silverware, huge quesadilla, the glob of dried-out looking refried beans and the two gallons of lemonade point to it being all Janelle. 

In Janelle's defense, the picture was not from her. It was accompanying an article published by NPR.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I understand everyone's comments and agree that she should not be marketing herself as a health coach. To be honest, she should be leading a counseling group. Some of her posts have a real honesty to them that I appreciate. She's struggling. She definitely has anxiety. Her self expression posts are not bad. Her business is.

• Love 19
8 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I understand everyone's comments and agree that she should not be marketing herself as a health coach. To be honest, she should be leading a counseling group. Some of her posts have a real honesty to them that I appreciate. She's struggling. She definitely has anxiety. Her self expression posts are not bad. Her business is.

I truly think she'd be happiest getting an office/admin job like she had before they left Utah. But Kody probably convinced her that they're too famous for that.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Eh, I don't think she has what it takes to lead a support group.  She needs to know herself better first.  People that lead support groups usually have somewhat of a handle on whatever issue it is that the support group addresses.  She is just moping and lost.  I wouldn't even call it struggling because that would imply that she knows what her issues are and is making a real effort, and in my opinion she doesn't know what they are and she doesn't even make a real effort.  She might actually benefit from BEING IN a support group, but not leading one.

• Love 16

Well shit, who knew ginger was good for the tummy? JFC.

WHY does she have such a problem with digestion? Does she not have a functioning stomach or intestines? And if she has so much "tummy unease", maybe she should take a look at all the ROCKSTAR ingredients she is ingesting.

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)

ARE YOU F**KING KIDDING ME?!?

why can't she just buy ginger root and eat a few slices, or go out for sushi? 

I just can't with this woman.

3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

Well shit, who knew ginger was good for the tummy? JFC.

WHY does she have such a problem with digestion? Does she not have a functioning stomach or intestines? And if she has so much "tummy unease", maybe she should take a look at all the ROCKSTAR ingredients she is ingesting.

She'll probably make a giant gingerbread now. 😳🤭

What's "general unease"? 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

D1DBEB71-E4F7-411D-96A8-5C9F4D069328.jpeg

80F1D62E-3A8D-4A3B-9919-7C942D107E3C.jpeg

Good grief... I was wondering what this week's ROCKSTAR snake oil or contraption would be.... Presto!.. Ginger shots and who knew, they're good for digestion!  😂

I just can't with her.   🙄

• LOL 10
(edited)

I prefer ginger chews. You can get them at Trader Joe's, as well as many other stores. They are made by this company-  https://gingerpeople.com/products/  -- it looks like they also make ginger shots now too. The chews are much cheaper, and less plastic packaging. Their ginger syrup is also really good.  They also sell ginger juice, which is pressed/liquid pure ginger.  You can just pour it into seltzer or any type of soda and have fresh ginger ale.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Useful 6
  • Love 2

Her Strife posts remind me of those old pre-FDA Sears catalogs circa 1890-1905 with all those cure-alls containing arsenic, saltpeter, and heroin. 

7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Good grief... I was wondering what this week's ROCKSTAR snake oil or contraption would be.... Presto!.. Ginger shots and who knew, they're good for digestion!  😂

I just can't with her.   🙄

Is it stronger than...say...eating an actual piece of ginger root?

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2019 at 12:18 PM, Juliegirlj said:

Janelle should stop this farce of being into health and fitness and do something she actually knows: perhaps a plus size women’s clothing line, or how bout a polygamist wife’s daily planner....

I think many of us have had weight struggles, myself included, but Janelle gets zero empathy from me- she has the financial freedom as well as the time to actually do something about her weight. And honestly, if she doesn’t, her life span could definitely be shortened. Carrying that much weight around the midsection is a risk factor for cardiovascular issues. 

I have learned that a true lifestyle change is the only option for losing weight over 50- I had to rethink cooking, eating and meal prep. There are delicious foods that have no wheat and dairy in them ! Yes, I grieved over the loss of bread and pasta 😢, but life goes on ! 

Yep!  As someone her age (a few months older) I viewed turning 50 as super hard mentally and a deadline for getting my shit in order!  I was not facing 51 without having quit bad habits and being chubby.  I dreaded my physical which was years past overdue and luckily nothing is wrong with me (well 2 tests for the 50 year old person are coming up but I am fairly confident those will be fine).  With her size she should be concerned.  She carries her weight in a very unhealthy way (not that she can help THAT) and should strive harder to be healthy for her large family.  She has tools at her fingertips yet does nothing but Eyeore her way through the day.  Depressed?  See someone and get some meds or a holistic way (if there is such a thing) of dealing with it.  Feeling fat and sluggish?  Change your diet and stick with it.  Quit musing about it in your blog about being healthy ffs.  Or embrace yourself and live your best life for as long as you can.  

She needs to see an actual professional instead of continually trying the trend of the month/year.  Be an inspiration for god's sake.  She doesn't want to pass her unhealthful relationship with food/exercise onto her kids.  Maybe THAT is why Savannah stayed indoors in Vegas.  She is emulating her mom.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

She doesn't want to pass her unhealthful relationship with food/exercise onto her kids.  Maybe THAT is why Savannah stayed indoors in Vegas.  She is emulating her mom.  

Savannah looks pretty heavy in that Sedona photo Janelle posted a week or so ago on her IG. I think you're right - she's acquired Janelle's slovenly habits. 😳

• Love 2
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

Savannah looks pretty heavy in that Sedona photo Janelle posted a week or so ago on her IG. I think you're right - she's acquired Janelle's slovenly habits. 😳

I noticed that and I felt badly for her that she seems to take after mom.  

1 minute ago, Natalie68 said:

I noticed that and I felt badly for her that she seems to take after mom.  

I don't think that moving to Flagstaff is going to make much of a difference in Savannah's leaving the house frequency. That makes me sad.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think that moving to Flagstaff is going to make much of a difference in aSavannah's leaving the house frequency. That makes me sad.

Agree. If anything, the move to Flagstaff isolated Savannah even more. She doesn't have Christine or any of her 1/2 sisters anymore.

• Love 8

Okay. Ginger shots!?

She bought a pound of peppermint tea.  Kudos...I know everyone thought the pound was a lot...but I'm a person who can go through a pound of tea in 4-6 months easily.  What herbs I don't grow I buy in bulk for lots of different things, including tea blends.  The tastiest addition to peppermint tea is ginger.  Good ol fresh ginger.  Just take a spoon and scrape a little bit from a fresh root and put it in with the tea leaves while it brews.  Or even infuse honey with ginger and keep in the fridge.  My husband likes that with seltzer water.

Honestly...Janelle needs a full work up by a real, old-fashioned doctor.  You know, blood tests and especially hormone etc tests.  Depression just oozes from her, and honestly it has from the very beginning.  All these stomach and digestion issues could very easily be deep seeded stress.  What has always stood out for me is how long these people have been in "therapy" and yet Janelle is just so damn clueless about her own feelings and emotions.  Absolutely clueless.  How many times has she stated something along the way of "oh...I don't know what this emotion is, why am I getting emotional, I just don't know why"

• Love 11
18 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I prefer ginger chews. You can get them at Trader Joe's, as well as many other stores. They are made by this company-  https://gingerpeople.com/products/  -- it looks like they also make ginger shots now too. The chews are much cheaper, and less plastic packaging. Their ginger syrup is also really good.  They also sell ginger juice, which is pressed/liquid pure ginger.  You can just pour it into seltzer or any type of soda and have fresh ginger ale.

Thanks for the info.  As a huge fan of ginger for my arthritis, (and a trucker's wife and therefore we practically live on the road) I'm always looking for ways to take my ginger and other Janelle's !rockstar foods! etc. that doesn't require refrigeration. We have one on our truck, but the real estate inside it is valuable! I grow tired of capsules, ginger packets are expensive, and some products have to be refrigerated after being opened. I'm gonna look it up on Amazon. 🤩

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

AA6C9500-CFAA-4BAF-9FA0-2B50FAC9E65C.jpeg

Logan is only 25 and has already raised five kids.

Fun picture.  I hope it burns Kody that here are his two prized, beloved studly sons, both of whom have moved away from him and both of whom have discussed on the show how Kody's wacky shenanigans affected both of them deeply.  Janelle's in absentia parenting style was also of no benefit to these two men.  Great to see that they've both thrived not because of their parents but in spite of them.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Okay. Ginger shots!?

She bought a pound of peppermint tea.  Kudos...I know everyone thought the pound was a lot...but I'm a person who can go through a pound of tea in 4-6 months easily.  What herbs I don't grow I buy in bulk for lots of different things, including tea blends.  The tastiest addition to peppermint tea is ginger.  Good ol fresh ginger.  Just take a spoon and scrape a little bit from a fresh root and put it in with the tea leaves while it brews.  Or even infuse honey with ginger and keep in the fridge.  My husband likes that with seltzer water.

Honestly...Janelle needs a full work up by a real, old-fashioned doctor.  You know, blood tests and especially hormone etc tests.  Depression just oozes from her, and honestly it has from the very beginning.  All these stomach and digestion issues could very easily be deep seeded stress.  What has always stood out for me is how long these people have been in "therapy" and yet Janelle is just so damn clueless about her own feelings and emotions.  Absolutely clueless.  How many times has she stated something along the way of "oh...I don't know what this emotion is, why am I getting emotional, I just don't know why"

I'm going to hazard a guess here and say Janelle probably isn't a big believer in traditional medicine.  Just look at her teeth. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I am more inspired and would follow all the posters here recommendations and advice before I would follow Janelle if you had tips on natural remedies and herbs, the least I could do is recommend my favorite right back at ya. For all you carnivorous peeps, this is my #rockstar #gamechanger 

image.png.2ba89ec9e4da51afaa39fed0ba83461c.png

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I am more inspired and would follow all the posters here recommendations and advice before I would follow Janelle if you had tips on natural remedies and herbs, the least I could do is recommend my favorite right back at ya. For all you carnivorous peeps, this is my #rockstar #gamechanger 

Totally!

I sprinkle it on steaks and burgers too... Sooooo yummy!  👍

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Love that stuff!!

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Thanks for the info.  As a huge fan of ginger for my arthritis, (and a trucker's wife and therefore we practically live on the road) I'm always looking for ways to take my ginger and other Janelle's !rockstar foods! etc. that doesn't require refrigeration. We have one on our truck, but the real estate inside it is valuable! I grow tired of capsules, ginger packets are expensive, and some products have to be refrigerated after being opened. I'm gonna look it up on Amazon. 🤩

Those are some of the same reasons I started using the ginger chews.  I found it much simpler just in terms of being able to quickly eat one rather than having to store fresh ginger, cut it up, etc., and easy to always have a few in my purse when I'm out.   I also like the company because they invest in sustainable farming for their ginger. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

It's agreed; that stuff is good!

Now Garrison shilling/grifting?  Ugh.

• Love 4