Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, toodles said:

But they have plenty of money to hit the the theme parks.

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, sure, priorities and all.

Exactly. They seem to find all the money in the world to have elaborate parties and fun trips, but zero to pay insurance and their mounting taxes. Totally irresponsible grifters. Here comes the next round of quiet bankruptcies.

• Love 7

I wonder if she is still eating her other rock star, Chia seeds.  They are supposed to boost energy, but if you are allergic they can do the opposite, causing hives, itchy eyes, breathing difficulty, bloating, digestive issues etc. that will zap your energy.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, toodles said:

Imo, Janelle is looking the same magic bullet that the 600# people are looking for.  She needs to just stop. There is no simple answer.  See a real professional and stop filling up you pantry with a bunch of crap.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but her stupid posts are just aggravating.  I come back for the great snark.

True.  Just a little googling will tell you that smoothies/bowls are not great for weight loss unless you eat nothing else till lunch.  The crash is because it didn't have any fiber to process.  You need to limit the fruit to one piece of low GI fruit.  I do feel for her.  It is hard to lose that weight when you don't have a stable work day, you are traveling here and there and eat your feelings.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

She's not losing because her emotional health is crap. Until she heals what ails her emotionally she will never get her poop in a group physically. Inside she feels worthless, not good enough. Part of me feels sorry for her but she knows her family situation is toxic af.  She should know that as a holistic health coach right? The mind, body and soul have to be healthy. She threw 6 grand down the toilet to post crap like that!? She could be a really good example of a success story for many people if she got her crap together. She could've made her money back and then some by making some real changes and showing others "Hey, I used to weigh so much and I made all of these changes and lost this much weight. If I can do it, you can too!" But no, that would take real hard work and determination. Something the Browns don't believe in. They think money should just fall in their laps. 

I still can't believe she's keeping up the charade. It's like a character who's incompetent but doesn't know they're incompetent. She's more like the office know-it-all (who tries to lose weight, can't and tries a new miracle item each week) than a professional.

She's a joke. It's not a passion for her, it's just a "thing" she tries. When you own a business and you don't have the enthusiasm and passion for it to live by it, it'll never work. She doesn't love it. She doesn't live it. She doesn't believe it. And I don't think she ever will. 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

I still can't believe she's keeping up the charade. It's like a character who's incompetent but doesn't know they're incompetent. She's more like the office know-it-all (who tries to lose weight, can't and tries a new miracle item each week) than a professional.

She's a joke. It's not a passion for her, it's just a "thing" she tries. When you own a business and you don't have the enthusiasm and passion for it to live by it, it'll never work. She doesn't love it. She doesn't live it. She doesn't believe it. And I don't think she ever will. 

Oh I completely agree with you TurtlePower! Spot on!  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/19/2019 at 7:42 AM, TurtlePower said:

I think Janelle's a cipher. She just does this stuff because Kody or someone else suggested it. 

For example, back before Sol was born, the gym idea - that wasn't Janelle's idea, it was Kody's. "Fundamentalist Fitness". Kody doesn't like work, so he assigned it to Janelle as the "SME" because she was working out with Planet Fitness trainer Bill at the time so that made her the fitness guru (ha!).

She then proceeded to do... nothing. 

Until the family meeting when they were "deciding" between the gym idea and MSWC. Then Janelle did some googling and whipped up a half ass spreadsheet of figures, presented it with the aplomb of a bowl of soggy Rice Krispies, and got outvoted.

Then since she was the Overweight Fitness Expert, Robyn assigned her with the task of coming up with a plus sized workout wear collection. Robyn didn't ask her if she wanted to do it, she just said "you're doing it."

I'm guessing that Strive was Kody's idea too.

Janelle has all the life of a glass of coca cola that has been left on the counter overnight and lost all its fizz.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 9
29 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Janelle's a cipher. She just does this stuff because Kody or someone else suggested it.

I'm guessing that Strive was Kody's idea too.

Janelle has all the life of a glass of coca cola that has been left on the counter overnight and lost all its fizz.

I think Janelle's best "fit" in the world was in the Lehi house in Utah.  She could just be an office drone, fill out papers, shuffle them around, put them in place, drink water from the cooler, lunch exactly at noon, put more papers in the correct place and be done for the day.  Go home.  Kids are cared for, paycheck covers as much as possible, someone else puts dinner on the table.  Sleep, repeat.  She truly functions in this mundane atmosphere of never making a decision past peanut butter fritos or just chips to snack on. No emotions needed, just keep the cogs moving. Repeat. That is her personality through and through.  An online "coach" needs to have some pep in their step and a strong working knowledge of the subject...NOT just google on the smart phone.  I have always thought that Kody has looked at the ratings and said how the general public was supportive of Janelle when she was shown to be actively working on health/weight and so he pushed for her to come up with whatever Strive is supposed to be.

• Love 15
47 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I think Janelle's best "fit" in the world was in the Lehi house in Utah.  She could just be an office drone, fill out papers, shuffle them around, put them in place, drink water from the cooler, lunch exactly at noon, put more papers in the correct place and be done for the day.  Go home.  Kids are cared for, paycheck covers as much as possible, someone else puts dinner on the table.  Sleep, repeat.  She truly functions in this mundane atmosphere of never making a decision past peanut butter fritos or just chips to snack on. No emotions needed, just keep the cogs moving. Repeat. That is her personality through and through. 

I always thought she intentionally left for the office earlIer and stayed later than she needed to because she didn't want to have to deal with the kids. Why not let Logan and Christine do everything when she could be in the office doing admin work, drinking coffee and eating donuts all day? 

• Love 10
On 6/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, xwordfanatik said:

They should have stayed in Nevada.  It's still illegal in Arizona, AFAIK.  

Janelle could have made weed her next Rock Star!  Never mind, she would use that as an excuse to get the munchies.

Or at least gotten into a biz that actually makes money.  Because I want to say this as much as possible, pay your bills you slackers!  Is it wrong I would like to see them lose Prairie Dog Heights for failure to pay property taxes?

If you fail to pay your property taxes, you could lose your home to a tax sale or foreclosure. If you fall behind in making the property tax payments for your home, you might end up losing the property. ... The taxing authority might sell the tax lien that it holds, and the purchaser might be able to foreclose.

• Love 9
(edited)
16 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I think Janelle's best "fit" in the world was in the Lehi house in Utah.  She could just be an office drone, fill out papers, shuffle them around, put them in place, drink water from the cooler, lunch exactly at noon, put more papers in the correct place and be done for the day.  Go home.  Kids are cared for, paycheck covers as much as possible, someone else puts dinner on the table.  Sleep, repeat.  She truly functions in this mundane atmosphere of never making a decision past peanut butter fritos or just chips to snack on. No emotions needed, just keep the cogs moving. Repeat. That is her personality through and through.  

AND YET....this blah, ho-hum, go with the flow woman decided to pursue her ex sister-in-law's husband.  THIS is the eternal conundrum of Janelle Brown, IMO.  For all intents and purposes she is a piece of furniture, but before we knew her she got married, divorced her husband, and decided that her next husband was a dude that belonged to Meri, her sister in law.  And Janelle didn't grow up plyg, correct?  If I get nothing else out of this stupid show, I want to know the story behind that situation.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

AND YET....this blah, ho-hum, go with the flow woman decided to pursue her ex sister-in-law's husband.  THIS is the eternal conundrum of Janelle Brown, IMO.  For all intents and purposes she is a piece of furniture, but before we knew her she got married, divorced her husband, and decided that her next husband was a dude that belonged to Meri, her sister in law.  And Janelle didn't grow up plyg, correct?  If I get nothing else out of this stupid show, I want to know the story behind that situation.

Right? This tired lump of a woman somehow succeeded, too! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
43 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Right? This tired lump of a woman somehow succeeded, too! 

As with everything, Kody probably saw dollar $ign$ when he looked at Janelle (who had a job), and was willing to overlook everything else.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

As with everything, Kody probably saw dollar $ign$ when he looked at Janelle (who had a job), and was willing to overlook everything else.

Also, if you think about it, I doubt there's a long line of women willing to live the plyg life, especially with dour Meri. 

(Yeah I'm sure that Kody gets lots of offers NOW from potential Wife Fives, but back when he was a dirt poor unknown? I doubt it...)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Striving........

I’ve been a little quieter on this page  than usual this past week or so.  I took Savanah and Gabe to visit Maddie, Caleb and Axel.  I decided to make a conscious effort to leave my phone in my purse.  It has resulted in less vacation photos but lots of great times and memories.  Our phones are such a big part of our lives aren’t they?  Studies are now starting to show that even limiting our use of phones and limiting our use of social media rather than cutting it off completely improves mental health.  Ironically people feel less isolated, depressed and lonely.

Many of us, myself included, do a great deal of work on my phone so finding the balance is even  harder..

Robyn has this quote on her wall.  I’m sure it’s familiar to many of you.  I love it!  It reminds me that I lived fine without a cell phone for most of my life.  And yes, while I still will use it for  the very handy tool that it is, I definitely need to be more mindful of how much needless time it consumes .

F5F5464B-0AE8-4C83-8272-49CFCE595135.jpeg

• Love 1
(edited)

I find it quite amusing when people who basically communicate for $ through social media, and work online, turn around and tell people they should take a break, cut back, put the phone away, etc..

Edited by ginger90
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Many of us, myself included, do a great deal of work on my phone so finding the balance is even  harder..

Huh??  How do many of us do work on her phone?  She really needs to learn to proof read.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She really needs to learn to proof read.

I doubt that would help.  Her grammar skills are already, um, challenged.  She probably wouldn't pick up her error.

• Love 5
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Striving........

I’ve been a little quieter on this page  than usual this past week or so.  I took Savanah and Gabe to visit Maddie, Caleb and Axel.  I decided to make a conscious effort to leave my phone in my purse.  It has resulted in less vacation photos but lots of great times and memories.  Our phones are such a big part of our lives aren’t they?  Studies are now starting to show that even limiting our use of phones and limiting our use of social media rather than cutting it off completely improves mental health.  Ironically people feel less isolated, depressed and lonely.

Robyn has this quote on her wall.  I’m sure it’s familiar to many of you.  I love it!  It reminds me that I lived fine without a cell phone for most of my life.  And yes, while I still will use it for  the very handy tool that it is, I definitely need to be more mindful of how much needless time it consumes .

When I saw she wrote, "I've been a little bit quieter on this page than usual" I was hoping she had a realization that she sucks as a health coach. Then, she proceeded to remind us all that was not the case. 

"Studies are now starting to show"? Late to the party again, Janelle. She might as well have told us "Studies have now shown that the earth is round".

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

When I saw she wrote, "I've been a little bit quieter on this page than usual" I was hoping she had a realization that she sucks as a health coach. Then, she proceeded to remind us all that was not the case. 

"Studies are now starting to show"? Late to the party again, Janelle. She might as well have told us "Studies have now shown that the earth is round".

Studies also show that when one gets into water, one gets wet.  Clueless.

Dammit, why can't I be like the Browns, and throw responsibility for taxes, bills, mortgages and the like, out the window?  They make me ill with this kind of crap (vacations several times a year, etc.)  Go suck an egg, Janelle.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Looked these up and found them for $6.99 for a pack of 6🤷🏼‍♀️

3FDD261B-2E48-4810-8087-66A668A52D8E.jpeg

8664A85E-2DDC-418A-AF41-05A1D090FA3F.jpeg

CF57FF29-F831-4CA3-8E89-11ABCAD30DCA.jpeg

I don't think carbs are your problem, Janelle. Could be all the premade BS you incorporate into your diet. If you're at Whole Paycheck, why not hit up their awesome salad bar if your lazy? I'll admit, when I'm too lazy to cook I hit up that salad bar! Not often cause it's pricey but they have so many options to choose from. But I forgot this is Janelle we're talking about. LMAO

• Love 6
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Looked these up and found them for $6.99 for a pack of 6🤷🏼‍♀️

3FDD261B-2E48-4810-8087-66A668A52D8E.jpeg

8664A85E-2DDC-418A-AF41-05A1D090FA3F.jpeg

CF57FF29-F831-4CA3-8E89-11ABCAD30DCA.jpeg

I don't make it to whole foods often either but every grocery store in my area carries a ton of cauliflower derivatives - pizza, pizza crusts, faux bread, riced, mashed "potatoes" etc. 

Welcome to 2014.

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
49 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't make it to whole foods often either but every grocery store in my area carries a ton of cauliflower derivatives - pizza, pizza crusts, faux bread, riced, mashed "potatoes" etc. 

Welcome to 2014.

They sell them at Walmart . . . and they'll get them for you, and you just have to drive to the pick-up area, and you don't even have to get out of your car.  Just about Janelle's speed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

They sell them at Walmart . . . and they'll get them for you, and you just have to drive to the pick-up area, and you don't even have to get out of your car.  Just about Janelle's speed.

Based on the reviews on Amazon, these "sandwich thins" are essentially smaller (and pricer) versions of the cauliflower pizza crusts you see at TJs, Safeway, and elsewhere under different brand names.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/22/2019 at 8:48 AM, DakotaJustice said:

Did she spell her OWN DAUGHTER'S name incorrectly? 

I thought it was "Savannah" with two N's.

Normally Savannah is spelled with two N's but in the Browniverse Gwendolyn is spelled without the "o" and Aspen is spelled with a "y".

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, deirdra said:

Normally Savannah is spelled with two N's but in the Browniverse Gwendolyn is spelled without the "o" and Aspen is spelled with a "y".

I don’t know about you but personally my spellcheck hates Truely...Actually it hates all of Christine’s kids names. I wonder how much input Kody had into naming the kids or whether it’s all on the wives to pick? I seem to think the latter as Christine’s are so out there and the others are by comparison, relatively normal. I seem to recall he made a big announcement to family about Ariella’s name, like he was the one who named her as Robyn wasn’t sure on it.   

• Love 3
On 6/22/2019 at 7:43 PM, VegasVixen said:

I don't think carbs are your problem, Janelle. Could be all the premade BS you incorporate into your diet. If you're at Whole Paycheck, why not hit up their awesome salad bar if your lazy? I'll admit, when I'm too lazy to cook I hit up that salad bar! Not often cause it's pricey but they have so many options to choose from. But I forgot this is Janelle we're talking about. LMAO

There is a WF a block or so from my house and I don't go often.  I loathe the set up and for some reason it just bugs.  But I do like their avocado rolls.  Not a sushi person since I don't like fish but I love these.  This is pricey as well but a treat.  Guys, it is a rockstar treat.  You heard it here.  Janelle would prob slather it in mayo or ranch dressing topped with mint and chia.

I am beginning to wonder if Janelle has figured out why she is still heavy or if she thinks despite all her hard work (🤣) she just can't shed the pounds?  

PAY YOUR EFFIN TAXES YOU DEADBEATS!!!!!  

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

She has never correctly set the time on the microwave because it's too much trouble?

My microwave has been flashing "12:00" for months now. 

That eye is skeeving me out.

Get up, take selfie in front of the one clock that isn't regulated by Apple, then go back to sleep.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

What a weird post!  Even for Janelle.

I think it's supposed to mean that she's up in the a.m. to do her "workout."  Then, she'll drive to Krispy Kreme and buy a dozen, eat them in the car driving home, and wonder why exercise isn't making her skinnier.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I think she wakes up every Monday super early with the intention to "grind" throughout the week, but by Tuesday she's slapping the alarm clock with its 4:45 wake-up call off her nightstand and by Wednesday she decides that next Monday will be THE MONDAY to start all over again............ad infinitum.

• Love 3
On 6/24/2019 at 12:11 PM, ginger90 said:

3AF089F5-BB28-49FF-BBDD-0FFCFCFE5728.jpeg

“Grind” time: This mindset of hers is disastrous. How is that inspiring? All she’s saying is “I HATE EXERCISE!” 

People do lose weight on diet alone, in fact as we already know, it’s mostly what goes in your mouth. Exercise is an added benefit. Janelle cannot exercise her weight away and she clearly hates it anyways. She probably ate it all back in one bite  

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

“Grind” time: This mindset of hers is disastrous. How is that inspiring? All she’s saying is “I HATE EXERCISE!” 

People do lose weight on diet alone, in fact as we already know, it’s mostly what goes in your mouth. Exercise is an added benefit. Janelle cannot exercise her weight away and she clearly hates it anyways. She probably ate it all back in one bite  

She dooms herself with that defeatist attitude.  It's true, diet is the primary reason Janelle "can't" lose weight!  Is she gunning for My 600 Pound Life?  She has to be halfway there.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

She dooms herself with that defeatist attitude.  It's true, diet is the primary reason Janelle "can't" lose weight!  Is she gunning for My 600 Pound Life?  She has to be halfway there.

Dr. Now:-Channelle who is your enabler

Kody:-I am, Kody Brown

Dr. Now:-Tere's your answer right there, drop the dork and lose 200 pounds immediately

• LOL 12
  • Love 1