Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

On 5/5/2019 at 2:25 AM, Yeah No said:

I'm even more nauseated thinking about tahini in a smoothie.  🤮

What must her fridge look like with odd leftover amounts of this and that from her constant "experimentation"?  How much tahini can one use unless one makes hummus on a regular basis?  It's just not an ingredient I could find that many uses for.....Which is why she's probably finding ways to throw it into a smoothie.  She's probably getting her ideas from sites like this, although I can see it on avocado toast before putting it in a smoothie.

I use it for my falafels.  A jar of that stuff is quite spendy!  I wouldn't waste it in a smoothie.  I did see that Farm House Rules gal uses it in baking sort of as a replacement for nuts in sweets.  I am curious about that.  It is interesting that Janelle never seems to find IT.  The thing that works.  She is always trying this and that never giving it a chance to do what it is supposed to do.  Maybe that is why she is still large.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

You know if she ate a decent diet she could quit trying to find stuff to aid in her digestion.  Is she constantly battling constipation or diarrhea?  

Exactly, one day she's eating oven chicken drowning in oil, the next day she's got a bowl of leftover cauliflower and lettuce floating in ranch dressing then she's mixing horrible looking black bean, spinach smoothies and washing it all down with gallons of mint tea... With a diet like that I'd be shocked if she didn't feel like shit most days. 😦

If she'd just eat healthy and quit chasing the magic bullet she'd probably feel a lot better.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

D0D2CC2E-26B5-4F4C-8AB9-0A16CB4394DF.jpeg

Happy to see Savanah spending time with Logan and Michelle.  Nothing but positive influence from them.  They don't sell their soul for "easy money" and Michelle cooks some amazing, healthy meals.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B0BBC58F-2682-4C57-B4B9-7C4CE5F22B91.jpeg

Willing to bet she went less than a mile and then followed it up with a "rock star" lunch--some hideous dish drowning in a fatty dressing. 

Prove me otherwise, Janelle. Please. We want to see you get something right for a change. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

She's probably standing at the end of her own driveway taking a photo of her kids going for a walk.  As the head of "Strive", shouldn't she be at the front of the pack instead of the back?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

That's pretty damn sad 😞.  I'd like to think that the kids that were in town with her for the walk earlier and Savanah were home preparing a wonderful dinner for her.  Setting the table with flowers, cloth napkins and tablecloth and no paper plates in sight.  After dinner, they coaxed her to her Lazy-Girl chair and cleaned up the aftermath.

Maybe that's why she was checking her phone, to see if they were ready for her to come home to her lovely surprise.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

OMG seeing this article, with the pictures, makes me SOOOOOOO frikking happy I've never been on a reality tv show!!!!!   I guess that's the price of "fame"!!! lol

edit to add:  I say this because most average people who are just walking around shopping don't look all that great ... but thankfully most of us don't have people taking our pictures while we're just walking around feeling grumpy with a resting bitch face.

These photos of Janelle could be featured in that section that is/was in the front of People magazine or US or something where they show stars doing the same things normal people do.  

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 9

What a sad article.  The pictures are pretty sad, too.

The only good thingk about being the size she is, is that she has an excuse to say no to buying any LLN from Meri, Christine, and the other family shillers.  

How is she even pretending to Strive?  I sure as hell couldn't.

Now I wonder who was graced with Kootie's presence yesterday?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

What a sad article.  The pictures are pretty sad, too.

The only good thingk about being the size she is, is that she has an excuse to say no to buying any LLN from Meri, Christine, and the other family shillers.  

How is she even pretending to Strive?  I sure as hell couldn't.

Now I wonder who was graced with Kootie's presence yesterday

So sad, wandering about on mother's day wearing a Mickey Mouse t-shirt and nibbling on a chocolate cupcake.... when what you really want is a whole damn cake. 🎂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Willing to bet she went less than a mile and then followed it up with a "rock star" lunch--some hideous dish drowning in a fatty dressing. 

Prove me otherwise, Janelle. Please. We want to see you get something right for a change. 

Turtle you're being so fierce...  I love it ❤

Turtle Power... Indeed!  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

“She looked a bit depressed,” the onlooker said. “When she got back to her car she sat inside it with the engine running for about a half hour before returning home.”

...what exactly does "depressed" look like? I mean...it's bad enough that people felt the need to photograph Janelle wandering around an outdoor market, but if they knew she sat in her car for 30 minutes that means someone was hanging around watching her...for 30 minutes. The price of "fame" is way too high in my opinion.

• Love 16
(edited)

That's the frowniest frown I've seen in a long, long time. 

It's not even resting bitch face - it's as if there are invisible fishing weights affixed to the corners of her mouth.  

I know this is going to sound mean, but with her wide-set eyes and that frown, she looks like...a frog. 

ETA wondering if/how she's going to spin the chocolate cupcake and lemonade on her Strife with Janelle page!! 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

It does seem odd that the family wasn't together for Mother's Day - since they are all one big happy family and the moms share all the bonus kids and all, you'd think that they would've celebrated together, especially since Logan and Michelle were in town too - although it's possible that Janelle wanted nothing to do with a family gathering...who knows with these people.

Also, who pairs a chocolate cupcake with lemonade??

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Chocolate cupcake with lemonade?  Folks, we have a potential Strife Blog coming up, Janelle may have discovered that the citric acid in lemonade negates the calories in a cupcake and chocolate is a Rock Star all by itself.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
(edited)

Maybe walking around the farmer's market looking for Strive bait is like fishing to Janelle - something she does away from her relatives to relax before a big family event.  What was the pathetic photo-taker doing spending >30 minutes stalking Janelle?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11

Maybe she just wanted to get out of the house while everyone was getting up and ready for the day, similar to wanting to go fishing the day of someone’s wedding.

Radar sucks.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

Maybe she just wanted to get out of the house while everyone was getting up and ready for the day, similar to wanting to go fishing the day of someone’s wedding.

Radar sucks.

I dunno if it's Radar who sucks, or the person who was at the market snapping photos of Janelle who sent them to Radar. 

At any rate, if I was Janelle or any reality show person I'd make sure I looked presentable before heading out in public (well, I already do that anyway...)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Chocolate cupcake with lemonade?  Folks, we have a potential Strife Blog coming up, Janelle may have discovered that the citric acid in lemonade negates the calories in a cupcake and chocolate is a Rock Star all by itself.

Gosh, I'd hope so, for the world would be such a better place! Imagine Janelle inventing a method for making chocolate calorie free, (and tasting good) what women the world over have been attempting for decades. Of course, it would due to plyg-majik, I guess, but even I would magnanimously give'em credit for it.  Ya!  🍩🍪

• LOL 5
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

...what exactly does "depressed" look like? I mean...it's bad enough that people felt the need to photograph Janelle wandering around an outdoor market, but if they knew she sat in her car for 30 minutes that means someone was hanging around watching her...for 30 minutes. The price of "fame" is way too high in my opinion.

I'm wondering if it's even creepier...

The onlooker said she sat in her car with engine running for 1\2 hr "BEFORE RETURNING HOME."

So does that mean they followed her home?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Lemon = citrus = fruit?  She WANTED the entire cake and settled for a cupcake?  She was STRIVING for disciplined eating and had success in her pea brain?  Maybe guilt for eating off plan (HA!  what plan??) made her grimace?   At least enjoy the damn cupcake.   I know I was smiling when I dove into the pint of Haagen Daz Stout Chocolate Crunch ice cream(had chocolate covered pretzels in it) this weekend.  Dangerous stuff.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I know this is going to sound mean, but with her wide-set eyes and that frown, she looks like...a frog. 

You know the old saying.... "If the frog face fits"

*ribbit*

this will also sound mean but..... She's got the body of a toad. 

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

The onlooker said she sat in her car with engine running for 1\2 hr "BEFORE RETURNING HOME."

Where else would she go?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Where else would she go?

I'm wondering if they followed her hoping she might stop and do more shopping or wandering about so they'd get more pics to sell.

Or better yet, they'd hit the jackpot and she'd meet up with other members of the family for dinner or something.

They probably had dollar signs floating through their head until she drove home. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I dunno if it's Radar who sucks, or the person who was at the market snapping photos of Janelle who sent them to Radar. 

I don’t recall seeing these kind of pictures when they lived in Vegas. Stalking a sister wife at a farmers market is creepy. Mind you, I would probably snap a few pictures surreptitiously and tell all of you about it, so maybe I’m no better 😬

Janelles feet/legs look like she’s lived in a cave her entire life.  I’m very fair myself, but her legs are cadaver white. Although those pictures looked so sad I feel bad for saying it. 

• Love 10
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Kbo said:

😬Janelles feet/legs look like she’s lived in a cave her entire life.  I’m very fair myself, but her legs are cadaver white. Although those pictures looked so sad I feel bad for saying it. 

In Vegas they were small fish in a big bowl... 

In Flagstaff she's a much bigger fish in a much smaller bowl.... they might find themselves being followed and photographed a lot more often.

Edit to add: when I first saw her feet and shins I thought she had some thin white stockings on and then I realized it was her skin,  she's white as a ghost.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Additional thought
  • Love 7

Just think - when Pudge returns to try and make all her non-snowflake siblings jealous telling them aaaaaallll about Bali and how faaaaabulous it was, she can have a "sesh"  🤮 with bonus mom Janelle.  Another Strife post to delight us.  Don't we all have bated breath?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Edit to add: when I first saw her feet and shins I thought she had some thin white stockings on and then I realized it was her skin,  she's white as a ghost.

I'mm thinking with her size that she never wears shorts thus never exposing her skin to the sun.  I certainly don't.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kbo said:

I don’t recall seeing these kind of pictures when they lived in Vegas. Stalking a sister wife at a farmers market is creepy. Mind you, I would probably snap a few pictures surreptitiously and tell all of you about it, so maybe I’m no better 😬

Janelles feet/legs look like she’s lived in a cave her entire life.  I’m very fair myself, but her legs are cadaver white. Although those pictures looked so sad I feel bad for saying it. 

Whoever snapped those pics sold them to the website credited on the photos. I assume that's where Radar procured them.

Vegas is larger than Flagstaff. The Browns are now the visible fish in a smaller pond.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

know this is going to sound mean, but with her wide-set eyes and that frown, she looks like...a frog. 

Phew, I’m so glad someone else sees this too! I feel mean also, but I can’t help it’s all I see when I look at both Maddie and Janelle. Ribbet Ribbet 🐸 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

Janelle might not have been depressed or unhappy at the farmer’s market. In some photographs I look miserable even though I am happy because I don’t photograph well. I also sometimes sit in my car with the motor and air conditioning on while I talk on the phone or look at emails/internet before I drive off. If we didn’t know who Janelle was, would we assume she was depressed or unhappy? Do people normally travel by themselves with big smiles on their faces all the time? Also, not everyone has a big mother’s day celebration. Maybe the kids at home already had plans or they decided to celebrate a different day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Because of this example. We don’t really know what her day was like. 

So what?

One stupid ass took some (stalking ) pics of her and sold it to a crap website.

Oh no, she had a cupcake and she isn't 100 lbs, she can't do that!😡

No she has every right to go out to any event and get a treat.

And to those who are speculating why she isn't at home with her family on mothers day?

It was what? An hr or so that she was gone?

Maybe her kids had her out for a little while why they set up a nice brunch?

Maybe everyone was doing there thing and she decided to go out for a tiny bit?

Maybe her Sunday ritual is to go to the farmers market and take a little stroll?

Who cares!

Moms don't have to be with their adult/teen/any age children ALL DAY everyday.

I went to the gym and goodwill on mothers day morning.

Then sat around the house with my teens.

(We don't celebrate mothers day, so maybe Im the minority here, idk!)

Anyways that is all.

Sorry for the rant

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

The commentary that went along with the pictures is what bugs me. She seemed depressed? Sat in her car, etc.. I personally wouldn’t take a picture of anyone without their permission. Creepy all around.

• Love 21
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I noticed this too, and thought the exact thing!  Now that they are "very visible celebrities" I suspect they will have this happen more.  Especially once word gets out that every mundane moment (especially if it can be shown how apart they really truly live) can be photographed and sold to an online rag. I can't imagine that Robyn, who is already "stressinn' out..." over every little hiccup in life, would put up with this. There was also photos on the same site (radar) of Christine carrying two 6 packs of beer (locally craft brewed!!) parking "on the street and walking up to Robyn's house" on Mother's Day.  Oh MY!!  Meri and Janelle weren't included. Shock. Gasp. So obviously the locals are going to find a new source of income following the Browns around town.

Gee Kody.  Is Flagstaff still yummy?

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

The commentary that went along with the pictures is what bugs me. She seemed depressed? Sat in her car, etc.. I personally wouldn’t take a picture of anyone without their permission. Creepy all around.

No one has privacy in this day and age...celebrity or not.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

That's the frowniest frown I've seen in a long, long time. 

It's not even resting bitch face - it's as if there are invisible fishing weights affixed to the corners of her mouth.  

ETA wondering if/how she's going to spin the chocolate cupcake and lemonade on her Strife with Janelle page!! 

Not just any frog. A pacman frog: 

images.jpeg.435fdb9910ef54c0e5bbb4ab69a3e249.jpeg

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Roslyn said:

Gee Kody.  Is Flagstaff still yummy?

With all their "treatment talk,' how long until Flagstaff fills unsafe?  I don't like the stalking, but if it ruffles Robyn's feathers I might be able to put that aside.

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I get what you're saying @Kijod1 and I definitely would not intentionally take photos of anyone without their consent (Not counting taking a photo of a scene or what have you and a random person walks into the background which happens all the time...) Much less sell them to a website for publication. 

That said...it happens all the time. Has happened for years. It's an industry. 

I went to that site and the first page shows random shots that were uploaded - stuff like Ellen D. without makeup and so on.

Radar is one of the tabloid sites that really targets the Browns, so of course they're interested in these kind of pics. 

When they lived in Vegas, they weren't as highly visible. There are so many other famous people out and about that the Browns could blend in. 

I remember S2 of the show. One of the first episodes showed the family's concern about all the paparazzi hiding or in plain sight waiting to take candid photos of the family. They were easy to find in Lehi. (My opinion on those shots of the police cars used during the "exodus" - the police were called by the Browns or their neighbors to get rid of the papps loitering around the neighborhood). 

Then they moved to Vegas, and into the walled/gated cul de sac. Not as accessible, and as I said lots of other eye candy around in the form of celebs. 

Also I have to add that Janelle herself has posted less-than-flattering selfies and videos of herself sweaty, sans makeup, slovenly... We've seen that when she makes an effort she can look very presentable. 

I'm SO not a celeb, but when I go out in public, you better believe I do my utmost to look as good as I possibly can - I have more confidence, stand taller, and smile more. (Plus, I'm single and you never know when you might run into Mr. Right 🤔😌

I think that's why Janelle came off as "depressed". I don't think it's depression as much as it is lack of confidence and knowing she looks like shit.

Bottom line. The Browns CHOSE to be high visibility. There was plenty of evidence from the public experience of other TLC reality show participants before them that there was a big price to pay - losing their privacy and being in the spotlight.  They've been doing this for 9 years now. Going to a Farmers market in a much smaller town, she must have known she would be highly visible and she opted to not take a few minutes to look a little better, knowing the likelihood that she would be recognized and surreptitiously photographed. 

• Love 8
(edited)

Maybe she was at the farmers market to buy fresh cabbage, you know to feed to the children or try homemade canning ? I agree with everyone who said it above, they are the big frogs in the little pond in Flag as opposed to LV... so many other people to focus on like Rahhnniee or DJ Pauly from Jersey Shore that RO lives for. I personally would keep my eye out for Zack Baggins myself if I was in Vegas, I have an old lady crush on him ( runs and hides)

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • LOL 6