Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

So how long have those limp, wilted greens been festering away in Janelle's fridge? Ick.

I was just thinking the same thing, my backyard grass looks more appetizing than that mess.  So she had a huge bowl of sugary fruit for breakfast, which I thought was going to give her staying power, now she is having lunch with a "milk based" dressing - so am I to assume its probably blue cheese or something ?  Oh and avocado, another high fat content item   

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I was just thinking the same thing, my backyard grass looks more appetizing than that mess.  So she had a huge bowl of sugary fruit for breakfast, which I thought was going to give her staying power, now she is having lunch with a "milk based" dressing - so am I to assume its probably blue cheese or something ?  Oh and avocado, another high fat content item   

It is coconut milk dressing - According to Healthline while it does have nutrients it is high calorie and high in saturated fats.  And yes, this spinach looks well past its sell by date.  No wonder she has to disguise her spinach any way possible in order to eat it.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

It is coconut milk dressing - According to Healthline while it does have nutrients it is high calorie and high in saturated fats.  And yes, this spinach looks well past its sell by date.  No wonder she has to disguise her spinach any way possible in order to eat it.

maybe she's color blind...but still, wilted spinach doesn't smell great.

at any rate, she's doing a really crappy job of "disguising" it.  

That spinach is compost-worthy - can't even make soup from it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

That spinach is compost-worthy - can't even make soup from it.

Wonder if she’s composting yet. She probably hasn’t decided....read enough......blah, blah, blah.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Honestly, the wilted greens don't bother me much, neither does whatever else she wants to put in her salad, whether it's high fat or not, but I can't abide chipped crockery!  Even if one is not worried about bacteria or bits of the plate getting it to their food, it just looks terrible in pictures. If I chip something at home, it goes in the trash. Tacky tacky tacky.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Honestly, the wilted greens don't bother me much, neither does whatever else she wants to put in her salad, whether it's high fat or not, but I can't abide chipped crockery!  Even if one is not worried about bacteria or bits of the plate getting it to their food, it just looks terrible in pictures. If I chip something at home, it goes in the trash. Tacky tacky tacky.

For me chipped dinnerware gets relegated to a different use - cat dishes or under plant pots to catch water. 

That said, she's putting herself out there as a health expert and to encourage her followers to eat healthier. This isn't the first time she's eaten compost-quality produce - a year or so ago she found some old wormy tomatoes from the year before and was all excited about having a caprese salad or something. Ew. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Individually I like all of the components but together like that?  And what makes it a smoothie with crap just floating around in the bowl of blueberry soup?

And as dierdra said where's the beef protein?  None of those fruits are on the low glycemic index list.  Bananas are on the "avoid" list for diabetics and watermelon is just water and sugar.

Great coaching there, Janelle.

Thing with Janelle is.............NOTHING IS WORKING FOR HER. It's all a facade. I won't believe anything she says or tries until she's less round. Seriously, she reminds me of this:

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

OK, I will have to give her props for getting up in the middle of the frigging night. 

Right?! She’s already put in more effort getting to the gym than I ever will. 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Love 4

I'm sorry but there is some serious cognitive dissonance happening when Janelle uses the word "grinding" in reference to her exercise routine.  Are we sure she didn't mean that she was "grinding" some nutmeg to put in her daily spinach, ghee and chia seed smoothie?

• LOL 5
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I'm sorry but there is some serious cognitive dissonance happening when Janelle uses the word "grinding" in reference to her exercise routine.  Are we sure she didn't mean that she was "grinding" some nutmeg to put in her daily spinach, ghee and chia seed smoothie?

Actually the first thing that popped in my head was the dating app Grindr🤔🙄

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Same here.  The second thing was parts of New England where burgers are called Grinders. The third thing was something strange she wanted to grind into her smoothie bowl.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I must be a DOW (dirty old woman) because the first thing that popped into my head was a vision of Janelle slow dancing with a hapless Kody and grinding her voluptuous body against him.   "Grinding...because somedays you just gotta..."

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 4/27/2019 at 7:42 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Introvert, here.  People wear me out if I'm around them for too long. I dread going to social functions, but then have fun when I get there, but afterwards I need a week of downtime to recover. I'm good at small talk and at appearing interested, I'm a pretty good dancer, and I'll talk to anyone as part of that being a "good guest" rule, but I'd rather be left to my own devices, if given a choice. Many extroverts don't understand it, but I gotta be me (shrugs).

Yes, I joke that there are two times when I'm excited about a social function - the moment I agree to it, and while I'm there. Every minute in between is pure torture! 😄

• Love 6
On 6/13/2019 at 2:05 PM, laurakaye said:

It probably is grinding when you don't walk or exercise regularly.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

Welp, there goes her diet! 😂 Now we're going to hear about how she's having an issue getting back on track because of travel in her next post. 

Ah, so that's what she's been carping about with the travel.  Self-imposed problems.

But truthfully, I hate traveling anymore because it makes it very difficult to stay on a diet unless you want to take all the joy out life.  It's not as hard to maintain, though. Just make more careful choices and watch the portions.  But with her the scale never goes down even when she's home and so-called dieting much less when traveling!

• Love 9
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Ah, so that's what she's been carping about with the travel.  Self-imposed problems.

But truthfully, I hate traveling anymore because it makes it very difficult to stay on a diet unless you want to take all the joy out life.  It's not as hard to maintain, though. Just make more careful choices and watch the portions.  But with her the scale never goes down even when she's home and so-called dieting much less when traveling!

My coach knows with me the diet goes out the window when I'm vacationing!! 

I feel for Savannah in that photo. She doesn't look thrilled to be the subject. I'm getting introvert vibes from her. Big time.

So is that Janelle's scooter behind Axel?

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I feel for Savannah in that photo. She doesn't look thrilled to be the subject. I'm getting introvert vibes from her. Big time.

Janelle’s scooter 😂 good one. 

I feel genuinely sorry for Savannah, she does seem introverted and never had a choice growing up that her very personal real life has been televised for the world without her being able to control her narrative  (the time she wouldn’t get out of bed and they filmed her in her bed as a 6 year old as Gabe was flushing her doll in the toilet, then the time Janelle informed everyone via Gabe that she has no friends or life and sits inside all day long, or the time Maddie left her out of the wedding party, spring to mind). Moments such as those would be extremely intrusive and embarrassing for an introvert to have immortalised on tv. 

She always seemed like a sweet serious and sincere girl who got a bit lost in the shuffle. She was the youngest for so long then along came Truly another little girl to compete with, as well as Aurora-Day’un-Breanna, then King Sol and princess Ari really cemented her place as an overlooked middle girl child. I truly feel for her. Side note- she has lovely locks, I hope she keeps them blonde and doesn’t cover them up like her sisters!

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Grammar and additional thoughts
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, VegasVixen said:

Welp, there goes her diet! 😂 Now we're going to hear about how she's having an issue getting back on track because of travel in her next post. 

Yup! So predictable, isn't she? Then comes this inevitable phrase: "I don't know about you, but........". Blah blah blah, off her routine, blah blah blah. 

Her sole routine is complaining about the lack of one. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

Welp get ready when J is back in AZ for the dribble of nonsense about how her body speaks to her when out of whack and how canned cabbage cured her or some bs. What I would like to know is how did they afford at least 3 airline tickets from AZ to VA - they are easily 400 each min. plus the 30.00 each way bag fee... 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Welp get ready when J is back in AZ for the dribble of nonsense about how her body speaks to her when out of whack and how canned cabbage cured her or some bs. What I would like to know is how did they afford at least 3 airline tickets from AZ to VA - they are easily 400 each min. plus the 30.00 each way bag fee..

When they still owe taxes...

By looking at the plates, it looks  like Savannah has the same love of veggies as her mom 🙂

• Love 7

Welp get ready when J is back in AZ for the dribble of nonsense about how her body speaks to her when out of whack and how canned cabbage cured her or some bs. What I would like to know is how did they afford at least 3 airline tickets from AZ to VA - they are easily 400 each min. plus the 30.00 each way bag fee... 

Always fly on Southwest... No baggage fees.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 6/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Hahaha.  I thought the same thing, but didn't want to ask the question. 😚

• Love 5

449D1660-1E0E-40DE-B9E7-85C5F657C6C2.jpeg

28C9D114-AF60-46C7-9C7D-628FDAD13B41.jpeg

Food or medicine?  Things are often if not usually both.  Interestingly enough I have had a great illustration of that this past week.  I have been putting hemp seed in my smoothie bowls and smoothies, sprinkling it on fruit salad etc.  All in an effort to boost protein intake.  

I also had been experiencing a level of fatigue that I could not explain.  I had tracked it down to my morning smoothies.  Even though I bump up the fiber and protein and generally keep my fruit low glycemic I could not get past an energy crash after consuming them.  This made me sad.  Was I going to have to stop consuming the thing that made it possible to get 2-3 servings of greens in at once?  Then I was consulting with a holistic practitioner I work with.  I was explaining everything to him and he laughed.  He said he prescribes hemp to help with insomnia.  His saying is “take hemp seed and call me in the morning.”  I guess I should have thought about it.  Hemp byproducts are being used for anxiety etc., but so many people use it and several recipes incorporate it.  

This was an interesting wake up call for me!  Now I know how I need to use hemp seed for my body.  It may be different for you.  Experiment for yourself if you are so inclined !

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

This ^^^ is proof positive that no matter what online courses Janelle has taken and passed, she is in no way qualified to be dispensing advice to subscribers of her 'Strive' blog.

Janelle has been on this weight loss/fitness journey since season one of the program, still with no appreciable results.  If anything, she is heavier and more listless than when she started.

At no time have I heard of her attending a Physician for a complete workup to determine if she has any physical characteristics that result in her obesity or consulting with a qualified Nutritionist for counseling.  

Blogger heal thyself!

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

This ^^^ is proof positive that no matter what online courses Janelle has taken and passed, she is in no way qualified to be dispensing advice to subscribers of her 'Strive' blog.

Janelle has been on this weight loss/fitness journey since season one of the program, still with no appreciable results.  If anything, she is heavier and more listless than when she started.

At no time have I heard of her attending a Physician for a complete workup to determine if she has any physical characteristics that result in her obesity or consulting with a qualified Nutritionist for counseling.  

Blogger heal thyself!

This times 1,000.

She's always tired. She always feels "off".  As far as being an example for her business, she is a failure. If she owned a shop and manned the desk, would anyone want to purchase advice and products from a habitually tired, fat woman who doesn't seem to know what she's talking about (and who has shown zero success)? 

Janelle, honey. You've shown no progress, you lack confidence and it shows. This is old school and it works: Eat (whole) foods. Not too much. Mostly plants (Michael Pollan). And that doesn't mean douse them in dressing. Get out and hike. You're in Flagstaff for goodness sake, it's a haven for hiking/walking. And keep at it for more than a few days. It takes time and effort but the results for your well-being are worth it. Then, get back to us and tell us about your success (and continue your education). THAT is how being a health coach works. 

Oh what am I thinking? That's not Janelle's magic potion she's looking for. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Imo, Janelle is looking the same magic bullet that the 600# people are looking for.  She needs to just stop. There is no simple answer.  See a real professional and stop filling up you pantry with a bunch of crap.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but her stupid posts are just aggravating.  I come back for the great snark.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

so let me get this straight if I may, Janelle in her holistic online degree that she overpaid for and has not lost a single ounce jumped on the hemp band wagon and was basically ODing on the recommended amount of hemp seeds in her fruit buckets in the morning ?  So she would get a brief high and then get sleepy ? All in the name of getting her "greens" on ?  F*cking brilliant Janelle.. Normally I would think she would reach for a bag of cool ranch doritos after "hemping" it up

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I also had been experiencing a level of fatigue that I could not explain. I had tracked it down to my morning smoothies. Even though I bump up the fiber and protein and generally keep my fruit low glycemic I could not get past an energy crash after consuming them. This made me sad. Was I going to have to stop consuming the thing that made it possible to get 2-3 servings of greens in at once? Then I was consulting with a holistic practitioner I work with. I was explaining everything to him and he laughed. He said he prescribes hemp to help with insomnia. His saying is “take hemp seed and call me in the morning.” I guess I should have thought about it. Hemp byproducts are being used for anxiety etc., but so many people use it and several recipes incorporate it.  

This was an interesting wake up call for me!  Now I know how I need to use hemp seed for my body.  It may be different for you.  Experiment for yourself if you are so inclined !

Yes, I am absolutely going to take lifestyle advice from someone who read the latest fad info about *insert current "rock star" here*, started throwing handfuls of it into her smoothies, felt like crap and then decided to "think about it" and consult someone. 

O.M.G.

Edited by Gothish520
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:

At no time have I heard of her attending a Physician for a complete workup to determine if she has any physical characteristics that result in her obesity....

My bet is that they don't have any health insurance.

• Love 5

She's not losing because her emotional health is crap. Until she heals what ails her emotionally she will never get her poop in a group physically. Inside she feels worthless, not good enough. Part of me feels sorry for her but she knows her family situation is toxic af.  She should know that as a holistic health coach right? The mind, body and soul have to be healthy. She threw 6 grand down the toilet to post crap like that!? She could be a really good example of a success story for many people if she got her crap together. She could've made her money back and then some by making some real changes and showing others "Hey, I used to weigh so much and I made all of these changes and lost this much weight. If I can do it, you can too!" But no, that would take real hard work and determination. Something the Browns don't believe in. They think money should just fall in their laps. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

so let me get this straight if I may, Janelle in her holistic online degree that she overpaid for and has not lost a single ounce jumped on the hemp band wagon and was basically ODing on the recommended amount of hemp seeds in her fruit buckets in the morning ?  So she would get a brief high and then get sleepy ? All in the name of getting her "greens" on ?  F*cking brilliant Janelle.. Normally I would think she would reach for a bag of cool ranch doritos after "hemping" it up

I'm fairly certain that hemp seeds don't contain THC.  But I still laughed anyway 😂😂

If anyone needed to toke up a joint, it would be this motley crew. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
35 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm fairly certain that hemp seeds don't contain THC.  But I still laughed anyway 😂😂

I am totally clueless when it comes to stuff like this. My supplements are usually in pill form and occasionally downed with a V8 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

They should have stayed in Nevada.  It's still illegal in Arizona, AFAIK.  

Janelle could have made weed her next Rock Star!  Never mind, she would use that as an excuse to get the munchies.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

“Then I was consulting with a holistic practitioner I work with.  I was explaining everything to him and he laughed. “.

Sounds like a great guy. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I am totally clueless when it comes to stuff like this. My supplements are usually in pill form and occasionally downed with a V8 

I'm in California, the land of legal 420! Even my 78 year old mom uses CBD tincures.  😬

20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“Then I was consulting with a holistic practitioner I work with.  I was explaining everything to him and he laughed. “.

Sounds like a great guy. 

Probably got his certification from the same place Janelle did.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
36 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

They should have stayed in Nevada.  It's still illegal in Arizona, AFAIK.  

Janelle could have made weed her next Rock Star!  Never mind, she would use that as an excuse to get the munchies.

It's only a matter of time IMO before the federal law is changed. 

The pot Industry is run like the wine industry here...there are non-munchy strains that don't make you drowsy. 

I'd recommend a nice Sativa hybrid for lethargic Janelle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5