Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, Shieldmaiden said:

“Internal type training”  =  Kegel exercises? (Sorry everybody for putting that idea out there 😉)

Yuck. Typically if someone is overweight and out of shape on the outside- the inside is just as bad. Janelle’s had a lot of kids and is laZy- I doubt she even knows what a kegal exercise is. 

• LOL 5
(edited)

I think Janelle dropped the subscription option for Strife some time ago. There's no mention of it on her website. 

She's selling branded products and "health coaching". 

Wish she hadnt changed the Health Coach page because the old one stated that she doesn't actually give advice. She just listens. 

ETA: Just checked her health coach page and she actually still says this: 

True health coaching isn’t telling you what to do and how to do it, but to offer support, accountability and a listening ear, to help you achieve your wellness goals. 

Ummmmm I think MY fitness coach would TOTALLY disagree with that statement. 

ETA2: I am now compelled to watch the Life Coach episode of Penn & Teller's Bullshit! on Amazon Prime. Good stuff.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I wonder what Janelle's girlfriends say when they chat about their day......hmmmmm....I suspect that no one is inclined to be blunt with her.  Of course, it's her body and her life.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I wonder what Janelle's girlfriends say when they chat about their day......hmmmmm....I suspect that no one is inclined to be blunt with her.  Of course, it's her body and her life.  

The question is: does she HAVE real life girlfriends or just her online Strife Bootlickers?

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

With the exception of Meri, I can't recall any of them making a reference to girlfriends or even family members outside of their own tight little circle.  Kody has made mention of guy friends, but Christine, Janelle and Robyn don't seem to have anyone else.  One exception, Robyn when pontificating her wisdom on Mariah's coming out, spoke from her experience having gay friends (she may have had an appointment with a gay hairdresser once).

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

With the exception of Meri, I can't recall any of them making a reference to girlfriends or even family members outside of their own tight little circle.  Kody has made mention of guy friends, but Christine, Janelle and Robyn don't seem to have anyone else.  One exception, Robyn when pontificating her wisdom on Mariah's coming out, spoke from her experience having gay friends (she may have had an appointment with a gay hairdresser once).

In S1 or 2 (when they were still in Lehi) there was an episode where they had some gay friends over for dinner to demonstrate their tolerance. 😳😂 I'm thinking they were from Janelle's office. 

I think that Janelle might have had work friends when she worked for the State of Utah, but of course she left all those relationships in 2011. 

I don't think Kody makes close dude friendships. He's too into himself.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But wouldn't you think they would make an effort to look decent or happy or something?  The whole (phony) premise of the show is how fantabulous polygamy is.  To show one wife alone on Mother's Day wandering aimlessly at a farm market hardly screams One Big Happy Family.

Nah, gives the gossip sights a more interesting angle if they are looking upset or sad.  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think Janelle dropped the subscription option for Strife some time ago. There's no mention of it on her website. 

She's selling branded products and "health coaching". 

Wish she hadnt changed the Health Coach page because the old one stated that she doesn't actually give advice. She just listens. 

This is what pisses me off. This is America and anyone can do what they want business-wise, but she's SUCH a damn faker. I don't care the reason she has for trying to keep this up (taxes, big dreams). It's pathetic. It's like pretending to be a PhD before even completing high school. She has demonstrated she doesn't know shit. 

Janelle doesn't seem to understand that if she sticks to something long enough, she'll begin to feel better which will in turn improve so many aspects of her life. It look like that's where she gets stuck. But Janelle doesn't see results quickly enough and she gives up, only to start over. Again and again. Just how is that supposed to inspire people? 

When you still need a coach yourself, you have no business being one. 

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

With the exception of Meri, I can't recall any of them making a reference to girlfriends or even family members outside of their own tight little circle.  

Whenever the wives meet a new single female*, rather than thinking, "This lady is cool/relatable/nice, I would like to get to know her better and be her friend,"  they jump directly to, "This lady is cool/relatable/nice, she should be a sister wife!"  I've always wondered why they can't just have a normal, healthy, friend relationship with another woman without having to get their husband involved.  Janelle in particular seems like she could really benefit from a listening ear unconnected from the rest of the fambly.

* On the show, of course, where they have to play up their polygamy schtick to the hilt.  Who knows how they really conduct themselves in real life.

23 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think Kody makes close dude friendships. He's too into himself.

I must disagree.  He was in raptures when that one guy (Brent?) came to visit him in Vegas.  There was also the male friend whose comments made Christine really mad on one of the RV trips.  (Kody sided with the friend, IIRC.)  See also his early fawning over Caleb.  His dude friendships seem immensely important to him, so I assume he tones it down to establish said friendships with said dudes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Nah, gives the gossip sights a more interesting angle if they are looking upset or sad.  

Depends on whether or not they like someone, too. Piss them off and they'll make you look terrible. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

But wouldn't you think they would make an effort to look decent or happy or something?  The whole (phony) premise of the show is how fantabulous polygamy is.  To show one wife alone on Mother's Day wandering aimlessly at a farm market hardly screams One Big Happy Family.

True, but viewers will wonder what's going on and be chomping at the bit for another season (in the Brown's minds).  Like us, I think most of us watch the show for snark material.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

This is what pisses me off. This is America and anyone can do what they want business-wise, but she's SUCH a damn faker. I don't care the reason she has for trying to keep this up (taxes, big dreams). It's pathetic. It's like pretending to be a PhD before even completing high school. She has demonstrated she doesn't know shit. 

Janelle doesn't seem to understand that if she sticks to something long enough, she'll begin to feel better which will in turn improve so many aspects of her life. It look like that's where she gets stuck. But Janelle doesn't see results quickly enough and she gives up, only to start over. Again and again. Just how is that supposed to inspire people? 

When you still need a coach yourself, you have no business being one. 

I wish I could like this 10,000 times especially the highlighted - but the whole post I agree with 100%

• Love 6

I don't know.  I think that I feel as if I got to know them years ago and sort of want to see how things develop.  I used to be impressed with the kids and thought that something must be going on right, because, the kids were so well and adjusted.  I'm rethinking that now. 

I've been super irritated with some of the wives and even Kody over last season.  Janelle used to be my favorite sister wife, but, even she got on my last nerve when she started admitting the continued discord between she and Meri.  They got into counseling, which I applauded, but, then she continued to seem so immature, stuck, and lame.  She seemed oblivious to the example that she sets for the children. 

At some point, you don't continue in banter or war with a family member.  You take the high road and conduct yourself the way you know is right. That's what the children need to see, but, she just seemed to stay stuck.  It's just her way, I guess.  It's like she's stuck in this rut of discord and she just can't get out, no matter how much counseling she gets......so pitiful.  Maybe, my expectations are too high for her. 

• Love 3
On 5/16/2019 at 12:55 PM, ginger90 said:

Someone asked about strength training. I edited the person’s name out.

Janelle’s reply:

I personally find functional movement like climbing stairs, squats etc to be very strengthening! I also don’t have a lot of patience for just doing sets and reps- so I like to do my strength training in more of a class setting like kettle bells or internal type training where it’s mixed in with lots of variety

I wonder if they have a camp gladiator in Flagstaff?  I have been at one of our local parks and they usually have two morning sessions and two evening sessions.  These people get a good workout and do it at their own pace.  I have seen several people larger than Janelle doing it.  They are usually the last to finish, but they do the entire workout and it's varied so you don't do the same workout every day.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

Yuck. Typically if someone is overweight and out of shape on the outside- the inside is just as bad. Janelle’s had a lot of kids and is laZy- I doubt she even knows what a kegal exercise is. 

She thinks its a noodle pudding 😁

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
(edited)

Is that 3 glasses of lemonade and pita bread w/condiments?  Where's the protein? Protein and some non-starchy vegetables would stave off hunger a lot longer than pita bread and sugary lemonade.  Even if I were going to drink 3 glasses of anything, I used one glass and fill it 3 times to save on washing.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is that 3 glasses of lemonade and pita bread w/condiments?  Where's the protein? Protein and some non-starchy vegetables would stave off hunger a lot longer than pita bread and sugary lemonade.

It kinda looks to me like a quesadilla and some refried beans with a smallish cup of salsa.  Why does she need 3 drinks (if that is what they are?)?  Is that other cup a side of sour cream?

Yes I am craving Mexican food.  Why do you ask??  HA!

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I may have to give up sharing this crap!

21022E0D-35F8-476A-9E20-E988EB068E83.jpeg

I just can’t. Please tell me this is a Janelle parody post. 

I am going to let weight watchers know Janelle has confirmed their mantra to eat more protein and less processed foods so you will feel full faster and longer. I should save myself the $44.95 a month and subscribe to Strive. I have been doing it all wrong. 

Next week’s Strive post, water has less calories than soda and is really refreshinf on a hot day in Flagstaff when it is cold. A little birdie told me you can freeze it as well. Who knew? 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Is that 3 glasses of lemonade and pita bread w/condiments?  Where's the protein? 

43 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

It kinda looks to me like a quesadilla and some refried beans with a smallish cup of salsa.  Why does she need 3 drinks (if that is what they are?)? 

4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Way too much sugar to be satisfying beyond 30 minutes.  Where's the protein?  Fiber?  Rock-star veggies?

Not to defend Strive, but the photo of Mexican food is from the NPR article and is their example of the heavily processed foods not to eat.

It's WAY too well composed to be one of Janelle's photos. 🙂

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Sorry ginger but you're not allowed to stop sharing!!!   😂

I look forward to your posts every single day. 

Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Lecture my ass, unless that is what she is calling the CBS morning news. They had that processed food story on this morning.  Next she will say when she was at the Farmers Market she tasted XYZ, but it was really a Chili's

• LOL 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Is that 3 glasses of lemonade and pita bread w/condiments?  Where's the protein? Protein and some non-starchy vegetables would stave off hunger a lot longer than pita bread and sugary lemonade.  Even if I were going to drink 3 glasses of anything, I used one glass and fill it 3 times to save on washing.

If you look closely it's 4 glasses of lemonade or whatever.... In fact I blew up the pic and there's also another shadow that might be a 5th glass.

Edit to add: thanks lilwharveygal.... yup 5 glasses

Edited by Joan of Argh
additional info
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
46 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Not to defend Strive, but the photo of Mexican food is from the NPR article and is their example of the heavily processed foods not to eat. 

It's WAY too well composed to be one of Janelle's photos. 🙂

you nailed her 👍 

200570_custom-a55c538cbf46ea89dded40334c056b189f899b4a-s800-c85.jpg

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 2
46 minutes ago, MakingBacon said:

I am going to let weight watchers know Janelle has confirmed their mantra to eat more protein and less processed foods so you will feel full faster and longer. I should save myself the $44.95 a month and subscribe to Strive. I have been doing it all wrong. 

Next week’s Strive post, water has less calories than soda and is really refreshinf on a hot day in Flagstaff when it is cold. A little birdie told me you can freeze it as well. Who knew? 

I heard this on npr yesterday.  My first thought was, well duh.  It was interesting but nothing new.  Janelle needs to spend some real time Striving and learning something besides the obvious or stfu.  The second choice gets my vote.  The insipid posts are just ridiculous.

• Love 4
(edited)

That may be the example of the processed meal not the whole food meal.

eta: never mind reading on phone and already addressed.

Edited by Absolom
1 hour ago, MakingBacon said:

I sure hope those are Margaritas! If they are, then this is the plan for me!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
(edited)

Interesting, I pulled this quote from her from the RO artical - 

"I can’t give it my all when I don’t want to do it.”

That my friends pretty much sums up Janelle and this Strive nonsense 

Edited by Mahamid Frauded Me
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, MakingBacon said:

Is that a pic of the snack she had GrubHub deliver while she was listening?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Way too much sugar to be satisfying beyond 30 minutes.  Where's the protein?  Fiber?  Rock-star veggies?  What another shitty post.  Strife to the rescue!!

Awwww she left all that stuff at the Farmers market on Sunday.

• LOL 5
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She "just" heard this. Our certified "health coach" just heard this?!? Way to stay on top of things, Janelle. This has been out there for years

And to be fair, I think the photo she has there is to show the processed foods/sugar related to the information, not what she had for lunch. But still. She has JUST heard this?

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Same day, Michelle walked, Janelle drove:

ACE2C13B-0B59-4C7D-8F8E-524D493EDBA8.jpeg

So on mother's day, Logan and Michelle (and maybe Janelle's other kids) WALKED to the market but Janelle drove instead? 

Maybe that's why she was loitering around. She might have been waiting for the kids to show up. 

• Love 2

You know, that is damned sad that she couldn't manage a less than 2 mile walk.  She's only 50, for Pete's sake.  When she's mid-60's, she'll be even more of a slug.  I wouldn't run on my arthritic joints, but I can easily walk 2 miles.  Some freaking health coach.  Whine about how hard everything is, how tired she is, how the weather is crappy.  If she only knew how ridiculous she sounds.  No one will tell her.  Are they all that dumb (or uncaring?)  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Are they all that dumb (or uncaring?)

Yes. Sycophants, by definition, are "people who act obsequiously toward someone important in order to gain advantage".  They will agree with their obsession no matter how idiotic that person sounds or the stupid thing he/she does.

• Love 4
(edited)

I've been on a mostly unprocessed food diet and it's not that easy to keep up especially if you are an active person because fresh foods are often expensive and time consuming to prepare, especially if you want them to taste good.  I try to eat as unprocessed as possible but sometimes it's just not possible or realistic to avoid it completely.  I managed to lose weight eating some processed foods, but of course I didn't eat a lot of them.  A slice of bread, a flavored yogurt or a tortilla here and there isn't going to make you reach for another serving, and if you're on a structured diet you're not going to be reaching for the chips to fill a void anyway if you don't cheat.  In fact, I've found that if I don't have a slice of bread I will feel unsatisfied in many cases, so avoiding some processed foods can actually backfire.  I believe that going to the extreme with any diet is a recipe for failure. 

Obviously a lot of thin people eat processed foods all the time and don't have a problem with them as they are everywhere and the norm for the average person.  These are people that can reach for a few chips every now and then and not pay a steep price in terms of weight gain for having done so.  People continue to find reasons to blame overweight people for their weight with standards that the average thin person could never meet.  It's just not fair.  I have often said that Janelle's weight is a combination of metabolic syndrome and depression.  The first makes it very easy to gain weight and hard to lose it no matter what you eat, and the second makes it easy to eat the wrong things for emotional reasons and not get enough exercise.  Plus I think state of mind has an effect on our weight.  People that are stressed out have more difficulty managing their weight and it may not be all due to eating more.  It's a very difficult combination.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I've been on a mostly unprocessed food diet and it's not that easy to keep up especially if you are an active person because fresh foods are often expensive and time consuming to prepare, especially if you want them to taste good.  I try to eat as unprocessed as possible but sometimes it's just not possible or realistic to avoid it completely.  I managed to lose weight eating some processed foods, but of course I didn't eat a lot of them.  A slice of bread, a flavored yogurt or a tortilla here and there isn't going to make you reach for another serving, and if you're on a structured diet you're not going to be reaching for the chips to fill a void anyway if you don't cheat.  In fact, I've found that if I don't have a slice of bread I will feel unsatisfied in many cases, so avoiding some processed foods can actually backfire.  I believe that going to the extreme with any diet is a recipe for failure. 

Obviously a lot of thin people eat processed foods all the time and don't have a problem with them as they are everywhere and the norm for the average person.  These are people that can reach for a few chips every now and then and not pay a steep price in terms of weight gain for having done so.  People continue to find reasons to blame overweight people for their weight with standards that the average thin person could never meet.  It's just not fair.  I have often said that Janelle's weight is a combination of metabolic syndrome and depression.  The first makes it very easy to gain weight and hard to lose it no matter what you eat, and the second makes it easy to eat the wrong things for emotional reasons and not get enough exercise.  Plus I think state of mind has an effect on our weight.  People that are stressed out have more difficulty managing their weight and it may not be all due to eating more.  It's a very difficult combination.

Very true.  And we don't know what goes on inside Janelle's head or body, except what she posts 

• Love 4
On 5/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

https://soapdirt.com/sister-wives-janelle-brown-gets-choking-warning-on-adorable-axel-photo/

Yesterday I saw an article online about Janelle babysitting Axel and she posted pics of him playing with little fuzz balls that could choke him....her twitter blew up with comments about choking.

Was it discussed here?  I don't recall hearing about it.

Sister-Wives-Axel-Brown-Brush-2.jpg

She should have have broke out the canned cabbage to give him and then they could have made 

E5508152-576D-45B1-9ECE-2A0906E5E895.jpeg.f107dcb198d0d2c78781c4354f0a447a.jpeg

• LOL 4

All I can say about the choking is that my first child didn't put things in his mouth.  He gave up his pacifier early and that was that.  He did choke on a small piece of roast beef I cut up for him.  He was also a poor eater.  Now he is a very well fed adult!  Maybe she is watching him, maybe he doesn't put those things in his mouth.  Or maybe she is a clueless idiot.

• Love 8
On 5/16/2019 at 4:02 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Was it discussed here?  I don't recall hearing about it.

Oh, yeah, there was quite a backlash here as well as on her Instagram account.

Common sense is not that common.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Same day, Michelle walked, Janelle drove:

ACE2C13B-0B59-4C7D-8F8E-524D493EDBA8.jpeg

I walked everywhere when I lived in Flag. I even backpacked my groceries. That's one thing Flagstaff excels at--walking/biking paths. 

So, it's not even that hot in the Vegas area yet as it's been a relatively cool/damp spring. What's she talking about? It's not even hot yet. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's not easy as we age, I get it. My own metabolism has slowed significantly and I get very sick from wheat (like stay in bed sick), so a lot of "normal" things people eat are eliminated from my diet. Wheat-free replacements often taste like crap, fall apart and are more processed than plain ol' bread/tortillas, so that's a frustration. Plus there's my plant-based eating, which makes me feel better but is inconventient at times.  I can't even bring a sandwich or a wrap to work like a normal person. Here I am, lugging a big 'ol pile of greens which will go flat by the time I get around to eating them. 

With that, I get how hard it can be. I'd be much easier on Janelle, however, if she dropped the whole "health coach", "Strive" business. If she were just another middle age woman with middle age woman struggles, I'd empathize and cut her some slack. But she puts herself out there as a "professional" who can't even pull herself together. In the health and fitness world, you need to succeed first, THEN take money for your services as a professional. By claiming to be a professional, Janelle puts upon herself higher expectations from the paying public. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Maybe Strive is really just a support group for people like her trying to get by mentally and physically.  That's all that she can manage, and maybe that's all they can manage.

Fixed it... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2