Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

I think there are..........books?  At the............um, library?  Or on..........hang on, I'll think of it.............................................................Amazon??  Maybe?

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I think there are..........books?  At the............um, library?  Or on..........hang on, I'll think of it.............................................................Amazon??  Maybe?

Or Pinterest!

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, toodles said:

Who are these morons asking JANELLE for diet advice?  "I think there are books...."  I wonder how long she dithered over that profound advice.

Or she could just say "google it".  You can eat alkaline foods, but your digestive system will secrete more acid  (and vice versa) to maintain your body's pH in a very narrow range.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Oh don't get Janelle started on another diet and lifestyle trend please! I hope she forgets all about alkaline diets and the other stuff she doesn't know anything about. 

How about Janelle you take a basic nutrition course or 10 and maybe a cooking class to start?

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Chicklet said:

Oh don't get Janelle started on another diet and lifestyle trend please! I hope she forgets all about alkaline diets and the other stuff she doesn't know anything about. 

How about Janelle you take a basic nutrition course or 10 and maybe a cooking class to start?

she'd probably just rub a battery against her stomach.  Alkaline battery of course 🙂

Janelle doesn't need to take a nutrition course!  She's halfway to her graduation as a Jelly Belly Ayurvedic Nutrition Coach or whatever the eff it is.  😛

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
On 8/9/2020 at 2:17 PM, deirdra said:

5 mg is probably similar to naturally occurring amounts that have no effect, so Janelle is probably paying for nothing.  Bipolar people take 900-1800 mg per day.

Then again, the symptoms of mild lithium toxicity include: 

diarrhea.

vomiting.

stomach pains.

fatigue.

muscle weakness.

drowsiness.

The prescription form of lithium is the carbonate form and is toxic to your major organs because it’s so poorly absorbed that prescribed therapeutic levels are enormous to compensate.

Lithium orotate is a cell salt form. Dosage is low and any benefits or effects are more subdued than with lithium carbonate. It can be bought or obtained almost anywhere and is no more or less safe to take than most OTC meds and/or supplements, including caffeine. 

• Useful 6

"And why yes, Kody has transitioned to boots and a truck."  

• Wouldn't that be de rigueur for a guy who grew up on a Wyoming ranch?  He's not the California surfer dude he fantasizes himself to be, or even the slick salesman in a sportscar that he presented in the first season.  And a truck remains family-inappropriate, unless he's herding the Pixies and Robyn's kids in the back.  
  • Kody's also regained his gut, probably from eating ice cream directly from the pint and grabbing takeout (one of Janelle's most-mentioned activities).  He connects to the camera more than he does with Savannah in this photo.  He doesn't look to be enjoying either.  (I hope the ice cream isn't some orop to turn on Janelle.)  
  • Savannah's leggings look threadbare, not intentionally sheer.  
  • Christine or Janelle just posted a picture of a son on a mountain or hill at sunset.  I wonder if it was on this one family outing.
  • "Kody has transitioned," is an awkward phrasing choice.
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Grifter Lives said:

"And why yes, Kody has transitioned to boots and a truck."  

With a queer and a raging bisexual daughter, Kootie is probably trying to convince his HS classmates that he is not gay. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I like Kody’s hair here.  

I agree, it doesn't look bad here...but...knowing what we know about Kody, that his hair is all perms and plugs, it seems a trifle vainglorious for him to be sporting hair like this.

Last month, Christine was beseeching her LLR followers to buy from her so she could pay for Ysabel's surgery, this month Christine and Janelle are flogging $30-$35 personalized cameos to raise some extra income.  His priorities seem a little askew to me.

• Love 10
On 8/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, Chicklet said:

I hate green beans so I don't know if that looks good. Kind of gag-inducing to me.

I love green beans but this looks like someone vomited into theirs.  So I see why you find it gag inducing.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I like Kody’s hair here. 

Has he had another perm or is he rolling it in Spoolies® now?   

I like a man with long hair, but only if it is natural, product-free and he is not obsessed with it.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Sandy W said:

knowing what we know about Kody, that his hair is all perms and plugs, it seems a trifle vainglorious for him to be sporting hair like this.

"a trifle vainglorious"! Love this phrase!! ❤️

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 8/14/2020 at 5:38 PM, LilWharveyGal said:

Where did Kowboy Kody scrounge up the money for a truck?

And that fresh new highlight/perm?

On 8/15/2020 at 1:52 PM, deirdra said:

With a queer and a raging bisexual daughter, Kootie is probably trying to convince his HS classmates that he is not gay. 

He's been doing that since season two.  One of his HS classmates interviewed that she not only thought Kody was gay, but flamboyantly gay (her words).  A few others agreed with her.  I don't think he's so much gay as a raging, mind-numbing attention ho.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
On 8/4/2020 at 1:19 PM, laurakaye said:

Wondering if Janelle is also a fan of that famous Twilight rip-off, 50 Shades of Gray...........

Not trying to step on any toes here.... but I just do NOT get the appeal of the 50 shades stuff.   I guess maybe if you are in a safe, secure marriage, the idea might be interesting or "spicy" maybe?

"Oh honey - your pain excites me sexually!  Let me hurt you some more!"

On 8/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, laurakaye said:

He's been doing that since season two.  One of his HS classmates interviewed that she not only thought Kody was gay, but flamboyantly gay (her words).  A few others agreed with her.  I don't think he's so much gay as a raging, mind-numbing attention ho.

Yeah, I don't think he's gay at all.  He definitely thinks he is gorgeous.  Maybe when he was 18 someone told him his hair was his best feature, and now he can't get over it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

I wish Janelle would stop with the diet, health and fitness information. None of it seems to be working for her.

This. She's had YEARS to do the work and she's still trying to paint herself as a health coach. Janelle should hit pause and get back to everyone when she's achieved a noticeable level of physical changes. In this industry, you don't sell unless you've shown it's worked for you. 

I agree she should just stop and have a support blog, not a "business". Janelle needs a coach of her own, yet here she is trying to BE one. 

• Love 11

A reply by Janelle on a comment:

Yoga isn’t a real weight loss type of tool for me but it is invaluable in keeping me mobile and flexible - and honestly I think the mobility and flexibility may be more critical for quality of life than stamina 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

A reply by Janelle on a comment:

Yoga isn’t a real weight loss type of tool for me but it is invaluable in keeping me mobile and flexible - and honestly I think the mobility and flexibility may be more critical for quality of life than stamina 

Janelle, just shut it down.  For real.  So she's saying that it's more important to be able to touch your toes than walk up a flight of stairs?  I would argue that of the two, stamina is more important but BOTH are necessary for quality of life.  I feel like it's her way of saying that yoga is actually the reason why she hasn't lost weight because, you know, that's not rilly what it's for.  Just a thinly-veiled excuse like literally everything else she posts.  

And for sure, it's not a good look at all that Janelle mentioned Evie's surgery while Maddie did not.  But sadly, the first thing I thought of was Maddie mentioning a "hiatus" from social media, which I took to mean TLC asking her not to discuss the surgery since it's going to get filmed for Season 27 or whatever we're on now.  The Browns don't do anything without using it as fodder for their show, including selling their grandchildren's souls.

• Love 14

Boo freaking hoo on how hard it is to go east. Try doing it for work and having to get up at what feels like three in the morning, and then going to meetings and trying to make sense. But wait, that would require an actual job. I was watching the old episode where they were talking about going into real estate, and Janelle said something about how she has to be busy 🙄. I’m telling you, the old episodes are gold if you want to think snarky thoughts. 

• Love 14
On 8/19/2020 at 3:16 PM, Kyanight said:

Not trying to step on any toes here.... but I just do NOT get the appeal of the 50 shades stuff.   I guess maybe if you are in a safe, secure marriage, the idea might be interesting or "spicy" maybe?

"Oh honey - your pain excites me sexually!  Let me hurt you some more!"

Yeah, I don't think he's gay at all.  He definitely thinks he is gorgeous.  Maybe when he was 18 someone told him his hair was his best feature, and now he can't get over it.

I think the 50 Shades stuff is so juvenile.  

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

I think the 50 Shades stuff is so juvenile.  

Oh, it's awful.  And degrading.  And humiliating.  And it spawned a whole crop of women who think that if they encounter a bad boy, they can reform him with their lurrrrrrrve.

Which is probably exactly why it might appeal to Janelle and Christine, come to think of it.

• Love 12

Question:  can you buy bacon grease?  I would never have any around.  Or do you have to buy bacon and cook it to get the grease? (I don't cook much.)  Is bacon grease something that most people have in their kitchen?  I guess I don't have any recipes that call for it.

• Love 1

I think generally you must fry bacon to get bacon grease.  My MIL used to keep a jar on the stove to pour it into.  My mother only made two recipes that required bacon grease so we had bacon the mornings she was going to make those.  

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Question:  can you buy bacon grease?  I would never have any around.  Or do you have to buy bacon and cook it to get the grease? (I don't cook much.)  Is bacon grease something that most people have in their kitchen?  I guess I don't have any recipes that call for it.

Bacon is typically sold by the pound, so to get the 1 Tbsp for this delightful recipe, she has to cook and probably eat the other 15.5 oz of bacon & grease.  I cook bacon about once or twice a year (because it is hard for me to not eat all the bacon) and save the extra grease in a mason jar. If you use a lot of bacon grease, you can leave it out; it lasts about a year in the fridge if you use it rarely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think generally you must fry bacon to get bacon grease.  My MIL used to keep a jar on the stove to pour it into.  My mother only made two recipes that required bacon grease so we had bacon the mornings she was going to make those.  

Thank you.  I don't remember my mother ever cooking bacon.  I have a recipe for pea salad that needs bacon, and I just buy the precooked kind and microwave it.  No grease to save.  I really had no idea what to do with bacon grease.  Now I know.

Eggs cooked in bacon grease are yummy, as are most things.  You can make bacon mayonnaise - part melted grease, part olive or other oil to keep it spreadable.  I also save chicken fat when I air-fry chicken backs & legs w/skin, and use the bones to make bone broth.  I like the idea of getting multiple uses out of one item.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Whenever I make roast beef & yorkshire puddings with gravy I bake the yorkshire batter in a tsp of bacon grease in the bottom of each muffin cup.

Preheat and pour the batter directly into sizzling hot bacon grease and pop back in oven.

The bacon grease makes the outside crust crispy and light while the center is still fluffy, plus the bacon grease adds flavor.  Very yummy!

Why do all her meals look like slop?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7