Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

A pan full of loose stool. 🤮

And I realize this is a once-a-year kind of thing, but how many calories? Like 200 a spoonful? Are they doing a final fatten-up before hibernating for the winter?

Well, 2 tablespoons of peanut butter is 190 calories, and that's not counting the copious amounts of sugar added. 

And I highly doubt that this is a once a year treat for the Browns - the recipe was featured on the TLC website as one of Janelle's specialties à la Maison when the series first aired, and there's a shot from the Vegas years shortly after the move where Janelle is listlessly picking at a loaded cookie sheet (with her fingers - personally I'd use a spoon but that's just me - perhaps she made that batch for her own personal consumption).

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The post is by Christine, but I had to put it here:

I have questions.

What's in the small dish behind the slime-covered Fritos?  Sugar?  Salt?  Mayonnaise?  Is that a bottle of Karo high-fructose corn syrup blurred in the background?  And why the hashtag #wrongmeasurements?  You want us to check out your "link in bio," but why would we do that if you're telling us that your measurements are wrong?  And what, pray tell, does any of this have to do with being a #lularoeretailer?  Is there a Frito-covered Hudson coming out on the market?  And while I'm griping, can this really be called #cooking?  The only hashtag that makes sense is #StriveWithJanelle because if there's anywhere I would be likely to find a 9 x 13 pan of gooey sugary/salty fattening snack food, it would be on Janelle's "health" blog.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I have questions.

What's in the small dish behind the slime-covered Fritos?  Sugar?  Salt?  Mayonnaise?  Is that a bottle of Karo high-fructose corn syrup blurred in the background?  And why the hashtag #wrongmeasurements?  You want us to check out your "link in bio," but why would we do that if you're telling us that your measurements are wrong?  And what, pray tell, does any of this have to do with being a #lularoeretailer?  Is there a Frito-covered Hudson coming out on the market?  And while I'm griping, can this really be called #cooking?  The only hashtag that makes sense is #StriveWithJanelle because if there's anywhere I would be likely to find a 9 x 13 pan of gooey sugary/salty fattening snack food, it would be on Janelle's "health" blog.

Sugar, corn syrup, PB, Fritos.

https://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/1525032/fritos-and-peanut-butter/AMP/

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

And what, pray tell, does any of this have to do with being a #lularoeretailer?

It must fall into the category of showing the good life that a salesman for Lulurags can have.   I am very allergic to peanuts and I don't particularly like fritos, so I find this mixture to be revolting.  I could probably work up a good case of hives if I think about it too much.

If you sell their rags, then you, too, deserve this yummy snack.

That's all I got.   I am willing to entertain alternate theories.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I'd like to know as well but have no desire to get tagged by Facebook for all kinds of LLR ads.

Smart woman!  Apparently I've looked at one too many LLR ads (for the comic value, of course) because I've recently gotten Facebook ads for temple dresses and something called missionary shirts 😂

• LOL 7

omg Jif peanut butter already contains sugar! The thought of adding more sugar and corn syrup is just - gaghhh! Plus the thought of eating Fritos. Blechhh. That's just salt and chemicals. I get that salt and sweet is a nice combination, in small doses, but not like this. And they are advertising it like it's something to enjoy?! I can't, I just can't.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 10/9/2019 at 6:52 AM, CocoPuffs said:

Got this ad thanks to Janelle eating out of a dog bowl. 😂

Seriously, though, what would possess one to eat out of a dog bowl or a bowl that looks so similar to one? And even more puzzling, why would one post it for others to see? Makes you go hmmmmm? 🤔

82A77879-AA83-4051-A823-90E7508C4CF2.jpeg

She said she heated it up, so then put it in a metal bowl to eat? Or did she put the bowl and stew on the stove burner and heat it? I have a metal mixing bowl but wouldn’t eat out of it.  Guess I need to re-evaluate my life. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

She said she heated it up, so then put it in a metal bowl to eat? Or did she put the bowl and stew on the stove burner and heat it? I have a metal mixing bowl but wouldn’t eat out of it.  Guess I need to re-evaluate my life. 

We have several metal mixing bowls.  We also have one metal  bowl for a small dog which I bought for our cat (RIP) because we were going to be gone for the weekend, and the cat sitter had to cancel at the last moment.  The cat's normal food bowl was tiny so I needed something to hold enough food for a couple of days.  When the cat died, I was about to pitch the bowl, but Mr Twopper intercepted it and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected it.  He will use it from time to time to take something back to his home office to munch on.   Usually, he puts cereal or popcorn in it. 

I have only used it to eat a large serving of gelato.

I will show myself out now.....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Janelle, just quit Strive already and turn in your health-coach license, which isn't worth the paper it was printed on.  Get your own damn self healthy because your daughter - you know, the one you swore you weren't going to move away from?  The one that now lives the length of the country from you?  She is going to need your help in a serious way in the next few months.  So stop regaling us with the inner workings of your sludgy gut, get to a nutritionist, get a real paying job, and stop cutting/pasting whatever inane crap you got off of Google that day for your 11 followers to read.  Don't wait for Kootie to give you permission to get healthy so you can be there for your kids, 'cause he's just going to want to shove you with both hands into his next get-rich quick scheme and then flit off to Robyn's house where he can hide in one of her spare bedrooms and work on perfecting his scrunchie hairdo.  And when you do end up going back and forth to NC, don't expect him to come with you unless Robyn allows it.

Maybe this will give Janelle the smack upside the head she needs.  I doubt it, but maybe.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 14
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

5DF449EC-4946-4DCC-99EB-8307BB8C5008.jpeg

3076E025-68E4-4E1E-ADCA-9CEA36FAE5BE.jpeg

This drivel sounds like a 3rd grade report, not something coming from a supposed “professional”. 

We all know the peanut butter Fritos will be on the menu later today, we just won’t hear about that. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

"These powerhouse spices can also help wake up sleepy dull mind." - Janelle Brown, Strive

It's like she actually fell asleep in the middle of typing this sentence.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

I found it funny that Christine tagged Strive in that PB Frito mess she posted.  

29 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Janelle, just quit Strive already and turn in your health-coach license, which isn't worth the paper it was printed on.  Get your own damn self healthy because your daughter - you know, the one you swore you weren't going to move away from?  The one that now lives the length of the country from you?  She is going to need your help in a serious way in the next few months.  So stop regaling us with the inner workings of your sludgy gut, get to a nutritionist, get a real paying job, and stop cutting/pasting whatever inane crap you got off of Google that day for your 11 followers to read.  Don't wait for Kootie to give you permission to get healthy so you can be there for your kids, 'cause he's just going to want to shove you with both hands into his next get-rich quick scheme and then flit off to Robyn's house where he can hide in one of her spare bedrooms and work on perfecting his scrunchie hairdo.  And when you do end up going back and forth to NC, don't expect him to come with you unless Robyn allows it.

Maybe this will give Janelle the smack upside the head she needs.  I doubt it, but maybe.

Yes.  She needs to get her shit together enough to help Maddie now.  Lazy slug isn't going to cut it.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

We have several metal mixing bowls.  We also have one metal  bowl for a small dog which I bought for our cat (RIP) because we were going to be gone for the weekend, and the cat sitter had to cancel at the last moment.  The cat's normal food bowl was tiny so I needed something to hold enough food for a couple of days.  When the cat died, I was about to pitch the bowl, but Mr Twopper intercepted it and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected it.  He will use it from time to time to take something back to his home office to munch on.   Usually, he puts cereal or popcorn in it. 

I have only used it to eat a large serving of gelato.

I will show myself out now.....

Once anything goes through the dishwasher I consider it sanitized enough.   Once a long time ago we were at a favorite aunt's house with family and she dished my brother a very generous serving of ice cream.  One of the cousins said "oh you are eating out of the fish bowl".  the fish died and that thing went into kitchen rotation.  We still laugh at that story.

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

I imagine the metal keeps food hot or cold . I was in some weird zombie grief trance when my 14 1/2 year old best buddy died and I gathered ,washed & sterilized everything that was his ( even medication) for a rescue organization that the hospital collected.  I then proceeded to leave 3 large bags/ boxes in my living room unable to drop it off where he was treated for cancer.  A friend did it for me after 3 weeks. ( I did move it to my car at one point) 

I have always had several full sets of dishes in addition to many different cereal  soup  and pasta bowls.  If my late husband got a glance of me eating out of Sherlock’s  bowl he’d somehow arrange for a stay in a padded room. He’d also be shocked to see me eating out of paper bowls now. 

On topic: why does she feel compelled to photograph such slop? Was the blue container with rice precooked from a store or was that some kind of Tupperware?   She’s no Sara Lee.  Her giving health and fitness and motivation advice is like seeking a  five times divorced marriage therapist. There’s a lot of that in our culture now. Have a baby write a book on parenting, have a wedding and consider yourself a planner. Have an aged parent die and give speeches on grief. 

These people are not living the life they were originally peddling so how will it be sold with another season?  Doesn’t make sense. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

I imagine the metal keeps food hot or cold .

These people are not living the life they were originally peddling so how will it be sold with another season?  Doesn’t make sense. 

I enjoyed the gelato in the metal bowl.

These people haven't been living that life for a long time.  It ceased the day Robyn and Kody got Meri divorced from Kody.   I guess the show continues because we are used to either watching them and/or snarking about them.  I can't stand any of them except sometimes Christine is okay.  I detest Janelle the most and Meri and Robin are tied for 2nd place.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

These people haven't been living that life for a long time.  It ceased the day Robyn and Kody got Meri divorced from Kody.   I guess the show continues because we are used to either watching them and/or snarking about them.  I can't stand any of them except sometimes Christine is okay.  I detest Janelle the most and Meri and Robin are tied for 2nd place.

I don't know if I detest them per se, but for me I think Meri and Janelle are neck and neck for most annoying. Meri for bilking gullible people to participate in her MLM, or Janelle as the sad sack health coach focused on digestion. 

I don't watch the show so for me, ever since the catfish debacle, Robyn has stayed under the radar. She's really keeping a low profile. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't watch the show so for me, ever since the catfish debacle, Robyn has stayed under the radar. She's really keeping a low profile. 

Robyn has really been keeping a low profile lately.  A few thoughts come to mind 1) she has gotten the monogamous relationship she wanted with Kootie so has no need to be out there any more, 2) she's preggers and they are keeping it secret for the show, or 3) and I hope not, she is ill and keeping it secret. I kind of think it is #1, but I could be wrong.

The conspicuous "closing" of MSWC is also suspect. I think she has gotten what she wanted and is not pretending any more.

• Love 16
36 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

Robyn has really been keeping a low profile lately.  A few thoughts come to mind 1) she has gotten the monogamous relationship she wanted with Kootie so has no need to be out there any more, 2) she's preggers and they are keeping it secret for the show, or 3) and I hope not, she is ill and keeping it secret. I kind of think it is #1, but I could be wrong.

I vote for 1 and 2 as she is only 41 or 42.  I think a serious illness would get leaked unless only she and Kody know.  I think they need to change the premise of this show to "we thought polygamy worked, but we realized it didn't so now the show is about how polygamy doesn't work."

51 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't know if I detest them per se, but for me I think Meri and Janelle are neck and neck for most annoying. Meri for bilking gullible people to participate in her MLM, or Janelle as the sad sack health coach focused on digestion. 

My dislike (maybe detest is too strong a word for someone I know only as a tv person) is more total disrespect.  I never could get past her divorce to Meri's brother and her "marriage" to Kody who was already married to Meri.  I just find that wrong.  It violates what I consider to be moral behaviour, although  I realize other people might not agree.  I am not normally that prudish, but the idea makes my skin crawl.  Add my moral revulsion to her pathetic attempts at being a "life coach" and she wins top honors as the worst of the 4.  The harem may rilly fall apart when Christine and Janelle are empty nesters.   One day each of them will go live with or near one of their children and they will never be seen together again.  Meanwhile Meri will be working her way up another mlm, and Robin and Kody will be celebrating their anniversaries as though they have been married since they were both 20 because it fills as though they should have always been married, and  Robin will have cut  all the other "wives" out of the family photos.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

The conspicuous "closing" of MSWC is also suspect. I think she has gotten what she wanted and is not pretending any more.

I think it's the first one. My feeling is that after all the crap involving Kendra and the catfish debacle, Robyn decided to step away from social media outside the show. 

If she was pregnant, we'd know by now. She can't just stay inside the house all day for nine months! 

• Love 7

The thought of mixing peanut butter and Fritos is revolting to me.  Why on earth would anyone want to mix the two?  Never mind how fattening peanut butter is, at least it's somewhat healthy, but Fritos are one of THE most unhealthy and fattening things anyone could ever eat!  Where did Christine get that recipe?  The trailer trash cookbook?  I think this just confirms where their culinary roots lie, sadly.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think it's the first one. My feeling is that after all the crap involving Kendra and the catfish debacle, Robyn decided to step away from social media outside the show. 

Regarding Robyn keeping a low profile, it's interesting because I thought she'd surely be the one to post those stupid, cryptic meme-type posts on social media, taking subtle, passive-aggressive swipes at her sister wives.  Her silence is at odds with the stealth HBIC person we've come to know.  If I'm honest, it's actually a bit scary, like - what's she plotting?  Why is she so quiet?  What was that noise I just heard outside?!??

• LOL 12
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The thought of mixing peanut butter and Fritos is revolting to me.  Why on earth would anyone want to mix the two?  Never mind how fattening peanut butter is, at least it's somewhat healthy, but Fritos are one of THE most unhealthy and fattening things anyone could ever eat!  Where did Christine get that recipe?  The trailer trash cookbook?  I think this just confirms where their culinary roots lie, sadly

Most of their food the family makes looks terrible. 

Christine must be eating mostly healthy though, besides Robyn she’s the thinnest of the bunch. Wouldn’t surprise me if passive aggression played into it—let’s make this fattening shit we know Janelle will eat (and then try to find a way to undo later on by googling some magic herb or spice).  😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Does this peanut butter, fritos, sugar & corn syrup recipe have the consistency of peanut brittle or mushy peanut butter?  If the latter, how on earth do you eat it without making a bigger mess?  Wouldn't it be easier to just dip or spread PB on a Frito?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Regarding Robyn keeping a low profile, it's interesting because I thought she'd surely be the one to post those stupid, cryptic meme-type posts on social media, taking subtle, passive-aggressive swipes at her sister wives.  Her silence is at odds with the stealth HBIC person we've come to know.  If I'm honest, it's actually a bit scary, like - what's she plotting?  Why is she so quiet?  What was that noise I just heard outside?!??

I think it's more that she doesn't care anymore! She got what she wanted, and more besides since she also has a big ol house on a nice size piece of property. 
Kody probably asked her to stay off SM. Now, she's going to focus on making him happy, taking care of the kids, cleaning the house, etc. If she's as savvy as we think she is, she watched Meri carefully and wanted to make sure she didn't make the same mistakes. Like being bitchy and demanding, petty and whining.  

Reading the book, I realize that while Kody said that Meri and Janelle had to work out their differences between themselves, it must have gotten old pretty quickly. Imagine coming home to the Meri and Janelle battle and being used as a pawn. He must love the peace and quiet now. 

I will always believe that the reason Robyn and Kody wanted to move to Flagstaff was primarily because they didn't want to live in the cul de sac so close to the other three women.  

They bought that land, but they'll never build on it, much less the big plyg house. That's all for the show. What will end up happening is that they will quietly unload the property and just like MSWC and the sale of the Lehi house, it won't be mentioned in the show. 

Stick a fork in the ex wife and two girlfriends because they're DONE. 

41 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Most of their food the family makes looks terrible. 

Christine must be eating mostly healthy though, besides Robyn she’s the thinnest of the bunch. Wouldn’t surprise me if passive aggression played into it—let’s make this fattening shit we know Janelle will eat (and then try to find a way to undo later on by googling some magic herb or spice).  😂

I used to love Fritos in tomato soup...

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Number 1 makes sense to me. When have we ever seen an adult Brown do more than the absolute minimum necessary?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Does this peanut butter, fritos, sugar & corn syrup recipe have the consistency of peanut brittle or mushy peanut butter? 

I am allergic to peanut butter so I am not going to experiment.  I would guess that one would need to use crunchy peanut butter.

47 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Mr. Xword puts croutons in tomato soup.  I never tried that, either.  

I put either croutons or goldfish in tomato bisque.  I only do a few at a time to keep them crunchy.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Number 1 makes sense to me. When have we ever seen an adult Brown do more than the absolute minimum necessary?

I was going to add to my last post - note the absence of Mindy or a Mindy-type person to "help with the kids".  

Robyn has only two little ones and one of them is in school part of the day. I'm guessing her youngest is in preschool by now. 

Plus I think part of the reason for Mindy being there was to foment "fifth wife" rumors. I don't get why that even continues to come up because Kody himself has clearly and unequivocally stated that he doesn't want any more wives or sire any more kids. 

Here's my view of a typical late afternoon at The Real Mrs Brown's residence...

Robyn is humming in the kitchen preparing a plate of cheese and crackers with wine. 

Robyn: (loud voice) okay kids! Daddy will be home soon, make sure all your toys are put away. Everything must be s*** and span! 

Sol: awwww can I finish watching my cartoons? 

Robyn: you can watch them after Daddy gets home and you give him a giant hug as the Favorite Son!  Now spit spot and put on your nice clean playclothes.

Sol runs upstairs. Robyn puts on a frilly apron and checks her makeup. 

A few minutes later the sound of a sportscar from outside. It's Kody coming back from the gym!

Kody: I'm home! 

Sol and Ari come running downstairs as if Kody's been gone for six months

S&A: oh boy! Daddy's home!  We want hugs! We want kisses!  Daddy! Daddy!!! 

Kody: my kids!!! 

Hugs ensue, Robyn stands by looking on fondly and with her makeup perfect. 

Kody: (sniffs) mmmm! What's that I smell? 

Robyn: I baked your favorite cake, and there's a delicious roast in the oven. Here's your slippers, time to relax!

Kody: I love coming home to you, Mrs. Brown.

Kody's iPhone buzzes, he looks down.

Kody: oh, it's Christine. She wants me to come over and fix the grill immediately. 

Phone buzzes again

Kody: it's Janelle this time. Apparently, it's her "night". Ugh. 

Robyn: well, we can always have this dinner tomorrow! 

Kody: I honestly don't see why she bothers. We stopped that night thing after we moved to Flagstaff. 

Texts Janelle: "sorry. Car out of gas and need to help Sol with homework. Laters. K"

Then he texts the same thing to Christine. 

Kody's phone buzzes again and this time it's an Instagram notification

Kody: oh. Meri posted a photo from Buttcrack, Missouri or wherever she is right now with some guy wearing leggings. Tell me again why I care and why I'm following my EX on social media?!? 

Robyn: because those COLs on Primetimer noticed you weren't. But I found out you can mute her! Yay! 

Kody: (mutes) whew! 

Robyn: (gives him a big hug and kiss) Let's sit out on the patio and have some wine and cheese before dinner while I massage your manly, sexy shoulders, Tiger. 

Kody: mmmmmm. That's my kind of evening, Mrs Brown. 

Puts phone on airplane mode and heads outside with The Real Mrs Brown.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Reading the book, I realize that while Kody said that Meri and Janelle had to work out their differences between themselves, it must have gotten old pretty quickly. Imagine coming home to the Meri and Janelle battle and being used as a pawn. He must love the peace and quiet now. 

Perhaps Kody should've fought harder against that powerful magnetic pull towards his current wife's ex sister-in-law.  I will never not wonder about that.  If he truly wanted to keep the peace amongst his wives, why dip into the same family pool for the first two?  I think he either really does have a brain the size of a pea and didn't think it through, or he knew exactly what he was doing and looked forward to two closely related women fighting over him, claws and all.

Kody blew it as patriarch from the moment he took Janelle as his second wife, IMO.  I know the plyg community is fairly small, but for crying out loud, his first two wives probably glared at each other over the Thanksgiving turkey at Meri's mom's house before Janelle decided that she wanted some of what Meri was having.  Yuck. Gross.  Also, YUCK.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Twopper said:

Yes! I remember now sherbet or scoop of ice cream was dessert in restaurants Many moons ago.  They even would bring the sherbet between courses as a palate cleanser. 

I have a friend who puts about a cup of crackers on top of homemade chili or soup or stew and it unnerves me.  I want to ask him if he has his teeth in. It’s ok because it wasn’t me laboring over the stove getting the spices and taste just right to have it covered in half package of crushed crackers. I forgot he crushes them. 

Crackers are my favorite I could live on them but... 

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

The thought of mixing peanut butter and Fritos is revolting to me.  Why on earth would anyone want to mix the two?  Never mind how fattening peanut butter is, at least it's somewhat healthy, but Fritos are one of THE most unhealthy and fattening things anyone could ever eat!  Where did Christine get that recipe?  The trailer trash cookbook?  I think this just confirms where their culinary roots lie, sadly.

I don't think fritos are THE worst snack ever, but with peanut butter? Eww. No thanks. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Perhaps Kody should've fought harder against that powerful magnetic pull towards his current wife's ex sister-in-law.  I will never not wonder about that.  If he truly wanted to keep the peace amongst his wives, why dip into the same family pool for the first two?  I think he either really does have a brain the size of a pea and didn't think it through, or he knew exactly what he was doing and looked forward to two closely related women fighting over him, claws and all.

Kody blew it as patriarch from the moment he took Janelle as his second wife, IMO.  I know the plyg community is fairly small, but for crying out loud, his first two wives probably glared at each other over the Thanksgiving turkey at Meri's mom's house before Janelle decided that she wanted some of what Meri was having.  Yuck. Gross.  Also, YUCK.

Whatever problems there were between Meri and Janelle, Kody deserves equal, if not more blame than the two women.  You will never convince me that he didn't enjoy every minute of their conflicts, knowing that jealousy over him was the root source.  And you will also never convince me that he didn't passive aggressively, or maybe even openly, encourage the two of them to be at each other's throats.  The last thing he wanted was for his "wives" to be friends and form any kind of alliance with him on the outside.  

Kody has a huge ego and enjoyed the control he had over the women in his life.  Christine most likely wasn't part of the conflicts because she had little interest in anything other than feeding Kody's ego and popping out babies.  

How ironic that he apparently has now become at least mostly exclusive with the most controlling, egocentric wife of the batch.  If their behavior on the show is any indication of their real life relationship, Robyn orders Kody around and he likes it well enough to make her his top priority.  

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

Whatever problems there were between Meri and Janelle, Kody deserves equal, if not more blame than the two women.  You will never convince me that he didn't enjoy every minute of their conflicts, knowing that jealousy over him was the root source.  And you will also never convince me that he didn't passive aggressively, or maybe even openly, encourage the two of them to be at each other's throats.  The last thing he wanted was for his "wives" to be friends and form any kind of alliance with him on the outside.  

Kody has a huge ego and enjoyed the control he had over the women in his life.  Christine most likely wasn't part of the conflicts because she had little interest in anything other than feeding Kody's ego and popping out babies.  

How ironic that he apparently has now become at least mostly exclusive with the most controlling, egocentric wife of the batch.  If their behavior on the show is any indication of their real life relationship, Robyn orders Kody around and he likes it well enough to make her his top priority.  

I'm curious what he sees in Robin? I mean she isn't horrible looking, but I think Christine is the fun one and cute too. If I was one of the kids, I would want Christine to be my mom. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

Good points, but from Kody's POV, he probably hasn't ever blamed himself for anything.  

He might have enjoyed the battle early on, when he was young, but it probably got tiresome and old after awhile.  

Meri is bossy and a fishwife. That's not attractive. She became even bossier and bitchy as time went on, even after the addition of Christine, who allied herself with the ultra-passive, weepy, out of shape Janelle. Christine wasn't in all that great a shape either. I think she's trying to stay relevant in Kody's eyes and so has made an effort to lose weight to compete with Robyn. Remember back on that episode "The Wives Diet Woes" all the original 3 wives weighed in at over 200 lbs each? 

But I don't think it's just the looks thing. For 6 years, Kody and the original 3 and 12 kids (16 people!!) were squished like sardines in the Lehi house. Yeah they had separate apartments, but it didn't seem to be such a big house for that many people. No one really had any privacy. 

Despite his "love should be multiplied, not divided" I don't think Kody really loves or has ever loved Janelle and Christine. Maybe he loved Meri, but I've always had the impression that he married Janelle because she was always there and chasing him in a way... Christine because she was "royalty" and to balance things out between Meri and Janelle.  

Robyn is really the only true love/chemistry match for Kody.  Remember the huge fuss he made about her dress? Their 2 week honeymoon (which of course was funded by TLC) he was smitten with Robyn, his younger, thinner, hotter, wife. He's in love, really in love for the first time. I remember one scene on a beach in San Diego where Kody picked Robyn up by the waist and carried her off over his shoulder. I'm pretty sure he hasn't done that with the older 3. 

Instead of no privacy, they had lots of quality time together without the other 3 around. He had to drive quite a distance to court Robyn. She's always had her own place.  

Now he's in his 50s. We all slow down as we get older. I can totally see him just OVER the rotation and preferring to just stay with Robyn and his youngest kids most of the time. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Good points, but from Kody's POV, he probably hasn't ever blamed himself for anything.  

He might have enjoyed the battle early on, when he was young, but it probably got tiresome and old after awhile.  

Meri is bossy and a fishwife. That's not attractive. She became even bossier and bitchy as time went on, even after the addition of Christine, who allied herself with the ultra-passive, weepy, out of shape Janelle. Christine wasn't in all that great a shape either. I think she's trying to stay relevant in Kody's eyes and so has made an effort to lose weight to compete with Robyn. Remember back on that episode "The Wives Diet Woes" all the original 3 wives weighed in at over 200 lbs each? 

But I don't think it's just the looks thing. For 6 years, Kody and the original 3 and 12 kids (16 people!!) were squished like sardines in the Lehi house. Yeah they had separate apartments, but it didn't seem to be such a big house for that many people. No one really had any privacy. 

Despite his "love should be multiplied, not divided" I don't think Kody really loves or has ever loved Janelle and Christine. Maybe he loved Meri, but I've always had the impression that he married Janelle because she was always there and chasing him in a way... Christine because she was "royalty" and to balance things out between Meri and Janelle.  

Robyn is really the only true love/chemistry match for Kody.  Remember the huge fuss he made about her dress? Their 2 week honeymoon (which of course was funded by TLC) he was smitten with Robyn, his younger, thinner, hotter, wife. He's in love, really in love for the first time. I remember one scene on a beach in San Diego where Kody picked Robyn up by the waist and carried her off over his shoulder. I'm pretty sure he hasn't done that with the older 3. 

Instead of no privacy, they had lots of quality time together without the other 3 around. He had to drive quite a distance to court Robyn. She's always had her own place.  

Now he's in his 50s. We all slow down as we get older. I can totally see him just OVER the rotation and preferring to just stay with Robyn and his youngest kids most of the time. 

Agree with this. Whether they show it or not, deep down Kody’s preference for Robyn must really burn the other wives. Everyone wants to be loved, to be wanted, even in a situation like this. 

But—does it come to a point where everyone’s over it and just wants to move forward? Maybe Janelle would be better off. She was before when she left this sham of a family before being lured back. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Oh, absoultely he did, 100%.  I clearly remember in the book, Janelle recalled how in the early days, the three of them would sit on the couch watching tv, and Kody and Meri would hold hands under a blanket.  Janelle knew this was happening while she sat at the other end of the couch like a third wheel.  At one point she actually did leave him, and I believe she got pregnant with Savannah while she was living apart from him, which tells us that he still enjoyed conjugal visits with his fertiile baby momma while she was actively tring to leave him.  I don't know if that resulting pregnancy was what wore her down enough to come back, but while this family as a whole is dysfunctional, Kody, Meri and Janelle are at the center of this bizarre web.

And it proves that Kody's desire was to be pursued by several women to feed his ego, not to become the holy patriarch of a family based on religion.  He and Stealth Queen Robyn totally deserve each other for eternity.

• Love 8

I really believe that if it were not for the show money, Kody would be openly living a monogamous lifestyle with Robyn at this point. They don't appear to be religious now - they've left their AUB community and are more secular now.   I think the bloom wore off the polygamist rose ten years ago for Kody when he met Robyn. I don't care much for her either, but Kody fell in love. He just tolerates Christine and Janelle. Remember Mother's Day a few months ago? He didn't go to visit his babymamas - Janelle was on her own eating cupcakes at a Farmers Market, and Christine had to go to Kody and Robyn's house while Meri was nowhere to be found.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:47 AM, laurakaye said:

One big thing to keep in mind is that there aren't a lot of women who are willing to marry a polygamist. Kody had a very small pool of willing prospects to begin with. He was limited to AUB women. Wikipedia says that there are approximately 10,000 members overall in the AUB. Let's say 5000 women. Of those 5000 then you winnow it down to the marriageable age ones - I don't see Kody as being willing to marry an older woman so he'd have been limited to 18-28 year olds. And I don't think he was really able to afford to support additional wives - part of the deal is that the elders of the AUB had to approve additional wives and the ability to support was factored in.  Janelle had a job. 

Before he married Meri, he promised her dad that he'd be taking additional wives and so that was his goal to begin with.  I remember reading that before Janelle, he was courting an 18 year old but she opted out, Janelle was second choice. I don't think he even thought about how they'd get along -he seems to be pretty thoughtless - I mean planning their wedding on Meri's birthday! Please.

ETA - I also thought of factors such as the women who are holding out to be the first wife, or preferring a man with more resources and status. Good looks only go so far.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 9
On 10/21/2019 at 9:55 AM, laurakaye said:

"The cravings for sugar and rich, yummy, gooey, cheesy restaurant food became almost deafening." - Janelle Brown, Strive "Health Coach" (lolololz)

Holy crap.  You guys.  Does she KNOW that you do NOT HAVE to order the richest, gooiest, cheesiest thing on a restaurant menu?  Or does she only eat at restaurants that serve up a smorgasbord of gooey slimy fat rich sugary crud?  She acts like if she steps foot into an eating establishment, she's going to get attacked from all sides by globs of lard or something.  She CANNOT be this stupid.  Even someone with a rudimentary grasp of how food works knows that there are GOOD choices and BAD choices.  It's not rocket science!

She is almost beyond snark territory here.  I just.......???!?

It's almost 2pm and I was just thinking about have some lunch....perhaps tomato soup....then I read this sentence and I'm a bit sick to my stomach at the thought. Date night with husband tonight though (yay!!) so we'll likely be headed to a (gasp!) restaurant, where I will be ordering a normal person meal. Perhaps grilled chicken and salad, maybe tortilla soup....see how that works, Janelle? YOU get to CHOOSE from the menu, which usually has either healthy options or less-horrible options. Good grief. 🙄 

Edited by LoneWolf
My overwhelming nausea distracted me from properly editing my post
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 10/23/2019 at 8:39 AM, xwordfanatik said:

I found it funny that Christine tagged Strive in that PB Frito mess she posted.  

Yes.  She needs to get her shit together enough to help Maddie now.  Lazy slug isn't going to cut it.

Well apparently it is fulla mucus and is sluggish

• LOL 8