Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

20 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Hey! Big news from Janelle...

They make dressings for salads now! Wow. 

I guess she thought that the giant bottles of ranch dressing were for dipping chicken wings and mozzarella sticks in. 

Well......Yeah?

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Janelle would love the vegetables at a local drive-in.  Deep fried asparagus and zucchini.  Why would anyone want to eat battered, greasy crap like that?  I put a dash of salt on my steamed veggies, and that's it!  They're delicious as is.  

She needs to get herself a health coach, and should quit posing like one.  

Why? 'Cause it tastes good! Zucchini is disgusting any other way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle did make a post at some point where she talked about not liking or not eating many vegetables as a child, so more than likely her upbringing was veggies from a can or covered in a whole lot of something else. 

This, plus I think the fact that she and all of these Browns grew up in what is basically an offshoot of Midwestern "meat, cheese, starch" casserole culture has something to do with it.  Not coming from a tradition of "old world" ethnic cooking, which is often vegetable heavy didn't help.  She didn't learn how to cook vegetables to make them tasty and didn't grow up eating enough of them to develop a taste for them.  Plus she didn't have any good food influences early enough in life.  Mr. Yeah No came from a similar food culture - a very WASP/Irish culture where food was overcooked and bland.  Vegetables came from a can and were also overcooked and undressed.  He met me when he was 19 and was blown away by my Italian American mother's cooking.  He had no idea vegetables could taste so good.

I don't think Janelle's experiences with food were that much different from the rest of the Browns and I think her metabolism would have benefited from a vegetable heavy diet more than the others who were probably lucky enough to be able to eat the slop they served without growing as huge.  But IMO none of the wives except for perhaps Robyn is that thin.  I was thinner than any of them at their ages, and probably more physically fit and active.

5 hours ago, B in Lee said:

Zucchini can be cut into rounds and pan seared without all the oil of deep frying and come out caramelized and fantastic if you know what you're doing.  Traditional "American" zucchini tastes disgusting, I agree, but my Italian American family knew how to cook it.  Same with eggplant.  They should  be salted to get out the moisture before cooking or they can become mushy and yucky.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Janelle will never win her battle with food because it’s not her vegetable consumption that is the root of the problem.  Janelle is both physically AND emotionally constipated.  I don’t know what happened to her in her child/young adulthood, but at the very least, she lived with an abusive Meri and a self-absorbed Kody.  I will believe every day all day Meri was nasty to Janelle since a lot of you have said was she apparently shitty to customers, who are paying for the privilege of interacting with her.  Kody, while I don’t think he hates Janelle simply because she barely appears on his radar and she brought home a steady paycheck.  

I don’t know what your childhood is like that Meri and Kody seemed like a winning combination that you should latch onto, but that’s what she chose.  Enter her 80 children, which Logan and Christine basically raised because somebody had to go to work.

Honestly, Janelle should just pack her shit, literally and figuratively, buy an RV and just go camping the rest of her life.  Hell, part of me hopes she really is the the bookkeeper of all the family finances, I’d laugh my ass off if she took the money (if it actually exist) and ran.  *leave Christine a cut* The look on Meri’s, Kody’s and Robyn’s faces, when they found out the meek Queen of Canned Cabbage fleeced them all would be priceless.  Janelle eventually summoning the energy to be like FUCK YOU  BITCHES, I’M OUT!!  

65D0B300-DBA7-47E7-8F52-92119C41FBD4.gif.370c8763c4e9a1dddb2fc0591b82a758.gif

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

8fb77f5299fa18853245aa26d9d6cfa3.gif

would be epic and legendary.

*since all this requires energy and possible crimes, it’s highly unlikely to occur, but I have to amuse myself someway.

Edited by Irate Panda
  • LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Janelle will never win her battle with food because it’s not her vegetable consumption that is the root of the problem.  Janelle is both physically AND emotionally constipated.  I don’t know what happened to her in her child/young adulthood, but at the very least, she lived with an abusive Meri and a self-absorbed Kody.  I will believe every day all day Meri was nasty to Janelle since a lot of you have said was she apparently shitty to customers, who are paying for the privilege of interacting with her.  Kody, while I don’t think he hates Janelle simply because she barely appears on his radar and she brought home a steady paycheck.  

I don’t know what your childhood is like that Meri and Kody seemed like a winning combination that you should latch onto, but that’s what she chose.  Enter her 80 children, which Logan and Christine basically raised because somebody had to go to work.

Honestly, Janelle should just pack her shit, literally and figuratively, buy an RV and just go camping the rest of her life.  Hell, part of me hopes she really is the the bookkeeper of all the family finances, I’d laugh my ass off if she took the money (if it actually exist) and ran.  *leave Christine a cut* The look on Meri’s, Kody’s and Robyn’s faces, when they found out the meek Queen of Canned Cabbage fleeced them all would be priceless.  Janelle eventually summoning the energy to be like FUCK YOU  BITCHES, I’M OUT!!  

65D0B300-DBA7-47E7-8F52-92119C41FBD4.gif.370c8763c4e9a1dddb2fc0591b82a758.gif

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

8fb77f5299fa18853245aa26d9d6cfa3.gif

would be epic and legendary.

*since all this requires energy and possible crimes, it’s highly unlikely to occur, but I have to amuse myself someway.

It would be epic if doormat Janelle up and left. 

What an awful existence, being dismissed by the man in her life who favors one wife and just sitting there, miserable. She doesn’t seem to DO anything like Meri does (googling food trends doesn’t count). At least Meri was finally like, “Ok, I know when I’m not wanted Imma do my own thing”—ya know?  Meri has planned some financial independence for herself (or is trying at least). 

If Kody prefers Robyn so much, they should ALL up and out. He doesn’t appreciate them anyways. And Robyn is screwed when the next interested, younger version appears on his radar. 

I doubt our doormat will do anything except keep getting walked on. But one can dream of this headline: “Janelle Brown, family doormat, shocks the family by moving into an RV to tour the U.S.” or some such story. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

Janelle claims to be some kind of wandering nomad, content to squat in a teepee on property belonging to Kody's dad or whatever her narrative was.  You'd think as someone who proclaims to enjoy living off the land, she'd be slightly more familiar with food that grows in the ground.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What an awful existence, being dismissed by the man in her life who favors one wife and just sitting there, miserable. She doesn’t seem to DO anything like Meri does (googling food trends doesn’t count). At least Meri was finally like, “Ok, I know when I’m not wanted Imma do my own thing”—ya know?  Meri has planned some financial independence for herself (or is trying at least). 

Except that Janelle left Meri's brother for Meri's husband.  That in and of itself is why I'm not so sure about Janelle - I do think she's very sloth-like and lazy, but I also think she has a well-disguised mean streak.  If she were raised in the faith it would be one thing, but she wasn't.  If she wanted to leave her husband, why on earth would she then marry the brother of someone she already knew very well?  Man, I wish Dr. Phil or someone would get to the bottom of that particular chapter.

• LOL 2
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Except that Janelle left Meri's brother for Meri's husband.  That in and of itself is why I'm not so sure about Janelle - I do think she's very sloth-like and lazy, but I also think she has a well-disguised mean streak.  If she were raised in the faith it would be one thing, but she wasn't.  If she wanted to leave her husband, why on earth would she then marry the brother of someone she already knew very well?  Man, I wish Dr. Phil or someone would get to the bottom of that particular chapter.

Yeah, that’s shady.  I’d like to know is how this sloth accomplished such a feat and more importantly, why. 

I haven’t read her book, maybe I should to gain more insight. How did she do it? Did she use up all her available energy in that quest (because, look at her now)? Did she have it in for Meri? How was that sad lump somehow an attractive option for Kody? 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Didn't Janelle claim that the instant she laid eyes on Kody lightening bolts struck and she was overcome with desire to belong to this magnificent man🤢

That was probably the last honest emotion Janelle has felt, it certainly wasn't reciprocated.  It seems to me that Meri grudgingly went along with Janelle's entry to the family as they had agreed there would be polygamy in their plan and Janelle didn't appear to be a threat in the physical or personality departments.  But big bonus, Janelle had a JOB, which would ensure that Janelle remained at home generating income while Meri was free to travel at whim with Kody.  I wonder what went through Janelle's head when she spent those lonely times when M & K traveled or even when they were home, ignoring her and cuddling and whispering sweet nothings to each other.  

Years of counselling with therapist Nancy has done nothing to resolve the animosity between Janelle and Meri and Janelle seems to have resigned herself to the theory that she has made her bed, now she must lie in it.  Alone.

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

But big bonus, Janelle had a JOB, which would ensure that Janelle remained at home generating income while Meri was free to travel at whim with Kody.  I wonder what went through Janelle's head when she spent those lonely times when M & K traveled or even when they were home, ignoring her and cuddling and whispering sweet nothings to each other.  

Years of counselling with therapist Nancy has done nothing to resolve the animosity between Janelle and Meri and Janelle seems to have resigned herself to the theory that she has made her bed, now she must lie in it.  Alone.

And this is what she left Meri's brother for - a life relegated to the fifth wheel sitting alone at the end of the couch while Meri and Kody held hands under a blanket and took off on romantic trips together while Janelle stayed behind and worked.

This is why this part of the Brown family history fascinates me.  Wasn't part of the story that Janelle met Kody's dad first, and Wyn tried to get Janelle interested in one of Kody's brothers?  But then in the meantime, she somehow ends up with Meri's brother.  Was that just a scheme on Janelle's part to get closer to Kody, who she wanted all along?  And what about Kody - was he in some sort of a testosterone-fueled gorilla match with Adam (Janelle's husband)?  What were the dynamics in that group?  Did Janelle and Kody openly flirt in front of Adam and Meri?  Janelle surely knew that Kody was all about polygamy - did she throw herself in his path even while she was already married?  And isn't there some stigma attached to a polygamist man who takes another man's wife as his own?

See what I mean??  I need ANSWERS.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8

Ah yes, the tipi story. 

I read somewhere - might have been in the book - that she only spent one night in the tipi, which IMO was purely an attempt to get on Kody's radar.

And she did leave for awhile - she got her own house and moved away but Kody continued to see her. I think Savannah was born during that time.  

Kody roped Janelle back in by getting her to buy the Lehi house which was purchased in her name only. I think she had received an inheritance and of course she had a job. I also think that she wanted to score points with Kody in the passive-aggressive competition between her and Meri. We have this house because of ME!

Of course now she's just a slug reliant on the show which is why she will never leave.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

And this is what she left Meri's brother for - a life relegated to the fifth wheel sitting alone at the end of the couch while Meri and Kody held hands under a blanket and took off on romantic trips together while Janelle stayed behind and worked.

This is why this part of the Brown family history fascinates me.  Wasn't part of the story that Janelle met Kody's dad first, and Wyn tried to get Janelle interested in one of Kody's brothers?  But then in the meantime, she somehow ends up with Meri's brother.  Was that just a scheme on Janelle's part to get closer to Kody, who she wanted all along?  And what about Kody - was he in some sort of a testosterone-fueled gorilla match with Adam (Janelle's husband)?  What were the dynamics in that group?  Did Janelle and Kody openly flirt in front of Adam and Meri?  Janelle surely knew that Kody was all about polygamy - did she throw herself in his path even while she was already married?  And isn't there some stigma attached to a polygamist man who takes another man's wife as his own?

See what I mean??  I need ANSWERS.

I don't think there's any ban on polygamist men taking wives that were previously married. I think at least one of the Darger wives was married previously. 

According to this article, which cites court documents, Janelle was the one who filed for divorce in 1990 and her husband didn't contest it. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-inside-janelles-marriage-to-meris-brother-adam.html/

Meri and Kody were married in April 1990. 

Janelle met him before the marriage and states she was attracted to him right from the start. I'm convinced that her attraction to Kody (chemistry) was the reason she left her then-husband, but I bet that Adam had no idea of this. He seems pretty laid back, which personally I would think would be a better match for Janelle but I guess she was attracted to the flash and sex appeal. 

From reading the book, Janelle's relationship with Kody is your typical dysfunctional relationship based purely on initial chemistry with nothing else in common, really. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I wonder how much of Meri's "abuse" of Janelle was jealousy and how much was a woman dumping her brother to marry her husband!

Part of it may have been the fact that Janelle dumped her brother to marry her husband but I think at the root of Meri's issues with Janelle was misdirected rage at Kody himself.  Despite the fact that they had agreed to a polygamist lifestyle before marriage, I think that Meri's ego was such that she secretly hoped that he would toss aside the agreement, convinced that Meri was enough for any one man.  Religious convictions be damned, she wanted him all to herself.  To top it off, Janelle complacently churned out child after child after child, emphasizing Meri's inability to do so.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Oh I totally think that she was pushed into it. Janelle doesn't do anything on her own initiative, not much anyway.  The whole fitness thing was purely for plotlines. It all started with the episode right before Robyn birthed Sol, where they all traipsed into a Planet Fitness to be weighed in their battleship grey tracksuits. Of course Janelle weighed the most but all three of the original wives weighed well over 200 lbs at the time. Robyn was almost ready to birth King Sol and I think she weighed like 150 at that time. 

It was Kody's idea to start a gym "Fundamentalist Fitness" he wanted to call it. Of course that job was given to Janelle as the one who needed to lose the most weight. 

To tell you the truth I thought that she was making real progress with Sean. But the thing is, you can't out-exercise bad eating habits.  I've seen this happen so many times. She lost like 25-30 pounds just because she was increasing her physical activity. Then she hit a plateau. Sean tried to get her to tighten up her diet - even had her talk to a fitness nutrition coach - to no avail.  Anyone who has successfully lost weight can vouch for this: diet is 80%+ of weight loss.  

Then a few years ago, she started Strive and managed to get three trainers to join in to lend her credibility. I think it was @toodles who went to the "big launch" which was less than spectacular. 

Those trainers ended up wasting a year or more of their time. I'm sure they weren't compensated and probably Kody promised them that they'd be featured on the show just like Sean was. Of course that didn't happen.  The only mention of Strive I remember hearing about was Kody wearing a Strive apron or something. Maybe if Janelle had actually lost noticable weight TLC might have worked it in between the catfish saga and Mariah's coming out. 
Also, Janelle has an utter lack of motivation or follow through. At one point she did these FB live videos with some of the Strive trainers and I swear to God, the way she was doing lunges was like a geriatric person or maybe someone on 'my 600 pound life. All the flexibility and stamina she'd developed with Sean was long gone. She did have Savasana down pat. I'll give her that much. 

After the trainers left en masse it appears she got together with one of those companies that does your social media for you and revamped the Strive website with pointless blogs and some awful videos which are still on YouTube. 

True!  Good friend of mine loathes exercise so she doesn't do it.  But she lost weight just by changing her eating.  

If Janelle ever says "ow ma leg!' collective laughter will be heard 'round the country!

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, B in Lee said:

My mom used to make it sauteed in butter with onions and cheddar cheese.  Tasted like pizza.  

Janelle's comment that she needed to use up the veggies from her CSA box says to ME that she gets the box, it hovers on the porch for a day or so, then it makes it to the counter, they eat Wendy's etc, then about a day before the new one comes she tries to make some weird shit out of it and most of it gets tossed.  Call me Ms. Cleo.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Part of it may have been the fact that Janelle dumped her brother to marry her husband but I think at the root of Meri's issues with Janelle was misdirected rage at Kody himself.  Despite the fact that they had agreed to a polygamist lifestyle before marriage, I think that Meri's ego was such that she secretly hoped that he would toss aside the agreement, convinced that Meri was enough for any one man.  Religious convictions be damned, she wanted him all to herself.  To top it off, Janelle complacently churned out child after child after child, emphasizing Meri's inability to do so.

Sandy, you've nailed it.  You would be a much, MUCH better psychologist than that useless Nancy, who only tells these fools what they want to hear.  Dr. Sandy has a nice ring to it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sandy, you've nailed it.  You would be a much, MUCH better psychologist than that useless Nancy, who only tells these fools what they want to hear.  Dr. Sandy has a nice ring to it.

We should all take credit for any insights displayed regarding the Brown family.  It's the collective wisdom of all of the posters on this site who see the family for what they really are not reticent about expressing our views.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I wonder how much of Meri's "abuse" of Janelle was jealousy and how much was a woman dumping her brother to marry her husband!

Hmmm....now this is an interesting thread to follow in this family's tangled web.  Meri may have wanted to support her brother in his divorce but couldn't, since Kody chose to bring on her brother's ex-wife as his new wife - so Meri acted out towards Janelle as her way of standing by her brother.  And since Kody allowed it to happen, Meri reigned unchecked for years.  And now I'm thinking that Kody was probably pretty cool with his two wives not getting along, because it stroked his massive ego.

I love playing armchair psychiatrist with these people, there's just so much material to unpack.

50 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

+++++++++100.  I also think this is true - rage at Kody for Meri not being enough for him, and also Kody choosing her brother's ex as his new wife.  I mean, these people were family prior to Kody and Janelle locking eyes over the potato salad at the church picnic or whatever.  Kody made Meri choose him over her own brother.  That's twisted. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I don't think there's any ban on polygamist men taking wives that were previously married. I think at least one of the Darger wives was married previously. 

According to this article, which cites court documents, Janelle was the one who filed for divorce in 1990 and her husband didn't contest it. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/sister-wives-inside-janelles-marriage-to-meris-brother-adam.html/

Meri and Kody were married in April 1990. 

Janelle met him before the marriage and states she was attracted to him right from the start. I'm convinced that her attraction to Kody (chemistry) was the reason she left her then-husband, but I bet that Adam had no idea of this. He seems pretty laid back, which personally I would think would be a better match for Janelle but I guess she was attracted to the flash and sex appeal. 

From reading the book, Janelle's relationship with Kody is your typical dysfunctional relationship based purely on initial chemistry with nothing else in common, really. 

Ahh. I always wondered what the exact dates/timeline was for the marriage/meeting/divorce etc with Janelle.  The book is quite vague about it all, and in my opinion glossed over to normalize it.

49 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I don't understand one bit why Meri and Janelle didn't go off on Kody.  He preaches on camera how he is the Big Pooba Leader of the Family and yet he dropped every ball in the beginning.  He was pretty much completely at fault because he plopped Janelle into the home where Meri was more than comfortable and then went back to work.  There ya go gals....we be family now. For whatever reason the women in these relationships seem to bend over backward to blame themselves and protect the men. 

Janelle mentions in the book meeting Adam "toward the end of high school" and that he had to convert to LDS for them to court, then a temple marriage. She sites his lack of spiritual conviction as well as zero emotional or romantic compatibility. It's kinda funny because Kody has said on several occasions that he would prefer Janelle to be more romantic with him and they are more "like good buddies". 

She also says that they lived together only 6 months, so I'm assuming that the divorce then took 18 months to finalize. She liked his family tho and continued to be included with their gatherings. Who really knows the exact timeline, but she makes it seem like that first meeting of Kody, when she "suddenly remembered something she forgot" happened during the divorce process of her marriage. But again, so much in the book seems to gloss over exact details.

When the book shifts to Kody's perspective he makes it sound like he and Meri kept Janelle within their circle of friends because they felt sorry about her and her poor marriage. Yet it is pretty clear that Janelle had the instant hots for Kody, he was very satisfied with Meri and lots of talk of adding more wives. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/27/2019 at 10:13 AM, TurtlePower said:

Agreed, she’s incompetent. 

I realize this is America and anyone can start a business, but what she’s doing feels deceptive. She has demonstrated doesn’t know anything about nutrition. 

How’d she even pass that course for her cert? Why no continuing education? She could have a masters in nutrition by now if she’d taken this seriously. She could have fixed herself right up, been a success and gained a true following and professional respect. She’s had YEARS to do this. 

Instead, same old Janelle and in fact, she seems resigned to a life of being fat. How inspirational and empowering, Janelle. “Fake it til you make it” doesn’t work in the wellness industry. 

I am actually surprised with Meri, Christine, and Mykelti all on the MLM  bandwagon that Janelle has not taken up the Optavia cause and started hawking it.   She could probably pick up a lot of down line peeps just from her Strive followers.   And it has lots of pre-packaged meals and snacks so she wouldn't have to go thru the agony of her own meal preps.  I think there is even something to aid digestion.   

• Useful 2
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I am actually surprised with Meri, Christine, and Mykelti all on the MLM  bandwagon that Janelle has not taken up the Optavia cause and started hawking it.   She could probably pick up a lot of down line peeps just from her Strive followers.   And it has lots of pre-packaged meals and snacks so she wouldn't have to go thru the agony of her own meal preps.  I think there is even something to aid digestion.   

Too much work for The Slug. 
Also in order to be "successful" at MLM you need to be an outgoing, extroverted person.  Janelle is not either of these. 
I have to call out Toodles who experienced a Janelle Brown Open House when she was still the agent of record on the first two Vegas homes.  As well as Cynical Jinx who encountered Janelle at the Strive booth during a women's expo in Phoenix. 

Both experiences were the same, Janelle just sat in her chair, not engaging or answering questions.  Just a lump. 
She's so checked out. It's like she shot her wad getting that prize of Kody marrying her so she could spend the rest of her life in a dysfunctional relationship. 

If you read the book she had her own bedroom in the first house (or whatever it was) she lived in with the happy couple. And that's where she spent most of her time, apparently. It reminds me of The Handmaid's Tale (the book) or The Last Emperor (the movie) where the concubines spent most of their time just sitting in their quarters, waiting to be summoned. 

I don't think Kody got off on the stress between those two. I think he just blocked it out thinking they needed to work it out between the two of them and it had nothing to do with him. Because, of course, he's a narcissist.

• Love 9

Janelle going after Kody and making sure she was in his line of sight is just so at odds with the Janelle that we've come to know through this show.  Since the very beginning, she was checked out of raising her kids, telling us that she preferred to go to work, leaving the child-rearing to Christine (and Logan).  As a stand-alone fact, that's nothing to judge her on - lots of women thrive in the workplace when they have kids - but as we've seen season after season after season, Janelle can hardly be bothered to show an iota of emotion about anything at all.  During interviews, she basically impersonates a couch cushion and blends into the scenery.  I can't reconcile the Janelle we know from the show with her story of how she gazed at Kody's punchable face and "remembered something that she'd forgotten" (cue the sweeping piano music and barf emoji).

Sorry, but I just love this conversation here, I find it so interesting.  Don't worry, I'll drop it as soon as "Strive With Janelle" posts that water, when frozen, turns into ice.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
Just now, laurakaye said:

Janelle going after Kody and making sure she was in his line of sight is just so at odds with the Janelle that we've come to know through this show.  Since the very beginning, she was checked out of raising her kids, telling us that she preferred to go to work, leaving the child-rearing to Christine (and Logan).  As a stand-alone fact, that's nothing to judge her on - lots of women thrive in the workplace when they have kids - but as we've seen season after season after season, Janelle can hardly be bothered to show an iota of emotion about anything at all.  During interviews, she basically impersonates a couch cushion and blends into the scenery.  I can't reconcile the Janelle we know from the show with her story of how she gazed at Kody's punchable face and "remembered something that she'd forgotten" (cue the sweeping piano music).

Sorry, but I just love this conversation here, I find it so interesting.  Don't worry, I'll drop it as soon as "Strive With Janelle" posts that water, when frozen, turns into ice.

As I know from personal experience, having the hots for a guy and wanting to jump his bones can make a person move mountains. 

I can imagine. Janelle married, but not feeling a big spark for the new hubby and she meets Kody, finds out that he's engaged to Meri, but they're going to be adding more wives in future...I can imagine her whole thought process. 

Shes already seen her mom glom onto Kody's dad and convert to AUB so she can jump HIS bones. 

Janelle starts feeling dissatisfied with her husband because she wants Kody with the desire of 1,000 Suns. 

And without thinking things through like "how is Meri going to react to this?" she plots and plans with a fervor not seen before or since. 

While the book isn't clear about a lot of things, one thing that IS clear (at least to me) is that Kody was seeing Janelle for "friendly lunches" without Meri's knowledge. So much for that oft-cited chestnut about the wives being the deciding factor when adding additional wives. 

Basically Janelle ran an end game and got Kody involved before Meri was aware of what happened.  I think Meri just felt she had to go along with it, to make Kody happy. 

So Janelle's in her bedroom getting laid every other night (supposedly) in close proximity to Meri and I would bet money that there was plenty of purposely noisy sex going on in the best When Harry Met Sally style just to dig at the other one listening from the other bedroom. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

While the book isn't clear about a lot of things, one thing that IS clear (at least to me) is that Kody was seeing Janelle for "friendly lunches" without Meri's knowledge. So much for that oft-cited chestnut about the wives being the deciding factor when adding additional wives. 

Basically Janelle ran an end game and got Kody involved before Meri was aware of what happened. 

This.

I remember being surprised by so much conflicting information on various subjects while their attitude was like "And ... ?"

Brass balls, all around.

Edited by suomi
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Also in order to be "successful" at MLM you need to be an outgoing, extroverted person.  Janelle is not either of these. 
I have to call out Toodles who experienced a Janelle Brown Open House when she was still the agent of record on the first two Vegas homes.  As well as Cynical Jinx who encountered Janelle at the Strive booth during a women's expo in Phoenix. 

Both experiences were the same, Janelle just sat in her chair, not engaging or answering questions.  Just a lump. 
She's so checked out. It's like she shot her wad getting that prize of Kody marrying her so she could spend the rest of her life in a dysfunctional relationship. 

If you read the book she had her own bedroom in the first house (or whatever it was) she lived in with the happy couple. And that's where she spent most of her time, apparently. It reminds me of The Handmaid's Tale (the book) or The Last Emperor (the movie) where the concubines spent most of their time just sitting in their quarters, waiting to be summoned. 

I don't think Kody got off on the stress between those two. I think he just blocked it out thinking they needed to work it out between the two of them and it had nothing to do with him. Because, of course, he's a narcissist.

Re Kody, once a tool always a tool.  He isn't much of a spiritual/family leader is he?  Survival of the fittest in that family.  

• Love 9

If Janelle would only read this forum.  She'd no doubt discount our opinions as being anti-polygamy, and be pissed at that, but I wonder...would she also glean an iota of insight into what most probably happened with her marrying Kootie, and why things have transpired the way they have?  And maybe, just maybe, why she's the way she's been, seemingly checked out of her (obviously unhappy) life?  Armchair psychology, like laurakaye says, is enjoyable for this COL too.  Kootie is a whole toolbox IMO, Natalie.  I'd have at least shaved him bald in his sleep by now.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Sadly I am the same.  I am not an outgoing person.  I can talk one on one with someone, but in a group it is harder.

We all have our limitations Pickle, and wisely you know yours.  For that reason, I am sure that you would never seek employment in a field that required animated engagement with the public.  Janelle was under the impression that real estate sales was an easy ride, that she would just have to sit there and take an order to buy a house and collect a fat commission check.  Same attitude when she was at the expensive booth to promote Strive, she probably cringed when she saw someone approach the booth seeking information.  Lucky for her, Logan and Michelle were there to pick up her slack.

• Love 8

Well, you can send all your zucchini to me.  I love it raw, spiralized with marinara sauce, grilled, stuffed---I've liked it any way it's ever been served to me.  I made some great stuffed zucchini this week.  Janelle just needs to be exposed to it in its many forms.  My mother does not vegetables, so I grew up eating canned or frozen and then only green beans, corn, peas, and the occasional package of broccoli.  I was an adult before I ever had fresh broccoli spears.  But I love all fresh vegetables now, and zucchini is at the top of my list.  There are just so many ways to prepare it.  It is never boring.  (Does this sound too much like Janelle's "rock star" posts?  Sorry, that is not my intention.)

• Love 10
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'd have at least shaved him bald in his sleep by now.

I' think I would do like Willie Nelson's first wife: sew him inside his bed sheet after he passed out and then tune him up with a broomstick.

• LOL 9
45 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Well, you can send all your zucchini to me.  I love it raw, spiralized with marinara sauce, grilled, stuffed---I've liked it any way it's ever been served to me.  I made some great stuffed zucchini this week.  Janelle just needs to be exposed to it in its many forms.  My mother does not vegetables, so I grew up eating canned or frozen and then only green beans, corn, peas, and the occasional package of broccoli.  I was an adult before I ever had fresh broccoli spears.  But I love all fresh vegetables now, and zucchini is at the top of my list.  There are just so many ways to prepare it.  It is never boring.  (Does this sound too much like Janelle's "rock star" posts?  Sorry, that is not my intention.)

I can't eat it plain, but it's great when it's jazzed up! 
You forgot zucchini bread. 👍

ETA got caught in a rabbit hole and now I want to make a Ratatouille like the one in the movie. Isn't this pretty! 

https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/561/ratatouille

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Huh.  I guess I'll start looking for a gluten-free zucchini bread recipe.  There must be one around somewhere.  Thanks for the idea. Raw zucchini slices dipped in a sauce or ranch dressing are pretty good.

• Love 6

I don't think that Janelle has the opportunity to shave his head while he's sleeping. I think she has one kid left at home - didn't Gabe start college already? The whole reason they made such a big freaking deal about the cul de sac was so Kody could easily go from one house to the other. I'm not sure how far apart the current homes are. But I think that was the unmentioned reason that they all of a sudden HAD to move to Flagstaff - the cul de sac could no longer be tolerated. Robyn and Kody want to live a monogamous life when they aren't filming.  Anyway I doubt they've been doing the "rotation" for quite some time. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 6
15 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The thing about zucchini is that it's pretty much tasteless.  It take on the flavors of other ingredients when mixed together. I have a fabulous zucchini casserole recipe that uses tomatoes, onions and some other things and it's really tasty!

• Love 6
37 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

I use it instead of pasta when I make spaghetti.  It's kind of bland to my taste, and that's why I find it a bit puzzling when I hear that some think it's awful-tasting.   Since i went to  WW (used to be known as Weight Watchers) I've tried many new vegetables that I didn't grow up eating.  Janelle just seems to be unable to change her habits in any substantial way.  Change is difficult (for me, anyway), but sometimes it helps.

• Love 9

Stir-fry sliced zucchini and summer squash in a little butter, season with sea salt...yum!

It's autumn, so I wonder if the next Strive will discuss pumpkins or squash - she might discover that they are not just useful for decorating one's front porch.  Rockstar game-changer!

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well, I knew she wasn't peppy, but I  thought with her FB and instagram followers she would have access to many customers and it would be easy for her to unload the product.  I guess not.

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, I knew she wasn't peppy, but I  thought with her FB and instagram followers she would have access to many customers and it would be easy for her to unload the product.  I guess not.

Any thinking person would want evidence that the product or plan actually works before investing their hard earned money with an online program.  For the Janelle followers, there is no proof or guarantee that there will be any results.

Janelle is banking on those that need a "brush with greatness" in their lives.🤣.  There are some on FB that are giddy with glee because Meri acknowledged them with a "Hi" during one of her live presentations.  Sad, really.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Stir-fry sliced zucchini and summer squash in a little butter, season with sea salt...yum!

It's autumn, so I wonder if the next Strive will discuss pumpkins or squash - she might discover that they are not just useful for decorating one's front porch.  Rockstar game-changer!

And fall squash is not great for weight loss.  Reduce those high carb foods.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

As I know from personal experience, having the hots for a guy and wanting to jump his bones can make a person move mountains. 

I can imagine. Janelle married, but not feeling a big spark for the new hubby and she meets Kody, finds out that he's engaged to Meri, but they're going to be adding more wives in future...I can imagine her whole thought process. 

Shes already seen her mom glom onto Kody's dad and convert to AUB so she can jump HIS bones. 

Janelle starts feeling dissatisfied with her husband because she wants Kody with the desire of 1,000 Suns. 

And without thinking things through like "how is Meri going to react to this?" she plots and plans with a fervor not seen before or since. 

Basically Janelle ran an end game and got Kody involved before Meri was aware of what happened.  I think Meri just felt she had to go along with it, to make Kody happy. 

So Janelle's in her bedroom getting laid every other night (supposedly) in close proximity to Meri and I would bet money that there was plenty of purposely noisy sex going on in the best When Harry Met Sally style just to dig at the other one listening from the other bedroom. 

Ok, I just can’t see Janelle as sexual or alluring. Obviously they have kids so, they were. It’s just her personality and her overall vibe doesn’t scream self-confident, sultry vixen—it’s more like boring lump. 

I’ve seen pictures of her when she was younger and aside from a pretty smile, I see a white-bread, boring kinda package. What did she have up her sleeve to ensnare Kody? I just don’t get it. 

• Love 10
15 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I am new to the bolded and I LOVE it!  Also butternut squash spiralized.  Frankly I like it better than pasta.

14 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

ETA got caught in a rabbit hole and now I want to make a Ratatouille like the one in the movie. Isn't this pretty! 

https://www.chefdehome.com/recipes/561/ratatouille

That is beautiful!  And wow, I want it NOW!

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok, I just can’t see Janelle as sexual or alluring. Obviously they have kids so, they were. It’s just her personality and her overall vibe doesn’t scream self-confident, sultry vixen—it’s more like boring lump. 

I’ve seen pictures of her when she was younger and aside from a pretty smile, I see a white-bread, boring kinda package. What did she have up her sleeve to ensnare Kody? I just don’t get it. 

Chemistry on her end (I'm going to be crude here and say the power of the pussy which is what Janelle called "feeling like I forgot something" in the book. Bottom line, she was aroused and mistook lust for true love).

For Kody, no matter how cute and charming he was, he's a polygamist and this dealing with a limited pool of available willing partners. Think about it - what type of woman is really going to want to be in this lifestyle? To share a guy and be a concubine? Is it going to be a strong, successful, confident woman who has a lot going on in the intelligence and looks department? I doubt it.  

Kody kind of has to settle for the limited pool of available women. Robyn's apparently the "trophy wife" and if she's the best he can do...well. ugh. 

No matter how often Meri, Janelle et al insist how they're strong and empowered, it's all just bullshit. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
57 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Yup, all of this, too.  

I think Kody went for Meri because she adored him and she came from plyg roots - and if I recall, Meri described herself as a wallflower who couldn't believe that the charming Kody Brown had her in his sights.  She was young, smitten, and easily malleable.  With Christine, she chased him until he reluctantly caught her and we know from the book that he was definitely not interested.  With Robyn, she was skinny and pretty.  But what about Janelle?  It's got to be something to do with undermining Meri, or making Adam feel like a cuckolded clown, or something like that.  I just cannot get past the part where Janelle thinks it's even a remotely good idea to shack up with her former sister-in-law.  Kody I can see being all "duhhhh" on that subject, but if Janelle had even an inkling of Meri's personality, why would she be all, "sounds good to me!"  Surely she never thought that she and Meri would get along, in any circumstances.

And wasn't Kody and Janelle's original wedding date set to be on Meri's birthday, but they moved it one day later?

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yup, all of this, too.  

I think Kody went for Meri because she adored him and she came from plyg roots - and if I recall, Meri described herself as a wallflower who couldn't believe that the charming Kody Brown had her in his sights.  She was young, smitten, and easily malleable.  With Christine, she chased him until he reluctantly caught her and we know from the book that he was definitely not interested.  With Robyn, she was skinny and pretty.  But what about Janelle?  It's got to be something to do with undermining Meri, or making Adam feel like a cuckolded clown, or something like that.  I just cannot get past the part where Janelle thinks it's even a remotely good idea to shack up with her former sister-in-law.  Kody I can see being all "duhhhh" on that subject, but if Janelle had even an inkling of Meri's personality, why would she be all, "sounds good to me!"  Surely she never thought that she and Meri would get along, in any circumstances.

And wasn't Kody and Janelle's original wedding date set to be on Meri's birthday, but they moved it one day later?

Perhaps she is a tigress in the sack and her lethargic manner is from rocking the sheets at night.  I almost couldn't type that with a straight face.  Kody wanted some strange.  If he were a virgin when he got married maybe he was sowing oats and polygamy gave him the excuse he needed.  That's all I got.  He may have been cute but he was a total geek.  Come on gals, we all knew someone like that in HS!  Cute but just such a weirdo we wouldn't even consider it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Yup, all of this, too.  

Robyn has never been attractive IMO.  Her profile looks to me like a witch.  But she sure knew how to "bewitch" Kootie.  Skinny, yes.

Otherwise, I agree.  Kootie was an ass to suggest Meri's birthday for his "spiritual union" with her ex-sister-in-law, if it was his doing.  How weird would it be?  Celebrating one's birthday, and the very next day, watching your arrogant ass of a husband, marry "his best friend."  I had low self-esteem growing up, but never would I have agreed to share my man.  Meri's self-esteem had to have been in the toilet.  

• Love 14
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Chemistry on her end (I'm going to be crude here and say the power of the pussy which is what Janelle called "feeling like I forgot something" in the book. Bottom line, she was aroused and mistook lust for true love).

For Kody, no matter how cute and charming he was, he's a polygamist and this dealing with a limited pool of available willing partners. Think about it - what type of woman is really going to want to be in this lifestyle? To share a guy and be a concubine? Is it going to be a strong, successful, confident woman who has a lot going on in the intelligence and looks department? I doubt it.  

Kody kind of has to settle for the limited pool of available women. Robyn's apparently the "trophy wife" and if she's the best he can do...well. ugh. 

No matter how often Meri, Janelle et al insist how they're strong and empowered, it's all just bullshit. 

Never really thought about it this way but, duh! Of course women will be hard to find in this lifestyle. Not many are beating down the door to join I suppose. 

• Love 5