Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Any thinking person would want evidence that the product or plan actually works before investing their hard earned money with an online program.  For the Janelle followers, there is no proof or guarantee that there will be any results.

Janelle is banking on those that need a "brush with greatness" in their lives.🤣.  There are some on FB that are giddy with glee because Meri acknowledged them with a "Hi" during one of her live presentations.  Sad, really.

Well, since Optavia is a weight loss program I thought it might work for Janelle.  I see a few of the products are sold on Amazon by third party sellers.  And it would fit in with Strive and the $35 phone chats.   Their "lean and green"  and several fuelings a day would probably appeal to most of her followers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Well, since Optavia is a weight loss program I thought it might work for Janelle.  I see a few of the products are sold on Amazon by third party sellers.  And it would fit in with Strive and the $35 phone chats.   Their "lean and green"  and several fuelings a day would probably appeal to most of her followers.

I googled Optavia and fell down a rabbit hole.  It's another MLM plan.  Should be right up the Brown family alley.  From what I read, the product is good but expensive and "Health Coaches" are qualified by simply having an extra $200. to add to the pot on top of the $300. start up fee.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

From what I read, the product is good but expensive and "Health Coaches" are qualified by simply having an extra $200. to add to the pot on top of the $300. start up fee.

I haven't tried the product myself, but the daughter of a friend is a "coach," and she has coached her dad into a 30 pound loss;  he looks great as does she.   She will occasionally make a suggestion for a "lean and green" meal, and we have tried a few that are very good.

I did google it enough to realize it was an MLM which is why I suggested it for Janelle.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

re: Kody and Janelle - bottom line is that they were  ensuring each other's eternal salvation, which is a selling point of great magnitude.

You gotta hand it to ol' Joe*. He came up with the original MLM.

*Joseph Smith

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

Perhaps she is a tigress in the sack and her lethargic manner is from rocking the sheets at night.  I almost couldn't type that with a straight face.  Kody wanted some strange.  If he were a virgin when he got married maybe he was sowing oats and polygamy gave him the excuse he needed.  That's all I got.  He may have been cute but he was a total geek.  Come on gals, we all knew someone like that in HS!  Cute but just such a weirdo we wouldn't even consider it.

Having the hots for someone doesn't equate to being great in the sack.

Kody knew he wanted to be a polygamist when he first met Meri. 

The book Marry Him: the Case for Settling for Mr Good Enough (great book btw) contains a statement by dating coach Evan Marc Katz where he explains how the author's pool of available men was reduced by her list of requirements. She was looking for a guy in his 40's who hasn't been married, is Jewish (EMK states that Jewish singles are less than 2% of the US population), between 5'9"-5'11", makes six figures, etc etc.  (Actually her list went on for multiple pages in the beginning of the book...) 

I'm using this as an example to show that Kody didn't have a whole lot of women to choose from when looking for a potential wife that met his own requirements - top of the list would be "ok with polygamy". 

I would be willing to bet that there were girls in Kody's high school crushing on him big time during his pre-polygamy LDS days.  Would they still want to date him if he came out as a polygamist? I think not. 

So Kody has to settle for a very small pool of women.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am new to the bolded and I LOVE it!  Also butternut squash spiralized.  Frankly I like it better than pasta.

That is beautiful!  And wow, I want it NOW!

Question:  How do you slice bell pepper to make rounds, or is the  red pepper more of a slice shape and just put between the squash?  I really want to try this.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

Question:  How do you slice bell pepper to make rounds, or is the  red pepper more of a slice shape and just put between the squash?  I really want to try this.

On cooking shows I see them cut the top of the pepper off, cut around the inside seeds/veins and scoop those out.  I usually use the baby bells so I haven't tried it but it's a good trick!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

So Kody has to settle for a very small pool of women.

Women with no self esteem who don't mind a man who prefers quantity over high quality lovemaking.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Women with no self esteem who don't mind a man who prefers quantity over high quality lovemaking.

Yup. 

Or a trailer trash ball buster with three kids including one with a disability who finds out that Kody might be on TV. 

Btw have to give snaps to Lori Gottlieb - she wrote "Marry Him" and I just finished her latest book "Maybe You Need to Talk to Someone" which is awesome!!! 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

As soon as I saw "green" I knew she'd just dump it in a smoothie.  What is her obsession with them?  They don't stave off hunger pangs for long, there is none of the pleasure of chewing, and they are just disgusting to look at.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

As soon as I saw "green" I knew she'd just dump it in a smoothie.  What is her obsession with them?  They don't stave off hunger pangs for long, there is none of the pleasure of chewing, and they are just disgusting to look at.

Displayed with a nicked thumbnail.  Why not wash your hands and file your nails if they need it before setting up a photo?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Even worse is her obsession with pumpkin this and pumpkin that.   🤢

Honestly,  I think she is the perfect person to do the Optavia diet.   They have lots of chocolate bars and shakes to supplement the lean and green.  

I have started using the Green giant zucchini spirals in place of pasta. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Twopper said:

Even worse is her obsession with pumpkin this and pumpkin that.   🤢

Honestly,  I think she is the perfect person to do the Optavia diet.   They have lots of chocolate bars and shakes to supplement the lean and green.  

I have started using the Green giant zucchini spirals in place of pasta. 

Yeah but she'd actually have to have visible results. She does post smoothies way too often but I'm guessing we don't see all she eats in a normal day.  And yeah about the pumpkin fetish. I like pumpkin too but not in everything. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Nutrient wise, it is one of the healthiest things you can eat.  I try to eat them at least 5 days a week.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 10/1/2019 at 3:41 PM, laurakaye said:

Janelle going after Kody and making sure she was in his line of sight is just so at odds with the Janelle that we've come to know through this show.  Since the very beginning, she was checked out of raising her kids, telling us that she preferred to go to work, leaving the child-rearing to Christine (and Logan). 

On 10/1/2019 at 3:58 PM, DakotaJustice said:

As I know from personal experience, having the hots for a guy and wanting to jump his bones can make a person move mountains. 

I can imagine. Janelle married, but not feeling a big spark for the new hubby and she meets Kody, finds out that he's engaged to Meri, but they're going to be adding more wives in future...I can imagine her whole thought process. 

12 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Ok, I just can’t see Janelle as sexual or alluring. Obviously they have kids so, they were. It’s just her personality and her overall vibe doesn’t scream self-confident, sultry vixen—it’s more like boring lump. 

I’ve seen pictures of her when she was younger and aside from a pretty smile, I see a white-bread, boring kinda package. What did she have up her sleeve to ensnare Kody? I just don’t get it. 

Janelle reminds me of a few women I've known over the years.  Janelle is the type that for the most part never had any real interest in an intimate male/female relationship and saw marriage as an arrangement that would give her what she really wanted, which was stability, convenience, security and children.  In her case, she was even happier thinking that even if she wasn't going to be a "soul mate" to her husband there would be other women there fulfilling that role and thus taking the pressure off of her to provide that for him, and the worry that he might be tempted to cheat. 

All the women I've known that remind me of Janelle are basically passive and perhaps chronically mildly depressed slugs.  However, when they saw what they thought was the ideal means towards their end of security/stability/convenience/children they suddenly turned on the charm and became uncharacteristically sexual beings, dressing up and wearing makeup to attract a man for the first time in their lives.  They would pull out all the stops to make him think they were going to be his ideal sexual and soul mate and actually feel a real sense of sexual attraction for a man for one of the only times in their lives.

Once they "caught" him, however, they pretty much went back to being the same passive slugs as before, gaining a lot of weight and not really connecting with him in the ways they were during their courtship and early marriage.  Once their now husband realized it he either made peace with it and found a mistress or threw himself into his work wishing he had a true soul mate and passionate partner like he probably thought he was going to have when he married her.  Of course, by that time they'd have children and he'd feel too trapped to do anything about it, plus he was liking some of what he was getting in return.  Because she was so surface-pleasant there wasn't any drama for him to initiate dumping her.  And in Kody's case all he had to do was find yet another wife, which of course he did.

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Janelle reminds me of a few women I've known over the years.  Janelle is the type that for the most part never had any real interest in an intimate male/female relationship and saw marriage as an arrangement that would give her what she really wanted, which was stability, convenience, security and children.  In her case, she was even happier thinking that even if she wasn't going to be a "soul mate" to her husband there would be other women there fulfilling that role and thus taking the pressure off of her to provide that for him, and the worry that he might be tempted to cheat. 

All the women I've known that remind me of Janelle are basically passive and perhaps chronically mildly depressed slugs.  However, when they saw what they thought was the ideal means towards their end of security/stability/convenience/children they suddenly turned on the charm and became uncharacteristically sexual beings, dressing up and wearing makeup to attract a man for the first time in their lives.  They would pull out all the stops to make him think they were going to be his ideal sexual and soul mate and actually feel a real sense of sexual attraction for a man for one of the only times in their lives.

Once they "caught" him, however, they pretty much went back to being the same passive slugs as before, gaining a lot of weight and not really connecting with him in the ways they were during their courtship and early marriage.  Once their now husband realized it he either made peace with it and found a mistress or threw himself into his work wishing he had a true soul mate and passionate partner like he probably thought he was going to have when he married her.  Of course, by that time they'd have children and he'd feel too trapped to do anything about it, plus he was liking some of what he was getting in return.  Because she was so surface-pleasant there wasn't any drama for him to initiate dumping her.  And in Kody's case all he had to do was find yet another wife, which of course he did.

^ I totally agree 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Depressed slugs. Nice.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Janelle reminds me of a few women I've known over the years.  Janelle is the type that for the most part never had any real interest in an intimate male/female relationship and saw marriage as an arrangement that would give her what she really wanted, which was stability, convenience, security and children. 

That sounds like most polygamists. I just don’t believe a polygamist marriage can be truly intimate and loving. Very few sister wife relationships seem actually sister like at all ( at least the ones on reality tv- ). 

• Love 11
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Ready ?

9326C01F-191F-4A3C-8003-4A9559F4E2C5.jpeg

1A04B744-176D-42EB-A015-9CD897F28370.jpeg

A07F0AB6-AB13-469E-9BA6-A983C3044BDF.jpeg

Swiss chard. It has vitamins? No F’n way! And cooking it makes it more palatable? Who knew?!? 

EVERYONE. Everyone except you, Janelle! 

Please, if any of this family reads here, tell Janelle to stop. She needs to be getting help, not giving it (and what she’s giving is kindergarten versus professional) so she sounds ridiculous. Main reason, it’s NOT WORKING.  No one wants advice from someone who has had years to get fit and is still obese. Please pass this along. Thanks. 

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

AGAIN with the digestion!  Geez louise, I'd hate to think what it's like living in her house for a day.  No wonder the Kodester prefers to scrunch his hair in Robyn's bathroom.  So to speak.

Hopefully there's a box of matches near the toilet.

• LOL 11
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Swiss chard. It has vitamins? No F’n way! And cooking it makes it more palatable? Who knew?!? 

EVERYONE. Everyone except you, Janelle! 

Please, if any of this family reads here, tell Janelle to stop. She needs to be getting help, not giving it (and what she’s giving is kindergarten versus professional) so she sounds ridiculous. Main reason, it’s NOT WORKING.  No one wants advice from someone who has had years to get fit and is still obese. Please pass this along. Thanks. 

She'd probably say that being obese doesn't mean you aren't healthy. 

I have a different opinion, but given that, I wonder how the rest of her health is? 

We can see she has awful teeth and gums. 

She carries her fat in her midsection, which I think is some kind of indicator For heart disease, high BP and diabetes. 

And of course, its pretty clear she's spent a significant amount of time depressed. 

I wonder if she's hit menopause yet? Then it will be more difficult to lose weight.

• Love 8

She'd probably say that being obese doesn't mean you aren't healthy. 

I have a different opinion, but given that, I wonder how the rest of her health is? 

We can see she has awful teeth and gums. 

She carries her fat in her midsection, which I think is some kind of indicator For heart disease, high BP and diabetes. 

And of course, its pretty clear she's spent a significant amount of time depressed. 

I wonder if she's hit menopause yet? Then it will be more difficult to lose weight.

Maybe she would, but I think she feels terrible. Most obese people I’ve known have also felt terrible and struggled with some sort of health issue related to their weight. I know her depression makes it harder, which is why she NEEDS a coach versus trying to BE one. 

Maybe Janelle would understand this comparison—would she want to take music lessons from someone who was a beginner themselves? Or after 3 years, still had not progressed beyond Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? She has NOTHING to teach anyone. 

• Love 14
38 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Maybe Janelle would understand this comparison—would she want to take music lessons from someone who was a beginner themselves? Or after 3 years, still had not progressed beyond Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? 

Please DO NOT give Christine ideas! 😁

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

This is exactly why dogs don't need to be in the house.  I've never been a pets in the house type of person.

Or just don't have one if you don't like them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

This is exactly why dogs don't need to be in the house. 

Never once in my 70 years have I had a dog do anything remotely like that.  Fluky things happen with kids just as often!

• Love 18

So now that the dog has broken all the dishes, she's eating out of the dog's bowl ???   She always seems to eat alone, with one big bowl or chipped plate.

Why is she adding white rice to a stew that is half potatoes?

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 12
  • Love 5

Oy vey, magic thought becomes new every darn time.  If she knows this why can't she do this as a regular routine!  A new awakening yesterday?  then back to sleep and a new awakening tomorrow?  

Why have a dog if it lives outside?  All of our pets were inside animals.  Grand dog is too. Great companions.  

• Love 16
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

So now that the dog has broken all the dishes, she's eating out of the dog's bowl ???   She always seems to eat alone, with one big bowl or chipped plate.

Why is she adding white rice to a stew that is half potatoes?

Oh you didn’t know, that “r” in rice stands for ROCKSTAR!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

All of the sudden.....

36DF4F2A-C76A-4424-9314-4242ADAF55C0.jpeg

0A4A54DE-2CFE-44F9-A6EE-BD61D90E2303.jpeg

9DA5322A-A840-41B4-A262-B15C4182344A.jpeg

I seriously want to know why all these mental to-do-lists are so long.  What does Janelle do?  I mean seriously what do any of them do?  I mean,damn, at this point Meri’s rag selling and Mykelti’s bad contact paper nail photos show more initiative.    I mean IIRC “realtor” Janelle stared at her cellphone and basically grunted while trying to sell a house. She writes content shorter, and not to brag, but less interesting than my posts for this board.  All her children are basically grown.  I mean is she putting curlers in Kody’s hair all day? Does she have to draw on everyone’s eyebrows daily?  Is she a pallbearer at all the prairie dogs’ funerals? Why is she so exhausted?  WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING ALL DAY, JANELLE? Inquiring minds want to know.

• LOL 15
  • Love 9

She DROVE to the trail so she could WALK? 

It's been awhile and I don't remember her address right off the bat but I seem to recall that her place is well within walking distance of the trail system, in fact I believe she mentioned that in one of her many pointless blogs.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

All of the sudden.....

36DF4F2A-C76A-4424-9314-4242ADAF55C0.jpeg

0A4A54DE-2CFE-44F9-A6EE-BD61D90E2303.jpeg

9DA5322A-A840-41B4-A262-B15C4182344A.jpeg

Choosing to do your workout reduces stress and is always worth it? Whaaaaaaaaat? 

But seriously. She KNOWS this. When she completes a workout, she acts like it’s the first time she’s discovered the positive effects. 

She DROVE to the trail so she could WALK? 

It's been awhile and I don't remember her address right off the bat but I seem to recall that her place is well within walking distance of the trail system, in fact I believe she mentioned that in one of her many pointless blogs.

Yeah I don’t get that either. I’d walk or run  to the trail system when I lived there. The beauty of walking or running is NOT DRIVING. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yeah I don’t get that either. I’d walk or run  to the trail system when I lived there. The beauty of walking or running is NOT DRIVING. 

And you can come back via a different route, not repeating the section closest to the parking lot.

• Love 4
On 10/5/2019 at 10:47 AM, Juliegirlj said:

I thought her “green chili stew” was her dog’s food. 🤢

I thought it was something else entirely, but it's early and I don't want to gross everyone out.

But you guys, Janelle's "to-do" list is probably very intimidating....

Wake up to Savannah shaking you awake so you can see her off to school...go back to sleep after she finally gets on the *&^& bus...wake up a second time to dogs whining that they have to go outside...drag self out of bed, shoo dogs out the door, doze in easy chair until they bark to come back in...open pantry, select rockstar item of day to add to coffee, make 4-egg omelette using whatever vegetable looks/feels the mushiest, take a photo of breakfast and compose a blog about how you're so proud of yourself for using up the mushy veg instead of tossing it down the garbage disposal like normal, feel very proud for submitting such a well-written missive to your 11 followers so as a reward, drive to the Farmer's Market...circle the parking lot until someone leaves so as to avoid any uncesssary walking, locate that lady that makes the triple-chocolate cupcakes - eat two, washed down with a large lemonade...wander aimlessly, looking at all the fresh fruit and veg for sale and wonder what people actually use them for, drive back home to let those stupid dogs out again, glance at clock, realize you only have an hour before Savannah comes home - just enough time to make and eat a tray of peanut-butter Fritos...when Savannah comes home to find you asleep again in the La-Z-Boy and asks once again if she can go live with Christine, tell her that NO she cannot because you demand the right to raise your own child!!!...get online and check flights to North Carolina in an effort to escape to Maddie's house, take four random items out of fridge, throw it all in a pan, add ghee and nutmeg and tell Savannah that dinner's ready, fall asleep in chair while she feeds it to the dogs, repeat.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
On 10/5/2019 at 6:58 AM, ginger90 said:

No wonder her gut has issues and she isn't losing weight. Eating stew for breakfast ? Now, back in my 20's sometimes I would grab a cold slice of pizza, but I was young and dumb. For someone in her 50's she should be grabbing a bowl of oatmeal. I still want to know how she is so busy ? A shopping trip to Target to buy new moose plates takes all day?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I thought it was something else entirely, but it's early and I don't want to gross everyone out.

That was my first thought too, a stainless steel bedpan of someone with digestive issues and too lazy to get out of the La-Z-Boy.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 6