Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

It kills me to be on Meri's side, but she only had one kid, and it wasn't her responsibility to look after the 12 kids that Janelle and Christine and Kody decided to bring into the world when they had limited funds and no health insurance.

I don't think it was Meri's choice to have only one kid though. She had secondary infertility, which is very sad, but, it wasn't like Meri was trying to make a responsible decision and limit the number of dependents.

I actually do think that, when one agrees to be part of a polygamous family, all the adults have responsibility for all the children. You are supposed to be one big family so I think the sister wives all have responsibility for all the kids, regardless of who birthed them. I think the family dynamic could have worked well had one mom happily took on homeschooling/daytime caregiving while the other adults were all gainfully employed but that isn't what happened here. Janelle was the only one to have a regular, full time job with benefits (and I suppose Kody did at one point). Robyn never worked outside the home. Meri only ever worked part time and Christine, while probably pretty good at caring for children, didn't seem happy or fulfilled doing so. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

And if she's feeling tired or lazy, or plans change at the last minute, grocery stores now have plenty of grab-and-go healthy options.

This. There are SO many choices nowadays. I’m also very busy and often hit the grocery store’s healthy fresh foods section. There’s almost no excuse to get takeaway food because there are so many healthy options.

• Love 7

One reason I think Janelle might be getting takeout at places is that she doesn't want to get out of the car and walk into a store.  Drive-up windows are easier.

But, wasn't Plexass supposed to fix all her digestive issues and cravings?  Sure, Jan.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 8/22/2022 at 8:22 PM, Elizzikra said:

One can work outside the home and still be a terrific, non-absentee mom…

On 8/22/2022 at 8:28 PM, GeeGolly said:

IIRC, Janelle has said she preferred to let Christine to do the lion's share of childrearing. Once they moved to LV Janelle and the kids were a little more isolated and once they moved to AZ, even more isolated, so she had to step up and parent. I don't think Janelle was a bad parent, but she more preferred the 1950s father role than the hands on mommy role.

I agree with this. I think Janelle was a good Mom, but she never pretended to be the primary caregiver for her kids (the two are often equated but are different in my mind). Logan stepped up and did a lot of caregiving as the eldest of her six, even in non plural families that often happens when there are a lot of younger siblings or a sibling has a disability of some kind (I identified a lot with Logan in that sense). 

By the time they got to LV, Janelle's kids didnt need "caregiving" in the traditional sense, they were all old enough to meet their basic needs (besides Savanah maybe), but they still needed parenting. The emotional and mental work of raising older kids was easier for Janelle (and interested her more) than the nurturing and physical work of caring for little little kids.

23 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

You are supposed to be one big family so I think the sister wives all have responsibility for all the kids, regardless of who birthed them. I think the family dynamic could have worked well had one mom happily took on homeschooling/daytime caregiving while the other adults were all gainfully employed but that isn't what happened here. Janelle was the only one to have a regular, full time job with benefits (and I suppose Kody did at one point). Robyn never worked outside the home. Meri only ever worked part time and Christine, while probably pretty good at caring for children, didn't seem happy or fulfilled doing so. 

I think the arrangement they had when the show "met them" in Lehi worked out the best for them, the family was probably running pretty smoothly, but they wanted the show and Kody was "bored".

Janelle worked, Meri did help with the other kids ( she did a lot of the errands and driving the kids around as needed) Christine was the primary caregiver for the little ones, which I think best suited each of their personalities. Along with the fact at that point they had a number of teenagers which were extra hands for domestic duties and childcare, had they lived within their means (no Robyn or her kids) they probably wouldve been just fine.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree with this. I think Janelle was a good Mom, but she never pretended to be the primary caregiver for her kids (the two are often equated but are different in my mind). Logan stepped up and did a lot of caregiving as the eldest of her six, even in non plural families that often happens when there are a lot of younger siblings or a sibling has a disability of some kind (I identified a lot with Logan in that sense). 

By the time they got to LV, Janelle's kids didnt need "caregiving" in the traditional sense, they were all old enough to meet their basic needs (besides Savanah maybe), but they still needed parenting. The emotional and mental work of raising older kids was easier for Janelle (and interested her more) than the nurturing and physical work of caring for little little kids.

I think the arrangement they had when the show "met them" in Lehi worked out the best for them, the family was probably running pretty smoothly, but they wanted the show and Kody was "bored".

Janelle worked, Meri did help with the other kids ( she did a lot of the errands and driving the kids around as needed) Christine was the primary caregiver for the little ones, which I think best suited each of their personalities. Along with the fact at that point they had a number of teenagers which were extra hands for domestic duties and childcare, had they lived within their means (no Robyn or her kids) they probably wouldve been just fine.

But apparently around the time Christine was pregnant with Truely, she was overwhelmed and begging Kody for help. Understandable given Janelle's rambunctious young boys and her rambunctious young girls + Paedon. I can't imagine how difficult things were for Christine with a newborn and all those other kids. She wasn't so young anymore by then.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if boredom is behind the frantic moving, him marrying 4 wives and the constant adding of kids. He needs something new all the time because he loses his interest so quickly. The best example is the way he bonded with the little ones but seemed to abandon them when they were getting bigger (or a new baby arrived)

• Like 4
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, LilyD said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if boredom is behind the frantic moving, him marrying 4 wives and the constant adding of kids. He needs something new all the time because he loses his interest so quickly. The best example is the way he bonded with the little ones but seemed to abandon them when they were getting bigger (or a new baby arrived)

taking my response to the Kody thread.

• Love 2

Shit, I'm going to mash up some grass clippings, throw a gut health/diet label on them and get Janelle to shill them for me.

Eat a corn dog, inhale some fried dough and then sprinkle this in your tea and the magic happens. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit, I'm going to mash up some grass clippings, throw a gut health/diet label on them and get Janelle to shill them for me.

Eat a corn dog, inhale some fried dough and then sprinkle this in your tea and the magic happens. 

It will no doubt be a rock star!

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I'd heard of but never had funnel cake, but now know what it looks like thanks to Janelle and you all.  If I want to spend all day at a fair, I'm not about to eat a family-sized plate of sugar & grease, guaranteeing lethargy & energy crashes. No "balancing" pills are going to fix that for the rest of the day!

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

I didn't recognize it as funnel cake, my first guess was chicharones covered with ranch dressing... 🤮 either way!!

ETA: I get she needs to make $$ but for Dog's sake woman hawk something  reputable! Something that is safe to use and actually does what it claims to do!

Edited by Gramto6
added on to post
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, deirdra said:

I'd heard of but never had funnel cake, but now know what it looks like thanks to Janelle and you all.  If I want to spend all day at a fair, I'm not about to eat a family-sized plate of sugar & grease, guaranteeing lethargy & energy crashes. No "balancing" pills are going to fix that for the rest of the day!

She doesn't know our funnel cake hack.  Buy one.  Everyone in the party gets to pull off a mouth size piece. Then throw rest away.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, deirdra said:

For the person who eats healthy most of the time, a one-off like this won’t hurt them — the same way I’d get a pumpkin spice chai latte from Firehouse Coffee once every fall (because, 700 calories but also because, “liquid pumpkin pie”). It was special because it was once a year and I didn’t care about the calories given it was a one-off.

Janelle seems to do this so often, it’s not splurging for her, it’s just normal and that’s a problem. She admits she has a hard time keeping out of the drive thru for takeaways, so this funnel cake is part of a long-term problem.

I still don’t know how people can see her as credible. Relatable, yes. But get your shit together before you shill something just because you’re a “celebrity”. 

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 8

"It's my favorite time of year - Fair time!  And who doesn't love Fair food - corn dogs soaked in grease, funnel cakes with extra-extra powdered sugar, hot pretzels bigger than your head dipped in ranch dressing, and all the blue cotton candy you can eat!  But fear not!  If the thought of eating all of these delicious, calorie-laden, sugar-injected treats makes your gut clench, I have the rockstar solution - Balance pills!  Balance is made from beanus farticolonic extract (beans which produce bean seeds that are called beans), Mulberry flatulentica leaves (induces bloating which when released feels amazing), and Cinnaminnaminnica bark (for taste - otherwise these things would make your burps clear a room).  So eat until your stomach begs you to please, for the love, STOP! -  and then simply take one Balance pill washed down with a quart of Plexus, find an unoccupied area - preferably outdoors and downwind - and when it's all over, hit up the nachos booth - extra cheese, please - amirite?!" 

(Get your Balance for the low cost of $59.99 for a one-month supply.  If it doesn't work for you, you're doing it wrong and your money will not be refunded).

Edited by laurakaye
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 21
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

"It's my favorite time of year - Fair time!  And who doesn't love Fair food - corn dogs soaked in grease, funnel cakes with extra-extra powdered sugar, hot pretzels bigger than your head dipped in ranch dressing, and all the blue cotton candy you can eat!  But fear not!  If the thought of eating all of these delicious, calorie-laden, sugar-injected treats makes your gut clench, I have the rockstar solution - Balance pills!  Balance is made from beanus farticolonic extract (beans which produce bean seeds that are called beans), Mulberry flatulentica leaves (induces bloating which when released feels amazing), and Cinnaminnaminnica bark (for taste - otherwise these things would make your burps clear a room).  So eat until your stomach begs you to please, for the love, STOP! -  and then simply take one Balance pill washed down with a quart of Plexus, find an unoccupied area - preferably outdoors and downwind - and when it's all over, hit up the nachos booth - extra cheese, please - amirite?!" 

(Get your Balance for the low cost of $59.99 for a one-month supply.  If it doesn't work for you, you're doing it wrong and your money will not be refunded).

And I would add

if the supplement doesn’t work eat a can of cabbage and beans, that will clear your colon right away! You will be clean as a whistle!

Edited by oliviabenson
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7

The number of luxury trips she takes, is astonishing. Most seem sponsored by Plexus and it’s s little scary to realise how well this company is doing if you can send your consultants to all “corners” of the world.

But…. Those travels are a wonderful way to annoy Kody like hell. He must be so pissed off to see Christine doing great and having an amazing time while travelling across the States. In the meantime, Janelle doing the same plus the occasional luxurious trips to Europe or Hawaii! I can’t even begin to imagine how this bruises his ego every single day! 

Edited by LilyD
Added “plus”
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

The number of luxury trips she takes, is astonishing. Most seem sponsored by Plexus and it’s s little scary to realise how well this company is doing if you can send your consultants to all “corners” of the world.

But…. Those travels are a wonderful way to annoy Kody like hell. He must be so pissed off to see Christine doing great and having an amazing time while travelling across the States. In the meantime, Janelle doing the same plus the occasional luxurious trips to Europe or Hawaii! I can’t even begin to imagine how this bruises his ego every single day! 

Well, since Kootie and Sobbyn share a brain, the other upside is Sobbyn is probably annoyed (and envious) too.  

It's too bad Janelle, Maddie and Christine must sell all kinds of dildo drinks to "earn" trips like Meri does with her Lularot sales.  Their buyers must be nuts to pay for overpriced crap.  Plexass may not be paying for all of it, though.  Doesn't Lularot make the shillers pay their own airfare to get to go on their cruises?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

Is she cultivating more skin cancer by the side of road?  I would think there would be plenty of pretty backgrounds for photo ops, but she chose this one? Did she pour PlexAss into that coconut? 

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Yes, this is a raw photo, definitely not a professional shot. But I give her credit for just going for it. In the latest photos I've seen of her, Maddie and Christine, she looks good. It looks like she has slimmed down. I hope that's the case for her. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Yes, this is a raw photo, definitely not a professional shot. But I give her credit for just going for it. In the latest photos I've seen of her, Maddie and Christine, she looks good. It looks like she has slimmed down. I hope that's the case for her. 

Yes i've noticed some recent pics and she does look like she has lost a good bit of weight.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Yes i've noticed some recent pics and she does look like she has lost a good bit of weight.

My theory is - she's lost about 400 lbs total - K&R, and isn't stuffing down her anger/frustration  with food. 

My hope for her is - fly free!! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

A lot of morbidly obese people like Janelle seem to struggle with emotional health too. Food is a way to feel better, to feel like you’re in control. Dealing with those issues is important if you want to succesfully lose weight.

Look at Christine and how great she looked when she finally realised the status of her shitty relationship and chose for herself. And I’m like hmmm…Janelle is travelling the world, seems to be making a lot of money and seems to be loosing weight….Where’s Kody?? Has she too made some significant changes to her private life? Life without Kody and Robyn must be so easy and carefree….

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, LilyD said:

A lot of morbidly obese people like Janelle seem to struggle with emotional health too. Food is a way to feel better, to feel like you’re in control. Dealing with those issues is important if you want to succesfully lose weight.

Look at Christine and how great she looked when she finally realised the status of her shitty relationship and chose for herself. And I’m like hmmm…Janelle is travelling the world, seems to be making a lot of money and seems to be loosing weight….Where’s Kody?? Has she too made some significant changes to her private life? Life without Kody and Robyn must be so easy and carefree….

Christine looks amazing and even Janelle is looking better. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, deirdra said:

I would think there would be plenty of pretty backgrounds for photo ops, but she chose this one?

in all fairness, these are usually pop up stands along the side of the road.  There are all kinds of those in Hawai'i.  Coconut milk, fish tacos, etc.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/23/2022 at 5:03 AM, LilyD said:

Fat people are individuals just like everyone else. Judging a person’s emotional health by the way their body looks is not right. If you have met one fat person with emotional problems it doesn’t mean every fat person has those same problems.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Fat people are individuals just like everyone else. Judging a person’s emotional health by the way their body looks is not right. If you have met one fat person with emotional problems it doesn’t mean every fat person has those same problems.

I understand what you’re saying.

Janelle has called herself an emotional eater.

From an article about her using Plexus:

Janelle went on to claim that her sugar cravings have diminished, she doesn’t “emotionally eat” as much, and that at its core, the product helps with gut health.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 6
  • Love 2

Yes but the post said “many obese people “. If you have met an obese person you have met one person, not every person who has the same body type. Talking about Janelle and what she has discussed is different than generalizing a whole group of people.

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 4
  • Love 1