Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Hahaaaaaa
I still remember Kody running from room to room saying that the separate outside doors were "proof" that the B&B was a Plyg Mansion. 
No, it's just proof that Vicky was running a B&B and knew that visitors like to have their own private entrance. 

Edited by Kyanight
It was REALLY a stupid reply so I backspaced to save my old face
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You know white towels - I've found they're fairly easy to keep white. I've discovered two substances that really make a difference - bleach and bluing. 

And hot water.  After a few washes, Meri will have to start advertising her charcoal grey towels.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Ok, this is something I was wondering after this subject was mentioned somewhere just a few days ago.  What exactly WOULD be the attraction for tourists in regards to a polygamist's house?  Because I honestly don't get it.  Some dude lived here that had more than one wife.  o...kay......    I get the pioneer interest - but you could have that in many different places.  It's not like the B&B is preserved from the 1800's.  It's been remodeled and although the furnishings might be dated - they are clearly from the 20th century, with the exception of maybe some knickknacks here and there for show and some photographs.  So?  What is the draw, exactly???  What am I missing here?

I have not seen anything photographed from that home that looked antique to me.  A few weeks ago, Meri posted a family treasure that was a genie style lamp, widely available at your local Woolworth's store in the 1960's.  The crocheted pieces they have embellished the pillow shams with appear to be something mass produced in China that can be found in abundance at any flea market.  I'm sure the previous owner rushed out and bought some trinkets when she hooked Meri on coming to have a look at the old homestead.

The breakfasts look good but I understand that they have a local woman come in to prepare them and they are not cooked by Bonnie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The breakfasts look good but I understand that they have a local woman come in to prepare them and they are not cooked by Bonnie.

Which is fine - it gives extra money to the local woman who sounds like a good cook, and frees Bonnie up for the cleaning and upkeep of the place.  I just don't get the draw for coming to THIS place versus any other B&B.   But it doesn't sound like any of us do?

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Meri thinks her "star power" (ha!) is enough to keep this supposed polygamist homestead in business.  Uh-huh.  Not even if she looked like J-Lo.

Yup she's no J-Lo....  More like Jello..... A mountain of Orange Jello stomping around in clodhoppers. 😲

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Once again, I love you Joan!  You are among the best snarkers on this forum.  We have great people here, and I love it that others point out stuff that I miss.  The Browns just invite snark, don't they?

Right back at ya!  ❤😉

The Brown's are an all you can eat smorgasbord of snark. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Good god woman! Grown up already. She is so emotionally stunted. Stop trying to convince yourself with that affirmation mumbo jumbo and instead just make the actual life changes if you want to, embody it! Live it! No one cares to hear your blah-blah internal therapy season. Just like Janelle, she’s all blah-blah, no action. 

Also...

D3FD184C-E0A9-4F04-9DC9-C354061D29BE.thumb.jpeg.c89a173b5c77794e9148c1b969b583c8.jpeg

What in the world is happening here? Your eyebrow should not naturally almost touch your eye corner.  Step away from the FaceTune old Mare, it’s getting weird. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3

"I distance myself from toxicity".  Mer, hate to break it to you but a toxic cloud surrounds you. 

And stop stealing those hokey messages from some inspiration website.   We know good and well they didn't come from you.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

"I distance myself from toxicity".  Mer, hate to break it to you but a toxic cloud surrounds you. 

And stop stealing those hokey messages from some inspiration website.   We know good and well they didn't come from you.

Right? Meri IS the toxin. She can run but once she stops, there it is, permeating everything.

“I am comfortable with who I am”: No, you’re not, Meri. People who are happy with themselves don’t use filters to change their face or body so much they don’t resemble themselves any more.  They also don’t need to keep declaring it on social media. 

#overcompensating #fakeymcfake #liar #deluded

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

"I, I, I, I."  "My wants, my needs, my space."  "Me, me, me, me."  Our dear Meri, maybe that's what's wrong, you focus far too much on yourself, and not much on others, making you sound like a teenager.  Someone of your mature years should have grown enough in character to be at least be a little bit interested in being of service to others. Self-centered to the core.  😔

• Love 16
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I feel like this long-winded affirmation is something Deanna came up with and forces her consultants to memorize and chant in meetings while standing in a circle holding hands and burning incense or something.  It's a tad on the creepy side.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Coasters!!

6933C651-8A82-41A8-B2C3-6DD934CB9E45.jpeg

8D037C00-F615-443B-B8AD-E932A94BA757.jpeg

Is that something people collect when they go to different places?   I feel so out of the social loop!

Also - this family has REALLY become self-centered.  Like others have said - everything they write is "I, I, I".  They don't have the money to donate to charity which is fine - but WHEN or DO they EVER donate their time to helping other individuals?  Part of nurturing ourselves (which they are SOOOO in to) is helping our souls and character by giving our time and energy for others.  You would think they would definitely be tooting their own horns and posting about it, if they ever did it.

• Love 13
23 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You know white towels - I've found they're fairly easy to keep white. I've discovered two substances that really make a difference - bleach and bluing. 

😂😂😂😂

Or she could do what a lot of motels/hotels do and sign up for a service that delivers this stuff to you when you need it.  Unless they do not do enough biz to make it worth it.  IF I am staying at a B&B (which is not my thing) I want a higher level experience than the Holiday Inn.   I want top quality towels and linens.  Like you all think, black = stain cover up.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ok so hear me out on this....

I think this is Meri throwing shade at Robyn and my sister wife’s closet.  We all know that Robyn’s business is basically dead in the water.  I wonder if there’s tension over business success between Mare and Robyn.

actually,  I can see Meri creating drama With this post by assuming Robyn is jealous because her lularoe is a rilly big dill.  Either way this woman has the emotional intellect of a 9 year old.  Kody coddling her all those years and now she’s a petulant child.

• Love 13
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Coasters!!

6933C651-8A82-41A8-B2C3-6DD934CB9E45.jpeg

8D037C00-F615-443B-B8AD-E932A94BA757.jpeg

Does she actually want guests to steal the coasters (or is she selling them)?  I was given some (plain) slate coasters, but I hated them & donated them. Slate is hard and non-absorbent, so your glass clanks loudly on it and condensation drips onto the table that you were trying to protect. No thanks!

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Does she actually want guests to steal the coasters (or is she selling them)?  I was given some (plain) slate coasters, but I hated them & donated them. Slate is hard and non-absorbent, so your glass clanks loudly on it and condensation drips onto the table that you were trying to protect. No thanks!

She's selling them and you're right.. slate makes a terrible coaster

A friend gave me a set years ago from a trip she took and they were awful.... she also bought herself a set and asked me if i still used mine because she hated hers... I had to admit that I'd only used them a couple times but they were so sloppy and drippy that I decided to use them for other things.... I used a few in a large terrarium to make different levels.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

You know that smell when the aquarium grows algae on the glass? I bet her house REEKS from the Blooming Waterfall.

That certainly makes sense as Meri does not seem to be the type of person to keep up with the maintenance needed for something like that.  And if her house reeks - that entire inventory of Lularoe is going to reek, as well.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

Circle of safety?  Huh??  Exactly who is Meri talking to and who is she talking about?  Is this another dig at her family?  Is she trying to tell her family that her circle of safety is her LLR "friends?"  To what end?  Does she think her family actually cares?  Why do people insist on putting this vague crap masquerading as "deep thoughts" on social media with no explanation?  Are they just looking for their followers to ask questions?  If not, why bother?

I think that's all the questions I have for today.  Thank you, I'll hang up and listen.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Not to mention they're slippery. Your glass can slide right off! I like the cardboard (?) ones you see at bars.  I don't drink beer but like 10 years ago a bar owner generously gave me a stack of SF Giants/Blue Moon coasters (like 20) which I still use to this day. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Circle of safety?  Huh??  Exactly who is Meri talking to and who is she talking about?  Is this another dig at her family?  Is she trying to tell her family that her circle of safety is her LLR "friends?"  To what end?  Does she think her family actually cares?  Why do people insist on putting this vague crap masquerading as "deep thoughts" on social media with no explanation?  Are they just looking for their followers to ask questions?  If not, why bother?

I think that's all the questions I have for today.  Thank you, I'll hang up and listen.

This. 🙄 I wish the family would kick Meri and her ramblings, her walls, her circle of safety and all her other baggage out the door. Just tell her to STFU and be done with her, since she won’t do it herself. She needs a push out the door.

It would make for better TV and be more authentic tif than the bs they present us with every week. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, OliversMom said:

I find Meri so frustrating this season, I want to empathize with her and just when I think I can, she gets all annoying again.  

I do admit to finding her less irritating than in previous seasons though.  

Same here, only because Robyn is now firmly in the #1 Irritating Wife spot on my list and I don't see her budging any time soon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Like any Brown ever used a coaster.  HA!  

• LOL 8
8 hours ago, OliversMom said:

I find Meri so frustrating this season, I want to empathize with her and just when I think I can, she gets all annoying again.  

I do admit to finding her less irritating than in previous seasons though.  

If Meri stops taking herself & her fambly so seriously and takes on the role of the snarky comedian rather than victim, she could become the likeable one the show.  Mentioning the "fantastic wetbar" in her LV home, with a smile, no less, was a good start.  She has so much inside knowledge of the fambly that she would never run out of things to snark about.

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, deirdra said:

If Meri stops taking herself & her fambly so seriously and takes on the role of the snarky comedian rather than victim, she could become the likeable one the show.  Mentioning the "fantastic wetbar" in her LV home, with a smile, no less, was a good start.  She has so much inside knowledge of the fambly that she would never run out of things to snark about.

This.  
Plus, I found myself feeling for her.  Meri, if you are reading this, more snark please. And stop drawing on the eyebrows, and please don’t let your hair color go to dark brown.  It’s aging.  

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

This.  
Plus, I found myself feeling for her.  Meri, if you are reading this, more snark please. And stop drawing on the eyebrows, and please don’t let your hair color go to dark brown.  It’s aging.  

I think the brows may be tattooed on...

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Skinny filter alert.  

As a woman that used to be quite overweight, I would NEVER wear horizontal stripes, not even now!  It's laughable that her still photos look nothing like she appears on TeeVee.  Such a phony!  Ghostlike is right.  Ugh.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

I can’t stand it when she talks about clothing as if it’s a person. Remember Hudson? 

I just feel comfortable with him. He's relaxed, and cool, and so easy to be with. He surrounds me with comfort whenever I'm with him! ! His name is Hudson and I just can't enough of him...

• LOL 15
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_718.jpg

Another teeny tiny jacket 🤨

I just had a brilliant thought:  the LulaNo jackets are being worn as shrugs, which usually don't close.  Do they not know that a jacket is not a shrug??

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

I just had a brilliant thought:  the LulaNo jackets are being worn as shrugs, which usually don't close.  Do they not know that a jacket is not a shrug??

Those too-small jackets just make people look bigger.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 11