Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Wow,  Fresh flowers.  Groundbreaking.  Probably one of those pre-made bouquets from the local grocery store.

Probably half price because they are yesterday's fresh flowers that were left unsold.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

310195C8-0BF7-4B75-B3E2-8A96A17892B7.jpeg

C9C23587-3750-46A7-A98E-47EB05F69AC9.jpeg

Meri must be putting some of her LLR $$$ to good use and is dressing up the joint!  The clock and probably the keys as well as the chairs and the tablecloth in her previous post seem to be genuine antiques.  She has no doubt been haunting antique shops to find items that she hopes visitors to the BnB will assume "have been there since the beginning".

Speaking of haunting, I hope she has ditched the pee stained "ghost chair" in the upstairs hallway.

• LOL 6
21 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Quite the snack:

That place is hideous! What is this supposed to be, the late 1800s? If you want to time-warp into the past it’d be fine, but might as well going with a living history experience. 

Just who are they getting to stay there? As a skier, there’s NO WAY I’d stay there—no perks. I need a hot tub and a place to relax that doesn’t look like It’s from Abraham Lincoln’s time. Same goes for summer—I prefer a nice pool for relaxing after a day of hiking versus lace doilies and peanuts (or whatever that is). 

That place is so ugly and boring looking. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

That place is hideous! What is this supposed to be, the late 1800s? If you want to time-warp into the past it’d be fine, but might as well going with a living history experience. 

Just who are they getting to stay there? As a skier, there’s NO WAY I’d stay there—no perks. I need a hot tub and a place to relax that doesn’t look like It’s from Abraham Lincoln’s time. Same goes for summer—I prefer a nice pool for relaxing after a day of hiking versus lace doilies and peanuts (or whatever that is). 

That place is so ugly and boring looking. 

There doesn't appear that there is anything to DO in Parowan.  Suppose a family chose to stay there for a weekend.  Arise Saturday morning for a nice breakfast, then you are on your own for the day. skiing or hiking, have lunch and dinner out.  Dinner time could be stretched out til 9PM, then back to the Inn for a fun-filled evening of TV.  Don't bring the kids, it doesn't appear to be kid friendly, I would spend every minute worried that a little one would disturb Meri's well ordered ambience.

• Love 3

Does Miss Persnickedy require guests to remove their shoes upon entry, like she does with her sterile house?  

No, that place isn't kid-friendly in the least.  I'd love to see, for instance, a huge noisy group with little brats galore, descend on Meri's precious B & B.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

There doesn't appear that there is anything to DO in Parowan.  Suppose a family chose to stay there for a weekend.  Arise Saturday morning for a nice breakfast, then you are on your own for the day. skiing or hiking, have lunch and dinner out.  Dinner time could be stretched out til 9PM, then back to the Inn for a fun-filled evening of TV.  Don't bring the kids, it doesn't appear to be kid friendly, I would spend every minute worried that a little one would disturb Meri's well ordered ambience.

Yup. And after skiing or hiking, most people don’t want to return to an 1800s inn. They want a pool, a hot tub or a bar/grill to go to. For the hikers I feel like a campground would be better. 

There‘a NOTHING at this stupid inn! 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, Fig Newton said:

RIP Irma.

This sounds like an obituary. I am guessing Irma disintegrated. At least she lived 3 1/2 months.

Meri is just trying to make it sound like she is not a meanie and will not hound her downline to death to continue selling LLN forever and wishes Irma well.  I hope others leave in droves.

• Love 2

Wait, Irma didn't die?  Irma is a piece of clothing that is no longer for sale from Lou La Roe?  I guess that explains the happy picture that Meri posted along with the announcement.

But I thought that Lou La Roe was famous for making cheap clothing made from cheap leftover fabric from other manufacturers, and part of the 'charm' was that every could be considered almost one of a kind, because there would be so few of each item that was made from the same print.  I also thought that the people who sell LLR stuff had no control over what clothing was sent to them.  They could get dresses, leggings, tops, etc. all sent in various sizes and prints and it was up to them to figure out how to unload them.

Was 'Irma' different?  Are there LLR things that are all made the same and comes in different sizes, and a customer could order it in their size?

Otherwise, I'd assume that the 'Irma' top was being discontinued and Meri was simply trying to drum up interest in those few people who might have wanted it but haven't gotten around to order it yet.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Wait, Irma didn't die?  Irma is a piece of clothing that is no longer for sale from Lou La Roe?  I guess that explains the happy picture that Meri posted along with the announcement.

But I thought that Lou La Roe was famous for making cheap clothing made from cheap leftover fabric from other manufacturers, and part of the 'charm' was that every could be considered almost one of a kind, because there would be so few of each item that was made from the same print.  I also thought that the people who sell LLR stuff had no control over what clothing was sent to them.  They could get dresses, leggings, tops, etc. all sent in various sizes and prints and it was up to them to figure out how to unload them.

Was 'Irma' different?  Are there LLR things that are all made the same and comes in different sizes, and a customer could order it in their size?

Otherwise, I'd assume that the 'Irma' top was being discontinued and Meri was simply trying to drum up interest in those few people who might have wanted it but haven't gotten around to order it yet.

You are correct!  Irma wasn't a person - it is a style of lularoe.   

"The Irma top is a loose, knit “high-low” tunic, with fitted mid-length sleeves. With extra length in the back, the Irma is the perfect pairing partner to any of our fabulous LuLaRoe Leggings."

• LOL 5

So hold on, does LLR "retire" certain items of clothing, like "retired" Beanie Babies and Dept. 56 figurines?  As mentioned above, how does an item of LLR clothing become discontinued or retired when it only lasts about 5 - 7 washings anyway?  And if Irma is such a go-to item, why stop producing it?

I smell a scheme here - as in, Janet from Boise is going to hear about this and suddenly go mad to order as many Irmas as she can get her hands on, when in fact there's a warehouse somewhere in Corona, CA stacked to the rafters with hideously-printed, somewhat moldy, slightly damp Irmas just waiting for the right sucker person to order them.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Yup. And after skiing or hiking, most people don’t want to return to an 1800s inn. They want a pool, a hot tub or a bar/grill to go to. For the hikers I feel like a campground would be better. 

There‘a NOTHING at this stupid inn! 

I'm not really a B&B person.  However, if you were, this place seems fine.  You can't really fault a B&B for not being a hotel with hotel amenities.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I'm not really a B&B person.  However, if you were, this place seems fine.  You can't really fault a B&B for not being a hotel with hotel amenities.

We've stayed at several B&Bs, although we do prefer hotels when we're on the road without a reason to stay in a particular place.

Hubby and I were doing a family cemetery heritage tour a year and a half ago.  He has a cousin who lived in Parowan and is buried in their cemetery, so we stayed at Lizzie's while we were in town.

No lie - and I'm NOT a fan of the insanity of SisterWives' show - Lizzie's was the nicest, cleanest B&B we've stayed at, and the breakfast was amazing.

• Useful 9
  • Love 10

image.png.28a5832d5a3887a271d38aaee59ad3b4.png

Ok, seriously - some perverted guy must design these!  Why else would the TONGUE be RIGHT THERE?  Although I suppose it would be worse if you had the monkey on the crotch with his hands over his mouth....   or the airplane flying into the crotch... or droplets falling OUT of the crotch.... so it HAD to be the tongue!

• LOL 14
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

image.png.28a5832d5a3887a271d38aaee59ad3b4.png

Ok, seriously - some perverted guy must design these!  Why else would the TONGUE be RIGHT THERE?  Although I suppose it would be worse if you had the monkey on the crotch with his hands over his mouth....   or the airplane flying into the crotch... or droplets falling OUT of the crotch.... so it HAD to be the tongue!

I want to know what the blue and brown thing is.  My imagination is NOT going somewhere good.

• LOL 7
22 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I want to know what the blue and brown thing is.  My imagination is NOT going somewhere good.

It looks like a butt wearing a bikini bottom that is too small.  That's all I've got.

• LOL 10
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, Sandy W said:

"back to the Inn for a fun-filled evening of TV"

Are we sure there's TV's in the rooms?  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
7 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

On a short person, the Irma would cover the odd print placements on the pants. Better grab your Irmas while you can, luluno ladies. 

Indeed yes!! 

This has been posted before, but it's my favorite LuLaRoe reject by far:

image.png.2b61c5049229059dd648020294e2c870.png

• LOL 16
  • Love 1

It's my fave too.  The Leaning Tower of Penis, upside down.

Now I wonder if the owner of those OOAK leggings sold them on eBay for big bucks, like other weird things that have brought lots of $ there.  I remember reading that someone had a piece of toast or some other mundane thingk, but an image of the Virgin Mary was burned on it.  Don't quote me on that, but I swear it was something that off-the-wall.

Spoiler

I watched the valentine episode that's On Demand

ETA:  Meri is pissed to hear Robyn's house sold first.

I've never used the spoiler thing, so I want to test it.

Edited by xwordfanatik
to add a spoiler
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I remember reading that someone had a piece of toast or some other mundane thingk, but an image of the Virgin Mary was burned on it.  Don't quote me on that, but I swear it was something that off-the-wall.

So I remembered hearing about weird shaped Cheetos for sale on Ebay and I googled it - I KID YOU NOT - someone bid $20.00 for a Cheeto shaped like a penis!  There is another "Lion King" Cheeto listed for over three grand!!!  https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xcheeto.TRS0&_nkw=cheeto&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_osacat=0&_odkw=cheetoh

662 weird Cheeto listings.  People are stupid.  Both for listing AND for buying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I wonder if the owner of those OOAK leggings sold them on eBay for big bucks, like other weird things that have brought lots of $ there.  I remember reading that someone had a piece of toast or some other mundane thingk, but an image of the Virgin Mary was burned on it.  Don't quote me on that, but I swear it was something that off-the-wall.

Hide contents

I watched the valentine episode that's On Demand

ETA:  Meri is pissed to hear Robyn's house sold first.

I've never used the spoiler thing, so I want to test it.

one of my fave episodes of Johnny Carson was a lady who brought her collection of unique potato chips... I don't recall the shapes but something like Abraham Lincoln and other famous people... she was so proud and handling them with such care and when she looked away for a second Johnny snuck a chip from a bowl in his desk and chomped into it and chewed it up... she turned around looking like she was gonna have a heart attack or kill him! lololol

I also watched the Valentine episode and I agree... it was snarkalicious!!!!   😋

• LOL 6
45 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now I wonder if the owner of those OOAK leggings sold them on eBay for big bucks, like other weird things that have brought lots of $ there. 

You can own your very own look-alike:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lularoe-leggings-os-landmark-effiel-tower-statue-of-liberty-pisa/153208526452?hash=item23abf09674:g:YK4AAOSwk99akHUu

$23.99 plus shipping.  What a bargain!  😄

OMG!! HA HA HA HA HA! -  

image.png

image.png

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 8
4 hours ago, Kyanight said:

"The Irma top is a loose, knit “high-low” tunic, with fitted mid-length sleeves. With extra length in the back,   boat necked, ill fitting, low quality T-shirt that they say is the perfect pairing partner to any of our fabulous LuLaRoe Leggings."

...fixed it 😀

3 hours ago, crimson23 said:

Why does the look on Meri's face always look so posed, frozen and insane??

That is the face that Meri has now perfected as her Instagram face.  With her eyes really wide open and frozen in place.  It's quite creepy in my opinion...

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

That's funny.  Guess what room we stayed in.  Yep. The Bee Room.  LOL. Score one for the hubby. 

Men always know for sure, if there is a TV involved.   I thought the room was very pretty.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I found this pic of the "Bee Room" so I guess they have TV's in the rooms 👍

rsz_screenshot_746.jpg

Do they provide binoculars to see that tiny thing? 

I know some folks like B&Bs but they seem terrible to me. From the lack of a spa/gym to being forced to speak to strangers over breakfast, it’s a solid nope for me. Let me get my coffee and boiled egg and retreat back to my room without using any words. 

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

From the lack of a spa/gym to being forced to speak to strangers over breakfast, it’s a solid nope for me.

Big ditto.  Exactly why I will never take a cruise - locked up in the middle of an ocean with thousands of strangers I'm forced to be with and no way off.  No way.

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Do they provide binoculars to see that tiny thing? 

I know some folks like B&Bs but they seem terrible to me. From the lack of a spa/gym to being forced to speak to strangers over breakfast, it’s a solid nope for me. Let me get my coffee and boiled egg and retreat back to my room without using any words. 

When we stayed in B&Bs in the UK we never once shared breakfast with anyone - we were always the only ones eating the meal.  Not sure why - but guess we were really lucky!   

• Love 3

Must confess . . . I'm an extrovert, married to a very quiet (but wonderful) introvert.  Cruises and B&Bs give me social interaction, so a vacation done that way is REALLY an awesome thing for me.  Hubby loves that he's off the hook for chatting with me, since I have lots of other people who are as happy to chat as I am.

• Love 12

AZ, I've always admired extroverted people, and envy them as well.  Mr. Xword is the extrovert in our marriage.  He can talk to anyone about practically anything.  I'm very reserved and fill like I never know what to say in social situations.  I don't even like chatting on the phone.

I rilly wonder what it would be like to go on a LuLaCrap cruise.  All those hideous prints in a small space, and I'd probably end up with a migraine.  That Deann woman gives me the heebie-jeebies, just looking at her.  Everyone fawning over our dear Meri would be nauseating.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

AZ, I've always admired extroverted people, and envy them as well.  Mr. Xword is the extrovert in our marriage.  He can talk to anyone about practically anything.  I'm very reserved and fill like I never know what to say in social situations.  I don't even like chatting on the phone.

I rilly wonder what it would be like to go on a LuLaCrap cruise.  All those hideous prints in a small space, and I'd probably end up with a migraine.  That Deann woman gives me the heebie-jeebies, just looking at her.  Everyone fawning over our dear Meri would be nauseating.  

Same here, I am the introvert and hubby can talk to anyone.  Opposites attract!

Can you imagine signing up for a nice, relaxing cruise and finding that half of the boat is full of legit crazy people walking around singing loudly, laughing way too hard, and dressed in shock-inducing clothing combinations?  And then, when you can't help but stare at these people, they yell out, "THANKS!!  IT'S LULAROE!!!  Can I interest you in becoming ONE OF US?!!"  I would hide out in my cabin and demand to be let off at the next port of call, then I would sue to get all my money back.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
9 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Same here, I am the introvert and hubby can talk to anyone.  Opposites attract!

Can you imagine signing up for a nice, relaxing cruise and finding that half of the boat is full of legit crazy people walking around singing loudly, laughing way too hard, and dressed in shock-inducing clothing combinations?  And then, when you can't help but stare at these people, they yell out, "THANKS!!  IT'S LULAROE!!!  Can I interest you in becoming ONE OF US?!!"  I would hide out in my cabin and demand to be let off at the next port of call, then I would sue to get all my money back.

I loathe pyramid schemes.  And I would be ashamed to be involved in one, using my friends' and family's affection for me, to support myself financially.  

• Love 10

I've only seen one person on a cruise wearing LulaRoe.  Thank goodness.

I'd never go on a "theme" cruise if I knew ahead of time that there would be a large group of people involved with that theme.  There are lots of activities where smaller groups of like-minded people can get together (veterans, knitters/crocheters), but it's easy to either join up or avoid them.

Now . . . if there's a Harry Potter trivia quiz, watch out!  I'll be there!!!

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

I've only seen one person on a cruise wearing LulaRoe.  Thank goodness.

I'd never go on a "theme" cruise if I knew ahead of time that there would be a large group of people involved with that theme.  There are lots of activities where smaller groups of like-minded people can get together (veterans, knitters/crocheters), but it's easy to either join up or avoid them.

Now . . . if there's a Harry Potter trivia quiz, watch out!  I'll be there!!!

I LOVE Harry Potter - and so do my kids.

• Love 6