Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, suomi said:

It's come full circle. Kody spent time talking with Meri privately because she's the only wife who isn't "over" him, tired of him, pissed off at him. 

I was holding my breath, waiting for him to pop the question........"Meri, could you help us out of this financial mess?"

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, suomi said:

It's come full circle. Kody spent time talking with Meri privately because she's the only wife who isn't "over" him, tired of him, pissed off at him. 

And Meri keeps pining after the jerk! It’s so sloppy and desperate, it’s gotta be TLC’s doing. Or is she that deluded? 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

When Kootie stayed behind at Meri's to talk to her privately I couldn't take my eyes off Meri's bare feet and her BIG TOE stretching and flexing as her foot went round and round... It was almost hypnotic  😮

I noticed that - and then I was annoyed that it kept catching my eye, because she never stopped doing it!  Then I looked at her other foot (on the floor) and she has a knuckle on it that is as big as a golf ball.   I think I would have worn Christmas socks, lol.

• LOL 10
6 hours ago, suomi said:

2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

And Meri keeps pining after the jerk! It’s so sloppy and desperate, it’s gotta be TLC’s doing. Or is she that deluded? 

Ah, the Eternal Love/Hate Dance of Meri and Kody......

I am one who believes that Kody is going to come sniffing back around to ol' Mere.  Janelle is too checked out, Christine is too needy and Robyn seems to want to surgically remove his man-parts and keep them in her purse, so where else can a poor, overwrought man-child go to escape those horrible shrews?  Why, to the blissed-out hillside home of the one ex-wife who, for some reason, still seems to want him - the wife who lives in quiet solitude, with none of those pesky children begging for a father's time and guidance, the one with more bedrooms than the other three wives put together.  I can totally see the Kodester hiding out at Meri's, to relax on the couch and be lulled to sleepy-time by the trickling stairway waterfall.  Time will tell!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Ah, the Eternal Love/Hate Dance of Meri and Kody......

I am one who believes that Kody is going to come sniffing back around to ol' Mere.  Janelle is too checked out, Christine is too needy and Robyn seems to want to surgically remove his man-parts and keep them in her purse, so where else can a poor, overwrought man-child go to escape those horrible shrews?  Why, to the blissed-out hillside home of the one ex-wife who, for some reason, still seems to want him - the wife who lives in quiet solitude, with none of those pesky children begging for a father's time and guidance, the one with more bedrooms than the other three wives put together.  I can totally see the Kodester hiding out at Meri's, to relax on the couch and be lulled to sleepy-time by the trickling stairway waterfall.  Time will tell!

He might want to crash on her couch for convenience, but based on his body language, he doesn’t want a romantic connection with her. Kody didn’t even give her a hug goodbye as he rushed out the door following their conversation. it was more like, “Yeah, ok, nice chat bro, see ya!”’

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

He might want to crash on her couch for convenience, but based on his body language, he doesn’t want a romantic connection with her. Kody didn’t even give her a hug goodbye as he rushed out the door following their conversation. it was more like, “Yeah, ok, nice chat bro, see ya!”’

You noticed that, too?  He doesn't want to even touch her.  I would be willing to bet that he has not made love to her since long before her catfishing episode.  MAYBE he was still able to perform now and then during those "dark times in history", (If he didn't have blue balls from being with Robyn 16 times a day) but do you sincerely think he has anything to do with her after it all came out?  With that honking huge ego of his?

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Meri has two master bedrooms, so I don't doubt that Kodouche hides out there when she is out of town and to escape the wives and children when they annoy him.  Meri is probably thrilled just to have the other wives think she is back in the rotation, even though Kody is still disgusted by her.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

There's about as much romance between K&M as there is in a stale liverwurst sandwich. 

• LOL 9

I'm not sure if I've ever heard about this before... the whole catfish thing was so creepy I skipped over a lot.... anyways is this true?

Meri Was Assaulted While Pregnant

In addition, Jackie Overton posing as Sam Cooper allegedly found out that Meri was physically assaulted by one of her sister wives. According to Overton, the other wife got into a tense argument with Meri during her pregnancy. In the heat of the moment, the wife grabbed Meri by her shoulders and kneed Meri in the stomach. Because of this, Meri refused to talk to this wife for several months. Do you think that’s enough of a punishment, or would you be harsher with the offending sister?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm not sure if I've ever heard about this before... the whole catfish thing was so creepy I skipped over a lot.... anyways is this true?

Meri Was Assaulted While Pregnant

In addition, Jackie Overton posing as Sam Cooper allegedly found out that Meri was physically assaulted by one of her sister wives. According to Overton, the other wife got into a tense argument with Meri during her pregnancy. In the heat of the moment, the wife grabbed Meri by her shoulders and kneed Meri in the stomach. Because of this, Meri refused to talk to this wife for several months. Do you think that’s enough of a punishment, or would you be harsher with the offending sister?

I hate to give this kind of stuff any comments, but over on reddit there is someone who brought this up with a different twist that Meri assaulted Janelle while Janelle was pregnant.  I read a lot...and especially during the catfish years I read even more than a lot.  I remember both of these being randomly put online but the person on Reddit is telling people that it is in their book.  I've read the book and it isn't in there.  It's just online gobbly gook in my opinion.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

Maybe Meri tripped in her clodhoppers and fell on Janelle's knee. Logan and Aspyn were both born before Mariah, and Janelle was pregnant with Maddie, so all three wives were together when Meri was pregnant with Snowflake.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, Kyanight said:

You noticed that, too?  He doesn't want to even touch her.  I would be willing to bet that he has not made love to her since long before her catfishing episode.  MAYBE he was still able to perform now and then during those "dark times in history", (If he didn't have blue balls from being with Robyn 16 times a day) but do you sincerely think he has anything to do with her after it all came out?  With that honking huge ego of his?

Don't you remember when they went to Utah to check out the B&B Kody ANNOUNCED that Nope, they are NOT having sex.  No siree, unh unh, no sex, not happening.  Think what you want about Meri, but I thought that was one of the most gratuitously cruel things he could do.  Not only talk about their sex life (which should be private) but announce that he ain't going near that.  If he wanted to humiliate her, mission accomplished.

• Love 12

And he humiliated her again when they were in Flagstaff looking at rentals and Meri asked why he got a room with two beds. Of course she walked into that one.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
24 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Was there even another sister wife when Meri was pregnant with whatsherface?  Isn't she the oldest one of the Kodouchecanoe clan??

The three oldest are:

Logan - May 21, 1994 (Janelle)

Aspyn - March 14, 1995 (Christine)

Mariah - July 29, 1995 (Meri)

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

A pencil sketch of what looks like an abandoned house that bears no resemblance to the real thing.  Yeah, amazing work there Mer.

It looks like she used the photo that was the old "back then"  photo for the logo drawing. That was the shape it was originally

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

It looks like she used the photo that was the old "back then"  photo for the logo drawing. That was the shape it was originally

Looks like they dressed it up a bit with the wrap around porch to elevate the exterior from basic farmhouse to Victorian look.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Don't you remember when they went to Utah to check out the B&B Kody ANNOUNCED that Nope, they are NOT having sex.  No siree, unh unh, no sex, not happening.  Think what you want about Meri, but I thought that was one of the most gratuitously cruel things he could do.  Not only talk about their sex life (which should be private) but announce that he ain't going near that.  If he wanted to humiliate her, mission accomplished.

He’s repulsed by her.  There’s nothing there but “bro” moments.

Doesn’t help that Meri has turned herself into something resembling a lumbering weeble-wobble with a metallic-orange face. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_648.jpg

What does BlairMichael have to do with Audge's pencil sketch of Meri's B&B?  Meri seems to feel a strong need to shout out her good friend Blair on just about everything she does.  If she's trying to make the Kodester jealous, pretty sure she's failing miserably.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

That “logo” was done quite a while ago. Seems to me, if Meri’s friend hadn’t seen it yet, an email, or text would have made more sense.

Edited to add, the logo was shown on Instagram July 2018.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

And black towels.... Ugh no thanks I'll be using one of your white ones.

Why would you say that???? Ugh you're obviously using black because you can't get them clean and they're stained... Yuck don't want that near my face. 

Calling Gordon Ramsay with his Hotel Hell crew and ultra violet lights!

• LOL 16
On 1/25/2020 at 9:06 AM, Kohola3 said:

No jacket that could possibly zip?

Another horribly staged picture that makes the place look, well, bleak.

Agreed.  Not to only snark, but honestly the physical setup of that pic is bbaadd.  Boring, monotone backdrop.  Why not be out in the front yard with the cute house in the background, standing maybe next to a snowman wearing a scarf at a jaunty angle, or while sitting on a sled?  Meri needs to take some advertising courses....sheesh.  

• Love 6
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

718CA8AA-3B3B-4281-984C-72152CC2643B.jpeg

0AAB99DC-C9C8-4DB6-B73B-AEAC9507769B.jpeg

Huh??  Clearly this is not for the benefit of their patrons.  As posted above, it's because they don't want to have to wash makeup off of white towels or pillowcases, so this basically tells women that they better make damn sure they get all that crap off before soiling the linens at Lizzie's.  And I find it humorous that someone who trowels on orange foundation and sets it with bronzer and 14 layers of eyeliner is the one telling other women that they'd better be careful with their makeup.  Great PR, there, Mere.

#usetheseblacktowelsorwechargeyouextra

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Huh??  Clearly this is not for the benefit of their patrons.  As posted above, it's because they don't want to have to wash makeup off of white towels or pillowcases, so this basically tells women that they better make damn sure they get all that crap off before soiling the linens at Lizzie's. 

Spot on.  "You're welcome" indeed - what makes her think that's something a guest dreams of, making things easier for her?  Moron.

• Love 9

Snowy white towels and linens send a message: "We got nothin' to hide."

I've encountered the little black towels embroidered with Makeup a couple times and absolutely did NOT use them. Barf.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

Dumb.  Dumb.  Dumb.

I've heard of moms keeping one black or dark red washcloth for cleaning up blood when their kid cuts their hand or something, but that's the only time it makes sense.  Less traumatic for the kid if they don't see the blood so much.

But for makeup removal?  FTS.  Leave it to Meri to think that's a good idea.  No.  No.  No.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe Meri decided that Bonnie should do the B&B laundry using a washboard to - you know - keep the historical authenticity of the place and all, and Bonnie couldn't get the makeup stains out by hand.

Now there's a tourist draw they're missing.  They could have Bonnie out there in the side yard in a prairie dress, with a cast iron tub over a firepit, boiling up the daily linens with the smell of javel drifting through the neighborhood.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Maybe Meri decided that Bonnie should do the B&B laundry using a washboard to - you know - keep the historical authenticity of the place and all, and Bonnie couldn't get the makeup stains out by hand.

Maybe she can take them home to Flagstaff and wash them in the stream running through the house.  At least it would be useful.

• LOL 14
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

You know white towels - I've found they're fairly easy to keep white. I've discovered two substances that really make a difference - bleach and bluing. 

😂😂😂😂

Exactly I love white towels, face cloths etc and it isn't that hard to keep them white.

I wash mine in hot water with a good detergent and I add half a cup of "SO CLEAN" and my whites are WHITE.

I still can't believe her black towel post... It's so stupid.. she has no business sense at all. 🙄

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly I love white towels, face cloths etc and it isn't that hard to keep them white.

I wash mine in hot water with a good detergent and I add half a cup of "SO CLEAN" and my whites are WHITE.

I still can't believe her black towel post... It's so stupid.. she has no business sense at all. 🙄

None of them do.  Meri sure knew how to snag suckers into her LuLaHell downline, though.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Almost all hotels do that now.  Agree though if they are bleaching not sure why they can't get the makeup out.  Unless they are jamming the washers so full that nothing is really getting clean.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Sandy W said:
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Now there's a tourist draw they're missing.  They could have Bonnie out there in the side yard in a prairie dress, with a cast iron tub over a firepit, boiling up the daily linens with the smell of javel drifting through the neighborhood.

Ok, this is something I was wondering after this subject was mentioned somewhere just a few days ago.  What exactly WOULD be the attraction for tourists in regards to a polygamist's house?  Because I honestly don't get it.  Some dude lived here that had more than one wife.  o...kay......    I get the pioneer interest - but you could have that in many different places.  It's not like the B&B is preserved from the 1800's.  It's been remodeled and although the furnishings might be dated - they are clearly from the 20th century, with the exception of maybe some knickknacks here and there for show and some photographs.  So?  What is the draw, exactly???  What am I missing here?

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Ok, this is something I was wondering after this subject was mentioned somewhere just a few days ago.  What exactly WOULD be the attraction for tourists in regards to a polygamist's house?  Because I honestly don't get it.  Some dude lived here that had more than one wife.  o...kay......    I get the pioneer interest - but you could have that in many different places.  It's not like the B&B is preserved from the 1800's.  It's been remodeled and although the furnishings might be dated - they are clearly from the 20th century, with the exception of maybe some knickknacks here and there for show and some photographs.  So?  What is the draw, exactly???  What am I missing here?

The thing is... Meri's ancestors who built and lived in the house including the venerated Lizzie were. Not. Polygamist.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
Just now, DakotaJustice said:

The thing is... Meri's ancestors who built and lived in the house including the venerated Lizzie were. Not. Polygamist.

And... even if they WERE........ Zz.z.z.Z.z.z.z......zzz.........

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

And... even if they WERE........ Zz.z.z.Z.z.z.z......zzz.........

Hahaaaaaa
I still remember Kody running from room to room saying that the separate outside doors were "proof" that the B&B was a Plyg Mansion. 
No, it's just proof that Vicky was running a B&B and knew that visitors like to have their own private entrance. 

• Love 9