Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

Just now, Kyanight said:

I LOVE Harry Potter - and so do my kids.

But do you have a whole room (our guest bedroom) decorated with Harry Potter stuff?  LOL.  And a Harry Potter tattoo????

Okay . . . back to Meri et al.  Don't want to get in trouble for going off-topic.  Sorry, Mods!!!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

But do you have a whole room (our guest bedroom) decorated with Harry Potter stuff?  LOL.  And a Harry Potter tattoo????

Okay . . . back to Meri et al.  Don't want to get in trouble for going off-topic.  Sorry, Mods!!!

No, I don't have any tats or magical rooms, lol.  As for the topic - Meri has LulaRoe decorated rooms!  Lucky her!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

Do Meri or any of the Browns have tats besides Woke Snowflake?  

The cutest tat I've seen belongs to my ex-brother-in-law.  It's a small Pooh bear.

I passed up a shirt at a flea market that some hippie-dippy guy was selling.  Harry Pothead!  I kind of wish I had bought one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

I LOVE Harry Potter - and so do my kids.

Our local symphony has been doing Harry Potter movie/concerts.  They do them twice a year...the movie plays on a giant screen and the symphony plays the movie score.  Butterbeer is sold. 🙂  Half-Blood Prince is coming up at the end of this month - my sister and I have been to all of them so far.

Kind of back OT - if a person signs up for a cruise, do they necessarily know ahead of time that conventions, such as LLR, are going to be there too?  Just based on the stuff that Meri posts on IG, the LLR crew seems like quite the rowdy bunch of hooligans, what with all the falling down laughing, dance-offs, karaoke, etc.  If I were to save for a cruise, I sure wouldn't want to share it with that lot, that's for sure.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

@DakotaJustice - make sure to check her out during the couch sessions.  Unless they're talking about Mariah, Meri looks like she'd rather be literally anywhere but on that stupid couch.  It's rather fascinating.

Yeah, I was thinking about that as well. It was like there was an invisible wall between her - the great stone face - and the rest of them tittering and giggling around Kody. 

And I'm guessing Janelle was enjoying every moment of it. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm no grammar expert but shouldn't it be  "a historic"? 

"An historic" is correct if you are British or anyone else who does not pronounce hard "h"s. Perhaps used in the Utah Territory 150 years ago.  But it wasn't Lizzie's Heritage Inn back then - it was a newly built private home! 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm thinking "an historic" is correct.  Don't take my word for it; I still have trouble with "who" and "whom."  Among other thingks!  

Meri's rilly trying to promote that place lately.  All her LuLaCrap $ must earmarked for Sludge/Pudge maintenance.  

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

As painful as it is to say, she is correct.  It is a traditional rule of English that "an" is used before words that begin with an H sound if the first syllable of that word is not stressed.  

It would be "a" before, say, helpful because the "help" syllable is stressed,

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

I googled the "Grammar Girl" and she says:

So many of you asked whether a historic should have been an historic that I thought I'd better answer the question here, even though it was the topic of last week's Grammar Girl podcast and there was a link to it in the newsletter.

The choice between a and an is governed by the first sound of the next word. If it's a consonant sound, choose a; if it's a vowel sound, choose an. Although there are regional variations, the standard American pronunciation of historic starts with a consonant sound (just like the words hit and hipster), so the correct choice is a historic. There's nothing special about historic that exempts it from the standard rule."

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/a-historic-versus-an-historic

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I googled the "Grammar Girl" and she says:

So many of you asked whether a historic should have been an historic that I thought I'd better answer the question here, even though it was the topic of last week's Grammar Girl podcast and there was a link to it in the newsletter.

The choice between a and an is governed by the first sound of the next word. If it's a consonant sound, choose a; if it's a vowel sound, choose an. Although there are regional variations, the standard American pronunciation of historic starts with a consonant sound (just like the words hit and hipster), so the correct choice is a historic. There's nothing special about historic that exempts it from the standard rule."

https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/a-historic-versus-an-historic

Joan, you are right!  How often I've heard it the other way.  I should never doubt a fellow COL.

• LOL 3
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Joan, you are right!  How often I've heard it the other way.  I should never doubt a fellow COL.

ohhh noooo... please keep doubting me,,, I'm often wrong!  😂

It still sounds awkward to me... a historic or an historic... it's kind of annoying and I'm never sure when it comes to grammar so I often google and I'm often frustrated by the answer.

Maybe if I was better at grammar it would all make sense and be easy.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Haven't you heard?  Clueless Old Lady!  Proud member here.

As one fellow member says (paraphrasing):  old age not required; COL is a state of mind.  

Oh I like that!

• Love 5
On 2/4/2020 at 12:18 PM, laurakaye said:

Our local symphony has been doing Harry Potter movie/concerts.  They do them twice a year...the movie plays on a giant screen and the symphony plays the movie score.  Butterbeer is sold. 🙂  Half-Blood Prince is coming up at the end of this month - my sister and I have been to all of them so far.

Kind of back OT - if a person signs up for a cruise, do they necessarily know ahead of time that conventions, such as LLR, are going to be there too?  Just based on the stuff that Meri posts on IG, the LLR crew seems like quite the rowdy bunch of hooligans, what with all the falling down laughing, dance-offs, karaoke, etc.  If I were to save for a cruise, I sure wouldn't want to share it with that lot, that's for sure.

How cool! The Nashville Symphony is doing that with Star Wars this month. 🤓

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures:

Using her skinny filter inconsistently I see. Why doesn't she just......DIET and be done with it? 

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_screenshot_994.jpg

Meri talking about not sulking? Has she SEEN herself on the show?!?

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

That woman is constantly in denial.  How can she be so dense?

Yeah, Meri is a Grade A sulker, victim, sad sack, and she tops it off with bullshit.

And it's not just on the show. As I recall, she's exactly the same in her Facebook Live sales, with the addition of being a total bitch.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

And it's not just on the show. As I recall, she's exactly the same in her Facebook Live sales, with the addition of being a total bitch.

I had that too - about her being very rude and bitchy when it comes to her LuLaRoe business.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 2/5/2020 at 4:20 PM, Meowwww said:

I wonder if Robyn will go decorate those cookies...then throw one on the floor to symbolize losing her virginity. 

I doubt she will touch them at all, because she needs to fit in those VS jeans because they are the only one that fit her super duper long legs. 

• LOL 9
33 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I doubt she will touch them at all, because she needs to fit in those VS jeans because they are the only one that fit her super duper long legs. 

Maybe some styles come with a stretch-band waist, because she has definitely been putting on weight since she and Kody got together.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri talking about not sulking? Has she SEEN herself on the show?!?

no kidding.  Just the idea that she seeks out a meme referring to her horribly bad situation.  Always the victim and poor poor Meri pity party.  

• Love 7
On 2/4/2020 at 12:53 PM, laurakaye said:

@DakotaJustice - make sure to check her out during the couch sessions.  Unless they're talking about Mariah, Meri looks like she'd rather be literally anywhere but on that stupid couch.  It's rather fascinating.

Whenever they are on the couch, I purposely look at Meri to see her scowl.  She looks downright livid when the other wives talk about having fun with Kody, especially when they were talking about his buns of steel.  She is so jelly of Janelle and Christine especially.  I know many are not big Robyn fans, but when she came into the picture and the dynamic changed, I think it freed up J/C from Meri's HBIC control.  Her reign of terror was over. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
27 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

Whenever they are on the couch, I purposely look at Meri to see her scowl.  She looks downright livid when the other wives talk about having fun with Kody, especially when they were talking about his buns of steel.  She is so jelly of Janelle and Christine especially.  I know many are not big Robyn fans, but when she came into the picture and the dynamic changed, I think it freed up J/C from Meri's HBIC control.  Her reign of terror was over. 

Me too! She’s either scowling, picking her fingers or looking away. It’s awesome to watch and then to see her poser posts about not sulking. 

#sourpuss #grumpyface #poser

• LOL 6
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I wonder what she's been wearing since VS discontinued the London Jean a few years ago? Maybe she uses Poshmark to find them? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures, and some blah, blah, blah:

The clothes are “beautiful”? You can find the same look at Walmart for a fraction of the price (and that’s just where Meri’s outfits look like they came from—the $9 clearance rack). 

For 80-something dollars, those jeans should be designer quality (but instead look like unflattering, cheap crap). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

The clothes are “beautiful”? You can find the same look at Walmart for a fraction of the price (and that’s just where Meri’s outfits look like they came from—the $9 clearance rack). 

For 80-something dollars, those jeans should be designer quality (but instead look like unflattering, cheap crap). 

I think the shirt is cute.  Once again she stuffed herself in a toddler's 4T jacket.

• LOL 7
11 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

A new record - 19 useless hashtags.

Ooooo!  Lots of butt kissing!!   

darla0816

I love your hair!!

28mReply

hunter_oils_

Oh you’re the cutest! I can’t believe I just found you on insta. For the record you’ve always been my favorite sister wife! You’re so cute and I’m glad that you’re having success in your business

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

OR Is Meri really behind Blair's account ? Now that would be a great reason it's so supportive and ridiculous.

There really is a Blair Michael.  I'm not sure where she met him (may have been on one of her cruises?).  He is a gay male who lives in Oregon with his partner.   Meri has posted photos of when she visited them and she also posted the floral arrangement he sent for her birthday, it was much more elaborate than the one "Sam" sent her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I think the shirt is cute.  Once again she stuffed herself in a toddler's 4T jacket.

The first shirt is okay but the "resting bitch face" and the "you do you boo" would look better on a teenager. 

And I hate those damn gladiator sandals especially in BRIGHT ORANGE 😲

• Love 8

Really Blair Michael?  You think it ‘shows how much she enjoys her business and sharing happiness with her fans’? This guy is either as delusional as she is, on her payroll or riding her coattails for his own business success.

ACTUALLY, it shows how desperate she is to capitalise on her fame, by hawking her pyramid scheme to unsuspecting fans to ultimately try to scam them into her downline, so she can lord her ill-gotten gains over Kody and her sister wives when the shows over. It actually shows what an asshole of a person she is that she’s happy to scam money from innocents that love and trust her due to her TV show, all due to a desire to stick it to Kody and her sister wives.

‘Sharing happiness with her fans’ phhfffttt!! 😂

• Love 13