Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

I’m sorry but Meri is so unlikeable that I can’t help snarking on her. I would not normally be this hard on anyone, I promise. Beauty is totally subjective. I get it. But this pic is just awful to me. Eyes are wonky, boobs disappeared, looking masculine, so obviously filtered. If she and her daughter (and the rest of ‘em) didn’t go around acting like they are so damn special and so damn brave, I’d cut them some slack.

Same. Her selfishness and narcissism cancel out any empathy I would normally have for a person in her situation.

And now with the filters—Meri if you hate your chin so much, go to a surgeon. Get the things you hate fixed so that when someone sees you in real life after seeing filtered photos, they’ll be able to recognize you. 

So. Stupid. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

50804274-CD95-4520-A7FA-30BC4E341F4B.jpeg

I wonder how many family members she was expecting.  That looks like it might feed 4 adults max, even fewer if Janelle's boys were there to watch the parade. 

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I wonder how many family members she was expecting.  That looks like it might feed 4 adults max, even fewer if Janelle's boys were there to watch the parade. 

I agree, that's a pretty small spread for a family.... it's mainly fruit and pastries... Oh and deviled eggs on the side..🤔 

I'd be fine but hubby would be looking for something more substantial like eggs but not deviled for breakfast.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Four absolute max.  I can't identify a lot of what she supposedly prepared.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Four absolute max.  I can't identify a lot of what she supposedly prepared.

I wonder if that's Christine's Mock Tapioca Puddingk on the lower left, dressed up with a sprinkle of cinnamon or cocoa powder.

• LOL 6

The recipe is still out there in googleland.  Just type in Christine Brown mock tapioca pudding.  It substitutes Cream of Wheat for pearl tapioca for some reason known only to Christine.  Her recipe serves 16, I'm not sure if the substitution is for the sake of economy or nutrition but I would balk at the texture.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, crazycatlady58 said:

I dislike posts like this. My first thought is: Don't tell me what to do.

Same.  One reason I'm not on social media.  There's a lot of that (to me) crapola.

It did look skimpy.  I would bet $ that Meri only invited Robyn's kids, and none of the other adults were there.  

• Love 6

She must be delusional to post that as though it's an impressive spread.

I mean it's a few plates and bowls with pastry and fruit....

No center piece, no flowers, no fancy napkins or flatware.... nothing to add a festive spirit.

She's posted similar pictures of Lizzie's continental breakfast or whatever and they're always drab and dull... at least there's no visible cracks or chips on the dishes like Janelle.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The recipe is still out there in googleland.  Just type in Christine Brown mock tapioca pudding.  It substitutes Cream of Wheat for pearl tapioca for some reason known only to Christine.  Her recipe serves 16, I'm not sure if the substitution is for the sake of economy or nutrition but I would balk at the texture.

She could probably buy vast quantities of Cream of Wheat with her food stamps. And maybe she or one of the kids were scared of tapioca "eyes" looking out of a bowl of real tapioca pudding.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree, that's a pretty small spread for a family.... it's mainly fruit and pastries... Oh and deviled eggs on the side..🤔 

I'd be fine but hubby would be looking for something more substantial like eggs but not deviled for breakfast.

Plus who wants to wake up on New year's Eve morning to traipse across town in the snow to hang out and eat Meri's cruddy canapes while watching the (😴😴😴Rose parade. I mean I know it's a tradition for a lot of people but...

Accuweather shows that Flagstaff had RealFeel temps in the 20’s this morning and afternoon.  Why would anyone else want to schlepp all the way to Chez Meri’s house to watch something they could watch all lazy in their jammies with waffles from the comfort of home? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
2 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

What is that in the upper right? Looks like chicken nuggets!

God only knows.  The stuff in the lower right looks like the same item but in different shapes, maybe scones or pastry?  Is the candy cane thing bread as well?

If you can't ID the food, it's not very tempting.  Note to Browns:  stop taking pix of food.  You suck at it.

brunch.jpg

Edited by Kohola3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

God only knows.  The stuff in the lower right looks like the same item but in different shapes, maybe scones or pastry?  Is the candy cane thing bread as well?

If you can't ID the food, it's not very tempting.  Note to Browns:  stop taking pix of food.  You suck at it.

Yes, the bottom right looks like cranberry scones (american style scones...). Top right?  Who knows...but they do look like giant chicken nuggets.

• Love 2

Wow. That is one very pitiful breakfast and a more pitiful picture of the horrible spread. 

Would she consider (since she insists on posting shit)...........

Using a pretty tablecloth to add to the vignette. Perhaps, a cup of fresh juice, a steaming cup of coffee (which she could just cut and paste from the plethora of Mariah coffee posts).  Perhaps a bud vase (so she wouldn't have to put herself out there too much) with ONE single flower to add color, life, beauty? Dare I say, use some garnish? 

Post what you want, people. But really, if you do post stupid shit, make it look like nicer stupid shit. It's her job as the creator of the post to add some interest, even though the crap she posts is just not interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Phoebe70 said:

What is that in the upper right? Looks like chicken nuggets!

What's in the 2 bowls top left with spoons... Looks like cocaine  😲

Is it a bowl of granular sugar and a bowl of icing sugar?

Or whipped cream and sour cream?

• LOL 6

"Made by our wonderful guests?"  What, the guests that pay money to stay there, have to make their own damn food?  FTS!  

I thought maybe it was challah bread when I first saw the photo.  Wow, I couldn't have been more wrong.  That sugar-laden monstrosity would make me sick.  

Oh, and Meri, without is one word.  Geez.

• LOL 6
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

That's one sad looking snowman... He could use a little filtering...

and the loaf looks so heavy and sloppy.

And horribly underbaked.  I'll bet that the center is raw and gooey dough.  Gag.

1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

I commend them for this but hopefully they are following safe kitchen rules for celiacs. 

I really doubt it... If someone has health issues, even the flour dust in the air is bad. In all my years of baking I won't take on specialty baking with health concerns. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

And horribly underbaked.  I'll bet that the center is raw and gooey dough.  Gag.

I really doubt it... If someone has health issues, even the flour dust in the air is bad. In all my years of baking I won't take on specialty baking with health concerns. 

Ming Tsai wrote "the book" on food allergies and sensitivities for restaurants, which probably could be adapted for home use.  He has a child who is highly allergic and talks a lot about cross contamination.  Also, I read a book called "Please don't kill the Birthday Girl" about a girl highly allergic to something can't remember and how it is hidden everywhere and how people don't understand.  If I had celiac or anything dangerous, I would be hard pressed to eat any food I didn't cook or oversee myself. I don't mean the folks who like to go gluten free or have dietary preferences that won't kill them or make  them very sick.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Ming Tsai wrote "the book" on food allergies and sensitivities for restaurants, which probably could be adapted for home use.  He has a child who is highly allergic and talks a lot about cross contamination.  Also, I read a book called "Please don't kill the Birthday Girl" about a girl highly allergic to something can't remember and how it is hidden everywhere and how people don't understand.  If I had celiac or anything dangerous, I would be hard pressed to eat any food I didn't cook or oversee myself. I don't mean the folks who like to go gluten free or have dietary preferences that won't kill them or make  them very sick.  

I went to Culinary School in the mid 90's and there was zero allergy etc info.  All cross contamination was bacterial/pathogen related.  I am hoping that schools these days cover this issue, but I'm not holding my breath about it. In my work experience allergies were not taken seriously and in the "back of the house" the attitude was "if you are allergic to a life threatening degree you need to stay home and take care of your needs".  This was NEVER my personal attitude and I was the one who pointed out things like when cutting brownie portions (different flavors were offered) all with no nuts/peanut butter should be (at minimum) cut first and then the knife cleaned after cutting the nuts and the peanut butter ones.  Few people listened to me tho... Even after an episode where a young girl had to use her Epipen and rush to the hospital after eating a peanut butter brownie that had been mistakenly served her as a plain one, the owners didn't even step up and look at the potential issue of allergen cross contamination.

It's great that Meri is offering a "gluten free" something.  But when working with the public with food you really need to be up to date on any and all possibilities. It isn't just a case of buying a "gluten free baking mix" and putting something on a plate.  I read a lot and I am up to date on many things, even tho I no longer work in industry, and I would never take on serious allergies and health concerns.  I had plenty of people who were clueless about the science of baking tell me...."gee. just leave out half the sugar to cut the carbs" or "just don't use the fat".  Um. It's just not that simple.

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
27 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I went to Culinary School in the mid 90's and there was zero allergy etc info.  All cross contamination was bacterial/pathogen related.  I am hoping that schools these days cover this issue, but I'm not holding my breath about it. In my work experience allergies were not taken seriously and in the "back of the house" the attitude was "if you are allergic to a life threatening degree you need to stay home and take care of your needs".  This was NEVER my personal attitude and I was the one who pointed out things like when cutting brownie portions (different flavors were offered) all with no nuts/peanut butter should be (at minimum) cut first and then the knife cleaned after cutting the nuts and the peanut butter ones.  Few people listened to me tho... Even after an episode where a young girl had to use her Epipen and rush to the hospital after eating a peanut butter brownie that had been mistakenly served her as a plain one, the owners didn't even step up and look at the potential issue of allergen cross contamination.

It's great that Meri is offering a "gluten free" something.  But when working with the public with food you really need to be up to date on any and all possibilities. It isn't just a case of buying a "gluten free baking mix" and putting something on a plate.  I read a lot and I am up to date on many things, even tho I no longer work in industry, and I would never take on serious allergies and health concerns.  I had plenty of people who were clueless about the science of baking tell me...."gee. just leave out half the sugar to cut the carbs" or "just don't use the fat".  Um. It's just not that simple.

totally agree with you!!

• Love 3

I cannot tolerate wheat.  I break out in huge welts and have trouble breathing.  I cannot walk down the bread aisle in the grocery store without holding my breath. Recently I was at the deli at a local market and the head deli lady informed me that gluten-free was just a fad.  I don't shop at that deli anymore.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I cannot tolerate wheat.  I break out in huge welts and have trouble breathing.  I cannot walk down the bread aisle in the grocery store without holding my breath. Recently I was at the deli at a local market and the head deli lady informed me that gluten-free was just a fad.  I don't shop at that deli anymore.

I became angry just reading this. The ignorance is profound! I get the “fad” treatment sometimes too. I wind up telling people if I consume gluten, it will eventually give me cancer (not to mention the itching and diarrhea that are immediate). 

• Love 4

Why do they looked so pissed off in that photo? Janelle looks like she could murder someone. If they believe “this lifestyle makes each of us better,” shouldn’t they at least attempt a smile?

• LOL 2
  • Love 16