Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

What?!  Becoming what, Meri?  Who were you meant to become?  Oh my gosh, this is so good, please tell us what you mean!  How did you unbecome who you were?  Does this mean you're finally leaving Kody?!  I hope so, u r too good for him anyway!!  But I hope you'll still be on the show because you are SUCH an inspiration!  To so many people!  Please tell us what you mean by this intentionally cryptic post meant to generate mystery and attention!!

zzzzzzZZZzzzzz.........

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 23
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

What?!  Becoming what, Meri?  Who were you meant to become?  Oh my gosh, this is so good, please tell us what you mean!  How did you unbecome who you were?  Does this mean you're finally leaving Kody?!  I hope so, u r too good for him anyway!!  But I hope you'll still be on the show because you are SUCH an inspiration!  To so many people!  Please tell us what you mean by this intentionally cryptic post meant to generate mystery and attention!!

zzzzzzZZZzzzzz.........

Shit or get off the pot Meri. Thee “cryptic” posts aren’t so cryptic; everyone has seen over the last 10 years that she HATES this lifestyle and would be much better off on her own. 

We see right through Meri  It is written on her pained, tear-stained face when she’s around that family (and happy face when she’s away from them) no insta or Twitter post needed. 

• Love 13

I wasn't sure where to put this but since Meri is Queen of LulaRoe.....

I follow the hashtag #LuLaRoeFail on IG.  A guy who apparently used to sell LLR posted some pictures of a group of retailers decked out in horribly-patterned, ridiculous LLR clothes and the promo was supposed to be for a new LLR line called "Black, White and Charcoal."  The guy pointed out that for this promo, half the retailers were wearing clothes that were NOT black, or white, or charcoal, thus defeating the whole point of the promo.  He was stunned that no one thought to print the photos in grayscale to at least give the customers some idea of what the promo was actually supposed to be.  He also outlined the fact that customers will buy based on the promo, LLR is promising that at least 65% of what they get will be black, white or gray but they definitely won't honor that promise except for the customers that they like (I assume this means customers who have a proven track record of buying this crap), and that LLR will turn off comments from those people who didn't get what was advertised.  It was a great rant.

And yet - this company is still making money.  I remain, as ever, dumbfounded.

• Love 19

LLRs customer base is the consultants/retailers who buy from them. They probably don't care much about what happens after that. 

Meri is enabling this by trying to convince people to sign up as retailers even though she MUST be aware that they won't do 1/20th as well as she does.  About a month or so ago she was shilling the new $500 onboarding "deal" on IG. She took that down right quick when people commented on how the reason she was doing as well as she was, is due to the show. 

• Love 9

Recently in my local Nextdoor a LLN Consultant put her whole collection up for $5 each, leggings, tops, dresses.  She sounded desperate to sell. I wonder how many thousands of dollars she lost. I wonder if any of Meri’s downline did this, I wonder how she would feel. 

• Love 5
40 minutes ago, Readalot said:

I wonder if any of Meri’s downline did this, I wonder how she would feel. 

Sad to say but I think Meri couldn't care less unless it effects HER bottom line.

JMO but I think Meri has always been a jealous, petty, selfish person... When Kootie was off honeymooning with Jaws the only thing that seemed to make Meri feel better was watching Christine and Janelle suffer.  🙄

• LOL 3
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Readalot said:

I wonder if any of Meri’s downline did this, I wonder how she would feel. 

The fact that she is still trying to lure more saps into this scam is an excellent example of how she feels.  Nothing, she feels nothing.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Sad to say but I think Meri couldn't care less unless it effects HER bottom line.

JMO but I think Meri has always been a jealous, petty, selfish person... When Kootie was off honeymooning with Jaws the only thing that seemed to make Meri feel better was watching Christine and Janelle suffer.  🙄

Yes, indeed.  Because at that time, Meri thought that she was still co-chairing the HBIC position with Robyn, to the detriment of Janelle and Christine.  My, how those tables have turned.

• Love 10

Regarding the upcoming season previews, I really hope Kody lets Meri have it. In the preview Kody said he couldn't be honest with her because she was still playing the victim--I feel like that's the best time to be honest.  Just let her have it! She has it coming.

Meri has never owned up to her role in anything, something is always being done "to" her. That's why everyone hates her. 

• Love 19
32 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Regarding the upcoming season previews, I really hope Kody lets Meri have it. In the preview Kody said he couldn't be honest with her because she was still playing the victim--I feel like that's the best time to be honest.  Just let her have it! She has it coming.

Meri has never owned up to her role in anything, something is always being done "to" her. That's why everyone hates her. 

While I totally agree with this, how would she do that?  I too want her to stop playing the victim in all of the catfish nonsense.  But playing devil's advocate - she went looking for lurrrrve in all the wrong places because Kody was giving 99.9% of his attention to his shiny new plaything, Robyn.  Can she rilly tell Kody that the reason she did what she did is because he was ignoring her - even though this is what she herself signed up for?  Not to mention, Janelle and/or Christine didn't go hunting for a sugar daddy to take them away.  And also, Meri "supposedly" asked for the divorce herself to benefit Robyn's kids (when we all know that Stealth Mode Sobbin' had her hands all over that scheme), and it's after that when things went "bananas" for ol' Mer.  Even though I can't stand Meri, I'm trying to figure out how she actually could take responsibility for her actions when everything she did stems from Kody's complete absence of empathy towards her.  I mean, he's the jerkface caveman who decided to cohabitate with four women, and he's also the fool who plays hard favorites with his wives and has since the beginning of this show.  So while I agree that Meri should own up to her part in the JO debaucle, I don't know that there is anything she could say that Kody wouldn't succinctly shut down and turn right back around to Meri.

TL:DR - Kody sucks and Meri's stuck with him.

• Love 18

SO GLAD KODY CALLED MARE OUT ON BEING A VICTIM.  Sorry for yelling. But geez! Watching this show for years has been really frustrating. Meri seems very manipulative...(well they all do, but Meri takes the cake).

Which leads me to my next thought...

How does she have so many sycophants? Have you guys checked out the comments for TLCs Instagram posts on sisterwives? A bunch of people whining about Mistreated Mare. Are we even watching the same show??!! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Agree.  She also throws up walls, because it's not safe for her.  No she doesn't like being called on her BS.  

As larurakaye said.  She needs to tell him why she did it.  She needs to be honest, you were not paying me any attention.  And agree the divorce was not Meri's idea.

• Love 18

I have a suspicion that Mare is going in to hyper defense mode since the new TLC clip aired.  She just posted on her Instagram story about how she’s not perfect but still worthy of love.   She must have really acted out this season.  I don’t know how she will ever beat the wet bar, or not seeing Mariah at graduation though...

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Agree.  She also throws up walls, because it's not safe for her.  No she doesn't like being called on her BS.  

As larurakaye said.  She needs to tell him why she did it.  She needs to be honest, you were not paying me any attention.  And agree the divorce was not Meri's idea.

This. I agree Meri was neglected by Kody, but that didn't make it right for her to kick downwards and outwards at everyone. SO many things about MEri make her unlikable--the narcissism, the constant victimhood and then the putting up of walls.

A couple different things: Meri makes it impossible to have a conversation with her. She would have to take her walls down and listen to things she doesn't want to hear, look inside herself and be vulnerable. Thing 2: I don't think Kody will ever understand, he's a neanderthal, but if she clears out all the residue that's deep down, she can bug out knowing Kody knows everything and that the other wives better watch their backs. To Kody, they're just things that produce children. 

I feel like Meri was justified in feeling put out, but she hasn't been honest about everything. She wasn't 100% victim. The longer she waits to be open, the more that dirt under the rug is going to transform into stone. 

I just don't understand why she keeps running after Kody. She's not going to win him back, ever. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 16

As awful as those therapy sessions are, I love to watch them just to get a read on their hysterically transparent body language.  They might as well have neon signs over their heads: Kody's would say, "I am perfect, and I don't know what my wifeys are bitching about now.  They must all be hormonal AGAIN.  Women, amirite??"  Meri's would be: "See how tightly I cross my arms and huddle as far away from Janelle as I can without actually being in another room?  That's because I hate her stupid guts."  Janelle, meanwhile, usually manspreads with a DUH look on her face, having no clue why she's actually there except to placate Meri for a hot second.  Christine is just there to look at the pretty decorations on the wall and Robyn ain't got time for any of it.

And Nancy pretends to write it all down, while ignoring the colossal elephant in the room named "Polygamy."

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

As awful as those therapy sessions are, I love to watch them just to get a read on their hysterically transparent body language.  They might as well have neon signs over their heads: Kody's would say, "I am perfect, and I don't know what my wifeys are bitching about now.  They must all be hormonal AGAIN.  Women, amirite??"  Meri's would be: "See how tightly I cross my arms and huddle as far away from Janelle as I can without actually being in another room?  That's because I hate her stupid guts."  Janelle, meanwhile, usually manspreads with a DUH look on her face, having no clue why she's actually there except to placate Meri for a hot second.  Christine is just there to look at the pretty decorations on the wall and Robyn ain't got time for any of it.

And Nancy pretends to write it all down, while ignoring the colossal elephant in the room named "Polygamy."

Yep!!! I wonder if Nancy would ever let them say exactly what they wanted, the real ugly truth, if perhaps things would be better between them.  It’s like they need to emotionally purge.  But they will probably stick to their safe spaces, and dance around the obvious....

• Love 7
On 12/12/2019 at 7:38 AM, DakotaJustice said:

I'm certain that if another man (a REAL man) showed interest in her and she was attracted to him, Meri would leave in a heartbeat. 

I totally agree... If she had a real man to run off with she'd be long gone.

Unfortunately instead of learning from the catfish Meri chose to get her back up and behave like a stubborn old mule.

I have a cousin who just turned 48... He's a good looking man and has never had a problem getting a date... He married young and stayed with his wife for 6 yrs before they decided to part ways and remain friends.... They didn't have children and he never remarried....Sometimes I sit here and wonder if I should point him in Meri's direction 😂

I'd love to see her swept off her feet while the others cluck like hens.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Huh?

World traveler Meri Brown has taken her travelin' pants and boots to Portland, OR.  Read the Instagram comments, two devotees of our gal just LOVE, LOVE her beat-up boots.

• LOL 6
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Unfortunately instead of learning from the catfish Meri chose to get her back up and behave like a stubborn old mule.

I have a cousin who just turned 48... He's a good looking man and has never had a problem getting a date... He married young and stayed with his wife for 6 yrs before they decided to part ways and remain friends.... They didn't have children and he never remarried....Sometimes I sit here and wonder if I should point him in Meri's direction 😂

Joan, if you like that cousin in the least, PLEASE do not refer him to Meri the Miserable.  Only do that to some guy you know and hate!  

• LOL 13
14 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Meri's problem is she comes off as brutish, controlling, manipulative and defensive. Not really attractive personality traits to draw someone in (also, it would take a forklift to sweep her off her feet). Still, there's gotta be someone out there for her. 

@blairmichaeal112 better have his shoulder pads on if ol' Linebacker Meri's comin' for him............

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Meri's problem is she comes off as brutish, controlling, manipulative and defensive. Not really attractive personality traits to draw someone in (also, it would take a forklift to sweep her off her feet). Still, there's gotta be someone out there for her. 

@blairmichaeal112 better have his shoulder pads on if ol' Linebacker Meri's comin' for him............

She comes off that way because she IS that way.  

Isn't that Blair dude gay? 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

World traveler Meri Brown has taken her travelin' pants and boots to Portland, OR.  Read the Instagram comments, two devotees of our gal just LOVE, LOVE her beat-up boots.

Beat up boots are great, IF they are quality leather and genuinely worn for a long time to achieve that look. 
Her boots are neither.  

• Love 8
On 12/10/2019 at 12:08 AM, Readalot said:

Recently in my local Nextdoor a LLN Consultant put her whole collection up for $5 each, leggings, tops, dresses.  She sounded desperate to sell. I wonder how many thousands of dollars she lost. I wonder if any of Meri’s downline did this, I wonder how she would feel. 

my sister invested over 10 thousand dollers in this PLUS bought a trailer to store it all and pull to showings. she lost it all - not because she didnt work it it either. it is tough to sell ugly stuff and you get no choice in what they send you. what you see these gals wearing is the best of the choices...some are so ugly its beyond words. yet, thats what the majority of the business looks like. here where i live is near where the main headquarters is . there are lawsuits up the ying yang going on right now. if mary is successful, you can assume safely that her investment is easily 10-20 thousand dollers. much of that money is probably sitting around in ugly, unsellable stuff.

17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There is no other carpet in the world that has the cult following that the Portland Airport International airport’s enjoys. It has its own Instagram tag (#pdxcarpet), no fewer than three related Twitter accounts, not to mention a growing collection of socks and t-shirts. 

So what’s the story behind it?

https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles/2013/12/20/a-brief-history-of-the-pdx-carpet-december-2013

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

my sister invested over 10 thousand dollers in this PLUS bought a trailer to store it all and pull to showings. she lost it all - not because she didnt work it it either. it is tough to sell ugly stuff and you get no choice in what they send you. what you see these gals wearing is the best of the choices...some are so ugly its beyond words. yet, thats what the majority of the business looks like. here where i live is near where the main headquarters is . there are lawsuits up the ying yang going on right now. if mary is successful, you can assume safely that her investment is easily 10-20 thousand dollers. much of that money is probably sitting around in ugly, unsellable stuff.

And yet Meri is traveling around, talking to gullible people and getting them to sign up under her. Of course she doesn't appear to take into consideration that she's doing ok (as far as we know at least) because she's known.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

And yet Meri is traveling around, talking to gullible people and getting them to sign up under her. Of course she doesn't appear to take into consideration that she's doing ok (as far as we know at least) because she's known.

I don't think she cares.  She's sell her firstborn if it meant making more money.  Even knowing she's probably going to bankrupt new consultants doesn't seem to bother her.  I don't for a hot second believe that she doesn't know about the multiple lawsuits against that rag mill.  The only ones coming out ahead are the owners who have money stashed in offshore accounts.

It's the MeMeMe Meri that we all known and hate.

• Love 8
On 12/12/2019 at 10:26 AM, laurakaye said:

While I totally agree with this, how would she do that?  I too want her to stop playing the victim in all of the catfish nonsense.  But playing devil's advocate - she went looking for lurrrrve in all the wrong places because Kody was giving 99.9% of his attention to his shiny new plaything, Robyn.  Can she rilly tell Kody that the reason she did what she did is because he was ignoring her - even though this is what she herself signed up for?  Not to mention, Janelle and/or Christine didn't go hunting for a sugar daddy to take them away.  And also, Meri "supposedly" asked for the divorce herself to benefit Robyn's kids (when we all know that Stealth Mode Sobbin' had her hands all over that scheme), and it's after that when things went "bananas" for ol' Mer.  Even though I can't stand Meri, I'm trying to figure out how she actually could take responsibility for her actions when everything she did stems from Kody's complete absence of empathy towards her.  I mean, he's the jerkface caveman who decided to cohabitate with four women, and he's also the fool who plays hard favorites with his wives and has since the beginning of this show.  So while I agree that Meri should own up to her part in the JO debaucle, I don't know that there is anything she could say that Kody wouldn't succinctly shut down and turn right back around to Meri.

TL:DR - Kody sucks and Meri's stuck with him.

I have no problem with Kody calling Meri out because Meri decided to be part of this polygamous circle and had no problem treating Janelle like shit and to a lesser extent Christine.  Meri is the one that brought Robyn into the fold and then got her ass handed to her.  We all know if Sam were real, she would have been outta there.  Even her beloved Mariah called her out on this.  She chose to ignore Mariah’s warnings about this being a catfish.  Meri has either admitted her part to Mariah or threw enough money her way to ease the pain. Kody is a jackass, but the problem is so is Meri.  I actually don’t even feel sorry if Robyn set out on some grand scheme  to “steal” Kody because she and Meri are both greedy.  Honestly as much as Janelle frustrates me, I wish she and Christine would just run off together and get a duplex.  Christine takes care of her kids and Savannah, cooks and does the housework and Janelle just gets a 9-5 job to pay the bills. 

• Love 13

Why is she always trying so hard to look like she is having such an exciting, marvelous, over the moon time partying and staying up till ALL hours!!!... but the pics betray her because it's always Meri and a couple dudes doing nothing but grinning from ear to ear and trying to look like they're having the  CRAZIEST TIME EVER!!

she's so strange and her personality seems like it's was stunted at about 14

She doesn't know how to party like an adult, you don't have to have your mouth wide open in every pic smiling from ear to ear.. you're not 12.... or say how you stayed up to all hours!!! omg how scandalous a 50 yr old woman sat up partying with friends past 9 pm. 🙄

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Why is she always trying so hard to look like she is having such an exciting, marvelous, over the moon time partying and staying up till ALL hours!!!... but the pics betray her because it's always Meri and a couple dudes doing nothing but grinning from ear to ear and trying to look like they're having the  CRAZIEST TIME EVER!!

she's so strange and her personality seems like it's was stunted at about 14

She doesn't know how to party like an adult, you don't have to have your mouth wide open in every pic smiling from ear to ear.. you're not 12.... or say how you stayed up to all hours!!! omg how scandalous a 50 yr old woman sat up partying with friends past 9 pm. 🙄

I agree. She truly wishes to be seen as a the cool jet setting progressive in "the family." But like her daughter, she tries way too hard at being the character she's creating for herself. Sadly they both miss the mark at being "authentic."

I actually don't think Meri has any idea who she actually is. Her Instagram life is fake and it's totally different from her TV show life. But her TV show life is also fake (this whole Meri and Kody thing was over years and years ago). So who is the real Meri?

• Love 12

You ladies above nailed it. She’s ridiculous! 

It’s seems like her whole life’s mission, is to try and make her sister wives (and Kody) envious, with her carefree and kid-free ‘party’ persona - ‘look at me with my bff’s! I’m a rebellious, travellin’ wild party animal, having soooo much fun!!’...if only she realised she just comes across looking like a lame, try-hard trying to appear young and relevant, as she desperately clutches on to randoms to fulfil her emotional needs and to try to portray herself as cooler than the other wives. It’s just sad and embarrassing. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

As usual, Meri reeks of desperation.  Her sycophants are the only ones believing her made-up "jet-set" life.  

She is a fine one to talk about empathy.  Meri is so superficial, it's pathetic.

...and communicating that incredibly healing message of "you're not alone", as Meri clearly demonstrated last week when a 'sweet little mama' suffered a miscarriage and Meri immediately launched in to describe her fillins over her own loss.  She could have related to the situation without the apparent one-up-manship.

• Love 7