Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly and the thing is you can get sparkly fabric that doesn't do that....

I have a similar dress that I bought to attend a company Xmas party a few years back but it's a lovely textured fabric that shimmers and shines but it doesn't accentuate any problem areas because it isn't paper thin and clingy like this LLR crap!

And presumably you didn't buy a dress two sizes too small.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't know about you but I LOVE to highlight all my rolls and bumps!  Again, the designer hates women.

LLN wants people to see whether you have an innie or an outie, or a caesarian or appendectomy scar.  Otherwise it is not LLN "fashion".

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

LLN wants people to see whether you have an innie or an outie, or a caesarian or appendectomy scar.  Otherwise it is not LLN "fashion".

Heck, they may want to see your lunch digest for as ill-fitting as these clothes are.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Pretty funny that Christine is the only one posting group pix from Atlanta, and that Meri has not posted anything since the two shots of herself at the Dallas airport. With all her travel posts, you'd think she'd post about this trip as well.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Pretty funny that Christine is the only one posting group pix from Atlanta, and that Meri has not posted anything since the two shots of herself at the Dallas airport. With all her travel posts, you'd think she'd post about this trip as well.

#WorldTraveler Meri is far too blase' to muster enthusiasm for a trip as mundane as Atlanta.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I often go snooping around for horror stories about LLR and the pictures are always part of the fun.

I was hopping around looking here and there and I came upon this mess.... a blog by an LLR enthusiast and she couldn't gush enough how great LLR is and blah blah she had a bunch of pics and some commentary about rompers and sun suits and how wonderful LLR is to make them for larger gals.

Well in a folder labeled  "2017 LLR Summer Fun" was this monstrosity. 😲

Surely they can't be serious that a big girl like that looks good in that horrible outfit...

I'm not sure WHO would look good in that thing. other than a supermodel and even then.. NO!

😂

romp.png

• LOL 1
31 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I often go snooping around for horror stories about LLR and the pictures are always part of the fun.

I was hopping around looking here and there and I came upon this mess.... a blog by an LLR enthusiast and she couldn't gush enough how great LLR is and blah blah she had a bunch of pics and some commentary about rompers and sun suits and how wonderful LLR is to make them for larger gals.

Surely they can't be serious that a big girl like that looks good in that horrible outfit...

I'm not sure WHO would look good in that thing. other than a supermodel and even then.. NO!

😂

romp.png

Give her a red nose and a wig and the clown costume is complete. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

And no meeting up with a "Sam."  

Oh No xword, you have reminded me of how "Sam" described his attire so Meri would be able to spot him in the crowd at Disney.  It never fails to make me lol when thinking about it...he said he would be wearing a short sleeved dress shirt with tie, knee length khaki shorts, knee high socks with oxford shoes, all topped off with a jaunty fedora.  Meri was not deterred by that description and filled with anticipation, dragged Mariah along for the encounter, only to have her hopes dashed once again!

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

he said he would be wearing a short sleeved dress shirt with tie, knee length khaki shorts, knee high socks with oxford shoes, all topped off with a jaunty fedora. 

Reading that would have sent me into a wild U turn to head toward home at a high rate of speed.

• LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂

romp.png

I hope she was well paid.  Poor girl. 

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂

romp.png

8 hours ago, Absolom said:

Curtain fringe does not belong on clothes either.

Yup, the first thing I noticed was the curtain fringe.  The second thing I noticed was how uncomfortable that camel toe must have been.  No matter what they do to "design" their clothes it seems like there is always something that never fits anyone.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Check out the shoes on Meri!  😋

witchboots.png

elegant /ˈɛlɪɡ(ə)nt/

adjective meaning graceful and stylish in appearance or manner.

Both Meri and Lulahellno need to look up the definition of elegant. They do not embody it AT ALL. The only thingk they’ve ‘knocked out of the park’ is the misappropriation of a perfectly nice word.

Meri’s shoes ARE hideous (as is tradition), but I’ll give her points on this occasion for at least losing her 80’s scrunch hair - it looks so much better this neat, natural way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Is what she is wearing supposed to be "elegant"?  It looks like a get up I'd wear to rake the yard except I'd wear real jeans and not the denim colored tights they are calling jeans.  But I wouldn't be caught dead in those awful shoes.

I think elegant I think of something nice enough for a fancy wedding.  This is......not.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Oh No xword, you have reminded me of how "Sam" described his attire so Meri would be able to spot him in the crowd at Disney.  It never fails to make me lol when thinking about it...he said he would be wearing a short sleeved dress shirt with tie, knee length khaki shorts, knee high socks with oxford shoes, all topped off with a jaunty fedora.  Meri was not deterred by that description and filled with anticipation, dragged Mariah along for the encounter, only to have her hopes dashed once again!

Is this for real??  It sounds like a cross between a British schoolboy and Don Draper.  

• LOL 7
11 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Is this for real??  It sounds like a cross between a British schoolboy and Don Draper.  

Or like Angus from AC/DC,lol. And in that outfit above, Meri looks like she's an old groupie backstage at one of their concerts 😂

Edited by Adiba
autocorrect
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Check out the shoes on Meri!  😋

witchboots.png

Some people should never wear skinny jeans (or jeggings if that's what these are).  While Meri (like a lot of us) could stand to lose a few pounds she is not morbidly obese or terribly out of proportion.  This silhouette makes her look REALLY top heavy - sort of like an upside-down bowling pin.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Just the thingk I DON'T want to wear - a Grease satin bowling "jacket."  These LuLaRag designers suck (and that's putting it mildly.)

My mother was on a women's bowling team in the 60's.  They wouldn't have worn that, either.  Synthetic sweat stuff.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Ok, I went back to notbatmanyet postings for March 7, 2015 re. the Disney trip.  My mind must have embellished it a bit. "Sam" describes his attire as "tie...short sleeve dress shirt...tan dress shorts".  No mention of knee socks or oxfords or a fedora, in fact he said "no hats, Mike and I will be "earred up", which to me is even funnier to think of Mickey Mouse ears on top of the rest of the get-up.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Some people should never wear skinny jeans (or jeggings if that's what these are).  While Meri (like a lot of us) could stand to lose a few pounds she is not morbidly obese or terribly out of proportion.  This silhouette makes her look REALLY top heavy - sort of like an upside-down bowling pin.

The LuLaNo skinny jean drives me crazy. I have no problem with skinnies overall, they are the new “classic”. But, everyone has a different shape and therefore different styles will suit them better.

I look better in low-rise jeans—anything high-rise and I look terrible (I really hate the high-rise trend). Even mid-rise can be iffy on me. So, I don’t buy those. My most recent acquisition is a pair of low-rise Miss Me skinnies and they look great (eagerly waiting for the low-rise trend to return). 

Back to Meri—she’s stuck wearing these badly fitting skinny jeans because her stupid ass company doesn’t have many choices. Not that she every knew how to find jeans that look good on her, she always wore those too-tight ones before. Also, Meri, stop rolling your jacket sleeves. It looks stupid. 

I don’t mind her shoes. Good for her for not wearing boxy clodhoppers. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Ok, I went back to notbatmanyet postings for March 7, 2015 re. the Disney trip.  My mind must have embellished it a bit. "Sam" describes his attire as "tie...short sleeve dress shirt...tan dress shorts".  No mention of knee socks or oxfords or a fedora, in fact he said "no hats, Mike and I will be "earred up", which to me is even funnier to think of Mickey Mouse ears on top of the rest of the get-up.

That's okay!  The mental image was hilarious, and totally in line with what we know of JO and her whacked-out imagination.

• LOL 5
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

That's okay!  The mental image was hilarious, and totally in line with what we know of JO and her whacked-out imagination.

My over-active imagination even thought of a plastic pocket protector in the shirt with a blue and a red Bic peeping out.

Meri was either totally naive or dumb as a box of rocks.  Despite the fact that it seems to be her happiest place on earth, she didn't even question that the venue or his clothing were not what most people would expect from a mega-millionaire.  I can only assume they thought Disney would be a good cover to introduce "Sam" and Mariah, when they just 'happened' to run into each other.

• LOL 5

Just for Meri to think she could "catch" a millionaire speaks volumes about how delusional she was/is.  So it figures she is dumb enough to think that she looks like "Flagstaff Fashion."  

Love that RBF from that picture above, of the monstrosity she was having made by that "designer" for the bogus commitment ceremony.  I am sure if the cameras hadn't been filming at the time, that Meri would have torn that young lady a new one!  She ended up wearing that green dress that was at least two sizes too small, and showed every bulge.  Janelle actually looked good, well, for Janelle.  Blue is definitely Janelle's color.  

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I am sure if the cameras hadn't been filming at the time, that Meri would have torn that young lady a new one!

I wonder whatever happened to that "designer". I bet that was one of the most embarrassing times of her life.  And captured on camera so the world can relive her humiliation over and over.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I wonder whatever happened to that "designer". I bet that was one of the most embarrassing times of her life.  And captured on camera so the world can relive her humiliation over and over.

The poor girl was in way over her head, even when she called out her mother for reinforcements.  I put it down to the Brown's pretensions that they could claim they had the dresses custom designed. 

They would have been far better off going to a  boutique that specialized in plus sizes and asking for advice from a consultant there.  Good thing that Meri and Christine were not yet involved with LLR at the time or they may have inflicted metallic Elegant Collections on the viewing public. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The poor girl was in way over her head, even when she called out her mother for reinforcements.  I put it down to the Brown's pretensions that they could claim they had the dresses custom designed. 

They would have been far better off going to a  boutique that specialized in plus sizes and asking for advice from a consultant there.  Good thing that Meri and Christine were not yet involved with LLR at the time or they may have inflicted metallic Elegant Collections on the viewing public. 

I could never understand why they did that.

Like you said go to a plus size boutique and then if necessary have it tailored for a perfect fit.

Oh well.... it was funny as hell to watch them in those awful outfits!   😂

Even Robyn's looked awful and she was fairly tall and slim back then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I could never understand why they did that.

Well, you see, after Kody had cashed the latest TLC check and spent it on a pagoda and food for 575 people, he still had $35.14 left over for his four three wives to buy dresses with (Robyn could've purchased a ballgown drowning in Swarovski crystals from the "grocery money" but apparently chose not to).  So Janelle and Christine had to go to the bargain rack at Joanne Fabrics and enlist the aid of a design student who'd just graduated the night before, and Meri had to shop the 75%-off clearance rack at "Dresses R Us" to purchase her hideous lovely slipcover dress.  Meanwhile, Robyn was snickering behind the scenes as she stopped in at the local alterations shop to have her slinky blue number taken in at the waist because, you know, she's just so darned skinny and all.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 9
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

In the valley of the jolly... ho, ho, ho GREEN GIANT!

greeen.PNG

😂 bwahahahahahahahahaha! Or, “Don’t make me angry, you wouldn’t like me when I’m angry.” 😂

Really, that was the ugliest most unflattering dress EVER. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

You people are amazingk! ❤️  Can't stop laughing.

Do any of us think Meri or her dear Sisters-In-Eternal-Bondage, read here?  I'm sure Kootie wouldn't read anythingk that might criticize dear Number One Witch that he's legally bound to.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

And as she walked out of the dressing room, she made that face and said "I LOVVVVE this dress". At the same time I gasped. How can anyone look at that mess and thinks it looks good?

I bet she was looking just at the white shrug thing and thought "cool! I don't have to close this jacket!" Bah dump bump

• LOL 5
On 11/16/2019 at 8:12 AM, TurtlePower said:

It’s nice when you fit in in a country. Israelis assumed I was Israeli until my Hebrew-that-sounds-like-a-7-year-old showed up (it was still better than the rest of my party who couldn’t really speak or read it at all).  We bummed around at local hostiles and took buses throughout the country, it was fun.   

No way to air BnB. People place cameras and staying in someone else’s place creeps me out already, even if I know them. Nope nope nope. I’d rather sleep outside. 

The Airbnbs I stay in when I'm in Mexico are in new big secure condo buildings, with top of the line everything. Mostly owned by Americans and managed by the building staff. $52 a night with a stainless steel kitchen, full bathroom, right in Zona Romantica a block away from the playa.  If I want the resort experience I get a day pass for around $50 USD. I do Airbnb "experiences" as well - first thing I do is book a food tour so I know where to go for great local food on the cheap.  I love to explore and chat with the locals! 

21 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Have you read the Bullshit Book Club blog? It's a summary of the book. Hilarious.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

The Airbnbs I stay in when I'm in Mexico are in new big secure condo buildings, with top of the line everything. Mostly owned by Americans and managed by the building staff. $52 a night with a stainless steel kitchen, full bathroom, right in Zona Romantica a block away from the playa.  If I want the resort experience I get a day pass for around $50 USD. I do Airbnb "experiences" as well - first thing I do is book a food tour so I know where to go for great local food on the cheap.  I love to explore and chat with the locals! 

Have you read the Bullshit Book Club blog? It's a summary of the book. Hilarious.

Thanks for the tips DJ, Winter set in early this year and the bitter cold is hard on my old bones.  I have been considering running to somewhere warm right after Christmas and staying there for a few months.  I have been checking out the BNBs in Mexico, Portugal, Italy, Spain etc and some offer accommodations in condos in the main parts of towns.  I wouldn't want to stay in someone's home while they are occupying it too and I want somewhere close enough to center of town that I could walk or grab a cheap taxi as I don't want to drive.

Heading over to check out the Bullshit Book Club.  Thanks again.

• Love 6