Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

I don't like Brooks, I think he is a snake..but at what point does a person have to prove anything to anyone in a case like this?

When he has figured out yet another way to eek out a little paycheck from BRAVO?

The difference being among Shannon, Heather and Vicki, only one of them has a right to demand anything of Brooks.

Vicki?  She may have a right to demand fidelity, truthiness (TM Stephen Colbert), and repayment of any monies loaned...but probably nothing else.

• Love 4

Judge Judy : Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining, Brooks!

Brooks: If I pee'd on yer leg, you'd see why they call me Girth Brooks. You wanna to see it?

Judge Judy : No, but I'd like to see your medical records.

Brooks : They were in my car, but mah car caught fire on my way here.

Ha-ha-ha-ha!!!!  Very, very good!!    ;-)   

• Love 4

Hoag was mentioned when Tamra viewed the scans.

Wrong.   Brooks and Vicki changed the story on a later episode.    On the episode you are talking about, Vicki's exact words were....We went to Newport Imaging.

• Love 8

My husband is a medical doctor. He gives zero info on patients. Won't deny or confirm.

But if someone said your husband was his doctor, then gave an interview stating that the reason we didn't see the doctor on camera was because he wouldn't allow filming (which is what Brooks said), would it not be appropriate for your husband to mention that he wasn't his physician? I guess I just don't understand why a physician would have to quietly stand by in such a situation. 

• Love 9

But if someone said your husband was his doctor, then gave an interview stating that the reason we didn't see the doctor on camera was because he wouldn't allow filming (which is what Brooks said), would it not be appropriate for your husband to mention that he wasn't his physician? I guess I just don't understand why a physician would have to quietly stand by in such a situation.

Honestly, my husband has a zero tolerance for violating privacy and he would care less about rumors. He's busy!

• Love 6

My husband is a medical doctor. He gives zero info on patients. Won't deny or confirm.

That is one thing I learned from this reunion. Don't seek medical treatment in the OC or with Dr. Dubrow or all of your business will be on front street.

• Love 16

Damn! I'm an orphan and no one has ever given me a casserole. I can't even remember the last time I ate a casserole. That's how sad my life is. I'm sitting in my office casserole-less and in 68% pain. How many tear-less cries did we see last night? We had Tammy. Megan, Vicki?

• Love 12

OMG people, we are *so close* to getting this forum locked up tighter than a drum for arguing. We're lucky its so late (or so early in the morning). ;) I surrender!

Pretty much, yeah.

Lis and I actually sleep at night. Shocking, I know. But seriously? This petty back and forth? STOP IT.

Warnings and suspensions pending me making my way through this mess. Don't say we didn't warn you. We definitely did.

• Love 7

I think what distinguishes Heather's neighbor is his name was used on the show as a treating physician and Brooks claimed the doctor recommended XYZ.  We only have Heather's word as to what the doctor said.  It is not as if the doctor is doing interviews on E. 

Honestly, my husband has a zero tolerance for violating privacy and he would care less about rumors. He's busy!

I am sure that is the standard for most physicians and this physician did not issue a public disclaimer.  His conversation was with Heather a friend and neighbor.  So I think it is very realistic for friends and family of patients to thank or mention a patient to a physician-at which time most physicians I know don't confirm the person as a patient.  I would think it not very time consuming to say he is not my patient.  It certainly stops the discussion and creates a whole new about Brooks claiming he is doing XYZ. 

Now I would surprised if City of Hope issued a public statement saying Brooks never received treatment.  That would seem a little unseemly.

Brooks has his oncologist working at an imaging center and a hospital imaging center and writing scan reports.  A busy physician indeed.

• Love 6

I think what distinguishes Heather's neighbor is his name was used on the show as a treating physician and Brooks claimed the doctor recommended XYZ.  We only have Heather's word as to what the doctor said.  It is not as if the doctor is doing interviews on E. 

I am sure that is the standard for most physicians and this physician did not issue a public disclaimer.  His conversation was with Heather a friend and neighbor.  So I think it is very realistic for friends and family of patients to thank or mention a patient to a physician-at which time most physicians I know don't confirm the person as a patient.  I would think it not very time consuming to say he is not my patient.  It certainly stops the discussion and creates a whole new about Brooks claiming he is doing XYZ. 

Now I would surprised if City of Hope issued a public statement saying Brooks never received treatment.  That would seem a little unseemly.

Brooks has his oncologist working at an imaging center and a hospital imaging center and writing scan reports.  A busy physician indeed.

Here's the thing though. Heather makes the physician look even worse saying that he disclosed that type of info. I wouldn't want to go to a doctor that I can't trust not to disclose stuff to his neighbor and other people. If the doctor wanted to make a public statement, then Heather should let him instead of passing off third hand information.
  • Love 8

IMO Vicki is the fn bitch not Briana. Briana is using the vehicle of the show her mother is in lust with to get through to her that the Svengali (Brooks) her mom thinks she craves and can't live without is a lying piece of shit heading into the sun and dragging her mother with him. Briana used tough love on her mom to break her free from the personification of evil her mother was caught up with. I think Briana with assistance from the other ladies and Andy finally got Vicki to face the music about her temporary insanity when it came to Brooks.

Yes Briana was harsh, but she needed a sledge hammer to cleave her mother away from that slimy no good Brooks.

I think this hits the nail on the head! Vicki craved someone who adored her, and Brooks said and did all the right things. She fell hard for his bologna!

• Love 5

Maybe Brooks has evidence of Vicki in a menage a trois?  

There would go her vehement screaming at the top of her lungs at Lauri on the ski trip!!   ;-)

Personally, I think that if Brooks has anything he is holding over Vicki's head, it is something related to her business, and that is why she stated she was afraid of him.  

She is probably being investigated as we type.    If she is convicted of insurance fraud, that would be a federal crime. But, I keep picturing Vicki locked up in Corona bunking next to Betty Broderick and Leslie Van Houten.      

• Love 5

I think after awhile it was more about Vicki lying to the ladies and less about if Brooks has cancer or not. It was the various inconsistencies that made the women question it all in the first place. Then Vicki at the reunion was full of changing stories. I was glad the women did not forgive Vicki when she went on her 'woe is me' soliloquy at the end. 

I hate Vicki saying that she lost her mom and that the other ladies do not understand because they have not lost their mothers. It is horrible to lose a parent, especially a parent you were close to. It is also, horrible to lose a close relative or friend. I would think that some of the ladies have lost someone they were close to, but they do not use their dead relative/friend/parent to justify their lies and crappy behavior.

I had to laugh when Tamra said she worried about Vicki, and Vicks responded "You should". It made my eyes roll so hard. She tried to say Tamra should worry because she (Vicki) was in a bad place, but it seemed so typical Vicki.

I have always been indifferent to Meghan, but I actually kind of liked reunion Meghan. She may not have been best friends with Leann, but they seemed to get along well enough where she could be affected by Leanns death, especially watching Haley deal with it. At this point I would rather they keep Meghan and ditch Vicki. I doubt that will happen though.

• Love 13

i really thought Brooks looked like he was trying to control his rage during the Andy interview. I thought he was so twitchy because he was furious.

I agree, towards the end it looked like he was gonna blow.

• Love 2

I just don't see how Vicki can stay on the show. She is done!

I don't see how anyone would want to buy insurance from her if they knew of her especially now.

One is separate from the other but when I see her now all I think is "She has lied, and not by omission, about an important life event, can you now really believe anything she says?" I have always despised Tamera and you knew who she was/is, but while  I'm not surprised at who Vicki is revealed to be, I am disappointed as to how bad it was. It sours watching her redeeming moments or watching her have a blast on vacation. It's there.

Megan, for all of her stalker investigating is somewhat vindicated.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 12

First Brooks INSISTED that he had his PET scan done at NI, NOW he claims that he had his scan done at Hoag Hospital but that the report was generated at NI. That would NEVER, EVER happen. The report is generated at the facility the scan/test was done. You work in a hospital, do they allow reports generated elsewhere that were done in their facility? Not where I worked....ever. I would take Briana's word on this over Brooks any day of the week as his "story" keeps changing, NOT Briana's.

Also, Shannon is not comparing the tests/scans, she is comparing the letterhead of both reports, which ARE DIFFERENT, very different. And, Yes, they showed a screen shot that included the letterhead on the show. I think SH site has a screen shot of it on their site. I am guessing that you have not seen part 3 yet, it is interesting to say the least.

NEVER, EVER?? Well there you go then!

Edited by Yours Truly

I agree, towards the end it looked like he was gonna blow.

We haven't seen the whole thing yet...so, maybe he will either blow or implode!!  Andy lets out a few things here and there, but likes to keep what he considers the "best" for last!!  

• Love 4

I think everyone should send Vicki a casserole. It would be hilarious. Her address isn't hard to find. Also, I think Vicki is right here in this chat forum!

I have been thinking the same thing while reading all of the posts here today.  Maybe a chocolate pie too ala Minnie.

• Love 8

Here's the thing though. Heather makes the physician look even worse saying that he disclosed that type of info. I wouldn't want to go to a doctor that I can't trust not to disclose stuff to his neighbor and other people. If the doctor wanted to make a public statement, then Heather should let him instead of passing off third hand information.

I would have absolutely no qualms going to him since he didn't disclose patient information. He had no duty to Brooks as Brooks was not his patient.

• Love 23

Brooks just makes my skin crawl at this point.  I had to keep looking away from the clips of him in the Andy interview.  The twitching, sweating, fuming.  Just ugh.

I too think he has something on Vicki business wise.  He's strikes me as such a last word kind of guy, I bet we get to find out what it is.

Glad this season is over.  Borish, slow and classless.  All of it.

• Love 6

Vicki is not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Right near the end, she first said she decided "in this last month' that Brooks does not have cancer, and deflected any criticism of her prior actions with 'I didn't know then". But then she said it was 3 months ago. Never mind that earlier in the reunion she kept repeating 'I have no reason to believe/not believe he has cancer." WHICH IS IT?

Yes it went from one month to 3 months and then during the candid convo with Tamra she said "I didn't realized until right now - when I saw Shannon's report"

I seriously don't know how they all didn't just say STFU Vicki.  That lady can not keep her stories straight.

I think Vicki was in on it and that's what Brooks has on her.  That she was a willing participant in lying to everyone.

I think her saying she lied about the IV thing to get support was a lie - she was getting backed into a corner so what else is she going to say instead of "i did it so people would feel sorry for me"??  The only other option is the truth, which is that it was a total bold face lie. 

• Love 10

We haven't seen the whole thing yet...so, maybe he will either blow or implode!!  Andy lets out a few things here and there, but likes to keep what he considers the "best" for last!!  

Brooks won't blow, but he will cringe and double over and cry out loud. Andy will ask what is wrong, do you need a doctor?   Brooks will say in a weak voice that he has ovarian cancer and its stage left.

• Love 24

Exactly.

• Love 2

There are no facts. Just rumors spread by liars about liars.

Do you see the conundrum?

I prefer facts and empirical evidence. That is the criteria I use to make decisions.

I have seen the episode about the report. I never saw the letterhead.

I'm beginning to think I will see a genuine bigfoot before I see the alleged letterhead on Brooks' report.

----

See I like the way you think. It isn't about defending it's about being so ready to accept any and all types of half truths, incomplete unverified information that has me set on an open mind. My thing is, if things not quite adding up is enough to discount someone's claim then I don't see how other claims with just as little or let me rephrase not ENOUGH sensical reasoning can be considered adequate. I have no reason to think some of the players are intentionally providing inaccurate input I don't doubt Shannon's new piece of information but rather how iron clad it is with regards to the proving this that or the other about the situation.  There are a lot of offered up pieces of information by these women in staggered ways in staggered times that just make everything sound muddy and messy. There is enough "information" thrown around that will allow anyone to piece together a strong "version" of a smoking gun but my logical decision making just sees a bunch of loosely connected details that kinda relates and may shed some light on details that don't really hold any strong bearing to anything in particular.

The strongest piece of information about anything is that some of the players have been known to lie, exaggerate, be biased, have axes to grind, be bored and are seekers of justice. All the other factors are just so all over the place and have questionable orgins, sources and agendas so yeah, I get why you call so much stuff into question Scrambled fog. Cause ummm all this stuff is far from clear and I'm inclined to see it as more messy and tangled web of uncertainties than a clarified and iron clad end result.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

This was my first season watching this show, so I've clearly missed a lot of Vicki's awfulness (and I have no doubt that it exists - there's not a decent, normal person on any of these shows)

If you have the unfortunate luck of getting the flu or other such ilness this winter and are confined to bed with nothing to do you should do an OC marathon watch past seasons. There are some classic hysterical Vicki moments!

• Love 2

I would love to see Brooks in a room with Judge Judy....he'd drown in his own sweat after she got done grilling him!!   ;-)

Meghan's fake crying was worse acting that Vivien Leigh in Gone With the Wind, when she was actually ACTING at acting at fake crying (and Rhett would have none of it).  Meghan's fake crying was worse than Tamra's, and that's pretty bad.

At least with Tamra, I can kind of excuse it, because of the botox probably freezing her tear ducts and nerves around that area, but I don't think that Meghan has had enough Botox (yet) for that justification.

And, I really don't think Meghan was as close to LeeAnn as she wants us to believe.  I do believe that they were civil and social to one another, for the sake of Jim and LeeAnn's kids, but no way in hell were they bff's!!  

I don't think Mehgan and LeeAnn were close close, but I could see them actually liking each other.  I don't think it had to be a "grin and bear it" type of thing for either of the.

• Love 6

If there are differences in letterhead, how does that prove Brooks does or does not have cancer?

Why should I rely on Shannon's word that there would be no differences in letterhead in 2 years?

Why do some people believe Shannon in this instance, but not in other instances?

Good question.

• Love 1

Another reason Brooks lied- part eleventy- he states that his cancer has now gone down to stage 2. That just doesn't happen, if you are diagnosed at stage 4 you will always be stage 4 no matter if your cancer totally disappears the next day. 

And no I don't remember which episode it was but it might have been his interview with Andy.

Stage 4, Stage 2, Stage Left, Stage Right. I am at the point now I just wish Brooks, Vicki, Brianna and family would just exit the stage.

Time for an infusion of new blood, gorgeous backyard or not.

• Love 12

I think this hits the nail on the head! Vicki craved someone who adored her, and Brooks said and did all the right things. She fell hard for his bologna!

Girth Bologna doesn't have quite the same mellifluousness to it.........

• Love 12

Vicki claims believing Brooks hurt her business.  No Vicki, repeatedly lying to people hurt your business-if this is even a true statement from Vicki.  I wonder what she would do if the RHOC role went away?  http://www.inquisitr.com/2536805/real-housewives-star-vicki-gunvalson-losing-business-over-rhoc-storyline/

Nice to see they were able to convince Vicki to stop and smile for a group photo in between all the yelling and screaming after Tamra's baptism

• Love 7

See I like the way you think. It isn't about defending it's about being so ready to accept any and all types of half truths, incomplete unvarified information that has me set on an open mind. My thing is, if things not quite adding up is enough to discount someone's claim then I don't see how other claims with just as little or let me rephrase not ENOUGH sensical reasoning can be considered adequate. I have no reason to think some of the players are intentionally providing inaccurate input I don't doubt Shannon's new piece of information but rather how iron clad it is with regards to the proving this that or the other about the situation. There are a lot of offered up pieces of information by these women in staggered ways in staggered times that just make everything sound muddy and messy. There is enough "information" thrown around that will allow anyone to piece together a strong "version" of a smoking gun but my logical decision making just sees a bunch of loosely connected details that kinda relates and may shed some light on details that don't really hold any strong bearing to anything in particular.

The strongest piece of information about anything is that some of the players have been known to lie, exaggerate, be biased, have axes to grind, be bored and are seekers of justice. All the other factors are just so all over the place and have questionable orgins, sources and agendas so yeah, I get why you call so much stuff into question Scrambled fog. Cause ummm all this stuff is far from clear and I'm inclined to see it as more messy and tangled web of uncertainties than a clarified and iron clad end result.

Yes. Exactly.

Personally, I think it would be a lot easier for me to find a conclusion to Pi than to figure out who is and isn't lying at any given time among the RHOC crew.

I don't blame people for not believing Babbling Brooks. He only has himself and his louche personality to blame for that.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 4

In general I don't accept information as fact w/o proof.

Call me crazy, but that is how I operate.

Nothing wrong with being swayed by this piece of information or that but the blatant ABSOLUTE declarations is what usually gives me pause. Especially with such low caliber investigative work from these Housewives.. Looking at you Meg.. :-P

• Love 5

I think everyone should send Vicki a casserole. It would be hilarious. Her address isn't hard to find. Also, I think Vicki is right here in this chat forum!

Vicki is too busy working.  If she is online, it is only because she is selling insurance.  She would never look to see what people were saying about her on social media.  She simply isn't interested because she has so much going on in her life.

And for fucks sake people, we have been warned about the constant arguing back and forth in this forum.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion -- can we move on?  Unless Newport Imaging wants to chime in, we will never know with 100% certainty, so can we give it a rest please?

• Love 20

I don't know, I think talking an hour a week on television about someone's diagnosis and questioning whether or not its real is pretty close to a demand. 

It sucked that Meghan didn't get any heat for her completely inappropriate investigation into a virtual stranger's health. Whatever was the truth was, it wasn't anywhere close to her business.

This was my first season watching this show, so I've clearly missed a lot of Vicki's awfulness (and I have no doubt that it exists - there's not a decent, normal person on any of these shows), but Meghan especially pushed my buttons. Shannon is lucky that Meghan shifted her mean girl focus to Vicki. I have a feeling it will return to Shannon next season.

This is another thing that bugged me.  Shannon has also given Meghan a pass for bullying her re-lent-lessly. The fact that Meghan referred to that period as a little 'blip' in their suddenly wonderful friendship, is complete, utter bullshit.  

Like I've said a ton of times in this forum, if not for Vicki attacking Meghan about her step-parenting, igniting Meghan's 'how dare anyone ever criticize me' ire, Meghan would have been targeting Shannon all season, and it would have led to something very similar to LIzzie's dinner party last season.  

The insane venom Shannon has for Vicki is ridiculous when compared to what Heather, Tamra and Meghan did to her.

• Love 14

When Bravo pulled the cancer/not cancer storyline out of their orifices, they put the burden of proof squarely on their own shoulders.

If Bravo is going to accuse someone of something as awful as faking cancer, it is up to Bravo to prove it. Without breaking any laws.

Terry Dubrow looked at something. I put a link of the video somewhere in these threads.

Dr. Dubrow said what he saw was the scan of a dying man and that he hoped it wasn't true b/c he likes Brooks.

----

Apparently whatever Dr. Dubrow looked at had nothing to do with Brooks.  I believe that Terry wouldn't have said the scan was of a "dying man" unless he really believed that - and that he knew the person whose scan it was couldn't recover, yet Brooks says he's doing better.  And he looked great in that interview with Andy (caveat of course that how you look is not the definitive view of whether you are sick).

• Love 4

This is another thing that bugged me.  Shannon has also given Meghan a pass for bullying her re-lent-lessly. The fact that Meghan referred to that period as a little 'blip' in their suddenly wonderful friendship, is complete, utter bullshit.  

Like I've said a ton of times in this forum, if not for Vicki attacking Meghan about her step-parenting, igniting Meghan's 'how dare anyone ever criticize me' ire, Meghan would have been targeting Shannon all season, and it would have led to something very similar to LIzzie's dinner party last season.  

The insane venom Shannon has for Vicki is ridiculous when compared to what Heather, Tamra and Meghan did to her.

Shannon has an interview on E-apparently after the tax date lunch Vicki went at Shannon pretty hard with texts.  Calling her vile and disgusting-so I think that probably outweighed the previous year's attacks on Shannon by Tamra and Heather.  Shannon also claimed that Vicki's texts may have been an attempt to influence her on camera behavior.  Meghan may have shunned her but she only called her crazy and unhinged which I guess in the world of RH is not as severe as vile and disgusting.  I have yet to receive my copy of the RH GUIDE TO INSULTS AND SEEDING.

• Love 17

The problem is we don't know how Heather posed the question. Could've been something like, hey my friend Brooks says he knows you, have you ever met him? If I heard it in that way or something similar, at the very least I know someone is out there lying about my having treated him. Further, I don't know what else this dude is lying about with my name in his mouth. At that point, it's not only a matter of HIPPA not protecting non patients but of the doctor's protection of their own professional reputation. Something he's got a right and maybe even an obligation, to do.

Take it from me ya'll Brooks doesn't have cancer. I should know, I'm a noncologist.

Is that what Heather said? I kept thinking I was mishearing her when she said "noncologist". Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 2

Yes. Exactly.

Personally, I think it would be a lot easier for me to find a conclusion to Pi than to figure out who is and isn't lying at any given time among the RHOC crew.

I don't blame people for not believing Babbling Brooks. He only has himself and his louche personality to blame for that.

----

Same here. I just don't approve of the hinky way "Justice" has been presented. Call it what ya want, believe what ya want it's completely understandable to believe something just ain't right in Mayberry but I am definitely not prepared to wrap the whole mess up in box labeled Legit. Too many holes and too many laughable details presented as "proof". I actually think the slap stick manner in which the the "proof" AGAINST Brooks has been presented is the more offensive of the two sides of Cancergate. LOL!

• Love 7