Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

First she expects/wants the women to send her casseroles and now she says she expected them to take her out for coffee! LOL She is a never ending pit of wants/needs from everyone! LOL

Apparently thirsty and hungry as well!!!

• Love 8

Heather in her Podcast kind of explained her relationship with Vicki.  Supportive of Vicki and Brooks but not the type to call for a hug.  According to Heather she wished her luck before her WWHL appearance, Vicki sent back a nice text.  On her appearance she said none of the other wives have been supportive.  Heather took umbrage and Vicki essentially texted her she expected someone to take her out for coffee.

Let me get this straight. All these witches piled up on Vicki questioning her about Brooks' (non)cancer because they were "worried" and "concerned" for her, Heather just sends her a damn text message and then she gets mad that Vicki said that she didn't think the other women (can't call them ladies anymore) supported her through this time? I just can't with these heffas.
  • Love 4

Let me get this straight. All these witches piled up on Vicki questioning her about Brooks' (non)cancer because they were "worried" and "concerned" for her, Heather just sends her a damn text message and then she gets mad that Vicki said that she didn't think the other women (can't call them ladies anymore) supported her through this time? I just can't with these heffas.

Really though, which "time" are we talking about now? 

Her mom dying? 

Her breakup with Brooks?

Her multitude of lies finally coming to the surface and the public finally seeing what a crazed, lying, narcissistic sack of shit she really and truly is? 

Or did she just break a nail? 

Because ALL of these "times" deserve hugs, affirmations, coffee and casseroles. In The World According to Vicki

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 16

I am surprised none of the ladies have ever brought up my one question for Brooks, which is why didn't he ever lose his hair? If he was going through all those months of intense chemo how could he have never lost any hair? Most of the people I have known that went through chemo have lost atleast some hair and didn't have that much stumble on their face all the time.

• Love 3

Some other high points-Brooks gave three different stories at to where he was when he found out he had cancer.  Vicki came up with another doozy regarding taking Brooks going to the ER.  None of the women believe Brooks has cancer and feel Vicki was complacent early on.  Briana also texted the ladies and said the account of the IV story was exactly what she had previously said and was the same as Shannon's account.  All three women said there was much left out of the Reunion and that Vicki was told by make up not to take another Xanax-rumor had her at four.

I wondered what Briana talking about five Xanaxes with Vicki and Andy was about.
  • Love 3

Heather in her Podcast kind of explained her relationship with Vicki.  Supportive of Vicki and Brooks but not the type to call for a hug.  According to Heather she wished her luck before her WWHL appearance, Vicki sent back a nice text.  On her appearance she said none of the other wives have been supportive.  Heather took umbrage and Vicki essentially texted her she expected someone to take her out for coffee. 

How many times did we hear from Shannon, Tamra and Heather "I was Brooks'/Vicki's biggest supporter!".  So who really was the biggest supporter?  I'm checking none of the above.  If I don't hear that phrase ever again in my life, I'll live. 

So, I listened to the podcast.  They're all going to refuse to film with her.  Bravo needs to put a stipulation in the Housewives' contracts stating that they must film with all cast members or they're out.  Housewives are starting to take too much advantage of it, and soon everyone will be getting everyone fired at some point.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 9

Really though, which "time" are we talking about now? 

Her mom dying? 

Her breakup with Brooks?

Her multitude of lies finally coming to the surface and the public finally seeing what a crazed, lying, narcissistic sack of shit she really and truly is? 

Or did she just break a nail? 

Because ALL of these "times" deserve hugs, affirmations, coffee and casseroles. In The World According to Vicki.

Well either way, Heather just sent a text message and got salty over someone saying that she (and the others) weren't supportive. I guess you will have to ask Heather since she is the one who sent the text message or ask Vicki in which circumstance she didn't feel supported. My point is that sending a text message while claiming your actions on camera are out of "concern" is the very least you could do so why be mad that somebody said that they didn't feel supported. It's not like Heather sent Vicki a casserole. If she did, THEN Heather can be mad.
  • Love 4

Vicki sure goes to the extreme just to get a casserole and some coffee. She should have a potluck or something. 

Soon she'll be wondering why no one baked her a pie or took her out for a pastry or slice of cake.  You can't have a casserole and coffee without dessert.  Nuh-uh.

• Love 8

I am surprised none of the ladies have ever brought up my one question for Brooks, which is why didn't he ever lose his hair? If he was going through all those months of intense chemo how could he have never lost any hair? Most of the people I have known that went through chemo have lost atleast some hair and didn't have that much stumble on their face all the time.

Yes, Brooks seemed to sail through "aggressive (his words)" chemotherapy remarkably unscathed!  The majority of people start losing their hair after the second treatment.  I know this from firsthand experience as well as being told by numerous doctors and nurses.  You lose your eyebrows, you lose your nose hairs, you lose your pubic hair, you lose the color in your face, you lose weight.  It's all gone.  To me, Brooks looked like the epitome of good health.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Love 7

First she expects/wants the women to send her casseroles and now she says she expected them to take her out for coffee! LOL She is a never ending pit of wants/needs from everyone! LOL

What she really needs is a enema bag full of Chock Full of Nuts.

I think Vicki has shown us since the beginning she is empty. Something very telling is when she claims she had a flawless childhood, perfect everything.  That is exactly what Ted Bundy always strongly stressed.    No, I am not comparing Vicki to Ted, except that there was /is something missing, a bottomless pit of emptiness.    

We saw it in her forcing her mother to tell her she loved her, forcing those men at her reunion to fawn over her and it goes on and on.   Most recently, trying to manipulate Brianna's visit to California.   When it does not go her way, she resorts to threats and tantrums.

So, I think it was the same with Brooks.  She knew all along he was conning her, from early on, but she was going to force him to love her, care about her, make the relationship everything it was not.     She had cheated on Donn with Brooks, divorced Donn for Brooks and by golly he was going to pay out for her no matter what.   He owed her because that is how Vicki thinks.

Instead of love, which I doubt she feels, she feels in money, his teeth and rented fur coats. She can never admit she is wrong.   Remember that insane argument with Gretchen?    She is screaming at her, saying she has no right blah blah blah, but meanwhile Brooks is the one who actually ended up in jail because of child support, not Slade.

If she ever feebly admitted anything, it was always with a but and a deflection.  Well, so and so did it too or she did this or that. It render the value to zero.

So, now we are at this duped stage and I do not believe a word of it.

What you have is two deeply flawed people who lie, cheat and fraud their way thru life.   The xanax made her relaxed enough to at one point, show her true self.    Her obnoxious , couldn't care less sorry she said to Meghan and Jim.   That is the real Vicki.      A sorry that is so fake, the way she said it really meant I couldn't care less and go fuck yourselves.

• Love 18

Soon she'll be wondering why no one baked her a pie or took her out for a pastry or slice of cake.  You can't have a casserole and coffee without dessert.  Nuh-uh.

You know what though, this is kind of a prime example of what makes Vicki reality tv gold for me. You're being accused of something as heinous as lying about a cancer diagnosis and your main concern is that nobody sent you a casserole. I find that pretty hilarious and brings some levity to this long drawn out crap. I don't see any of the other women bringing anything like that to the table. Just bitching, fighting and pile ons woo hoo. I don't count Shannon's enema disaster because I think that was calculated by her to embarrass her cheating husband. Yay, passive aggressive tactics against your spouse for "payback". Not.

• Love 3

You know what though, this is kind of a prime example of what makes Vicki reality tv gold for me. You're being accused of something as heinous as lying about a cancer diagnosis and your main concern is that nobody sent you a casserole. I find that pretty hilarious and brings some levity to this long drawn out crap. I don't see any of the other women bringing anything like that to the table. Just bitching, fighting and pile ons woo hoo. I don't count Shannon's enema disaster because I think that was calculated by her to embarrass her cheating husband. Yay, passive aggressive tactics against your spouse for "payback". Not.

Freckledbruh, I don't think I even need to post because pretty much everything you say is how exactly how I feel; you just word it better. :)  

Did you listen to the podcast?  These women are all set to see Vicki fired because they won't film with her, but if it comes out that Brooks actually does have cancer (the medical bills), I think some heads are gonna roll. Oh, how I would love to see their faces, especially Meghan's smug one. 

• Love 5

And if I remember correctly the doctor even went out of his way to say "If this scan is real..."

Oh noes! A doctor on camera who didn't actually schedule the scan covers his ass by saying "If this scan is real". It MUST be a lie. I don't think so. As I've said before, I think Brooks is lying, but that isn't "proof".

Freckledbruh, I don't think I even need to post because pretty much everything you say is how exactly how I feel; you just word it better. :)  

Did you listen to the podcast?  These women are all set to see Vicki fired because they won't film with her, but if it comes out that Brooks actually does have cancer (the medical bills), I think some heads are gonna roll. Oh, how I would love to see their faces, especially Meghan's smug one.

Awwww, thank you! I didn't listen to the podcast. Listening to these women's excuses about their classless actions just isn't my cup of tea. I did get a laugh when zoeysmom stated that they wouldn't film with Vicki because she wasn't "authentic". Like whaaaa??? None of them are authentic and Vicki is the only one who is. Authentically crazy, yes, but authentic. I mean these folks dragged this woman for filth while claiming "concern". Puhleaze.
  • Love 3

To save those who don't want to listen to the Podcast the story of Heather and Brooks doctor goes something like this:

Vicki and Brooks brought Terry and Heather into their story.

Dr. Cellulite-Heather went after the twins were born for cellulite, Brooks went to Dr. Cellulite for treatment and told Brooks what, when and how he treated Heather for "totally violated my HIPAA rights," and "this doctor is on probation," Vicki and brooks called Tamra and told her about Heather's tratment, so her lawyer wrote Dr. Cellulite a C&D letter, then Dr. Cellulite called and said he had never treated Brooks.  Although Heather and Terry never wanted to be involved heather felt like Brooks had forced their hand. 

• Love 14
Heather took umbrage and Vicki essentially texted her she expected someone to take her out for coffee.

Poor, poor Vicki...no one brings her casseroles.  No one takes her out for coffee.   Brooks, if you're reading this, I'm giving you two hints.  Two Hints!

• Love 4

I thought Vicki said (during part 3 of the reunion) that during her arguing with Brooks to give her more proof that he had cancer she asked to see the binder he was keeping. I think she said Brooks was upset about her asking to see it. So he refused to let her look at it which on top of everything made her begin to doubt him.

Does anyone else remember her saying it?

Yes, I heard something like that too.  I thought about rewinding, but then could not be bothered.  I'm glad I was not the only one!

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 3

To save those who don't want to listen to the Podcast the story of Heather and Brooks doctor goes something like this:

Vicki and Brooks brought Terry and Heather into their story.

Dr. Cellulite-Heather went after the twins were born for cellulite, Brooks went to Dr. Cellulite for treatment and told Brooks what, when and how he treated Heather for "totally violated my HIPAA rights," and "this doctor is on probation," Vicki and brooks called Tamra and told her about Heather's tratment, so her lawyer wrote Dr. Cellulite a C&D letter, then Dr. Cellulite called and said he had never treated Brooks.  Although Heather and Terry never wanted to be involved heather felt like Brooks had forced their hand.

Waaaayment, are you saying that the cellulite Doctor violated HIPAA (happy now?) laws and then retracted what he said? You post isn't exactly clear what happened.
  • Love 1
She had cheated on Donn with Brooks, divorced Donn for Brooks and by golly he was going to pay out for her no matter what.   He owed her because that is how Vicki thinks.

Cherrio, I enjoyed your entire post.  This last sentence is telling.  Apparently Vicki thinks that EVERYONE owes her...casseroles, coffee, R-E-S-P-E-C-T.  Andy Cohen better watch his step; she probably has her list of demands waiting and growing at her attorneys' (plural) offices.

• Love 5

From an independent standpoint the issue isn't cancer any longer, it is how Vicki treated the women individually.  I doubt anyone of them will outright refuse to film with her and it can become like RHONJ where they film and the players don't overlap.  No one is going to say, "oh poor Brooks we were so wrong."  Especially not Briana, who at the end of the day was the one providing the most damaging information.

• Love 1

Would Vicki even eat a casserole? Everyone knows that a casseroles tastiness is directly correlated with how many calories it contains, Vicki doesn't strike me as someone who would indulge in that.

While I don't think Heather's text was the most supportive thing ever, but I can understand her frustration with Vicki turning around and saying nobody supported her... I don't know specifics, but it seems like Vicki wants to be shown support through very specific ways, but she seems to just want people to know it. Like I said I don't know specifically, maybe her private Facebook says love= casserole. It just seems like someone will say something out of support like heather did, and Vicki accepts it, but then turns around and says she wasn't supported... its never enough when someone does support her in little says, if heather had taken her for coffee, she would have wanted cheesecake.

• Love 7

Waaaayment, are you saying that the cellulite Doctor violated HIPAA (happy now?) laws and then retracted what he said? You post isn't exactly clear what happened.

No, I was quoting Heather, who claims that she went to Dr. Cellulite, who is not an oncologist, and Brooks-who we saw at CUT Fitness say, "Heather, you are familiar with this doctor."   Heather is asserting Dr. Cellulite divulged his relationship and treatment of Heather to a third party.  Heather said she and corrected herself, her attorney sent Dr. Cellulite, who is on probation a C&D letter.  Dr. Cellulite then called and indicated he had never treated Brooks.  So either Brooks was lying as to the source of the information about Heather's unsuccessful cellulite treatment or the doctor is.

The other doctor Heather spoke of was an oncologist who also claims not have not treated Brooks.  So I believe they are two different instances, making two doctors who claim they have not treated Brooks.

• Love 6

From an independent standpoint the issue isn't cancer any longer, it is how Vicki treated the women individually.  I doubt anyone of them will outright refuse to film with her and it can become like RHONJ where they film and the players don't overlap.  No one is going to say, "oh poor Brooks we were so wrong."  Especially not Briana, who at the end of the day was the one providing the most damaging information.

Frankly, I don't think the issue was ever really about Brooks faking cancer, it was about trying to take Vicki down, started by Tamra.  You heard her in the podcast; she was super pissed that Vicki was warning the new girls to watch out for her because of the shit she pulls (which is actually true and a deserved warning).  She sought and got her revenge.

Furthermore, if Brooks does have cancer, they put him through hell via completely ruining his reputation, so they should apologize (profusely, I might add)- especially Meghan.  Do you think he would be able to sue her? Is there a defamation/slander case there?

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 4

When you listen to the Podcast it all makes sense. 

Probably the same number of times Brooks had chemo at City of Hope, or is Hoag or was it Newport Imaging or the ER.

Wow, Thanks for the link, it was good and it was informative. I recommend listening to it, they talk about how Vicki/Brooks started lying months before filming began.

• Love 8

I have been treated (and survived) three different cancers (cervical, Hodgkin's lymphoma and acute myeloid leukemia) in the space of four years. 

I'm so sorry, no one should be so 'blessed'.  Wishing you all the best health in the future. *(prayers available if wanted).   

• Love 15

From an independent standpoint the issue isn't cancer any longer, it is how Vicki treated the women individually. I doubt anyone of them will outright refuse to film with her and it can become like RHONJ where they film and the players don't overlap. No one is going to say, "oh poor Brooks we were so wrong." Especially not Briana, who at the end of the day was the one providing the most damaging information.

Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with how she treated them. They came across as nasty and intrusive.

Now back to my question to you. Did that Doctor violate (or was accused by Heather to violate) HIPAA laws? That puts a whole new spin on things. Why would she feel the need to draft a C&D letter if she had no problem asking the man directly if he treated Brooks? How did Vicki and Brooks know enough about her treatment to get her to draft one? Why exactly are we supposed to believe this doctor now in light of all this? Why is it OK for them to question, call clinics and harass V/B about his cancer if Heather is so upset about this doctor revealing her own medical (cosmetic) issues? Was Heather the real mastermind of "Operation Take Down Vicki" because of this invasion of privacy? The dead horse might be revived with this revelation.

ETA: Zoeysmom, thanks for the answer. Now this makes things even more murky. So the cellulite doctor and the neighbor are two different doctors and snooping instances?

Edited by Freckledbruh
  • Love 3

She's taking this "OG of the OC" way too seriously.  She must think it is an official title that warrants special treatment from the other HWs.

• Love 9

Her thirst is real.

Has anyone noticed one of the link-ads at the bottom of this page is for casserole recipes?

Funny. One of the ads I'm seeing is for a toilet-bowl cleaner. Context appropriate?

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 3

Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with how she treated them. They came across as nasty and intrusive.

Now back to my question to you. Did that Doctor violate (or was accused by Heather to violate) HIPAA laws? That puts a whole new spin on things. Why would she feel the need to draft a C&D letter if she had no problem asking the man directly if he treated Brooks? How did Vicki and Brooks know enough about her treatment to get her to draft one? Why exactly are we supposed to believe this doctor now in light of all this? Why is it OK for them to question, call clinics and harass V/B about his cancer if Heather is so upset about this doctor revealing her own medical (cosmetic) issues? Was Heather the real mastermind of "Operation Take Down Vicki" because of this invasion of privacy? The dead horse might be revived with this revelation.

ETA: Zoeysmom, thanks for the answer. Now this makes things even more murky. So the cellulite doctor and the neighbor are two different doctors and snooping instances?

Heather does say that cellulite Dr did in fact break the HIPAA law by revealing to Brooks the details of her treatment and that is why she had her Lawyers send him a C&D letter. She did NOT ask the Dr, when he called her after she sent him the letter, if Brooks was/is his patient, it was the Dr that volunteered the information that Brooks was not his patient after Heather told him what she heard. Oh, and Vicki/Brooks told Tamra what the Dr told him, Tamra then told Heather and that is how Heather found out and 1 of the ways she feels that Brooks/Vicki brought/forced her/Terry into the does he/doesn't he discussion, that and Vicki's claim about Terry/IV. Heather would not have know about this until after the CUT talk with Brooks, so sometime in March, about 2 months after filming began. She didn't know about the Terry/IV claim until right before the Baptism party when Tamra told her, she then spoke to Briana to confirm what she was told and at the BP itself, Shannon also confirmed that Vicki told her the same story as she did Briana in October well before filming began.

• Love 5

By George, I think you've got it.  Heather (Miss Perfect) was excruciatingly embarrassed (and pissed) that Brooks and Vicki told others that Heather went to a cellulite doctor (although she downplayed it on the podcast, of course). Tamra has been trying to get Vicki off the show for several years because Vicki has called her out numerous times and warned new cast members about her.

The wheels to take Vicki down started rolling the moment Heather heard that Vicki and Brooks had told others about her cellulite doctor visits, and, BOOM, Tamra had an instant ally.  Easily convince Shannon that Vicki was in on the cancer ruse, and make Meghan do the dirty work, and voila, their hands are clean.  This is also why Heather and Tamra, one right after the other, announced they were done with Vicki when she said on WWHL that they weren't there for her (coffee and casseroles!).

They overreacted to the WWHL comment because Vicki was wasted at the reunion and wanted to make amends rather than fight, which fucked up their plans.

Holy shit.  Tamra could never mastermind and pull off something this sinister, so it makes complete sense that Heather was her partner in this crime because she was SO humiliated by Brooks and Vicki spreading the cottage cheese!

Yes, this is still on a conspiracy theory level, but it all kind of adds up in a way, especially by their OTT reactions to everything that came out of Vicki's mouth.

Do not ever cross Heather Dubrow!

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 4

Heather does say that cellulite Dr did in fact break the HIPAA law by revealing to Brooks the details of her treatment and that is why she had her Lawyers send him a C&D letter. She did NOT ask the Dr, when he called her after she sent him the letter, if Brooks was/is his patient, it was the Dr that volunteered the information that Brooks was not his patient after Heather told him what she heard.

If the doctor broke HIPAA laws, I'm inclined not to believe him with regards to whether or not Brooks was a patient as he has shown himself to be untrustworthy.

PS: I thought I made this comment on the Vicki thread but looks like I didn't so I am going to reiterate here that I retract my statement about not caring how Vicki treated the others. Apparently, Vicki threw water on Shannon and that is plain out unacceptable. Period. She needs to give Shannon a SINCERE apology about that.

• Love 5

I'm so sorry, no one should be so 'blessed'.  Wishing you all the best health in the future. *(prayers available if wanted).

Thanks. I'm doing surprisingly well.  The fourth anniversary of my last cancer (for which I received a bone marrow transplant) is upon us and all seems well.  Looking back on it, I'm kind of amazed.  And I didn't have anyone taking care of me and didn't get (or want) a single casserole.  Because NOTHING tastes good (or right) when you are undergoing chemotherapy!   

I'm still thinking about the excuses being made for Vicki not being allowed into the infusion suite for Brooks' alleged chemotherapy and how it is against privacy rules to see another patient getting treatment.  If that were the case, then no one would be allowed to enter a hospital to visit ANY patient, because you might see the patient in the next bed or the next room or someone in the radiation treatment waiting room.  And every patient would have to be blindfolded so s/he wouldn't see another patient on the same floor. 

• Love 19

Not just you.  Me too.

The only possible answers to, "Is Mr. Jones a patient of yours?" are yes or no.  So if the doctor doesn't treat Mr. Jones, then he could theoretically say no, and that would be the end of it.  But what if he does treat Mr. Jones?  He can't say yes, so all that's left is some version of, "I can't answer that."  Which would leave no doubt that the answer in fact is yes.  Because he didn't say no.  I'm very familiar with HIPAA, but morally & ethically, IMO, it's appropriate and less messy to simply not confirm nor deny. 

That's how we handled it in my many years working in the medical field, and I think it makes perfect sense.

I like Heather, but I don't think she should have had any conversation about Brooks with her neighbor, the doctor.   And she certainly shouldn't have shared anything he told her on national TV.   I would have thought she would have known better.  Although Terry seems to have a love for gossip.  Not cool.

I agree with most of this,  because as you say, to deny in one instance but give the "I can't say" in the second effectively tells us that in the second instance the person is a patient.  But that's when someone calls to ASK is X is a patient.

But, and I am guessing of course, I don't think that's what happened with Heather.  Instead I think she said something like "Hey, this guy I know told me he's a patient of yours.  And I'm surprised because we all think he doesn't even have cancer, he's claiming to be so sick, but being healed through multiple sources including some non-traditional medicines, and he's said he stopped chemo or he's using chemo along with these coffee enemas.....".  Yeah, I totally get a doctor saying in response "He's not my patient!"  And since there is no dr-patient relationship, no confidentiality applies. 

As to it being inappropriate for Heather to repeat what Brooks told her, they are on a reality TV show, and he's talked about his "illness" on film.  I don't think he is entitled to the same level or privacy.

The on-TV doctors are different, I suspect they quickly say "Not that I'm treating X" because people are idiots (present company excluded of course!) and might actually think the doctor is treating that celebrity..  Plus they are protecting themselves if/when it turns out the public information is wrong, making their entire diagnosis incorrect.

At that point, if I were Brooks, I would fake my own death, grow a beard, put on a plaid shirt and go to Oregon to be a lumberjack.

This is so it would be easier to con other women, right?

• Love 4

Frankly, I don't think the issue was ever really about Brooks faking cancer, it was about trying to take Vicki down, started by Tamra.  You heard her in the podcast; she was super pissed that Vicki was warning the new girls to watch out for her because of the shit she pulls (which is actually true and a deserved warning).  She sought and got her revenge.

Furthermore, if Brooks does have cancer, they put him through hell via completely ruining his reputation, so they should apologize (profusely, I might add)- especially Meghan.  Do you think he would be able to sue her? Is there a defamation/slander case there?

If Brooks sues Meghan, Tamra, Heather and/or Briana first thing he has to prove is that they knew he had cancer.  He had not provided any substantial proof to them directly.  Second, it is their opinion based on an entire now year long period of circumstances. Circumstances at best could be described as rebuttable. As to ruining his reputation he would have to show proof of monetary loss as Brooks reputation as it stands was not stellar to begin with-and I am talking hookers and the stuff they have on tape.  The crux of defamation is that a person knew the truth and made the statement knowing it was false.

Also, Brooks won't be able to trot out select documents, he will be sent a set of interrogatories and asked who his treating physicians were and copies of the billing and Brooks medical records will be subpoenaed  copied and forwarded directly to the defendants.  Also any claims Brooks has made such as being treated at MD Anderson and various other sources will be subject to the same scrutiny.

So of course Brooks can sue.  I am wondering if there are attorneys lined up to take his case(s). 

• Love 7

I agree with most of this, because as you say, to deny in one instance but give the "I can't say" in the second effectively tells us that in the second instance the person is a patient. But that's when someone calls to ASK is X is a patient.

But, and I am guessing of course, I don't think that's what happened with Heather. Instead I think she said something like "Hey, this guy I know told me he's a patient of yours. And I'm surprised because we all think he doesn't even have cancer, he's claiming to be so sick, but being healed through multiple sources including some non-traditional medicines, and he's said he stopped chemo or he's using chemo along with these coffee enemas.....". Yeah, I totally get a doctor saying in response "He's not my patient!" And since there is no dr-patient relationship, no confidentiality applies.

I don't see how that makes much of a difference. All that tells me is that the doctor isn't smart enough to evade someone's indirect questioning. Why wouldn't he just cut her off at the pass and say that he can't discuss/disclose anything?

PS: In light of this HIPAA violating cellulite Doctor, I find it rich that Heather would even ASK a doctor this.

ETA: I'd like to add that while I agree with most things above, Brooks wouldn't need to prove direct monetary damages such as loss wages. If you make someone a pariah based on known lies (which isn't the case here), you can get monetary damages.

Edited by Freckledbruh
  • Love 1

If Brooks sues Meghan, Tamra, Heather and/or Briana first thing he has to prove is that they knew he had cancer.  He had not provided any substantial proof to them directly.  Second, it is their opinion based on an entire now year long period of circumstances. Circumstances at best could be described as rebuttable. As to ruining his reputation he would have to show proof of monetary loss as Brooks reputation as it stands was not stellar to begin with-and I am talking hookers and the stuff they have on tape.  The crux of defamation is that a person knew the truth and made the statement knowing it was false.

Also, Brooks won't be able to trot out select documents, he will be sent a set of interrogatories and asked who his treating physicians were and copies of the billing and Brooks medical records will be subpoenaed  copied and forwarded directly to the defendants.  Also any claims Brooks has made such as being treated at MD Anderson and various other sources will be subject to the same scrutiny.

So of course Brooks can sue.  I am wondering if there are attorneys lined up to take his case(s). 

Thanks for that detailed explanation, zoeysmom!

• Love 1

I don't know all of the circumstances surround Brooks alleged chemo treatment, but if he did manage to do chemo without losing his hair, he could make a pretty penny. My mom didn't do chemo, but she did have radiation treatment, and she still lost her hair, not as much as someone with chemo but enough that for her funeral we had to get a wig (her cancer was too advanced when it was found, chemo wouldn't have helped, radiation was just to shrink some of the tumors on her brain to relieve symptoms, she passed away 2 weeks after she started radiation and 5 weeks after discovering she had cancer).

• Love 5

Well either way, Heather just sent a text message and got salty over someone saying that she (and the others) weren't supportive. I guess you will have to ask Heather since she is the one who sent the text message or ask Vicki in which circumstance she didn't feel supported. My point is that sending a text message while claiming your actions on camera are out of "concern" is the very least you could do so why be mad that somebody said that they didn't feel supported. It's not like Heather sent Vicki a casserole. If she did, THEN Heather can be mad.

I feel like what you are saying is taking Heather’s statement out of context.

Heather has certainly supported Vicki in a number of ways over the years beyond one lone text message. The text message was only mentioned because Heather had literally sent it a few hours prior to Vicki making that statement about the wives not supporting her. 

As Heather mentions as an example in her podcast: when Vicki couldn’t attend the Napa trip because she was getting some (probably self-appointed) insurance award, H felt bad that she couldn’t move the trip to accommodate her.  But she took her out to lunch and bought her a gift as a “congrats” for her award. 

No, as Heather said, the two of them weren't besties sharing intimate secrets. But they were more like very friendly work colleagues. And Heather has supported Vicki in a way that was appropriate to their specific relationship.   

• Love 9

I feel like what you are saying is taking Heather’s statement out of context.

Heather has certainly supported Vicki in a number of ways over the years beyond one lone text message. The text message was only mentioned because Heather had literally sent it a few hours prior to Vicki making that statement about the wives not supporting her. 

As Heather mentions as an example in her podcast: when Vicki couldn’t attend the Napa trip because she was getting some (probably self-appointed) insurance award, H felt bad that she couldn’t move the trip to accommodate her.  But she took her out to lunch and bought her a gift as a “congrats” for her award. 

No, as Heather said, the two of them weren't besties sharing intimate secrets. But they were more like very friendly work colleagues. And Heather has supported Vicki in a way that was appropriate to their specific relationship.

Did Vicki say they weren't supportive ever? If not, I don't see how this is at all relevant. I'm pretty sure she was talking about this incident with Brooks' (non?) cancer and whether or not Brooks lied about it. If all Heather did was send a text message about it (especially after drilling her on camera about it relentlessly), I just don't see how Heather can get mad that Vicki doesn't see that as supportive. YMMV.
  • Love 2

Thanks. I'm doing surprisingly well.  The fourth anniversary of my last cancer (for which I received a bone marrow transplant) is upon us and all seems well.  Looking back on it, I'm kind of amazed.  And I didn't have anyone taking care of me and didn't get (or want) a single casserole.  Because NOTHING tastes good (or right) when you are undergoing chemotherapy!   

I'm still thinking about the excuses being made for Vicki not being allowed into the infusion suite for Brooks' alleged chemotherapy and how it is against privacy rules to see another patient getting treatment.  If that were the case, then no one would be allowed to enter a hospital to visit ANY patient, because you might see the patient in the next bed or the next room or someone in the radiation treatment waiting room.  And every patient would have to be blindfolded so s/he wouldn't see another patient on the same floor.

I'm so sorry for all you have endured. Congrats on being 4 yrs cancer free! I posted earlier that where my husband received chemo, I could only sit by him if all the chairs weren't taken by patients. This was at the doctors' office and they had a big room with a circle of recliners. There were also a couple of private rooms. The staff didn't mind if people came and went, but there were few people that stayed because the space just really wasn't conducive to visitors. I am only bringing up my experience because I see some posts stating that "it's not true" and further proof of Cancergate. There is no absolute rule/law that states chemo patients can have guests.
  • Love 3

Kind of off topic,however a couple of years ago my friend and i called Coto Insurance, legitimately inquiring about car and life insurance. We got voice mail and left a detailed message with names and call back numbers. Neither of us ever heard from anyone at Coto Insurance.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 17

Vicki claims Brooks towards the end wouldn't let her even see his records. The excuse? She says because she would show them to the women.    Two lies. First, Vicki as his S.O. could read over the records in her home and that's it.   What would be considered something normal between a couple.    Not them apparently.  Second, he had no records to show her.

Brooks has his lie , Vicki has hers and that is what they have both been doing all season long. Two different stories for each circumstance.   

When Brooks was asked if he would take a polygraph test , his reply was his attorney said the test would be too broad.  HUH?   

One question Brooks, you slimy piece of shit, one simple question.    Do you have cancer?

Broad my ass.    Brooks Lyers.

• Love 6