Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Sorry to be so late to the party. Watching these heifers bark and squeal over the cancer story just got so tedious for me, so I stopped watching it. I continued to come here though and read your wonderful commentaries, which are so much better than listening to these steaming piles of surgically-enhanced crap.

I just watched Part III of the reunion, and I have to say that, even though I despise Vicki, I equally despise the rest of this crowd of apes, so, for me, Part III had the Frankenstein effect. The monster looks FAR less scary than the villagers running after it with torches and clubs. Good God, they are vile creatures. The only one for whom I feel sorry is Gramballs, the horrible succubus, who tries SO hard but can never EVER squeeze out a fake tear. They were all so gleeful that Vicki had been caught, and that's fine, but please don't bark up that you LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the person and praaaaaaaaaaay for her...ugh. Jesus, they're awful. Oh, wait...they're the Real Ho-wives/Pigs of _______. What else would they be? Never mind. Nighty night!

• Love 13

Purveyors of Pop/production and Andy have always done a better job with respect to casting this city than any other in the franchise; there's always been credible continuity but at least one new face every year to refresh the dynamic. RHOA has suffered irreparably from the static cast; despite its huge numbers, the premise that any of those women don't actually despise each other is risible. Numerous leads have lack significant storylines for years. On the other hand, Andy did jettison Brandi for plot purposes and Vicki is beginning to inch onto thin ice with her megalomania ("I deserve respect") and Instagramming about Meghan ("if I have my way with the network, she will be gone"). I'd much prefer for Heather to enlist another friend or for tptb to even spring Nicole McMackin on audiences but, if Vicki stays, I do agree that she will need an ally and filming partner. In terms of narrative consistency, the only logical choice for that role is Alexis, imo; she's maintained an authentic friendship with Vicki and Brooks and her e-mail actually made her more relevant to the season than Lizzie, the other obvious option. Per social media, it seems as if Vicki wants Jeana back but I actually don't think she's too interested in a full-time comeback. It would be hilarious if Lauri made a cameo or two next year to spill some more dirt on her former nemesis, though, and the possibilities for some epic on-screen betrayals are there with the Vicki's Vodka lawsuit looming and Brooks always willing to play for a payday.

• Love 4

He's not even good at being a con man! It was so obvious that he was just giving ridiculous non-answers to several of Andy's questions. Judge Judy would have laid into him but good.

On tonight's rerun, I noticed Brooks has this way of cocking his head to his left.

Vicki dumping her glass of ice water on Shannon was totally childish and disgusting. And you could tell from her (extremely drugged) facial expression when it was brought up during the reunion that she not only didn't care, she was smirking like the crappy rude bully she is. Totally classless.

When did that happen? Edited by Ubiquitous
  • Love 7

E is authenticating the documents.  So we will see what shakes out.

Where is his name on this "bill"? We see it is page 1 of 2 yet his name, address, patient ID/account # are not on it, anywhere. I have never seen a bill of any kind missing those things.....ever. LOL

Is there a patient ID/account number or invoice number?  I don't see them either

Nope! They are not there at all. LOL

• Love 6

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-22/videos/water-gate-20-shannon-vs-vicki  Here is the clip-Shannon said it did not air.

I think it is blocked -just like the comparison bill.  I would be shocked if City of Hope had exactly the same prices as the east coast hospital.

There didn't appear to be anything blocking his name/address and most times they would just make it appear fuzzy. I think Brooks copied someone elses bill but then forgot to put his own name and address (Vicki's address as he was living with her in Jan.) on the document. He is an idiot. LOL

• Love 7

I'm trying to catch up on here, so forgive me if I missed any discussion on it, but has anyone figured out which taco dish Tamra was referring to when she said that the reason she can't say 'pastor' is because it sounds like something she orders at the Mexican restaurant?  It struck me as funny.

• Love 2

In any event if the oncologist-the women referenced by name at the Reunion-I will listen to it tonight so I stop making the idiotic reference to Dr. Heather's Neighbor, is truly a great oncologist I and I had a cancer he treated I would forgive his claiming Brooks was not a patient.  I like to choose my doctor's by their professional accomplishments and reputation for success.  I can live with a doctor who doesn't support the same views I have or even has a crappy bedside manner.  I want the best result I can possibly get.

Pardon my French but Son of a bitch-it appears Brooks copied his bill line by line from another bill off the internet:  http://www.realitytea.com/2015/11/03/brooks-ayers-fake-chemo-bill-proof-copy-google-images/

And with this, I agree with you 100%. 

Pardon my French but Son of a bitch-it appears Brooks copied his bill line by line from another bill off the internet:  http://www.realitytea.com/2015/11/03/brooks-ayers-fake-chemo-bill-proof-copy-google-images/

Thank you for the link.  I'm actually kinda disappointed that he's such a lazy liar, or dumber then I ever imagined.

• Love 5

The only chemo I know about without a port is the oral meds and you don't have to go to a clinic to have that administered. Are there other chemo treatments without a port?

Full disclosure, I used to be on dialysis so I have had a port, a fistula and a picc line.

Belated hugs to you......   

• Love 6

As a longtime Heather hater (in the current colloquial sense of the term; I've disliked her since the second or third ep in which she appeared but find her to be a wonderfully snarkable villain), I don't see what's unreasonable or mystifying about her present post-reunion animus toward Vicki. It's not about quibbles over the semantics of 'supportive' or minor points of contention; it's about Vicki's perpetuation of a narrative that positions her as a victim (woe is me, no one supported me when I shepherded Brooks through this horrific trial and accompanied him to City of Hope; poor me, none of the cast mates to whom I have lied for over a year and who I'm currently maligning in the press at every opportunity never reached out to me; on Heather's podcast, she reports that Vicki sent her a text message after making her remarks on WWHL to clarify that she considered Heather's civility insufficient because Heather didn't give her a hug after she, Vicki, broke up with Brooks) and the other women as her abusers. This is all part and parcel with Vicki's propensity for baby-voiced self-infantilization and the success she has enjoyed with this strategy vis-a-vis a relatively vocal contingent of the show's viewership (if anyone wants to indulge in cognitive dissonance, I suggest you take a gander over to the Kafkaesque Tamara Tattles, in which, I shit you not, Lee Ann is somehow more worthy of demonetization than Vicki) is downright shocking to me. Vicki literally shows up intoxicated and incapable of contradicting herself from one breath to the next on set and Twitter explodes with pearl-clutching over Heather and Shannon's varying degrees of perturbment and irateness at being publicly vilified by a pathological liar.

Lunastartron.  You rock.  It's like reading over the shoulder of the critic at a Marlowe or Shakespeare.  And I'm agreeing with everything you say, just sitting here nodding my head, smirking! 

Patiently waiting the next synopsis...   :)))

• Love 6

I would FLOVE to see Vicki lose her orange, better yet would be a demotion to friend, as that would probably be worse to Vicki.  I just think the "OG of the OC" needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

She needs to learn the all important rule of respect being earned & not just given.  She has for seasons upon seasons treated the Newbies with disdain or outright disrespect.  She has said some horribly, unforgivable racist things.  And has been the definition of a hypocrite.

wirewrap, I just wanted to say I have agreed with nearly 100% of your posts & would send you a homemade casserole if I could!

• Love 11

As to it being inappropriate for Heather to repeat what Brooks told her, they are on a reality TV show, and he's talked about his "illness" on film.  I don't think he is entitled to the same level or privacy.

I didn't mean that Heather shouldn't share anything that Brooks had told her.  I meant that she shouldn't share what the doctor had told her.   Quoting him was wrong, IMO, and definitely crossing a line.

• Love 4

I think Vicks will be back.  It will be her chance of a redemption season.  She is the OG.  It will only work if she creates a new storyline of abuse by Brooks and they bring in someone to be her friend.  I still think that if Jeanna is offered enough money, she'll do it.  That is, unless, Brooks does have something really significant on her....like the lawsuit. 

I enjoyed the podcast and thanks ZM for posting the link.  One of the things I thought interesting, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Shannon say during the season that David's lover tried to befriend her when they were having the affair? Now, according to Shannon, the other women was close enough for Shannon to confide in her about getting the job with RHOC.  So, the friendship had to start before the affair and the friendship was close enough for the Shannon to confide in her because Shannon has always stated that the affair started when filming started. 

I did like Heather more this season. She was on point that she came off as snob the first three seasons she was on.  Or maybe she's smart enough to realize how the viewers saw her and she's just doing image control.....

ETA to correct when I stated Heather instead of Shannon.  I keep doing that.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 7

The Podcast 12 points-please note the Podcast was taped before the incident between Shannon and Nicole at the USC game.  Shannon is referring to the game her children attended.  http://www.eonline.com/news/712649/12-major-rhoc-revelations-from-heather-dubrow-s-podcast-vicki-gunvalson-s-future-on-the-show-david-beador-s-cheating-and-more

Was she?  Because the date of the podcast was yesterday.  I could be totally wrong.

I would FLOVE to see Vicki lose her orange, better yet would be a demotion to friend, as that would probably be worse to Vicki.  I just think the "OG of the OC" needs to be knocked down a peg or two.

She needs to learn the all important rule of respect being earned & not just given.  She has for seasons upon seasons treated the Newbies with disdain or outright disrespect.  She has said some horribly, unforgivable racist things.  And has been the definition of a hypocrite.

wirewrap, I just wanted to say I have agreed with nearly 100% of your posts & would send you a homemade casserole if I could!

Thank You.

I didn't mean that Heather shouldn't share anything that Brooks had told her.  I meant that she shouldn't share what the doctor had told her.   Quoting him was wrong, IMO, and definitely crossing a line.

I am not so sure. I think at this point, after Heather found out about what Vicki was saying regarding Terry/IV, she has the right to "share" this info because it shows not only has Vicki been out right lying but so has Brooks. In all of his interviews, he puts sole blame on Vicki for any misinformation/lies about his cancer claim/story and I just don't believe him. IMO, he has lied just as much.

I think Vicks will be back.  It will be her chance of a redemption season.  She is the OG.  It will only work if she creates a new storyline of abuse by Brooks and they bring in someone to be her friend.  I still think that if Jeanna is offered enough money, she'll do it.  That is, unless, Brooks does have something really significant on her....like the lawsuit. 

I enjoyed the podcast and thanks ZM for posting the link.  One of the things I thought interesting, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Shannon say during the season that David's lover tried to befriend her when they were having the affair? Now, according to Heather the other women was close enough for Shannon to confide in her about getting the job with RHOC.  So, the friendship had to start before the affair and the friendship was close enough for the Shannon to confide in her because Shannon has always stated that the affair started when filming started. 

I did like Heather more this season. She was on point that she came off as snob the first three seasons she was on.  Or maybe she's smart enough to realize how the viewers saw her and she's just doing image control.....

IF Vicki does try to use abuse or control by Brooks as her storyline next season, she will have to start changing her story NOW. She has tweeted that she does believe him now and that he never abused or tried to control her after the reunion was filmed. IMO, the ship has sailed for the poor, poor me, Brooks is a bad, bad man storyline redemption tour UNLESS she spills whatever dirt he has on her and I don't see that happening.

Was she?  Because the date of the podcast was yesterday.  I could be totally wrong.

I think the podcast was taped earlier, it was not live.

• Love 4

I enjoyed the podcast and thanks ZM for posting the link.  One of the things I thought interesting, and correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Shannon say during the season that David's lover tried to befriend her when they were having the affair? Now, according to Shannon, the other women was close enough for Shannon to confide in her about getting the job with RHOC.  So, the friendship had to start before the affair and the friendship was close enough for the Shannon to confide in her because Shannon has always stated that the affair started when filming started. 

ETA to correct when I stated Heather instead of Shannon.  I keep doing that.

Re Shannon knowing the other woman (ow) before the affair. She said in the podcast that they were in a group that would have been aware of Shannon's new HW status so the ow knew about it before filming. Shannon hinted at a jealous motive but I didn't really get it.

• Love 1

The Podcast was recorded on October 21st and the game where Shannon had the encounter with Nicole was on the 24th.  It is confusing because she talks about seeing Nicole at a game prior to the Podcast being recorded.

Re Shannon knowing the other woman (ow) before the affair. She said in the podcast that they were in a group that would have been aware of Shannon's new HW status so the ow knew about it before filming. Shannon hinted at a jealous motive but I didn't really get it.

I think Nicole and Shannon's children played on the same team.  Shannon told Nicole she had been selected as a RH, Nicole seemed jealous.  I would think the money that comes with it and the exposure is probably envy inducing.

• Love 2

I think Nicole and Shannon's children played on the same team.  Shannon told Nicole she had been selected as a RH, Nicole seemed jealous.  I would think the money that comes with it and the exposure is probably envy inducing.

That makes sense but for some reason to me it sounded like another group they belonged to so maybe just the kids team.
  • Love 1

I don't know all of the circumstances surround Brooks alleged chemo treatment, but if he did manage to do chemo without losing his hair, he could make a pretty penny. My mom didn't do chemo, but she did have radiation treatment, and she still lost her hair, not as much as someone with chemo but enough that for her funeral we had to get a wig (her cancer was too advanced when it was found, chemo wouldn't have helped, radiation was just to shrink some of the tumors on her brain to relieve symptoms, she passed away 2 weeks after she started radiation and 5 weeks after discovering she had cancer).

Not all chemo patients lose their hair.  Many do, but many others do not.

• Love 2

Heather is becoming the new Bethanny. Setting everyone straight and analyzing all the motives and clarifying the timelines and what did/ did not happen. I think that Heather, Tamra, Shannon and Meghan will be back since they are friends and will film together. Maybe Brianna will be a HW and Vicki will be a "friend." That could actually work. That is, if Brianna finds a way to leave the OK. In all seriousness though, it could be Ryan's fiance Sarah. Or just someone new.

I don't see Vicki coming back. 

I was really surprised to hear that production did say that Brooks had to film because VIcki was cutting out early to be with him and she was living two lives. But I don't see the connection to Bethanny. She had a young daughter and was in a custody battle plus still married, and also it didn't seem like the bf was that much a part of her life because she showed up for most stuff and no one really cared about him or asked about him. Plus, Bethanny knows how to manage different things. Vicki is sort of scatterbrained and it seems like she was really being controlled by Brooks quite a lot so production had to intervene. 

As far as the reunion, my feelings are that Tamra really does not like Brooks at all and really wants Vicki to be rid of him. I always thought that it was to even the score because Vicki was the one that instigated the Simon/ Tamra break-up (Simon and Vicki constantly fought over Tamra) but I'm starting to think that Tamra was truely worried about her being with Brooks. Shannon is WAY too upset at Vicki. Shannon feels she was supportive. Vicki does not. That's fair. I actually thought that Shannon seemed to be part of all the gossip about Brooks most of the time, and her crying thing at the restaurant about "what Meghan said" was really just her way of sharing HER true feelings, at least that was the impression I got, when she gave the big judgy eyes to Brooks when he ordered drinks. In any case, she definitely made it about HER and imo was not that fantastic. I don't recall a casserole EVER leaving her kitchen either. In any case, Shannon was steaming the whole time, and actually kind of obsessive about it. In that way, I do think that Tamra is being more considerate because she is really wanting Vicki to be away from this guy, where all Shannon cares about is Vicki admitting she is horrible person and apologizing profusely forever. 

Tamra seemed to try the hardest to support Vicki, but in the end she gave up. I didn't see much of anything from Heather, but I never really sensed that Vicki liked Heather that much. Tamra's loathing for Brooks is worse than her loathing for Alexis and Gretchen combined. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 2

The Podcast was recorded on October 21st and the game where Shannon had the encounter with Nicole was on the 24th.  It is confusing because she talks about seeing Nicole at a game prior to the Podcast being recorded.

Thanks for the clarification. 

I still think that Shannon was a bit 'shady' (or convenient) about David's lover being a friend to her.  To me, Shannon tried to give the impression that this woman tried to be her 'friend' after the affair began.  In reality, the woman was friendly enough before the affair started for Shannon to confide in her that she got the part on RHOC.  Am I nitpicking?  Probably.  But don't most of us do so here?

• Love 4

I still think that Shannon was a bit 'shady' (or convenient) about David's lover being a friend to her.  To me, Shannon tried to give the impression that this woman tried to be her 'friend' after the affair began.  In reality, the woman was friendly enough before the affair started for Shannon to confide in her that she got the part on RHOC.  Am I nitpicking?  Probably.  But don't most of us do so here?

That's it! That's what is confusing me. It seems Shannon is painting a muddy picture of the events to draw more sympathy.
  • Love 4

I hope Vicki isn't back next season and I hope Tamra gets the boot right along with her. IMO Tamra outed Brooks and Vicki as a way to get rid of Vicki and for her to become the OG of the OC. I never thought I'd like Heather but she grew on me this season. I'd like to see her and Shannon continue and dump the rest. I believe Heather must be a much warmer, more humorous person in RL than she comes across on the show. She's so guarded but who can blame her? If she's watched past seasons or any HW show she knows what happens if you expose your true self/RL.Being an actor I think she developed a "character" for the show - the stereotype of the rich, somewhat snobby, fairly humourless, know it all. She saw that wasn't playing well with viewers and lightened up a bit this season. Terry is obnoxious at times but he seems like he can be a fun guy with a sense of humor and I can't see him being married to the "character type Heather" on the show. I think a lot of her puffery and snootiness is an act.

• Love 10

I am always fascinated by the perception of size ----

Vicki always seems large, but not fat.

But sitting next to Brianna, Vicki seemed quite average in size.

Best guess, anyone, as to how tall Vicki and Brianna are and a guess as to their average dress size? (not couture because that has no relevance to me!)

• Love 4

Best guess, anyone, as to how tall Vicki and Brianna are and a guess as to their average dress size? (not couture because that has no relevance to me!)

I would guess Vicki to be 5'6" and a size 14 or 16. Briana 5'4" and in the plus sizes but I don't know how those run.

• Love 4

I am fascinated by it too. People are always so much smaller when you meet them in person, which is hard to imagine, because most of these women are already so small to begin with.

People are going to say I'm crazy, but I think Vicki's comfortable dress size is an 8, sometimes even maybe a six. She has a pretty small waist if you look at her. Her hips are what make her look big, so maybe if something is cut small she's a 10. She's pretty tall, but not a giant. Maybe she's 5'7"-5'8"?

I think Brianna is about Vicki's height, but I really have no idea. I don't think there is any way she wears anything smaller than a size 16, and even then...I don't know. When she had that sit-down with Tamra, she looked very, very big. People said she looked like she slimmed down at the reunion, but I didn't see her lose weight, just saw her gain eye makeup.

I always get confused when people say they're gonna give Brianna "a pass" on her weight because of who her mother is, thyroid issues, just having birthed two children, or whatever. The sad fact is that people can't give other people "a pass" on their weight. Diabetes, heart disease and sleep apnea aren't going to pass over one person and land on another person who is perhaps "more deserving" of obesity. It just doesn't work that way. And it's not fat-shaming. If she smoked cigarettes, we might be inclined to look the other way, cause her mother is so crazy, maybe she drove her to smoke. But I guarantee emphysema isn't going to be as discerning.

• Love 5

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.  Buffalo Bill?  Is that you?

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 10

Since IMO there's little more despicable than attempting to benefit (via TV/other employment, Magic Juice sales or any other means) by faking active cancer or other illness, I applaud the Housewives who say they'll refuse to film with Icki.  I definitely would not want my name associated with that type of scum.  There's no doubt in my mind now that Icki was aware of Brook's deception well before the reunion.

My call re Icki's size - about 5'7" & size 8 - as the camera adds tonnage, she actually looks slim & shapely (if hippy) to me, except for upper arms.

Briana seems close to her mom in height, & is probably about a sz 14/16 now, IMO.  (If they indulge in some belated casseroles, all bets are off.)

Edited by telemachus2
  • Love 7

Heather in her Podcast kind of explained her relationship with Vicki.  Supportive of Vicki and Brooks but not the type to call for a hug.  According to Heather she wished her luck before her WWHL appearance, Vicki sent back a nice text.  On her appearance she said none of the other wives have been supportive.  Heather took umbrage and Vicki essentially texted her she expected someone to take her out for coffee.

Vicki was looking for love in all the wrong places...from her RHOC cast. Are we to believe she expected the cast to fawn (hugs & casseroles) over her because Brooks had cancer and her mom died? The cast also should have known that Vicki would never give them credit, especially after they questioned Brooks' cancer.

Vicki was looking for sympathy on WWHL and was not about to say one nice thing about the women who questioned the storyline she pulled out of her ass. If the HW shows are supposed to be about the "true lives" of the women, Vicki failed as a cast member. She purposely presented fraud concerning Brooks' health and failed miserably.

• Love 8

I think this is true. On WWHL David said they knew The Affair because she was part of a large group they hang with.

Since IMO there's little more despicable than attempting to benefit (via TV/other employment, Magic Juice sales or any other means) by faking active cancer or other illness, I applaud the Housewives who say they'll refuse to film with Icki.  I definitely would not want my name associated with that type of scum.  There's no doubt in my mind now that Icki was aware that Brook's deception well before the reunion.

My call re Icki's size - about 5'7" & size 8 - as the camera adds tonnage, she actually looks slim & shapely (if hippy) to me, except for upper arms.

Briana seems close to her mom in height, & is probably about a sz 14/16 now, IMO.  (If they indulge in some belated casseroles, all bets are off.)

Vicki has said in the past that she is a size 8, which probably means she is more like a 10, but she insists on wearing an 8. Her clothes are always too small for her.

• Love 12

IIRC what Shannon had been saying is during the affair, Nicole had been asking Shannon about her relationship with David.  When David was on WWHL he stated he had asked Nicole not to talk to Shannon.  I think  she continued to bend her ear.  I don't think it would be particularly hard to draw Shannon into a conversation about her marriage.  So it sounds to me as if Shannon felt like Nicole pursued a closer friendship with Shannon.  At some point I think basketball season comes to a close-I am thinking for kids late March/April if they are good.  Shannon wrote that his mistress, "infiltrated my life, befriended me, and vocally displayed an interest in my marriage (as opposed to sign language?????)."  I never got the impression they were close or even more than acquaintances before the affair.

• Love 1

I get what you are saying and I agree. It just burns my biscuits that a woman carrying on with a married man is making small talk with his wife. He's wrong, she's wrong, but there's no reason to "pour salt" on it, either. That really hurts.

• Love 11

Purveyors of Pop/production and Andy have always done a better job with respect to casting this city than any other in the franchise; there's always been credible continuity but at least one new face every year to refresh the dynamic. RHOA has suffered irreparably from the static cast; despite its huge numbers, the premise that any of those women don't actually despise each other is risible. Numerous leads have lack significant storylines for years. On the other hand, Andy did jettison Brandi for plot purposes and Vicki is beginning to inch onto thin ice with her megalomania ("I deserve respect") and Instagramming about Meghan ("if I have my way with the network, she will be gone"). I'd much prefer for Heather to enlist another friend or for tptb to even spring Nicole McMackin on audiences but, if Vicki stays, I do agree that she will need an ally and filming partner. In terms of narrative consistency, the only logical choice for that role is Alexis, imo; she's maintained an authentic friendship with Vicki and Brooks and her e-mail actually made her more relevant to the season than Lizzie, the other obvious option. Per social media, it seems as if Vicki wants Jeana back but I actually don't think she's too interested in a full-time comeback. It would be hilarious if Lauri made a cameo or two next year to spill some more dirt on her former nemesis, though, and the possibilities for some epic on-screen betrayals are there with the Vicki's Vodka lawsuit looming and Brooks always willing to play for a payday.

There is one source that is basically saying that Alexis coming back next season is a done deal. I could see that happening, and think they were floating the idea when they had her on WWHL a couple of weeks ago. I have never been able to stand Alexis, and hated the fact that she kind of ended her run on a high note because of some perceived "gang up". I think it would be fascinating to have her come back as Vicki's lone friend on the show. She was very popular when she left, and has become the object of fierce protection on some sites. I think it would be very interesting to see how she might be perceived if she came on and attempted to convince everyone that Vicki really isn't so bad.

I do think at the end of the day that at some point Bravo will try to cross over a HW from one show to another. They haven't done this yet, and with the franchise overall becoming stale, I would think they would be looking at ways to shake things up. They have done the deal where one or two HW's makes an appearance on another show (Brandi and Yo on NY a couple of seasons ago, Lisa R on this show a few episodes ago, and then we will see the BH and NY gals mingle in the Hamptons for the upcoming BH season), but no one has ever moved from one franchise to the other (as far as I know). I still wouldn't rule out this happening with Brandi. Her custody deal probably wouldn't matter as she currently lives 30 or so minutes from Eddie and LeAnn, and arrangments can be altered for a time if both parties agree. I would think at this point that an employed Brandi is better for Eddie than an unemployed one. She can also do all the name calling she wants. The other ladies might not like it, but I still don't think that anyone on this show has that much power. Lisa V can probably get whatever she wants, no matter how much she tries to say otherwise, as can Beth. I just don't think that Heather or Tamra have that much power, and I also think they would love the idea of having this bitch to kick around. I think it would be awesome. I hate Brandi, but that would be "must see" TV for me.

• Love 5

Vicki is beginning to inch onto thin ice with her megalomania ("I deserve respect") and Instagramming about Meghan ("if I have my way with the network, she will be gone")

Vicki seems to me to be a clone of Jill Zarin in that the combination of her ego/low self esteem got the better of her, got her thinking that she's the show's anchor and linchpin. In fact she's simply another hired cast member, there to fill a role.

On Broadway cast members (other than major major stars)  have short contracts; 4 or 6 months to make sure that no one becomes complacent or bored in their roles. They know that management is always watching, assessing their performances. No one is irreplaceable and there are always others waiting in the wings. Andy and TPTB are watching their casts as well since the real bottom line are ratings/money, not the ego of any one cast member--unless they happen to be driving the ratings. Jill was fired. Vicki could be as well, as could any one. If Vicki has become a liability she's gone. If she can wrangle her story into a redemption plotline, she may have a chance.

Stay tuned.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 6

I'm trying to catch up on here, so forgive me if I missed any discussion on it, but has anyone figured out which taco dish Tamra was referring to when she said that the reason she can't say 'pastor' is because it sounds like something she orders at the Mexican restaurant?  It struck me as funny.

Tamra was talking about tacos made with 'al pastor'.  I have absolutely no idea what sort of meat it is, but I see it all the time in authentic mexican restaurants.  Tamra really wasn't pulling THAT out of her ass lol.

• Love 1

About the doctor-patient confidentiality thing being discussed here: I fail to see why this is such an important point. The fact is Brooks did lie about this being his doctor and the back and forth about whether the doctor was within his rights to defend himself? I just don't see what this matters to the events of this season. The doctor was not a "character" on the show, except as a small part/big lie of Vicki and Brooks scam. Maybe we should move on from this point? Before it causes a thread lockdown for back-and-forth beating a dead horse?

Ok, what treatment are we even talking about? The IV thing? I'm so confused at this point... And if it was the IV thing wasn't Vicki the one who shared that information? Also, wasn't the claim that it was an IV to help with dehydration and not some emergency drive by cancer cure? What in the what is going on.. Hold on the world is spinning quick someone bring me a casserole I feel faint.

ETA: didn't realize how murky it got, still on page 10 but honestly this is why I don't allow any of this who hah factor into my intelligent reasoning skills or claim any absolute position on anything using such flimsy, he said, she said, out of context, not full story or understanding of information as the basis to present my beliefs on matters that can therefore possibly represent what others think of my intelligence. Something the Real Housewives should take into serious consideration when embarking on the crusade of "Truth and Justice for All"

I could be wrong but on the show I never saw Brooks claim the cellulite doctor as his doctor or treating him. We went round and round and never actually found proof of this claim. Brooks referred to this doctor and his experience as the reason. We saw him with some dr. and that could have been the dr. in question but all we saw was Brooks taking part in whatever that was. Doesn't necessarily mean that particular Dr. was officially treating him for cancer or was his oncologist or etc. etc. etc. People reading extra into whatever information Brooks shared isn't the same as Brooks officially making a claim that so and so was his Dr. and was specifically treating him for cancer. So all this blah, blah Heather is spouting just goes in the bin of Messy, messy, messy claims that's been going around this season.

The so called "proof" has more patchwork on it than the American quilt, Raggedy Ann and Sally from the Nightmare before Christmas combined. It's infuriating how a bunch of mushed up, confused and out of context and just slightly related information is being sold as this huge smoking gun. It's just disgraceful. More disgraceful than whatever wool Brooks and Vicki has suppossedly pulled over everyone's eyes. IMO.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 4

So if it turns out to be true that no one wants to film with Vicki, they could bring in someone to film with her. Someone on her side. With the ratings being so good (thanks Lunastartron - I had no idea) there is no reason to really shake up the cast.

Now, I don't want anyone to scream at me, throw things, or not bring me a casserole, but what if they decided to bring in Brandi? She is available, and Andy has said that he wishes he could have her back, but the fact is that no one on the BH show will be in the same room with her. I think that he loves her, and I also think that he feels sorry for her. She was always a better fit for the OC show than the BH show, and she has been working full-time to tweet support for Vicki. Am I crazy? Or drunk? (both possibilities).

I hate her like poison, but cannot deny that I have always wanted to see her interact with Tamra and Heather. I think they would take her down in ways the BH girls could never imagine.

NO!!! not Brandi!!  I can just see it now; she'll be hanging all over David, and he won't mind.  Shannon will need to be committed.  The brat/cat fight that is sure to happen between her and Meghan and/or Tamra would be fun to watch though.

• Love 6

Vicki was looking for love in all the wrong places...from her RHOC cast. Are we to believe she expected the cast to fawn (hugs & casseroles) over her because Brooks had cancer and her mom died? The cast also should have known that Vicki would never give them credit, especially after they questioned Brooks' cancer.

Vicki was looking for sympathy on WWHL and was not about to say one nice thing about the women who questioned the storyline she pulled out of her ass. If the HW shows are supposed to be about the "true lives" of the women, Vicki failed as a cast member. She purposely presented fraud concerning Brooks' health and failed miserably.

I'm actually trying to come up with any one moment in the past ten years where Vicki has shown any empathy for anyone.....and it's not happening.  Either I'm missing it or it's never happened.  The only thing I am sure of is that Vicki is for Vicki and that's it.   She received exactly what she's given, nothing.  Bit of nerve to complain that she's not getting the comfort and support that she wants all things considered. 

• Love 20

Tamra was talking about tacos made with 'al pastor'.  I have absolutely no idea what sort of meat it is, but I see it all the time in authentic mexican restaurants.  Tamra really wasn't pulling THAT out of her ass lol.

If you've ever seen a Gyro made with shaved meat that was on a vertical rotating big stick over coal or some heating element, then you know the meat! Compressed layers of (could be) beef, pork or chicken, all piled up in a taco........   I know what I'm having for lunch today, thank you for bringing this up!   One of my favorite street foods when in Mexico City! 

• Love 3

Here you go everyone:

The beer-drinking backdrop of a hot afternoon or evening would pair perfectly with a festive Mexican feast of tacos and grilled meats. But with a menagerie of Spanish monikers from carnitas to carne asada, taco meat terminology can get a bit confusing. Here's the breakdown of Mexican meats:

Carne asada: Grilled, marinated pieces of beef (typically sirloin or rib) served inside burritos and tacos.

Carnitas: Shoulder of pork that's been seasoned, braised until tender with lard and herbs (oregano, marjoram, bay leaves, garlic), pulled apart, and then oven-roasted until slightly crisp, then eaten alone or used as a filling for tacos, tamales, tortas, and burritos.

Al pastor: Crisp-thin shavings of vertical spit-roasted pork, marinated with guajillo chiles and achiote, then served on tortillas. Pastor means "shepherd," the name given to Lebanese merchants who immigrated to Mexico City in the early 1900s, bringing the concept of shawarma with them.

Cochinita pibil: Whole suckling pig or pork shoulder that's marinated in citrus with achiote, then wrapped in banana leaves and roasted. Historically, it's buried in a pit with a fire at the bottom.

Barbacoa: Traditionally, beef cheek and head that's covered in leaves from the maguey plant, then slow cooked over a wood fire in a pit in the ground. In America today, it also refers to spicy, shredded, slow-braised beef that's been made tender, then pulled apart.

I got that info here: http://www.popsugar.com/food/Difference-Between-Carnitas-Carne-Asada-Al-Pastor-17247251

edited for better formatting

Edited by Lucygirl2
  • Love 11

Excellent point breezy424. Shannon did imply that David's side piece befriended her after the affair and that she would ask Shannon questions about her marriage. I wonder, if now that she says she was friends with her before, if talking about her troubled marriage contributed to the other woman making a move. I often thought David may have been thinking about divorcing Shannon and her HW job made him feel she had a salary and he would be able to pay less in alimony? If his side piece hadn't backed off he would have left Shannon for her IMO.

• Love 2

.... I still wouldn't rule out this happening with Brandi. Her custody deal probably wouldn't matter as she currently lives 30 or so minutes from Eddie and LeAnn, and arrangments can be altered for a time if both parties agree. I would think at this point that an employed Brandi is better for Eddie than an unemployed one. She can also do all the name calling she wants. The other ladies might not like it, but I still don't think that anyone on this show has that much power. Lisa V can probably get whatever she wants, no matter how much she tries to say otherwise, as can Beth. I just don't think that Heather or Tamra have that much power, and I also think they would love the idea of having this bitch to kick around. I think it would be awesome. I hate Brandi, but that would be "must see" TV for me.

I think that is what Brandi's reunion part 3 tweet-fest was all about - big time supporting Vicki.  She's aware that the powers that be want Vicki back, but the other girls don't want to film with her, so Brandi's auditioning for the job.  She couldn't be more obvious about it, in my opinion.  I also wonder if that is part of what Andy meant when he said that he would love to work with Brandi again, but no one from BH would interact with her any more.  In that case, I didn't see it as a power play.  This is supposed to be a show about women's lives.  In no world would any of those women allow Brandi into their lives.  She had already hung on at least one year longer than she was welcome.  There was no way for it to continue and make sense.   So now Brandi's looking for new bridges to burn.

I don't know why Bravo is so convinced that Brandi is a valuable commodity, but whatever.  You can have genuine conflict and compelling drama without a deranged lunatic (see this season of Project Greenlight, the best reality show I have watched in AGES.  Seriously.  Riveting.  Chock full of conflict and drama, but not insane, and everyone makes sense, even the quite hate-worthy entitled director.)   Andy's insistence on descending to the lowest common denominator and then seeing if he can dig deeper still is so odd to me.  To me the most interesting part of the franchise now is the meta-text of Andy Cohen, his megalomania, and how it works on the culture.  He's Donald Trump, only less self aware. Which I didn't think was possible.

• Love 9

I always wondered if Vicky was footing the bill for Brooks "medical treatment", (she has paid his way for everything else so it's not that crazy of a thought) and if she was wouldn't she have seen the paperwork the insurance generates stating the service and fees?  She sells insurance right? If Brooks told her insurance covers everything we know that is a big fat lie, no insurance covers everything and Vicky would know that!  She wanted that controversy because it was her only story line.  

In other news, no matter what, please do not let them replace Vicky with Brandi!!! Her brand of crazy is not enjoyable to watch.

• Love 6

I always wondered if Vicky was footing the bill for Brooks "medical treatment", (she has paid his way for everything else so it's not that crazy of a thought) and if she was wouldn't she have seen the paperwork the insurance generates stating the service and fees?  She sells insurance right? If Brooks told her insurance covers everything we know that is a big fat lie, no insurance covers everything and Vicky would know that!  She wanted that controversy because it was her only story line.  

In other news, no matter what, please do not let them replace Vicky with Brandi!!! Her brand of crazy is not enjoyable to watch.

I don't know why everyone thinks that Vicki was paying for all of Brooks' expenses. Vicki is one cheap tightwad and only doles out cash when it makes her look good and she will let everyone know. Before Brooks moved in with Vicki, he had his own apartment in RSM. Vicki has also said that when Brooks did move in with her, she charged him rent. I don't think Brooks' income was large, especially compared to Vicki's Bravo salary, but he was making money (including whatever Bravo paid him). I think Vicki paid for most of the extras such as vacations.
  • Love 4

There is one source that is basically saying that Alexis coming back next season is a done deal. I could see that happening, and think they were floating the idea when they had her on WWHL a couple of weeks ago. I have never been able to stand Alexis, and hated the fact that she kind of ended her run on a high note because of some perceived "gang up". I think it would be fascinating to have her come back as Vicki's lone friend on the show. She was very popular when she left, and has become the object of fierce protection on some sites. I think it would be very interesting to see how she might be perceived if she came on and attempted to convince everyone that Vicki really isn't so bad.

I do think at the end of the day that at some point Bravo will try to cross over a HW from one show to another. They haven't done this yet, and with the franchise overall becoming stale, I would think they would be looking at ways to shake things up. They have done the deal where one or two HW's makes an appearance on another show (Brandi and Yo on NY a couple of seasons ago, Lisa R on this show a few episodes ago, and then we will see the BH and NY gals mingle in the Hamptons for the upcoming BH season), but no one has ever moved from one franchise to the other (as far as I know). I still wouldn't rule out this happening with Brandi. Her custody deal probably wouldn't matter as she currently lives 30 or so minutes from Eddie and LeAnn, and arrangments can be altered for a time if both parties agree. I would think at this point that an employed Brandi is better for Eddie than an unemployed one. She can also do all the name calling she wants. The other ladies might not like it, but I still don't think that anyone on this show has that much power. Lisa V can probably get whatever she wants, no matter how much she tries to say otherwise, as can Beth. I just don't think that Heather or Tamra have that much power, and I also think they would love the idea of having this bitch to kick around. I think it would be awesome. I hate Brandi, but that would be "must see" TV for me.

I could see them bringing back either Jenna or Alexis but I do not see them moving Brandi to the OC show. IMO, just mine, Brandi tweeting about Vicki/OC is nothing more than her trying to remain relevant to her "fans" and to keep her name attached to the HW franchise and nothing more. At this point, Brandi is desperate to keep her name in the press/tabloids/blogs and will do/say whatever she can to get a mention, even just a blip, in 1 of their reports about any HW.

Even though Heather, Shannon and Tamra (to lesser degree) all say that they do not want to film with Vicki right now, I don't think they would actually refuse by the time filming begins. I can see them all "working" through their issues as the main storyline for next season, Lizzie talking the others into forgiving Vicki, Tamra would forgive rather quickly, followed midway through the season by Heather, with Shannon holding out until the end. That said, who knows how this will play out when filming does begin but I do see Tamra, Heather and Shannon all making up with Vicki at some point.

• Love 8

If Brooks told her insurance covers everything we know that is a big fat lie, no insurance covers everything and Vicky would know that!

Actually, that's not entirely true.  Just about every procedure, every medication, every treatment, etc. that I had for three cancers was paid for by my health insurance, probably adding up to close to $1M (including 60 days in the best hospital in Boston).  That being said, my health insurance costs me over $1K a month, and although I like to complain about it, I remind myself that it really is the best bargain I ever got.  I had to pay the copays ($20) and an occasional fee.  So Brooks could be correct about that.....if you believed that he did/does have NHL.  I don't believe it for a second.

• Love 9