Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Two girlfriends. One is the mother of his kid and then every doctors office or medical facility she knew of. Also, I was just using the restraining order reference to demonstrate it has been established by law that had she been issued one, the other behavior would have been breaking it because it's third party stalking. She was damn close to deserving one and that's just based on what she told us about. Who knows what else she did.

Meghan only contacted 1 ex GF, not 2. LOL She sited articles/blogs written on SH site where the 2 ex GF talk about Brooks and his fake claims of "cancer" to them before he and Vicki got together on the show. Nothing Meghan did came close to "stalking" anyone, let alone Brooks. Brooks was a willing and paid participant on a relaity TV show that lied about having cancer, the shame is on him and Vicki for that lie, not Meghan for exposing their lie.

• Love 9

Meghan only contacted 1 ex GF, not 2. LOL She sited articles/blogs written on SH site where the 2 ex GF talk about Brooks and his fake claims of "cancer" to them before he and Vicki got together on the show. Nothing Meghan did came close to "stalking" anyone, let alone Brooks. Brooks was a willing and paid participant on a relaity TV show that lied about having cancer, the shame is on him and Vicki for that lie, not Meghan for exposing their lie.

LOL? I'm just having a shallow conversation on a forum about a staged reality show. No need to go there.

• Love 1

LOL? I'm just having a shallow conversation on a forum about a staged reality show. No need to go there.

I say/use "LOL" a lot to show I am not serious or upset about anything, NOT to make anyone feel uncomfortable ot to make fun of them. Sorry if you misunderstood or took it the wrong way.

• Love 10

I don't know which of the 3 parts of the reunion I just watched a minute ago but....

Vicki's ex-friends had to be punkng her when they begged to hear the "funniest story ever" about her mother. About the keying of the motorcycle. That right there is messed up. Vickie told it with such pride. Maybe her mom died from an aneurysm because something in her brain was twisted if that really happened. The other HWS are also a little mental for thinking what that woman did was so hysterical. Or, they were punkng Vicki into telling a horrible story about her mom on national TV. Her dead mom. Gee, that's equally twisted. Knew there was a reason I quit this franchise last season. Even Heather HiBrow was laughing.

I don't know which of the 3 parts of the reunion I just watched a minute ago but....

Vicki's ex-friends had to be punkng her when they begged to hear the "funniest story ever" about her mother. About the keying of the motorcycle. That right there is messed up. Vickie told it with such pride. Maybe her mom died from an aneurysm because something in her brain was twisted if that really happened. The other HWS are also a little mental for thinking what that woman did was so hysterical. Or, they were punkng Vicki into telling a horrible story about her mom on national TV. Her dead mom. Gee, that's equally twisted. Knew there was a reason I quit this franchise last season. Even Heather HiBrow was laughing.

That was part two.

Meghan conducted Internet sleuthing with respect to a co-worker and public figure with whom she's acquainted both firsthand and via two to three degrees of separation through other social relationships. I don't see a substantive amount of daylight between this and participating in an Internet forum that's part of a broader cultural apparatus and news cycle in which Brooks's accounts have been parsed, dissected, and deconstructed by and for the benefit of individuals who have never met him and will never meet him - to me, Meghan's Nancy Drew is an understandable byproduct of the Warholian nature of the franchise she's filming - a fourth-wall effect comparable to conduct and conflicts that have operated as narrative focal points in other series in the franchise (the tabloids in BH, for instance, or the book about Danielle Staub in NJ). The premise that Meghan perpetrated stalking or violated laws (a premise that was advanced on here in the weeks before the finale) is, in addition to being accurate, kind of rich considering Brooks and Vicki were actually spinning yarns about their colleagues out of whole cloth (and not just inquiring about them) and that it has now been demonstrated that Brooks manufactured a dummy bill from City of Hope . . . And I must have missed the soliloquies in which Meghan made Brooks's charade a matter of injury to herself; what I *do* recall is framing her outrage is disgust on Lee Ann's behalf. For all of the conjecture that Meghan was exaggerating her relationship to Lee Ann and/or her children (even though neither Haley, who has taken to social media to express her opinion on the series on multiple occasions, nor Lauren nor Lee Ann's husband ever disputed the representation of that relationship), the premise that Jim left Lee Ann for Allison is pure fan fiction. All my subjective opinion, of course.

*ETC: inaccurate . . .

• Love 10

I say/use "LOL" a lot to show I am not serious or upset about anything, NOT to make anyone feel uncomfortable ot to make fun of them. Sorry if you misunderstood or took it the wrong way.

It's all good. That's the trouble with communicating in text, it's hard to convey and decipher the intended tone.

:-)

• Love 2

Has anyone seen Andy's post on the Bravo website about if he believes Brooms or not? I saw it last night, and it honestly kinda confused me because it didn't really address anything outright and basically if Vicki doesn't believe Brooks anymore then it must not be true, but then it sited that people did take him for chemo... I don't know if it didn't make sense becaus it was late or if it just doesn't make sense. If I can find it again I'll try to post it.

• Love 1
And if only meghan would put as much effort into visiting terminally ill children with cancer....

Who's to say she doesn't?  Actually, we don't see the RHOC doing anything truly kind or charitable on an invidivual basis.  The "fundraisers" or "STARTING a charity" are most likely self-serving ventures...to get publicity for themselves, the show, and/or BRAVO.

• Love 8

Welcome back-you have been missed.

Thanks all.I'm actually still in London.. Saw Bumpkin from Ladies of London. Saw we have a preview date for RHOBH and I will see you ladies there. I don't head home until next Monday. I'm headed for some big  Doctor WHo thing at the Excel. Center next weekend . And I have not seen the finale or the reunions. I have a lot to catch up on when I get home.

• Love 2

OK, so what happens?

He's going to ask for a glass of milk. When you give him the milk, he'll probably ask you for a straw. When he's finished, he'll ask you for a napkin. Then he'll want to look in a mirror to make sure he doesn't have a milk mustache. When he looks in the mirror, he might notice his hair needs a trim. So he'll probably ask for a pair of nail scissors. When he's finished giving himself a trim, he'll want a broom to sweep it up. He'll start sweeping. He might get carried away and sweep every room in the house. He may even end up washing the floors as well! When he's done, he'll probably want to take a nap. You'll have to fix up a little box for him with a blanket and a pillow. He'll crawl in, make himself comfortable and fluff the pillow a few times. He'll probably ask you to read him a story. So you'll read to him from one of your books, and he'll ask to see the pictures. When he looks at the pictures, he'll get so excited he'll want to draw one of his own. He'll ask for paper and crayons. He'll draw a picture. When the picture is finished, he'll want to sign his name with a pen. Then he'll want to hang his picture on your refrigerator. Which means he'll need Scotch tape. He'll hang up his drawing and stand back to look at it. Looking at the refrigerator will remind him that he's thirsty. So... he'll ask for a glass of milk.

And chances are if he asks you for a glass of milk, he's going to want a cookie to go with it.

This episode has only just screened in Australia and we are up to page 16 here?!

I'm sure I have nothing new to add so I'll just share my strongest thought:

Shannon. Owned. Vicki.

Owned.

In fairness, with all that Xanax in her, a stiff breeze could have owned Vicki.

• Love 8

Two girlfriends. One is the mother of his kid and then every doctors office or medical facility she knew of. Also, I was just using the restraining order reference to demonstrate it has been established by law that had she been issued one, the other behavior would have been breaking it because it's third party stalking. She was damn close to deserving one and that's just based on what she told us about. Who knows what else she did.

There has never been anything said about her contacting two ex-girlfriends.  She mentioned two ex-girlfriends had written in comments on a blog and she contacted one of them.  The mother of his kid went on television and spoke of Brooks so it is not much of a stretch to think she talks about Brooks.  Brooks mentioned a doctor by name (who later denied treating him in writing to Heather's attorney), she called his office, as he was a noncologist, and asked if the doctor treated cancer.  Her second contact  was after Vicki had texted her about Brooks receiving a PET/CT scan at Newport Imaging, another apparently false statement by Vicki on behalf of Brooks.

Meghan has every right to call a medical provider and find out if they offer a service.  By her account she never mentioned Brooks by name.  Other than perhaps annoying the staff she did nothing wrong.  There are many things unlikeable about Meghan but Vicki kind of started the baiting when she asked Meghan, in Tahiti, why she was in OC while Jim was in St. Louis.  Meghan gave up trying to explain to Vicki she was there because Hayley wanted to be close to her terminally ill mother.  The more obvious answer is because she signed a contract to film RHOC.  So I do think there was a little tit for tat.  By the time Meghan had called the medical providers Vicki had taken her to task at the sex party.  Granted all of Meghan's snooping were guaranteed to ensure she and Vicki would never have a cordial relationship.

There was no third party stalking involved.  Confirming someone's story is not stalking.  If Brooks had said, "I leased this Mercedes from ABC Autos for $200.00 a month."  Would it be third party stalking if Meghan has called ABC Autos and asked if they leased Mercedes for $200.00 a month?  I do not believe it would be.

• Love 10

There has never been anything said about her contacting two ex-girlfriends. She mentioned two ex-girlfriends had written in comments on a blog and she contacted one of them. The mother of his kid went on television and spoke of Brooks so it is not much of a stretch to think she talks about Brooks. Brooks mentioned a doctor by name (who later denied treating him in writing to Heather's attorney), she called his office, as he was a noncologist, and asked if the doctor treated cancer. Her second contact was after Vicki had texted her about Brooks receiving a PET/CT scan at Newport Imaging, another apparently false statement by Vicki on behalf of Brooks.

Meghan has every right to call a medical provider and find out if they offer a service.

There was no third party stalking involved. Confirming someone's story is not stalking. If Brooks had said, "I leased this Mercedes from ABC Autos for $200.00 a month." Would it be third party stalking if Meghan has called ABC Autos and asked if they leased Mercedes for $200.00 a month? I do not believe it would be.

Clearly, we disagree and that's fine. My point is if someone was contacting my ex who knows my other ex (who both hate me and talk shit about me) and for the sake of argument...calling the grocery store I go to to see if I really go there and my chiropractor to see if what I said an adjustment costs is the price they quote etc. They are officially a psycho stalker! Just because they have a legal right to do it doesn't make it okay. Meghan came off as someone with no boundaries in every way this season, with Hayley, with cancer and with Brooks. Now having said that, this is a reality show, the rules of common decency don't apply to the show. We all wanted to know the truth about Brooks. He signed on for this. He was clearly being shady and Meghan was definitely providing drama for the show with her investigation.

• Love 8

I think Meghan  badly wanted to fit right in and grab a storyline and one was there for the asking.

I was watching an episode I'd missed today and it struck me how often Vicki says stuff like 'I want it to be about me' or 'I want it to be all about me for a change' or 'this should be about me'.  And that is her excuse for going along with the Brooks charade isn't it?  She wanted the attention and sympathy all on her.  What a black hole that woman is.

• Love 13

Clearly, we disagree and that's fine. My point is if someone was contacting my ex who knows my other ex (who both hate me and talk shit about me) and for the sake of argument...calling the grocery store I go to to see if I really go there and my chiropractor to see if what I said an adjustment costs is the price they quote etc. They are officially a psycho stalker! Just because they have a legal right to do it doesn't make it okay. Meghan came off as someone with no boundaries in every way this season, with Hayley, with cancer and with Brooks. Now having said that, this is a reality show, the rules of common decency don't apply to the show. We all wanted to know the truth about Brooks. He signed on for this. He was clearly being shady and Meghan was definitely providing drama for the show with her investigation.

Meghan never asked of Brooks went to a facility she asked if cancer was treated and if they performed PET Scans.  That is the big difference.  Calling the girlfriend, Brooks was correct-"what is your motivation?"  I wish Meghan would have said what her motivation was at that time.  Meghan conceded at the Reunion that the only who could get documents is Brooks so she used secondary and tertiary methods to check his claim.  Brooks out of either a great deal of hubris decided to hedge his bet and cook up documents.  City of Hope probably will never confirm or deny his "documents" but there are enough secondary sources that put his claims at issue.  I have always wondered with Brooks putting the date out there why no one has come forward and claimed they were in the infusion room with him on the dates he claims he was there.  Patient to patient there is no guarantee of confidentiality.   It is the little things with this guy.

• Love 6

I can't fault Meghan for digging, forget Nancy Drew I would've been Jessica Fletcher with this shit.  We (the viewers) have dug up info about Brooks & his cancer lies & haven't laid eyes on the man in person.  My BFF since HS was dating a guy who wouldn't know a truth if it bit him on the ass & she was so "in love" she couldn't see past the bullshit he was trying to sell.  I checked out the things that were researchable. (He co-wrote a hit country song ::eyeroll:: is just one example) This guy wasn't faking cancer or anything so I kept my info to myself until after their relationship had already soured but it was painful having to spend any amount of time in his company. 

• Love 9

So maybe this will be Brook's next big explanation of how he overcame his lymphoma.  I couldn't help but think of him when I read this article:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/news/could-vaccines-cure-cancer/?xid=aol_eh-gen_9_20151102_&aolcat=HLT&icid=maing-grid7|bon1-c|dl22|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D685261340

In all seriousness though, I think it wonderful that researchers are discovering treatments that will help cancer patients.

• Love 2

I believe the guy in the instagram photo is guilles marini (I'm sure i massacred the spelling) an actor (french, i think) best known for his naked shower scene in Sex and the City the movie.

I'm sure Vicki is very busy trying to devise an interesting storyline for next season so she'll be assured another paycheck.

I don't care what she's doing. Hopefully she and Tamra are never going to be seen or heard from again.

• Love 3

I believe the guy in the instagram photo is guilles marini (I'm sure i massacred the spelling) an actor (french, i think) best known for his naked shower scene in Sex and the City the movie.

I'm sure Vicki is very busy trying to devise an interesting storyline for next season so she'll be assured another paycheck.

I don't care what she's doing. Hopefully she and Tamra are never going to be seen or heard from again.

From Vicki's Twitter she was in OC on the morning and evening of the 4th, in Chicago on the evening of the 5th with the good looking guy and another lady, and somehow she was back in the OC on the evening of the 6th.  I smell something fishy.   Are we suppose to believe she flew to Chicago for dinner? 

• Love 1

I could care less but this whole bru ha ha and craziness really has been fueled by Vicky talking out her ass the whole time ABOUT Brooks and his situation. I don't get how Vicky admitting whatever was going on with her rationale or admitting her doubts or trying to back track and give some explanation about HER behavior and the stories SHE was telling automatically means anything about Brooks. All I know is that I have NO IDEA what's going on with Brooks and Vicky's admissions just further the fact that now there really isn't anything to go on because aside from Brooks ridiculous decision to produce these questionable and laughable documents there is nothing else but the claims of others that have an axe to grind with that man. Point being, there is some messy messy happening in that man's life and I wouldn't touch on it with a ten foot pole because there is just no way to sort through that mess and I really don't get why anyone would want to. When these woman go at it I keeping getting this picture in my head of woman behind a house digging through tin garbage cans looking for information. Anyone who wants to go digging to that extent really needs a hobby, or chakra stones, or meditation statues cause it just doesn't make sense to care that much about someone who doesn't affect your life (aside from being a nuisance) one bit.  If the dude wasn't taking food out of my childs mouth, affecting my ability to provide for my family or affecting my livelihood or threatening my life financially or physically then shit what the fuck do I care? (To that degree?)

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Giles, sigh.  He was first noticed as the naked shower guy, omg I can watch that scene over and over!  But since then, he has been on DWTS twice, and has had recurring roles on Brothers and Sisters, Two Broke Girls, Hot in Cleveland, and Pretty Little Liars.  Yum.   I follow him on FB and he was in Chicago last week. 

Edited by Pattycake2

I could care less but this whole bru ha ha and craziness really has been fueled by Vicky talking out her ass the whole time ABOUT Brooks and his situation. I don't get how Vicky admitting whatever was going on with her rationale or admitting her doubts or trying to back track and give some explanation about HER behavior and the stories SHE was telling automatically means anything about Brooks. All I know is that I have NO IDEA what's going on with Brooks and Vicky's admissions just further the fact that now there really isn't anything to go on because aside from Brooks ridiculous decision to produce these questionable and laughable documents there is nothing else but the claims of others that have an axe to grind with that man. Point being, there is some messy messy happening in that man's life and I wouldn't touch on it with a ten foot pole because there is just no way to sort through that mess and I really don't get why anyone would want to. When these woman go at it I keeping getting this picture in my head of woman behind a house digging through tin garbage cans looking for information. Anyone who wants to go digging to that extent really needs a hobby, or chakra stones, or meditation statues cause it just doesn't make sense to care that much about someone who doesn't affect your life (aside from being a nuisance) one bit.  If the dude wasn't taking food out of my childs mouth, affecting my ability to provide for my family or affecting my livelihood or threatening my life financially or physically then shit what the fuck do I care? (To that degree?)

No one connected with the show dug through garbage cans.  So I wouldn't let it rent space in your head.

From Heather's Podcast the reason these women wanted to know the truth is because a faking cancer has the ability to turn viewers away from watching the show and that does affect their ability to earn.   They talked about inauthentic stories. Had Brooks been left unchecked and claimed the resveratrol and supplements cure, the rest are guilty by association with the charlatan. 

• Love 5

What does that mean? Is that a drug?

Oh this i can answer thanks to another Reality Show Love N Hip Hop.

I've seen it written as Mally

Usually in pill form it is like ecstasy plus mesc (so you're high, touchy feely and hallucinating)

Is Michael, Vicki's son?

• Love 1

I'm with you. Scary how Meghan has behaved. On it's own it would be extremely creepy and even if you put it in the context of what all of it was about its still creepy even if the subject of her actions is Brooks. Chilling that such behavior is acceptable as long as you're going after someone that "isn't on the up and up" cause you know, JUSTICE. I would hope taking up such crusades would have more than "liar, liar pants on fire" or "I'm not buying what you're selling" at the crux of engaging in such distasteful behavior. <Shudder>

No one connected with the show dug through garbage cans.  So I wouldn't let it rent space in your head.

From Heather's Podcast the reason these women wanted to know the truth is because a faking cancer has the ability to turn viewers away from watching the show and that does affect their ability to earn.   They talked about inauthentic stories. Had Brooks been left unchecked and claimed the resveratrol and supplements cure, the rest are guilty by association with the charlatan. 

Turn AWAY from the show?? Okay, sure. If she says so... I guess....Arms are really long on that one tho, at least IMO anyway.

I said the ridiculous behavior made me THINK of women digging in trash cans (which now internet "sleuthing" replaces the actual trash can diving from back in the day) ala papparazzi, sleazy journalist, etc. etc. As in taking to distasteful means to "get the story".

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2

No one connected with the show dug through garbage cans. So I wouldn't let it rent space in your head.

From Heather's Podcast the reason these women wanted to know the truth is because a faking cancer has the ability to turn viewers away from watching the show and that does affect their ability to earn. They talked about inauthentic stories. Had Brooks been left unchecked and claimed the resveratrol and supplements cure, the rest are guilty by association with the charlatan.

They spoke of inauthentic stories, but faking cancer is lower than just making up some shit. I don't see why the rest would be guilty by association. The guilt would go where it is deserved. If someone is going to rush out and only use resveratrol to cure their cancer, without any further research, because they saw it on a reality show then that person is fucking stupid.

Oh this i can answer thanks to another Reality Show Love N Hip Hop.

I've seen it written as Mally

Usually in pill form it is like ecstasy plus mesc (so you're high, touchy feely and hallucinating)

Is Michael, Vicki's son?

Yes, Vicki's son. Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 5

They spoke of inauthentic stories, but faking cancer is lower than just making up some shit. I don't see why the rest would be guilty by association. The guilt would go where it is deserved. If someone is going to rush out and only use resveratrol to cure their cancer, without any further research, because they saw it on a reality show then that person is fucking stupid.

True! and LOL!!!!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6

I'm with you. Scary how Meghan has behaved. On it's own it would be extremely creepy and even if you put it in the context of what all of it was about its still creepy even if the subject of her actions is Brooks. Chilling that such behavior is acceptable as long as you're going after someone that "isn't on the up and up" cause you know, JUSTICE. I would hope taking up such crusades would have more than "liar, liar pants on fire" or "I'm not buying what you're selling" at the crux of engaging in such distasteful behavior. <Shudder>

Turn AWAY from the show?? Okay, sure. If she says so... I guess....Arms are really long on that one tho, at least IMO anyway.

I said the ridiculous behavior made me THINK of women digging in trash cans (which now internet "sleuthing" replaces the actual trash can diving from back in the day) ala papparazzi, sleazy journalist, etc. etc. As in taking to distasteful means to "get the story".

The "ridiculous behavior" would be confined to Meghan though-she was the one making the phone calls to Brooks' ex and the medical facilities.  The others pretty much just matched up inconsistent stories. I think from what I am reading here on this thread the word "they" is used a lot.  To me that reinforces Heather's belief that as an ensemble cast if one is inauthentic, it paints the others with the same brush.

Vicki was given three shots by her friends to have an open discussions about their concerns and Meghan's findings.  She systematically shut each opportunity down and only agreed to listen when she was in an environment where she was drugged and not able to escape.  Even when things got rough Vicki was yelling for them to stop.  Vicki's an island when it suits her and the rest are bad friends for not supporting her.  I think all they were trying to do was have an intelligent discussion with Vicki about Brooks' claims.

• Love 3

Yes, Vicki's son.

I keep wondering what Brooks has on Vicki. I always thought he had something over on her since the Vicki Vodka debacle.

It would not surprise me if she is still seeing him or in the least paying his bills.

I'm thinking sex tape involving multiple partners (I'm putting my Laurie cap on) Ha!

• Love 3

Yes, Vicki's son.

I think the guilt by association is by letting Brooks and Vicki have a pass.  I labor under the belief there are many people with cancer and who have loved ones with cancer that might try any number of things because they are scared and desperate.  When Brooks was making the resveratrol pitch he was basing the doctor's personal result on a purely anecdotal account.  It reminds of the logo "as seen on TV" people will respond to odd things.

• Love 4

That reunion was a hot mess.  The way the first two parts went, I had no desire to watch the third part and I didn't even watch it until last Thursday. I am so glad this season is over.  Bravo needs to do a wholesale purge of this cast and start with all new OC HW.

• Love 3

I think the guilt by association is by letting Brooks and Vicki have a pass. I labor under the belief there are many people with cancer and who have loved ones with cancer that might try any number of things because they are scared and desperate. When Brooks was making the resveratrol pitch he was basing the doctor's personal result on a purely anecdotal account. It reminds of the logo "as seen on TV" people will respond to odd things.

Really? You think someone watched the show and then called a sick loved one and said.....hey I was watching a craptastic realty show and a guy said he knew a doctor that got better by just using resveratrol and I think you should stop listening to your doctors, stop all other treatments and only use resveratrol? And then that person said fuck yeah, I'm going to be cured? :-)

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 8

PET Scan/CT Scan

I went and got a Cat Scan from the same place as Brooks...from Hoagie Newfound Imaging....yeah yeah yeah that's the ticket

Now how authentic is this...well I'm a Bunny so you draw your own conclusions

Ox1xu1.jpg

• Love 14

The "ridiculous behavior" would be confined to Meghan though-she was the one making the phone calls to Brooks' ex and the medical facilities.  The others pretty much just matched up inconsistent stories. I think from what I am reading here on this thread the word "they" is used a lot.  To me that reinforces Heather's belief that as an ensemble cast if one is inauthentic, it paints the others with the same brush.

Vicki was given three shots by her friends to have an open discussions about their concerns and Meghan's findings.  She systematically shut each opportunity down and only agreed to listen when she was in an environment where she was drugged and not able to escape.  Even when things got rough Vicki was yelling for them to stop.  Vicki's an island when it suits her and the rest are bad friends for not supporting her.  I think all they were trying to do was have an intelligent discussion with Vicki about Brooks' claims.

I use the term "They" because they ALL behaved ridiculously to certain degrees. I will always, no matter what, consider digging this deep into ANYONE'S medical business completely repulsive. I don't care who claimed what, what didn't add up, what I don't understand, how many doubts, who hasn't lost any hair, who still has a nose on their face after battling nose cancer etc. etc. At some point, and to me that point would've been rather early on, you just let it go and leave it alone, when it comes to someone's medical condition or claims, cut the topic short or avoid speaking on it or engaging in conversations about it EVEN with the one making the claims if doubts are had ESPECIALLY when it doesn't have any TRUE detrimental effect on the quality or security of your life. Change the subject for Christ sake! Nope, Not for a reality show, not for a pay check or an orange, not for some fake concern or the cloak of "JUSTICE", not cause Brooks is a con man, not because he was an advocate of beating Brianna's ass and not because he's a slimy character. The "cancercard" would have served it's purpose on me had I been a housewife if it was indeed used as a way to shield Brooks from the wrath he experienced in the past from the cast (or for whatever reason for that matter) because I quite simply wouldn't have had the deplorable need to question it beyond the basic niceties and well wishes no matter what I believed or what doubts I had or even if I was in fact on a reality show.

Really? You think someone watched the show and then called a sick loved one and said.....hey I was watching a craptastic realty show and a guy said he knew a doctor that got better by just using resveratrol and I think you should stop listening to your doctors, stop all other treatments and only use resveratrol? And then that person said fuck yeah, I'm going to be cured? :-)

Agreed! There was no official pitch so this is just reaching IMO.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5

I use the term "They" because they ALL behaved ridiculously to certain degrees. I will always, no matter what, consider digging this deep into ANYONE'S medical business completely repulsive. I don't care who claimed what, what didn't add up, what I don't understand, how many doubts, who hasn't lost any hair, who still has a nose on their face after battling nose cancer etc. etc. At some point, and to me that point would've been rather early on, you just let it go and leave it alone, when it comes to someone's medical condition or claims ESPECIALLY when it doesn't have any TRUE detrimental effect on the quality or security of your life. Not for a reality show, not for a pay check or an orange, not for some fake concern or the cloak of "JUSTICE", not cause Brooks is a con man, not because he was an advocate of beating Brianna's ass and not because he's a slimy character. The "cancercard" would have served it's purpose on me had I been a housewife if it was indeed used as a way to shield Brooks from the wrath he experienced in the past from the cast (or for whatever reason for that matter) because I quite simply wouldn't have had the deplorable need to question it beyond the basic niceties and well wishes no matter what I believed or what doubts I had.

This exactly.  What kind of people actually care whether or not Brooks was faking to go to the extent that they did?  No matter how much these women try to spin it, it was not affecting them in anyway other than they were being duped--so hurt pride I guess.  Were they organizing some sort of support for Brooks, monetary or otherwise, before they thought he was lying?  No.  Brooks is a slime-ball, con man and a lying liar that lies, but how exactly was his cancer/no cancer story personally detrimental to them? Their seach for the truth (and justice) was all b.s., and frankly creepy in a stalkerish way.  IF Vicki didn't know the real truth, then I can see her being hurt and the only one of these women who was personally affected.  And to a certain extent if Shannon used her personal contacts to try to help Brooks and he wasted her time and the time of the doctors to whom she referred Brooks, then I can see her being a little mad (however, not to the extent of going back to Hoag or Newport Imaging or wherever to get another scan to prove Brooks wrong).  But the rest of these women?  No.

• Love 5

This exactly.  What kind of people actually care whether or not Brooks was faking to go to the extent that they did?  No matter how much these women try to spin it, it was not affecting them in anyway other than they were being duped--so hurt pride I guess.  Were they organizing some sort of support for Brooks, monetary or otherwise, before they thought he was lying?  No.  Brooks is a slime-ball, con man and a lying liar that lies, but how exactly was his cancer/no cancer story personally detrimental to them? Their seach for the truth (and justice) was all b.s., and frankly creepy in a stalkerish way.  IF Vicki didn't know the real truth, then I can see her being hurt and the only one of these women who was personally affected.  And to a certain extent if Shannon used her personal contacts to try to help Brooks and he wasted her time and the time of the doctors to whom she referred Brooks, then I can see her being a little mad (however, not to the extent of going back to Hoag or Newport Imaging or wherever to get another scan to prove Brooks wrong).  But the rest of these women?  No.

So you feel that Heather had no right to be upset when she learned about Vicki's Terry/IV lie? Really? IMO, Heather/Terry had far more right to be upset with Vicki than Shannon or anyone else/ Oh, and that lie was told months BEFORE filming began and I really doubt that Vicki only told Briana/Shannon, I wouldn't put it past her to tell that lie to her private friends as well, so we have no idea how far that lie spread BEFORE Heather called her out on it.

Bottom line for ALL of the OC HWs is camera time and Brooks/Vicki lies about cancer took the camera off of the rest based on a lie to keep those cameras focused on themselves. IMO, what they did, Vicki/Brooks, is about as low as someone can go, lying about having cancer is sick.

• Love 6

So you feel that Heather had no right to be upset when she learned about Vicki's Terry/IV lie? Really? IMO, Heather/Terry had far more right to be upset with Vicki than Shannon or anyone else/ Oh, and that lie was told months BEFORE filming began and I really doubt that Vicki only told Briana/Shannon, I wouldn't put it past her to tell that lie to her private friends as well, so we have no idea how far that lie spread BEFORE Heather called her out on it.

Bottom line for ALL of the OC HWs is camera time and Brooks/Vicki lies about cancer took the camera off of the rest based on a lie to keep those cameras focused on themselves. IMO, what they did, Vicki/Brooks, is about as low as someone can go, lying about having cancer is sick.

Was it Vicki who lied about the IV or Brooks?

And no, I don't think that lie was worth are the truth and justice brigade's efforts to out Brooks.

• Love 3

Was it Vicki who lied about the IV or Brooks?

It was Vicki, hence my saying that Heather had more right to be mad at Vicki than Shannon. That does not negate Brooks lie about having cancer though, Vicki;s and Brooks's lies go hand in hand.

• Love 6

I never said it doesn't negate whether or not Brooks lied.  I'm saying I don't care and I think these petty women are full of themselves if they care so much.

And if the lie was told months before hand and it was SOOOOOOOOO important and offensive to Heather, then why didn't she bring it up during the season?

Sounds like a bunch of b.s. to me.

• Love 3

It was Vicki, hence my saying that Heather had more right to be mad at Vicki than Shannon. That does not negate Brooks lie about having cancer though, Vicki;s and Brooks's lies go hand in hand.

I agree, and I don't care about the women's motives in trying to expose the lies, and i hope this isn't offensive, but I don't think it's cute to mock in theory desperate people who see a seeming cure or option for cancer on a show and think "maybe" to themselves.  Desperate people in terrible straits are desperate people in terrible straits, and aren't stupid, whatever they decide, because they might theoretically be swayed by the campaign of two lying scumbags to 'prove' a 'cured' cancer for their own selfish reasons.  At some point during all of this conning, Vicki and Brooks sought to gain financially from this apparently via the juicing service shown, and they both wore t-shirts to advertise that woman's company, and had the meeting with the doctor filmed and aired.  

It's incredibly offensive and cruel to posture as if there are these hopeful treatments, look at me using them, when the person in question has lied his skunk ass off about everything, and was abetted in doing so by a porcine g.d. loser trashbag like Vicki.  It's a different quality of lie than most housewives lies. 

• Love 13

Heather and Terry are by far the biggest fame whores on this show so if they were mad it was for shallow vapid attention. They had no storyline. Nothing anybody said about him could ruin his reputation more than The Swan and Bridalplasty did.

Edit to add..this is a snarky blanket statement and I usually regret doing that (even though in my mind I "drop the mic" as I tap reply) :-)

Edited by freeradical
  • Love 9

I never said it doesn't negate whether or not Brooks lied.  I'm saying I don't care and I think these petty women are full of themselves if they care so much.

So someone makes up a lie about your husband, professionally, and then spreads this lie around to your friends/co workers and it wouldn't bother you? You wouldn't correct that lie, confront the liar and have her acknowledge she lied to those she told it to? You are far more forgiving than I am because I would do just that, just like Heather did.  

All of the HWs are "full of themselves", they have to be to want to do the show and that includes Vicki....OH, and Brooks.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8

I would say it wasn't true and leave it at that.

And if the lie took SOOOOOO much tilme away from the other women, then there was an EASY answer to shut it down.  Just stop talking about it.

People aren't going to look to some stupid fake reality show to find answers to their cancer.  That's ridiculous.

If it was sooooo important to Heather, then why didn't she bring it up sooner?

• Love 6

Shannon did not have another scan done-she got a copy of her report from a previous scan to take to the Reunion.  Big difference.  Tamra, Heather and Shannon have all said pretty much the same thing, it wasn't the Brooks cancer or no cancer it was their friendship with Vicki and how it was impacted.  here is more of the Reunion and what there is to look forward to: http://www.etonline.com/tv/175572_vicki_gunvalson_shares_red_flags/

• Love 4

Shannon did not have another scan done-she got a copy of her report from a previous scan to take to the Reunion.  Big difference.  Tamra, Heather and Shannon have all said pretty much the same thing, it wasn't the Brooks cancer or no cancer it was their friendship with Vicki and how it was impacted.  here is more of the Reunion and what there is to look forward to: http://www.etonline.com/tv/175572_vicki_gunvalson_shares_red_flags/

Ok, thanks for the correction!  That goes to show how much I paid attention to that ****fest.

• Love 1

I would say it wasn't true and leave it at that.

And if the lie took SOOOOOO much tilme away from the other women, then there was an EASY answer to shut it down.  Just stop talking about it.

People aren't going to look to some stupid fake reality show to find answers to their cancer.  That's ridiculous.

If it was sooooo important to Heather, then why didn't she bring it up sooner?

Heather only found out about the lie, from Tamra right before the Baptism, she then confirmed it via phone with Briana and then Shannon revealed at the party that Vicki also told her the same lie in October and Heather went and asked Vicki about that lie right away, she did NOT wait. Vicki denied saying that lie, she claimed she was in OK at the time the Terry/IV thing was supposed to have happened. Vicki only admitted to the lie at the reunion.....and then claimed she made up that lie for sympathy and casseroles from her fellow cast members. Again, Heather did not rake Vicki over the coals, she didn't yell/raise her voice, call Vicki a "liar" or any other names, Heather handled it like an adult, she addressed the lie, got Vicki to confirm it was a lie and then moved on.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 8