Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Vicki said Brooks was throwing up, not dying.   I think Terry would have been able to tell the difference and write a prescription if he had actually been called.  I Also can't help but think that if Terry was outraged by Vicki's story about the IV, he would have brought it up on camera and not left it to Heather.  Not to mention that Heather never mentioned any consequences of such a lie.  She just said she asked Terry and it wasn't true.  It was just a lie.  A dumb lie.

Yes, Terry could have written a script, even though Brooks was NOT his patient but then you have the issue of getting said perscription filled. According to the story, this happened late at night and I am assuming that just like here, PA, most retail pharmacies would have been closed and most retail pharmacies do NOT prepare IV bags as they do not have HEPA HOODS/Units to do it. That would leave getting said IV bag from a hospital, so he, Terry, would have just told Brooks to go to the closest hospital and notify his Oncologist/treating Physician. Having an IV administered at home is not the same as getting a bottle of pills filled.

• Love 7

At the link, there is another link to a PDF for City of Hope's Notice of Privacy Practices.

It is worth the read, IMO.

http://www.cityofhope.org/privacy-policies-and-code-of-conduct

I wonder who the City of Hope representative E contacted is? Why wasn't the representative's name and their position stated in the article, on the record?

----

Thanks for the link.  Essentially City of Hope Code of Conduct is summed up in one word, integrity.  I think they abided by their own self-imposed code.  Once Brooks involved the institution and one of its' physician they were put in the uncomfortable position of having to defend their hospital and physician.  I guess it puts an end to those who claim that a non treating provider cannot comment on a alleged patient. 

Does it matter who the representative is?  US Magazine is reporting essentially the same thing.  My guess is the representative most likely has work to do and doesn't want to spend the next few days answering phone calls from curious by standers.   

I think Tamra may have summed up best when she said if he doesn't have cancer he needs another kind of help.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 12

Vicki said Brooks was throwing up, not dying. I think Terry would have been able to tell the difference and write a prescription if he had actually been called. I Also can't help but think that if Terry was outraged by Vicki's story about the IV, he would have brought it up on camera and not left it to Heather. Not to mention that Heather never mentioned any consequences of such a lie. She just said she asked Terry and it wasn't true. It was just a lie. A dumb lie.

Dude. Terry is not Brooks Doctor, he's a plastic surgeon not an oncologist and I don't know of any doctors that make housecalls. Brooks was claiming/lying about having cancer and the e room has the ability to check oxygen levels, heartbeat, pulse, and take blood to confirm hydration had actually improved. I was only commenting to the obsurdity of them thinking they could get an iv delivered. I don't know why I'm even responding, this is pretty damn irrelevant. Edited by freeradical
  • Love 14

I am extremely skeptical City of Hope would confirm or deny someone is a patient.

But, if they did, I wonder if E asked City of Hope to confirm a David B. Ayers as a patient since that is the name on the invoice Brooks provided.

The article stated City of Hope confirmed a David Brooks Ayers was not a patient.

Hold on the article is comparing the logo on Brooks invoice to "another patients documents". What in the world, where in the hell and who's "legit and official" document are they comparing it to? Hinky. If ya gonna do it, do it professionally. Just because Brooks has practically nailed his own coffin shut doesn't mean I want to be "duped" (hee, i'm loving this word now) about the final nail.

• Love 2

Yes, Terry could have written a script, even though Brooks was NOT his patient but then you have the issue of getting said perscription filled. According to the story, this happened late at night and I am assuming that just like here, PA, most retail pharmacies would have been closed and most retail pharmacies do NOT prepare IV bags as they do not have HEPA HOODS/Units to do it. That would leave getting said IV bag from a hospital, so he, Terry, would have just told Brooks to go to the closest hospital and notify his Oncologist/treating Physician. Having an IV administered at home is not the same as getting a bottle of pills filled.

I always wondered why Vicki jus didn't say a concierge care provider treated him.  There are tons of  them in OC and many make house calls.  Again a very traceable lie.

• Love 5

Dude. Terry is not Brooks Doctor, he's a plastic surgeon not an oncologist and I don't know of any doctors that make housecalls. Brooks was claiming/lying about having cancer and the e room has the ability to check oxygen levels, heartbeat, pulse, and take blood to confirm hydration had actually improved. I was only commenting to the obsurdity of them thinking they could get an iv delivered. I don't know why I'm even responding, this is pretty damn irrelevant.

Thank you for this, no legitimate doctor would touch this with a ten foot pole. Ever.

• Love 9
Lucygirl2, on 10 Nov 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

Brooks & Vicki lied about Brooks having Cancer!

The lengths the woman (mostly Meghan) went to to uncover the lie shouldn't hold the same weight as far as outrage goes & honestly I can't believe it does for apparently some people.  Yes, Meghan was a bit overly enthusiastic in her "Nancy Drew" act & I don't think she did it out of concern for Vicki but should the outrage be anywhere near the same as it is for Vicki & Brooks who lied about Cancer???

I also have no doubts that if none of these women ever said anything to expose the lies & it came out at some point Brooks faked his cancer, we would all be sitting here thinking everyone of these bitches was in on it.  And the outrage over Terry, a doctor, supporting these lies.

This, exactly.  I do have to admit I find it almost amusing how the tone has shifted from "OMFG....  how could somebody be so CRUEL to accuse somebody of lying about cancer!!?!?" to "well, the point isn't if he does or doesn't have cancer----it's really how inappropriate Megan and the other ladies were in going about obtaining the truth."  Yeah, no.  That shit doesn't fly under *my* moral compass. 

I vote B he is a lying liar who lies. 

And also, Vickie, from me to you, fuck off you lying piece of shit.

I couldn't say it any better than this. 

• Love 15

Hold on the article is comparing the logo on Brooks invoice to "another patients documents". What in the world, where in the hell and who's "legit and official" document are they comparing it to? Hinky. If ya gonna do it, do it professionally. Just because Brooks has practically nailed his own coffin shut doesn't mean I want to be "duped" (hee, i'm loving this word now) about the final nail.

While awaiting confirmation from the hospital E! News used bills from other patients.  They also tracked the registered logos of City of Hope.

• Love 7

Dude. Terry is not Brooks Doctor, he's a plastic surgeon not an oncologist and I don't know of any doctors that make housecalls. Brooks was claiming/lying about having cancer and the e room has the ability to check oxygen levels, heartbeat, pulse, and take blood to confirm hydration had actually improved. I was only commenting to the obsurdity of them thinking they could get an iv delivered. I don't know why I'm even responding, this is pretty damn irrelevant.

They do it on Married to Medicine. Maybe they should have given Toya a call. Hee.

While awaiting confirmation from the hospital E! News used bills from other patients.  They also tracked the registered logos of City of Hope.

Just like that? They had access to bills from other patients? That's what I find strange. We should get Meghan on that.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

Really? A hospital would really send out a representative to address the claims of a reality show participant? That seems........ odd.

It does not seem odd to me.  Brooks Ayers claimed to have been a patient there and produced a document to prove it.  I think they have every right to address this and refute it if the document is in fact fraudulent.  If someone produces a letter or an invoice apparently from a corporation and uses it to prove a lie, then said corporation has a right to challenge that document in public and state the truth--that they did not issue it.  I eagerly await another document from another hospital that Brooks produces in his earnest effort to persuade the public that he really really really is sick.

I think what happened here is that Brooks lied to Vicky to gain her sympathy and (financial) support.  But then Vicky brought it into the show.  And Brooks found his story very much in the public eye.  So he had to keep spinning and twisting and prevaricating on camera.  I could almost feel sorry for the little turd.  All those nights spent sitting blurry-eyed over a red-hot computer googling NHL treatments and symptoms and staging and so on.  Desperately trying to get it all correct so he doesn't get caught.  Doing his best to understand the terminology and the circumstances.  Must have been very wearing...

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 14

Thanks for the link. Essentially City of Hope Code of Conduct is summed up in one word, integrity. I think they abided by their own self-imposed code. Once Brooks involved the institution and one of its' physician they were put in the uncomfortable position of having to defend their hospital and physician. I guess it puts an end to those who claim that a non treating provider cannot comment on a alleged patient.

Does it matter who the representative is? US Magazine is reporting essentially the same thing. My guess is the representative most likely has work to do and doesn't want to spend the next few days answering phone calls from curious by standers.

I think Tamra may have summed up best when she said if he doesn't have cancer he needs another kind of help.

No. It doesn't put an end as to whether or not a non treating provider can comment on an alleged patient. Not for me. It's those pesky critical thinking skills I have, and my own experience working in healthcare since 1998. Maybe California has some special patient privacy laws I have never heard of (I don't live in California)?

Usually healthcare facilities have a specific department and point person that handles media inquiries. A City of Hope "representative" can me anyone.

• Love 3

I'm with you Scrambled fog. Just like every other piece of "proof" there's always something not quite right. Look Brooks has red flags all over the place no doubt about that but I'm just completely unnerved at what seems to be all this sloppy messy staged smoking gun revelations being passed off as legit. The methods are freaking me out more than the basic con man moves being delivered by Brooks. Geez Louise someone do a drive by PET SCAN on the man so we finally have something irrefutable. Uggghhh.

Lol to the drive by PET scans!

On the plus side, if E did crack the cancer case, wouldn't that mean the Brooks Tells All special is unnecessary?

The scenario FanOfFans painted in a post does seem to be happening though: Andy Cohen creating controversy to string us along to a non-conclusion w/ zero answers.

It feels like Bravo and Production created the storyline using Mad Libs (dating myself).

• Love 3

No. It doesn't put an end as to whether or not a non treating provider can comment on an alleged patient. Not for me. It's those pesky critical thinking skills I have,

I have some pesky critical thinking skills of my own :)

And I don't see why a non-treating provider may not comment on a claim from a non-patient who alleges that they have treated him.  The issue of confidentiality surely can only be relevant where confidentiality actually resides.  Which would be the case if Brooks had been a patient.  Brooks alleged that the chemo he was getting wasn't working so he was moving to alternative  medicines.  That could be interpreted in a way that would suggest that City of Hope was not a very good treatment centre.  Which I'm sure is not the case.  I'm certain that their record of treating real NHL patients with real medicine and real chemo is absolutely excellent!

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 19

SCRAMBLED FOG, ON 10 NOV 2015 - 3:34 PM, SAID:

At the link, there is another link to a PDF for City of Hope's Notice of Privacy Practices.

It is worth the read, IMO.

http://www.cityofhop...code-of-conduct

I wonder who the City of Hope representative E contacted is? Why wasn't the representative's name and their position stated in the article, on the record?

I'm with you Scrambled fog. Just like every other piece of "proof" there's always something not quite right. Look Brooks has red flags all over the place no doubt about that but I'm just completely unnerved at what seems to be all this sloppy messy staged smoking gun revelations being passed off as legit. The methods are freaking me out more than the basic con man moves being delivered by Brooks. Geez Louise someone do a drive by PET SCAN on the man so we finally have something irrefutable. Uggghhh.

Agree with you both so, for a lark, I meandered over to CoH's Web site. On the various news releases posted in the media relations section the contact info is a general link --  no names, so probably different staffers handle inquiries depending on the topic . Now on the "Leadership" page, there are actual highly paid bods evident. Media relations most likely falls within the purview of the CMO or the COO altho maybe the legal dude oversaw this crazy dance.

Here's the page link for Megs, Tams, and Cindy Lou Who -- the worthy souls, the luminaries who want, nay demand the truth because they care so much for Vicki's well being -- to follow up, speak with one of CoH's C-levels and reveal all on WWHL.

http://www.cityofhope.org/about-city-of-hope/executive-leadership

I have some pesky critical thinking skills of my own :)

And I don't see why a non-treating provider may not comment on a claim from a non-patient who alleges that they have treated him. The issue of confidentiality surely can only be relevant where confidentiality actually resides. Which would be the case if Brooks had been a patient. Brooks alleged that the chemo he was getting wasn't working so he was moving to alternative medicines. That could be interpreted in a way that would suggest that City of Hope was not a very good treatment centre. Which I'm sure is not the case. I'm certain that their record of treating real NHL patients with real medicine and real chemo is absolutely excellent!

Not only that, the reason why the initial chemo bill that he copied was on line to begin with is that the patient was grossly overcharged for chemo drugs. So Brooks in his infinite wisdom copied the mistake in his fake invoice. Rookie mistake lol.

ETA http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/434562-cmc-northeast-chemotherapy-bill.html

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 11

I didn't say Meghan is the real villain.  But she's just plain awful.  Justifying her actions by Lee Ann's battle with cancer and how it affected Meghan herself.  It was Lee Ann who was dying. It was Lee Ann who was suffering, and Hayley, and Hayley's sister Lauren whom we never saw. Not Meghan the second trophy wife.

I am so right there with you. It really bothers me that Meghan got a pass for all her nasty behavior this season. To me, she is almost as bad as Vicki in the way that she used cancer as a story line for herself. In some ways, Meghan is worse because Lee Ann was actually dying and Meghan used that as her personal cross to bear. This is why I wish Lizzie had been at the reunion - she seems to be the only one still holding Meghan accountable for her actions. And it disappoints me that Shannon is now cozying up to Meghan simply  because they have a common enemy. If Meghan is back next season, I hope Brooks' absence brings the spotlight back to her bullshit and that she pisses off the wrong people (i.e. Tamra and Heather).

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 12
PhilMarlowe2, on 10 Nov 2015 - 5:13 PM, said:

I am so right there with you. It really bothers me that Meghan got a pass for all her nasty behavior this season. To me, she is almost as bad as Vicki in the way that she used cancer as a story line for herself. In some ways, Meghan is worse because Lee Ann was actually dying and Meghan used that as her personal cross to bear. This is why I wish Lizzie had been at the reunion - she seems to be the only one still holding Meghan accountable for her actions. And it disappoints me that Shannon is now cozying up to Meghan simply  because they have a common enemy. If Meghan is back next season, I hope Brooks' absence brings the spotlight back to her bullshit and that she pisses off the wrong people (i.e. Tamra and Heather).

How did she get a "pass" exactly? She was skewered relentlessly by the other housewives (Heather's luncheon!), on social media, and on blogs/websites like this for the majority of the season.

• Love 12

PET Scan/CT Scan

I went and got a Cat Scan from the same place as Brooks...from Hoagie Newfound Imaging....yeah yeah yeah that's the ticket

Now how authentic is this...well I'm a Bunny so you draw your own conclusions

Ox1xu1.jpg

I will concede that this shows a CAT Scan took place.  However, I need proof that it is your PET Scan.  Can you identify this patient as your PET?  It could belong to anyone.  You could have even copied this off the Interweb.  I've never trusted Bunnies, and I'm not about to start now.  You'll be hearing from my Justice Seeker, Meghan.

• Love 7

No. It doesn't put an end as to whether or not a non treating provider can comment on an alleged patient. Not for me. It's those pesky critical thinking skills I have, and my own experience working in healthcare since 1998. Maybe California has some special patient privacy laws I have never heard of (I don't live in California)?

Usually healthcare facilities have a specific department and point person that handles media inquiries. A City of Hope "representative" can me anyone.

I can only think you are being purposely obtuse.  The City of Hope has commented and said Brooks did not receive treatment there after Brooks submitted documents purporting he did.  Obviously, a medical facility/practitioner can and did deny a person's claim of being a patient.  It is really irrelevant what your personal code is to the discussion whether or not a medical/facility provider can or is prohibited by law under HIPAA to release such information.  Not only did City of Hope feel they could comment on someone claiming to be a patient who was not-they did.

Until someone maybe you or Brooks proves that the statement obtained by E! News is false or unauthorized I think it is pretty well settled that City of Hope does not have any records to support Brooks' claim he was treated there.

They do it on Married to Medicine. Maybe they should have given Toya a call. Hee.

Just like that? They had access to bills from other patients? That's what I find strange. We should get Meghan on that.

Here is a guess -the access was voluntary-someone somebody knew came forward with  bona fide correspondence from City of Hope.  I am sure after the first story ran there plenty of volunteers. 

Gee here is another idea-take a made up bill into the hospital's billing department and say you want to make a payment on it with a made-up invoice and patient number and it will take all of about five minutes to find out the bill wasn't generated by the facility.  I am sure the cashier will be bummed to have turn back the $30,000.00.  I always go back to Watergate-follow the money.

• Love 15
This, exactly.  I do have to admit I find it almost amusing how the tone has shifted from "OMFG....  how could somebody be so CRUEL to accuse somebody of lying about cancer!!?!?" to "well, the point isn't if he does or doesn't have cancer----it's really how inappropriate Megan and the other ladies were in going about obtaining the truth."  Yeah, no.  That shit doesn't fly under *my* moral compass.

LOL, you noticed that too, huh?  And as far as Meghan, she was raked over the coals for most of the season, so I'd agree that she got no pass whatsoever.  It just seems that, surprise surprise, someone faking cancer tends to weight more heavily as far as misdeeds done this season.

• Love 9

As far as I am concerned there was an attempt to use this Cancer lie for monetary gain... Casseroles aren't made for free ;)

Brooks got paid and received transportation and hotel for at least one of the interviews.  The interviews that were an open forum for Brooks and his cancer. 

• Love 3

I will concede that this shows a CAT Scan took place.  However, I need proof that it is your PET Scan.  Can you identify this patient as your PET?  It could belong to anyone.  You could have even copied this off the Interweb.  I've never trusted Bunnies, and I'm not about to start now.  You'll be hearing from my Justice Seeker, Meghan.

Scene from Pink Panther movie.

Inspector Clousseau walks into a hotel and sees a dog laying near the inn's front desk.

He says Does your dog bite

Inn Keeper replies, "no"

Inspector reaches down to pet dog and dog grrrrrrrr and bites him

Inspector says you said your dog does not bite

Inn Keeper :this is not my dog

Notice Bunny's carefully worded sentence. I said I got "a" CAT scan. I never said that was my cat scan  nor did I say that was my PET. Therefore I did not lie.

As for siccing Meghan on me...I say BRING IT...I will put Ms 30 something in her place I can throw a mean fastball with Lemons

• Love 4

I am extremely skeptical City of Hope would confirm or deny someone is a patient.

But, if they did, I wonder if E asked City of Hope to confirm a David B. Ayers as a patient since that is the name on the invoice Brooks provided.

The article stated City of Hope confirmed a David Brooks Ayers was not a patient.

The name on the bill that Brooks gave E had his name as David Brooks Ayers on it and that would be the name he was treated under. If CoH has NO record of a patient by the name of "David Brooks Ayers" then he could NOT have a legit bill with that name on it.

• Love 8

I put this in the media thread too but Brooks's con has hit my favorite gossip site, Dlisted. 

http://dlisted.com/2015/11/10/city-of-hope-says-that-theyve-never-treated-brooks-ayers-for-cancer/

Someone in the comments discusses Joey Feek's end-of-life struggle; she is a country singer dying of cancer with an 18-month year old baby daughter with Down's Syndrome.  She is legitimately famous in country music, and she is now in hospice because nothing can be done.  This is who I now think of when I think of this repulsive con that Brooks and Vicki attempted to pull off.

• Love 9

Why am I reminded of the Real Housewives of DC (was that the name of the show), and the faked White House Dinner invite from the Salahi's??  And, then, everyone found out how much they duped everyone about pretty much everything in their "real" life - from their co-housewives, the camera crew, producers - all the way up to Bravo execs and Andy??  

I don't think Andy can be too thrilled with Brooks right about now - in fact, I bet he's pretty pissed off!  As far as Vicki is concerned, I think that Andy believes (or, maybe, even knows for a fact) that she WAS duped by Brooks, because she isn't as smart as she professes to be.  He seemed to believe her during the reunion.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 7

Why am I reminded of the Real Housewives of DC (was that the name of the show), and the faked White House Dinner invite from the Salahi's??  And, then, everyone found out how much they duped everyone about pretty much everything in their "real" life - from their co-housewives, the camera crew, producers - all the way up to Bravo execs and Andy??  

Great analogy! I had forgotten the Salahi Chronicles. That event generated as much did-they-or-didn't-they as Brooks 'n Vix.

• Love 5

Which is precisely my point.  If they can't afford chemo what then?  R-CHOP has a huge cure rate.  I would like to find the scientists who came up with Retuximab--which is the monoclonal antibody that saved my husband's life--and give them a big kiss, a bouquet of out-of-season roses and my eternal gratitude.

But if you can't afford it.  Well then you become prey to all the 'alternative' medicine purveyors who claim they will cure you for less money--but still significant money.  Anyone here remember laetrile?  The wonder alternative drug which meant you didn't need to go through chemo etc etc etc.  I always wonder what the final body count on that one was.  

I have no answer for those poor people who have to undergo horrific personal circumstances in order to cure themselves.  'Medical bankruptcy' was a term I only found out when my husband was sick and I was spending night after night on the (very helpful and informative) Leukaemia and Lymphoma Board.  But better bankrupt and alive, IMO, than spending $$$$$ on a 'cure' that has about as much validity as mainlining Coca Cola.  I'm sorry, but this crap makes me want to vomit.

Fortunately, hospitals work with a lot of charities that will help out in all kinds of situations, and pharmaceutical companies help with drug costs.  To the best of my knowledge, if a patient wants treatment but can't afford it, they will not let the patient go untreated, they have ways to help with the costs.

• Love 3

Great analogy! I had forgotten the Salahi Chronicles. That event generated as much did-they-or-didn't-they as Brooks 'n Vix.

Yup....I even remember seeing all kinds of news reports on it, and I think it was a fairly big story for Matt Lauer on the Today Show, and maybe even on The View, too??

The Salahi's got a lot of mileage out of it -  plus, lots of free trips to different places to confirm/refute/deny/lie....I wonder if Brooks will be doing the talk show rounds?

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 3

Well, it was "rumored" that because of their antics Andy/Bravo cancelled that show entirely.

• Love 3

Fortunately, hospitals work with a lot of charities that will help out in all kinds of situations, and pharmaceutical companies help with drug costs.  To the best of my knowledge, if a patient wants treatment but can't afford it, they will not let the patient go untreated, they have ways to help with the costs.

As a medical socialworker for the last 25 year years ,it pains me to say this is a common misperceptions that is not true:(

• Love 9

Well, it was "rumored" that because of their antics Andy/Bravo cancelled that show entirely.

Yup. [momentary derail] But in the deepest recesses of my HWs-viewin' soul, I felt that the Salahis made a dull season kind of watchable. Otherwise: Mary's closet! Lynda's grinch face! Cat's supercilious 'tude! Good grief. [/momentary derail]

• Love 5

Yup. [momentary derail] But in the deepest recesses of my HWs-viewin' soul, I felt that the Salahis made a dull season kind of watchable. Otherwise: Mary's closet! Lynda's grinch face! Cat's supercilious 'tude! Good grief. [/momentary derail]

They were OTT and funny in a sad way but then the White House Dinner happened and they weren't so funny anymore, just deranged.

• Love 3

I don't think Andy can be too thrilled with Brooks right about now - in fact, I bet he's pretty pissed off!  As far as Vicki is concerned, I think that Andy believes (or, maybe, even knows for a fact) that she WAS duped by Brooks, because she isn't as smart as she professes to be.  He seemed to believe her during the reunion.

I think Andy, much like the HWs, gave Vicki an out and she refused to take it. If Andy believes that at some point, either before or during filming, that Vicki became complicit with Brooks and his cancer lies, she may not be asked back next season. Andy hates, HATES, to be made a fool of by any of the HWs and right now Andy has egg all over his face.

• Love 7

As a medical socialworker for the last 25 year years ,it pains me to say this is a common misperceptions that is not true:(

Oh, well that sucks.  Maybe it depends on the hospital.  I did work at in a nationally known hospital for a while, and it was amazing the number of charities that, at least, paid for the pharmacy bill.  I guess I was overly optimistic about the availability of help for those outrageous expenses.  I've also heard of hospitals working out long term payment plans, though I have no idea how that would work with an elderly, or terminal patient.

• Love 2

I don't see how he can believe Vicki now that City of Hope has stated Brooks was never a patient. Andy himself asked her about going there with him , to which she said she had. She is stupid, but NOBODY sits in the hallway the whole time without checking on things, ESPECIALLY nosy, impatient, rude and obnoxious Vicki Gunvalson.

Andy last week made a comment about Brooks on WWHL to the effect of......Since he is such a dick, now we know why he calls himself Girth Brooks.  Not his exact words at all....but it was a definite dig.   

• Love 6

I didn't know the IV story was connected to such a "dire" situation. It was just sticking out to me cause I just saw an IV house call not that long ago on Married to Medicine so it didn't seem like such a pearl clutching claim but if Vicki was claiming Brooks was having some sort of emergency reaction on deaths door and Terry prescribed his IV toting Dr. Friend as a solution then absolutely not just a gatorade, electrolite situation.

Yeah I know, I scratch my head at this all the time too... <shrug>

The IV's they did on Married to Medicine were VITAMINS and given to HEALTHY individuals.

Vicki's claim (lie) was that Brooks was seriously ill.   Briana advised her to take Brooks to the ER.

I think that saying comes about because getting shot is actually par for the course if you decide to wade in too deep into matters that don't honestly concern you aside from you having some information.

Or not, either way I honestly don't believe an Orange should be a justifiable defense which is why the housewives come up with the "but we were worried about Vicki" gag....

Apparently, Vicki believed an "Orange" was a justifiable defense for her lies.

An "Orange" was the reason Vicki went along with Brooks' non-cancer story.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 8

The IV's they did on Married to Medicine were VITAMINS and given to HEALTHY individuals.

Vicki's claim (lie) was that Brooks was seriously ill.   Briana advised her to take Brooks to the ER.

Apparently, Vicki believed an "Orange" was a justifiable defense for her lies.

An "Orange" was the reason Vicki went along with Brooks' non-cancer story.

Let's call  the orange what is in real life-in Vicki's case probably close to a million bucks.  Just no way Vicki is going to let loose of the orange.

• Love 6

The other women aren't going to let go of their oranges either, that's why they will all film with Vicki if Andy brings her back. Any threats to the contrary are hollow.  For fame or money, these women are not giving up RHOC.

• Love 8

Let's call  the orange what is in real life-in Vicki's case probably close to a million bucks.  Just no way Vicki is going to let loose of the orange.

Yes, that pesky paycheck. BUT, I also think Vicki craves the attention she gets from being on the show almost as much as she craves the paycheck. LOL

• Love 5

No one here said the two situations hold the same weight.  However, the women don't look very good for going through the lengths they did and the situation would never have escalated the way it did (the scans, the interviews, the Cut Fitness episode, etc.) if they had just let it die in the beginning. Brooks lies would have exposed him for what he is.

We all see it differently, I see that a few calls and a google search is no big deal.  I don't ding Meghan for what she did, not at all.  She had a feeling about something and ran with it, and well done her because her instinct was right.  She was right to discuss with the cast mates, they shared info and came up a stack of lies. Nothing they did caused V&B to lie the way that they did, that's on them. 

Further escalation is also on V&B, if they wanted to, they could have said nothing at all.  

As for 'letting it die' do you think (general you) that it would have (died a natural death), or would they have continued lying about dr appointments and asking for prayers and casseroles?  Me, I'm firmly in the camp of 'they would have played everyone while trying to make bank on the juice deal'.  It's a nice place, we have cookies.  

• Love 10

The other women aren't going to let go of their oranges either, that's why they will all film with Vicki if Andy brings her back. Any threats to the contrary are hollow.  For fame or money, these women are not giving up RHOC.

Well, to be accurate, neither Heather or Shannon said that they would NEVER, EVER film with Vicki, they only said that they did not want to film with her and they never said they wanted her fired or that it was a "them or her" deal. Tamra kept pretty quiet about it. Do I think they will film with her next season if she is back, I do but I also think they will be cool towards her, not warm/welcoming unless she, Vicki, does some on and off camera apologizing/schmoozing towards them, Tamra will go whichever way the wind goes or what Andy wants/needs her to go.  JMO

• Love 4

I'll film with Vicki for a measly 500k. Call me! As a result of this forum, I've wanted a green bean casserole for a week now. Yes, I'm the one who likes green bean casserole. Apparently the only one.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 11

I'll film with Vicki for a measly 500k. Call me! As a result of this forum, I've wanted a green bean casserole for a week now. Yes, I'm the one who likes green bean casserole. Apparently the only one.

Nope - not the only one....just bought all the stuff to make it for Thanksgiving - my husband, sons, nieces and nephew-in-law all like it, too.  It's a tradition!  ;-)

• Love 7

How did she get a "pass" exactly? She was skewered relentlessly by the other housewives (Heather's luncheon!), on social media, and on blogs/websites like this for the majority of the season.

I was referring to the reunion. No one confronted her about the way she meddled into Vicki's affairs in the name of "justice." I also don't recall the housewives skewering her over Heather's luncheon. Lizzie was the only one to say something to her, and it was pretty benign. Meghan did get a lot of flak from viewers, but that died down once it seemed Vicki was in fact lying. Regardless of whether Brooks was faking, it doesn't justify Meghan's behavior, IMO.

• Love 10