Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

Why does the cynical side of me think the stuff we care about will be in the last 15 minutes and then abruptly end without anything being settled?

I am guessing there will be a gush of support for Brooks and Vicki splitting the sheets.  Too bad it lasted all of about a week when the extra-curricular events overtook the Reunion happenings. 

• Love 2

Why does the cynical side of me think the stuff we care about will be in the last 15 minutes and then abruptly end without anything being settled?

I've been thinking ever since we first heard of the "notebook with tabs" that we'd never see it or any documentation and we'd be left hanging. I've prepared myself.

• Love 4

They never, ever, give us closure, they always leave us hanging! LOL

• Love 2

Brooks is literally a nobody. I can't stand Vicki, but it is appalling to watch her ruin her reputation, as much as it is, for this never was. Why lie for this loser?!?! Especially when Brooks seems content to sell Vicki down the river.

• Love 15

I'm pretty annoyed at the Vicky Is Vicktimstized hour and the blatant lies and insincerity.

I don't believe for a second that she was oblivious and duped by Brooks and I doubt some of the abuse spin. I was in an abusive relationship. I know not all are the same and people don't react the same. But she seems like she's fabricating or exaggerating it to have a "get out of jail" card.

I'm pretty sure Andy smelled bullshit this entire interview also.

• Love 19

I do sort of feel sorry for Vicki.  I am still giving Brooks the benefit of the doubt regarding his cancer (at the same time seriously side-eyeing!)   Brooks is probably faking the severity of his *cancer* and due to the fact that he's the master-grifter, has a PhD in lying and manipulation I can see where most everyone would believe he has cancer when he says so.

I'm sure there were a lot of red flags for Vicki but she really did love him with the fire of a thousand suns and at first she was fiercely loyal and defending him out of love - she was blinded by it.  I don't agree with most of what Vicki has done but I do understand her actions to a certain extent.

• Love 19

People who receive cancer treatment are at a higher risk for dehydration.

If Brooks received his chemo treatment with other patients, visitors can't be in the room due to safety issues and patient privacy.

I don't know if that is the case here in New Jersey.  When my Dad was undergoing chemo treatments, he was in a room with a group of people, and we would go in and sit with him a lot, as did other patients' family.  Sometimes, there were too many other patients to sit with him, but we were all able to come and go from the treatment room.  The nurses actually encouraged it.  

• Love 21

I find it very funny that Tamra can't pronounce pastor because she confuses it with meat cooked al pastor. Here's a hint, one is an ordained Christian minster and the other is meat cooked in a Mexican restaurant using Lebanese cooking methods on a trompo.

• Love 10

I find it very funny that Tamra can't pronounce pastor because she confuses it with meat cooked al pastor. Here's a hint, one is an ordained Christian minster and the other is meat cooked in a Mexican restaurant using Lebanese cooking methods on a trompo.

She couldn't pronounce al pastor either.

• Love 2

People who receive cancer treatment are at a higher risk for dehydration.

If Brooks received his chemo treatment with other patients, visitors can't be in the room due to safety issues and patient privacy.

Actually, they make the family member/friend sitting with the chemo patient wear a mask if there is another patient recieving chemo in the same room and they are worried about compromising their immune system.

I'm pretty annoyed at the Vicky Is Vicktimstized hour and the blatant lies and insincerity.

I don't believe for a second that she was oblivious and duped by Brooks and I doubt some of the abuse spin. I was in an abusive relationship. I know not all are the same and people don't react the same. But she seems like she's fabricating or exaggerating it to have a "get out of jail" card.

I'm pretty sure Andy smelled bullshit this entire interview also.

I do think Vicki knew from the get go that he did not have cancer, she would have had doubts just based on the lie he told her about having pancreatic cancer to get her to leave Donn. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 15

I do sort of feel sorry for Vicki. I am still giving Brooks the benefit of the doubt regarding his cancer (at the same time seriously side-eyeing!) Brooks is probably faking the severity of his *cancer* and due to the fact that he's the master-grifter, has a PhD in lying and manipulation I can see where most everyone would believe he has cancer when he says so.

I'm sure there were a lot of red flags for Vicki but she really did love him with the fire of a thousand suns and at first she was fiercely loyal and defending him out of love - she was blinded by it. I don't agree with most of what Vicki has done but I do understand her actions to a certain extent.

This. I'm so irritated since I've been one of the last holdouts on the cancer train. I never thought I'd see the day that I'd feel bad for her

• Love 8

Actually, they make the family member/friend sitting with the chemo patient wear a mask if there is another patient recieving chemo in the same room and they are worried about compromising their immune system.

I do think Vicki knew from the get go that he did not have cancer, she would have had doubts just based on the lie he told her about having pancreatic cancer to get her to leave Donn. JMO

Visitors are not allowed in the chemo treatment rooms when more than one patient is present at the university hospital I work at for the reasons cited in my post you quoted.

• Love 3

We will never know "what Vicks knew",because she will never cop to anything and will continue to spin her narrative,  to put herself in the least negative light. That said, her attacks and defections and  denials about the possibility that Brooks was not being truthful are a good illustration of people who willing to sacrifice all their long standing relationships for a loser guy, not matter  how shitty they are. I would expect that kind of behavior from a 16 year old, but Vicks is 50 something, way too old for that behavior. No wonder Shannon is done with her. 

• Love 14

It's not allowed in the hospital I work at.

Some patients are able to receive their treatments privately or at home though.

That could be the difference - my Dad received his chemo treatments at his doctor's oncology center.

• Love 3

Fake tears from Meghan, who knew! Go Shannon! I love that she whipped out her report from the same imaging place and could clearly explain the differences between her test results and Brooks's Doctoredfakereport.

And then Briana, who worked at Hogue for several years, adds in that they have their own transcriptionists and would NOT use NL's transcriptionists as further evidence that Brooks was/is lying.

• Love 15

We will never know "what Vicks knew",because she will never cop to anything and will continue to spin her narrative,  to put herself in the least negative light. That said, her attacks and defections and  denials about the possibility that Brooks was not being truthful are a good illustration of people who willing to sacrifice all their long standing relationships for a loser guy, not matter  how shitty they are. I would expect that kind of behavior from a 16 year old, but Vicks is 50 something, way too old for that behavior. No wonder Shannon is done with her.

Sadly, I think your average 16 year old is more mature than Vicki.

Then again, I think your average 6 year old is more mature than Vicki.....

• Love 17

In the end this devolved into Vicki defending Vicki for being Vicki.

She divorced Don for this grifter and got burned bad in the end.

She was trying to justify him to everyone for her poor choices.

We all make some bad choices in life, but at some point you have to drop the rose colored glasses and view your situation for what it truly is or is not and move on or go down with the sinking ship.

• Love 17

I do feel sorry for Vicki to a certain extent however my eyes were rolling in the back of my head when she said she was scared/frightened of Brooks.  Pure fake-assed sympathy move right there.  At times Vicks was laying it on a little thick.  I do believe that Vicki thought Brooks really had cancer in the beginning.  

I also think Vicki knew much earlier than 3 months ago that Brooks was lying about the severity of his cancer (if he has it at all) and she was too embarrassed to admit the truth because she was defending him left, right, and sideways and was already in too deep to back track or change her mind without losing some serious face.  You know, Vicks dug a massive hole for herself standing by Brooks and taking up his cause, being such a ride or die mouthpiece for him, etc.

I think the more Vicki doubted Brooks' stories the more manipulation tricks he pulled out of his hat.  I mean, you gotta be a truly shitty person of the highest order to lie about the big C.  No one does that.  Who does that ?!  (I know, I know ....)   

• Love 12

It got confusing with some of the talking over each other. Did Tamara say the first season she met Vicki that Vicki told her she was thinking of leaving Donn for a lover with pancreatic cancer, which would be Brooks? It sounded like she said that. Tamara started the show in season 2, right?

• Love 10

In the end this devolved into Vicki defending Vicki for being Vicki.

She divorced Don for this grifter and got burned bad in the end.

She was trying to justify him to everyone for her poor choices.

We all make some bad choices in life, but at some point you have to drop the rose colored glasses and view your situation for what it truly is or is not and move on or go down with the sinking ship.

She left Donn when Brooks told her that he had Pancreatic Cancer, so we know he has used "cancer" to get his way with Vicki before his NHL claim.

I do feel sorry for Vicki to a certain extent however my eyes were rolling in the back of my head when she said she was scared/frightened of Brooks.  Pure fake-assed sympathy move right there.  At times Vicks was laying it on a little thick.  I do believe that Vicki thought Brooks really had cancer in the beginning.  

I also think Vicki knew much earlier than 3 months ago that Brooks was lying about the severity of his cancer (if he has it at all) and she was too embarrassed to admit the truth because she was defending him left, right, and sideways and was already in too deep to back track or change her mind without losing some serious face.  You know, Vicks dug a massive hole for herself standing by Brooks and taking up his cause, being such a ride or die mouthpiece for him, etc.

I think the more Vicki doubted Brooks' stories the more manipulation tricks he pulled out of his hat.  I mean, you gotta be a truly shitty person of the highest order to lie about the big C.  No one does that.  Who does that ?!  (I know, I know ....)   

The fact that he told her he had Pancreatic Cancer to get her to leave Donn and that he did NOT have it should have been a neon warning sign to her then and should have made her doubt him with his NHL claim/story/lie.

• Love 23

Visitors are not allowed in the chemo treatment rooms when more than one patient is present at the university hospital I work at for the reasons cited in my post you quoted.

Vicki claimed to be in the infusion room with Brooks.

• Love 4

I have had cancer so I was really wanting to believe him, feeling like who the hell would ever fake that shit? Mine was resolved very relatively easily, no chemo or radiation (yet). So I really wanted to give the benefit of the doubt. But damn. I'm done. Ugh.

Edited by mjstrick
  • Love 15

It got confusing with some of the talking over each other. Did Tamara say the first season she met Vicki that Vicki told her she was thinking of leaving Donn for a lover with pancreatic cancer, which would be Brooks? It sounded like she said that. Tamara started the show in season 2, right?

Yes, Tamra outed him using Pancreatic cancer to get Vicki to leave Donn. That alone should have made Vicki question his claim of NHL IMO.

I missed that.

Why did Shannon have the scan?

Did she have a PET, CT, or a PET/CT scan?

What part of her body was scanned?

It was a scan she had a couple of years ago, she had NI give her a copy of the report to compare to Brooks scan report. The letter head on Brooks report was completly different that Shannons report. Also, Briana worked at Hogue Hospital and revealed they have their own transcriptionists and would NOT have used NI's people. Shannon did NOT go into detail about why she had the scan.

• Love 11
It got confusing with some of the talking over each other. Did Tamara say the first season she met Vicki that Vicki told her she was thinking of leaving Donn for a lover with pancreatic cancer, which would be Brooks? It sounded like she said that. Tamara started the show in season 2, right?[/qyuote]

So this would be the third time Crooks lied to Vicki about having cancer. The first would be pancreatic cancer so she left Donn for him, the second would be when they were in Hawaii (Tamara and Vicki) where he would not answer the phone and would not call Vicki back and then would not give her an answer until he knew she was alone in the car and third - season 10.

The way I can tell if Vicki is lying... when her lips are moving. She contradicts herself repeatedly in the last half hour alone.

• Love 14